Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tig Notaro

I know that she is normally hated here. But her standup special on Netflix truly made me belly laugh around ten times.

Curious what you all thought!?

And listen, I even enjoy Amy Schumer and you all hate her. But her HBO special SUCKED.

I was pleasantly surprised by Tig.

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2018 8:04 PM

I love her - to each their own.

by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2018 9:36 PM

I love her too R1! And her humor is really sly and fun.

by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2018 9:37 PM

R2 agreed! That exactly why I love her!

by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2018 9:38 PM

I like Tig a lot. I like her dry delivery; I love hearing her interviewed, and I loved One Mississippi. Her standup though, is just okay IMO. Again, the delivery is great, but the stories and jokes aren't consistently that great, though some of it is. Like in her latest Netflix special, the story about the cats. But, overall a big fan.

by Anonymousreply 4June 20, 2018 10:57 PM

I meant, that the cat bit was one of those great deliveries, but not that great of a bit.

by Anonymousreply 5June 20, 2018 11:22 PM

It's not a hate thing, OP.

There was a time that the very mention of her name on these boards was trouble.

by Anonymousreply 6June 20, 2018 11:23 PM

I’m a fan. I didn’t like her latest special as much as I did the previous one though.

by Anonymousreply 7June 20, 2018 11:27 PM

R6 why?? Expand!

by Anonymousreply 8June 20, 2018 11:30 PM

R4, I LOVED the cat story.

Nightnight Ribbons!

The "I SAYS TO HER" part had me howling.

by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2018 11:42 PM

I think she can be funny too. I don't know why DL hates her?

by Anonymousreply 10June 21, 2018 12:02 AM

However I could NOT get into her show on Amazon! Didn't they just cancel it? I am actually going to check it out again-

by Anonymousreply 11June 21, 2018 12:04 AM

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2018 6:40 PM

I loved the amazon show. But it was canceled after 2 seasons

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2018 6:47 PM

Why are there currently two threads running on this psychotic nonentity?

by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2018 6:52 PM

I had never seen her until the other night when I happened upon her Taylor Dane bit.

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2018 8:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!