Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The US needs to flex it’s muscles in Central America.

To lower the number of these asylum seekers entering the US, the US needs to police the Central American countries where the populous is terrorized, Solver the problem. Forget about the bandaids.

by Anonymousreply 60July 19, 2018 11:25 PM

Colonization 2.0 you suggest?

by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2018 11:23 PM

I think that the United States has already flexed its muscles more than enough in Central America over many years, OP...

by Anonymousreply 2June 18, 2018 11:25 PM

We haven't added any new states in a while. It's not like they are doing anything with their countries anyway. Throw in the Caribbean nations and we can have 50 new states Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 3June 18, 2018 11:26 PM

“Fleeing the murder capitals of the world” just said Sen. Kamala Harris on TV. Let’s fix that. I think we have done that many times before, and it works for a while. Oh, and make those countries pay for it, haha.

by Anonymousreply 4June 18, 2018 11:26 PM

"...flex it’s muscles..."

Flex it is muscles, OP?

You fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 5June 18, 2018 11:33 PM

How about we stop sending $100 billion a year to drug dealers in Central and South America? That might help.

by Anonymousreply 6June 18, 2018 11:33 PM

Vote out all Democrats. They are all America-haters.

by Anonymousreply 7June 18, 2018 11:35 PM

R2 has it correct.

One of the reasons these people are leaving these shitholes is that the US has been propping up their right wing dictatorships for the last 150 years.

One could say the US immigration problems are only the chickens coming home to roost.

And R6, if you cut off drug dealers in Central and South American, you're putting a huge dent in Putin and his Russian oligarchs money supply. With Trump as president, don't expect that to happen any time soon.

by Anonymousreply 8June 18, 2018 11:36 PM

Trump is looking for an adversary he can scapegoat for the next 3 years. Central American banana republic a plus. Apply in the East wing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2018 1:39 AM

I agree Democrats are to blame for this situation. As always, Republicans have the clear-eyed vision of what is best for this white nation, however painful it may appear to some.

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2018 1:51 AM

White=great. My bad.

by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2018 1:53 AM

OP, just a suggestion: When you are about to start a thread which you know will be very against the Data Lounge grain, be certain your grammar and spelling are on point. If you make errors because you hurried through the process without proof reading, you give the opposition exactly what you shouldn't.

Confirmation bias.

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2018 2:01 AM

Your typo wasn't the bad part, R9 R10, you racist scumbag shitlicking Trumpian troll.

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2018 2:03 AM

your heart was in the right place "

For genocidal imperialism.

by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2018 2:08 AM

Ok, let's play. Ollie North and theschool of the Americas.

Bush Sr head of the CIA.

But, sure. a Republican fascist is rewriting immigration policy and it's the Dems fault.

by Anonymousreply 15June 19, 2018 2:12 AM

It’s posts like this that make me think maybe there really are Russian trolls all over this site after all...

by Anonymousreply 16June 19, 2018 2:14 AM

They don't need to be Russian to be RWNJ trolls, R16, slithering out of their snake pits to hiss at passers-by.

by Anonymousreply 17June 19, 2018 2:35 AM

[OP] You may have missed it, but the present situation is being orchestrated by Stephen Miller, #45’s America first, rabid extremist isolationist. He is more than a few cards short of a full deck. To him, the only solution to the immigration problem is The Final Solution. No matter how many meaningful or creative solutions you come up with he won’t be interested. The question more important than what to do with Central America is how did this person get his presidential appointment and why has he been allowed to stay?

by Anonymousreply 18June 20, 2018 12:44 AM

US meddling caused half the problems those countries have in the first place. The countries where America didn't stick its grubby paws all over everything are doing fine.

by Anonymousreply 19June 20, 2018 2:42 AM

What people in central America and other hopeless shitholes need to do is to stop having babies.

by Anonymousreply 20June 20, 2018 3:26 AM

Thank you, R20, for a very practical and utterly useless solution.

by Anonymousreply 21June 20, 2018 3:35 AM

"the populous is terrorized"

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 22June 20, 2018 5:46 AM

Can we just send you down there with a machine gun and some grenades, dear?

Sorry, my bad. You're posting from St. Petersburg.

And while we have you here, a grammar tip for your colleagues on the troll farm:

"its" - possessive. "I smacked the troll in its balls".

"it's" - contraction of "it is". "It's obvious who's trolling from Russia on this website".

Please make a note of it.

by Anonymousreply 23June 20, 2018 6:01 AM

OP does this mean that the nations of Central America are incapable of "solvering" their own problems?

by Anonymousreply 24June 20, 2018 7:04 AM

^^^^God, I just realized how much I sound like Lucy trying to correct Desi's English.

by Anonymousreply 25June 20, 2018 7:09 AM

Venezuela's doing just fine, too. Come on over for a visit.

by Anonymousreply 26June 20, 2018 8:45 AM

The thought of OP begging for his life in Caracas is my new happy place.

by Anonymousreply 27June 21, 2018 2:10 AM

Fuck you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 28June 21, 2018 2:16 AM

Nuke the whole south america!

by Anonymousreply 29June 21, 2018 2:43 AM

Venezuela is most certainly NOT a shithole.

by Anonymousreply 30June 21, 2018 11:43 AM

OP Stay the fuck out of there and focus on looking after your health and education systems. Manifest Destiny no more.

by Anonymousreply 31June 21, 2018 11:51 AM

The reason Central America is such a terrible place is partly because America interfered there

by Anonymousreply 32June 21, 2018 11:59 AM

And flex your muscles? Like you did in Iraq and Vietnam

You couldn't win a farting contest, much less any type of war/intervention

by Anonymousreply 33June 21, 2018 12:00 PM

I was only trolling when I started this thread; however, the idea of an intervention to restore order and combat anarchy in Honduras and Guatemala sounds more appealing, to me, as I hear more.

Our asylum seekers aren’t political opposition leaders; journalists; whistleblowers; and so forth - they are just normal nobodies trying to go about their lives. Apparently their governments are powerless over their gangs, aka warlords. There seems to be a general collapse of governmental authority that is hurting far more people than show-up in the US.

So, now I’d like to hear more about the conditions and politics of these countries. A US military intervention to police and stabilize these countries and rescue its people could address the root cause of the problem of US immigration from those countries. I think it’s something we ought to be looking at. Though, the idea that the incompetent, Trump, would be “the decider” might be enough to kill the idea, I’ll grant that.

by Anonymousreply 34June 21, 2018 1:51 PM

[quote] The reason Central America is such a terrible place is partly because America interfered there

I think this generalization is ridiculous. There are lots of contributing factors, including drugs; drug money; corrupt politicians; general, extreamly poverty; and Soviet/Cuban Support for gorillas.

The US invaded Panama in 1989. How is Panama today? Is it better? Or worse?

[quote] Wikipedia reports that “Intervention is hardly new in Honduras. U.S. troops invaded in 1903, 1907, 1911, 1912, 1919, 1924, and 1925, usually at times of political turmoil. ...”

The US has successfully stopped civil wars and genocide in various places before. If Honduras is a failed state today, the US could take a step forwards to addressing its own immigration problem, and do good by the people of Honduras at the same time, with a cautious military intervention.

by Anonymousreply 35June 21, 2018 2:07 PM

Yeah learn Catellano and flex your tounge muscles with that deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 36June 21, 2018 2:13 PM

"There are lots of contributing factors, including drugs; drug money."

And the source of those drugs is, wait for it: Putin and his merry band of oligarchs, the very same Putin whose stank sleeve cock our jack ass of a President wants to suck so desperately.

by Anonymousreply 37June 21, 2018 2:27 PM

US muscle flexing is what caused the problem in the first fucking place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 21, 2018 2:41 PM

I was in Honduras and Nicaragua in May and it was US policies and interference that these countries into the problems they are dealing with today.

The long lasting effects of the US-backed Contras in Honduras trying to take down the Sandistas in Nicaragua cannot be understated. We have supported Ortega in his rise to dictatorship in Nicaragua and the people are finally trying to fight back. The irony of Ortega once being a revolutionary who helped overthrown Somoza is not lost on them!

Corruption runs rampant in Central America and sending large sums of money to the governments is not an effective solution.

Things are improving in Honduras, though I have to admit my experiences as a tourist in Tegucigalpa and Managua were very different than those of people who live there. The people have no faith in the government, and that I can say with certainty. They need more transparency, not less, and a US military intervention, even if completely innocent (ha!) would be seen as a way to prop up or install a government that would protect US interests first and Central American interests second, if at all.

by Anonymousreply 39June 21, 2018 2:53 PM

R38, that’s interesting, but it’s a pretty superficial article.

Perhaps a Marshall Plan for Central America is in order? A carrot and a stick? A comprehensive plan that includes Mexico may be in order. I’ve read that Mexico is losing control of vast parts of its North, to gangs and drugs. And how is it that these refugees are allowed into Mexico, and transverse Mexico, in the first place? Why isn’t Mexico policing its southern border?

The US is going to have worsening immigration problems in perpetuity unless it addresses to root cause of the problem. That includes US drug policy, since so much of the gang activity is fueled by drug money originating in the US.

by Anonymousreply 40June 21, 2018 2:58 PM

R35 Gorillas are indigenous to the Americas?

by Anonymousreply 41June 21, 2018 5:20 PM

R41, just the support for them.

by Anonymousreply 42June 21, 2018 5:25 PM

Lessee OP, we've been flexing our muscles for about 15 years now in the Middle East and other hot spots in our "war on terror". How's that been working out?

by Anonymousreply 43June 21, 2018 6:52 PM

Charlie, we’ve done well, I think. We haven’t experienced a world war or even any major war in Europe, excepting in the former Yugoslavia, since WWII. Contrast that with the previous European wars which went on for decades.

It’s impossible, of course, to know how life would be different, if different decisions were made.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 22, 2018 12:12 AM

R44, I think we can all agree that conflicts in Europe are not what we should be worried about.

by Anonymousreply 45June 22, 2018 12:18 AM

The US government will have to get out of the drug business first.

by Anonymousreply 46June 22, 2018 12:48 AM

[quote] R45: [R44], I think we can all agree that conflicts in Europe are not what we should be worried about.

I don’t agree. The fact is that we and our allies have been very successful in managing and minimizing conflicts in Europe. It might not be obvious today, but warfare was Europe’s natural state, for centuries. Have you ever noticed the bullet holes in public buildings around Europe? The most impressive I’ve seen are in the Berlin Museum area.

During the height of the Cold War, the US stationed over 50,000 soldiers in West Germany. Russia remains a threat to Europe in particular, to this very day. Actually, the US presence in Germany or Japan might serve as good example as to how to deal with Honduras.

Check out the list of European conflicts in R44.

by Anonymousreply 47June 22, 2018 1:35 AM

If we could only spread a plague in these areas and kill off the native population and beING immune to it ourselves, we could start a resort area with winter homes. Any European part person is standing because their ancestors lived through 2 major plagues. Smart people moved into the country and avoided cities and other people. They survived but had to remain self sufficient and highly innovative to eek out mere survival. Then those frigid, unpredictable winters. THIS, people is why this race is so amazing. Please stop piling on the Whites". They've been through the mill. Those survivors beat unbelievable odds. European population has been dessimated at times. Those that made it through and rose from the ashes are the ancestors of what you're seeing now.

by Anonymousreply 48June 22, 2018 1:59 AM

And the rockets red glare, r48!

by Anonymousreply 49June 22, 2018 2:01 AM

We occupied Germany and Japan after a massive loss of life. Very few people in the US have any stomach for more invasions and wars.

by Anonymousreply 50June 22, 2018 2:03 AM

^it has shaped them. They earned their history. Screw those people from other societies that never earned this place. Suffered greatly for eons. Saudi Arabia, desert nomads living off of huge buildings, driving luxury cars. They didn't earn that. That's why you have so many growing pains in these Nations. You've got to have a track record, earn and own these traits.

by Anonymousreply 51June 22, 2018 2:05 AM

Trust. It'll be open season on the migrant eventually. The ones who survive will flee back to their shit holes as no one is taking them anymore. They make poor servants, have a religious ax to grind and are not attractive. They're just going to end up getting themselves killed. It'll be safer where they ran for before the Europeans get through with them. Most people view these people as insects, not even mammals.

by Anonymousreply 52June 22, 2018 2:17 AM

Don't feel bad for the sponges seeking asylum. Why? Since there's no many of them they could unite, build tents, long houses and communities in the woods as a resistance. Be American or European, you're being used. Shows these people running from danger find it difficult to work well w/ others. Feel nothing for them.

by Anonymousreply 53June 22, 2018 2:48 AM

R39, bullshit. Not our jobs. The people need to form a resistance and do their own work or no one is going to take them seriously. Why should WE give one fuck about them. They found the energy to make it here. Displaced. We worked for what we have. Not our problem.

by Anonymousreply 54June 22, 2018 3:26 AM

OMG, R8, you started off so well and then you went and slid into all that tiresome Russia-baiting and Putin-hating nonsense. Tut tut.

by Anonymousreply 55July 19, 2018 11:15 PM

Amen, R33.

by Anonymousreply 56July 19, 2018 11:17 PM

I generally despise those people screaming "BORIS!!! LET GO OF GOOGLE TRANSLATE!!!", but I can't find any other explanation for OP's post.

by Anonymousreply 57July 19, 2018 11:19 PM

"Very few people in the US have any stomach for more invasions and wars. "

Jesus, R50, are you in all-out denial or just bloody stupid? All the United States has been doing for years now is invading countries and causing wars, FFS!

by Anonymousreply 58July 19, 2018 11:20 PM

Global warming is driving human migration. As the earth gets too hot to support life, people will move to find resources.

Don't like it? Support clean/green energy

by Anonymousreply 59July 19, 2018 11:20 PM

R23, are you seriously 'outing' OP as a Russian troll on the sole basis of the difference between 'its' and 'it's'?

You do realize that the vast majority of Americans and Brits don't have a fucking clue of the difference between the two, right?

You're a fucking patronizing, tiresome twat.

by Anonymousreply 60July 19, 2018 11:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!