Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

10-year-old migrant girl with Down syndrome separated from family: report

A 10-year-old girl with Down syndrome was separated from her family while illegally entering the United States, Mexico’s Foreign Prime Minister Luis Videgaray told the Wall Street Journal in a report published Tuesday.

Videgaray mentioned the “heartbreaking case” while calling for the Trump administration to end its “cruel and inhumane” immigration policies of separating families at the southern border.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129June 24, 2018 2:30 PM

While I'm not a fan of this policy, where exactly is Mexico’s Foreign Prime Minister Luis Videgaray getting his information?

Frankly, as calcified as I used to think foreign policy was globally, I somehow don't think that incessant famewhoring and headline chasing is helping much.

by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2018 10:42 PM

They separated a 10 year-old girl with Down Syndrome from her mother at the border.

Corey Lewandowski, Trump's former Campaign Manager, then MADE FUN OF IT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2018 12:02 AM

R1, the Trump administration turns some people away at the border, forcing them back to Mexico. It's likely that Videgeray is getting his information from these witnesses.

by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2018 12:12 AM

[quote]while illegally entering the United States

Break the law, deal with the consequences.

by Anonymousreply 4June 20, 2018 12:13 AM

Trumpism = Nazism. No longer an exaggeration.

by Anonymousreply 5June 20, 2018 12:29 AM

I can't wait to shout "womp, womp" to Lewandowski when he's hauled off to prison. Evil is the absence of empathy.

by Anonymousreply 6June 20, 2018 12:41 AM

R4, maybe they should just shoot the children? Wouldn’t that make your miserable life much happier?

by Anonymousreply 7June 20, 2018 12:46 AM

I fear what they’re up to while we’re all focused on the immigrants. They WANT decent people outraged and distracted.

by Anonymousreply 8June 20, 2018 1:16 AM

Why on earth then come here illegally if you face the possibility of losing your kid?

Sorry, it’s no secret that Trump tightened up on immigration. It’s been over a year, this isn’t new.

So how about stop entering the country Illegally? Duh. That will solve this problem.

Stay home with your kids.

by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2018 1:22 AM

R9, are you really not bright enough to understand that people risk their lives to cross the border for the chance of a better life for their families? They’re not doing it because of boredom.

by Anonymousreply 10June 20, 2018 1:26 AM

Pre-natal testing should've taken care of that.

by Anonymousreply 11June 20, 2018 1:31 AM

R10, there are people from all over the world going through legal channels to enter this country. Some wait for as long as 15 years to obtain a visa. Stop making excuses for people who know they can game the system by demanding entry through illegal means.

by Anonymousreply 12June 20, 2018 1:36 AM

[quote] there are people from all over the world going through legal channels to enter this country. Some wait for as long as 15 years to obtain a visa. Stop making excuses for people who know they can game the system by demanding entry through illegal means.

Seeking political asylum isn't illegal you fucking cunt. Try again.

by Anonymousreply 13June 20, 2018 1:42 AM

Down syndrome is nearly nonexistent in Iceland.

by Anonymousreply 14June 20, 2018 1:45 AM

R14, a pound of rice costs $5 in Iceland.

by Anonymousreply 15June 20, 2018 1:47 AM

I’m on the fence. I kind of feel like, Don’t have kids if you can’t bring them up in a secure environment.

Basically, this is an extension of this.

No one told you to have kids, No one told you to drag them into a criminal situation.

by Anonymousreply 16June 20, 2018 1:55 AM

Get the kid a lobotomy.

by Anonymousreply 17June 20, 2018 1:55 AM

There are billions starving. We can not carry all the brown people. We can no longer pretend they are human. We need an adult alpha male solution. Meanwhile, let them stay at your house

by Anonymousreply 18June 20, 2018 2:01 AM

Rachel Maddow crying. Sobbing. Not able to talk. Fuck. FUCK!

by Anonymousreply 19June 20, 2018 2:02 AM

And we prided ourselves for being the most disgusting people with the worst taste ever !

We lost our title.

by Anonymousreply 20June 20, 2018 2:02 AM

R18 = a fat white Nazi cocksucker living in his mom's basement in Passaic.

by Anonymousreply 21June 20, 2018 2:03 AM

Drown the retarded kid.

by Anonymousreply 22June 20, 2018 2:05 AM

That's what your mother said, R22. Too bad she changed her mind.

by Anonymousreply 23June 20, 2018 2:08 AM

R10, they can do it legally, but they choose NOT to do it that way.

Sorry, it’s no secret that Trump has tightened down on immigration - they still chose to cross illegally. Worse, they put the welfare of their children at risk in doing so.

by Anonymousreply 24June 20, 2018 2:08 AM

Bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 25June 20, 2018 2:09 AM

R23, to be fair to R22; she probably poked his brain with hot knitting needles.

by Anonymousreply 26June 20, 2018 2:09 AM

R24, you’ve posted this exact shit multiple times on multiple threads. This will be my last time reading it.

by Anonymousreply 27June 20, 2018 2:10 AM

Everyone in this country who commits a misdemeanor should have their kids (or, where applicable, their pets) taken from them prior to trial. It seems only fair; you presumably broke the law, didn't you?

by Anonymousreply 28June 20, 2018 2:11 AM

Is entering the country illegally a misdemeanor?

by Anonymousreply 29June 20, 2018 2:36 AM

‘tender age’ shelters. Jesus

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 20, 2018 2:45 AM

Yes, R29. It is.

by Anonymousreply 31June 20, 2018 2:48 AM

Do you think the parents took their Downy on purpose? Do you think other parents will show up with their 'tards to "drop them off"?

by Anonymousreply 32June 20, 2018 2:59 AM

If only her parents would have cared enough about her to remain in their own country.

by Anonymousreply 33June 20, 2018 3:19 AM

[quote]Is entering the country illegally a misdemeanor?

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 34June 20, 2018 3:28 AM

Math class is hard.

by Anonymousreply 35June 20, 2018 3:59 AM

Any Democrat will do in 2020. Christ, even Joe Biden.

by Anonymousreply 36June 20, 2018 4:06 AM

Deport the racists.

by Anonymousreply 37June 20, 2018 4:16 AM

R13, I stated facts in my post. You're making assumptions based on the new excuse du jour: Asylum.

They entered this country illegally. God forbid we actually have procedures in place for people who break the fucking law.

by Anonymousreply 38June 20, 2018 4:28 AM

Seeking asylum is not breaking the law.

by Anonymousreply 39June 20, 2018 4:35 AM

Yeah, R39, I get that but people entering this country illegally claiming they are seeking asylum have to apply. The applicants have to prove that if they return to their home country, they'll be injured because of their race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group or their political opinion. They also have to prove they are personally being targeted by gangs, etc.

by Anonymousreply 40June 20, 2018 4:50 AM

You're not too obvious R38 LOL.

by Anonymousreply 41June 20, 2018 4:52 AM

The separation of parents and children is deeply unpleasant and shouldn’t be happening, but is every Western nation supposed to accept every family that tries to enter it illegally, or be deemed fascists?

by Anonymousreply 42June 20, 2018 4:55 AM

Try harder R42. You're being lazy.

by Anonymousreply 43June 20, 2018 4:58 AM

Why don’t you try harder R43? I’m not trolling. I’m not American and I don’t get the heart-searching over this. If these people aren’t legally moving to your country, you’re entitled to turn them away, you just need a better system for doing so.

by Anonymousreply 44June 20, 2018 5:02 AM

You're not American R44? Then why the hell am I talking to you? Piss off!

by Anonymousreply 45June 20, 2018 5:04 AM

How dare these people seek asylum and a better life in the US don’t they know republicunts want more money in their bank accounts and less immigrant children turned democrats??

by Anonymousreply 46June 20, 2018 5:09 AM

wait, what happens to the kids after getting put in camps etc? do they get to go home? or do they get to stay in the USA? Maybe the parents are bringing them over so their kids can have a better life, free education, free food and shelter?

by Anonymousreply 47June 20, 2018 5:25 AM

See R47 there's this thing called Google. It's so cool.

by Anonymousreply 48June 20, 2018 5:26 AM

R43, why don’t you actually try to formulate an answer to r42's question. Here it is again:

[quote] is every Western nation supposed to accept every family that tries to enter it illegally, or be deemed fascists?

by Anonymousreply 49June 20, 2018 5:54 AM

We need to do away with borders completely so that everyone can go wherever they want.

by Anonymousreply 50June 20, 2018 6:05 AM

R50 is either trolling or typical Western open-borders naivety that would have every civilised nation in the world in chaos in fairly short order. Call me whatever name you want, but the freedoms of the West such as gay rights and women being equal were hard won, and it would be simple vandalism to pretend everyone is on the same page. That’s not even getting into the financial side.

by Anonymousreply 51June 20, 2018 6:49 AM

I'm surprised the Mexicans don't dump their disabled in America. The children should be sold to pedophiles.

by Anonymousreply 52June 20, 2018 1:33 PM

There's nothing about maintaining borders that requires the kidnapping of children.

by Anonymousreply 53June 20, 2018 1:41 PM

13 yr old boys would be fun. How much will trump charge???

by Anonymousreply 54June 20, 2018 1:43 PM

I don’t know what the word womp means.

by Anonymousreply 55June 20, 2018 1:47 PM

so what did we used to do? what changed?

by Anonymousreply 56June 20, 2018 1:50 PM

It's actually like a slide trombone. More Wah Wah than Womp Womp.

by Anonymousreply 57June 20, 2018 2:14 PM

It costs 3x more to separate children than house them with their family.

Saw him on FOX today. He doubled down on the policy.

by Anonymousreply 58June 20, 2018 2:20 PM

Trump is the one who is breaking the law, I hope the UN will come and arrest him.

by Anonymousreply 59June 20, 2018 2:31 PM

R56. Obama administration policy was “catch and release”. Under a federal ruling, minors are not allowed to be detained for over 20 days. So families crossing the border with minors (either their own, or minors pretending to be their own) were released into the US with a promise to return for a court date. (Which, of course, they never kept.)

Once word got out in Mex/Central America about how easy it was to get into the US under this method, people with kids surged the border.

Until catch and release, illegal border crossings were by men, mostly, who are better physically able to make the journey. That's why these recent groups of families came by “caravan,” making their way openly to the border with water, food, and supplies. And photojournalists.

by Anonymousreply 60June 20, 2018 2:33 PM

R59, are you for real? The UN? how old are you? Please go read some books!

by Anonymousreply 61June 20, 2018 2:33 PM

I'll house some if those young hot boys.

by Anonymousreply 62June 20, 2018 4:12 PM

Please with the outrage over this poor girl. DL attacks and makes light of children with intellectual disabilities and developmental delays all the time. I've read posts here where people have suggested that such children should be abandoned by their parents, and even left to die because they are such a terrible burden on families, neighborhoods, and society in general. There was even a poster here bitching because a boy in a wheelchair was moving onto his street, and many posters agreed that the handicapped kid would "ruin" the neighborhood. Give me a fucking break that you care about a kid with Down Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 63June 20, 2018 4:22 PM

[quote]So families crossing the border with minors (either their own, or minors pretending to be their own) were released into the US with a promise to return for a court date. (Which, of course, they never kept.)

I'm sorry, but you're either horribly uninformed or you're lying.

by Anonymousreply 64June 20, 2018 4:28 PM

R63, don’t assume that all posters seriously believe those things.

by Anonymousreply 65June 20, 2018 4:31 PM

My block button loves these threads!

by Anonymousreply 66June 20, 2018 4:35 PM

Why aren’t the families just turned back at the border? If you fly to another country and border patrol doesn’t let you in you’re put on the first plane home.

by Anonymousreply 67June 20, 2018 4:41 PM

Harvard University still employs Corey Lewandowski. These are the same people who took a $2.5M bribe from execrable ex con Charles Kushner to admit his undeserving C student son Jared. Their Twitter is @Harvard and the Harvard institute of Politics, which employs Lewandowski can be reached at harvardiop@gmail.com, phone 617-495-1360, fax 617-496-4344.

by Anonymousreply 68June 20, 2018 5:15 PM

Entering the US illegally is a MISDEMEANOR!!

It's like you jaywalk and they take your kids away.

by Anonymousreply 69June 20, 2018 5:33 PM

Asking for asylum is NOT against US law, In fact, it's actually following US law.

by Anonymousreply 70June 20, 2018 5:33 PM

R63, reasonable posters would not participate in those types of threads.

by Anonymousreply 71June 20, 2018 6:02 PM

For the ever-insufferable piece of shit at R13, seeking asylum is not illegal but you must enter through a designated point of entry. As usual, the illegals crossing the border have zero respect for our laws.

by Anonymousreply 72June 20, 2018 8:12 PM

For the ever-insufferable piece of shit at r72, you do not need to enter through a designated point of entry to seek asylum. The law explicitly allows for this. As usual, you have no idea what our laws actually are.

by Anonymousreply 73June 20, 2018 8:18 PM

Further, oh insufferable piece of shit, many of those asylum seekers have been turned away from those "designated points of entry" by agents of the Trump administration.

Oh, and here's the relevant section of the law mentioned in R73.

Sec. 208: (a) Authority to Apply for Asylum.

(1) In general. - Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States ([bold]whether or not at a designated port of arrival[/bold] ...), irrespective of such alien's status, may apply for asylum in accordance with this section or, where applicable, section 235(b).

by Anonymousreply 74June 20, 2018 8:24 PM

Trump administration blocking people from legally applying for asylum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75June 20, 2018 8:25 PM

And getting sued for it. This has been going on for a while.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76June 20, 2018 8:29 PM

I do hope none of my fellow eldergays were sucking cock prior to Lawrence v. Texas, because that would have been ILLEGAL.

by Anonymousreply 77June 20, 2018 8:36 PM

And that whole pious, "our hands are tried; this is the law and we have to enforce it" shtick is just bullshit. From Julian Sanchez:

[quote]A bit of rhetorical sleight of hand I haven’t seen called out enough: This admin is in the habit of conflating “enforcing the law” with “applying the maximum legally available sanction to any potential infraction.” But that’s an insane way to “enforce” any law.

[quote]The Supreme Court has held that you CAN be arrested and locked up for failure to wear a seat belt (which, like illegal border crossing, is a misdemeanor offense). As a rule, that’s not how we “enforce the law” because it would be wildly disproportionate.

[quote]Nobody thinks we’re not “enforcing the law” if we fail to inflict this sort of humiliating ritual for every trivial offense on the books.

And, of course, let's not forget the Trump administration's selective enforcement. Since Mick Mulvaney took over the CFPB, that organization has not initiated a single enforcement action against banks, credit card companies, debt collectors, or other financial firms. And don't even get me started about Pruitt's record at the EPA.

None of this has anything to do with enforcement of the law. This is all about a deliberately cruel and inhumane policy to "send a message."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78June 20, 2018 8:45 PM

So let me get this straight... It’s perfectly fine for Trump surrogates to go on cable tv and make fun of child asylum seekers with Down syndrome but if anyone so much as suggests that the youngest Trump kid MIGHT be on the autism spectrum they are too evil to live? I just want to make sure what rules were playing by now.

Since it’s clear that it’s now acceptable to poke fun at the mentally disabled I want it be known right here and right now that I, for one, now have zero fucks to give about the little Trump retard or his widdle feelings. The Trumps deserve to get as they give and I hope that giant aspie gets made fun of every day for the rest of his miserable life. It’s just a bit of the sins of the father being visited on the son, it’s in the Bible so I’m sure Trump supporters are fine with it.

by Anonymousreply 79June 20, 2018 8:48 PM

[quote] I just want to make sure what rules were playing by now

There are no rules, dear. Or rather, the rules are ever shifting depending on mood or whim (all the while insisting that they are based on unalterable fact), outright lies, and whatever will score a 'win' and 'pwn' the other side. Welcome to American conservatism for the last 40 years. No real policies or core beliefs, just lots and lots of yelling, threats, and clever names for the 'other side'.

by Anonymousreply 80June 20, 2018 9:29 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81June 20, 2018 9:42 PM

you know that parent just wanted free medical services for the disabled kid. kind of obvious.

by Anonymousreply 82June 20, 2018 9:45 PM

R67 There isn't an airport in the desert. These people are not coming across the border at points of entry.

by Anonymousreply 83June 20, 2018 9:46 PM

Rule #1: Conservatives love whatever will be most likely to piss off liberals. Revised daily.

by Anonymousreply 84June 20, 2018 9:46 PM

Not to mention, R83, that we have laws that regulate claims of asylum and those laws insist on a hearing.

by Anonymousreply 85June 20, 2018 9:47 PM

What a bunch of self-righteous assholes in this thread. As for that douche, Sanchez at R77, there is a huge difference between a citizen of the USA (who can be easily tracked) and an unknown person entering the country illegally. So, no, we don't put people behind bars for not buckling up but you damn well better hope they vet the hell out of those coming over the border because entering the country illegally is a huge fucking problem. And people wonder why the Brits chose to exit the EU. This is exactly the reason why. Unrestricted immigration.

by Anonymousreply 86June 20, 2018 10:03 PM

also, be careful, lots of scams sprouting up all over the place. Asking for donations to these poor kids but who knows where these funds are really going. I won't be donating money. I may donate toys or items if I see some kind of drive.

by Anonymousreply 87June 20, 2018 10:08 PM

R86, nobody has "unrestricted immigration." And none of your rant has anything to do with the Trump administration's cruel and inhumane policy of separating children from their parents, including families who were legally applying for asylum, following the laws of the United States.

by Anonymousreply 88June 20, 2018 10:09 PM

R87, it's not that hard to figure out. Most people are donating to the organization that really does help these people: RAICES. The linked story is great: a couple put up a Facebook fundraiser to raise $1500 to bail out one such immigrant parent. They ended up raising $12 million and counting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89June 20, 2018 10:13 PM

But what you really want, R87, is for nobody to help these kids, based on the ignorant bigotry of your other posts.

by Anonymousreply 90June 20, 2018 10:15 PM

RE: Unrestricted Immigration - Check out Germany, R88 and then get back to me. As for my "rant" this now supposedly defunct policy was born out of the need to control immigration. It was also used as a deterrent but alas, they just a keep on a comin' don't they.

Bonus: Go research how many stabbings occur while screaming "Allah Akbar!" are recorded on a daily basis in France and especially in Paris. Then go check out what has happened to Italy. And after that mosey on over to Sweden and see the lovely results the "new arrivals" have brought to this once low crime country.

by Anonymousreply 91June 20, 2018 10:23 PM

And tell us about all those Mexican babies and your fears of them.

Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 92June 20, 2018 10:24 PM

So many racist cunts to set on ignore, so little time.

by Anonymousreply 93June 20, 2018 10:40 PM

So many illiterates who can only think to apply the word "cunt" to everyone and anyone who doesn't agree with their opinions.

by Anonymousreply 94June 20, 2018 10:52 PM

[quote]Check out Germany, [R88] and then get back to me

Oh, you mean the country that just announced that their crime rate is the lowest it's been since 1992? That Germany?

[quote]As for my "rant" this now supposedly defunct policy was born out of the need to control immigration.

There is no such "need," since illegal immigration has been flat in the U.S. for the past decade. There is no reasonable excuse for this cruel and inhumane policy.

The rest of your mindless rant isn't worth my time to respond to other than to point out that a "deterrent" that doesn't "deter" isn't much use, now, is it? Thank you for destroying your own case, such as it was.

by Anonymousreply 95June 20, 2018 11:02 PM

R95, Cupcake the Quote Troll. You are so incredibly tiresome. You cherry pick your "facts" in order to WIN!, WIN!, WIN! an argument. Tell me about the rise in sexual assaults in Germany. Tell me about France. Tell me about Sweden. And don't forget to school me on Italy.

You might also want to research the old law which allowed parents to cross if they had children with them. The old guard (young single men) who made up the largest demographic crossing the border were now replaced with young women and children crossing the border. You may love to paint these law breakers as sad and desperate asylum seekers but the truth is they are the same old law-breakers they have just found a new loophole to abuse.

by Anonymousreply 96June 20, 2018 11:17 PM

[quote]vYou cherry pick your "facts" in order to WIN!, WIN!, WIN! an argument.

LOL... Oh, the irony. You just don't like getting called on your bullshit, since you can never support your bigoted assertions. So you whine and go on the attack instead.

by Anonymousreply 97June 20, 2018 11:22 PM

Still waiting for your research to disprove my other points. As for going on the attack, well sweetie, no one does that better than you.

I'm waiting...

by Anonymousreply 98June 20, 2018 11:32 PM

So R96 is the Cupcake Troll. That cunt us been stinking up this place for ages now.

Just do the world a favor and kill yourself, asshole. No one will miss you and thus your absence will be a net positive for society by freeing up resources for someone worth being alive. Actually, when you do the deed try to do it in a way that no one even has to bother with cleaning up the mess you’ll leave, like maybe throwing yourself off a bridge into a river. Okay, CUPCAKE?

by Anonymousreply 99June 20, 2018 11:41 PM

So, you prefer "pussy" like your fascist Trump says, R94?

You're a pussy who's afraid of Mexican babies and toddlers.

We don't agree with your opinions because you're a dilettante crypto-fascist typing vacuous and utterly sycophantic hyperbole.

by Anonymousreply 100June 20, 2018 11:42 PM

My goodness, R100, do you have the vapors? I'm not afraid of Mexican babies. Those seeking asylum are not from Mexico, you may want to research that topic before you respond. Possibly Cupcake will share her notes with you. And a thesaurus is your friend and yes, less is more.

by Anonymousreply 101June 20, 2018 11:49 PM

R94 you are too vile to be a cunt. You are more like Trump’s improperly wiped hairy butthole!

by Anonymousreply 102June 20, 2018 11:50 PM

Possibly you could go lick Trump's butthole, you rightwing toadstool.

by Anonymousreply 103June 20, 2018 11:50 PM

[quote]Still waiting for your research to disprove my other points. As for going on the attack, well sweetie, no one does that better than you.

Dear heart, it's not up to me to "disprove your other points;" it's up to you to prove them. After you've done that, you can explain why they are at all relevant. Free clue: you cannot and they are not.

You started with these silly rants about "unrestricted immigration" but nobody is calling for that, nobody has it, and it has nothing to do with the situation we are discussing. You just wanted to bring that up to muddy the water because you cannot defend Trump's cruel and inhumane policies.

Then you tried to bring various European countries into it, even though the situations are not at all analogous (which you know, since you didn't even try to defend that analogy). And, of course, crime statistics from European countries have nothing to do with this country since study after study here in the U.S. has demonstrated that immigrants, legal and otherwise, commit fewer crimes than do U.S. citizens. But here's another free clue for you: you might want to take another look at Sweden's crime rate since it doesn't support what you claim. You can start with Politifact.

Then you tried to pretend that there was a "need to control immigration," even though immigration to the U.S. has been flat for the past decade, so this has nothing to do with Trump's cruel and inhumane policy. Then you destroyed your own argument by pointing out that "alas, they just a keep on a comin' don't they" [sic].

Then you tried to pretend that those seeking asylum are "law-breakers," even though the available data demonstrate that many of them are, in fact, following the law. And that we are taking the children away from people who have done everything properly and legally. And, of course, you have made numerous assertions, not one of which you've been able to back up.

You can't defend Trump's policies on the merits, so you have to engage in these silly games. And I'm quite confident that you will continue to play these silly games rather than admit the extent of your bigotry and ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 104June 21, 2018 12:20 AM

[quote]Go research how many stabbings occur while screaming "Allah Akbar!" are recorded on a daily basis in France and especially in Paris

Yes, because that just has so much relevance to a discussion of immigration on the U.S. southern border from Central and South America.

by Anonymousreply 105June 21, 2018 12:23 AM

Americans can't afford to raise retarded children anymore.

Some Mexican gal with a Downs kid? Right this way........

by Anonymousreply 106June 21, 2018 12:44 AM

I don't usually post about DL trolls. It just gives them the attention they crave and less likely to go away.

But I really wish the "Dear Heart" troll would depart.

by Anonymousreply 107June 21, 2018 12:47 AM

I'll say to you what I say to everyone, R107: block me. I post from two computers and I clear my cookies about twice a year, so four mouse-clicks a year and you don't have to read a single word I write ever again.

by Anonymousreply 108June 21, 2018 1:04 AM

Great now the US HAS TO SUPPORT A RETARDED KID FOR LIFE

by Anonymousreply 109June 21, 2018 2:01 AM

For those of you who are insisting that illegal immigration is a misdemeanor....it is.

However, when you cross at a random point in the desert with minor children you will be charged with Felony Child Endangerment.

I can't believe how may people here are all in favor of taking babies on a 4 month trip through the scariest territory imaginable "so they can request asylum." That is perfectly safe and understandable to you. But separating that child from a parent who would subject them to such torure is beyond the pale.

by Anonymousreply 110June 21, 2018 7:11 AM

R110. These people are desperate you plum.

by Anonymousreply 111June 21, 2018 11:52 AM

How many children do you have r110?

by Anonymousreply 112June 21, 2018 12:08 PM

Let's pause and thank God trump is president. He is ultimate adult and he he is making us safe and prosperous and white.

by Anonymousreply 113June 21, 2018 1:54 PM

The sad thing is that these days, there is no way to figure out whether R113 is a parody or real.

by Anonymousreply 114June 21, 2018 2:37 PM

R114, you have to make up Russian conspiracy theories. Trump is perfect president. Unless u think we should let in billions if browns and become third world

by Anonymousreply 115June 21, 2018 2:43 PM

Does she swallow?

by Anonymousreply 116June 21, 2018 2:49 PM

Wah-Wah.

by Anonymousreply 117June 21, 2018 3:19 PM

A question: the percentage of undocumented people (remember, they ARE people) currently in the US ACCORDING TO GOVERNMENT FIGURES is .... 3%. How is this a 'crisis'???

by Anonymousreply 118June 21, 2018 3:58 PM

R111 Desperate to get away from their native counties eh? Wonder why they did not chose to head thousands of miles in the other direction?

Do you believe that the USA owes all desperate people of the world safety and security?

You represent everything Republications find amusing about the Dems: you have a big heart, but sadly no common sense and very little grey matter.

by Anonymousreply 119June 22, 2018 9:56 AM

Christians have become cold hearted and cruel. They are rooting for and taking glee in these children’s pain and suffering.

by Anonymousreply 120June 22, 2018 12:22 PM

[quote]Do you believe that the USA owes all desperate people of the world safety and security?

No r119, maybe not the whole world, but r111 thinks that anyone who grabs a kid and makes it across the desert to the US border should be allowed in, no questions asked, as long as they say “asylum”.

by Anonymousreply 121June 22, 2018 3:39 PM

Don’t separate the kids you evil fucks.

by Anonymousreply 122June 22, 2018 4:00 PM

R121, is reading comprehension always this much trouble for you? That isn't what R111 said, of course. Perhaps you should learn to read before you spout off and demonstrate your ignorance?

by Anonymousreply 123June 22, 2018 4:46 PM

Massive "tent-cities" to be build on old military bases in the USA to house migrants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124June 23, 2018 9:03 AM

These children should be given over to the Catholic Priests who show the most interest. The girls can be given to nuns.

by Anonymousreply 125June 23, 2018 1:53 PM

Or to Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 126June 23, 2018 2:50 PM

At least the retarded ones don't remember when they are raped. Or rape the warm bodies if the recently dead children. Apparently they are dropping like flues

by Anonymousreply 127June 24, 2018 1:13 PM

If you think 100% of people that request asylum are granted asylum, you have no idea what actually happens. They get a court hearing. Most are refused. Then they're sent back. They make themselves available for court knowing if asylum is granted, they're home free. But many times it isn't.

The idea that if you walk over the border, you are guaranteed asylum is a right wing talking point. It isn't true.

Trump was told that the solution to this is to hire more judges, process them as quickly as possible, and send back the ones who don't make the cut. But he refuses to hire more judges. Why? That would solve the immediate crisis, and children wouldn't have to be separated from their parents. Process them, either they go home together or stay together. That's it. But oh no. That's too logical for him.

by Anonymousreply 128June 24, 2018 1:21 PM

He refused to hire judges specifically because he was just absolutely sure that they'd all be corrupt.

[quote]During an aside on the need for border security, Trump declared judges are ineffective in combatting illegal immigration.

[quote]“Ultimately, we have to have a real border, not judges,” Trump said.

[quote]“Thousands and thousands of judges they want to hire. Who are these people?” Trump continued. “When we vet a single federal judge it goes through a big process.”

[quote]The president appeared to be referencing calls from Republicans and Democrats for additional immigration judges to be dispatched to the border to handle the backlog of illegal entry cases and more quickly adjudicate asylum claims.

[quote]"Seriously, what country does this? They said ‘sir, we’d like to hire 5,000 or 6,000 more judges,” Trump continued. “Now can you imagine the graft that must take place?”

by Anonymousreply 129June 24, 2018 2:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!