Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I've was babysitting my nieces for the past couple of weeks

They got me hooked on a cartoon called Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir

I'm embarrassed to admit it but I'm a 45 year old man and I love this show, the chief reason being it's funny as hell.

The snobby rich girl Chloé Bourgeois is my favorite character, and the gif I posted is one reason why. She's like a cartoon Nellie Oleson.

Now that I'm not babysitting anymore I'm still watching the cartoon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 8, 2018 11:59 PM

The introduced a gay character. His name is Marc Anciel which is a play on the French word for rainbow, l'arc en ciel.

by Anonymousreply 1August 13, 2018 12:22 AM

What channel?

by Anonymousreply 2August 13, 2018 12:24 AM

It's on here in Canada on the Family Channel, but most of the episodes are on Youtube. Here's the link to the episode with Marc:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 13, 2018 12:26 AM

Why not just admit you like it because Cat Noir is a blonde twink in a skintight costume.

by Anonymousreply 4August 13, 2018 12:27 AM

Isn’t it wonderful?

by Anonymousreply 5August 13, 2018 1:58 AM

I am hooked on My Little Pony and Fancy Nancy. Huge contrast to my other favorites GOT and Walking Dead. Sometimes kid show are just fun and if they have a gay character (wink) or snappy dialog (wink) - all the better!

by Anonymousreply 6August 13, 2018 2:05 AM

R4 you know this is a cartoon right?

Or is it animation?

Either way, he's not a real boy.

by Anonymousreply 7August 13, 2018 12:32 PM

Is her last name seriously Bourgeois? Random for a kids show lol

by Anonymousreply 8August 13, 2018 12:37 PM

R8 I've noticed the creator and writers are very good with word play regarding the character's names.

They're doing a live action film and I imagine the casting will be hard, trying to capture the personality of the characters with actual living people.

I'd prefer to see an animated film but audiences only seem to want huge blockbuster superhero/action movies.

by Anonymousreply 9August 13, 2018 12:41 PM

Chat Noir flirting--badly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 14, 2018 12:33 PM

There is nothing wrong with enjoying something not geared towards your age...I love every teen movie that comes out and I'm in my 40s. I'm not lusting after the teens, I just enjoy that genre of movie

by Anonymousreply 11August 14, 2018 1:18 PM

I'm not sure why I enjoy this cartoon so much, but I do. I do find it surprisingly funny and the 3D animation looks fabulous. Plus I'm going through a bad time right now and it's fun to watch something like this and forget my life for a while and remember what it was like being a kid.

by Anonymousreply 12August 15, 2018 12:44 AM

Gabriel Agreste looks like a young Tim Gunn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2018 1:21 PM

I can’t believe i watched that entire episode posted upthread. But it’s a cute show. Give cat noir a few years and he’ll be a hottie.

by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2018 1:37 PM

[quote]But it’s a cute show.

It is and I guess that's why I enjoy it.

I'm actually waiting with anticipation for the new episode where Chloe becomes Queen Bee. She's been obsessed with Ladybug since the beginning so it will be interesting to see how the character reacts to being a hero herself.

And she has a very low opinion of Chat Noir who is actually Adrien, who she desperately wants as her BF. How she treats Chat Noir will be fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2018 7:06 PM

Fans started shipping Juleka and Rose they have become an unofficial couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 21, 2018 5:54 PM

I will admit I got hooked on Barney (the Purple dinosaur) for a week after my nieces left. Then I thought, what the hell am I, an adult, watching Barney for? and stopped.

The kids in that show were amazing for learning so many songs and dances for each episode

by Anonymousreply 17August 21, 2018 6:18 PM

The kid's show troll is possibly my least favorite troll.

by Anonymousreply 18August 21, 2018 6:30 PM

R18...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 22, 2018 12:55 AM

Fans do cracks of the show, (as in ...on crack) and someone did one for the above linked episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 1, 2018 10:12 PM

OK, I was going to start a thread about this show but searched and to my surprise there was a thread.

I love this show. It's cute and funny and the story arc really is engrossing.

I'm a 40s gay man too, OP.

I loved the "Reverser" episode and I can't decide if Wayhem from the "Gorizilla" episode is gay or just a huge fan of Adrien's

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 8, 2018 11:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!