Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Laura Bush Writes Op-Ed BLASTING Trump

Separating children from their parents at the border ‘breaks my heart’

“These images are eerily reminiscent of the Japanese American internment camps of World War II, now considered to have been one of the most shameful episodes in U.S. history.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151June 20, 2018 5:17 PM

There you go

by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2018 1:23 AM

Atta girl!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 18, 2018 1:33 AM

Good for her. And they live in Texas. Hopefully, it helps open some eyes.

by Anonymousreply 3June 18, 2018 1:35 AM

I think it'll give some Republicans here "permission" to protest this extortion.

by Anonymousreply 4June 18, 2018 1:38 AM

Wow, she didn't have to say anything. Bush dealt with this problem as governor and as president. It says something that the Bushes are also disgusted.

by Anonymousreply 5June 18, 2018 1:39 AM

Go Pickles!

by Anonymousreply 6June 18, 2018 1:42 AM

Librarian says SHHHHit

by Anonymousreply 7June 18, 2018 1:45 AM

Go Laura!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 18, 2018 1:45 AM

Good on her! I have only heard good things about her from people I know who have the pleasure of meeting her. She always supported equality too.

by Anonymousreply 9June 18, 2018 1:58 AM

Always liked her.

by Anonymousreply 10June 18, 2018 1:58 AM

I never did, but she was trying her best under the shitty circumstances

by Anonymousreply 11June 18, 2018 1:59 AM

[quote] I have only heard good things about her from people I know who have the pleasure of meeting her.

Well...except for that person she ran down with her car.

by Anonymousreply 12June 18, 2018 2:00 AM

That person is DEAD and isn't meeting anyone.

by Anonymousreply 13June 18, 2018 2:01 AM

R12 Sorry, as I didn't know her, and believe she was long laid to rest before I met the two people who worked for GW.

by Anonymousreply 14June 18, 2018 2:02 AM

[quote]I live in a border state. I appreciate the need to enforce and protect our international boundaries, but this zero-tolerance policy is cruel. It is immoral. And it breaks my heart.

AND ITS THE POLICY OF YOUR FUCKING POLITICAL PARTY!

by Anonymousreply 15June 18, 2018 2:05 AM

[quote] AND ITS THE POLICY OF YOUR FUCKING POLITICAL PARTY!

Well at least she is doing her part. She could have just kept her mouth shut, but she is using her platform as a former First Lady to speak out.

by Anonymousreply 16June 18, 2018 2:07 AM

R16 Cheers, and she is using her voice as a mother AND a Republican, so I hope the Republicans are listening. I have heard it on somewhat good authority that GW & Laura voted Hillary, though Barb & HW sat the round out.

by Anonymousreply 17June 18, 2018 2:11 AM

Laura Bush just tweeted minutes ago

"I live in a border state. I appreciate the need to enforce and protect our international boundaries, but this zero-tolerance policy is cruel. It is immoral. And it breaks my heart."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 18, 2018 2:14 AM

The more pressure on Trump the better. He's currently blaming democrats but sooner or later he'll shift blame closer to home and we may see another White House firing.

by Anonymousreply 19June 18, 2018 2:18 AM

OMG Tom Arnold just tweeted about Laura Bush op-ed

Read this new Op-Ed by Laura Bush. Enough with the back & forth bullshit. These words are the only words that matter. If you read this & disagree you are a monster. Case closed. Let's fix this quick & good lord, how did we let this happen & what else have these awful people done?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 18, 2018 2:22 AM

The coalition led by her husband, Cheney, and Blair didn't just separate kids and parents, it killed them.I guess she never tweeted about that slaughter because it wasn't happening in her backyard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 18, 2018 2:23 AM

I thought Laura Bush was a democrat.

by Anonymousreply 22June 18, 2018 2:25 AM

R22 she was a raised as a Democrat, but switched when she married into the Bush family

by Anonymousreply 23June 18, 2018 2:27 AM

R17 - well wouldn't it have been great for them to mention that publicly if they did. But they didn't.

by Anonymousreply 24June 18, 2018 2:28 AM

Barbara Bush was pro-choice.

by Anonymousreply 25June 18, 2018 2:28 AM

Laura Bush is also pro-choice and supports Marriage Equality

by Anonymousreply 26June 18, 2018 2:29 AM

I remember a time when I thought W was the worst thing to EVER happen to this Country. I was horribly WRONG.

by Anonymousreply 27June 18, 2018 2:38 AM

Agree, R27. I thought the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 28June 18, 2018 2:44 AM

The Bushes hate Trump. They think he's unqualified, incompetent trash.

by Anonymousreply 29June 18, 2018 3:00 AM

I’m sure she’s already getting death threats from deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 30June 18, 2018 3:00 AM

Hey Laura, your husband killed 100,000+ Iraqis and created Isis. Can crying children get in line?

by Anonymousreply 31June 18, 2018 3:05 AM

Appealing to emotions.

Does her heart break for the kid she ran over and killed?

by Anonymousreply 32June 18, 2018 3:29 AM

[quote]Does her heart break for the kid she ran over and killed?

Probably?

by Anonymousreply 33June 18, 2018 3:37 AM

[quote] Does her heart break for the kid she ran over and killed?

She wrote about it in her book. She was a teenager at the time, and she ran through a stop sign and killed a classmate who was a close friend.

by Anonymousreply 34June 18, 2018 3:38 AM

Murderess cares about the Brown People. Got it.

by Anonymousreply 35June 18, 2018 3:43 AM

"Yes, Virginia, George W. Bush is still a war criminal. I publicly demonized him during his Presidency, and he deserved it, every bit. He is not your friend. He bombed Afghanistan, invaded Iraq, authorized torture, and let a city drown. He protected murderers and sadists with the loyalty of his Administration. He committed monstrous acts. Nothing Trump has done, even at his worst, comes close to the crimes of Bush. George Washington was the Father of Nation, but only George W. Bush could be the Father of Gitmo.

George W. Bush will never stop being a war criminal. Nothing anyone does or says will change that. For his administration, he picked a pack of blood-thirsty boobs and liars, and they were lovely in his sight. On his deathbed, he will be a war criminal. When he is painting, he is a war criminal. When he texts his friends, he is a war criminal. All his family members are the relations of a war criminal. Whenever Bill Clinton hosts George W. Bush on his plane, he’s hosting a war criminal. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 18, 2018 3:46 AM

Holy shit! If you're getting publicly dragged by Laura Bush, you have seriously fucked yourself up.

by Anonymousreply 37June 18, 2018 3:48 AM

Could we allow Laura to be Laura R36? ...rather than GW's conscience, if he had one.

by Anonymousreply 38June 18, 2018 3:49 AM

[quote] The Bushes hate Trump. They think he's unqualified, incompetent trash.

Proving that the Bushes are not as dumb as we previously thought, at least when it comes to judging their presidential predecessors/successors. The Bushes get along very well with the Clintons and love the Obamas.

Everyone hates Trump, even Laura Bush for fuck's sake. I don't recall her ever saying a really harsh word about anyone.

by Anonymousreply 39June 18, 2018 3:54 AM

Agree R37. When Laura Bush is the moral compass, wow.

by Anonymousreply 40June 18, 2018 3:54 AM

Much respect for Laura Bush. Yeah!

by Anonymousreply 41June 18, 2018 3:55 AM

R38, I truly hate Trump!

But, let us not forget George W. Bush is a war criminal. Democrats have such short memories.

Laura Bush should just stay quiet. She is in no position to lecture anyone about morals and ethics.

by Anonymousreply 42June 18, 2018 3:57 AM

I'd take Laura Bush's moral compass over Fat Fuck Trump's seven days a week and twice on Sundays.

by Anonymousreply 43June 18, 2018 3:57 AM

Former First Lady of a Republican President... so yes, great that she spoke up. Maybe she'll influence some repubs.

by Anonymousreply 44June 18, 2018 3:59 AM

Meh. W's war criminality is long over and done with, Laura's teenage car accident was never an issue except with crazy people. We have a whole new, bigger set of problems now and their name is Trump. Focus.

by Anonymousreply 45June 18, 2018 4:00 AM

R9 Laura Bush supports Marriage Equality in name only. When a magazine featured people who were in favor of Equality with photos of them, including Laura, she contacted them and asked that her photo be taken off the cover. Someone like her is show but very little substance.

She'll stand up for children because it's safe to do so, but other people, forget about it.

by Anonymousreply 46June 18, 2018 4:00 AM

RESPECT At least she tried to do something useful . Not like the useless cunts wife and daughter

by Anonymousreply 47June 18, 2018 4:00 AM

Thank you Laura Bush - someone has to shit shame these White Nationalists in the WH - Illegitimate though they may all be.

I hope she cc:

Susan Collins Moderate in name only

Lisa Murkowski with all the Indigenous people that elected her to office - and every fucking Texas GOP pos politician.

Lindsey Graham too

Useless Marco Rubio also

by Anonymousreply 48June 18, 2018 4:01 AM

Move on, r46, ain't nobody got time for that now.

by Anonymousreply 49June 18, 2018 4:02 AM

Yeah, everyone's sad.

Sarah Huckabee-Sanders cried at the press conference and I started my whisper campaign to get rid of her. WEAK. She's toast.

by Anonymousreply 50June 18, 2018 4:02 AM

[quote]Meh. W's war criminality is long over and done with,

I’m sure the thousands of Iraqis made orphans by dumbya’s war are relieved to know you’re bored with the Iraq war because it’s long been off the cable news cycle.

by Anonymousreply 51June 18, 2018 4:12 AM

R45 yes, let’s just Forget about a war that’s still happening 15 years later & millions of innocents & soldiers that lost their lives 🙄 it’s much more important we hate Trump. We wouldn’t have Trump if it wasn’t for the Bush’s. I don’t hate Laura Bush, but never, ever forget her husband is a war criminal.

by Anonymousreply 52June 18, 2018 4:12 AM

R51 beat me to it!

by Anonymousreply 53June 18, 2018 4:13 AM

R45, you ar either a) a troll, b) painfully stupid or c) a psychopath

by Anonymousreply 54June 18, 2018 4:13 AM

R46 I actually read in a magazine that she supported it, and always has. This was back in happy Obama-time. Her picture was featured too. R42 I hate Trump too, so let's all recall the phrase the enemy of my enemy is my friend, or something to that end. People need to be pragmatic and pull together, now more than ever. BTW, I'm not an American, cannot vote or pester senators, and have no horse of my own in this race; I'm just trying to be fair minded. I don't hold peoples' partners in contempt or declare them guilty of the other's crimes. We are our own free agents in this realm with free will and volition. I would not for a moment believe she could control him.

by Anonymousreply 55June 18, 2018 4:14 AM

The Bushes helped to get Trump elected by absurdly pursuing a THIRD Bush presidency.

by Anonymousreply 56June 18, 2018 4:15 AM

That may as well be true R56, but let's not lose sight of the prize. The matter at hand is we need more people to do as she has. PRONTO

by Anonymousreply 57June 18, 2018 4:18 AM

My bad, the Iraq War long ended but it’s the Afghanistan War that’s still going on. Her husband started TWO wars that drained our economy & started the biggest recession since The Great Depression. Yes, yes let’s all forget about that. Some voices are not worth having when her war criminal husband is attached to it. Enough real liberals & progressives are speaking out. Funny those on DL want/need Laura’s voice but condem Bernie for speaking up.

by Anonymousreply 58June 18, 2018 4:21 AM

Ah. I see that we have plenty of living-in-the-past whiners to ignore. Buh-bye, children.

p.s. I'll bet that I worked a lot harder and more seriously against both Bush regimes than any of you twats.

by Anonymousreply 59June 18, 2018 4:23 AM

This is going to end with refugee children getting sold into child prostitution.

You know that's what they're up to while denying everything.

by Anonymousreply 60June 18, 2018 4:27 AM

R60 is a refugee from Crazy Days and Lies where all roads lead to child prostitution fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 61June 18, 2018 4:31 AM

R58 You are just missing the mark. Perhaps because the US has never had anything like a coalition government, or cabinet is perhaps why you do not recognise the value of a unified voice. There is truth in a consensus, and some only listen to voices from their own camp. There needs to be more of this here in the states. This is why democrats have been weakened; not enough coming together for the common good. It seems many just want to remain angry, hopeless, and continue to scapegoat the wrong people.

by Anonymousreply 62June 18, 2018 4:38 AM

[quote] Does her heart break for the kid she ran over and killed?

Did you read her memoir, or Curtis Sittenfield's "American Wife"? Not only did it completely break her heart, but she has spent her entire life reeling from that one moment. She never has overcome it.

by Anonymousreply 63June 18, 2018 4:43 AM

R62 like war criminals. and Bernie voted for & campaigner for Hillary during the election, where was her dear friend Laura Bush? Yet it’s more important we have war criminals on our side then people who are anti-war. People are leaving the Democratic Party because of this—choosing “sides” that pull for some similar values rather than the issues.

by Anonymousreply 64June 18, 2018 4:43 AM

[quote] The Bushes helped to get Trump elected by absurdly pursuing a THIRD Bush presidency.

Yes, it is Laura's fault entirely her brother-in-law ran for president and was publicly humiliated by Donald Trump. It was all part of her extra-sneaky plan to put Trump in charge. She is the one to blame!

by Anonymousreply 65June 18, 2018 4:44 AM

Again R64, reach across the aisle. Don't blame someone for trying to good. Judge her on her own merits. I feel blaming wives for their husbands' transgressions is just another example of men always trying to blame shit on women. Really weak men continue to do this. This isn't about their family winning any sort of popularity contest.

by Anonymousreply 66June 18, 2018 4:48 AM

It' s good, but what about all the innocent civilians and mothers and kids killed in Iraq for nothing thanks to her hubby? And the media would not show pictures of them or the coffins of dead US soldiers.

by Anonymousreply 67June 18, 2018 4:55 AM

That is bloody awful R67, but the issue and thread isn't about that! SHE isn't any more responsible for that than I am. It is no surprise at all why your congress and senate no longer work together either. Everyone seems to have your poisoned mindset.

by Anonymousreply 68June 18, 2018 4:59 AM

R68 I’m R58 & R64 but not R67 I think you think you are responding the same person, I stoped responding because I didn’t want to argue about it. Just letting you know.

by Anonymousreply 69June 18, 2018 5:03 AM

* stopped I mean. and yes, I guess other people do have my “poisoned mindset” lol

by Anonymousreply 70June 18, 2018 5:05 AM

Cheers R69. Sometimes I misguidedly think I can convince someone something is positive. I do feel sometimes we foreigners living amongst you do possess a bit of objectivity that seems to be sorely lacking in the population.

by Anonymousreply 71June 18, 2018 5:07 AM

The elites caused this situation. And, yes, that includes both Laura Bush and Tom Arnold. The elites encouraged illegal immigration though liberals and conservatives had different reasons for doing so.

by Anonymousreply 72June 18, 2018 5:10 AM

More often than not, it is better to find a solution rather than lay blame. I don't think "Elites" is a simple pat answer either. Sounds Palin-esque and FOX News-y.

by Anonymousreply 73June 18, 2018 5:15 AM

R71 life is too short to argue about politics into fights. I’ll respect your POV & leave it that. ✌️

by Anonymousreply 74June 18, 2018 5:15 AM

So sorry to have driven you off R74. I wasn't even aware we were in a "fight"; I was enjoying just debating the merits of her OpEd.

by Anonymousreply 75June 18, 2018 5:19 AM

I’m back R75, I appreciate you respectfully debating with me, not all DL members do that.

I also wanted to apologize for my horrendous grammatical & spelling errors in my posts especially in R74. Yikes! I noticed after I pressed the “send” button.

by Anonymousreply 76June 18, 2018 5:27 AM

[quote]Well...except for that person she ran down with her car.

That person was her EX boyfriend and she was on a way to a party. Suspected DUI but never prosecuted, swept under the rug, hidden until after Bush was elected.

by Anonymousreply 77June 18, 2018 5:31 AM

No worries R76! Thank you for your kind remarks, and I am not a grammar troll. I just wish more people could see the value of someone from the "enemy camp" being brave enough to go against the grain. It not only shames Agent Orange, but also pricks up the ears of Republicans who are afraid to speak up, or it may make them change their mind.

by Anonymousreply 78June 18, 2018 5:34 AM

It's good that a former republican first lady is speaking out against the abomination that is the Trump administration.

Kudos to Laura! As well as Michelle and Hillary too, for speaking out when they do.

by Anonymousreply 79June 18, 2018 5:37 AM

Agree R79. I liked when McCain wouldn't play into their mentality either with healthcare. The more people dissent in their own party, the more there is oppurtunity to find that common ground. This builds trust, but can also be manipulated to see the cracks in the pary's veneer too. Britain has similar issues, but the US seems to collectively hate everyone on the opposite side. Putting each other down is detrimental to any real progress too. I have not been pro-Amnesty, (just for DACA) but I think everyone should be frightened and outraged what is happening to these families. I could only imagine over 100 of the children are under 7 yrs old (or so) crying and freaking out for their mums. Then these "people" running it are prohibited from hugging or comforting them. This transcends party lines.

by Anonymousreply 80June 18, 2018 5:45 AM

Wonder how far Trump will go with his comeback tweet - whataboutism re: GWB and Iraq probably, but he'll also want to throw shade somehow at a mere woman. Irrelevance anyway will prevail.

by Anonymousreply 81June 18, 2018 5:51 AM

Apparently Republicans have begun dragging her on Twitter, or so a little bird told me! I don't tweet, so not sure who is saying what. This is to be expected though, and hopefully shall get the ball rolling. Watching Sessions quote scripture at a press conference, and Sarah Suckabeast say "the biblical record is pretty straightforward about following the law" is just as scary as Nazi Germany to me, and I have ancestors who were gassed in several of those camps. I do not think Sessions' delivery was authentic or believable, but still many remain silent.

by Anonymousreply 82June 18, 2018 5:57 AM

It is Saturday night...

A car approached the red light of an intersection. Inside we see Don Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle lean into each other with a kiss on the lips. The image goes blurry as the camera focuses on the vehicle opposite them at the intersection. Inside we see Laura Bush, wild eyed and revving her engine...

by Anonymousreply 83June 18, 2018 5:58 AM

Too funny R83. We need the comic relief I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 84June 18, 2018 6:00 AM

Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 85June 18, 2018 6:24 AM

I am happy she is taking a stand here and I salute her for it, but...

I agree with R37. The worst thing about Trump is that he is so batshit crazy and incompetent that it is working to normalize the evils of other Republicans. When I see fellow democrats and liberals saying things like "Bush wasn't so bad!" it makes me fucking cringe.

Never forget. Stealing the 2000 election from Gore. Lying about WMDs that created two budget breaking, deadly wars that created ISIS. Thousands of dead civilians--many of them children. Using gay marriage as a weapon in 2004. The swift boating of John Kerry. Creating the biggest financial crisis since the Depression. Evil and corrupt.

I despise Trump and want him gone. But let's stop normalizing the Bushes. They are every bit as evil and corrupt as the Trumps.

The enemy of your enemy is not your friend, and even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I'm afraid at this point that Repugs will easily be able to win in the future just by running someone who isn't a complete nutjob. And Dems are so lazy about voting, we won't get fired up next time around.

by Anonymousreply 86June 18, 2018 6:25 AM

Good for her. This is going to infuriate Trump and that lying blonde bitch he named head of Homeland Security. Laura's comments are already being used to attack the blonde bitch Nielsen or whatever her name is.

As fucking shithead Cruz supports Trump, this could go a long way to peeling off non-teabagger GOP and get Beto elected. This makes it obvious the Bushes are in Beto's corner. Good.

by Anonymousreply 87June 18, 2018 6:29 AM

It’d be a political mistake for Trump to hit back at Laura Bush, but he can’t help himself.

by Anonymousreply 88June 18, 2018 6:33 AM

R88 It really would be a mistake. But I don't think trump can comprehend that.

by Anonymousreply 89June 18, 2018 6:35 AM

As much as I hated Dubya when he was President, I liked the fact he never, not once, criticized Obama. And he has criticized Trump repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 90June 18, 2018 6:40 AM

R86 I did not read anywhere here on this thread that anyone tried to normalise the evils of the Bush presidencies. You just so happen to be the quintessential illustration of my point on America's left though! Like the poster upthread saying she should keep her mouth shut, you are at least better in saluting her, but you both fail to realise this is only positive, unless you support this separation as deterrent policy. Everyone blathering on about her husband is "off task".

by Anonymousreply 91June 18, 2018 6:41 AM

I'd like to watch a porno of Laura Bush (and I mean the real Laura Bush) getting gangbanged by three arabs. Two of the guys give her a double creampie and the third busts right on her face. Dubya has to sit in the corner and watch the whole thing and when it's over he has to clean her vagina with his tongue.

by Anonymousreply 92June 18, 2018 6:42 AM

You're mentally defective R92.

by Anonymousreply 93June 18, 2018 6:45 AM

GW would want to join I suspect R92 (Hillsy) This would be no punishment for him. I have long suspected he's bi.

by Anonymousreply 94June 18, 2018 6:45 AM

She fucking killed an ex- boyfriend, most likely drunk running a stop sign. That's why she was damaged goods when she married the drunk and Coke head GWB.

I hope her own death is painful.

by Anonymousreply 95June 18, 2018 6:46 AM

Well, part of what she is doing is maintaining the family legacy. History will look back some day and not understand how so many Republicans didn't stand up and say anything. It's not like she has anything to lose. She knows he will probably tweet about it. I am sure the family decided she would be the hardest of the Bush clan to attack in public. But at least she did something.

by Anonymousreply 96June 18, 2018 6:50 AM

I'm acquainted with Laura and she's really as you see her - open, honest, forthright, principled and gracious. It's perfectly in character for her to speak up against this atrocity.

by Anonymousreply 97June 18, 2018 6:51 AM

Glad someone else can possibly take over sticking their neck out for her R97! Some people really feel hateful toward her! I knew an atty and a speechwriter/advisor. They both had ample opportunity to feel as if they got to know her, and liked her very much. One even claimed to like her better than GW. I wonder if she is still smoking as much.

by Anonymousreply 98June 18, 2018 6:57 AM

[quote][R60] is a refugee from Crazy Days and Lies where all roads lead to child prostitution fantasies.

Nope. Thanks for playing. Sometimes a pedo is a pedo.

by Anonymousreply 99June 18, 2018 11:51 AM

George Bush is and always will be a war criminal.

It was great for Laura Bush to write this opinion piece because it will start a split with Republicans.

Why can't both of those things be true?

by Anonymousreply 100June 18, 2018 11:55 AM

[quote] Laura Bush supports Marriage Equality in name only. When a magazine featured people who were in favor of Equality with photos of them, including Laura, she contacted them and asked that her photo be taken off the cover. Someone like her is show but very little substance.

Bullshit - you can't get more public about supporting an issue than on National TV

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101June 18, 2018 12:49 PM

The Trumps make the Ws look good. As the Ws made Bush Sr look brilliant. Way to go, history!

Who will the Republicans give us next to make the Trumps look good?

I'll get the popcorn.

by Anonymousreply 102June 18, 2018 1:17 PM

Well that was very gracious of her. No snark. I appreciate that.

I’m trying to be objective on this issue and it’s not easy. While I abhor what’s happening, I want to explore how we can do better. What’s a better way to keep these people together while keeping track of them and keeping everyone safe?

What’s been done, previously? What has changed? We’re adults and children always kept together in detention?

by Anonymousreply 103June 18, 2018 1:41 PM

I am curious to see if this conservative/GOP internecine rift has any legs. This looks to be a serious miscalculation by the administration as we enter midterm election season proper.

by Anonymousreply 104June 18, 2018 2:09 PM

Yes, GWB is a war criminal. Yes, Trump is a child-abusing piece of shit.

On these two things, we can all agree.

by Anonymousreply 105June 18, 2018 4:32 PM

I'm making the rounds. Please. Get on Twitter and start kicking ass on this immigration thing. And make sure you use the hashtags #ZeroTolerance4GOP and #BlueWave2018

by Anonymousreply 106June 18, 2018 4:42 PM

So Laura Bush can't have opinions because she didn't condemn her husband's Iraqi invasion?

by Anonymousreply 107June 18, 2018 4:50 PM

Why doesn't she just hightail her frumpy ass over to El Paso, then? If it means so much to her? 90-something year old Jimmy carter will show up at that camp before she does.

by Anonymousreply 108June 18, 2018 4:54 PM

This should work out well for her.

by Anonymousreply 109June 18, 2018 5:11 PM

R100 You have got it goin' on!

by Anonymousreply 110June 18, 2018 5:11 PM

Thank You for that R101. These detractors of hers are not giving her a fair shake, and they are just wrong about her.

by Anonymousreply 111June 18, 2018 5:13 PM

She and Michelle Obama worked together on literacy issues. In one joint interview, Michelle said, "I really like this woman!" I'll take Shelley O's word for it.

by Anonymousreply 112June 18, 2018 5:27 PM

and when Michelle O made that "really proud of my country" comment - every single GOP woman blasted Michelle as it was good political fodder.

Except one

Laura Bush spoke out to defend Michelle saying "I think she meant to say she is MORE proud of her country"

by Anonymousreply 113June 18, 2018 5:30 PM

And let me ask, where the FUCK are the Democratic Elite aka the Obamas and Clinton's on all this??!! It's like Crickets from them. No doubt when the revolution finally comes from all this, they along with all the the other billionaires would high-tail it out to their homes in Switzerland.

by Anonymousreply 114June 18, 2018 5:38 PM

Hillary warned us about this before the election. Too many were too fucking sexist to vote for her!

by Anonymousreply 115June 18, 2018 5:42 PM

“I don’t want to rip families apart. I don’t want to be sending parents away from children.”

Remember the people who were convinced Hillary was “just as bad” as Trump?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116June 18, 2018 5:44 PM

You go girl!

I hope everyone remembers how Trump has screwed up America in November.

Trump hates the LGBT community, African Americans, immigrants, etc., I could go on and on. Trump does know he is married to an immigrant ... right?

Trump loves Putin, Russians and Kim Jong-Un.

by Anonymousreply 117June 18, 2018 5:48 PM

the Clintons and Obamas aren't going to say anything because if they do, this will suddenly turn out to be about them and not the kids.

You can bet they're disgusted and probably offering behind the scenes support but they know if they speak up publicly, the orange and will focus on them and so will the press vs focusing on this vile practice.

The way to kick this fucking asshole where it hurts is to attack, attack, attack and keep him on the defensive in the press. Never give him the chance to say "whatabout". The worse he looks, the worse the GOP looks since they are now one in the same

by Anonymousreply 118June 18, 2018 5:50 PM

Michelle Obama just sent this tweet in support of Laura Bush's op-ed.

"Sometimes truth transcends party."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119June 18, 2018 5:53 PM

Amen to everyone who pointed out that Laura Bush showed no outrage when her father-in-law and husband launched wars on innocent people based on false premises, and in the latter case, using the dead of 9/11 to boot.

Obama assisted the Saudis in the attacks on the innocents of Yemen, and just because the press doesn't want to make that a cause celebre we don't get pictures. And of course there was Libya.

This is all media manipulation at its most honed. Trump and the GOP get their endless supply of cheap labor thanks to the heartstrings of liberals.

by Anonymousreply 120June 18, 2018 5:53 PM

Pickles' comments are really stirring up the GOP. They're livid. All those cowardly Republican assholes in Congress are looking worse.

R120 hard job ya got there trying to defend the Moron-in-Chief.

by Anonymousreply 121June 18, 2018 6:32 PM

Who is defending Trump, Imbecile-of-the-DL at R121?

I am pointing out a few things:

- That it's the height of hypocrisy that Laura fucking What's her last name again? is up in arms at children being separated from their parents when her "Pappy" and her hubby separated children from their parents BY KILLING THEM.

- American presidents do horrible things, but it's only when the press, who are in cahoots with the Powers That Be, decide to show us those terrible things that "liberals" (and I'm one on most things) get outraged.

- Republicans in government, whatever they protest to keep their base in line, want an endless supply of cheap labor for their corporate masters. So the obedient press gives us some heartbreaking pictures of kids being separated from their moms and VOILA we get the masses on the side of illegal immigration and the GOP get all the cheap labor they want.

by Anonymousreply 122June 18, 2018 6:43 PM

R114 Bill and Hillary both spoke out against it, and Michelle supported Laura Bush. President Obama hasn’t, though. I really believe he’s laying low so that Rump doesn’t make it about him.

by Anonymousreply 123June 18, 2018 6:44 PM

I now want Laura Bush to re-enact Madonna's "What It Feels Like For A Girl" video.

Drive around in a hot muscle car, smashing into Trump's motorcade... Instead of running over street hockey players, Laura crashes the GOP softball field and skids over Scalise.

by Anonymousreply 124June 18, 2018 7:04 PM

R118 has it, if the Obamas and Clintons go all in against this publicly the rethugs will make it about them instead of the children being harmed. That's a neat trick. Fuck people over screw the country and make it so that their leaders can't really speak out against it or it will make things worse. Donald Trump is such a cunt.

I finally had to put Socialist Boy on ignore. In many things I agree with him I'm just sick of the nagging all the time.

by Anonymousreply 125June 18, 2018 7:12 PM

R122 I find you to be VERY naive if you seriously believe the wife of an American Republican president can stop, prohibit, or prevent a war! There is a cabinet, advisors, Secretary of Defense, Secretary of State, and GW's handler Dick Cheney. Demure (formerly Democrat) Laura Bush had the power to stop ALL of them? Please pipe down before you make me lose my lunch you hateful cretin. I'm not even of this country, Brit here, and I can recognise this.

by Anonymousreply 126June 18, 2018 7:17 PM

It just broke my heart seeing the children suffering. I couldn’t hold back my tears looking at the photos. Why just why????

by Anonymousreply 127June 18, 2018 7:19 PM

If seeing them in cages, crying for their mums... roughly one hundred under seven-years-old doesn't make you weep you're dead inside R127. Children are innocent and not to be used as pawns or hostages. Trauma is very real and some when inflicted this young cause life-long effects. Did you even read the Op Ed? Or are you evil and illiterate?

by Anonymousreply 128June 18, 2018 7:23 PM

[quote]I finally had to put Socialist Boy on ignore.

Me too, although my name for him is Boy Chomsky.

by Anonymousreply 129June 18, 2018 7:28 PM

R126, if she had been sufficiently outraged, Laura Bush, the wife and daughter-in-law of two American presidents who launched wars based on lies that killed, maimed and displaced tens of millions can do this very simple thing called D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Typical sociopath, allying with other sociopaths, and blaming someone else for losing your lunch, when you're British and your food would cause anyone to lose their lunch if they could stand to put in their mouth in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 130June 18, 2018 7:34 PM

This is like those horrible, heartrending exposes of Romanian and other poorer Eastern European orphanages...

In the USA.

(I am hoping this is Napoleon Trumparte's Waterloo Issue)

by Anonymousreply 131June 18, 2018 7:44 PM

Unfortunately, Gallup is putting his poll numbers at 45% approval today, the highest since his first week in office.

It's stupefying.

by Anonymousreply 132June 18, 2018 7:55 PM

[quote] the Clintons and Obamas aren't going to say anything because if they do, this will suddenly turn out to be about them and not the kids.

The Clintons:

Former President Bill Clinton tweeted Sunday: "On this Father’s Day I’m thinking of the thousands of children separated from their parents at the border. These children should not be a negotiating tool..." Hillary Clinton quote tweeted this, "YES!"

Hillary Clinton on family separation: "This is not happening because of the 'Democrats' law' as the White House has claimed...That is an outright lie." The Obamas:

Michelle Obama tweeted Monday: "Sometimes truth transcends party" in response to a Sunday night tweet from Bush's account that included the op-ed.

Former President Barack Obama re-tweeted his wife's post.

by Anonymousreply 133June 18, 2018 7:57 PM

We need the human rights commission of the un to orchestrate a call for sanctions by civilized countries on the US

by Anonymousreply 134June 18, 2018 8:02 PM

Funny that Trump hasn't dared attack Pickles yet. The Bushes remain popular in Texas and this could screw up Trump's little mini-me Cruz's chances of reelection. Goodie. Trump must be going crazy.

by Anonymousreply 135June 18, 2018 9:31 PM

Wasn’t Laura Bush a Democrat?

by Anonymousreply 136June 18, 2018 9:35 PM

[quote]We need the human rights commission of the un to orchestrate a call for sanctions by civilized countries on the US

You think it's a coincidence that the U.S. is threatening to leave the Human Rights Commission?

by Anonymousreply 137June 18, 2018 9:37 PM

Laura Bush's daughters said they both cried their eyes out when Hillary lost so I think we can safely say Hillary got all the Bush family votes.

by Anonymousreply 138June 19, 2018 2:39 AM

Do not feed the RUSSIAN TROLLS, GOP TROLLS in this thread. Laura Bush is to be thanked for doing this. As much as I hate the Bushes, pickles and her daughters all voted for Hillary so they get a pass. I am only going to say this once - at this moment I MISS BABS BUSH. She would slay that Motherfucker, Childfucker Trump and it would be memorable.

by Anonymousreply 139June 19, 2018 3:32 AM

R138 You're correct, save Bar & HW sat this one out.

by Anonymousreply 140June 19, 2018 3:36 AM

R130 I'm not asking you to like her, only that you see the effect. How can you judge her? Perhaps she's experienced much growth and is a stronger woman for it. Some people find their voice late in life.

by Anonymousreply 141June 19, 2018 3:39 AM

I can't hold her responsible for dumbyas idiotic illegal wars anymore than I can hold Hillary responsible for bills bullshit and impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 142June 19, 2018 3:48 AM

[quote]Trump does know he is married to an immigrant ... right?

Yeah, but he doesn’t like her.

by Anonymousreply 143June 19, 2018 6:28 AM

The visuals of the kids and the audio of them crying and wailing was awful. The very young children don't understand why they're being separated (also no hugging or comforting), being punished. The older ones may understand, but it doesn't make it less traumatic for them. This will hurt them for life, in some way.

by Anonymousreply 144June 19, 2018 12:25 PM

Laura Bush is not looking well. she lost too much weight. I hope she isn't ill. I like her. But she looks different in a recent photo than she did at Bar's funeral.

by Anonymousreply 145June 19, 2018 2:41 PM

Laura sure started a wave - most of the GOP are now criticizing Sessions' policy AND the Methodist Church came out condemning Sessions - a Methodist. Laura and Hillary are also Methodists. LOL

by Anonymousreply 146June 19, 2018 10:22 PM

But when will our President respond to this? When will he go after her?

by Anonymousreply 147June 19, 2018 10:50 PM

He's got his hands full to care about noisy old pussy (his pet name) with Mitchie and Paulie.

by Anonymousreply 148June 20, 2018 2:01 AM

[Quote]Unfortunately, Gallup is putting his poll numbers at 45% approval today, the highest since his first week in office.

If this is really true, and 45% of adult Americans still support thus monster, after everything he's done and shown himself to be, then America, you are lost.

by Anonymousreply 149June 20, 2018 6:14 AM

The full impact of these policies on Trump's approval rating won't be noted for a few more days. That Gallup poll was taken over the period of 6/11 to 6/17. Much of that polling took place prior to the full details of these policies coming to light. Next week's polls will tell the tale as to whether Trump will take a hit for this.

by Anonymousreply 150June 20, 2018 4:02 PM

R150 Ted Cruz's sudden change from pro-family separation to faking being anti-family separation (in fact the law he stole from John Cornyn and he's getting so much unjustified media coverage for now, is just to deport people faster) was based on his pricey pollsters telling him he was losing Texas to Beto O'Rourke.

by Anonymousreply 151June 20, 2018 5:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!