Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Motive, role of MLM scheme in their bankruptcy

Now that we have the bodies, I am curious to see if this huge debt this couple ended up with had to do with their Thrive MLM coaxing them to buy more things with false promises of great wealth. Why are they not regulated? Those “technical colleges” were caught taking money from vulnerable people. Who and what is Thrive and is anyone watching them?

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2018 5:54 AM

Missing key info here. Who are “they”?

by Anonymousreply 1August 18, 2018 8:57 PM

Sorry, I tried to put in a heading, but I don’t know where it went. I meant Watts and his family.

by Anonymousreply 2August 18, 2018 8:58 PM

Watts-his-name?

by Anonymousreply 3August 18, 2018 8:59 PM

Charlie Watts?

by Anonymousreply 4August 18, 2018 9:00 PM

Maybe someone else can start a proper thread please.

by Anonymousreply 5August 18, 2018 9:00 PM

Well, obviously I’m a moron. I tried starting a new thread and just called it Watts murders but it did the same thing. Can someone with more sense rescue this thread please?

by Anonymousreply 6August 18, 2018 9:08 PM

The grandmother of all MLM company, Amway, spent millions basically bribing state officials not to classify MLMs as illegal pyramid schemes, which they clearly are. It’s all the money involved that matters. That’s why they are not regulated. Corruption.

by Anonymousreply 7August 18, 2018 9:10 PM

The Amway family is one of the owners of the Republican party.

by Anonymousreply 8August 18, 2018 9:17 PM

I’ve seen a perfectly normal friend turn loony trying to get me involved in Rodan and Fields. She finally just dropped it because she made no money. Her husband has cancer and they pay for three grown college age children.

I wonder if Watts targeted her on FB with all her boasting about how much money she made. Didn’t she meet him on FB?

by Anonymousreply 9August 18, 2018 9:24 PM

We never did establish whether that half mil in debt included the mortgage on that 5-bedroom house, or was in addition to it.

But we did establish that she had a proper job before this, and it was in the last year or two that she quit her real job and took up the pyramid scheme full-time. So he didn't marry her because she was claiming to make big money as an at-home marketer, that bullshit came later.

by Anonymousreply 10August 18, 2018 11:16 PM

I’m getting a bad feeling that a lot of that credit card debt might be MLM purchases. Those people are evil.

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2018 5:32 AM

Isn't Tupperware part of Amway?

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2018 5:48 AM

Yikes, look at this.(out of wikipedia) DeVos is married to Dick DeVos, the former CEO of the multi-level marketing company Amway, and is the daughter-in-law of Amway's billionaire co-founder, Richard DeVos.[8][9] Her brother, Erik Prince, a former U.S. Navy SEAL officer, is the founder of Blackwater USA.[10] Their father is Edgar Prince, founder of the Prince Corporation.[11][12] In 2016, the family was listed by Forbes as the 88th richest in America, with an estimated net worth of $5.4 billion.[13]

Betsy de Vos is all Amway!!

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2018 5:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!