Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hummingbirds

Hands down the cheapest, easiest way to interact with nature. By a ten dollar feeder and fill it with a quarter’s worth of sugar a couple of times a week. They are as feisty as they are beautiful and their acrobatic dog-fights provide me with hours of enjoyment. They have a remarkable migration, especially for their size, and eat lots of mosquitoes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98March 6, 2021 12:24 PM

First, the Honey Bees' disappearing; next, Hummingbirds.

We've not seen one this year -

by Anonymousreply 1August 17, 2018 3:19 AM

They do not eat mosquitos, Hummingbirds are specialized nectarivores

by Anonymousreply 2August 17, 2018 3:19 AM

I agree, OP - I love hummingbirds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 17, 2018 3:19 AM

They make their nests out of spiderwebs and moss so that they can expand with the growing babies. When they learn the best, the babies weigh twice as much as the mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 17, 2018 3:20 AM

R2, you are wrong. While hey live in Central America it is the dry season and there are very few plants in flower and they live almost exclusively on insects down there. Again, you’re wrong and should do some Googling.

by Anonymousreply 5August 17, 2018 3:21 AM

The Victorians liked to make jewelry out of them!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 17, 2018 3:25 AM

I wish they weren't so mean to each other. One will dominate a feeder and attack all other comers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 17, 2018 3:25 AM

I love their sound, the sound of their wings, and I love their little fights at the feeder. But sometimes I feel like I've corrupted them, like a crack dealer.

by Anonymousreply 8August 17, 2018 3:25 AM

Beautiful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 17, 2018 3:26 AM

Maybe by putting up multiple feeders kind of apart from each other, the bully won't be able to patrol all of them so the others will be able to access at least some of them.

by Anonymousreply 10August 17, 2018 3:27 AM

Why not just watch Kristen Chenoweth on Trial and Error?

by Anonymousreply 11August 17, 2018 3:28 AM

R7, R10 they say if you hang all your feeders together in a tight area and not spread out they can dominate one and they get along better. There are videos of 30 feeder-groupings in Texas that have hundreds around them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 17, 2018 3:30 AM

If you’re ever wondering when to put your feeder out, this was last year’s arrival map for the East coast. This website is the best information available for those of us in the Midwest to East.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 17, 2018 3:32 AM

From 1973's era of 'Mustache Rock,' Seals and Croft's "Hummingbird" -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 17, 2018 3:33 AM

I think they're pretty amazing. Trumpetvines are very aggressive weeds, but I leave them to bloom, since they attract the hummers. My Mom always put out feeders, but I don't: I just count on the trumpetvines to attract them. Hummingbirds are really spectacular from an evolutionary point of view. All birds are, essentially, dinosaurs, still living in the modern world. Hummingbirds have the highest metabolism of any bird. The idea that ruby-throated hummingbirds fly across the Caribbean every year is sobering. Hummingbirds are strictly American (North and South), although Africa does have sunbirds, which share some similarities. I can't imagine what the Euros make of them. I've actually been seriously touched by the Brits who were interested when I've chatted about katydids, cicadas, and treefrogs.

by Anonymousreply 15August 17, 2018 3:58 AM

[quote]a couple of times a week.

You might get away with cleaning the feeder only a couple of times a week in the fall or winter, but in summer it may be a death sentence to the birds. The sugar solution can develop bacteria or start to ferment in as little as two days depending on the heat which is why I don't bother to feed until late fall. Our temps are in 90s and 100s all summer long and we even get the 90s in September and 80s in October. They have plenty of nectar bearing stuff to eat anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 17, 2018 4:13 AM

Why do I never ever see them in the nyc area?

by Anonymousreply 17August 17, 2018 4:18 AM

R16, thanks for that info. I'd hate to hurt them.

by Anonymousreply 18August 17, 2018 4:28 AM

R16, the feeders I use only hold a cup of sugar water and every three days when I refill them, which is my schedule, I test the remaining fluid with a hydrometer and the fermentation doesn’t start, even in N.C. summer weather, before three-days old.

by Anonymousreply 19August 17, 2018 4:28 AM

That link R16, is boiler-plate information that isn’t all true. The most important thing is to boil the sugar and water solution, thus sterilizing it, in the microwave. Also don’t hang your feeder in the direct sunlight as that will speed up fermentation. You should NEVER use soap to clean a hummingbird feeder, only a bottle brush and hot water. Once a month you should soak the feeders in a weak solution of Clorox in water for ten minutes, rinse, and air dry, to deal with the black mold.

by Anonymousreply 20August 17, 2018 4:37 AM

They’ve been in a feeding frenzy for two weeks now, meaning it’s time to migrate. Every year I’m making nectar and barely having time before they drain the whole thing. Then one morning I put out a full feeder and at dusk the feeder is still full. They’re gone.

I do keep putting out nectar after the “regulars” leave, because I get stragglers and birds from further north stopping by. By the end of September, they’re really gone.

by Anonymousreply 21August 17, 2018 4:53 AM

Agree, OP, it's very cool.

by Anonymousreply 22August 17, 2018 4:59 AM

They love black & blue salvia guaranitica and salvia Amistad. For years I put salvia Amistad in my side garden and salvia black & blue in my front garden. They can spread out a bit.

But this year I put Amistad in my front garden and OMG - it’s GIGANTIC. It’s taken over half the garden, which wouldn’t be bad if I’d planted it all the way in the back, but I didn’t and it’s too tall.

I definitely recommend Amistad for hummingbird gardeners, but be careful where you put it. Make sure it has lots of room, just in case

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 17, 2018 5:03 AM

R21, I agree, they are getting ready to leave. The dominant males have disappeared from my feeders in the last week. The females lag behind in both directions, or so I’ve been told.

Vitex (Chaste Tree) and trumpet vine are great perennials for hummingbirds if you have the space. Salvia is a great annual.

by Anonymousreply 24August 17, 2018 5:07 AM

"Humm!"

("Yeah!")

"Ing!"

("Yeah!")

"Bird!"

("Yeah!")

"Yeah!"

("Yeah!")

"Humm-ing-bird, now . . ."

by Anonymousreply 25August 17, 2018 5:33 AM

Hummingbirds are specialized nectarivores and are tied to the ornithophilous flowers upon which they feed. Some species, especially those with unusual bill shapes such as the sword-billed hummingbird and the sicklebills, are co-evolved with a small number of flower species. The bee hummingbird (Mellisuga helenae) – the world's smallest bird – evolved to dwarfism likely because it had to compete with long-billed hummingbirds having an advantage for nectar foraging from specialized flowers, consequently leading the bee hummingbird to more successfully compete for flower foraging against insects.[18][19]

Many plants pollinated by hummingbirds produce flowers in shades of red, orange, and bright pink, though the birds will take nectar from flowers of other colors as well. Hummingbirds can see wavelengths into the near-ultraviolet, but hummingbird-pollinated flowers do not reflect these wavelengths as many insect-pollinated flowers do. This narrow color spectrum may render hummingbird-pollinated flowers relatively inconspicuous to most insects, thereby reducing nectar robbing.[20][21] Hummingbird-pollinated flowers also produce relatively weak nectar (averaging 25% sugars w/w) containing a high proportion of sucrose, whereas insect-pollinated flowers typically produce more concentrated nectars dominated by fructose and glucose.[22]

by Anonymousreply 26August 17, 2018 5:35 AM

We’re talkinf about the eastern hummingbirds, that live I places that don’t have flowers year-round. From your own website R26

[quote] It is feeding from plants, a behavior common to all hummingbirds (although some supplement this with insects),

by Anonymousreply 27August 17, 2018 5:41 AM

I was told not to use sugar (glucose) at all and just to use plant sugar (sucrose). Doing so will mean you have to clean a little more often but the glucose is bad for their hearts.

by Anonymousreply 28August 17, 2018 5:46 AM

It is confirmed that the they have the enzyme to convert sucrose to fructose, R28

by Anonymousreply 29August 17, 2018 5:49 AM

Glucose to fructose and sucrose, I mean

by Anonymousreply 30August 17, 2018 5:52 AM

I'm not Tony Woodard, but they most certainly do eat insects. You can put out banana peel for them near their feeder and they will come eat fruit flies.

by Anonymousreply 31August 17, 2018 6:00 AM

Years ago I found a hummingbird nest in my yard. I had a Golden Retriever, and the nest was lined with his gold outer hairs.

by Anonymousreply 32August 17, 2018 6:14 AM

What's the best kind of hummingbird feeder that you don't have to hang? I'd like to put one on my patio, but there's nothing to hang it from. (I do get hummingbirds anyway, but would like to see more and keep them around longer.)

by Anonymousreply 33August 17, 2018 2:49 PM

OP.. It's funny that you started this thread, as I just bought two hummingbird feeders recently. It's the first time I'm feeding them. I have one feeder in my backyard and another one in the front door overhang.. I get one bird at a time, not frequently, but if two try to feed.. it gets chased off by the dominant bird. I see on Youtube, feeders that have several birds feeding.. I wish I had that, but I'm happy to see one a few times a day. My feeders are easy. Both have ant moats (ants can't cross and drown in the water, keeping them off the feeder), and bee guards, to keep the bees from getting into the nectar. I make my own nectar. I use one part white granulated sugar (only that... no honey, molasses, or other sugars), to four parts water. I bring the mixture to a boil in a pot, then let it cool. I don't use red food dye, you don't need that. The nectar keeps for a week, refrigerated. I change the food and clean the feeders every three days... if very hot, then no more than two days. The little hummers are so fun to watch, and if I keep very still, they'll fly up in front of me in suspension.. like they're checking me out. Very cute!

by Anonymousreply 34August 17, 2018 2:59 PM

When do they come and go in SoCal?

by Anonymousreply 35August 17, 2018 3:08 PM

Hummingbirds love Lantana plants, too. I plant a couple in the yard to attract them.

by Anonymousreply 36August 17, 2018 3:08 PM

R35, on the west coast they stay all year long.

by Anonymousreply 37August 17, 2018 3:10 PM

R29 I live in the desert where it’s much harder on their bodies because of the heat and lack of food sources. I agree that they possess the enzyme needed to convert cane sugar to plant sugar, but the conversion means the body is being taxed in doing so, and that that conversion does not mean the two offer equal shares in output energy. If a hummingbird wanted to eat sugar then there’d be at least one variety that actually eats it. His point was about looking out for the long-term health versus entertaining oneself by their presence. Do with that what you will.

by Anonymousreply 38August 17, 2018 7:50 PM

R20 - The point is that cleaning twice a week in summer is inadequate. And, of course. your boil the water to sterilize and you don't hang feeders in direct sunlight. However, direct sunlight isn't necessary for bacterial growth or fermentation so one shouldn't think it's safe to leave them in shade for more than a couple of days. In my neck of the woods it can get to 100 in the shade easily.

by Anonymousreply 39August 18, 2018 12:42 AM

It’s best to get a feeder with perches. They like to sit & sip & it gives you a better look at them and more of a chance to take a good picture. My guys prefer this one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40August 18, 2018 12:53 AM

That one looks nice R40. This is the one I use. Very easy to clean..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 18, 2018 12:58 AM

One year I put a feeder on the front porch & a feeder on the back porch, stupidly thinking it would allow two different birds to have their own feeder. My neighbor’s property up against mine is edged with tall arborvitae. One little guy sat way atop one of the arborvitae where he could see both feeders and dashed back & forth, chasing any interlopers.

Today I saw a guy perched in my privet hedge where he had a view of all the purple salvia at the side of the house and the feeder on the front porch and he busily defended both.

This is salvia black & blue. It’s pretty, but the leaves are irresritable to every bug on the planet. Earwigs, slugs, sowbugs, leaf hoppers. Salvia Amistad, the purple salvia, doesn’t have the same problem with leaves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 18, 2018 1:02 AM

I have two that look like the one at R41. It's the feeder recommended by the Audobon Society. Unfortunately, the screw that holds the assembly together started to rust and turned the solution close to it orange. I had to get new hook and screw assemblies at the hardware store.

by Anonymousreply 43August 18, 2018 1:03 AM

irresritable

And it’s also irresistible.

by Anonymousreply 44August 18, 2018 1:03 AM

They love Mexican sage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 18, 2018 1:05 AM

Do not plant orange trumpet vine. It’s a thug. I planted one years ago, having no idea how awful it was. It behaved itself for about 6 years, then it spread everywhere. And I mean everywhere, even under my swimming pool. Under my shed. Into my garden beds. And my lawn. It’s impossible to get rid of.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 18, 2018 1:15 AM

The feeders sound pretty sketchy. I bet lots of people are causing these birds to die miserable deaths from bacterial infections, bleach poisoning, or bird diabetes (or whatever). Who knows what happens to some of them after they fly away from your feeder. Maybe we should just hang some plants or put out plain water for them to drink.

by Anonymousreply 47August 18, 2018 1:23 AM

Hummers love Lantana, too. I have this in my yard, with a feeder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 18, 2018 1:25 AM

[quote] The feeders sound pretty sketchy. I bet lots of people are causing these birds to die miserable deaths from bacterial infections, bleach poisoning, or bird diabetes (or whatever)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 18, 2018 1:27 AM

If you don't have a feeder, or have any hummers in your yard, you can watch this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 18, 2018 1:30 AM

Re R47..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 18, 2018 1:33 AM

I bought llantana for years because it supposedly attracts butterflies & hummingbirds, but I never saw a butterfly or hummingbird go near them.

Both hummingbirds & butterflies love butterfly bushes. And butterflies & bees lobe two late bloomers, autumn joy sedum and caryopteris. Every year I swear I’m going to get rid of the Dark Knight caryopteris a landscaper put in my small front garden , but I always keep it. It can be very sprawly and leggy.

I swear I’m going to get rid of it next year and get a newer variety.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52August 18, 2018 1:38 AM

I love butterfly bushes. I have no room for one. I live in a townhouse with limited garden space (I have too much already.. ha). Those bushes attract a lot of butterflies and hummers. Very pretty R52.

by Anonymousreply 53August 18, 2018 1:44 AM

Arent lantanas really stinky

by Anonymousreply 54August 18, 2018 1:57 AM

I never noticed a strong smell with Lantanas. If there is one, it's not offensive to me. Maybe it's me.. ha.. I googled it, and apparently there is a smell.

by Anonymousreply 55August 18, 2018 2:01 AM

In the Bay Area we have them year round, they never leave. I love feeding them.

by Anonymousreply 56August 18, 2018 2:34 AM

R47, that would be great but the flowers in Texas bloomed early, and due to extreme heat and drought, they stopped blooming adequately for over a month. Most of my plants and trees are Texas natives, which have evolved with our extreme climate, but even those drastically reduce flowering in such weather. It's hard on birds, especially when they're expending so much energy trying to raise their young. My feeder isn't used to excess when the flowers and trees are blooming, but if the blooms stop, they need to eat.

R33, Aspects makes a feeder that mounts to the window. I think that model is called "Jewel" or something. I love my Aspects feeders. You can get them at birding stores or on Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 57August 18, 2018 3:42 AM

Wow, R49 and R51, those are some really intelligent responses.

by Anonymousreply 58August 18, 2018 3:48 AM

Had a feeder for years; loved watching the hummingbirds chase each other (and bees!) as they drank out of the feeder.

THEN the squirrels found it. They dumped the sugar water everywhere, sat on the feeder for hours, etc. The spilled syrup brought ants and, in 3 months, rats. No more feeder for me.

by Anonymousreply 59August 18, 2018 3:49 AM

The deserts of Phoenix and California have tons of these guys. I love to watch them. I plant Salvia leucantha. They go ape shit over it.

by Anonymousreply 60August 18, 2018 4:05 AM

I found out on google, that there are no hummingbirds in Europe. They are in the Americas.. North and South America. That surprised me. A little factoid..

by Anonymousreply 61August 18, 2018 4:07 AM

They have dwarf butterfly bushes now. You can plant them in pots

by Anonymousreply 62August 18, 2018 4:10 AM

R61, see R15

by Anonymousreply 63August 18, 2018 4:12 AM

R15 beat me to it.. thanks. :) Very interesting..

by Anonymousreply 64August 18, 2018 4:16 AM

They buzz like giant bumblebees. I wish they didn’t fight so much though.

by Anonymousreply 65August 18, 2018 4:24 AM

When I saw my first hummingbird, I thought it was a very big bug. Then it was very still in suspension... realized what it was.

by Anonymousreply 66August 18, 2018 4:27 AM

They have a cute little.. chip, chipping sound.

by Anonymousreply 67August 18, 2018 4:28 AM

R33, do you have room for a shepherd's hook garden hanger that you could stick in the ground? I saw some online, but I can't link them here.

A neighbor's baby was afraid of hummingbirds at first. She saw those beaks and thought another vaccination was coming.

by Anonymousreply 68August 18, 2018 4:58 AM

R33, You could still get one of the hanging feeders, but you'd need a hanging support like this if you wanted to use it on your patio. I have shepherd's crook stakes that I can insert into the ground that I use.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 18, 2018 6:07 AM

[quote][R33], do you have room for a shepherd's hook garden hanger that you could stick in the ground? I saw some online, but I can't link them here.

I don't have any ground; it's a cement balcony/patio. The plants are in planter boxes, but they're too short to put a stake in.

by Anonymousreply 70August 18, 2018 7:14 PM

R70-

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71August 18, 2018 7:37 PM

Tony, do you live in New Mexico or Arizona? There are supposed to be great hummingbird sightings there.

by Anonymousreply 72August 18, 2018 7:51 PM

R70... How about this? You hang/attach hook on the balcony railings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73August 18, 2018 8:10 PM

You could get a large planter (not huge), plant flowers that'll attract hummers... then get a small shepherds hook to stick into the planter. Hang the feeder on that. That's what I did.

by Anonymousreply 74August 18, 2018 8:13 PM

Something like this..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75August 18, 2018 8:20 PM

Yep, R59, a friend had to get rid of his hummingbird feeders for those exact reasons.

One of the things I love about my backyard is that I have several citrus trees and two bottlebrush trees -- so, I've got hummingbirds and bees galore! There's an orange tree right outside my office window, and I'm often distracted (while sitting at my desk), watching the hummingbirds zip around from blossom to blossom.

by Anonymousreply 76August 19, 2018 6:23 PM

I have 4 monarchs in my yard - the most I’ve seen for years.

I have common milkweed in my backyard, but I don’t think the monarchs came from there because ants eat the eggs & techinid flies inject caterpillars with eggs and kill them. I found this all out last year after I went and bought the milkweeds.

My swamp milkweeds are covered with aphids.

by Anonymousreply 77August 19, 2018 7:09 PM

My hummingbirds are gone. They were still loudly duking it out over the feeder yesterday. This morning I went out and hung a new bottle of nectar and....crickets.

Literally. I only hear crickets. And no hummingbird sighting today at nearly 5pm.

I will miss the buggers

by Anonymousreply 78August 23, 2018 8:48 PM

It’s annoyi g to be awakened by birdsong in the spring and summer until you don’t hear it anymore. Then it’s sad. All my robins and blackbirds are gone. Pretty soon the juncos & white throated sparrows will be back. Then the chickadees & tufted titmice & lil woodpeckers will be back, too.

by Anonymousreply 79August 23, 2018 8:51 PM

The hummers on some days, are far and few between... then another day, more show up. They dive bomb each other. It's random. Some may be starting to migrate. Where I live, they are pretty much gone by mid to late September.

by Anonymousreply 80August 23, 2018 10:24 PM

I have a new one. I know he’s new because he has a different approach to the feeder and he perches in a different place than the two other guys had.

by Anonymousreply 81August 25, 2018 3:48 AM

I hung one of those flying saucer feeders but none of the hummers could figure it out.

by Anonymousreply 82August 25, 2018 3:49 AM

I only have about a week left with mine but I keep my feeder out with fresh nectar until October -just in case a few stragglers stop by.

by Anonymousreply 83August 25, 2018 4:20 AM

R82 it could be several things.... one, they might just not be familiar with the type you have. They sell some rubber inserts that go into the feeding holes that help train them how to use it. Second, the feeding holes and footholds could make feeding awkward. If the feeding holes are too narrow the birds won’t be able to open their mouths to get their tongue into the reservoir. Also, hummingbirds need a 45 degree angle to the hole they’re feeding from and many feeders just have 90 degree holes. There’s some videos out there to help in altering your feeder on your own, but it might be wise to try a new feeder with the information in mind.

by Anonymousreply 84August 25, 2018 7:31 AM

When I first moved to NYC from rural Ireland, I was homesick for green fields and nature. I managed to get an apartment in Park Slope, planted up a window box, and some months later was was rewarded with what I thought were strange looking bees feeding on my flowers. Looking closer, I recognised them for what they were; hummingbirds. Happy days-NYT, good coffee, sesame bagel and cream cheese, and hummingbirds!

by Anonymousreply 85August 25, 2018 7:42 AM

It will soon be the end of the hummingbird season on the east coast. This is my fifth year putting out feeders and I really had a lot of birds this year. I was putting out four cups of nectar every other day.

The males have left. I haven’t seen any in almost two weeks. I have heard they migrate earlier to establish winter territories in Central America. The aggression has really died down and their fights are more like dancing than chases now.

They’ll soon be gone and I hate to see them leave. The first sign of the coming fall.

by Anonymousreply 86September 17, 2019 10:57 PM

I wish I had their metabolism. I could eat anything and never gain an ounce!

by Anonymousreply 87September 18, 2019 2:26 AM

They're really delicious, but it takes so many of them to make a big meal for a pack of hungry diners.

by Anonymousreply 88September 18, 2019 2:29 AM

My hummingbirds showed back up yesterday, eleven days later than last year. Is had my feeders up for several weeks and was getting worried.

Seeing one yesterday made me happier than I’ve been since the stay at home order was put into place!

by Anonymousreply 89April 3, 2020 12:50 PM

Our hummingbirds haven't arrived yet, but they generally don't show up until at least May. We have a large blossoming quince bush, and an equally large pink jasmine, which the hummingbirds love. They're curious little creatures. Last summer, I had taken the screens off the kitchen windows in order to clean them, and while the windows were open, a hummingbird flew in one window, stared at me for a moment, then flew out the other window.

by Anonymousreply 90April 3, 2020 1:44 PM

I have a couple window feeders so I can see them up close. They are fearless. When I sit on my patio , I can hear them whirring around me. If I put a little bit of sugar water in a saucer and put it on the table, they'll feed right next to me. Beautiful birds.

by Anonymousreply 91April 3, 2020 1:50 PM

Hummingbirds flit and prance, they are the homosexuals of the bird world

Give me a honey eater or a sunbird any day. They are the same thing without the homosexual overtones.

by Anonymousreply 92April 3, 2020 2:08 PM

I have 2 old perky pet feeders with square ant guards. They’re very hard to clean because the bottle narrows too much. So I bought new perky pet feeders with a wider bottle. They have round ant guards. They are horrible. The nectar drips out of the new feeders all day long, drawing ants.

This is what the bad, drippy feeder looks like. Don’t buy it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93April 3, 2020 2:28 PM

This is the square ant guard feeder. You have to get a special brush to clean it properly, but it doesn’t drip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94April 3, 2020 2:30 PM

R93 Thanks. I have the same problem with drippy feeders attracting ants and wasps. I'll look for the one in R94.

by Anonymousreply 95April 3, 2020 2:34 PM

Go to perky pet.com and write a bad review for the new feeders. Maybe they’ll go back to the old ones

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96April 3, 2020 2:48 PM

Very buzzy creatures

by Anonymousreply 97March 6, 2021 11:54 AM

I hate the wasp problem, they chase hummies away. Tried a soda bottle wasp trap which killed a lot but more kept coming. I’d like a wasp-proof feeder, please.

by Anonymousreply 98March 6, 2021 12:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!