Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

**BREAKING** Trump finally caves and will issue "executive order" to stop kids being taken from their parents

Of course this is his own administrative policy, but I guess an executive order helps him look like a hero.

[quote]President Trump is preparing to issue an executive order as soon as Wednesday that ends the separation of families at the border by indefinitely detaining parents and children together, flouting a court settlement that prohibits that move, according to a person familiar with the White House plans. Stories of children being taken from their parents and images of teenagers in cage-like detention facilities have exploded into a full-blown political crisis for Mr. Trump and Republican lawmakers, who are desperate for a response to critics who have called the practice “inhumane” and “evil.”

[quote]Mr. Trump has for weeks refused to simply end his government’s “zero tolerance” policy that led to the separation of more than 2,300 children from their parents, saying that the alternative would be to fling open the nation’s borders and allow immigrants who cross the border illegally to remain in the country. But the president, furious about the pummeling he has taken in recent days, has been casting about for an escape from the crisis, people familiar with his thinking said. Officials at the Department of Homeland Security are preparing the executive order that is designed to end the family separations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141June 21, 2018 8:00 PM

Someone is his orbit finally got through to him and told him he's fucked if he doesn't stop it.

by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2018 4:32 PM

Yeah it was not motivated by empathy, just that he finally got uncomfortable with people giving him shit

by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2018 4:34 PM

The polls must have really moved against him.

by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2018 4:34 PM

Too bad... I was hoping he’d double down. This was the first thing to really hit him hard and I’ve been enjoying the fallout.

by Anonymousreply 4June 20, 2018 4:36 PM

Now, what will happen to the existing 2000+ children who have been separated from their parents already?

by Anonymousreply 5June 20, 2018 4:39 PM

Me, too, r4.

But have no fear, he'll pull something equally as vile in the near future and closer to midterms

by Anonymousreply 6June 20, 2018 4:40 PM

Their DNA will be tested to match them with their DNA matching parents.

DNA matching reduces the chance that the "parents" are using their "kids" for something nefarious.

by Anonymousreply 7June 20, 2018 4:41 PM

Remember how he spent weeks trying to say there is nothing he could do about it? Do you mean he was lying?!

[quote]Too bad... I was hoping he’d double down. This was the first thing to really hit him hard and I’ve been enjoying the fallout.

I know it is easy to think of everything in politics, but look at the real world human factor. Trump's policy was inhumane and gross, and it stopping is a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 8June 20, 2018 4:42 PM

And they should also move enforcement of the law back into the immigration courts where matters were handled as misdemeanors and not in criminal courts which should be handling more serious crimes. The children of the adults sequestered were not illegal immigrants but rather those seeking asylum and entering at the wrong sites.

The cruelty and incompetence of the Administration and AG are beyond the pale. And Trump claims these folks bring in drugs and crime etc, when they absolutely do not and in fact actual illegal immigration was brought to a 40 year low at the end of the Obama administration. Reform of the whole thing is paramount, but Trump has created a humanitarian crisis where there was none. He and Miller and Sessions are fringe misanthropes bashing away at American institutions and values. Miller knows it- Sessions is too bigotted to understand and Trump too stupid-

by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2018 4:43 PM

Who knew that all he had to so was sign an order and it stops???

He kept blaming Dems and said they had to pass his legislation. Sessions quoted the Bible. DHS bitch secretary Nielsen defended this to high heaven.

by Anonymousreply 10June 20, 2018 4:43 PM

Who are all these white men sitting around him kissing his ass? Have they no shame? If I were their family members I would have zero respect for them.

by Anonymousreply 11June 20, 2018 4:43 PM

It’s good to know which Trumpsters will support him when he commits the next atrocity. Fox and his cabinet will be there when he sets up the concentration camps.

by Anonymousreply 12June 20, 2018 4:44 PM

Some parents have already been deported WITHOUT their children. The children will go through a separate system where it may take years to deport them.

One immigrant has commited suicide already.

by Anonymousreply 13June 20, 2018 4:44 PM

R7: OK, that makes sense! I hope it is used!

by Anonymousreply 14June 20, 2018 4:45 PM

To be clear, President Trump doesn’t have to sign an executive order to end the separation of families on the border.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 20, 2018 4:45 PM

R7 is full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 16June 20, 2018 4:46 PM

R7's post is very misleading. DNA tests are just a possibility Sessions mentioned on a radio show yesterday to mollify questions.

The logistical difficulties and cost and trying to use DNA tests on the over 2000 kids who have been kidnapped from their parents are immense.

by Anonymousreply 17June 20, 2018 4:50 PM

Thank goodness. I knew our president would do the right thing.

by Anonymousreply 18June 20, 2018 4:52 PM

Have they not tracked these kids and parents at all? What a fucking mess. There are Facebook pages raising money to reunite these children and their parents. Paternity/maternity - DNA tests would be good if needed. I think they just need to cotton swab each kid's cheek so it's not very invasive.

by Anonymousreply 19June 20, 2018 4:52 PM

R17: It is a start! Esp. for babies too young to identify their parents.

by Anonymousreply 20June 20, 2018 4:53 PM

r18 is so lost. Man we have been getting swamped by right-wing trolls. Which I guess makes sense, they are desperate to take control of this narrative because it is awful for them.

But no, tell the writers to come up with a new line. Trump doesn't get credit for fixing a problem caused by him.

That is like me going around the neighborhood breaking windows, then asking for recognition because I decided to sweep the glass up.

by Anonymousreply 21June 20, 2018 4:55 PM

The alternative is handing them over to sex traffickers where they will be raped to death, even the infants. And Trump will say, “too bad but their parents are to blame for what I did to them.” And deplorables will eat it up.

The more professional psychopaths in the administration will say, when the dismembered bodies show up in a ditch, weeks or years from now, “we regret this unavoidable tragedy...”

Stephen Miller will laugh gleefully and go back to the dungeon where he keeps his child sex slaves, purchased from some underpaid Trumpster ICE agent.

by Anonymousreply 22June 20, 2018 4:55 PM

He is still fucked.

by Anonymousreply 23June 20, 2018 4:56 PM

Trump should fire Stephen Miller; he can always justify it to himself that Miller is the one who came up with this idea that even played badly with his own fucking base.

by Anonymousreply 24June 20, 2018 4:57 PM

If he was interested in doing the right thing R18, this never would have happened in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 25June 20, 2018 4:57 PM

How much did this blunder cost us?

by Anonymousreply 26June 20, 2018 4:57 PM

Nobel ! Nobel!

by Anonymousreply 27June 20, 2018 4:58 PM

so he's a cunt AND spineless. What a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 28June 20, 2018 4:59 PM

R7 no one is going to be testing the DNA of all these people. And if they do, do they piggyback the backlog of rape test kits?

by Anonymousreply 29June 20, 2018 5:02 PM

His face in that picture! More and more like a diseased, prolapsed ASSHOLE. How fitting.

by Anonymousreply 30June 20, 2018 5:02 PM

[quote]no one is going to be testing the DNA of all these people.

Exactly. Sessions was just trying to save face, I'll believe it when I see it.

by Anonymousreply 31June 20, 2018 5:02 PM

The fat orange cunt still blamed Obama.

by Anonymousreply 32June 20, 2018 5:03 PM

R32: But of course! Next, he will fire someone.

by Anonymousreply 33June 20, 2018 5:04 PM

me: *starts stabbing dogs*

everyone: uh, stop that

me: it’s not me

everyone: we see you

me: i have decided to stop the cruel policy of dog stabbing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 20, 2018 5:05 PM

R34: Yep! That about sums up Trump.

by Anonymousreply 35June 20, 2018 5:07 PM

[quote]I knew our president would do the right thing.

OH, MY SIDES

by Anonymousreply 36June 20, 2018 5:07 PM

I hate cute millennials who never put punctuation in their Twitter jokes. So annoying

by Anonymousreply 37June 20, 2018 5:07 PM

Could he be any more non chalant? What an egomaniac.

by Anonymousreply 38June 20, 2018 5:15 PM

[quote]To be clear, President Trump doesn’t have to sign an executive order to end the separation of families on the border.

Of course not. He's just pretending that someone ELSE in government decided to rip screaming babies from their mothers' arms, and he's going to fix it!

After having said it's not happening, and at the same time it's happening but it's absolutely necessary!

This is what happens when you have a leader who is utterly selfish, with no empathy, with no awareness of policy, and no ability to think things through. This is the sort of policy that results.

by Anonymousreply 39June 20, 2018 5:24 PM

So, to sum up, it's absolutely not happening, it's happening but the democrats forced me to do it, it's happening and it's absolutely necessary, and it's happening and I've absolutely got to stop it!

by Anonymousreply 40June 20, 2018 5:42 PM

The Daily Mail ( the acceptable-ish face of Deplorable media ) report on this story has livid comments from Deplorables feeling very let down by their savior for 'giving in to the leftys"

by Anonymousreply 41June 20, 2018 5:46 PM

Michael Avenatti just tweeted a photo of migrant boys being flown on American Airlines 1,000 miles away from their parents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 20, 2018 5:47 PM

Don't everybody start celebrating. The order is to have the DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE take over the situation! That's fucking terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 43June 20, 2018 5:48 PM

That meeting with Trump and the House and Senate Republicans was disgusting. They had themselves so far up Trump's ass, it could have been a fetish video. Just as disgusting was when Trump said that the Democrats didn't want to tackle immigration because they want open borders and people swarming into the US.

by Anonymousreply 44June 20, 2018 5:49 PM

So this will give the Department of Defense the power to set up permanent internment camps (permanent in that immigrants will be held indefinitely) in the US? That’s. . . not good.

by Anonymousreply 45June 20, 2018 5:51 PM

It’s a TRAP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 20, 2018 5:56 PM

R46, I was just reading that. Here's the meat of the article for anyone who doesn't want to click over:

[quote]The President says he’s signing an executive order to end family separations. The actual aim seems to be to pick a fight with the courts and allow separations to continue while blaming judges. According to The New York Times, the President will sign an executive order allowing children to be detained indefinitely with their parents. The problem is that that violates a 1997 consent decree saying that you can’t detain/imprison children for more than 20 days (technically what’s currently happening isn’t detention). It straight up violates that order. So what will almost inevitably happen is that a court will step in, say you can’t do that and then Trump will announce that the judge is forcing him to keep separating families.

by Anonymousreply 47June 20, 2018 6:01 PM

That's so creepy R42. All around the same age and type. I wonder where they're going. #americanairlineschildtrafficking

by Anonymousreply 48June 20, 2018 6:22 PM

^ fucked up the # but you get the drift.

by Anonymousreply 49June 20, 2018 6:23 PM

Finally, an end to Obama's mess.

by Anonymousreply 50June 20, 2018 6:24 PM

How odd the mess only started two weeks ago well into Trump's presidency when DHS changed their policy guidelines. But yes, clearly Obama is at fault here.

by Anonymousreply 51June 20, 2018 6:25 PM

Sure R50 and just another random "what the fuck am I doing?" shitty day from fatass Trump.

by Anonymousreply 52June 20, 2018 6:26 PM

He looks especially terrible in OP’s pic.

by Anonymousreply 53June 20, 2018 6:45 PM

This could lead to families being permanently detained together because kids can only be detained 20 days. That law may change "to keep families together."

Alternately, they'll "process" the children at 20 days and leave everyone else behind, separating them anyway.

by Anonymousreply 54June 20, 2018 6:47 PM

Avenatti has really stepped up to the plate on this issue. I'm glad to see he didn't just limit himself to the Daniels case.

by Anonymousreply 55June 20, 2018 6:48 PM

Whatever they do this has been an own goal for this revolting administration. The civilized world is watching aghast as this shitshow unfolds and the U-turn has disgusted the Deplorables who would prefer Donnie to shoot the children personally and show the video evidence on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 56June 20, 2018 6:50 PM

You know what else I’d like to see? How about thee fucking airlines and airline workers REFUSE to transport them, huh? The airlines know at the purchase this is the Fed — flag the tickets, and when it’s obvious who the passengers are, do not allow them to board, and call the ACLU and MoveOn IMMEDIATELY to come to the airport. It’s awful that the kids would witness a confrontation like that, but it needs to happen. Disobey at EVERY opportunity. Airline workers, you’ve been put on notice!!!! I know it sucks, you didn’t ask for this, but neither did I. I have my own bullshit personal battles I’m taking on too. We ALL need to step up and stop this shit.

by Anonymousreply 57June 20, 2018 7:08 PM

^. It’s great we are all documenting this. But we need to go even beyond taking pictures with our cells!!!!

by Anonymousreply 58June 20, 2018 7:08 PM

R57, American and United are refusing to transport these kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 20, 2018 7:14 PM

So Trump is now a hero?

by Anonymousreply 60June 20, 2018 7:18 PM

Thank you r59, that is a small battle won!!! We need to post which airlines are flying these kids and make it clear we will BOYCOTT any airline who transports STOLEN CHILDREN.

by Anonymousreply 61June 20, 2018 7:21 PM

R34: In that twitter feed are 2 deplorables claiming "dog stabbing" was always happening and we're "weenies" who only attack the poor deplorable trash when they do it. Get ready, this will be the THE talking point from Heritage and some Russians, that liberals are all hypocrites who got our way by selectively crying about it because OBAMA ARGLE BARGLE! It's already happening from the stupid bitch troll at R50.

by Anonymousreply 62June 20, 2018 7:26 PM

"ARGLE BARGLE"??

by Anonymousreply 63June 20, 2018 7:27 PM

I agree they will do that, and every single mother fucking time, bring it right back to the actual TOPIC. What are these pussies afraid of? If this policy is so great, why can’t they, you know, DEFEND it??? Pointing out the supposed hypocrisy of the left is NOT a defense of this policy.

by Anonymousreply 64June 20, 2018 7:30 PM

NOTE: I posted the following on Huffington but it works here too.

I heard the following analogy on CBC Canada. Trump is: The person who starts a fire in a house. He knows he has the only fir extinguisher hidden behing his back. He blames others for starting the fire. He says to wait for the fire department as only they can put out the fire. He may not let the fire department in. Finally he put out the fire. Now he will wait to be declared a hero.

by Anonymousreply 65June 20, 2018 7:35 PM

Out of the "kindness" of his "heart", I'm sure... not.

by Anonymousreply 66June 20, 2018 7:36 PM

I thought airlines didn’t allow minors to fly without parental consent. Who buys the tickets?

Before you know it, these kids will be flown around on military transport.

by Anonymousreply 67June 20, 2018 7:48 PM

R63: It's a common term for irrational hatred of something because one thing or person, in this case Former President Barack Obama, did it (in this case, he didn't do anything like this, not for 2 second, but when has that stopped stupid bitch deplorables). The twitter troll actually refers to Obama as "the lazy one". Draw your own conclusions.....

by Anonymousreply 68June 20, 2018 7:48 PM

R67, of COURSE you can fly kids solo, you just pay a big up-charge. How do you think my kids see my ex-husbands?

by Anonymousreply 69June 20, 2018 7:49 PM

[quote]I thought airlines didn’t allow minors to fly without parental consent. Who buys the tickets?

No, there is no rule against that. Though many airlines will require kids 11 or younger to be accompanied by someone older.

Kids 12 and older are freely allowed to travel by themselves.

by Anonymousreply 70June 20, 2018 7:52 PM

So what is that mental disorder called, R65?

by Anonymousreply 71June 20, 2018 7:53 PM

I’m telling you, I’ve paid $150 extra to fly a child younger than 12.

by Anonymousreply 72June 20, 2018 7:54 PM

They allow you to bring the minor to the gate, check them in, watch the board. Then someone claims them at landing, the stewards are aware they are solo. It costs a lot, but it’s available.

by Anonymousreply 73June 20, 2018 7:56 PM

R69, r70, I didn’t know that. I thought there needed to be some kind of consent. Or am I thinking of international flights? I’m just sort of flabbergasted that a kid can just get on a plane without some sort of... controls. That’s kind of scary.

by Anonymousreply 74June 20, 2018 7:57 PM

So my 14-year old can just board a flight to LA without my consent? Shhhh, no one tell her...

by Anonymousreply 75June 20, 2018 7:59 PM

WaPo's Greg Sargent:

Trump is "furious about the pummeling he's taken in recent days," the NYT reports. In case you wondered who the real victim is here.

by Anonymousreply 76June 20, 2018 8:00 PM

Yes r75. Assuming she had the money it would be fine for her to buy the ticket and board the plane without you being any the wiser.

[quote] Or am I thinking of international flights?

Yes, this is all domestic. International flights carry more restrictions.

by Anonymousreply 77June 20, 2018 8:01 PM

No no no, the parent purchases and gives the consent, see? Someone has to buy the ticket, and that is the point in which consent is given. Kids CANNOT just get on a plane — a legal guardian must purchase the ticket. For these kids, the state is their guardian now. Kids canNOT just hop on a plane. But a kid under 12 CAN fly solo, if their guardian purchases and provides proper ID/proof of guardianship etc.

by Anonymousreply 78June 20, 2018 8:02 PM

Damn, on another thread, someone facetiously mentioned that Trump was just going to send these immigrants to Guantanamo, but with the executive order he just signed, giving the military permission to "house" them, we are one step closer to that.

by Anonymousreply 79June 20, 2018 8:02 PM

Not true actually, there are no regulations on ticket purchases r78, a minor is allowed to purchase one themselves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80June 20, 2018 8:05 PM

Department of H0meland $ecurity is a terrorist organization that needs to be abolished

by Anonymousreply 81June 20, 2018 8:06 PM

But r80, think about it, they have to show ID when they go through TSA. TSA always asks kids who they’re traveling with. How do I know this? Flying with my teenage sons who didn’t want to be near me, they were still forced several times to show me to TSA who checked our ID’s together. Undoubtedly, international is much more strict, and we run into problems as I’ve since remarried so my boys have a different last name. But kids cannot just hop on a plane — I suppose some can slip through on domestic flights if TSA doesn’t ask who they’re with, but this would be unusual.

by Anonymousreply 82June 20, 2018 8:13 PM

R82, TSA is part of the Department of Homeland Security, which is shipping the children around the country. TSA is not in a position to countermand an DHS official.

by Anonymousreply 83June 20, 2018 8:17 PM

I didn’t say they are — I’m just sharing my experience and what protocols I’ve witnessed. I agree with you, TSA would have no authority with them. But I also think TSA KNOWS who these kids are lolol! I mean, look at the pictures. How do these poor kids who speak only Spanish find the gate? A government official(s) is obviously getting them to the gate too.

by Anonymousreply 84June 20, 2018 8:20 PM

Ivanka and Melania thanked POTUS for ending the policy and taking action. Whose policy and action against what, himself? Everyone gets a trophy in this administration

by Anonymousreply 85June 20, 2018 8:22 PM

2,342 children seized in just over a month.

No plan to reunite them with their parents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 20, 2018 8:31 PM

[quote]TSA always asks kids who they’re traveling with. How do I know this? Flying with my teenage sons who didn’t want to be near me, they were still forced several times to show me to TSA who checked our ID’s together. Undoubtedly, international is much more strict, and we run into problems as I’ve since remarried so my boys have a different last name.

Well yes, if this was an international that is a completely different rules. I am strictly speaking of domestic flights.

[quote]think about it, they have to show ID when they go through TSA.

Minors are not required to have ID. though remember that many minors have ID. They might have a passport, an ID card, or a learners permit/driving license. Especially the 14-17 age range we are talking about.

[quote]But kids cannot just hop on a plane

Little kids, no. Older kids, yes. It is perfectly legal for them to travel independently (without the unaccompanied minor service) before they are 18.

The age that becomes okay ranges from 12-15 in American airlines.

by Anonymousreply 87June 20, 2018 8:32 PM

[quote]Ivanka and Melania thanked POTUS for ending the policy and taking action. Whose policy and action against what, himself? Everyone gets a trophy in this administration

Plus, they never said anything publicly against this, it was all leaks they did not approve. Ivanka did thank "daddy" after and highlighted and implied it was Congress's fault in her latest tweet.

[quote]Thank you @POTUS for taking critical action ending family separation at our border. Congress must now act + find a lasting solution that is consistent with our shared values;the same values that so many come here seeking as they endeavor to create a better life for their families

by Anonymousreply 88June 20, 2018 8:36 PM

So the word 'values' is code for 'white supremacy'. Got it.

by Anonymousreply 89June 20, 2018 8:38 PM

[quote]with the executive order he just signed, giving the military permission to "house" them

Hmm. And just two days ago, the Senate passed a huge military spending bill that the media mostly ignored. It included appropriation for military construction, but the budget itself was not included, so it didn't seem important.

Something tells me Trump is going to be expecting huge amounts of the budget to go to his buddies for "military construction" now.

by Anonymousreply 90June 20, 2018 8:40 PM

[quote]Ivanka and Melania thanked POTUS for ending the policy and taking action.

Such gracious, beautiful ladies. Thank you to our Queen and our Princess.

by Anonymousreply 91June 20, 2018 9:04 PM

R87, you can post that til you’re blue in the face, but I’m telling you what I’ve seen. A simple google search will give you a multitude of answers too. Some sites will say they need ID, others say they don’t. But keep on keepin’ on. I know you need the last word so go for it.

by Anonymousreply 92June 20, 2018 9:07 PM

[quote]Their DNA will be tested to match them with their DNA matching parents. DNA matching reduces the chance that the "parents" are using their "kids" for something nefarious.

That's not too smart. What happens if they came with a non blood relative like a aunt who married into the family? Many people during the WW2 gave their lives to save their kids by letting them go without them to other countries. Those adults bringing those kids to safety were not blood relatives either.

by Anonymousreply 93June 20, 2018 9:13 PM

If he can't launder Russian mob money through building contracts on the wall, he'll find other military, infra-structure projects that he can. Embassy in Jerusalem anyone?

by Anonymousreply 94June 20, 2018 9:13 PM

I'm not trying to attack you r92, but as someone that was flying on my own before being 18 I was just trying to clarify what the rules were.

by Anonymousreply 95June 20, 2018 9:15 PM

[quote]Ivanka and Melania thanked POTUS for ending the policy and taking action. Whose policy and action against what, himself? Everyone gets a trophy in this administration

I said it before and I will say it again, the little snowflakes are Repugs and not Dems.

by Anonymousreply 96June 20, 2018 9:15 PM

More of this sh*t will be coming down the pike. They’re testing boundaries. We need to be ready for it.

by Anonymousreply 97June 20, 2018 9:18 PM

That’s fine, thank you. I am doing the same r95. Either way, what we are both blathering on about has no bearing on what’s happening to these kids, it’s all unprecedented.

by Anonymousreply 98June 20, 2018 9:19 PM

[quote]President Trump is preparing to issue an executive order as soon as Wednesday that ends the separation of families at the border by indefinitely detaining parents and children together, flouting a court settlement that prohibits that move

At least the press is starting to acknowledge that there is a court order that required the kids be released and separated from their parents after 20 days of custody.

by Anonymousreply 99June 20, 2018 9:29 PM

R99, but I thought they found a way to bypass that? I couldn’t believe his press conference, he didn’t “like the site” of the kids being separated. Bitch, you had to SEE this to know it’s wrong and bad and nasty? He is reminding me of “who would have thought health care would be so hard?” We are dealing with a man who is full-tilt stupified.

by Anonymousreply 100June 20, 2018 9:36 PM

That has nothing at all to do with Trump's policies, R99. There is no law or settlement that requires that children be forcibly removed from their parents on entry to the United States. Other presidents had no problem following the law and not instituting cruel and inhumane policies.

by Anonymousreply 101June 20, 2018 9:36 PM

[quote]There is no law or settlement that requires that children be forcibly removed from their parents on entry to the United States.

That's right, it's only after 20 days that the children have to be released and thus separated.

by Anonymousreply 102June 20, 2018 9:39 PM

Actually, R102, that's not true, either, as there is no law that requires that children be released without their parents. Nor is there any law preventing their cases from being reviewed in that 20-day period.

Sorry, but you still lose. This is all on Trump. Funny how you don't want to acknowledge that.

by Anonymousreply 103June 20, 2018 9:43 PM

The Flores consent decree, btw, is just that, a consent decree -- if the US government finds it to be unworkable, it can ask the court to revisit and revise the decree.

by Anonymousreply 104June 20, 2018 9:50 PM

From Art of the Deal writer, Tony Schwartz :

[quote]Every day Trump pushes the boundaries of basic human decency a little further, to test whether he can get away with it. When he does, he keeps pushing. Separating children from their parents & putting them in cages won't be the end of it. How long before he starts mass arrests?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105June 20, 2018 9:51 PM

[quote]there is no law that requires that children be released without their parents.

With the parents remaining in custody after 20 days and until their case is adjudicated, the court settlement would require the children to be released after 20 days and so they would be separated.

by Anonymousreply 106June 20, 2018 9:53 PM

You're not too bright, are you, R106? I repeat: there is no law that requires that children be released without their parents. If both are still in custody after 20 days, you release them both and you give them the court / hearing date.

by Anonymousreply 107June 20, 2018 9:58 PM

Or, better still, you fund the system such that you can give these families a hearing within that 20-day period.

by Anonymousreply 108June 20, 2018 9:59 PM

That's why people are skeptical of this new Trump executive order. He's not stopping the cruel and inhumane policy which caused the problems. Instead, he's directly violating the consent decree, counting on a lawsuit to stop him, after which he can whine and play victim again.

by Anonymousreply 109June 20, 2018 10:01 PM

Child abusers always scurry for the shadows when they are exposed.

That's what happened here.

The silence of Trump's party and the evil comments of some of my neighbors and colleagues won't be forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 110June 20, 2018 10:04 PM

Which takes us in a wonderful loop-di-loop, allllllll the way back around to keeping the families together. There is IS NO PERFECT SOLUTION IN THIS SITUATION. And recognizing that this is an imperfect solution, but that the US will always choose human dignity over abuse. So, some come in for “asylum” and are lying, so fucking WHAT? They’re such bad people because they lie to get their kids somewhere safe? Give me a fucking BREAK, like these Deplorable fucks wouldn’t do the exact same thing or worse, for their fat stupid kids? Like the Nicaraguan woman who enters to pick grapes, you were going to do that job?

What this all boils down to is Deplorables ONLY care when it affects THEM. That’s it!!! That’s how these simpletons operate. I could give two fucks if we have more refugees coming, that’s what the fucking country is MADE out of!!!! I want MORE of them, not less!!! And I say this as someone who was a teacher and got very frustrated with some immigrants lack of willingness to assimilate more!!! I WANT more of them, they stand for everything that is good and right.

There simply is NOT a perfect way to do refugees/immigrants, and the American value that must be the top priority is welcoming these people, nothing less!!!!

by Anonymousreply 111June 20, 2018 10:04 PM

Yes I was raised on this shit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112June 20, 2018 10:06 PM

And those who lie aren't given asylum, anyway, R111. It's a myth that all liberals just want "open borders" and "want to let everyone in." We just want everyone to have a fair chance.

by Anonymousreply 113June 20, 2018 10:07 PM

R111 Are you a Socialist?

by Anonymousreply 114June 20, 2018 10:08 PM

Well, we should definitely be letting more people in though, especially younger people. The U.S. birthrate has been steadily declining and the U.S will not have enough young people to support the huge population of old people. And I definitely don't want to work into my 70s!

by Anonymousreply 115June 20, 2018 10:11 PM

When does he shoot someone in Time Square and get away with it?

by Anonymousreply 116June 20, 2018 10:13 PM

I don’t even know what the fuck I am anymore r114. I am a LOVER OF FREEDOM!!!! I am a LOVER OF IMMIGRANTS!!!! I am a LOVER OF AMERICA!!!! A lover of “lovely Lady Liberty, with her book of recipes.” Watch the video you tool, what are YOU?

I was born in 1972, and my generation was the first to truly understand the concept of the now out of vogue “melting pot,” the idea that the beauty of this place is you come here and become a US citizen but ALSO can hold your mother country’s culture and traditions TOO. You are probably too Americanized to even know what I’m talking about. My paternal great grandparents were Bohemian Freethinkers. I know my family roots, and I will always give others the same gift we were given.

by Anonymousreply 117June 20, 2018 10:16 PM

To the people who say they don’t like kids so they don’t care: just substitute Jews for kids and hey presto it’s 1930s Germany time! Get a fucking heart and a few brain cells to go along with your tiny cock.

by Anonymousreply 118June 20, 2018 10:23 PM

I agree with trump testing boundaries. trump wants to see how much he can get away with.. the enabling GOP not a deterrent, whatsoever. He's not deterred easily by anyone. The backlash of separating children finally got him to issue an "executive order". He's not done, though. He'll do something else just as disgusting, or worse.

by Anonymousreply 119June 20, 2018 10:24 PM

I’d like proof that they are being reunited. So many lies, I need to see it with my own eyes

by Anonymousreply 120June 20, 2018 10:34 PM

I can tell you I love all things but Trump and his cult following.

by Anonymousreply 121June 20, 2018 10:39 PM

[quote] I posted the following on Huffington...

I stopped reading right there.

by Anonymousreply 122June 20, 2018 10:45 PM

The feckless cunt posted a tweet @POTUS:

Thank you @POTUS for taking critical action ending family separation at our border. Congress must now act + find a lasting solution that is consistent with our shared values;the same values that so many come here seeking as they endeavor to create a better life for their families 12:28 PM - 20 Jun 2018

by Anonymousreply 123June 20, 2018 11:28 PM

There will be no effort to bring back those kids at all. The Executive Order only covers kids since EO was signed. Those 2,300 kids will not be returned. There has to be kid amongst them who has a parent that is a citizen. They could file kidnapping charges against Trump and gang. I hope the lawyers trying to help them, find that case. There has to be one.

by Anonymousreply 124June 20, 2018 11:43 PM

Don't be ridiculous. R124

by Anonymousreply 125June 20, 2018 11:45 PM

[124] you are 100% correct. Trump is trying to save face. He doesn’t care about the children that have already been separated from their families. It’s a sad state of affairs.

by Anonymousreply 126June 21, 2018 12:17 AM

avanetti took some lady's case pro Bono. She's an asylum seeker trying to get her kid back that wS snatched by these thugs at the border.

by Anonymousreply 127June 21, 2018 12:57 AM

Where is the little red jumper girl?? I can’t get her crying little face out of my mind!

by Anonymousreply 128June 21, 2018 1:29 AM

I think keeping these people in camps together as a family is less evil than what's happening now. But in a perfect world, all the people who are asking for political asylum should be able to go over the border without issue and officially declare it to a US age. Then automatically placed in camps. Asylum is a different process. Any country owes it to "refugees" and asylum seekers to PUT THESE PEOPLE into camps and feed and house them and keep them warm as all the paper work slowly makes it way through.

This is basically a refugee situation. I know there are tons of illegals who may not be seeking asylum but there are MANY who are.

by Anonymousreply 129June 21, 2018 1:33 AM

The key to THIS fucking mess here is that the USA was ACTIVELY thwarting people from cross at manned border and ASKING an agent for asylum. That is an internationally recognised process and the US didn't want to deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 130June 21, 2018 1:34 AM

It makes me think of Calais in France. During the refugee crisis. There was an odd dance between the refugees, France, and England. The refugees wanted to make it to ENGLAND not the continent because they heard the dole there for refugees was manageable. The french DELIBERATELY did not let "officials" enter the camps at Calais because if any of them were willing to ask France for asylum, that changed the situation. France would have to deal and the refugee would have to accept France as the end game, not the UK.

by Anonymousreply 131June 21, 2018 1:56 AM

R118 Are you aware that the US thwarted every attempt to bring Jews into the US in the pre-war years? Are you familiar with the US St; Louis?

300 Jewish children were requesting entry into the US at that time and were refused. FDR's sister stated, "They will come as 300 precious children, but then 30 years later they become something horrible?"

by Anonymousreply 132June 21, 2018 6:53 AM

Zero tolerance for poor poll numbers. More photos must be out there of Trumps summer camps

by Anonymousreply 133June 21, 2018 7:02 AM
by Anonymousreply 134June 21, 2018 2:01 PM

Ok, so Trump won this round. Let's come up with something new to get hysterical about.

by Anonymousreply 135June 21, 2018 2:09 PM

If you say so, Cletus.

by Anonymousreply 136June 21, 2018 2:13 PM

Actually, R135, he lost and had to cave. And the round isn't even over, as his executive order calls for illegal action, which means that this will be going to the courts in a fairly short time.

by Anonymousreply 137June 21, 2018 2:19 PM

If you're old enough to have seen WKRP in Cincinnati:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138June 21, 2018 2:38 PM

"As God as my witness?"

by Anonymousreply 139June 21, 2018 2:55 PM

What will we cry about now?

by Anonymousreply 140June 21, 2018 6:38 PM

Clearly, you will cry about nothing, R140, at least until November.

by Anonymousreply 141June 21, 2018 8:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!