Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Taylor Swift Forced To Give Away Free Tickets To Shows Cause No One Is Buying

The singer has also struggled to sell out UK stadiums, after reports that she sold 38,000 of the 56,000 available tickets for her first night in Manchester.

The Irish Girl Guides said that it had been contacted and given 200 tickets to the Irish dates, which it had initially offered to its members through a competition before giving them out on a first come, first served, basis.

It is understood that a number of other charities were offered tickets, including the Ana Liffey Drug Project, which helps those facing addiction issues. Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin also confirmed that it had received tickets and thanked MCD for its “support and generosity”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 1, 2018 7:21 AM

I din't think I have ever hears a song by her. I have no intention of seeking her out either. Can she actually sing in tune, live?

by Anonymousreply 1June 21, 2018 5:03 AM

I'm not saying she isn't slipping, but 38k tickets sold - that's a huge concert even if it isn't filling that stadium. Maybe it's time for her to drop down to multipurpose/sports arenas where they play hockey and basketball and sit between 15 and 20k.

by Anonymousreply 2June 21, 2018 5:06 AM

I've seen her dance. Has anyone mistakenly called 911 about a girl having a seizure on stage?

by Anonymousreply 3June 21, 2018 5:08 AM

Free is still too much to pay.

by Anonymousreply 4June 21, 2018 5:21 AM

I think her demographic has moved on to Ariana Grande.....that is and always was her competition but Taylor was too busy staging bearded relationships and playing victim to Katy & Kanye. The constant drama and playing victim I think lowkey turned her fans off a bit. Plus her last album was very very bad. Performance/ Live wise she’s gotten worst over the years. She’s vocally weak and shaky when hitting power notes (Look up her “Shake It Off” Performances on YouTube and you’ll see what I mean) Her runway stage walk / strut is also lanky, ungraceful and weak.........and overall mess. It’s like she’s acting like she’s commanding the stage istead of actually owning it. If her and her team were smart, they would have never put her in the pop category in the first place. Bitch stick to what you know! COUNTRY! She should have went the country/ rockstar route with a bit of a pop crossover feel. Instead she went full on sale out Pop. Taylor it’s time to start singing songs that sound like they’re coming from a grown woman and not a fucking teenager. “Reputation” was terrible. Go back to your guitar or better yet? Pick up a fucking electric guitar and get more aggressive and show some real attitude. Demi, Ariana, and Miley have gotten her beat by maturing their sounds while keeping their material fresh.....Taylor’s schtik is still stuck in the mid 00’s and that’s what’s hurting her.

by Anonymousreply 5June 21, 2018 6:29 AM

This is why I think Gaga will have the last laugh. She has a solid fanbase and knows how to change her style and sound. And, unlike most pop stars, has the musical and vocal chops to do so effectively. She might not ever be the biggest thing in the world again, but she'll always be relevant (to certain degree) - like Madonna or Cher.

by Anonymousreply 6June 21, 2018 6:39 AM

Hilarious she thought she would fly under the radar of giving tickers as goodwill/charity and not as desperately needing to fill seats but everyone saw through her ploy. She must be very pissed as she thinks she's slick as hell.

by Anonymousreply 7June 21, 2018 6:50 AM

Great post R5. Somebody knows their shit! It's mostly worthless shit but....

by Anonymousreply 8June 21, 2018 6:53 AM

Total agreement with R5. Taylor Swift is a one trick pony and her relationships seemed weird. She got lucky with 'shake it off'.

by Anonymousreply 9June 21, 2018 7:36 AM

“Because”, OP, not “cause”.

by Anonymousreply 10June 21, 2018 8:42 AM

R8 Um? Pop culture is shit. Did you expect me to talk about world politics because ah, it’s pretty shitty too at this point.

by Anonymousreply 11June 22, 2018 8:21 AM

Didn't Beyoncé also struggle to sell tickets in the UK? Does anyone know how many did she sell?

by Anonymousreply 12June 22, 2018 9:44 AM

This was several years ago, but my niece said her high school made an announcement at the end of the cay that FREE tickets from a radio station for Taylor Swift's show that night were available in the lobby. She said available meant thousands of free tickets but no one said she couldn't sell out on her own. Turns out that particular concert was being filmed live so the stain of embarrassment was afoot. My niece, bless her, said she and friends took a pass.

by Anonymousreply 13June 22, 2018 10:25 AM

Who is this Taylor Swift person? Did she used to sing or something?

by Anonymousreply 14June 22, 2018 2:30 PM

[quote]The singer has also struggled to sell out UK stadiums

You don't throw over Our Tom and expect to get out unharmed.

by Anonymousreply 15June 22, 2018 2:35 PM

I think the bloom is off her career. Her latest singled bombed.

by Anonymousreply 16June 22, 2018 2:41 PM

I should have such problems!

by Anonymousreply 17June 22, 2018 2:56 PM

Yah. Suck it Taylor, you no-talent narcissist. HA-HA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

by Anonymousreply 18June 22, 2018 3:02 PM

I hear that Jane Jacket is going door-to-door, lip-syncing "Control" to people who wouldn't *mind* seeing a Jane Jacket concert.

by Anonymousreply 19June 22, 2018 3:11 PM

[quote]I hear that Jane Jacket is going door-to-door, lip-syncing "Control"

Just as a side trip, in the 90s, I saw a short film that a drag queen did dressed as Carol Channing. The idea was that Carol would go door to door performing Dolly. It was so funny and I wish that I had asked for a copy. In the end, the Carol doppelganger was walking down this busy highway, in the Dolly garb, on the way to the next neighborhood.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

by Anonymousreply 20June 22, 2018 3:19 PM

Ooh R19, the people living in Encino must be excited. Does she give a Baja Fresh gift card too?

by Anonymousreply 21June 22, 2018 3:20 PM

R20 It's a Michael West joke. He used to do it as Carol Channing.

He's not a drag queen, per se. He is an impressionist, who does lots of performers.

by Anonymousreply 22June 22, 2018 3:22 PM

I wonder what is it about Ariana makes her Taylor’s biggest competition? Anyone pop experts know? Even TS’s own people said as much after Red when they were preparing their marketing strategy for 1989.

Rihanna, Adele, Beyonce and Nicki have their own quite disparate styles so they’re not really set up against each other, so it’s funny to see Taylor’s juggernaut biting off more then it can chew by going too big with tuneless music and concerts no one can afford.

Her problem is that she writes personal diary type songs which are quite literal. And her latest diaries are all about how hard it is to control your brand when you cultivate feuds and manufacture girl power and engage in showmances. Because it’s the Trump era now and she is acting like a selfish little bitch. That snake shit and the I heart TS shirts are so petty.

by Anonymousreply 23June 22, 2018 3:36 PM

Ariana and Taylor are both going after the young girl demo. But Ariana is seen as cooler -- and can sing.

I think Rihanna and Beyonce compete. Beyonce gets all the praise, but Rihanna gets the hits. (As supposedly they competed for Jay Z's dick)

by Anonymousreply 24June 22, 2018 3:50 PM

'1989' was huge, so her venture into pop was a total flop. Ariana is still searching for her first #1 even if charts are less important now.

by Anonymousreply 25June 22, 2018 3:58 PM

[quote] Free is still too much to pay.

Amen!

by Anonymousreply 26June 22, 2018 4:02 PM

[quote] I think Rihanna and Beyonce compete. Beyonce gets all the praise, but Rihanna gets the hits. (As supposedly they competed for Jay Z's dick)

Yes, well, even there Beyonce gets all the praise and Rihanna gets all the hits.

by Anonymousreply 27June 22, 2018 4:06 PM

How awful for her...

by Anonymousreply 28June 22, 2018 4:11 PM

[quote]'1989' was huge

Yes, but her follow-up was not. Even though it was promoted more than any release I have ever seen. Wasn't she on all the UPS trucks?

by Anonymousreply 29June 22, 2018 4:23 PM

r22, I love you!! I didn't know his name, but I've found the short on YouTube!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 22, 2018 4:31 PM

Thanks guys- that is hysterical!

by Anonymousreply 31June 22, 2018 5:01 PM

R30 Thank you for posting that. What's odd is that he didn't use his best line: "For people who wouldn't MIND seeing Dolly."

by Anonymousreply 32June 22, 2018 5:24 PM

His website is no more. And I can't find Michael West on Twitter.

He used to perform in Atlanta in the 1980s. Then like RuPaul,, he moved to NYC. I know he was in shows there.

What is he doing now?

by Anonymousreply 33June 22, 2018 5:36 PM

If her tour continues being this blah she’ll drop a “surprise”’ lo-fi folk-pop album of dark duets. I’m thinking Handsome Family, Mumford, Niall, Ryan Adams and Miley.

by Anonymousreply 34June 23, 2018 1:46 AM

I don't think she's as popular in the British Isles. Her popularity has always been very US centric.

by Anonymousreply 35June 23, 2018 1:45 PM

Maybe she should release a sex tape?

by Anonymousreply 36June 28, 2018 5:48 AM

I never could stand her music (one or two songs are OK), but that said - I am not and never will be her demographic. Her talents are limited IMHO and she has become a global superstar despite her lack of genuine singing ability (as for her song writing skills....well........hmmmm....she has won awards I guess). That said, Taylor has produced lots and lots of HITS. Rihanna also has a TON of HITS to her credit. Beyonce only has a about 3 recognizable songs (Single Ladies being her primary hit). Same goes for Ariana Grande (One Less Problem being her primary). All of them are interesting and somewhat talented in their own unique ways, but some of the current artists generate hits and others generate a lot of hype.

by Anonymousreply 37June 28, 2018 6:08 AM

many many empty seats when we saw her

she tired

by Anonymousreply 38June 28, 2018 6:20 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 28, 2018 7:28 AM

I wish she were a better dancer. I'd go see her then.

by Anonymousreply 40June 28, 2018 12:33 PM

R36 That's not necessary.

by Anonymousreply 41June 28, 2018 6:07 PM

She is an awful performer.

by Anonymousreply 42June 28, 2018 6:09 PM

Another needlessy greyed out/red-tagged thread

by Anonymousreply 43July 31, 2018 7:03 AM

Anyone saying that Ariana Grande has usurped Taylor is out of their minds. Her last 2 singles have bombed hard and Ari's album isn't even due out for another month. Which might explain why she's ginning up interest in her love life by getting engaged to head case Pete Davidson after a month of dating. At least Taylor has kept her relationship with Joe Alwyn out of the public eye after getting burned by her over the top promo show that was her romance with Tom Hiddleston.

by Anonymousreply 44July 31, 2018 7:18 AM

R44 Totally agree. She's been very good about only leaking a few photos of her PRomance with the obviously gay man she's paying to date her.

by Anonymousreply 45July 31, 2018 6:06 PM

No one expects Taylor and fuggo Joe to last. He’ll be cheating soon.

by Anonymousreply 46August 1, 2018 7:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!