Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump visit to the UK details finalised

Copied it here as The Telegraph is behind a paywall:

Donald Trump UK visit: Everything you need to know, from when he will arrive to who he is expected to meet

President Donald Trump will meet the Queen and go to Chequers when he visits Britain in later this year, with golf and a trip to Scotland also on the cards.

It is rumoured that his wife Melania will join him on the visit and that the couple may be honoured by the Coldstream Guards when they meet the Queen at Windsor Castle.

This would be the First Lady's first trip abroad since her hospitalisation for a kidney procedure last month. Melania was unable to accompany her husband to the G7 summit in Canada or to the Singapore summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, both of which took place earlier this month.

The US leader’s long-delayed trip will begin on July 13 and will include talks with Theresa May and an overnight stay. While it was originally due to last just 24 hours, it may be extended to up to three days.

The White House press secretary let slip the date of Mr Trump's trip in April in a press conference for journalists’ children to mark America’s ‘Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day’.

Friday July 13 has been chosen as the date because Mr Trump, who is known not to enjoy long-distance travel, is in Brussels for a Nato meeting on July 11 and 12.

A Downing Street spokesman said: “He will hold bilateral talks with the Prime Minister during his visit. Further details will be set out in due course.”

Mr Trump is understood to have personally approved the visit after weeks of careful negotiations between his staff, Number 10 and the UK embassy in Washington.

The visit offers a chance for Mrs May to improve her personal relationship with the US president, which figures close to both leaders privately acknowledge is not especially warm.

Yet it also triggered renewed fears of mass protests – one of the reasons Mr Trump has delayed coming to Britain for so long according to US and UK sources.

While the exact details of the trip remain under discussion, Mr Trump is expected to hold talks with Mrs May at Chequers, her countryside residence. UK aides believe that pomp and ceremony will help foster a warmer relationship with the US president.

It is understood that Mr Trump is expected to play a hole of golf with Prince Andrew at his family's Turnberry course. He is likely to meet the Queen at Windsor Castle before heading to Scotland, having repeatedly said how much his Scottish mother admired Her Majesty.

Both Mr Trump and the Duke of York are known for their love of golf. The US president has reportedly spent more than 100 days of his presidency at golf clubs, and has used the sport to bond with other world leaders.

Mr Trump is expected largely to avoid the capital, however, in a move that would minimise his exposure to the protests that are expected.

He will not be invited to address both Houses of Parliament – an honour that has been accorded to previous US presidents – because of opposition from John Bercow, the Commons speaker.

Last November Mr Bercow said that addressing the Commons was "an earned honour and in my view he (Trump) has not earned that honour".

A spokesman for the Speaker’s Office told The Daily Telegraph: “Mr Speaker’s views on this subject are a matter of public record. In any case, no request to address both Houses of Parliament has been received.”

The trip will not be the full state visit offered to Mr Trump just days after his inauguration, for which a date has yet to be set. Instead, it will be a 'working visit'.

The US President will not have time to meet Jeremy Corbyn during his visit. The Labour leader previously said he wanted to talk to Mr Trump about his "problems with Mexicans and Muslims" when he visits the UK.

Ed Miliband, Mr Corbyn's predecessor as Labour leader, met President Obama when he made a state visit to the UK in 2011.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114June 21, 2018 6:35 PM

Thank you OP.

Do we know where he will be over nighting?

by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2018 8:41 AM

After his tariffs, what kind of reception does he think he'll receive.?

by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2018 8:42 AM

it appears r1 is blocked.

by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2018 8:43 AM

I'll in the U.K. during his visit. Though I'm expecting that his minions will be sure that he will not appear before the unwashed masses, but if there is an opportunity for me to be among his U.K. "fans", I will certainly try. By the way, haven't found anyone in the U.K. that approves of him. They think he is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 4June 20, 2018 9:16 AM

Preparing for the protest and looking for suggestions, inspired by this brave woman who welcomed Trump on his last visit to Scotland. Trump is a lying, heartless dictator of a cunt?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 20, 2018 9:17 AM

These days the Tories (well most of them) are no fans of the Republicans, given how way off in the distance to the right American politics is compared to the rest of the world. Cameron endorsed Obama in 2012. Although I thinks that says as much about how right wing the Obama administration was as much as how extremely right wing the Republicans are.

by Anonymousreply 6June 20, 2018 9:24 AM

It's amusing he's avoiding London. Even the Chinese president got the full procession down The Mall and reception at Buckingham Palace.

by Anonymousreply 7June 20, 2018 9:27 AM

R3 I requested that anyone who was bothered by the comments of someone slightly right of center please block me.

I am sure that I am blocked by many, but that is what I wanted, I was so sick of the screeds declaring me to be a Russian troll, and I hoped that my request would reduce the number of those reading my posts.

by Anonymousreply 8June 20, 2018 9:53 AM

You're slightly right of center, r8? Well, that's an incredibly silly, hateful thing to be. How did you come to that way of thinking?

by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2018 10:28 AM

Golf with Prince Andrew. Yes, that sounds about right. They do after all have a mutual friend in Jeffrey Epstein.

It has to get to Trumpy that his visit is strictly second-tier at best. He's simply not close to being good enough to play the West End.

by Anonymousreply 10June 20, 2018 12:02 PM

I wish countries would decline to host him and his prostitute... er... I mean 'wife'.

by Anonymousreply 11June 20, 2018 12:06 PM

Plenty of time for all you Brits to organize a big welcome for the fat fool. Make him regret setting foot on British soil. We beg of you.

by Anonymousreply 12June 20, 2018 12:11 PM

why has Britain decided to accept a huge shipment of our most Toxic Waste?

by Anonymousreply 13June 20, 2018 12:13 PM

[quote] meet the Queen at Windsor Castle.

Between the wedding and the protests Windsor shopkeepers are having a great year.

by Anonymousreply 14June 20, 2018 12:17 PM

Can't they cancel the visit because of the human rights violations currently going on at the border? Who would want the piece of shit visiting their country at this point in time.

by Anonymousreply 15June 20, 2018 12:20 PM

I can't believe they are allowing him into the country

by Anonymousreply 16June 20, 2018 12:21 PM

I was really hoping the Queen would be spared from ever meeting this asshole.

by Anonymousreply 17June 20, 2018 12:29 PM

Friday the 13th is perfect.

What time is the assassination scheduled for?

by Anonymousreply 18June 20, 2018 12:35 PM

[quote]It is rumoured that his wife Melania will join him on the visit

You think his nude model immigrant wife is going to pass up meeting the Queen?

by Anonymousreply 19June 20, 2018 1:01 PM

Shame on UK going thru with his visit. Tariffs and child abuse. Isn’t that enough to cancel his stinky ass?

by Anonymousreply 20June 20, 2018 1:05 PM

Melania/Melanie must be working as first lady on a per diem basis...

by Anonymousreply 21June 20, 2018 1:09 PM

As expected, he's swerving London to avoid any demonstrations.

Having tea with The Queen at Windsor, will give him all of the pomp within the confines of the castle. He can helicopter out to Chequers or vice versa and then up to remote Scotland without seeing 1 single placard or demonstrator. How nice for his ego, to leaves these shores thinking he is well loved. All beautifully stage managed to give him the impression that he's welcome here.

Sometimes I really hate my fellow Brits. Dumping the EU. Trying to chart a new path in the world for ourselves, armed with only a 1950's map of the world, with some of the countries still marked pink on it. Being led by neo cons, intent on making the UK a low tax, low public service, flag waving poor relation to the USA. Kowtowing to Trump just so we can flog our artisan, crafted, warm beer to you and take your substandard romaine lettuce in return.

The UK was a nation to be proud of. Not anymore.

by Anonymousreply 22June 20, 2018 1:16 PM

We fully expect the mothers of Britain to step up. Do not let us down.

by Anonymousreply 23June 20, 2018 1:17 PM

Had he been staying at Buckingham Palace like with 'normal' state visits, there would have been the biggest protests the country has ever seen. I doubt he'll even see a member of the public during his stay.

by Anonymousreply 24June 20, 2018 1:23 PM

R22 the visit really is a slap in his face. Obama addressed Parliament. Obama met with political leaders besides the Prime Minister. Obama visited with the Queen and other members of the Royal family, when Poor Michelle scandalously put her arm around the Queen and then... the Queen out her arm around Michelle!!!! LOL! Then they had a State Dinner at Buckingham Palace!

So for Trump to golf with Andrew and get tea with the Queen, then have a "working meeting" with May out in the country, is a huge step down. The Royals and the British government are doing the bare minimum of what they would ordinarily do for an American President. I hope the Corgies shit all over his shoes and piss up his pant legs. I also hope and don't hate on me for this idea, that No One shows up to demonstrate. That's right. I want Londoners and the people around Windsor Castle to avoid the area. So we will see all these cops lined up but no one is there. They desert him, boycott him, IGNORE him. That would be the ultimate insult. Because he revels in controversy and he'd enjoy the demonstrations in his perverse way. So instead of asking people to demonstrate, I'm asking you to ignore him. Make him invisible.

by Anonymousreply 25June 20, 2018 1:31 PM

Who the hell does the Queen of England think she is? Tea at some tinpot castle of hers! What kind of invitation is that? Donald Trump deserves Buckingham Palace! If England can do without the US, then the US can do without England!!

by Anonymousreply 26June 20, 2018 1:33 PM

There will be demonstrations, most likely in Trafalgar Square. I can't imagine many people will travel to Windsor to protest and as someone said earlier, he'll likely helicopter in and out to avoid the public.

Were he visiting Buckingham Palace or the Houses of Parliament or even Downing Street it would be a different matter. This entire visit has been organised so he has no contact with the general public in any way.

by Anonymousreply 27June 20, 2018 1:40 PM

True, R27, but it shouldn't stop people from demonstrating. He watches TV. He is very concerned about optics. I'd wear an armband for the visit that said "Fuck Trump" In fact if I had the ability I'd have them made to sell!

by Anonymousreply 28June 20, 2018 1:47 PM

Actions against Trump in Scotland are in the planning. He lied and manipulated his way into the overdevelopment of his Aberdeen golf course before he was president and has made no friends among the populace since. Scotland as a nation has a long established tradition of peaceful protest.

by Anonymousreply 29June 20, 2018 1:56 PM

I read in the Evening Standard the other day that 80,000 people have joined a facebook page organising a protest.

He's loathed here.

by Anonymousreply 30June 20, 2018 1:59 PM

This is being orchestrated to the teeth to avoid a shitstorm...

I embrace public anger toward, or public disdain/ignoring of Trump. Whatever works best. He deserves nothing less than those two choices.

by Anonymousreply 31June 20, 2018 2:00 PM

We Brits will do what we always do. We'll be polite, hospitable hosts. The public will note his visit and that will be that.

His ego will be unhurt. Anglo US relations will continue as before. Prime Minister May and our alt right will hail it as a huge success in a country looking for friends post Brexit. The Trump will hail it as a success, as he'll meet the most famous woman in the world. He'll get the prestigue he longs for. Win-win for the establishment.

by Anonymousreply 32June 20, 2018 2:06 PM

Oh dear, I'm flying out of Heathrow first thing in the morning on July 13. Will Trump's arrival disrupt the planes?

by Anonymousreply 33June 20, 2018 2:28 PM

Kate must speak out. She's a mother.

by Anonymousreply 34June 20, 2018 2:29 PM

I don't think Trump lands at Heathrow. And if you take the Tube to the airport you'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 35June 20, 2018 2:31 PM

Her Majesty should not receive him.

by Anonymousreply 36June 20, 2018 2:33 PM

There should absolutely be a a push in the UK to cancel this whole trip until the child snatching issue here in the states is solved.

by Anonymousreply 37June 20, 2018 2:36 PM

If The Queen is having him for tea, that is the bare minimum she offers to be polite. Hell, she had tea with the Duchess of Windsor when the Duke was dying and we know how much she liked her.

by Anonymousreply 38June 20, 2018 2:37 PM

[quote]Scotland as a nation has a long established tradition of peaceful protest.

scotland isn't a nation....

by Anonymousreply 39June 20, 2018 2:39 PM

I feel sorry for The Queen having to meet the Mugabe's, the Nicolae Ceaușescu's and the Donald Trumps of the world.

When all you want is a cup of Earl Grey and a Fondant Fancy

by Anonymousreply 40June 20, 2018 2:42 PM

There will be gin in that teacup.

by Anonymousreply 41June 20, 2018 2:43 PM

Couldn't they just show him the Tower of London?

by Anonymousreply 42June 20, 2018 2:43 PM

Dubonnet R41.

Dubonnet.

by Anonymousreply 43June 20, 2018 2:44 PM

R42 He might put a bid in for the crown jewels if we let him in there.

You know how he loves gold so much!

by Anonymousreply 44June 20, 2018 2:45 PM

So, first there are tariffs and a trade war and then he starts a policy of tearing kids away from their parents ( and lying about it ) and May still has to kiss his fat orange arse in the pathetic hope we get a hint of a look in trade-wise after plunging out of the EU.

Thanks Brexiteers, you really took us to town.

I hope the Queen ruffles his stupid hair and then kicks him in his tiny balls.

by Anonymousreply 45June 20, 2018 2:45 PM

Yeah tea with the Queen at a castle miles from London is the bare minimum. A presidential visit would normally include a state reception at Buckingham Palace and an address to parliament etc. All he's getting is a cup of tea, a visit to Chequers and a round of golf.

It's deliciously shady if you compare it to the fanfare the Obamas got on their visit.

by Anonymousreply 46June 20, 2018 2:46 PM

Scotland most certainly is a nation R39. Just as Ireland remained a nation while it was in the UK. What Scotland isn’t is a state. But it will be.

by Anonymousreply 47June 20, 2018 2:51 PM

they should protest all over the UK. He watches the news and will see it even if he doesn't personally encounter it.

by Anonymousreply 48June 20, 2018 2:51 PM

He won't go, as his massive bloated ego wont be able to take it. Everybody hates the giant orange twat and they won't be shy about showing it.

by Anonymousreply 49June 20, 2018 2:53 PM

What's the point of this visit? Is it all about Trump wanting to meet the Queen, because certainly nothing will be accomplished.

by Anonymousreply 50June 20, 2018 2:54 PM

If the visit goes ahead after all the crimes against the toddlers here, it will mean that Britain is decidedly no longer an advanced democracy.

by Anonymousreply 51June 20, 2018 2:56 PM

Scotland is ready to receive him - believe me. It’s despicable but not surprising that May would even entertain this.

check out Trump Baby :

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 20, 2018 2:56 PM

The Queen has met with much worse, r51. Don't minimize true genocide by comparing. Mugabe and Ceausescu are actual baby killers. Trump is a awful person with shit policy, but he hasn't slaughtered 10s of thousands, yet.

by Anonymousreply 53June 20, 2018 3:05 PM

[quote]How nice for his ego, to leave these shores thinking he is well loved.

I imagine that The Queen, like The Pope, will be more than able to convey precisely what she thinks about Trump while remaining nothing less than gracious.

Trump will anyway be like a bull in a china shop, and is likely to make some egregious unforgettable error which goes viral.

His ego can tell him he's fabulous for meeting The Queen, and doubtless he'll bluster about it in a tweet (incredibly bad form, of course). But he'll know he was denied the ride in the open carriage down The Mall, and the glittering State Dinner, and he'll know why: because he's deeply hated.

by Anonymousreply 54June 20, 2018 3:44 PM

riding down the Mall in an open carriage is definitely a security concern, but I honestly would cancel my tea with this piece of shit if I were Betty Windsor. What he is doing to these children is beyond reprehensible. He is a monster. He is Putin's puppet. That's the only way any of this makes sense. If you place it in the context of what Putin wants for the United States. Trump should go to Windsor, then be told after he arrives that "Here's your tea, but the Queen is too ill to see you. You make her sick."

by Anonymousreply 55June 20, 2018 3:52 PM

Some scenes from last year's anti-Trump protest in Scotland. It will be easier to show presence against him in Scotland as he plans to golf and both of his courses edge public beaches. Perfect optics - protesters pictured against a typical Scottish summer's sunny or stormy seascape framed by the fragile, supposedly protected sand dunes he has developed on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 20, 2018 3:59 PM

Little finger sandwiches for Trump's little fingers.

by Anonymousreply 57June 20, 2018 4:02 PM

R57 Neither, arsenic and Major Grey's chutney.

by Anonymousreply 58June 20, 2018 4:08 PM

Theresa May is a most fascinating politician.

She hasn't a clue how inept she is at her job. All she wants is to remain the Prime Minister. She has no spine, no leadership, no nothing.

No wonder she's going ahead with Trumps visit without getting anything in return.

by Anonymousreply 59June 20, 2018 4:25 PM

[quote]The Trump will hail it as a success, as he'll meet the most famous woman in the world.

Marilyn Monroe will be there? I thought she was dead.

by Anonymousreply 60June 20, 2018 5:06 PM

[quote]Her Majesty should not receive him.

Her Majesty shouldn't have received Meghan Markle, either, but there you go. The old girl is too tired to argue.

by Anonymousreply 61June 20, 2018 5:09 PM

R54, You don’t understand Trump at all. His psyche will not register that he is deeply hated. It can’t handle the truth. He’ll tweet about how much the Queen likes him. Just like his pals Vlad, Kim and Xi.

by Anonymousreply 62June 20, 2018 5:10 PM

I can't wait for The Queen to remark on his visit on her Twitter!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 20, 2018 5:15 PM

She's humiliating him in this trip. No Buckingham Palace? No Parliament? No gilded carriage? But he insisted on that carriage ride!

Windsor with QEII and Chequers with May, a second-rate trip for a third-rate politician. The "no Buckingham Palace" must be so galling for him. The Obamas spent a couple of days there, I think. They definitely slept over with Her Maj and Phil at least once.

by Anonymousreply 64June 20, 2018 5:19 PM

On the other hand, the UK is a "sit down" for Trump from other meetings. He's coming from meetings in Brussels and probably just thinks, "I'll drop by just to humor them, but I'd rather just go home."

by Anonymousreply 65June 20, 2018 5:21 PM

Couldn't she put him up in a nice Jurys Inn or something?

by Anonymousreply 66June 20, 2018 5:23 PM

Will The Queen even include her private tour of Windsor, showing the priceless art? Doubt it. He's probably getting a half hour at best.

by Anonymousreply 67June 20, 2018 5:33 PM

Trump is requiring that George, Charlotte, & Louis are ripped out of Kate's arms and caged or crated for the duration of his most Heinous visit!

by Anonymousreply 68June 20, 2018 5:45 PM

The Brits should have him arrested on trumped up charges.

by Anonymousreply 69June 20, 2018 5:48 PM

I feel a dreadful cold coming on.

by Anonymousreply 70June 20, 2018 5:51 PM

She has time to create a medical situation to avoid any potentially unpleasant meeting.

by Anonymousreply 71June 20, 2018 5:55 PM

[quote]Will The Queen even include her private tour of Windsor, showing the priceless art? Doubt it. He's probably getting a half hour at best.’’

To a man who has a copy of a Renoir that hangs in the Art Institute of Chicago and insists it’s authentic? Why bother? Tea in the courtyard.

by Anonymousreply 72June 20, 2018 6:11 PM

It's a bit of a problem for anybody to stay at Buckingham Palace during It's 10 year $500million renovation (bound to cost $200million more).

This video just shows the disruption rewiring 'The Audience Room' caused. Only 774 rooms to go, plus plumbing and exterior renovations.

So as The Queen has contractors in Trump can't possibly stay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73June 20, 2018 6:13 PM

It grabs women by their pussys because he feels he's entitled to as a celebrity!

by Anonymousreply 74June 20, 2018 6:19 PM

That's the kind of excuse you use when you want to put off unwelcome guests R73. He will be booed from arsehole to breakfast-time during his UK trip however much they try to keep him from public view, the lickspittle 'you are very welcome here Mr Trump sir' right wingers will be seething.

by Anonymousreply 75June 20, 2018 6:23 PM

Muzzies terrorists in the UK have shoulder mounted anti aircraft missles, right?

by Anonymousreply 76June 20, 2018 7:33 PM

Go stand in the naughty corner r76 - we're not having good people harmed with him. An aneurysm however . . . hmm.

by Anonymousreply 77June 20, 2018 7:41 PM

There is an internet campaign to get 'American Idiot' by Green Day to number 1 during his visit.

by Anonymousreply 78June 20, 2018 7:59 PM

He'll do something with farage and taunt the mayor or slam Theresa after the visit. Something like that. P

by Anonymousreply 79June 20, 2018 10:25 PM

Maybe he'll piss Philip off during their meeting. Is he going to Paris at all afterwards?

by Anonymousreply 80June 20, 2018 10:27 PM

Theresa May is the Nancy Pelosi of U.K.

by Anonymousreply 81June 20, 2018 10:28 PM

Why are they letting this bastard into their country??

by Anonymousreply 82June 20, 2018 10:33 PM

It wouldnt be wise of the UK govt to piss on the US President, no matter who it might be.

Brexit looks to be leaving you rather short of friends, allies & trading partners. Trump will he President, post Brexit. I think you may want to play nice.

Or you can suck Junckers, Barniers & Verhofstedts balls, to curry favor with the EU horrorcrats, post Brexit.

by Anonymousreply 83June 20, 2018 10:52 PM

I wonder what the odds are that there will be an attempt on his life? Britain is not the USA.

by Anonymousreply 84June 20, 2018 10:54 PM

[quote] It wouldnt be wise of the UK govt to piss on the US President, no matter who it might be.

U.K. needs to grow a pair.

by Anonymousreply 85June 20, 2018 10:57 PM

Like Trump would be any kind of friend to Britain R83, he's shown what a great ally he is in his random and kamikaze tariff action, anyway he has Kim to think of now.

by Anonymousreply 86June 20, 2018 10:59 PM

R83 Whoopsadaisies

by Anonymousreply 87June 20, 2018 11:02 PM

Actually R83 it would be very wise to piss on the current president according to a certain dossier, perhaps Her Majesty will oblige with the Royal 'We'.

by Anonymousreply 88June 20, 2018 11:05 PM

If she has to meet Trump, the queen should give him a dressing down. There's no other point to the special relationship or meeting him.

by Anonymousreply 89June 20, 2018 11:15 PM

I hope that Her Britannic Majesty slaps his ugly, repellent face.

p.s. note that Trump used the royal "we" today when he announced the ending of forced separations of children from parents.

by Anonymousreply 90June 20, 2018 11:20 PM

Is there a movement among her majesty's subjects requesting her not to meet him. Or is that not a done thing in a monarchy? I suppose the queen didn't listen to her people when Diana died. Oh. I think I've answered my own question. Carry on UK!

by Anonymousreply 91June 20, 2018 11:25 PM

Is this the first time the "Queen" will be meeting a con man from New York?

by Anonymousreply 92June 20, 2018 11:26 PM

[quote][R3] I requested that anyone who was bothered by the comments of someone slightly right of center please block me.

[quote]I am sure that I am blocked by many, but that is what I wanted, I was so sick of the screeds declaring me to be a Russian troll, and I hoped that my request would reduce the number of those reading my posts.

I don't have you on block, but I'll keep an eye on you.

Being blocked is like talking to yourself, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 93June 20, 2018 11:29 PM

I think I plan more kidney surgery around dat time. Oh Dohnult, you go head wid out me. I bring Hank to White House. Beddon misses his Papa.

by Anonymousreply 94June 20, 2018 11:37 PM

Maybe she wants him to grab her pussy.

by Anonymousreply 95June 20, 2018 11:38 PM

Her Majesty has wasted no time in making sure that Trump's visit is a memorable one for all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96June 20, 2018 11:40 PM

[quote] President Donald Trump will meet the Queen and go to Chequers

Chequers has good chicken

by Anonymousreply 97June 20, 2018 11:49 PM

r92, If I remember correctly, she has hosted Bebe Netanyahu.

So, no.

by Anonymousreply 98June 20, 2018 11:55 PM

[quote] I feel sorry for The Queen having to meet the Mugabe's, the Nicolae Ceaușescu's and the Donald Trumps of the world.

She particularly hated having to receive Ceaușescu. When he left she commented in the presence of staff and a few guests, "That man has blood on his hands, of that I am sure." A mild statement, but considering she never remarks about on the political figures she is obliged to host, it's quite noteworthy.

by Anonymousreply 99June 21, 2018 1:46 AM

Donald had better hope the Queen doesn't die during the next couple of weeks because Charles has already said he won't meet Trump.

by Anonymousreply 100June 21, 2018 1:48 AM

I wonder if he’ll throw some Starburst at the Queen like he did at Angela Merkel.

by Anonymousreply 101June 21, 2018 1:59 AM

All I know is they better put some plastic sheets on their beds. I heard his sleeping arrangements tend to get wet overnight.

by Anonymousreply 102June 21, 2018 2:04 AM

I don't think this trip will happen.

by Anonymousreply 103June 21, 2018 2:06 AM

I hope the British trap him in his limo, drag him out, and kill him.

by Anonymousreply 104June 21, 2018 2:37 AM

Ivanka seethes that it's Melania, and not her, that meets QEII.

I can her now, wheels spinning in her shallow pool of neurons - I'll talk Daddy into letting me accompany them to Windsor...

by Anonymousreply 105June 21, 2018 2:56 AM

It would be HILARIOUS if the Queen showed up wearing a pantsuit for the first, last and only time.

Just sending a message that some pussy is harder to grab...

by Anonymousreply 106June 21, 2018 4:59 AM

Trump should not make the trip. May has already badmouthed him multiple times. He should take the hint that he’s not wanted and retract his statements about putting the UK at the head of the line for a post-Brexit trade deal.

by Anonymousreply 107June 21, 2018 5:13 AM

Why in the world would they allow this piece of shit to enter their country? I also hope the crowd will pull him from his limo and stomp him to death. If it were only him in the limo, someone could use a flame thrower on the car?

by Anonymousreply 108June 21, 2018 5:21 AM

I hope he doesn't try to grab Her by the corgi.

by Anonymousreply 109June 21, 2018 2:04 PM

[quote]I wonder if he’ll throw some Starburst at the Queen like he did at Angela Merkel.

I hope they included nap time on trump's itinerary.

by Anonymousreply 110June 21, 2018 2:09 PM

I suppose The Queen could suddenly remember that she had somewhere else to be (similar to when she remembered Paul Burrell had Diana's stuff just before his trial).

Or she could develop another heavy cold. She vanished for 3 weeks during her last one in 2016.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 21, 2018 2:16 PM

[quote]She vanished for 3 weeks during her last one in 2016.

Useful bonding topic of chat for Melania.

by Anonymousreply 112June 21, 2018 5:06 PM

Big Liz hasn't lasted this long being stupid. She knows how to handle herself with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 113June 21, 2018 6:18 PM

Kidney procedure, my sweet ass. Face procedure you mean!

by Anonymousreply 114June 21, 2018 6:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!