Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DC braces for a Charlottesville-type "Alt-Right" racist rally

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The organizer of a far-right rally last year in Charlottesville, Virginia, that turned deadly is planning to hold a rally near the White House in Washington on the first anniversary of the event, federal officials said on Wednesday.

Jason Kessler filed an application last month and it has been approved to hold what he described as a "white civil rights rally" on Aug. 11-12, although a permit has not yet been issued, Mike Litterst, a spokesman for the National Park Service, said in an email.

Kessler organized the Aug. 12, 2017 "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville that drew international attention when a suspected white nationalist crashed his car into a crowd of counterprotesters, killing one woman. U.S. President Donald Trump inflamed tensions when he said both sides were to blame for the violence.

The rally in Charlottesville, home to the flagship campus of the University of Virginia, followed months of protests over the city's proposed removal of a statue of Confederate General Robert E. Lee.

Kessler previously has denied the Virginia event was intended to provoke violence, contending the counterprotesters sparked the fighting and blaming police for failing to protect his group. He did not respond to a request for comment on Wednesday.

In a redacted copy of the application posted online, Kessler estimated 400 people would attend the Washington rally, and added he would work with law enforcement during the event.

Kessler also has applied to hold an event in Charlottesville, but that was denied due to concerns over public safety, according to Virginia ABC TV affiliate WSET.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 22, 2018 4:24 AM

This will not end well for the nazis.

If their estimate of 400 protesters is accurate, they will be dwarfed and completely overwhelmed by counter protesters. Thousands of demonstrators will shout them down. Politicians will wax eloquently in their condemnation. The media will recoil in horror at the hate filled speeches.. The Nazis know this and don’t care; their aim is to provoke and recruit. I hope 10,000 antifa show up to spoil their plans. And by “spoil their plans” I mean kick their Waffen-SS asses.

by Anonymousreply 1June 21, 2018 3:40 AM

Wow. They are going to get the everloving crap kicked out of them, and I for one, wish I could attend with a super soaker filled with piss and dog shit. I would douse them head to foot.

by Anonymousreply 2June 21, 2018 3:43 AM

Isn't DC like over 70% African American.

This will end in tears. For the nazi scum.

by Anonymousreply 3June 21, 2018 3:57 AM

Kessler is such a pudgy little elf. Pay attention to meeeeeeee! Uh-oh! I forgot I’m a big pussy! Better lay low and go back to my Keebler tree and make some cookies! They’re magically delicious!

by Anonymousreply 4June 21, 2018 4:06 AM

Let's revisit the delicious moment when this pussy-mouth motherfucker got manhandled by a girl, shall we?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 21, 2018 4:15 AM

Not this shit again. Didn’t they have one in Boston last year that was a big nothing.

by Anonymousreply 6June 21, 2018 4:23 AM

[quote]and I for one, wish I could attend with a super soaker filled with piss and dog shit. I would douse them head to foot.

That could only improve their smell.

by Anonymousreply 7June 21, 2018 4:28 AM

A woman took him down. Excellent! Fight like a girl!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 21, 2018 4:29 AM

It's funny how dumbasses on here including enabling liberals always attack "SJW" and real liberals, and ignore these actual attention whores.

by Anonymousreply 9June 21, 2018 4:30 AM

I'm perfectly okay with this because it reminds people that Republicans are Nazis (as if the caging children wasn't enough). In fact, they should move it up even closer to the mid-term elections.

by Anonymousreply 10June 21, 2018 4:42 AM

God. Kessler is such a little bitch. Let's hope this rally is attended by some of the Redskins starting lineup who will tear him limb from limb slowly and methodically.

by Anonymousreply 11June 21, 2018 4:44 AM

A week after Heather Heyer was killed in Charlottesville while demonstrating against the WNs, Kessler got on Twitter calling her "fat and disgusting."

How has this guy not been murdered yet? Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 12June 21, 2018 4:54 AM

[quote]Kessler got on Twitter calling her "fat and disgusting."

Well there's a projection, if ever there was one.

by Anonymousreply 13June 21, 2018 6:47 AM

DC isn't bracing for shit. DC is hungry for a beatdown.

by Anonymousreply 14June 21, 2018 8:24 AM

Seriously, the ladies are taking off their earrings.

by Anonymousreply 15June 21, 2018 8:25 AM

This will go over well. D.C. is ready for you guys. We’ll be waiting.

by Anonymousreply 16June 21, 2018 9:43 AM

And their high heels R15?

by Anonymousreply 17June 21, 2018 9:53 AM

If no one had turned out to counter protest in Charlottesville, the news coverage would have been “news of the wacky” and Heather Heyer would still be alive.

I totally understand the instinct to push back when you’re pushed. But Charlottesville was done to provoke anger and violence — that’s why the fascists showed up armed and armoured, and that’s why they charged the counterprotestors when they weren’t attacked. So, wouldn’t the best response be to ignore them?

by Anonymousreply 18June 21, 2018 11:01 AM

You think with all that's going on [italic]now[/italic] the best solution is to stay home and eat sheet cake? And you sound like an insurance agent. Well, if you had stayed home, you wouldn't have been hit by that car, so it's really your fault isn't it? Claim denied!

by Anonymousreply 19June 21, 2018 2:22 PM

What would be best would be if the left stayed home. Instead, going and getting into fights and harming the nazis, physically harming them is going to make the nazis look sympathetic. And I hate the nazis but I think the best thing to do is ignore them.

by Anonymousreply 20June 21, 2018 2:32 PM

All whites are white nationalists. This is a white country. Anything else is dreamer.

by Anonymousreply 21June 21, 2018 2:37 PM

Gay rage is so dysfunctional. Direct your rage at blacks or Jews.

by Anonymousreply 22June 21, 2018 2:39 PM

[quote]What would be best would be if the left stayed home. Instead, going and getting into fights and harming the nazis, physically harming them is going to make the nazis look sympathetic. And I hate the nazis but I think the best thing to do is ignore them.

Watching Richard Spencer get punched by a DC antifa made me laugh my ass off. Watching Keebler elf Kessler run away from his "press conference" (oh my sides!) like the fat bitch he is was hilarious, too. And they are both alive and well enough to live another day whining like the losers they are. It's Heather Meyer who is dead.

by Anonymousreply 23June 21, 2018 2:46 PM

[quote] Watching Richard Spencer get punched by a DC antifa made me laugh my ass off

Get ready for a repeat!

Can't wait to see him get another BEAT DOWN in DC!

by Anonymousreply 24June 21, 2018 6:44 PM

Kessler is a German name. Big surprise.

by Anonymousreply 25June 21, 2018 7:31 PM

Jason Kessler and any other American citizen has the right to lawfully assemble, whether you agree with their opinions or viewpoints or not. Whether you realize it or not, there is an organized effort RIGHT NOW in this country to try to make it law that ANY assembly of WHITE AMERICANS be considered terroristic and unlawful. Take one wild guess who is behind this effort. As you can imagine, the more whites that catch on to this, the shit is going to eventually hit the fan. Hence, the assembly. So please, do go and protest against Kessler's peaceful assembly. Play right into his hands! You might think Kessler, Spencer, etc are idiots but they are dumb like foxes, more importantly they aren't the ones you need to be worrying about, worry about the ones that you never see in public.

by Anonymousreply 26June 21, 2018 7:46 PM

What happened to the guy who ran over that girl? Media hasn’t reported much.

by Anonymousreply 27June 21, 2018 8:15 PM

Who is behind it r26? I’m assuming you’re speaking of TrumpCo?

by Anonymousreply 28June 21, 2018 8:17 PM

No Trump is not behind it. Start with ADL and SPLC, look at who funds them and who they ultimately serve.

by Anonymousreply 29June 21, 2018 8:24 PM

R26/29 is a right wing kook POS.

by Anonymousreply 30June 21, 2018 8:30 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking, R30.

Someone let the ALT-RIGHT freaks in here, and now we can't get rid of them.

They're like cockroaches.

by Anonymousreply 31June 21, 2018 8:33 PM

[quote]What would be best would be if the left stayed home. Instead, going and getting into fights and harming the nazis, physically harming them is going to make the nazis look sympathetic.

[italic]Nazis[/italic] look sympathetic? Did you stick a fork in an electric socket recently?

by Anonymousreply 32June 21, 2018 10:24 PM

Kill them all. Kill them.

by Anonymousreply 33June 21, 2018 11:31 PM

The apathetic Commie bot is trying to spread their particular brand of nihilistic advice. Fuck off you lazy drunk. We'll protest what we want when we want. Nobody asked for your lazy apathetic money-grubbing twat opinion anyway. Go roast an orphan and eat it or something.

by Anonymousreply 34June 22, 2018 2:56 AM

[quote]What happened to the guy who ran over that girl? Media hasn’t reported much.

He’s been charged with first degree murder.

by Anonymousreply 35June 22, 2018 2:59 AM

The best part of this is how much these Nazi morons underestimate DC cops. They theibk they'll stand by nicely like in Virginia. Once these turds act up, the cops will start cracking their heads open.

Lord they're stupid.

by Anonymousreply 36June 22, 2018 4:10 AM

This will only end in tears - theirs.

by Anonymousreply 37June 22, 2018 4:13 AM

There is nothing wrong with whites defending their country. We have had a negro president. That should tell u that something is wrong with the voting system and immigration. Why on earth would a Kenyan be allowed in America.

by Anonymousreply 38June 22, 2018 4:15 AM

So lame, R38.

You get an "F" for trolling. 0/10

by Anonymousreply 39June 22, 2018 4:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!