Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Janet Jackson looks STUNNING in latest edition of Essence magazine

Wow!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 7, 2018 1:23 AM

New single coming

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2018 12:58 AM

Yes lort!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2018 1:00 AM

Janet has somehow managed to reverse time.

by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2018 1:01 AM

Loved how they played her “Let’s Wait Awhile” on the latest episode of POSE.

by Anonymousreply 4June 20, 2018 1:01 AM

“Pose” writer/producer, trans activist Janet Mock, named herself after Janet Jackson. Mock has been a fan of Janet’s for years.

by Anonymousreply 5June 20, 2018 1:03 AM

The Essence Article:

JANET: Letter From My Heart

My dear Essence sistas,

We’ve been together a long, long time, and I’m so very grateful for our deep connection. We’ve grown up together. You’ve seen me face my challenges, and I’ve seen you face yours. As a precious sisterhood, we’ve been there for each other. I thank you for your loyalty. You must also know I couldn’t still be going strong without your undying support.

When it comes to happiness, I’m no expert. I have only my life experiences as a guide. I’ve known great happiness and great sadness. But I guess the question is, what do I really know about happiness? In order to answer this question honestly, let me review my life to see what I’ve learned over the years.

In my childhood:

I was happy when my brothers came home from performing on the road. I was happy when my mother lavished me with love. But I wasn’t happy with the way I looked. For most of my life, that lack of happiness has followed me. I wish someone had said, “You look fine. You look healthy. Being a little chubby is the least important thing in the world. Enjoy your childhood. Enjoy running and laughing and playing. Stop looking in the mirror and comparing yourself to others. When you compare yourself to others, you always wind up with the short end of the stick.”

In my teens:

Happiness came when people asked me to perform. It felt good to be chosen by a director or a producer. But I was happiest when I was pleasing others and not myself. An older and wiser Janet might have said, “True happiness is knowing you’re doing the best you can. True happiness comes when you realized you’ll never be perfect. Beware of perfectionism. Perfectionism is a prescription for misery.”

by Anonymousreply 6June 20, 2018 1:46 AM

In my twenties:

When I found my voice as an artist, I was definitely happy. I had hit records. And I developed a group of fans who would stick with me over the years. Those fans – and their beautiful loyalty – mean everything. Still, feelings of unworthiness haunted me. I had not rooted out the damage done by perfectionism. I was still comparing myself to others. If someone had said, “Compare means despair,” I might have listened. If someone had said “Be happy in the now,” that might have made all the difference in the world.

In my thirties:

I was happy with my growth as an artist. I was happy to write and sing about life experiences, like sensual pleasure, and nonmaterial matters, like faith, with less self-consciousness. I’ve always tried to deepen my faith. I was happy that while I might not have found a spiritual solution to my problems, I was on a spiritual path. I read somewhere it’s not about the destination, but the journey. Deep down I may have known that true happiness is not in the accomplishment but in the learning process leading to accomplishment. Yet I still had not embraced this idea. It was an abstract concept, not an emotional reality. These were difficult years, when I struggled with depression. The struggle was intense. I could analyze the source of my depression forever. Low self-esteem might be rooted in childhood feelings of inferiority. It could relate to failing to meet impossibly high standards. And of course there are always the societal issues of racism and sexism. Put it all together and depression is a tenacious and scary condition. Thankfully, I found my way through it.

In my forties:

Like millions of women in the world, I still heard voices inside my head berating me, voices questioning my value. Happiness was elusive. A reunion with old friends might make me happy. A call from a colleague might make me happy. But because sometimes I saw my failed relationships as my fault, I easily fell into despair. These were times when I did, in fact, have wise counsel. “Happiness doesn’t depend on the success of your relationship with others,” said one friend. “It depends on your relationship with yourself – and with God. God’s love is always present. Our job isn’t to question it. Our job isn’t to ask ourselves whether we’re worthy of God’s love, because we are. Our job is to simply and fully embrace God’s love.”

by Anonymousreply 7June 20, 2018 1:47 AM

Today, at 52:

Happiness has much to do with my work. Hard work – focused work, positive work – makes me happy. I’m blessed to be surrounded by a troupe of musicians and young dancers – a few from the J Tribe were photographed with me for this story – who inspire me with their creative energy. I’m inspired by the commitment of young people on justice causes. A new age is upon us, when high school students are speaking up on vital social issues with boldness and courage. And I’m honored to be part of a legacy of African-American women who have unapologetically focused on an artistic expression of their pain and joy. We are living at a time in history when women all over the world are refusing to be controlled, manipulated, exploited or abused. Heart and soul, I stand with these women. We have found our strength, and we will not relent.

Happiness is also realizing that, as African-American women, our proud heritage is one of moral courage and brilliance. We have guided, protected and nurtured our children. We have been the backbone of our families. We have endured, and we have prevailed. We are indomitable

Most important, I have found happiness in my relationship with myself and God. That happiness is grounded in the moment. Today happiness means being present. Feeling the love of those surrounding me. Feeling the love of those rooting for me. Feeling the ocean breeze as I walk along the beach. Smelling the fragrance of the flowers growing in my spiritual garden. Appreciating the awesome blaze of the setting sun. Reflecting on the wisdom of a book I’m reading. Relishing the new songs I’m writing. Treasuring the new friends I’m making. Seeking out such moments, and when I find them, letting them linger. Acknowledging their glory. Expressing gratitude that every day offers opportunities – even if they last only a few seconds – for beauty to enter and enrich my consciousness.

Now the height of happiness is holding my baby son in my arms and hearing him coo, or when I look into his smiling eyes and watch him respond to my tenderness. When I kiss him. When I sing him softly to sleep. During those sacred times, happiness is everywhere. Happiness is in gratitude to God. Happiness is saying, “Thank you, God, for my life, my energy and my capacity to grow in love.” Your sista, Janet Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 8June 20, 2018 1:48 AM

Janet no show the titties anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2018 1:48 AM

I'm the fourth person posting on this thread

Let's Wait Awhile is more than 30 years old

by Anonymousreply 10June 20, 2018 1:50 AM

My gawd she is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 11June 20, 2018 1:53 AM

❤️ that letter/article.

by Anonymousreply 12June 20, 2018 1:54 AM

GORGEOUS. She is the Queen of Pop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 20, 2018 5:41 PM

Of course she does. She had teams of stylists, makeup artists, lighting designers, photographers, and Photoshop artists.

by Anonymousreply 14June 20, 2018 5:47 PM

R14 is 65 and LOOKS it.

by Anonymousreply 15June 20, 2018 5:49 PM

THE QUEEN

by Anonymousreply 16June 21, 2018 1:05 AM

Issue out tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 17June 21, 2018 1:06 AM

❤️ 👑 👸 🎼

by Anonymousreply 18June 21, 2018 1:11 AM

What's will all the Janet threads? She hasn't been relevant in years.

by Anonymousreply 19June 21, 2018 1:14 AM

Poor R19, all in her fat, sweaty feelings.

by Anonymousreply 20June 21, 2018 1:21 AM

Stunning!

by Anonymousreply 21June 21, 2018 1:38 AM

Now imagine that speech spoken in that baby girl voice.

by Anonymousreply 22June 21, 2018 2:09 AM

🤮🤮🤮🤮

by Anonymousreply 23June 21, 2018 2:34 AM

Shy were

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 21, 2018 2:34 AM

The article is nice and heartfelt. But she didn't write and she doesn't feel it. Janet never even learned to read. She always gives her babies away and she has worshipped many gods. Her most admirable trait is her ability to lose weight fast when she has to. So many artists can do something else as they age but Janet has never read a book or done anything for anyone. She has no fake design talents and will never tell the truth of her life, so she needs her fans to make life worth living. She doesn't even watch TV because Jehovah forbids it. Janet does like sex though. Kinky degrading sex.

by Anonymousreply 25June 21, 2018 2:46 AM

Why all the fat Jackson threads all of the sudden? She is over and done and shan't be coming back

by Anonymousreply 26June 21, 2018 2:49 AM

^That’s a song that’s been played to death and continually proven otherwise with every Icon Award, magazine cover, tour and #1 album won and released by Janet.

by Anonymousreply 27June 21, 2018 2:54 AM

R27 Recently love? What has she released recently that has been a success? When was her last world tour? Sorry, her time has passed. Saw her live decades ago with The Velvet Rope, she was good. But she has not been on mt radar for decades now,

by Anonymousreply 28June 21, 2018 3:07 AM

This tired old bitch is always dragged out in magazines and shit periodically as if she has something relevant to say and it’s the same she or boring crap. Tranet is OVER. And HAS BEEN for years.

by Anonymousreply 29June 21, 2018 3:31 AM

[quote]What has she released recently that has been a success?

Well, sugar booger, her latest album, 2015’s UNBREAKABLE, debuted at #1 which, for an indie album with almost no promo, was a feat unto itself, never mind the fact that it put her in yet another record book and made her the only artist amongst her contemporaries to have a recent #1 album.

[quote]When was her last world tour?

Last year’s reconvening of her postponed UNBREAKABLE World Tour, which was retitled the STATE OF THE WORLD Tour, received massive critical praise, sold out many shows and had nary a canceled date despite her many pansy DL detractors forseeing otherwise. It was so successful that she’s continuing it throughout the summer.

But, of course, you already knew these things.

by Anonymousreply 30June 21, 2018 3:43 AM

R30 World tour? Bless. Why was her album released independently? No major wants her? Oh yes love, she is huge BWHAAHAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 31June 21, 2018 3:45 AM

Janet and Madonna are in the same boat and neither have actual record labels, just distributors.

by Anonymousreply 32June 21, 2018 3:50 AM

[quote]Why was her album released independently?

Well dearie, when you’ve done the label thing and done it so well for decades—so well, in fact, that you signed two of the biggest record contracts in history, was the first female to do so, and own your own masters, you kinda get tired of playing the corporate game and strike out on your own. That way, you see, you are your own boss, are free to do what you want to do and reap all the benefits with no higher-ups telling you how to promote, which singles to release, etc, etc, etc.

by Anonymousreply 33June 21, 2018 3:57 AM

R33 Free for nobody to hear her fucking songs you mean? No airplay or downloads equals commercial death

by Anonymousreply 34June 21, 2018 4:02 AM

Janet’s UNBREAKABLE single “No Sleeep” made the Hot 100, which is higher than any of the singles from Madonna’s latest label-released, heavily promoted album charted.

So there.

by Anonymousreply 35June 21, 2018 4:10 AM

R35 When old lady bests Cardy B, call me. Til then no fucks to give

by Anonymousreply 36June 21, 2018 5:02 AM

Because Baja Fresh had a contest R35. It was all over the internet idiot.

by Anonymousreply 37June 21, 2018 5:38 AM

She's a tired, crazy no-talent cunt.

by Anonymousreply 38June 21, 2018 7:44 AM

I to work hard to get my ex husband to fund my album and tour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 21, 2018 11:45 AM

Wasn't she the inspiration for the movie "Death Becomes Her?

by Anonymousreply 40June 21, 2018 11:48 AM

[QUOTE]Janet’s UNBREAKABLE single “No Sleeep” made the Hot 100, which is higher than any of the singles from Madonna’s latest label-released, heavily promoted album charted.

Pathetic for Madonna’s sake if this is true.

by Anonymousreply 41June 21, 2018 2:33 PM

^It’s true AND it’s pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 42June 21, 2018 5:37 PM

Cardi love Janet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 21, 2018 5:39 PM

Cardi talks about how she grew up seeing Janet Jackson in Baja Fresh commercials and that inspired her to start performing. It's in the new issue of Rolling Stone with her (Cardi) on the cover.

by Anonymousreply 44June 21, 2018 5:42 PM

However in three years it will be Whatever Happen to Cardi-B

by Anonymousreply 45June 21, 2018 7:00 PM

Photoshopped to the ninth. We need to see miss Jackson for the fifty something she really is not the digitally enhanced Jackson from the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 46June 21, 2018 7:43 PM

No photoshop. All natural. Totally beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 21, 2018 10:41 PM

Her eyebrows are hideous, as though they repel each other

by Anonymousreply 48June 22, 2018 7:07 PM

Her face is Photoshopped. A closer look at her face in pictures you can see the wrinkles and the actual face of a fifty something year old woman.

by Anonymousreply 49June 22, 2018 7:43 PM

[QUOTE]Her eyebrows are hideous, as though they repel each other

Is that all you’ve got?

by Anonymousreply 50June 22, 2018 8:10 PM

is she asian now?

by Anonymousreply 51June 23, 2018 12:07 AM

Getting ready to get another award

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 23, 2018 12:15 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 23, 2018 12:16 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 23, 2018 12:17 AM

R54 When did she fucking become asian?

by Anonymousreply 55June 23, 2018 12:24 AM

She didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 56June 23, 2018 12:26 AM

Her eyes are now asian ya blind person

by Anonymousreply 57June 23, 2018 12:30 AM

Triangular nostrils 😱

by Anonymousreply 58June 23, 2018 3:36 PM

Damn Lil Kim is looking OLD!

by Anonymousreply 59June 23, 2018 4:05 PM

She is! Too bad not every black woman can be as gorgeous as Queen Janet.

by Anonymousreply 60June 23, 2018 4:44 PM

Stay pressed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61June 23, 2018 5:06 PM

Does anyone know if Janet still has any money left?

by Anonymousreply 62June 23, 2018 5:07 PM

^She’s a multimillionaire and has been since the mid ‘80s.

by Anonymousreply 63June 23, 2018 6:10 PM

Yes honey, and the award is now named after her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 24, 2018 12:35 AM

Iconic.

by Anonymousreply 65June 25, 2018 12:34 AM

Skinny Minny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66July 5, 2018 9:38 PM

No one will ever forget Jane Jacket.

by Anonymousreply 67July 5, 2018 9:47 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 68July 5, 2018 10:11 PM

I like her. She sounds ok though she won't be remembered in 50 years except on DL. But stunning? Never.

by Anonymousreply 69July 5, 2018 10:45 PM

Number one albums throughout each of the last four decades, a litany of awards, millions of albums sold, a slew of hit singles, several pop culture slogans attributed to her, a mass of iconic music videos, a bevy of artists in which her influence continues to show year after year, a string of hit concerts, several albums that have appeared on various Best Of lists...oh yeah, she’ll be remembered alright.

by Anonymousreply 70July 6, 2018 6:11 PM

The Queen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71July 6, 2018 9:12 PM

I remember her.

by Anonymousreply 72July 7, 2018 1:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!