Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sister remembers her gay brother

The writer was the sister of Richard Greenberg, known for creating many famous movie titles (graphics).

I know he's not a household name but I thought this was a very sweet, but honest, remembrance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 22, 2018 1:13 PM

Amazing that his death seems to have gone unnoticed by most media websites. He really was a genius...

by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2018 10:14 PM

Thank you, OP.

I enjoyed reading this.

His graphics are memorable.

by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2018 10:16 PM

That was so moving OP. What a lovely tribute from his sister too.

by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2018 10:36 PM

R1 She says she wrote an obituary for the NYT for him but I did not see it there, not yet, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 4June 20, 2018 11:08 PM

Wait, I think I misread that. The article shared here IS the obit.

*emily litella voice* never mind!

by Anonymousreply 5June 20, 2018 11:12 PM

A link to his work

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 20, 2018 11:25 PM

Thank you OP. What a beautiful tribute to her brother.

I am envious of siblings who remain close through their adult lives. It's a very special gift for those who are able to maintain that connection.

by Anonymousreply 7June 20, 2018 11:28 PM

Thanks, OP. That was so honest and moving. But now I'm in tears.

by Anonymousreply 8June 20, 2018 11:59 PM

Thanks for linking this story, OP. Would not have discovered it otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 9June 21, 2018 1:02 AM

Beautiful recounting of a sibling’s life with no platitudes or cliches. He made his choices and she doesn’t explain them away or apologize for them. Very dignified in its honesty.

by Anonymousreply 10June 21, 2018 1:49 AM

She loved him as he was, which is a very lucky thing for anyone.

by Anonymousreply 11June 21, 2018 1:19 PM

[quote] A year and a half ago, he was being treated for both drug and sex addiction in a fancy rehab facility in Marin County. At 3 a.m., he decided “enough,” and tried to escape. When a nurse stopped him, he hit her with his walker.

Not bad for a then 70 year old.

by Anonymousreply 12June 21, 2018 1:46 PM

[quote] A year and a half ago, he was being treated for both drug and sex addiction in a fancy rehab facility in Marin County.

Sex addiction? At his age? What. A. Perv!

by Anonymousreply 13June 21, 2018 1:58 PM

Thanks, OP. This was such a moving article

by Anonymousreply 14June 21, 2018 3:36 PM

"I think she's tremendous!"

by Anonymousreply 15June 21, 2018 11:59 PM

The ex-wife is never named or revealed.

by Anonymousreply 16June 22, 2018 12:30 AM

Cant believe he died of burst appendix. I had appendicitis years ago - it was the most painful stomach ache i ever had. i knew right away its something serious. he must've knew.

by Anonymousreply 17June 22, 2018 12:59 AM

The fact that he didn't call for help means that he essentially committed suicide.

by Anonymousreply 18June 22, 2018 1:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!