Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Any Wild Work Party Stories?

"I worked as a maintenance facilities man for a large school and foster home for troubled children. I showed up at the work Christmas party that was hosted by the programs nurse. Social anxiety troubled me a lot back then, so before I even knocked on the door I'd drank eight nips of vodka.

"Within twenty minutes of being there I fell down a full flight of stairs and crashed through their screen door. This happened in front of about twenty coworkers including the program's administration and my immediate supervisors.

"After apologizing and slurring profusely I told everybody that my ride was out front to pick me up. I hid in the bushes down the street until my significant other picked me up two hours later."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 19, 2018 3:13 PM

You must all be boring.

by Anonymousreply 1August 17, 2018 1:48 AM

Well, at our Christmas party, three girls got a little drunk and sang a song about Turkey Lurkey. It was wild!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 17, 2018 1:52 AM

I thought it would be funny to dress up like my boss's wife for our annual work party. It was only funny to me, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 3August 17, 2018 1:54 AM

R3 oh no.

by Anonymousreply 4August 17, 2018 1:55 AM

The first and only time I got drunk at an office party was at my first Holiday party in 1983. I took a ride home with a coworker who asked me if I was gay. I answered honestly. By Monday morning the entire company knew I was gay. It was a Jewish owned computer company and no one seemed to care.

by Anonymousreply 5August 17, 2018 2:04 AM

christmas party at one of the secretary’s apartment. everybody was at least moderately drunk, some were obliterated early on. a straight guy was pretty physically coming on to one of my female coworkers so i junked him, then apologized and asked if he’d like me to kiss and make it better.

several of us decided to head downtown, and i planned to leave early to crash at my fraternity house. said straight guy tagged along and rode in my car but declined to get out when i dropped two others off at a bar. he came back to the house with me. closet bi, and surprisingly big for his build.

don’t know if that counts as wild, but it was fun.

by Anonymousreply 6August 17, 2018 2:12 AM

I was a cashier at a Japanese restaurant. One Christmas eve, my good friend handled the coat check, and we both ended up chugging several bottles of champagne that night. My boss finally had to dismiss me for the evening, since I was too drunk to make correct change. I don't remember driving home (yes, I'm ashamed) and laid on the bathroom floor with the dry heaves the entire next day.

One of the busboys was also drunk, and was doing backflips in the middle of the dining room. He had the most amazing body.

by Anonymousreply 7August 17, 2018 2:13 AM

I'd rather not say...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 17, 2018 2:29 AM

I worked for a big law firm that had like over a thousand employees in the office. They had an open bar at the Xmas party that was held in a ballroom at the hotel that was in the same building. One married male partner got shitfaced and cornered one of the mousier secretaries and told her he wanted to eat her out right then and there.

He got sanctioned by the bar, they moved her to an area of the office far from him and that was the last of the open bar parties. They also made the entire office attend sexual harassment seminars, staff and attorneys.

Last year at a different firm the attorneys went to this annual attorney retreat at some resort a couple of states away, it's a marketing vehicle but the attorneys and their spouses get spoiled for a weekend with golf and tennis and dinners. This firm has like 65 offices in the US. The attorney who opened our office was this sociopathic asshole who could bring in new business better than any attorney I've ever been around ever could. He made millions off his gig. He could be charming when he wanted to be and become an instant asshole when he didn't get his way.

About a week or so after the retreat the entire office got pulled into a meeting to be told that the asshole partner "is no longer with the firm, and we wish him well." Law firms don't dump attorneys who bring in the type of money he did and they usually find ways to excuse asshole behavior so we knew he'd done something really wrong. It took about a month for the news to come out that while he was at the retreat he got shitfaced and was harassing a female partner from another office. He followed her to a Rite Aid or CVS or whatever and cornered her and tried to make out with her and got Bill Cosby rapey on her. She reported him to her bosses and he denied it. So they got the security footage from the CVS and it backed up her story and he was gone about 48 hours after that tape surfaced.

by Anonymousreply 9August 17, 2018 2:32 AM

Here's my story (cringe):

Our office winter holiday party was held at the swankiest restaurant in the city; it is a Michelin award-winning establishment. It is one where the clientele dress in Black-tie.

Anyways, my partner proceeded to get shit-faced drunk. I thought I had thought of a way of disappearing into the evening without anybody's witnessing our departure; our departure was unobserved, until we'd asked for our driver, that is.

Upon our talking with the owner of said swanky establishment to discreetly request our car, the owner had discreetly offered his service to personally transport us to our hotel. As we were about the depart, my boss was returning from the Men's Room and had inquired about our early departure. I'd lied and explained my partner was not well. Well, being the Type-A Control Freak my then boss was, he'd insisted HE be the one to return us to our hotel. Shit.

Long story, short: You can clean 'em up, but you can't take 'em out.

by Anonymousreply 10August 17, 2018 2:32 AM

[quote] had like over a thousand / has like 65 offices

R9 - Like, really?

by Anonymousreply 11August 17, 2018 2:51 AM

I don’t drink at work events. Work with a bunch of sociopathic sharks who are looking for an angle. I wouldn’t enjoy it anyway. Usually go to a gay bar after to destress.

by Anonymousreply 12August 17, 2018 3:28 AM

Thanks for sharing.

by Anonymousreply 13August 17, 2018 4:20 AM
by Anonymousreply 14August 17, 2018 9:50 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 15August 18, 2018 12:52 PM

I'm trying to figure out where this "Michelin award winning" restaurant is R10, where "the clientele dress in Black-tie."

I ask because I have been to what are arguably the fanciest restaurants in NYC, LA, SF and DC, and have yet to encounter anyone in a tuxedo or white dinner jacket. Plenty of grey and blue suits, but never black tie.

by Anonymousreply 16August 18, 2018 1:02 PM

Beefsteak Charlies, r16.

by Anonymousreply 17August 19, 2018 3:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!