Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why do woman wear bikinis for volleyball but men have to wear board shorts?

Funny vid shows the double standard America has towards men's bodies. Volleyball competitions are considered totally family friendly, yet if men dressed just as provocative, it would be called disgusting and unfit for the general public to see. Men have sex organs, get over it. Flame away Fraus.

#Double Standard

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191August 23, 2018 12:30 PM

Also gymnasts.

by Anonymousreply 1August 14, 2018 9:07 PM

And surfers.

Male surfers claim anything other than board shorts is too constricting and impedes movement. So why do all female surfers wear skin tight bikinis?

by Anonymousreply 2August 14, 2018 9:12 PM

They could wear speedos if they wanted to like male swimmers do. But I think it has more to do with the fact that most male volleyball players and surfers are bros and think speedos are "gay"

by Anonymousreply 3August 14, 2018 9:14 PM

I thought surfers wore wetsuits.

by Anonymousreply 4August 14, 2018 9:15 PM

Most of the audience for women's volleyball is probably straight males, hence the bikinis.

by Anonymousreply 5August 14, 2018 9:16 PM

And showering naked together! Why don't the men all shower naked together! No more towel dancing from the young'uns!!

Get off my lawn!!!

by Anonymousreply 6August 14, 2018 9:17 PM

Should go ton nude beach. There men volleyballers don't wear anything.

by Anonymousreply 7August 14, 2018 9:19 PM

OP is a blocked weirdo. Have a look at the rest of the shit they've posted.

by Anonymousreply 8August 14, 2018 9:20 PM

[quote]Male surfers claim anything other than board shorts is too constricting

True, yet board shorts make no sense at all. They are very constricting, its like wearing pants in the water. They need to be called out on that more. If they were honest about it, they could wear compression shorts instead of speedos.

by Anonymousreply 9August 14, 2018 9:23 PM

[quote]I thought surfers wore wetsuits.

Only in really cold water.

by Anonymousreply 10August 14, 2018 9:24 PM

We have standards. And those standards require hot women in skimpy costumes whenever practical, but modest attire for the male athletes. Plus no shots below the waist for men. Also if you drop the bikinis on girls, well, beach volleyball may just not remain an Olympic sport.

by Anonymousreply 11August 14, 2018 9:24 PM

The bearded one in blue has a fabulous ass!

by Anonymousreply 12August 14, 2018 9:26 PM

If the OP is blocked Boris at R8, then why are you reading this post!

by Anonymousreply 13August 14, 2018 9:26 PM

"Stop the male body shaming"

Yeah, that'll happen. To be fair, I've always thought showing bulge OR camel toe was tacky.

by Anonymousreply 14August 14, 2018 9:34 PM

OP, I think you'll find that the reason female volley ball players wear those skimpy outfits is because the old male trolls in charge of the sport have decided that's how it has to be.

by Anonymousreply 15August 14, 2018 9:35 PM

It's the sexualization of female bodies more than any shame about the male ones. Most (straight) people are so used to it, they don't even notice the difference. Same as with shorts. A guy wearing tiny shorts is scandalous, a girl seems normal unless she is old or very overweight.

by Anonymousreply 16August 14, 2018 9:37 PM

I hear all the excuses saying that's just the way the world works, but outside of America that's just not true. In France for example you cant go in a public pool with board shorts. In many Europe countries Speedos are not sexualized, they are a standard bathing suite men wear. Ergo, you dont have to be a male model to wear one.

by Anonymousreply 17August 14, 2018 9:41 PM

American Puritanism at its finest.

Of course you will get the “only fat old Europeans wear speedos” crowd who can’t admit they’re ashamed of their cock, balls, and ass because society has told them to be.

Bring on those baggy board shorts!

by Anonymousreply 18August 14, 2018 9:44 PM

"In France for example you cant go in a public pool with board shorts"

Why not?

by Anonymousreply 19August 14, 2018 9:45 PM

Because R19, most guys who wear board shorts go comando, speedos hold everything in. In other words its considered more sanitary.

by Anonymousreply 20August 14, 2018 10:14 PM

Any other theories?

by Anonymousreply 21August 14, 2018 10:18 PM

It's not like there isn't anything in between board shorts and speedos...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 14, 2018 10:27 PM

OP really is a pervy little troll

by Anonymousreply 23August 14, 2018 10:51 PM

Thanks for the thoughtful input, R6.

Some guys - women, too - wear t-shirts in the pool. And shorts. It shouldn't be allowed.

by Anonymousreply 24August 14, 2018 10:56 PM

R23 =Uptight Frau

I block these uptight Fraus because they cant stand pics of men showing their bulges on a gay website. Why are they even on here?

by Anonymousreply 25August 15, 2018 5:03 AM

[quote]"In France for example you cant go in a public pool with board shorts" Why not? Any other theories?

No Dear, they are not theories, try traveling to another first world country some time. Surprisingly, they don't all live with norms from the Victorian era.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 15, 2018 5:10 AM

I find it halarious that the Fraus on this thread, cant imagine a world where Speedos are the norm. Just to be clear, they don't have to be that brand but they cant be board shorts, or even what was posted by r22. They have to be tight fitting. See typical pool signage:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 15, 2018 5:15 AM

I don't know if Op is joking or just a complete moron.

OP- no one would watch women's sports if they weren't dressed provocatively. it's how you get the casual viewer to watch.

by Anonymousreply 28August 15, 2018 5:20 AM

Because their junks could be seen flopping around in the speedos when they jump

by Anonymousreply 29August 15, 2018 5:25 AM

Dont shoot the messenger R28, I didn't make the video.

by Anonymousreply 30August 15, 2018 5:25 AM

[quote]Because their junks could be seen flopping around in the speedos when they jump

Is this a gay board with Men Presenting Hole? Only a Frau would even say that on here.

by Anonymousreply 31August 15, 2018 5:26 AM

[quote]OP- no one would watch women's sports if they weren't dressed provocatively.

That is not the point of the video you provincial loon. The creators wanted to point out the double standard that exists with men dressing provocative as woman. No one is debating why straight men like to see woman sexualized. You know, with their flopping boobs all over the place. In fact the video makers even picked up on that and did a ball bump in the shot if you watch the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 32August 15, 2018 5:31 AM

[quote]Some guys - women, too - wear t-shirts in the pool. And shorts. It shouldn't be allowed.

Trust me, you don't want to see most of us in more revealing attire.

by Anonymousreply 33August 15, 2018 5:33 AM

[quote]no one would watch women's sports if they weren't dressed provocatively.

So straight woman don't watch woman's sports? If you believe that, then the logical projection is that woman are only good at sports as sexual objects. Why don't you just come out and say that then. I am sure a lot of straight men will agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 34August 15, 2018 5:35 AM

Most if not all guys on sports teams are not fat R33. No reason they need to be shamed into hiding their bulge when woman are expected to show off their bodies in the same sport.

by Anonymousreply 35August 15, 2018 5:37 AM

Men are not sexualized outside the gay community unlike women

by Anonymousreply 36August 15, 2018 5:40 AM

R31 Boobs are pretty whereas a guy’s junks are not. General consensus outside of DL

by Anonymousreply 37August 15, 2018 5:44 AM

The statement was about the pool, as it says in the quote I posted, not about athletes.

by Anonymousreply 38August 15, 2018 5:44 AM

[quote]Some guys - women, too - wear t-shirts in the pool. And shorts. It shouldn't be allowed.

Why not?

by Anonymousreply 39August 15, 2018 5:46 AM

You should see some of the female Muslim lifesavers and beach goers

by Anonymousreply 40August 15, 2018 5:55 AM

R19, I too went to a public swimming pool in Paris that did not allow board shorts. They explained why on the sign, saying that long shorts would release excessive detergent and possibly loose threads into the water.

by Anonymousreply 41August 15, 2018 5:59 AM

Exactly, R41.

Wear a spandex/ nylon coverup suit if you must, fat chick. If’s not the fat I object to, it’s the yardage.

by Anonymousreply 42August 15, 2018 6:14 AM

Guys Junk R37? You really need to seek counseling if you think the natural male anatomy should be compared to garbage.

Roman art through the ages would disagree with you.

by Anonymousreply 43August 15, 2018 6:15 AM

R43 True. Gender equality should include enjoying the beauty of both. Not covering one and revealing the other.

by Anonymousreply 44August 15, 2018 6:36 AM

Most guys want to wear board shorts. They aren't being forced. The female volley ball players probably wouldn't mind covering up more. They have to wear the bikinis to get sponsors. Women's bathing suits that cover more tend to look matronly, because women are expected to wear revealing suits. There was a trend ten years ago of board shorts with bikini tops for women. A lot of women wore it. Including young women with good bodies. A lot of people would rather not show their crotch in public.

by Anonymousreply 45August 15, 2018 6:52 AM

[quote]They have to wear the bikinis to get sponsors

So basically, they are whores using sex for money. Uh, excuse me, cough, cough, sponsors.

What does that say about the actual value of their sports ability? Essentially, worthless.

by Anonymousreply 46August 15, 2018 7:33 AM

[quote]A lot of people would rather not show their crotch in public.

Speak for yourself. A lot of guys don't mind showing off what they have. Seems like more woman have a problem with that then men do. Straight guys and even some gay men have been stigmatized into beliving in that skewed heteronrmative behavior.

by Anonymousreply 47August 15, 2018 7:36 AM

Speedos are so gay

by Anonymousreply 48August 15, 2018 7:45 AM

FF R48. Whats wrong with being gay? You do know you are on a gay chat board right? I knew there was a big homophobe on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 49August 15, 2018 7:51 AM

It's what sells the advertising, idiot OP.

by Anonymousreply 50August 15, 2018 7:56 AM

R49 Maybe I don’t want to appear gay in public.

by Anonymousreply 51August 15, 2018 8:21 AM

That's called internalized homophobia and you need to sort that out, R51.

by Anonymousreply 52August 15, 2018 5:07 PM

R52 Oh really ? Then why not everyone’s out of the closet yet ?

by Anonymousreply 53August 15, 2018 10:07 PM

Quality board shorts are constructed so that there aren't any "loose threads", and detergent cannot cling to the nylon/poly fabric. They are allowed for wear in all L.A. County public pools. Don't like it? Go ogle somewhere else and stop trying to force everyone to look the same.

by Anonymousreply 54August 16, 2018 2:45 AM

The gym/pool in Paris I mentioned also had an African woman sitting at a desk in the middle of the locker room who took tips in exchange for towels. There was a phone on her desk. This was a coed locker room with changing carrels. The whole experience was surreal to me. A prohibition against long shorts and cutoffs for the reasons they provided seemed pretty basic, considering everything else.

by Anonymousreply 55August 16, 2018 9:50 PM

"[R52] Oh really ? Then why not everyone’s out of the closet yet ?"

They need to sort that out, ESL boy.

by Anonymousreply 56August 16, 2018 9:58 PM

And fat chick, nothing says "all the same" like fucking board shorts. Fascist.

by Anonymousreply 57August 16, 2018 10:00 PM

I like to see a nice bulge on Speedos, but I'm a Brit living in the US so there's that. Oh and calm down and eat something R57.

~ different fat chick

by Anonymousreply 58August 16, 2018 10:12 PM

Because men have external genitalia, women do not. Clothing that reveals genitalia is indecent and not appropriate for public wear.

by Anonymousreply 59August 16, 2018 10:55 PM

Men who wear skimpy shorts or swimwear are considered perverted, effeminate, or weird, and the overwhelming majority of men don’t want to be viewed as such.

by Anonymousreply 60August 16, 2018 10:58 PM

Additionally, except for a subset of gay men, no one else wants to see men’s lower bodies. Society physically and aesthetically values men’s upper bodies, for the ripped abs, barrel pecs, baseball biceps, and v shapes. Thus, the overwhelming majority of men with hot physiques want to show off their upper bods, whether in tank tops, muscle slut shirts, or by going topless. Only a subset of gay men want to see men showing off their lower bodies in public. Hence, it’s not widespread or socially accepted.

by Anonymousreply 61August 16, 2018 11:04 PM

Fuck this. Can we just have pictures of men in speedos and swim thongs please?

by Anonymousreply 62August 16, 2018 11:07 PM

Why Is the Speedo Disappearing From European Beaches?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63August 16, 2018 11:07 PM

[quote]And fat chick, nothing says "all the same" like fucking board shorts. Fascist.

I'm not the one policing what everyone else chooses to attire themselves in. By all means, wear your Speedos, but everyone else can wear whatever the fuck they want.

by Anonymousreply 64August 17, 2018 4:20 AM

Exactly

by Anonymousreply 65August 17, 2018 2:02 PM

r34, the majority of people watching sports are men. Women don't watch sports unless they played the sport themselves or are with a man. This is really true.

They may watch a final and fit into the casual view whose city has a team in the match or game.

This is the way it is.

by Anonymousreply 66August 17, 2018 2:37 PM

r32, I hadn't watched the video just answered the question. Now I have watched the video and if men dressed as provocatively as women then no one would pay attention to the athletics. I was busy looking at them and not the sport they were trying to do. Men's sports are taken seriously and women's sports - refer to my post on r28.

This is from someone who plays and watches sports (one particular one) regularly. The rest I don't give a shit about unless my town team is in the playoffs. Women don't give 2 fucks about most sports and straight men don't give a fuck about women playing sports unless they are nearly naked.

What OP is suggesting is - GAY men would watch more sports if the men were dressed more revealing then they are now. That is likely true but those who are in the organization of these sports and who have the responsibility to design uniforms don't view you as their target audience.

by Anonymousreply 67August 17, 2018 2:44 PM

As a straight woman, literally the only reason I watch men's soccer is for the hot asses and legs in the shorts. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Ditto for men's swimming in the Olympics, love those tiny Speedos.

by Anonymousreply 68August 17, 2018 3:15 PM

Well lots of people love football for the hot big dudes in tight pants

by Anonymousreply 69August 17, 2018 4:11 PM

Straight men run the game and for some reason the stupid women go along with it.

by Anonymousreply 70August 17, 2018 4:14 PM

It's to satisfy the straight male's sexualization of women's bodies. It's always about that. That's all they're good for, in their minds.

by Anonymousreply 71August 17, 2018 4:19 PM

I thought these days that even speedos for swimming have been made far more modest. It's only the divers who actually wear the traditional Speedo swimsuit?

by Anonymousreply 72August 17, 2018 4:32 PM

Ooh good point R72, I meant diving. See, I don't even know what they're doing. Just love those tiny wee trunks. :P

-R68

by Anonymousreply 73August 17, 2018 4:56 PM

And even a lot of divers try to head off speedo ridicule by making fun of the attire themselves

by Anonymousreply 74August 17, 2018 5:24 PM

Unfortunately, at the Olympics it seems an awful lot of the divers are Chinese, who do absolutely nothing for me when all Speedo'ed up.

by Anonymousreply 75August 17, 2018 8:04 PM

In America, essentially only a certain distinct minority of men wear speedos, and they aren’t considered the “cool kids” that other men want to emulate. If football players and macho stars wore them, their image would change. But as long as only fem, flamboyant, or European men wear them, they won’t be accepted here.

by Anonymousreply 76August 17, 2018 8:15 PM

[quote]Women don't watch sports unless they played the sport themselves or are with a man. This is really true.

Nope, it really isn't.

by Anonymousreply 77August 18, 2018 1:39 AM

Exactly. These old heads posting here are stuck in 1971 in their views about women

by Anonymousreply 78August 18, 2018 2:15 AM

[quote]Because men have external genitalia, women do not. Clothing that reveals genitalia is indecent and not appropriate for public wear.

The they are called breasts you stupid Frau. Mammary glands to aid in reproduction. You know, have that trashy romp with some random guy in a bar 9 months later used to feed your crotch fruit. Did it ever occurred to you not everyone wants to see that either? There is a reason its illegal for woman to go topless in public.

by Anonymousreply 79August 18, 2018 4:32 AM

I know lots of woman that watch sports these days, as well as a surprising amount of gay men. What decade are you stuck in? You know they had gay sprots bars as far back as the 70's right? Not all gay men are flamboyant hairdressers.

by Anonymousreply 80August 18, 2018 4:39 AM

[quote]except for a subset of gay men, no one else wants to see men’s lower bodies

Sure Frau, take a trip to Europe some time. The male body from top to bottom is worshiped for its beauty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81August 18, 2018 4:47 AM

I think anyone whit half a brain would understand the male body is beautiful from top to bottom without having to be gay. The entire Greek and Roman society did until the church came along.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82August 18, 2018 4:49 AM

Apparently this Italian soccer team didn't get the message from the old Fraus on this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83August 18, 2018 4:54 AM

WTF is wrong with a good-looking guy in board shorts?

Silly queens.

by Anonymousreply 84August 18, 2018 4:55 AM

WTF is wrong with a good-looking guy in a Speedo?

Silly Frau. There fixed it for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85August 18, 2018 5:00 AM

[quote]Same With Boxers Vs. Briefs. Boxers Are WAY Hotter.

Said NO ONE EVER.

by Anonymousreply 86August 18, 2018 5:01 AM

R85 and R86 are size-meat queens.

by Anonymousreply 87August 18, 2018 5:02 AM

You will never convince anyone with an appreciation for beauty that board shorts would look better on this guy than what he is wearing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88August 18, 2018 5:05 AM

reply 87 = Cant handle the the fact that men have a penis.

Get some therapy.

Better yet, maybe you need a trip to the Asian temple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89August 18, 2018 5:08 AM

Yes, but R88, what about the paper bag to go over his head?

by Anonymousreply 90August 18, 2018 5:10 AM

The old Fraus on this thread are saying gross, with their words but securely spreading their lips when this comes marching down their street.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91August 18, 2018 5:11 AM

R88, you need to stop obsessing over this dude. This is America. Go to France.

by Anonymousreply 92August 18, 2018 5:11 AM

Always a fun ride!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93August 18, 2018 5:15 AM

That’s so wrong

by Anonymousreply 94August 18, 2018 5:16 AM

Not just Europe, check out the lifeguards in Australia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 18, 2018 5:18 AM

More lifeguards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96August 18, 2018 5:20 AM

Just wear these

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97August 18, 2018 5:21 AM

Princess Approved!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98August 18, 2018 5:21 AM

R97 looks hotter

by Anonymousreply 99August 18, 2018 5:24 AM

Just were these R97

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100August 18, 2018 5:25 AM

This is not, not some flowery board shots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101August 18, 2018 5:27 AM

Imaging thinking that a pair of shorts with a 4.5" inseam is equivalent to a burqua

by Anonymousreply 102August 18, 2018 5:28 AM

Is it hot in here?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103August 18, 2018 5:30 AM

I'm pretty sure I said that way the hell back at R84, R99. But thank you for the validation.

by Anonymousreply 104August 18, 2018 5:30 AM

Burqua for Women = Board shorts for men

by Anonymousreply 105August 18, 2018 5:31 AM

You are a loon R105

by Anonymousreply 106August 18, 2018 5:31 AM

Now THIS is true beauty. If you cant see that or have to cover part of it up you need to seek counseling for your sexual phobia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107August 18, 2018 5:33 AM

Those aren’t even close to board shorts at r97. And boxers are awful. Hot men look better in trunks and the hottest can pull off briefs. Out of shape types should stick to boxers. I don’t like speedos.

by Anonymousreply 108August 18, 2018 5:34 AM

Boxer briefs are best underwear style for fit dudes

by Anonymousreply 109August 18, 2018 5:35 AM

American Patriot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110August 18, 2018 5:36 AM

So true, R98. All sorts of "princesses" approve of Speedos.

by Anonymousreply 111August 18, 2018 5:36 AM

Masculine and hot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112August 18, 2018 5:37 AM

Boxer briefs are too long. Trunks emphasize nice thighs. And again, the hottest can get away with briefs.

What are you talking about, r111?

by Anonymousreply 113August 18, 2018 5:39 AM

American male

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114August 18, 2018 5:40 AM

i would be fine with the male volleyball players wearing jock straps. It would make watching them more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 115August 18, 2018 5:43 AM

LOL that Dude Bro in r114 is exactly what I picture a Frau has wet dreams off. Truth be told, he needs beer googles to fuck you. He's starting early before the "ladies" and I use that term loosely show up.

by Anonymousreply 116August 18, 2018 5:43 AM

Bro

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117August 18, 2018 5:44 AM

R116, that’s Sam Cushing and he is a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 118August 18, 2018 5:45 AM

Gezeass, do any of the uptight Fraus or Lesbos on this thread realize that when the Olympics started way back in Rome, all sprots were done completely naked? And no, women were not allowed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119August 18, 2018 5:45 AM

Hot bros

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120August 18, 2018 5:46 AM

R114

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121August 18, 2018 5:47 AM

Barbara let go of her pearls and said YES! Speedos Please!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122August 18, 2018 5:48 AM

Sam is hot

by Anonymousreply 123August 18, 2018 5:49 AM

Don’t be weird r122

by Anonymousreply 124August 18, 2018 5:49 AM

And this is James Bond and he is quite straight and showing the bulge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125August 18, 2018 5:50 AM

A perfectly good compromise exists in the form of short trunks, but some will never stop demanding the Speedo’s exaltation.

by Anonymousreply 126August 18, 2018 5:52 AM

Ricky Martin says yes to the Speedo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127August 18, 2018 5:53 AM

It’s just not American. Move on

by Anonymousreply 128August 18, 2018 5:54 AM

R121

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129August 18, 2018 5:58 AM

Neither are board shorts. Americans, REAL Americans are Native American not English letterers with provincial way.

by Anonymousreply 130August 18, 2018 5:59 AM

Slovak

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131August 18, 2018 6:00 AM

God Bless the USA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132August 18, 2018 6:01 AM

Fine, I will were these board shorts to your next pool party you sexless Frau.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133August 18, 2018 6:03 AM

The American dude look

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134August 18, 2018 6:03 AM

Thanks, Rs 122 and 127. I rest my case re: "princesses" and Speedos.

by Anonymousreply 135August 18, 2018 6:07 AM

Boring R134.

by Anonymousreply 136August 18, 2018 6:09 AM

Id rather see this on the runway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137August 18, 2018 6:13 AM

Leave the US. We don’t do that here

by Anonymousreply 138August 18, 2018 6:15 AM

Yes we do, R138, just not in flyoverstan.

by Anonymousreply 139August 18, 2018 6:18 AM

So wealthy, educated NYers Marcos and Tucker @ r121 and r129 live in "Flyoverstan"?

by Anonymousreply 140August 18, 2018 6:25 AM

R94 - Not all societies are uptight puritans.

by Anonymousreply 141August 18, 2018 6:33 AM

The bikinis are mandatory OP. Female VB players have been complaining about this for decades.

by Anonymousreply 142August 18, 2018 6:48 AM

No they are not r142. Its their personal choice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143August 18, 2018 6:52 AM

Gezeass, does r119 realize that the Olympics never took place in Rome but in Olympia, and only Greeks took part in them.

by Anonymousreply 144August 18, 2018 6:58 AM

Women want the female athletes to be allowed to dress properly for playing their sport instead of as sex objects. (I believe that the volleyball, ice skaters, and gymnasts were literally told they couldn't wear things that would cover them more because they weren't the "official uniform", aka not enough tits and ass.) Women are fine with what the male athletes currently wear and think that is much closer to what the women should be wearing.

So, basically, I think the men and women should be wearing the same uniforms in their sports and those uniforms would not be sexualized but be utilitarian for both groups.

[quote] Mammary glands to aid in reproduction.

I don't even know what to say to this. Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 145August 18, 2018 7:00 AM

They should all be nude. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 146August 18, 2018 7:09 AM

r77, I am on a sports team and most of my friends are and we are women that watch sports, but we are not the norm. Women don't watch sports unless they play that sport or husband or boyfriend is into sports. About 10% of women car about sports. THIS IS TRUE. 10% of gay men car about sports. THIS IS TRUE.

by Anonymousreply 147August 18, 2018 7:13 AM

At least 30% of any sports audience is female. That's not a tiny percentage. Those of you saying women don't watch sports are living in the past. Personally, I love that football season is here because the Cubs are stressing me out and, while the Bears are rebuilding, I can rest a little more easily without high expectations. BTW, if the gay guys on here haven't checked out Mitchell Trubiski yet, you might have a new favorite NFL quarterback...although sometimes he looks a little hillbilly-ish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148August 18, 2018 7:42 AM

Back in my day...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149August 18, 2018 11:28 AM

In Ireland I'd say 50%. It depends on The culture.

by Anonymousreply 150August 18, 2018 11:31 AM

R149 The German team?

by Anonymousreply 151August 18, 2018 11:32 AM

Men used to swim naked in America

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152August 18, 2018 11:36 AM

Women are jealous of handsome guys wearing speedos . They even have the nerve to call it pervy . Of course when they’re flaunting their boobs and ass almost naked than it’s okay ! Double standard I guess . Maybe there afraid a guy will steel their boyfriend

by Anonymousreply 153August 18, 2018 11:40 AM

R153 classic projection by insecure gay.

by Anonymousreply 154August 18, 2018 12:07 PM

Here you go you cretins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155August 18, 2018 12:11 PM

R153 is a misogynist

by Anonymousreply 156August 18, 2018 2:04 PM

Oh, now it makes sense, so according to that article of R155, women just prefer wearing bikinis than more modest clothing. Because no better way to keep sand out of your fishy twat than to dive head first almost naked into it.

Its not sexual at all, it's just a practical thing. Then the same rational should hold for men. A tight Speedo is going to keep out a lot more sand from going into his "junk" (as the loons with sexuality hangups refer to it) than baggy shorts where fists fulls of sand could be shoved past his pubes in one good dive.

by Anonymousreply 157August 19, 2018 10:26 AM

R153 is not a misogynist R156. Pointing out a double standard woman have does not make one a misogynist. In fact not admitting that woman can do no wrong raising kids to have double standards in society totally sexist towards men. Your argument to now want the same standards for men as women in terms of tight cloths because straight men want to see it is actually promoting misogyny because it rewards women who reinforce the status quo.

by Anonymousreply 158August 19, 2018 10:33 AM

Look Iknow you're afraid of female bodies and all but there really is nothing scary about boobies. They won't hurt you.

by Anonymousreply 159August 19, 2018 11:11 AM

Not scared of boobs, just not into them like woman say they dont want to see a mans bulge. Are they afraid of men's ball too?

by Anonymousreply 160August 19, 2018 11:13 AM

R160 Ugh! Fishy twats! Smelly pussies! Yeah no gynopbobia on Datalounge.

If you weren't neurotic about women's bodies and were actually indifferent you wouldn't give a fuck about the bikinis, or anything else they wore.

by Anonymousreply 161August 19, 2018 11:42 AM

"mens junk" "who wants to see that" Bitch Please, who's the one with phobias and hangups about a perfectly natural thing like a mans body.

by Anonymousreply 162August 19, 2018 12:30 PM

160. Just because you don't want to fuck somthing should it be covered up? Should animals wear pants? Should fish wear tiny fish burqas? Should trees with knot holes have skirts?

by Anonymousreply 163August 19, 2018 1:21 PM

R46 they are not whoring themselves out, that's the point. they are pimped out by the association that implemented a rule that doesn ALLOW their outfits to be less revealing. there is an actual rule how many inches the shorts are allowed to cover at the max. they are penalized if they don't obey. gymnasts are penalized if they chose to not wear the issued gear. that's not a deliberate decision to sex it up in search of sponsors.

by Anonymousreply 164August 19, 2018 4:38 PM

R163’s use if the term “fish” reveals everything about him. A stereotypically vile effeminate misogynist who is bitterly jealous of women.

by Anonymousreply 165August 19, 2018 4:55 PM

R165 I'm talking about literal fish you idiot.

by Anonymousreply 166August 19, 2018 4:57 PM

Ah, a hurt woman (R165) that is dumbfounded and being SO defensive because for once, she can't use her body and sexuality to get what she desires. . . She's come across people that may treat her as an equal, and not treat her udders and vagina as a holy shrine that's she's been lead to believe her entire life. Yes, it's a nasty, smelly hole - deal with it. She's now lost and bewildered. And lashes out by calling them misogynist, because that's all she has as a (false) defense.

If you can't take the 'pointless bitchery' aspect of this site, find another one more to your liking. Write poetry on Tumblr, and post pics of puppy dogs and kittens. NO ONE escapes unscathed on here.

by Anonymousreply 167August 19, 2018 6:32 PM

I always thought it was only homophobes who said gays despise women. Good on Datalounge cunts for proving me wrong.

by Anonymousreply 168August 19, 2018 10:04 PM

Well a lot of LGBT and progressive media have been talking about the horrible misogyny among gay men for years now

by Anonymousreply 169August 19, 2018 10:18 PM

I mean. I don't particularly want to fuck certain demographics but I don't hate them for not being fuckable. Maybe its a male thing? Straight men hate the women they fuck too so...

by Anonymousreply 170August 19, 2018 10:26 PM

Misogyny - dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women

So, a thread revealing the double standards of women when it comes to their attire when playing professional sports is now considered misogyny? What's next? Playing the 'but I'm just a girl' card whenever you get exposed, and criticized for your bad behaviour? Bitch, you can't have it both ways - this attitude that because you have a cunt means you are beyond any criticism, and exposure is absurd. Don't confuse being treated as an equal as 'hatred', as so many of you are doing above. You can't manipulate gay men the way you do with stupid straight guys - I have no dislike, or contempt for women - what I have is indifference because women are just not a big part of my life. And I don't engage in the prejudice of other men, by treating women as 'special', because I want to fuck you. Again, more double standards revealed by the women on this site.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171August 19, 2018 11:39 PM

" There is a reason it's illegal for woman to go topless in public."

Umm, maybe where you live, R79. NYC and DC are "top equality" cities, where it is legal for men AND women to go topless. Haven't you seen photos of one of the Willis women exercising her rights?

by Anonymousreply 172August 20, 2018 12:24 AM

I'm not shocked by any misogyny at this point. As a woman, I've seen some of the worst come from my fellow females. We can only hope for future generations to do better.

Tearing each other down (no matter who) doesn't elevate any of us. It just allows the powers that be to carry on with their fuckery, while laughing at us all.

by Anonymousreply 173August 20, 2018 12:33 AM

Do some of you morons really not realize that its not the women choosing to wear those bikinis? As for the bullshit sand argument, have you ever compared indoor volleyball uniforms for men vs. women?

You idiots are blaming women for the misogyny and exploitation forced upon them.

by Anonymousreply 174August 20, 2018 2:32 AM

Same person wearing the male and female versions of typical athletic uniforms for several different sports.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175August 20, 2018 2:33 AM

Gotta love the pretzel logic above - men are required to wear a tank top as to be easily identified, but women can wear a flimsy bra, and bikini bottoms, so how are they then identified? And no, these women are not forced to wear very skimpy clothing - they choose too.

by Anonymousreply 176August 20, 2018 3:04 AM

Has it occurred to anyone here that perhaps the male players don't WANT to wear speedos and be objectified by creepy Datalounge queens?

by Anonymousreply 177August 20, 2018 3:24 AM

Good for you, R177.

And I repeat:

Silly queens.

by Anonymousreply 178August 20, 2018 6:04 AM

For R176...

Of course, a bikini (for which the International Volleyball Federation (FIVB) allows "a maximum side width of seven centimeters (2.76 inches)")

That is only one of the rules specifically for the sport discussed in this thread. The gymnastics rules will not allow women to wear pants or shorts but sequins are okay. For, I believe, the trampoline competition, the men can wear pants but the women are required to wear leotards (tight to the skin). That 'tight' part is in the rules only for the women so it's not a safety concern.

The women are not the ones setting these uniform standards, no matter how much the misogynists here would love that to be the case.

by Anonymousreply 179August 20, 2018 6:28 AM

R179 You're correct. FIVB code. R176 is full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 180August 20, 2018 6:49 AM

[quote] women are not the ones setting these uniform standards,

Yes they are Dear. It's not 1950, woman are in all levels of management and in all types of fields including pro sports.

by Anonymousreply 181August 20, 2018 7:18 AM

[quote]Has it occurred to anyone here that perhaps the male players don't WANT to wear speedos

Actually, until recently, men used to swim totally naked all the time. In public swimming pools, in watering holes, lakes, rivers, and even while serving in the army. AND they did not have to swim co-ed. It's only when woman insited in mixing in that forced men to put on uncomfortable clothes while in the water.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182August 20, 2018 7:24 AM

Mens swim teams used to go naked all the time. It was even a rule for the YMCA up to the 70's

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183August 20, 2018 7:27 AM

So it WAS fun to stay at the YMCA!

by Anonymousreply 184August 20, 2018 7:39 AM

R177 is correct. Men are not trying to be gawked at by the type of old creepers that want to see them in stupid speedos.

by Anonymousreply 185August 20, 2018 9:12 AM

"Oh and calm down and eat something [R57].

~ different fat chick"

Why do fat people think that food is the answer to everything?

by Anonymousreply 186August 21, 2018 4:39 PM

Men should play in the nude

by Anonymousreply 187August 21, 2018 4:40 PM

R186: Why do thin people (ppl) think they will never get fat?

by Anonymousreply 188August 21, 2018 8:27 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 189August 23, 2018 11:05 AM

R148, you are right about the growing percentage of women watching sports. however, from a marketing point of view, it is still men who actually spend money on it. tickets, merch, cable tv, shelling out extra for that one fight... (paying for their daughters cleats of course, too)

by Anonymousreply 190August 23, 2018 11:59 AM

My first BF had a 13” cock with a head the size of a lemon, poking out sideways if he doesn’t tuck it. He’s be arrested wearing a Speedo.

by Anonymousreply 191August 23, 2018 12:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!