Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

If You could buy any NEW car today what would It Be?

Excited to hear. I’m looking to buy a new car within six months. I Want your expert opinions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140August 2, 2018 8:44 PM

Bentley Continental GT or the Rolls-Royce Dawn

by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2018 10:05 PM

I recently checked out Kia and was kind of impressed.

by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2018 10:09 PM

Jeep Rubicon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2018 10:11 PM

$40K for a piece of crap built by Fiat/Chrysler, whose reputation is just slightly ahead of Yugo? Money to burn, eh R3.

Looking at a Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla, the base models. I could afford to buy more, but it's a fucking car that will depreciate 30% the moment I drive it off the lot. Don't need/want leather upholstery, moon roof, and a IBM System 36 sized onboard computer. My only real need is A/C and a backup camera.

by Anonymousreply 4June 20, 2018 10:19 PM

Like R1 A Bentley, but most likely the Mulsanne because I prefer sedans.

by Anonymousreply 5June 20, 2018 10:26 PM

Probably the same car I have now: a Camry Hybrid XLE. Reliable, comfortable, great gas mileage (I average about 38 mpg in mixed driving, 50 mpg on vacations with lots of highway driving), excellent safety features and amenities.

by Anonymousreply 6June 20, 2018 10:26 PM

Yep R4 I have a 5 yo Wrangler and would love to upgrade. Love driving it around backroads in the Hudson Valley. Have a sun roof for it too, and a soft top. Darn good fun in summer!

by Anonymousreply 7June 20, 2018 10:28 PM

Lexus. Probably one of the smaller sedans.

by Anonymousreply 8June 20, 2018 10:34 PM

Acura

by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2018 10:43 PM

I love my Kia.

by Anonymousreply 10June 20, 2018 10:45 PM

OP here - I was looking at a Honda Fit.

by Anonymousreply 11June 20, 2018 10:45 PM

What do you need in a vehicle? Generally I find that people recommend the car that they themselves purchased; it suits them and it also justifies their decision. But what do you want? Price range? AWD? Great mileage? Something to impress? Are you particularly short, or tall, or fat and will the vehicle have to accommodate that? Do you like to sit up high in traffic? Convertible? Do you have a preference on where it is made?

by Anonymousreply 12June 20, 2018 10:47 PM

I would buy the most environmental conscious car I could afford. Best gas mileage. I am with all of the above. Immediate depreciation driving off the lot. A more basic car, like the said Camry Hybrid sounds perfect. Insurance costs are less for 4 door sedans.

by Anonymousreply 13June 20, 2018 10:52 PM

OP here - sporty, fun car. Nothing to extravagant. Always have owned Honda’s. Still keeping my Honda Pilot for partner. Mostly a commuter car. I have extremely long legs, so seats have to be big. Average size, 15 lbs overweight. I really like the Nissan Murano too.

by Anonymousreply 14June 20, 2018 10:54 PM

I'd replace my old Chevy C-1500 work truck. I initially was excited to hear that Ford is bringing back the Ranger for 2019, after almost a decade, but the redesigned line has only a SUV-like crew cab/short bed. That puts me back in Chevy territory, the mid-size Colorado or GMC Canyon, long bed, near base level.

by Anonymousreply 15June 20, 2018 10:54 PM

BMW M760i or Mercedes S600 Maybach both specced up to the hilt.

by Anonymousreply 16June 20, 2018 10:55 PM

"I really like the Nissan Murano too."

I rented 2017 Murano to go on a road trip of 2000 miles round trip. It was entirely interstate driving and the thing sucked up gas like a Hoover. And this was in the spring of 2017, when gas was still $2.40-2.60/gallon.

Nice vehicle otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 17June 20, 2018 11:00 PM

BMW X2. There are very few around and they look like no other BMW around. Gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 18June 20, 2018 11:00 PM

If money was no object but I could only have one car? Probably something like a Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet because this car is gonna be about ME and I don't give a shit if it only hauls one other person comfortably.

The more real-world answer would be a BMW 3-Series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 20, 2018 11:02 PM

R17 great feedback

by Anonymousreply 20June 20, 2018 11:02 PM

Vintage E type Jag.

by Anonymousreply 21June 20, 2018 11:06 PM

I love the Acura RDX, but overall it gets sub-par reviews, so I wouldn't buy one.

by Anonymousreply 22June 20, 2018 11:06 PM

Anything from Bristol UK. They are the last of the handbuilt UK cars with tons of character. 99% of people have never heard of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 20, 2018 11:07 PM

Honda Fit????

by Anonymousreply 24June 20, 2018 11:08 PM

I think OP was looking for NEW cars, R21. But if you want to battle over sexy British cars, I'll see your E-Type and raise you a Tuscan. :P

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 20, 2018 11:09 PM

R25 damn!!!

by Anonymousreply 26June 20, 2018 11:11 PM

Next year I'm going to replace my Acura TSX with a Mazda CX5

by Anonymousreply 27June 20, 2018 11:21 PM

[quote]OP here - sporty, fun car. Nothing to extravagant. Always have owned Honda’s. Still keeping my Honda Pilot for partner. Mostly a commuter car. I have extremely long legs, so seats have to be big. Average size, 15 lbs overweight. I really like the Nissan Murano too.

If you’re looking for a sedan, OP, I think you should consider the new 2018 Honda Accord.

I have test-driven it, and it drives really well. Plenty of leg room for a tall person. Adequate power, sporty handling, reliable, and efficient.

Most of the car mags are rating it best-in-Class.

by Anonymousreply 28June 20, 2018 11:52 PM

I bought a 2017 Mercedes Benz E300 last year, and I love it

by Anonymousreply 29June 21, 2018 12:00 AM

Just bought a Honda Fit about a month ago OP. Love it. Handles well, great gas mileage & I can always find a parking spot. Also really affordable.

by Anonymousreply 30June 21, 2018 12:01 AM

A Stinger.

by Anonymousreply 31June 21, 2018 12:25 AM

Toyota 4Runner Limited. Leather, premium sound system, sunroof.

First runner up would be a Toyota Highlander Limited.

I don’t need luxury (at least not much) but I must have reliability. I think I hate fixing cars more than any other expense. So far my 2006 Toyota has had one non maintenance repair ever, knock on wood. That’s acceptable. My last ‘American’ car was a Dodge. Timing belt blew at 25k miles and head gasket at 55k. It’s been all Made in Japan for me ever since.

by Anonymousreply 32June 21, 2018 1:54 AM

Always and always and always buy Japanese cars . It’s very reliable and therefore low maintenance costs. They also hold values much longer.

If you want a luxury car, go for BMW or Lexus. No Audi and Mercedes

by Anonymousreply 33June 21, 2018 2:07 AM

I just bought a new Subaru Outback (no, I'm not a lesbian.) Got the top-of-the-line, with all the bells and whistles. I really wanted it for all of the included safety equipment/features. I looked at more expensive stuff, like Lexus and Infiniti, but even though I could've easily afforded them, I just couldn't justify spending that kind of money on a car. They're just not THAT much better than non-luxury cars-- to me, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 34June 21, 2018 2:07 AM

Just bought a new Honda HRV EX. Fun, practical, sharp design. Wanted better mileage over power.

by Anonymousreply 35June 21, 2018 2:17 AM

Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid

Oh wait, I just bought one!

It's awesome. Love it. I'd buy it all over again.

by Anonymousreply 36June 21, 2018 2:18 AM

Within reach: Lexus LC500

Not quite in reach: Aston Martin Rapide or Bentley Continental GT

by Anonymousreply 37June 21, 2018 2:22 AM

Another vote for the new BMW X2

by Anonymousreply 38June 21, 2018 2:32 AM

If I could I'd buy a new Mustang. Its totally impractical but I think it's the sexiest thing on 4 wheels.

by Anonymousreply 39June 21, 2018 2:33 AM

I'd never buy a gas-only car.

Since buying my Honda Clarity, I've spent a grand total of $15 on gasoline (that's six months worth of driving). Electric driving costs me about a dollar for every 40 miles or so... WAY cheaper than gas. And no emissions.

by Anonymousreply 40June 21, 2018 2:35 AM

CX5 is a very good choice.

by Anonymousreply 41June 21, 2018 2:50 AM

R40 aren't hybrid vehicles much more expensive than regular ones from the get go, taking a very long time to see the savings.

by Anonymousreply 42June 21, 2018 3:30 AM

Alfa Romeo 4c

by Anonymousreply 43June 21, 2018 3:39 AM

R42, the premium isn't that high anymore, and there are tons of benefits.

by Anonymousreply 44June 21, 2018 3:44 AM

Consumer Reports rates Audi brand highly. I have had four in the last 12 years and have had no problems.

by Anonymousreply 45June 21, 2018 3:46 AM

Never, ever 'buy new.' The new car's value depreciates faster than a tornado spins the moment it is driven off the sales lot.

by Anonymousreply 46June 21, 2018 3:50 AM

Subaru cross trek

by Anonymousreply 47June 21, 2018 3:57 AM

I have a Mazda CX-5. I plan to buy a new one in two years when the powertrain warranty expires.

by Anonymousreply 48June 21, 2018 4:05 AM

I love my little renegade! I bought it three years ago and it’s surprisingly roomy even for tall people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 21, 2018 4:06 AM

R46 nails it.

Bit if my theoretical rich uncle wasbuying, I wouldn't mind a new model of what I have already, a Toyota Tundra.

by Anonymousreply 50June 21, 2018 4:08 AM

I bought a new Honda. Lasted 13 years. Actually would have lasted a lot longer, but I really wanted a new car. Almost zero problems.

Totally worth it.

by Anonymousreply 51June 21, 2018 4:09 AM

R47 Agree! My husband and I just bought a new Subaru Cross Trek and love it! We both only drive manual transmission vehicles. I love my Nissan Frontier truck. Manual transmission and manual roll down windows. Call me old fashioned. I don’t want fancy shit, I want practicality.

by Anonymousreply 52June 21, 2018 4:28 AM

You couldn't PAY me to take a car with a manual transmission and manual roll-down windows. Ugh. Fuck no.

by Anonymousreply 53June 21, 2018 4:38 AM

Lexus GX460

by Anonymousreply 54June 21, 2018 4:53 AM

I have to say that in 15 years of driving this make and model, I can not imagine ever giving it up. It literally cradles you in luxury and buffers you from the outside world the moment that you start the engine. Unlike the S Class, this smaller guy is nimble, turns on a dime, accelerates like lightning and you can actually park it easily (the dimensions are not that of a freight train). This model/class is the most comfortable yet sexy car that I have ever owned. Yes, I have been through many new styles and renditions and they all were perfect. I don't think that you can go wrong with this vehicle:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 21, 2018 5:46 AM

2019 Audi A4 Prestige 2.0 with manual transmission. Manhattan gray metallic with nougat brown/black interior. Black optic plus package, Bang & Olufsen sound system, virtual cockpit, heads-up display, and the full complement of driver assistance options

by Anonymousreply 56June 21, 2018 6:04 AM

I'd take the minivan but I only need a vehicle to haul my drums around. '94 Aerostar, done.

by Anonymousreply 57June 21, 2018 6:08 AM

If you are buying a car in 2018 Make sure that it has blind spot warning/turn signal Technology. Different companies call this by different names and they’re all sorts of new safety features that are out there but the warning that comes when you are about to change lanes and there is a vehicle quickly approaching that you can’t see can save your life. Or save somebody else’s life.

I recently got a car and was only concerned with having a back up camera, which is fucking amazing and I love it. But I wasn’t aware of that Blindspot technology until it was too late And while I like my new car, there is no doubt I will need to get rid of it at the end of the lease.

A lot of cars currently offer front and side view cameras abd those would’ve been nice as well Because the front slope of my hood makes it impossible to tell where the front of the car is. But I manage. The blind spot warning thing is on a different level of importance

by Anonymousreply 58June 21, 2018 7:03 AM

Remember that when it comes to car leases, there is always a car company giving away a car for an incredible value. You can see all of the car lease deals online just by Googling June 2018 Car lease deals. And even look at those deals from the past few months just to get a sense of what the market is like. But you can usually end up with a car that cost five to $10,000 more than other car is being leased a comparable monthly cost. Also when leasing reliability is not as big of an issue because other than paying for new brakes at 20,000 miles, you have no additional costs.

by Anonymousreply 59June 21, 2018 7:09 AM

I got a new car recently and was looking at cars in the $18-$20,000 range. I was looking to lease and I really did not like the car as I was driving because at that price They were a step down.

By looking at lease specials online, I found that Acura was offering deep discounts on their low-end model. Long story short, it ended up costing me about $35 per month more to get a car with a sticker price that was about $10,000 higher and for the $35 I get leather seats, 25% more horsepower Which makes a massive difference, much better suspension and a lot less wind noise. And even though The car is nothing special, I can feel OK about pulling up to places in it whereas I was kind of embarrassed by the cars in the price class below it. I am very happy with the car And it was totally worth spending that extra money.

by Anonymousreply 60June 21, 2018 7:18 AM

r53 You couldn't pay me (and probably most people in the world) to drive an automatic, I don't know how Americans cope being forced to drive something without a clutch pedal, it's fucking terrifying.

This is always a problem renting cars at the airport in the US, you'd think with most of their customers being non Americans they would have the majority of their fleet manual transmissions.

by Anonymousreply 61June 21, 2018 7:26 AM

Mercedes CLS 550 Coupe. Diamond white metallic exterior with matte black accents, fully loaded, $95,870.00.

by Anonymousreply 62June 21, 2018 7:39 AM

A lot of people don't know how to drive stick, r61. I'm not one of them, but I have friends who never learned. Everyone can drive PRNDL, though. I live in a city where I drive up and down hills regularly, and I would not want to drive a standard transmission here. Plus, traffic is so slow much of the time, an automatic makes more sense. I suppose if I lived in Florida, I'd get a stick again.

by Anonymousreply 63June 21, 2018 7:57 AM

Ok, so I didn’t want to buy a brand new car here in Tampa either because my insurance payment would be too expensive, having not driven 20 years because I lived in NYC. Enterprise car rental resells fleet cars with a great selection of exotic brands as well. I bought a 2016 VW Beetle turbo convertible with 40K for almost half what a brand new one would be. It’s the best of both worlds because it performs like a much more expensive sports car, but was totally affordable at 17K. They redid the body recently so it has more longer, masculine look, and with the top down, it looks more like a Mercedes or Porsche.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 21, 2018 8:04 AM

[quote]BMW X2. There are very few around and they look like no other BMW around.

They look a lot like a Mercedes GLA though.

by Anonymousreply 65June 21, 2018 8:04 AM

[quote]with the top down, it looks more like a Mercedes or Porsche.

Oh, honey.

by Anonymousreply 66June 21, 2018 9:05 AM

Lmao poor man’s Porsche, hehe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67June 21, 2018 9:21 AM

Enterprise is worth taking a look , but if you have stellar credit bring your own financing. For a refundable deposit upon purchase they will transport the car to you to test drive if it’s not in your local area.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 21, 2018 9:42 AM

R61, where did you get your data that airport car rental customers are mostly non-American?

by Anonymousreply 69June 21, 2018 10:10 AM

BTW I owned a Porsche, and though it’s a great driving car, it cost an arm and a leg for repairs. I love my little bug specifically because it’s NOT pretentious but still comes from the very same German attention to design and build quality. The car is solid. We drove a Kia Soul in nashville last weekend and couldn’t believe the difference in how cheaply made it was,

by Anonymousreply 70June 21, 2018 10:13 AM

Volvo V90 wagon. Very safe and not bad to look at. Practical.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71June 21, 2018 11:25 AM

If you like the European luxury cars you should lease them and return them at the end of the lease because if you own them once the warranty runs out you will be stuck paying for expensive replacement parts and labor.

by Anonymousreply 72June 21, 2018 11:47 AM

R50 - I’m not a truck guy, but it’s amazing how Tundras practically appreciate in value.

by Anonymousreply 73June 21, 2018 1:52 PM

R61, I have no idea what the fuck is wrong with you, but something is deeply wrong with you. Driving a car with a clutch pedal is annoying and terrifying. Why the FUCK would you only want a car that requires ALL FOUR LIMBS to drive?

Shit, my Honda Clarity drives for me half the time on the freeway. My feet don't touch ANY pedals, it takes care of maintain assured clear distance, braking, accelerating, and basically taking all the stress out of driving. I just steer. It's awesome.

And if I sprain my ankle or my wrist, I don't have to worry that I can't drive anymore because I DON'T REQUIRE ALL FOUR LIMBS TO DRIVE. It's insanely backwards and prehistoric to actually have to manually shift and use both feet to drive and have to time everything perfectly and worry about the clutch going out or grinding gears... ugh. How fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 74June 21, 2018 11:19 PM

R74 wins.

by Anonymousreply 75June 21, 2018 11:50 PM

If I could afford it,Bentley Continental GT without question...maybe two years time! Last year,bought a Toyota Land Cruiser (perfect for a golfer who has friends) and as I drove it out the showroom in September,I asked the salesman when he wanted it back in and he said " next September",made quite an impression on me! Two free services and roadside assistance thrown in,the Japanese understand! FWIW,I had a Subaru Forester before...great car with no problems,wouldn't hesitate to recommend them as well.

by Anonymousreply 76June 21, 2018 11:50 PM

Probably a Porsche, but since I live in such an urban environment, I'd need to move somewhere more compatible.

by Anonymousreply 77June 21, 2018 11:52 PM

R74 your car sounds amazing.

by Anonymousreply 78June 22, 2018 12:33 AM

OP here I really want a VW Beetle. My partner is not in agreement. His dad said, tell your man those cars are nothing but problems. He worked in the car business all his life. I want want want, but refuse to upset his (and my now Dad).

by Anonymousreply 79June 22, 2018 4:51 AM

OP, my sister went through a Jetta and two different Beetles in the last decade. While the quality of finishes, etc. were best of class and all three were great handling cars - she had a lot of problems with each model. Service for VW cars is expensive. She spent as much on service calls as I have on the MB models that I have owned. The problem is that I rarely have any issues and her problems were rather frequent. Granted, she puts a lot of miles on her cars - but it was one issue after another. She finally gave up and bought an Infinity. No issues whatsoever to date. That was 3 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 80June 22, 2018 5:03 AM

A Ford Mustang GT just because it kind of looks like an engorged penis

And R74 needs to be able to serve tea and biscuits to the other passengers while driving his car

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81June 22, 2018 5:10 AM

R80 thank you for that great enlightening post. I just let my husband read it. He smiled. No bug for me.

by Anonymousreply 82June 22, 2018 5:10 AM

R81 wow great usage of the car. I love how you think outside of the box. What an excellent idea. :)

by Anonymousreply 83June 22, 2018 5:12 AM

R71, That new Volvo is gorgeous. If money were no option though, I'd go for the Jaguar XF S Sportbrake. Love a good wagon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84June 22, 2018 5:15 AM

This.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85June 22, 2018 6:02 AM

I love my Audi A4

by Anonymousreply 86June 22, 2018 6:32 AM

[quote]Shit, my Honda Clarity drives for me half the time on the freeway.

You are correct that you are not so much driving an automatic car, the car drives you.

by Anonymousreply 87June 22, 2018 7:13 AM

I noticed a few posters who are tRump sympathizers posting here. Tell us, what will you do when German made cars get slapped with tariffs?

by Anonymousreply 88June 22, 2018 7:15 AM

Two days ago I purchased a Lincoln Navigator "Reserve L" ........$108,000.00 Out the door............(with a 7 year / unlimited mile warranty).................. Huge huge huge........I love it

by Anonymousreply 89June 22, 2018 9:56 AM

MB E-Class AMG Wagon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90June 22, 2018 10:09 AM

Acura MDX.

by Anonymousreply 91June 23, 2018 1:58 AM

Another hot wagon, R90, Maybe they're making a comeback.

by Anonymousreply 92June 23, 2018 3:35 AM

"Miss LA," here.

Here's my beautiful four-door luxury European 'Sedan.'

(Purchased it 'Pre-owned Certified,' which means it was a former leased vehicle. Former owners paid for the needed repairs before trading it in. Not me!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93June 23, 2018 3:45 AM

Thirty-nine-year-old internist here. My fortieth is next month and as a gift to myself I'm buying a Maserati Ghibli. I ordered and paid for it last year and take delivery week after next. Med school loans are now paid off and ready to spend a little of the money I've been busting my ass for since I was eighteen.

by Anonymousreply 94June 23, 2018 3:54 AM

R94 😘 I hope you enjoy your new toy! Even with all the bragging, I’m still happy for you.

by Anonymousreply 95June 23, 2018 3:55 AM

R95, I am truly mystified by what you perceive as bragging. OP's thread is about cars and as happenstance would have it, I'm buying a new one. Even so, I appreciate your happiness for me.

by Anonymousreply 96June 23, 2018 3:59 AM

R94, you sound HAWT! Are you also single and wear subtle, tasteful cologne? (Please say, Yes.)

by Anonymousreply 97June 23, 2018 4:00 AM

I am indeed single and wear nothing but Creed's Aventus and Green Irish Tweed. But mostly Aventus.

by Anonymousreply 98June 23, 2018 4:02 AM

R96 I was being sarcastic. That is one hell of a car. No harm intended. I’m sure you will be one hot Stud! Seriously, way to go!

by Anonymousreply 99June 23, 2018 4:03 AM

I think I'm already in love with R94: very, very well educated, financially responsible, diligent, hot, and has great taste, and very responsive and sharing.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy, R94!

by Anonymousreply 100June 23, 2018 4:10 AM

R100 oh please, go masturbate and stop looking like a damn groupie.

by Anonymousreply 101June 23, 2018 4:17 AM

All r94 needed to say:

[quote]My fortieth is next month and as a gift to myself I'm buying a Maserati Ghibli. I ordered and paid for it last year and take delivery week after next.

by Anonymousreply 102June 23, 2018 7:49 AM

r74 OK but I hope you're not one of those Americans that get's upset that Americans are viewed as the laughing stock of the world.

And you couldn't even pay me to own a car with an automatic transmission. No fucking way

by Anonymousreply 103June 23, 2018 7:57 AM

Buy before the new Trump 20% tariff

by Anonymousreply 104June 23, 2018 8:00 AM

r103 get's?

by Anonymousreply 105June 23, 2018 8:29 AM

BMW 340i with X-Drive (All wheel drive) - formerly known as the 335i but now upgraded with a bigger engine (or just buy a used 335i realy...and save 20k)

- Full V6 with 320 HP (plus turbo) & great breaks

- Not so curved in the back that you get a blind spot like Audi and others (pet peeve of mine)

- They finally sorted out the iDrive system so it's is actually usable.

- Reverse park sensors and camera (should be standard but might be "driver assistance package")

- Land departure warning / blind spot sensor warning ("driver assistance package")

- Adaptive headlights

There's also a cold weather package, which is helpful depending on where you live.

A "Sync" mode with heat and AC so you don't have to change your temp AND the passenger temp separately when you're driving alone.

by Anonymousreply 106June 23, 2018 11:38 PM

R106 nice.

by Anonymousreply 107June 24, 2018 3:15 AM

VW Beetle convertible owner here again. There’s a 7 year, 60,000 mile warranty on all new VW’s. Drag your husband down to the dealership and just let him drive the turbo version... my husband was just as hesitant until he got behind the wheel. It’s like having a mini vacation every time I drop the top-

Yes I’d buy one before they slap a tariff on them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108June 25, 2018 5:43 PM

... and the VW Beetles are only made in Mexico, not Germany.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109June 25, 2018 5:48 PM

Hyundai Kona Electric SUV, it has a range of 292 miles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110June 25, 2018 6:08 PM

How about the Ioniq? Available as hybrid, plug-in hybrid, and all electric.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 25, 2018 6:15 PM

I like the Ioniq, but I prefer compact cross overs, R111.

by Anonymousreply 112June 25, 2018 6:19 PM

My last two cars were Audis. Now I have a KIA. It's a zippy car and roomy but I'd really like a Range Rover. I don't need one though and I don't buy what I don't need. Also if you can't pay for it with cash, you can't afford it. I've never had a car payment. A car just isn't worth the debt.

by Anonymousreply 113June 25, 2018 6:31 PM

Porsche Boxster in Iris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114June 25, 2018 6:38 PM

I've always liked smaller cars for some reason. They're a blast to drive. Two that stand out are the Volkwagen Golf TSi and the Toyota Corolla hatchback. Now that they're getting the idea of turbocharging they're quite lively.

by Anonymousreply 115June 25, 2018 7:54 PM

I love the Volvo c30, which is no longer manufactured. Cute little pocket rocket

by Anonymousreply 116June 25, 2018 8:16 PM

"If you can't pay for it with cash, you can't afford it."

So majority of car buyers should not buy a car?

by Anonymousreply 117June 25, 2018 11:17 PM

[quote]Land departure warning

Yes, that could come in handy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118June 26, 2018 3:37 AM

[quote]"If you can't pay for it with cash, you can't afford it."

[quote]So majority of car buyers should not buy a car?

No, just buy one that you can afford... to buy with cash.

by Anonymousreply 119June 26, 2018 3:47 AM

An Audi RS 3 in Ara Blue with Black Optics.

It was just delivered to me last month.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120June 26, 2018 4:58 AM

[quote]And you couldn't even pay me to own a car with an automatic transmission. No fucking way

The best automatic transmissions are now objectively better than manual transmissions, and they also generally come with auto stick if you're that hung up your antiquated bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 121June 26, 2018 5:00 AM

[quote]The best automatic transmissions are now objectively better than manual transmissions

Best in what way? I think the poster is talking about the experience of driving; with a manual, it's a much closer relationship with a car, because you are the one actively driving it. Some people find that having to use both hands while driving is inconvenient, that thinking about gear shifts is inconvenient. Others love that stuff. There is no 'best' where it comes to personal experience.

by Anonymousreply 122June 26, 2018 5:15 AM

The new Audis are sex on wheels

by Anonymousreply 123June 26, 2018 9:19 AM

R117 No and R119 Yes

by Anonymousreply 124June 26, 2018 12:10 PM

For real: my next Honda Fit, the fanciest one I can buy with a manual transmission. My current 2009 Sport has 31,000 miles on it and has needed nothing except oil changes and the recalls for the airbags in nine years. Driving a stick is driving. Driving an automatic is pointing. A stick shift is also an incredible anti-theft device. Kids (the people who steal cars for the most part) can't drive stick shifts. They're not taught how to these days and no wonder - something like 96% of US vehicles are delivered with an automatic. A stick saves a lot on insurance in the city, too.

In my dreams: a Fiat 124 Spider Lusso, silver or grey with the tan leather seats, all the options and a manual transmission before Fiat goes out of business in the US again. It's so beautiful I'd take my chances having a Dodge dealer repair it. And except for the engine, it's built by Mazda in Japan so presumably a little more reliable than might otherwise be expected from the "Fix It Again Tony" people.

Both to be paid for in cash and kept for 10 years or more. I'm in my 60's and drive about 3500 miles a year. I won't be buying too many more new cars.

by Anonymousreply 125June 26, 2018 12:59 PM

I love my current car. It’s a 2016 Audi TTS in Nano Gray. It has the virtual cockpit with the navigation/ info screen configurable with different layouts front and center, blind spot warning lights and Bang and Olufson sound system. It’s all very intuitive and controlled right from the steering wheel. The seats are amazing. They hug your sides and have amazing lumbar support.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126June 27, 2018 7:23 AM

nice ride, r126

by Anonymousreply 127June 27, 2018 8:53 AM

[quote]In my dreams: a Fiat 124 Spider

I had no idea they were doing those again, thanks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128June 27, 2018 9:21 AM

1970s

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129June 27, 2018 9:21 AM

Toyota Tacoma pickup double-cab 4x4

by Anonymousreply 130June 27, 2018 7:30 PM

Honda Pilot

by Anonymousreply 131July 5, 2018 12:46 AM

"Just bought a Honda Fit about a month ago "

Note: Honda Fit had impossible headrests, like you're going to have neck and back issues forever.

Two, you'll need to refill the tank every 190 miles, the thing only holds 10 gallons of gas.

Other than that - okay if you don't mind looking lime a soccer mom.

by Anonymousreply 132July 5, 2018 12:52 AM

I drive a 2009 Volkswagen Rabbit. I brought it brand new in 2009. It's been really reliable. I only bought because of Consumer Report's recommendation and the 2 door Rabbit which I bought has an impressive amount of front leg room. It was made at Volkswagen's Flagship factory in Wolfsburg maybe that's why it's been so reliable.

by Anonymousreply 133July 5, 2018 1:03 AM

AMG GLE 43 Coupe. An SUV that drives like a sports car.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134July 5, 2018 1:06 AM

Um, that isn't a TTS, R126.

LOL. Fail.

by Anonymousreply 135July 5, 2018 1:10 AM

Lexus

by Anonymousreply 136August 1, 2018 10:39 PM

Looking at this thread- who buys American cars anymore?

by Anonymousreply 137August 1, 2018 11:31 PM

I really don’t know. My Lexus RX 330 is still going strong after 13 years. I replace the brakes every now and then. And I paid cash so I haven’t had a car payment for 13 years. If I could, instead of buying a new car I would have them replace the headliner and DVD player in the car. I don’t use the DVD player but I hate that it broke and half of came off. My mother tried to “open” the DVD player thinking it was for storage. She’d been using the car for about 8 years when she did that. She was definitely losing it towards the end of her life.

I’d like to have the outside detailed. My husband paid $1500 to detail it a few years ago and the guy didn’t do a fucking thing. Claimed he couldn’t fix any of the scratches. Wish I knew someone who does detailing who isn’t a crook. It’s mostly mafia people who do it around here.

by Anonymousreply 138August 1, 2018 11:32 PM

I am familiar with the latest technology, but I still want to buy a new sedan with a CD player.

by Anonymousreply 139August 1, 2018 11:37 PM

Audi A4 Allroad wagon

by Anonymousreply 140August 2, 2018 8:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!