Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kevin Spacey's Collapse is Complete, AGAIN! 'Billionaire Boys Club' Opens with $126!

Disgraced actor Kevin Spacey is enduring a career low at the box office this weekend.

The ensemble crime-drama Billionaire Boys Club quietly opened Friday in 10 theaters scattered in select states across the U.S. The indie film earned an abysmal $126 for the day following its release on premium VOD last month, according to those with access to theater grosses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2018 8:56 PM

I would like to see it. Theaters refuse to open Indy films...only stupid Marvel movies are in theaters...it is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 1August 18, 2018 11:36 PM

Don't waste your time. I was watching online and stopped it after 30 minutes out of pure boredom. Good movies can be made about financial crimes (Margin Call, Big Short), but this is not one of them.

Too bad, cause there haven't been this many hot boys in a movie since Riot Club.

by Anonymousreply 2August 18, 2018 11:39 PM

For a film that had no promotion and was released on VOD weeks ago, this is not surprising.

Spacey was great, but the film was terrible.

by Anonymousreply 3August 18, 2018 11:45 PM

$126?! How is that even possible? So some theaters had only one or two people and others were just completely empty?

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2018 12:29 AM

I'd see it. I followed the story when it happened. Is it really terrible? The tv movie was pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2018 12:35 AM

Does the story report on how many theaters it's showing in? I checked Fandango and none come up.  It could be showing at one or two theaters.

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2018 1:14 AM

Per OP's link, 10 theaters.

[quote] Put another way, that's a per location average of $12.60, which doesn't even equal two tickets if going by the current average ticket price of $9.27.

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2018 1:15 AM

This is what happens to your career when you keep trying to diddle underage boys. Take note, Bryan Singer.

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2018 5:37 AM

How tragic. Were the trolls, who hate #metoo and love Kevin Spacey's work, too busy to show their support and buy tickets for to see this movie? Or *gasp* are trolls just not that numerous and supportive? MInd. Boggles!

by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2018 6:23 AM

Sorry, ... show their support and buy tickets to see this movie?

by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2018 6:23 AM

I had misread the headline and thought it was 126 million! The real number is much more satisfying. Delicious. Utter humiliation for Kevin = karma (if the accusations are true.)

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2018 7:42 AM

R9, in New York it’s only playing at one movie theater, and only one showing - 10:00pm. I can only assume the other theaters are the same. Also, the movie is already on Apple & Amazon so no need to see it in a theater. I saw it via Amazon about two weeks ago. It’s alright. Spacey & Egerton are good, but the rest of the cast & story can be forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2018 8:15 AM

I would have gone to cinema to see it and i think he's guilty ! Dont even know how those 13 found out, must be mind readers. Very tragic end to his career, and he has sadly none to blame for it but himself.

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2018 7:39 PM

I saw it. I just wanted some alone time.

by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2018 8:09 PM

Oh no !! Spacey back in the news will mean his brother will be back giving interviews.

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2018 8:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!