Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

There are things about this clip that confuse me. PLEASE HELP!

Maybe YOU can clarify them for me and probably YOU have questions that could finally be answered as well.

Firstly, the mother was sleeping and the child was resting, but the nun busts in on them. So selfish and inconsiderate and aggressive.

The stewardess is initially reticent about giving the nun access to the mother and child but in a New York second, she's like "Oh, OK" - she should be fired from her job, don't you think?

There's ZERO sound from the engines.

The other passengers - no one complains when the nun starts banging away at the fucking guitar, singing some tacky soapy song -not giving a shit about the rest of the passengers. She's a major attention seeker, isn't she?

She's a nun and she says she "likes Rock'n'Roll"?- it's a freaky thing to say and probably a lie to win over the child. Do you agree?

I could fill a page with questions. Maybe you have some yourself. I'd be interested to hear them.

Lastly, does anyone in the real world actually LIKE this song? - everyone on the plane seems to be so reassured by it. So happy. I'm not buying it. It's a horrible song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2018 9:09 PM

I wish Linda Blair's head started spinning!

by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2018 7:56 PM

Those two minutes are the most memorable of the whole movie.

by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2018 7:58 PM

I grew up going to a Catholic school with a lot of nuns who loved rock and roll.

What is not quite believable is a nun singing to a sick child a song about self-reliance. This is just wrong in so many ways. What about god? What about the organ donor? What about mom and dad? And you do not sing a song that begins with lyrics about taking care of yourself to someone who is seriously ill.

Fucking nut nun.

by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2018 8:00 PM

Saw this at a ten year olds birthday party, we keot thinking like R1 we wanted her head to spin or thought she was going to projectile vomit.

by Anonymousreply 4June 20, 2018 8:01 PM

The nun means well, but yes, she is clumsy and intrusive. She should have been sent back to her seat before she made all that noise. The mother shows herself to be a poor guardian. I worry for that child.

by Anonymousreply 5June 20, 2018 8:06 PM

I like the Airplane! version better, where the nun keeps knocking the child's IV line out with her guitar.

by Anonymousreply 6June 20, 2018 8:18 PM

That plane looks so comfy and I love the colors.

by Anonymousreply 7June 20, 2018 8:25 PM

As R3 pointed out, a nun singing a song about self-reliance is incredibly unrealistic, so what I've gleaned from this, is that she ISN'T a nun, but dressed up as one in order to get closer to this young girl without raising any eyebrows...

by Anonymousreply 8June 20, 2018 8:52 PM

Sadly R8 is getting to the core of the matter. It’s a sad sordid affair.

by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2018 9:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!