Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Old and Busted: TERFs. New Hotness: SWERFs!

I found this in another thread but felt it deserved its own!

"The recently constructed acronyms even lend to my theory that the transgender and “sex workers’ rights” issues have become amalgamated to the point where you literally cannot support one without supporting the other. SWERF (Sex Worker Exclusionary Radical Feminists) and TERF (Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminists) handily rhyme. Both groups seem to realize how important merging their interests is. Pro-prostitution lobbyists regularly tap into support from the transgender lobby and vice versa. I came to realize just how handy this was for both groups during the campaign in Britain to introduce a law to criminalize those who pay for sex. It was 2009 and the proposed bill I mentioned earlier was being debated in Parliament, which would criminalize the purchase of sex from a person who was trafficked or otherwise coerced. It was still considered important to get this bill through, even though many were skeptical about it because it separated the women who could show that they had been pimped or forced in some way from those who were being otherwise abused and exploited in the sex trade, and it would be practically impossible to police."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2018 11:42 AM

Sure...because we needed another bullshit anti-trans thread.

by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2018 11:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!