Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New Bohemian Rhapsody Trailer. Freddie is GAY!

I know there has been some concern that the upcoming biopic whitewashes Freddie's gayness,but the new trailer makes it clear that it will not. I wonder if those scenes were featured in the trailer to allay those fears? And who is that hunky actor who is coming on to Mercury when he is sitting in the chair? Anyone know?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 23, 2018 9:54 PM

He still looks like Rami Malek though.

by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2018 2:25 AM

This Malek guy isn't pulling it off. Sasha Baron Cohen would have been much better.

by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2018 2:27 AM

That’s Alan Leach (sp?). He played Branson on Downton Abbey

by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2018 2:30 AM

He's hot a f. Any stories?

by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2018 2:47 AM

NO. that's just a dirty rumor. He was simply a man that loved his momma.

by Anonymousreply 5July 21, 2018 2:55 AM

Just can’t get past Malek’s face.

by Anonymousreply 6July 21, 2018 2:56 AM

As personally expected, the narrative so far seems 'yeah he was gay, and yes go look at him, now look at how awesome the rest of us are with him!'.

by Anonymousreply 7July 21, 2018 3:20 AM

Did Allen slim down for the movie? He was awful when he ballooned into fat Irish porker on DA.

by Anonymousreply 8July 21, 2018 3:23 AM

Rami malek looks GREAT/. I'm glad they've given him a huge teeth prosthetic as Freddie--he would look just wrong with good teeth.

by Anonymousreply 9July 21, 2018 3:29 AM

he looks like he's suckin the teef just to keep them attached.

his voice did sound like fred's

by Anonymousreply 10July 21, 2018 3:33 AM

No, R8, he looks kind of chunky in the trailer, but he wears it well.

by Anonymousreply 11July 21, 2018 3:41 AM

Not really feeling Rami as Freddie.

His voice and deliver still sounds very monotone like his normal voice. Freddie's did not speak that way.

I'll still watch the movie though; maybe he'll turn out to be brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 12July 30, 2018 4:00 AM

"Fortune favors the bold".

Freddie was very bold but I doubt that the movie will be as bold with his gayness, just showing bits and pieces of it.

by Anonymousreply 13July 30, 2018 4:13 AM

Becoming Freddie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 4, 2018 11:27 AM

[quote]Sasha Baron Cohen would have been much better

Talent free.

by Anonymousreply 15October 4, 2018 11:48 AM

There can be no completely convincing portrayal of Freddie Mercury without the epic chest hair. Sorry (not sorry).

by Anonymousreply 16October 4, 2018 11:51 AM

I teared up just watching the trailer. I CANNOT WAIT to see this movie! Holy shit!

by Anonymousreply 17October 4, 2018 1:57 PM

Panic! At The Disco Will Pay Tribute to Queen at 2018 American Music Awards

[quote] The film’s stars, Rami Malek, Joe Mazzello and Gwilym Lee, will introduce Panic! At The Disco’s’ performance live from the AMAs at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 4, 2018 2:01 PM

Freddie was beefy. Malek is too scrawny. The role also absolutely needed a British actor.

by Anonymousreply 19October 4, 2018 11:25 PM

And someone with cheekbones.

by Anonymousreply 20October 4, 2018 11:33 PM

The new film 'Bohemian Rhapsody' hasn't even been released and there's been controversy around the de-queering of Freddie Mercury.

We sat down with Rami Malek before the film's release to ask about this.

And his answer, um, didn't help

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 23, 2018 9:48 PM

I never had any doubt that they would portray him at least as bi. In this day, it's too risky for big studios to erase a gay historical figure's sexuality. The people spreading the rumor they would depict him as straight, or simply skip the topic of his sexuality, are just grievance-mongers, of which DL has too many.

by Anonymousreply 22October 23, 2018 9:51 PM

It's gayer than gay, queens. Settle down.

I saw it weeks ago.

It's super-gay, smooching, flirting etc. Mary breaks off a proposal by telling him he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 23October 23, 2018 9:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!