Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Summer Classic Movies Thread

Discuss the old favorites you watch on summer nights.

In the summer I like to watch wretched action-packed dark melodramas, violent film noir, and gory and scary fright flicks. Douglas Sirk, Nicolas Ray,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 21, 2018 3:34 AM

Johnny Guitar

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 21, 2018 2:14 AM

Lana

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 21, 2018 2:17 AM

I ALWAYS watch Jaws on the Fourth of July.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 21, 2018 2:22 AM

I do too, R3. And Independence Day and I Know What You Did Last Summer.

by Anonymousreply 4June 21, 2018 2:43 AM

Shakespeare renditions. For some reason, I always end up watching these in Summer. "Romeo and Juliet", 1968 and 1996. "A Midsummer Night's Dream", 1935 and 1999.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 21, 2018 2:46 AM

Thats a good suggestion R5

by Anonymousreply 6June 21, 2018 2:58 AM

Some of us eat while perusing DL, OP. That pic...gurl...

by Anonymousreply 7June 21, 2018 3:26 AM

Sorry R7, Crawford is pretty scary!

by Anonymousreply 8June 21, 2018 3:29 AM

I watch "Foul Play" every summer. It's just a perfect summer action comedy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 21, 2018 3:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!