Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Piers Morgan calls Andrew Ridgeley an 'insufferable d**k'

Good Morning Britain host Piers Morgan has called former Wham! star Andrew Ridgeley an "insufferable d**k" after the singer declined to speak at length about George Michael.

Ridgeley, 55, had appeared on the show to talk about completing a 1,800km charity bike ride across Europe, for which he raised £1m.

However, the interview quickly became awkward after Morgan probed him about his late bandmate and friend George Michael.

Asked how he dealt with Michael's death, a dignified Ridgeley responded: "I would imagine much like everyone else in a period of grief. It's a difficult adjustment and the loss of a great friend is traumatic and emotionally tough."

Attempting to steer things back to the main topic he added: "Almost as emotionally tough as doing the Dallaglio Cycle Slam."

When he finished speaking, Morgan continued to ask him about Michael and questioned why he didn't like talking about the past.

"I wasn't sure that was why I was here today to be honest with you," Ridgeley replied. "I'd much rather be discussing the Dallaglio Cycle Slam and its good work for people who haven't had privileges of you and I. I think that's a more worthy subject matter."

After the interview Morgan apologised to viewers for the "awkward" interaction and blamed it on Ridgeley's reluctance to talk about Michael.

"I never really understand why people come on if people don't want to talk about, whatever," he said. "If you were one of the biggest pop stars in the world, I imagine you would talk about it. If anyone was offended by me asking about pop music and Wham! stuff I can only not apologise."

He then tweeted: "My thanks to Andrew Ridgeley for being such an insufferable d**k today- much appreciated!"

At around the same time, the official Good Morning Britain Twitter account had congratulated Ridgeley for his contributions to charity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67June 26, 2018 12:53 PM

Piers the cunt

by Anonymousreply 1June 21, 2018 6:26 AM

Piers Morgan is the real dick here.

by Anonymousreply 2June 21, 2018 6:26 AM

He looks 85.

by Anonymousreply 3June 21, 2018 6:26 AM

Andrew Ridgeley @ajridgeley

Replying to @piersmorgan @GMB

Oh dear…😆, oh dear…😂, oh dear…🤣! Was it something I…um…didn’t say?!

by Anonymousreply 4June 21, 2018 6:31 AM

Piers is an insufferable d**k himself and his Trump softball interview was a joke but he's got a point here. What does this guy think he's famous for, riding a bike? He piggybacked off George and he really shouldn't act like we give a shit what he does not related to George Michael.

by Anonymousreply 5June 21, 2018 6:31 AM

R5, well he apparently raised £1M for charity without George Michael. Wham! was Andy and George together. Treating Ridgeley as some kind of free rider is just plain silly. They were huge. George Michael obviously had a great voice and was more talented but that's how it goes in most bands.

You seem to believe Ridgeley is always expected to gossip about his late friend whenever he's interviewed. How fucking stupid do you have to be to expect that? And come on, who the hell would want to have a discussion about their deceased friends with that ugly as fuck cunt who mysteriously is still on TV.

by Anonymousreply 6June 21, 2018 7:27 AM

I wish something dreadful would happen to Piers Morgan.

by Anonymousreply 7June 21, 2018 7:34 AM

That's a pretty accelerated 55.

by Anonymousreply 8June 21, 2018 7:47 AM

What a weird damn ear.

by Anonymousreply 9June 21, 2018 8:11 AM

He was trying to focus on something positive he worked hard for and Piers, as usual, was the insufferable D.

by Anonymousreply 10June 21, 2018 8:15 AM

Team Ridgeley

by Anonymousreply 11June 21, 2018 9:01 AM

Any Brits know why Piers wan't charged in the celebrity phone scandal? Is he popular over there? He crawled up Trump's ass years ago and has never left.

by Anonymousreply 12June 21, 2018 9:36 AM

[quote]Piers Morgan is the real dick here.

Really? This is akin to Tanya Harding not wanting to talk about Nancy Kerrigan. Morgan let him blather on about some exercise bike NOBODY cares about and then asked questions on the ONLY reason he was booked on the show. GTFOH

by Anonymousreply 13June 21, 2018 9:36 AM

Well this way we ALL know about the charity ride, which wouldn't have happened had AR pulled out a few media friendly George yarns...besides, what is he supposed to say about GM?

by Anonymousreply 14June 21, 2018 9:43 AM

Um...anything? Play the game Ridgeley. You're too old and irrelevant to be pulling any cards.

by Anonymousreply 15June 21, 2018 9:46 AM

Smart Andrew Ridgley. I'm glad it was insufferable for Piers to not be allowed to walk all over Andrew.

by Anonymousreply 16June 21, 2018 9:52 AM

I despise Piers Morgan, and wish he were dead.

by Anonymousreply 17June 21, 2018 11:00 AM

Team Ridgeley also. He raised quite a lot of money on that bike ride. He obviously appeared on that show to promote the race and hopefully raise even more funding from the exposure the show gave, Ridgeley has always been a private person and true to himself, he politely attempted to steer the interview back to the bike race.

The issue that has not been discussed here is that there are journalists who are very skilled at their jobs. Interviews can be very tough to do. If Piers Morgan had been higher skilled, he would have gotten the information from Ridgeley that he wanted. My instinct here is that Piiers Morgan had not done his research. Lazy journalist. Morgan should have put the blame on himself for this and nobody else.

by Anonymousreply 18June 21, 2018 11:17 AM

He looks fine for being out in the sun a lot and not keeping up with celebrity facelifts.

by Anonymousreply 19June 21, 2018 11:25 AM

* not keeping up with celebrities and their facelifts

by Anonymousreply 20June 21, 2018 11:26 AM

Try being called a feckless c*nt.

by Anonymousreply 21June 21, 2018 11:29 AM

If the feck fits, Ivanka...

by Anonymousreply 22June 21, 2018 11:33 AM

Getting old is a bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 21, 2018 11:34 AM

Well if Piers wanted information about George at any coast. He should have book either Kenny Goss or Andros Georgiou. Either one would have been more then happy to sell out George for a small fee.

by Anonymousreply 24June 21, 2018 11:34 AM

Morgan has always behaved as though he'd like nothing more than to be one of the offspring Trump couldn't be bothered to pay a thirty-minute whore to abort. He's a byword for smug stupid sleaze.

by Anonymousreply 25June 21, 2018 11:36 AM

Andrew is not trying to hold on to his youth. I think he loos great unlike some people in the industry with the messy up plastic surgery and Madeline checks from some much Botox.

by Anonymousreply 26June 21, 2018 11:38 AM

Well Pierce,

It takes one to know one

by Anonymousreply 27June 21, 2018 11:48 AM

Pig Morgan is so lucky he's not in jail for phone hacking.

by Anonymousreply 28June 21, 2018 11:49 AM

Piers is jealous that AR has an insufferably big dick and that he is hung like a pea!

by Anonymousreply 29June 21, 2018 11:50 AM

If twitter was around back in the day, do you think someone like Johnny Carson would've tweeted something like, "Thank you, Burt Reynolds for being such a prick today"? No. He would've would bucked up and carried on with integrity. But, today you have so-called journalist cussing out other people in a public forum. Absolutely no dignity.

by Anonymousreply 30June 21, 2018 11:53 AM

Spot on, R30.

by Anonymousreply 31June 21, 2018 12:18 PM

Andrew said his piece at the Brits last year. THE END. Even Terry Schiao & Sunny Von Bulow knew that ANDREW DOESN'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT GEORGE.

by Anonymousreply 32June 21, 2018 2:45 PM

[quote] Really? This is akin to Tanya Harding not wanting to talk about Nancy Kerrigan.

Really? Andrew Ridgely arranged for George Michael to be bashed in the knee with a pipe?

by Anonymousreply 33June 21, 2018 2:48 PM

Andrew Ridgely and George Michael were childhood friends. I can see why he would not wish to discuss the sordid issues Piers would want to have discussed.

by Anonymousreply 34June 21, 2018 2:53 PM

Ironic.

by Anonymousreply 35June 21, 2018 2:55 PM

[quote] Getting old is a bitch.

Ridgeley's looks are not just aging. It has been narcotically enhanced. Just say no to drugs, kids! That said, he's still handsome.

by Anonymousreply 36June 21, 2018 2:57 PM

"Getting old is a bitch."

One should establish a relationship with a well-trained surgeon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 21, 2018 3:12 PM

His skin is too tan and he's losing his hair, but he's still very handsome and fit.

by Anonymousreply 38June 21, 2018 3:13 PM

Not certain that’s a tan. He is half Egyptian.

by Anonymousreply 39June 21, 2018 3:26 PM

R33, are you familiar with something called "the elephant in the room"?

by Anonymousreply 40June 21, 2018 3:28 PM

NOT everyone is willing to spill everything personal on a talk show for its ratings. Suck it up Morgan.

by Anonymousreply 41June 21, 2018 3:51 PM

Wow, Andrew should go into politics or PR, that was some smooth talking.

by Anonymousreply 42June 21, 2018 4:09 PM

Morgan should have gone to prison over the City Slickers business; he missed it by the skin of his teeth.

by Anonymousreply 43June 21, 2018 4:23 PM

[quote]Morgan should have gone to prison over the City Slickers business; he missed it by the skin of his teeth.

That's my boy!

by Anonymousreply 44June 21, 2018 4:28 PM

Piers Morgan is the scum of the earth. Calling someone else an insufferable dick?

by Anonymousreply 45June 21, 2018 4:35 PM

R13: Hi Piers. You're a feckless cunt. Hugs and kisses.

by Anonymousreply 46June 21, 2018 4:54 PM

If Piers Morgan were to die in a grease fire, people would show up with camcorders and cell phones.

by Anonymousreply 47June 21, 2018 5:32 PM

R38 losing?

AR handled himself with immense dignity if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 48June 21, 2018 7:55 PM

R39 Yeah, people forget it, but Wham! was actually pretty ethnically diverse for the time - two first generation immigrants who's fathers were from Egypt and Greece. I believe Andrew's Italian on his mother's side as well.

And yes, btw, he's very attractive and I'm glad he grew his hair out. He doesn't have much but it's far better than his shorter look at the Brit Awards last year.

by Anonymousreply 49June 22, 2018 4:36 AM

Beef Of The Week: Piers Morgan v Andrew Ridgeley

Andrew Ridgeley, formerly of Wham!, appeared on ITV’s ‘Good Morning Britain’ earlier this week in order to discuss a charity bike ride he’d taken part in recently. But when presenter Piers Morgan tried to move the conversation over to Ridgeley’s former bandmate George Michael, things turned awkward, resulting in Morgan later calling his guest an “insufferable dick” on Twitter.

Yes, you read that right. Piers Morgan called someone an “insufferable dick”. Piers Morgan. The Piers Morgan. You know him, the diskish insufferable one. Piers. Morgan. That’s what he called another person. Even though that should probably be his very own Twitter bio. Nevertheless, he called someone else an “insufferable dick”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 22, 2018 7:26 PM

pot calling the kettle black

by Anonymousreply 51June 22, 2018 9:03 PM

Real recognize real

by Anonymousreply 52June 22, 2018 9:05 PM

Does Andrew have a history of drug use?

by Anonymousreply 53June 22, 2018 9:22 PM

Andrew and his beard fakin it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 22, 2018 9:25 PM

Andrew was the lucky one. He has had a great life with out ever getting a real job.

by Anonymousreply 55June 22, 2018 9:33 PM

[quote]Really? Andrew Ridgely arranged for George Michael to be bashed in the knee with a pipe?

[quote]—What a particularly stupid false equivalency

You’re kidding, right? You thought I was comparing their experiences? JESUS, I’m talking about Harding being invited to promote something on a talk show and then refusing to answer questions about Kerrigan...you silly twat.

Why else would they agree to have her on the show?

by Anonymousreply 56June 23, 2018 9:18 AM

Piers Morgan has a mouth like a prolapsed anus. Andrew is a class act.

by Anonymousreply 57June 23, 2018 12:41 PM

Team Andrew here.

by Anonymousreply 58June 23, 2018 12:49 PM

Morgan is a HUGE Trump supporter. Probably makes him feel important. Trash attracts trash.

by Anonymousreply 59June 23, 2018 12:51 PM

Fuck Morgan, that stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 60June 23, 2018 12:53 PM

Piers Morgan is an arrogant basted. Piers Morgan and Trump have a lot in common.

by Anonymousreply 61June 24, 2018 10:25 AM

Maybe if Trump grabs the pussy good enough he can wrangle a Knighthood for Piers.

by Anonymousreply 62June 24, 2018 2:40 PM

Am I the only one who thinks Piers is gay?

by Anonymousreply 63June 24, 2018 2:42 PM

A notable benefit of Trump being downgraded from a UK State Visit is that Piers Moron can't hope for an invitation to a glittering State Dinner at Buckingham Palace.

As a courtesy to the US guest of honour, the Palace would have offered Trump a guest list of desired invitees - and among the trash Trump counts as English friends are Moron, and of course that other enlightened charmer Nigel Farage.

If you think Moron is insufferable now (and he is), just imagine his tweets after attending a Palace State Dinner. Those at least we've (so far) been spared.

by Anonymousreply 64June 24, 2018 3:08 PM

Piers Morgan is such a has been. So glad he failed in America. We got rid of him and now he is back in the U.K.

by Anonymousreply 65June 26, 2018 12:34 PM

Really tacky of Piers. Ridgeley looks ok, in shape.

Were Ridgeley and George Michael ever a couple?

by Anonymousreply 66June 26, 2018 12:51 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67June 26, 2018 12:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!