Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Changing Face of DL Fan Frau Stalkerdom

I have not been on DL all that long--maybe three years--and it's been interesting to note the changes in the actors who attract the sort of insane stalkery fan fraus who somehow manage to find DL.

Right now it seems to mostly be about T. Chalamet, D. Gleick, S. Heughan and A. Hammer. But when I first got there, the more frequent targets were G. Harold, B. Cumberbatch, J. Kortajarena, and T. Hardy.

L. Pace and L. Evans seem to be the only constants.

There will be dozens of threads about these actors, each with 600 responses, each more banal and insane and stalkery than the last.

Someone with a lot more time on their hand should create a timeline. Would be a fascinating sociology paper, especially if they were to offer theories on the waxing and waning of the actors Datalounge fan communities and what makes the fraus finally just give up.

by Anonymousreply 162August 21, 2018 2:44 PM

I never read these threads. What kind of stalkery stuff goes on in them?

by Anonymousreply 1August 11, 2018 8:49 PM

I don't spend much time with them either R1, but was fascinated when I first got to DL as they were so ubiquitous.

Among other behaviors:

* Figuring out the names and social media accounts of the actors relatives and (non-famous) friends and either following them or tricking them into it by pretending to be someone else-- they would search for photos of the actor at a cousin's wedding in 2007, a photo at a family vacation when the actor was 10 years old--that sort of thing

* Constitutional-scholar level dissections of the actors own social media posts

* Attempting to contact the actor via various friends and family members

* Pretending to have insider knowledge of what the actor was up to workwise and relationship wise by pretending to be a friend of the actor who magically appeared on DL to post (one of these alone could fill two or three 600-post threads)

Etc.

by Anonymousreply 2August 11, 2018 9:00 PM

I've only tried to wade into some of those threads a few times, just to try to figure out what's going on, but I finally learned to block them as soon as they pop up. Most of those threads seem to only have a couple of people posting back and forth, non-stop, and they have a really claustrophobic, airless quality to them, sort of like "the call is coming from inside the house."

by Anonymousreply 3August 11, 2018 9:37 PM

Thanks, R2. DL certainly attracts crazies.

by Anonymousreply 4August 11, 2018 9:54 PM

Don't also forget the A. Rodgers and Chambo/Chandler Massey threads OP which also attracts many of the same kinds of crazy fraus just the same as the persons you mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 5August 18, 2018 8:19 AM

And this is all thanks to our dear webmaster who kindly doesn’t put a stop to it. Times change, DL should change as well...at least for the better.

by Anonymousreply 6August 18, 2018 8:22 AM

The Hayden C posts were extreme in the past, as I recall, and even though I believe both Gyllenhaal and Nichols to be gay, the “shipping” of them was way over the top.

by Anonymousreply 7August 18, 2018 8:30 AM

So, r2, you don't spend much time with them, you just spend enough time scanning a few 600 post threads so that you can "off the top of your head" outline their contents?

I bet you can speed read.

I bet that's what it is.

by Anonymousreply 8August 18, 2018 8:37 AM

If you ever want to see a heavy dose of frau fandom crazy go to a site called Celebitchy. Years ago, I followed a link there from dlisted and used to hate read from Time to time. At the time I used to read, they were batshit obsessed with Benedict Cumberbatch. They went completely psychotic when he married that posh woman whose name escapes me. They created an elaborate fantasy scenario where she was a prostitute pregnant with another man's child. They also adored Angelina Jolie and seethed with irrational rage towards Jennifer Aniston. Note that this was only a couple years ago, so the rest of the world no longer gave two fucks about the whole Jolie vs Aniston thing. They would fantasize about celebrities sending coded messages with their clothes, really weird shit. Despite seething with rage towards any woman who isn't Angelina Jolie they were also militantly feminist. The site is a run by a nutjob who calls herself Kaiser, but hides her real identity.

by Anonymousreply 9August 18, 2018 8:41 AM

Very wise, R3. Those bitches make my arsehole twitch. They are truly delusional, pathatic and psychotic.

by Anonymousreply 10August 18, 2018 9:04 AM

OP, you're wrong. There are still mostly gay men on the Dylan Geick threads.

by Anonymousreply 11August 18, 2018 9:14 AM

[quote]And this is all thanks to our dear webmaster who kindly doesn’t put a stop to it. Times change, DL should change as well...at least for the better.

Oh, the irony. If only Muriel WOULD put a stop...to people who go on crazed rampages of posting scat gifs, spamming threads with hundreds of posts to get them shut down, openly declaring their intentions of doing everything possible to subvert the few safeguards that DL does have to deal with trolling in order not to get red-tagged or banned, threaten to doxx people, and just generally behave like the psychos that they are.

If only Muriel would do something about people like that...

by Anonymousreply 12August 18, 2018 9:16 AM

HOW VERY DARE YOU, r12!

A Datalounge without psychos is like an American Horror Story season without Jessica Lang. Except that last one she did that kind of sucked.

It would be like Glenda Jackson starring in The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie! What next? Glenda Jackson in California Suite?

Could you imagine? She could play the Jane Fonda character. It would be so totally oddball.

by Anonymousreply 13August 18, 2018 9:24 AM

R12 You’re funny you know? Thanks to you I had a good laugh this morning. I suppose you’re a religious follower of those CMBYN threads otherwise you wouldn’t know me and I only spam those threads when shit hits the fan so every 10 replies because they’re infested with mostly fangirls over there ( and again 99% you’re one as well if you complain about my work) and a down to earth conversation with them can’t be held. BUT: OMG, I have fan, I’m gonna blush so hard. Thank you, dear fan, I’m so touched, seriously and deeply.

by Anonymousreply 14August 18, 2018 9:30 AM

You know I thought I was funny, Mr. R14. I mean, you seem kind of like an asshole so maybe you do have me blocked. You know, you're one of those touchy bitches--everything has to be their way, blah, blah, blah.

Yep, it's a crap shoot here. In every sense.

by Anonymousreply 15August 18, 2018 9:39 AM

R15 Finally a gay guy in here. Did you get lost as well?

by Anonymousreply 16August 18, 2018 9:42 AM

Well, since you asked, I am actually non-binary. Trans even. No ops involved. Not even optics.

Just straight up gender neutral.

Do you like me now?

by Anonymousreply 17August 18, 2018 9:47 AM

R17 Very. And I’m being serious. And no I didn’t have you blocked. I just didn’t reply to your comment because it’s typical DL style.

by Anonymousreply 18August 18, 2018 9:49 AM

Don't forget the Duckling Troll who pops up on the Bomer threads, I suspect that one is heavily involved in the Evans threads too.

The Renner one, a thread mentioned him and boom! That one is certifiable, posting under multiple tags, having conversations with itself.

Confession time: I got hooked on the Geick threads about 3 months ago - having studiously ignored them previously. There are some irritating stans, but also some good banter.

by Anonymousreply 19August 18, 2018 10:01 AM

"I have not been on DL all that long--maybe three years--and it's been interesting to note the changes in the actors who attract the sort of insane stalkery fan fraus who somehow manage to find DL"

Oh honey, nothing compares to the Prancing Ponies and Chalupas...

by Anonymousreply 20August 18, 2018 10:06 AM

R19 Re: the Geick threads you like them because most of the audience who posts in those threads are gay men.

R20 Was the Prancing Ponies really that bad? I only discovered DL 5 years ago so I’d say 2013ish. What was so dramatic about them?

by Anonymousreply 21August 18, 2018 10:11 AM

R21 I think you're right. The teen/mom stans that wander here stand out like a beacon and usually vanish again pretty quickly. The mugshot troll is a bit tiresome but posters seem to be getting better at ignoring them.

by Anonymousreply 22August 18, 2018 10:22 AM

Right ON R12! I'm no fan of the shippers and stans but ATC has a fucking God complex.

by Anonymousreply 23August 18, 2018 10:41 AM

R22 The Simon/Matt threads are okayyy as well ( again with some faults here and there) and also the Tyler The Creator ones ( don’t know if you’re a fan of his music) but there’s some good input in there.

by Anonymousreply 24August 18, 2018 10:47 AM

"What was so dramatic about them?"

Back in them there olden days, DL was "split" into two sub-boards -gossip and politics. If both were of interest, it was as it is now. But if you were interested in gossip only, you could select that and didn't see politics (in theory) and vice-versa.

Then LotR was released.

The Muriel of the day had to add a third category - Prancing Ponies - because they were posting SO many threads and so many replies that it damn near overwhelmed the DL.

I wasn't much interested, but dipped in a couple of times. They were NUTS (the young actors were using secret codes to send messages to their fans, every young man was gay and having just explosive amounts of sex with each other etc)

Imagine the Robert Patterson/What's-her-face threads, but increased - though I don't think they ever quite hit the heights of sheer insanity that was in those threads...

Were the Chalupas the Elisabeth Mitchell fans - or am I misremembering?

And wasn't there a Soaps sub-section too?

by Anonymousreply 25August 18, 2018 10:51 AM

R25 Oh, man, that’s insane! A sub section only for that?! Too much.

by Anonymousreply 26August 18, 2018 10:56 AM

The Aaron Rodgers threads have thankfully fizzled and settled into mostly just mocking the latest paparazzi photos. Even at its height it still paled to many of the threads mentioned here.

The Henry Cavill threads certainly fit the scope of this topic.

The Prancing Ponies were a sight to behold though. The sheer volume of posting was incredible. I think that opened the floodgate for the Tumblr crowd and added one more STD to the site.

by Anonymousreply 27August 18, 2018 11:24 AM

There was a Gettysburg troll who used to get the G. Harold threads shut down by posting the Gettysburg Address 473 times, or whatever it took to get to 600. I think they eventually wore down those fraus because they seem to have stopped posting here.

Because DL is anonymous, it allows the stans to come here and "hate post" -- so while using their own names they need to tow the party line that everything Sam H. does is wonderful, they can come on DL and bitch about everything from his clothes to his hair to his career choices. That's what attracts them here--the ability to be negative

by Anonymousreply 28August 18, 2018 11:41 AM

One time, just as an experiment, I posted something completely random on the L. Evans board. It was a few years ago, but something to the effect of "my friend is a casting agent in Hollywood and he told me Luke is going to be in a remake of the Office for Netflix, playing Jim, only Pam is going to be Paul..."

Completely invented (no one is remaking The Office, AFAIK) and yet it garnered almost 50 responses and much debate on the wisdom of that move. Only a few people speculated it might be complete BS

by Anonymousreply 29August 18, 2018 11:44 AM

R28 agreed. And the funny is that they’re ashamed to admit to posting on DL. Wtf? Even with all its issues DL is still an interesting gossip site.

by Anonymousreply 30August 18, 2018 11:45 AM

*funny thing^

by Anonymousreply 31August 18, 2018 11:45 AM

R30 - I would assume that the other Stans know that DL is where people go to trash talk their hero and so don't want to admit to even knowing about this site.

by Anonymousreply 32August 18, 2018 11:50 AM

I should have added that it is why you still get people (occasionally) announcing "Soap Thread!" on threads about soaps (Duh!) - it was a self-referral system, so an unmarked (or mischievously double marked) politics/gossip post would show up on either/all and someone would scream "Politics Thread!", "Gossip Thread!" or "Soap Thread!" (we know, we can read) The first two have gone the way of all things.

The DL Hall Monitor is not a recent phenomenon - they were acknowledged and called out even then...

Get us talking about the original colour-scheme - and then when ads were included....

by Anonymousreply 33August 18, 2018 3:11 PM

Oh and "The Mattie Stepanek in Heaven" thread from circa 2004...

You thought "The sky was so blue..." was bad? - that one was fucking BRUTAL. Hysterical. but brutal - "WHEEEEE!"

Actually, for a non-American, the DL was the place to be on 9/11 - the main news channels were so far behind and the main internet channels had slowed to a crawl - but here we were on the DL, getting eyewitness accounts as events happened, and the true horror unfolded

"Tower 1 has gone"

by Anonymousreply 34August 18, 2018 3:31 PM

R33 Thanks for the further details. Personally, DL is still a funny/bitchy site but the lack of banning when things go cray cray is really frustrating.

by Anonymousreply 35August 18, 2018 3:34 PM

Sorry - it was "The South Tower is gone"

I remember typing "What do you mean, the South Tower is gone?" and didn't hit post as I watched delayed footage of the South Tower collapsing in on itself....

by Anonymousreply 36August 18, 2018 3:39 PM

Pathetic to assume the participants are frauen.

by Anonymousreply 37August 18, 2018 3:48 PM

R37 They usually are in the threas mentioned above. Only few of them can be saved. But, at the end of the day, that’s the main problem with DL, no moderator, no banning, loonies everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 38August 18, 2018 4:01 PM

I even remember an interminable thread seriee about a lesbian nightspot in LA called Felt. I think they would speculate on lady-loving celebs who were spotted there.

by Anonymousreply 39August 18, 2018 4:09 PM

^ *series*

by Anonymousreply 40August 18, 2018 4:09 PM

The weirdest fanfrau threads to me were the ones about Vincent D'Onofrio. As Lucy would say, YA CALL THAT HOT?

by Anonymousreply 41August 18, 2018 4:12 PM

I'd imagine an updated Datalounge Land today would just be a house of horrors. The only pictures I found of the old one were just before the Prancing Ponies took off but Dom and Elijah were already literally on the map.

These were the only two versions I could find at the moment and were far from the final form. I will see if I can excavate more from the bowels of the internet.

Just goes to show that the stalker threads have a long history here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 18, 2018 4:58 PM

Woah - gone way, way, WAY OT.

Apologies.

I don't know if the nature of DL stalkerdom has changed, but the nature of the rest of the internet has changed - again I bring up the RP/KS nuttery - back in the good old days, what was discussed was very much internal to the DL. Now it's "We say this on DL...and now let's introduce you to the REALLY crazy people out there on the internet- *link provided*

c/f anything to do with that skinny little boy from that film - CMBYN? That's classic DL nut stuff- apparently he's the greatest actor who ever lived.. And Armie Hammer has the sex appeal of a - actually, no -I wouldn't know Armie Hammer if you showed me a picture of his face...

No. really. I don't know what he looks like - then we have posts asking about how sexy his legs are etc because he's acting with skinny boy.

Those aren't *stars*

by Anonymousreply 43August 18, 2018 4:59 PM

[quote]Most of those threads seem to only have a couple of people posting back and forth, non-stop, and they have a really claustrophobic, airless quality to them, sort of like "the call is coming from inside the house."

I dip in and out of these threads sometimes for the train wreck factor (but have avoided them lately because the batshit is out of control). I’m almost sure some of these are one person posting from multiple devices in the same thread. The writing style and the use of certain words is a tipoff.

by Anonymousreply 44August 18, 2018 5:09 PM

Oh, and I meant to add, there is no way some of these people don’t have hidden agendas. No. Way. Either they’re the ones who run fansites and social media accounts or they’re on someone’s payroll.

by Anonymousreply 45August 18, 2018 5:46 PM

R45 They usually run their own fan blogs about the actors on tumblr or other SM. Then, they come here on DL and repeat the same things and fucked up theories they write on their blogs thinking that they’ll reach a bigger audience, where instead they talk to each other...again.

by Anonymousreply 46August 18, 2018 5:52 PM

There is some phenomenon that goes on in those type of threads. It’s very sick and depraved. It’s not like usual gossip nor do they seem to be interested in the actors work.

It’s more stalking and preying like an animal. They seem to get a high from it. It’s so overboard and insane. I’m afraid of those people. I wouldn’t be surprised if they hunted one of their targets down and killed them.

by Anonymousreply 47August 18, 2018 5:54 PM

[Quote] They usually run their own fan blogs about the actors on tumblr or other SM. Then, they come here on DL and repeat the same things and fucked up theories they write on their blogs thinking that they’ll reach a bigger audience, where instead they talk to each other...again.

I have noticed in some threads if there's gossip about a certain actor/tv show, they'll purposely talk about it in a different thread because they don't want it to get back to tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 48August 18, 2018 5:57 PM

I have mentioned on other threads that I dipped into one of the SH threads once. Those are some seriously batshit frau! One proudly proclaimed they were the highest Google result if you googled him with gay - and that was her aim in creating the threads!

I cannot imagine being so completely lacking in anything else in my life as to have something like that as a goal.

by Anonymousreply 49August 18, 2018 6:02 PM

R48 The thing that I personally hate the most is the following: they already have 4 or 3 SM platforms where to talk about their actors/ stalking them/ etc. and it’s still not enough! How can that still be not enough? Why do they have to come to DL as well? What’s wong with all those other SM platforms? Hell, they can even open a personal chatroom and invite who they want/shares their theories in there. Why infest a gay board?

by Anonymousreply 50August 18, 2018 6:11 PM

[Quote] Hell, they can even open a personal chatroom and invite who they want/shares their theories in there.

That's what they use the discord for.

[Quote] Why infest a gay board?

I think they assume they won't get as much shit on a gay site for thinking their fave is gay (despite their being no evidence that they are).

by Anonymousreply 51August 18, 2018 6:22 PM

I have said this in other threads, but what annoys the shit out of me is their either/or view on sex and sexuality, as if there’s just a big empty vacuum between a Kinsey 0 and a Kinsey 6.

And news flash, married celebrities with kids fuck around.

by Anonymousreply 52August 18, 2018 6:30 PM

They come to DL because it's anonymous and they think the other fan frauen don't know DL exists.

As mentioned earlier, they come here to shit all over the actor they otherwise worship. Why won't he do more cons? Why did he cut his hair like that? Why is he not starring in Spiderman or another blockbuster, he needs a better manager? His brother's wife is ugly.

Those posts would just get deleted on whatever other sites they go on, but DL has little to no moderation.

As others have mentioned, it seems like just a handful of posters and at some point they must find something else in their lives because few of the obsessions are that long term.

Except Luke Evans.

by Anonymousreply 53August 18, 2018 6:40 PM

Ben Barnes is still going strong.

by Anonymousreply 54August 18, 2018 6:55 PM

R53 agreed. For instance, I have nothing against the gay actors’ threads like Luke Evans, Lee Pace, Cavill ( let’s be real he screams “bottom face” from a mile) Matt Bomer and so on. At least they’re gay and there’s a point having more threads about them...but the other ones? Beats me.

by Anonymousreply 55August 18, 2018 7:25 PM

[quote]that’s the main problem with DL, no moderator, no banning, loonies everywhere. —Anti Tumblrina Crusader

To wit, our latest loonie, Anti Tumblrina Crusader.

by Anonymousreply 56August 18, 2018 7:32 PM

I'm not convinced all of the posters are Frauen tumblr types,though I suspect many of the AH ones are. I think the Jeremy Renner obsessive Is genuinely a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 57August 18, 2018 7:45 PM

R56 Who even considers Tumblr anymore? Where do you fucking live? Let me see, more than half of the posters you see in those threads come from tumblr. Does that ring any bell, my dear?

by Anonymousreply 58August 18, 2018 9:05 PM

[quote]The weirdest fanfrau threads to me were the ones about Vincent D'Onofrio. As Lucy would say, YA CALL THAT HOT?

Exactly how I feel about the B. Cumberditch threads. Dude is fug.

by Anonymousreply 59August 18, 2018 10:00 PM

Which ones are "hater" threads?

by Anonymousreply 60August 18, 2018 10:06 PM

Not sure there's all that material for a sociology paper, given that there's 2-3 posters writing all over that 600-post thread. However, for a psychology or even a psychiatry major...

by Anonymousreply 61August 18, 2018 10:11 PM

I would call that hot R41. And the “I haven’t heard of [insert name of well known person] / don’t know their face so they can’t be well known” approach is really, really tired. Too busy reading Dostoyevsky in the original Russian I expect.

by Anonymousreply 62August 18, 2018 10:31 PM

Note to dumbass r58/Anti Tumblrina Crusader: [bold]don't read those threads[/bold], and you won't encounter those posters. If you can't kick an inexplicable addiction to Tumblr in 2018, I don't know what to tell you.

by Anonymousreply 63August 19, 2018 12:59 AM

If only there were such a thing as an ignore button.

by Anonymousreply 64August 19, 2018 2:22 AM

easy FUCKING peasy!

by Anonymousreply 65August 19, 2018 2:28 AM

R63 Here’s the deal: everyone should be able to participate in those threads, but usually the girls alienate all the other parties. Why? Because you let them. For instance, in the near future I’d like to talk about a movie starring an actor I genuinely follow here on DL and guess what? I’m 99% sure that won’t happen because say hello to vaginas! They will turn that thread into a mess as usual. Why?

by Anonymousreply 66August 19, 2018 5:52 AM

Also, why do I need to go to a movie site to talk about that? To make an account somewhere else if I can already interact with some knowledgeable people who share the same interests here on DL and in some regards are a hundred times better than the former ones.

by Anonymousreply 67August 19, 2018 5:55 AM

Yes, you should be able to participate in such threads, r66, without your mind going numb. But you can't. So I just avoid them. I would like to read intelligent commentary on Tim O'Tay, but the morons reporting on every movement he makes during every day of his life make it impossible. So I'll wait until his next movie is released so there's at least a semi-critical mass of people posting who have something to say.

by Anonymousreply 68August 19, 2018 8:53 AM

You can always read the two books that inspired his nex, VERY DEPRESSING movie. Write a thread with those in the title and then report about that.

by Anonymousreply 69August 19, 2018 9:54 AM

I have read them. They're not something I want to read again. Especially the son's book.

by Anonymousreply 70August 19, 2018 9:56 AM

You forgot the Frank Ocean threads.

by Anonymousreply 71August 19, 2018 10:02 AM

R68 So you’ll post in the BB film thread when it’s time? That would be even better than an orgasm.

by Anonymousreply 72August 19, 2018 10:08 AM

You really are just here to cunt, aren't you, r72?

by Anonymousreply 73August 19, 2018 10:11 AM

R66 -R72 you're not exactly being subtle or stealth. You're trolling. It's becoming entertainment at your expense. What time is it in Russia?

by Anonymousreply 74August 19, 2018 10:12 AM

R73/ R74 Nah, I’m not from Russia. You all think you only have Russian trolls on DL? Think better. And no, I’m not even trolling btw, I’m just ranting.

R71 Frank Ocean is at least gay.

by Anonymousreply 75August 19, 2018 10:23 AM

I didn't suggest Russia. And I am not R74.

by Anonymousreply 76August 19, 2018 10:31 AM

I read the first page from the son's book, I was done. Even the one about the addict literary agent was better.

by Anonymousreply 77August 19, 2018 10:33 AM

I liked Bill Clegg's book, IIRC. I've liked all of his books.

by Anonymousreply 78August 19, 2018 10:34 AM

No one here finds it kind of ODD that so many of you are wasting time discussing threads you hate, then writing an almost dissertation on the same said threads, especially R2?

If those threads annoy people so much, why bother even going into them? I've been at DL for years. I simply do not enter threads I don't have an interest in.

Threads like this, which feature the same old put-downs of celebrity fans remind me of someone saying, "I hit myself on the hand with a hammer, it hurts so much, yet I keep doing it again and again." You complainers remind me of those types of people.

Stay out of ANY DL thread you are not interested in. I really IS that simple.

What's the point of creating threads to complain about OTHER threads?! You all sound like bunch of whining teens.

by Anonymousreply 79August 19, 2018 10:35 AM

[Quote] No one here finds it kind of ODD that so many of you are wasting time discussing threads you hate, then writing an almost dissertation on the same said threads, especially [R2]?

This seems to be a popular subject since there are 2 other threads on here.

by Anonymousreply 80August 19, 2018 2:59 PM

R80 Because it’s a freaking invasion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81August 19, 2018 3:24 PM

Many of the "fraus" are actually gay men. There may be some female trolls here but I bet a large chunk of the posters you are all complaining about are gay men.

by Anonymousreply 82August 19, 2018 3:32 PM

R81

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83August 19, 2018 3:47 PM

R83

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84August 19, 2018 3:50 PM

I think what brings the Fraus here is the anonymous aspect of the forum. Just take a look at the Dylan Geik thread. 90% of the posters in that thread are fraus that post hate on gay men.

by Anonymousreply 85August 19, 2018 3:55 PM

R85 on the Dylan Geik there are mostly gay men posting. Yes, there could be some girls in there, obviously, but the majority is not them. I can say the same about the AH threads, he has a mixed following gay men/ straight dudes and women (teens or middle aged) that’s why his threads were funny and bitchy at the very beginning. Meanwhile, the Tim threads ( thank God they stopped) were only filled with estrogen because this particular actor at this right moment has a following mostly made of girls ( 60% of his followers are girls be it teens or middle aged women). Then, what else...the Tyler The Creator threads are okay, are chill and guys post in there as well.

by Anonymousreply 86August 19, 2018 4:00 PM

I think the Dylan and Jackson threads are totally full of teen and tween girls. I've also been getting the impression that there's overlap between the Dylan threads and the Luke threads based on the ESL-flavored syntax I detect here and there.

by Anonymousreply 87August 19, 2018 4:05 PM

This is a great example of what we're talking about.

Random thread about a Mexican telenovela actor, unknown to US audiences.

OP has been stalking his Instagram, which is the only way to know what posts he's liked--requires decent amount of time and effort if he's active on IG.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88August 19, 2018 4:44 PM

R88 I think in that cas it’s a guy stalking him, not a woman....

by Anonymousreply 89August 19, 2018 4:49 PM

*case^

by Anonymousreply 90August 19, 2018 4:49 PM

You're most probably right R89, but other than that it checks all the boxes.

by Anonymousreply 91August 19, 2018 4:50 PM

"OP has been stalking his Instagram, which is the only way to know what posts he's liked--requires decent amount of time and effort if he's active on IG."

It takes 5 seconds to look at someone's instagram.....not a great example of stalking.

by Anonymousreply 92August 19, 2018 4:52 PM

Tom Hidlesston is a good example for that R92. I swear that in his thread, which right now is deader than the dead there was a user who said they had been following him everywhere, even getting into his house or things like that.

by Anonymousreply 93August 19, 2018 5:02 PM

Eldergays (SMH)

It takes way more than 5 seconds to go through and see what people you are following have liked (which is what OP did)

Here's how it works, and remember that list is chronological for everyone on your IG, though I suspect stalkers set up unique accounts to just follow their stalkee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94August 19, 2018 5:11 PM

At least the beyond-annoying "The Contract Is Up!" threads (about crazed Twilight fans) seem to be gone for good.

by Anonymousreply 95August 19, 2018 5:13 PM

Following someone on the internet is not stalking.

by Anonymousreply 96August 19, 2018 5:20 PM

[quote]In all my adventures in the weirder depths of online nerddom, I have never heard a straight fanwoman seriously state any intention to get her celebrity intention to fall in love with her, have sex with her, or marry her. What I HAVE heard is multiple attempts to become a Big Name Fan, someone who controls the fandom and is part of the celebrity's team, someone who has access while the other fans don't. Frankly, the drive for fandom dominance seems to be much more important than any real-life contact with the celebrity, because the celebrity is purely a fantasy but the fandom people are the "friends".

This was posted by some wise person on the actors/loonies thread and I think gets at the heart of the issue. The frauen/stans are here on DL because, as others have said, it’s anonymous and they can manipulate the narrative - by posing as insiders, claiming to be friends of the celebrity (or friends of friends), clocking every social media move and spinning it to fit their purposes. Some get away with it for a while — they always out themselves eventually, but by then they’ve usually done the damage.

by Anonymousreply 97August 19, 2018 5:30 PM

R97 They can be anonymous on other boards as well, why DL? Is DL such a cesspool for them?

by Anonymousreply 98August 19, 2018 5:58 PM

R93 I looked in on the Hiddleston thread once... and they were talking about the attachment he has on his toilet, apparently for cleaning his nether regions. Needless to say, I made my excuses and left.....

by Anonymousreply 99August 19, 2018 6:02 PM

[quote]on the Dylan Geik there are mostly gay men posting. Yes, there could be some girls in there

[bold]Not even close[/bold] R86.

90% of those posters are Jackson fangurls that discharged all their hatred on Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 100August 19, 2018 6:05 PM

I always wonder about the average ages of the people posting in the threads on really young-seeming guys like Shawn Mendes (whoever he might be) and Dylan Geick.

by Anonymousreply 101August 19, 2018 6:13 PM

These fat fraus don’t want their idols fucking hot women, because that’s just a stark reminder of how unfuckable they themselves are. Better to fantasize that Jeremy Renner or whoever is gay, then there’s no direct competition.

by Anonymousreply 102August 19, 2018 6:18 PM

Block Anti-Tumblrina or whatever the fuck it's name is and DL becomes moderately sane.

by Anonymousreply 103August 19, 2018 6:29 PM

The Jared and Jensen threads have been going strong for at least 12 years! I'm convinced those threads are 90% straight women.

by Anonymousreply 104August 19, 2018 6:37 PM

R103 Are you on your period or something? Also is “its” not “it’s”. And I’m a human being, you know?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105August 19, 2018 7:02 PM

[quote]And I’m a human being, you know?

Then act like one, and not some "loonie."

by Anonymousreply 106August 19, 2018 7:12 PM

R106 Ouch! “Loonie” is harsh. If I’m a “loonie”, I really don’t wanna know what you think about the actual loonies.

by Anonymousreply 107August 19, 2018 7:15 PM

[quote]Many of the "fraus" are actually gay men. There may be some female trolls here but I bet a large chunk of the posters you are all complaining about are gay men.

I totally agree and someone like R97, sounds just as crazy and obsessed as the 'stalker fans' and 'stans' they claim have invaded DL! Just read their ridiculous detailed post!

These threads about 'stalker fans' and 'stans' are just as annoying and over-the-top as the threads the people in this thread are complaining about.

Talk about people having bizarre issues! As well as needing to get a life. Go out and get some air! It will soon be Fall, so there is no excuse to escape the heat and humidity and complain on DL about silly threads which in no way at ALL affect your lives.

by Anonymousreply 108August 19, 2018 7:17 PM

[quote]This was posted by some wise person on the actors/loonies thread and I think gets at the heart of the issue. The frauen/stans are here on DL because, as others have said, it’s anonymous and they can manipulate the narrative - by posing as insiders, claiming to be friends of the celebrity (or friends of friends), clocking every social media move and spinning it to fit their purposes. Some get away with it for a while — they always out themselves eventually, but by then they’ve usually done the damage.

Just look at the details in this post. You really do seem as obsessed as the fans you claim to depise so much. And NO the majority of people posting in the club threads are GAY MEN, not women. I know you must hate women, but stop blaming them for such absurd things on DL as obsessive fan threads. That's just plain juvenile.

Check YOURSELF doll!

by Anonymousreply 109August 19, 2018 7:25 PM

"Manipulate the narrative".

I sure do know about that because I worked in publicity years ago, for a record company. I know all about the types of fans who feel the need to be on top of the fan food chain, yet, I doubt those types of fans come here, they are way too busy boasting on their social media accounts about ALL their encounters with the celebrities they stalk.

I happened upon one of those annoying super fans in London. This woman waits outside of the BBC offices when she know her faves will be there.

This woman uses the excuse that she's a "fashion blogger" to meet every one of the stars of GOT and way too many others I can't count. She's go photos with Tom Hiddleston, Riz Ahmed, Sophie Turner and pretty much every current celebrity you can name.

Thankfully, her stalking doesn't go beyond London. In actuality, this woman is nothing more than. a wealthy trust fund millennial who posts endless photos of herself in extremely expensive clothes standing next to famous people. Whatever rocks your boat I suppose. Seems she's made stalking into a career. Until her rich parents cut her off, she will continue to do this.

Most people have lives, they work, go to college or do both. The only people who seem to have all the time in the world to stalk celebrities are unemployed or are supported by their wealthy parents. Honestly, who the fuck has the time to stalk celebrities?

by Anonymousreply 110August 19, 2018 7:30 PM

R108 - R110 If this thread bugs you so much, why do you keep commenting instead of putting it on ignore?

by Anonymousreply 111August 19, 2018 7:42 PM

I blame them for the decrease in man-flesh threads. Used to be it was easy to keep up on the latest in hole-presentations, or armpits, or whatever, but now those threads get FF'd and buried.

by Anonymousreply 112August 19, 2018 7:49 PM

[quote]Used to be it was easy to keep up on the latest in hole-presentations, or armpits, or whatever, but now those threads get FF'd and buried.

It's the foreskins, baby. The foreskins.

by Anonymousreply 113August 19, 2018 7:54 PM

[quote][R108] - [R110] If this thread bugs you so much, why do you keep commenting instead of putting it on ignore?

I'm here because every person on DL has the right to participate in celebrity threads without being stalked and name-called by being in them. Or complained about and being called "stalkers", "frauen" and "stans". Do you comprehend that?

Why are people offended by others fandom, obsessive and otherwise? It should not and does no affect others lives.

I have friends of all ages, my older friends are into old Hollywood films and love to talk about the stars of bygone eras, instead of me making fun of my friends, I actually learn something about the old time movie stars. I in turn teach them about popular music they have missed and some great music. We never stop learning.

Perhaps way too many people at DL just have a handful of interests, they are afraid to go out of their comforts zones? I don't know what their problems are, but for a certain DL segment of posters to constantly rant and rave about celebrity threads is a really bizarre thing to focus on. Especially with the US going to absolute hell right now, why deprive certain fans of their distractions?

I makes little sense to me for others to care so much about a certain segment of fans.

by Anonymousreply 114August 19, 2018 7:57 PM

[quote]I in turn teach them about popular music they have missed and some great music.

I'm 67. What have I missed? Just give me five. Thanks a million.

by Anonymousreply 115August 19, 2018 8:01 PM

The Tom Hiddleston stan is absolutely psychotic.

by Anonymousreply 116August 19, 2018 8:27 PM

R116 I quite liked him as an actor and it’s a shame that he had to go through that Taylor Swift fiasco...he could have gone the Benedict route and do something like Patrick Melrose.

by Anonymousreply 117August 19, 2018 8:40 PM

R114 Oh fuck you and your declarations. The SH thread is awash with middle age fray gay hatred, that is 90% of the board

by Anonymousreply 118August 19, 2018 8:52 PM

The DL stans are sane and harmless compared to the psychos at the LSA stanfair.

by Anonymousreply 119August 19, 2018 8:53 PM

R119 LSA is a moderated site so I can’t see those “psychos” having the upper hand...I mean, it’s totally different than DL.

by Anonymousreply 120August 19, 2018 8:57 PM

So it was a Frau Stan who used to have a job and is now free to stan full time who was pissed about people on DL dumping on Frau Stans.

Got it.

by Anonymousreply 121August 19, 2018 8:58 PM

Not sure if it's the case now, but three years ago when I found DL and checked out those threads, there were a number that were clearly google-translated and/or started off "sorry, English not my first language"

by Anonymousreply 122August 19, 2018 8:59 PM

R122 I’m telling you, they were definitely Russians! Mary! Haha

by Anonymousreply 123August 19, 2018 9:12 PM

No, ATC, not Russians, but foreign fans who found DL. Given that L. Evans and his boyfriend J. Kartamacarena are better known in Europe it's not surprising.

by Anonymousreply 124August 19, 2018 9:19 PM

[quote][R114] Oh fuck you and your declarations. The SH thread is awash with middle age fray gay hatred, that is 90% of the board

WTF is the SH thread? See, I have no idea, because I don't go into certain threads here. Why get you panties in a twist if certain threads put you into such juvenile levels of hatred? How old are you, 12?

No, FUCK YOU and the repetitive extremely predictable posts by the tiresome and bitter complainers at DL.

Why not stay in your fucking lane and leave the celeb fans alone. It IS that simple and you damn well know it. I know what threads to avoid here, I never go into them, easy peasy. I hate all reality TV, so I never go into threads about those shows.

The other biggest joke at DL, are the posts complaining about LSA, if that forum bothers you so much, then why the fuck do you go there?! Who the fuck goes to forums which stress them out? Are you a masochist?

Doll, this is not rocket science. AVOID situations which bother you.

Man, you complaining dudes need to get hobbies or spend more time with your partners, if you have one that is.

by Anonymousreply 125August 19, 2018 10:24 PM

R125 So although you happily admit you have no fucking idea what you are talking about and have never ever visited the messed up homophobic stan threads, you still try to maintain status, you failed

by Anonymousreply 126August 19, 2018 10:30 PM

[quote][R125] So although you happily admit you have no fucking idea what you are talking about and have never ever visited the messed up homophobic stan threads, you still try to maintain status, you failed

Do you have reading comprehension problems? Or do you simply enjoy arguing with strangers online? I sure do know what the fuck I am talking about. You really do sound like a teen or a troll.

I NEVER said I don't go into celebrity threads at DL, NOT ONCE did I post that. I said I am not annoyed by 'super fans' or whatever you assholes want to call fans who are over-the-top and obsessed.

To each his own, yet you seem overly annoyed. Now you are accusing everyone is celebrity threads of being homophobic? Guess I missed those threads.

I simply do not allow anonymous people at fan forums to get me as agitated as you seem to get by them. I almost fell sorry for you, almost.

Go relax, get a drink, smoke some weed. Whatever will calm down your agitated state. But mostly importantly, stop allowing strangers to bother you so much. CHILL.

by Anonymousreply 127August 19, 2018 11:29 PM

It's completely appropriate that the thread I started about DL's stalker fan fraus has now become as insane as those threads themselves.

Oh DL. You never disappoint.

by Anonymousreply 128August 19, 2018 11:48 PM

OP, you need a hobby too.

THREAD CLOSED.

by Anonymousreply 129August 20, 2018 12:33 AM

Just put R127 on ignore and the thread becomes so much more tolerable.

by Anonymousreply 130August 20, 2018 12:33 AM

R130 Yep, it sure does, what a tosser

by Anonymousreply 131August 20, 2018 12:36 AM

r127's babbling in poor grammar makes the old AIKC seem cogent.... almost.

by Anonymousreply 132August 20, 2018 1:20 AM

Two tedious morons talking to each other.

Just as ridiculous as the "frauen" they claim to hate.

Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 133August 20, 2018 2:08 AM

R127, you should read your own post, out loud if necessary. It might give you an idea of how everyone else sees you.

by Anonymousreply 134August 20, 2018 2:21 AM

[quote]I always wonder about the average ages of the people posting in the threads on really young-seeming guys like Shawn Mendes (whoever he might be) and Dylan Geick.

Based on the number of Lolz!!! and emojis, I’m going with 16.

by Anonymousreply 135August 20, 2018 3:27 AM

LOL. R133 IS one of the frauen the thread is talking about.

Block her and you'll see.

by Anonymousreply 136August 20, 2018 3:31 AM

R124 I know, my post was meant as a joke since many people on DL think they only have Russian users. I’m European as well.

by Anonymousreply 137August 20, 2018 6:19 AM

I will say I’ve noticed a small dropoff in the crazy lately. Maybe there’s been a purge.

by Anonymousreply 138August 20, 2018 12:57 PM

R138 Nah, it’s summer. Come Fall you’ll see the craziness again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139August 20, 2018 1:05 PM

Loonina r139, that looks nearly exactly the way I picture you. Only the martinis vary from my mental image.

by Anonymousreply 140August 20, 2018 2:31 PM

R140 I guess you really don’t like me, do you? I know, we’re a different generation, late 20s here and you in your 60s. Can’t we get along? I’m harmless.

by Anonymousreply 141August 20, 2018 2:35 PM

Stop being annoying, r141, and we'll see about getting along.

by Anonymousreply 142August 20, 2018 2:37 PM

What a depressing thread.

So very typical of the DL Shit Stirrer Brigade.

by Anonymousreply 143August 20, 2018 7:22 PM

R143 And yet, you’re still here whining about a thread you don’t give a shit.

R142 Ok, it’s a deal!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144August 20, 2018 7:39 PM

Keep posting your stupid GIFs Shit Stirrer @ R144.

Isn't it about time for your nap and your meds? Move along Gramps.

by Anonymousreply 145August 20, 2018 7:47 PM

R145 I highly support the Anti T’s agenda. If you don’t like the sentiment of his posts, block him.

by Anonymousreply 146August 20, 2018 7:57 PM

He didn't say anything about the T.

by Anonymousreply 147August 20, 2018 8:00 PM

There are more porn threads at DL than celebrity threads.

I do find it odd that so many DL posters know so much about specific pornstars backgrounds. They know every minute detail, that is damn weird. I find that info much creepier than knowing about actual celebrities, people who possess more talent than guys who fuck for a living.

Yet if your bring that up, their obsession with porn actors, these same posters will fight to the death to protect their pornstar knowledge obsessions.

These same posters will be the first to put down celebrity threads. Yet mention their porn obsession, you'll be called every name in the book.

by Anonymousreply 148August 20, 2018 8:05 PM

R147

Anti T is my nick name Anti Tumblrarina Crusader, because I am a lazy fuck who doesn’t want to spell it his full name

by Anonymousreply 149August 20, 2018 8:13 PM

R145 Nu, nu, nu. You’re as thick as two short planks. Go for a Chillax!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150August 20, 2018 8:55 PM

Anti-T is taken, r149. Try again.

by Anonymousreply 151August 20, 2018 8:58 PM

The short planks are surely thicker than R144 and R150's anemic pencil dick.

Namaste, motherfucker. 👳🏽‍♂️👳🏽‍♂️👳🏽‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 152August 20, 2018 10:13 PM

R152 I think this will lighten your mood. Give it a try!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153August 20, 2018 10:46 PM

Do men even watch 'Outlander'? A co-worker described the show to me once and its seems like it would have an overwhelmingly female audience.

by Anonymousreply 154August 20, 2018 11:07 PM

I'm doing it , Anti T...I've had enough of these deranged cunts stinking up DL

Now let's see what Muriel does

by Anonymousreply 155August 21, 2018 3:24 AM

Since Anti T loves doxing the fraus on Tumblr I'll give him some of his own medicine he is probably this guy, or one of his friends, but I think it's him cause he has expressed he might be psychotic and that will explain his behaviour here on DL. He spends hours looking at the posts of the antis and obsessing over everything they say to post long essays about how they are so morally inferior to him, one of the few guys on tumblr. He's as tiresome as the tin hats and should be exposed as well. I'm not one of the people he doxes so I don't care.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156August 21, 2018 3:39 AM

^If you can't see his account he is the-prince-of-tides on Tumblr

by Anonymousreply 157August 21, 2018 3:40 AM

R154 The Sam Hugheauan thread is a nasty car crash, his frau fans seem to hate his guts and bitch about everything, and see his waving a wrist around as proof of his homosexuality, stupid homophobic cunts

by Anonymousreply 158August 21, 2018 3:47 AM

r158 Yeah it is. I saw that guy's name tossed around as a possible Lestat in the new Anne Rice series so I checked his thread and it was a bunch of fucking loonies. Hopefully he isn't cast so their crazy doesn't spill over into every discussion of the show.

by Anonymousreply 159August 21, 2018 4:06 AM

R159 Hmmm he could work as Lestat, he is a hot bastard

by Anonymousreply 160August 21, 2018 4:27 AM

R156/ R157 You’re not good at doxxing people, my dear. Just look at how that guy writes and then look at my writing style. They’re completely different. You’ll get better with time, trust me!

by Anonymousreply 161August 21, 2018 6:16 AM

[Quote] Aleksander. Male. Pan. Cat Lady is a gender neutral term; fight me. I'm gonna miss Earth; it has a lot of potential. If you support Trump, are a TERF, or are part of the anti-Elizabeth Chambers brigade, do not follow me.

Love their bio R156

by Anonymousreply 162August 21, 2018 2:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!