Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ben Affleck Will Not Reprise His Role In The Next Batman Film: Report

The next film in the series will likely oust Affleck from his post as The Caped Crusader. The Wrap reports how the upcoming Batman film will focus on a younger Bruce Wayne, effectively discharging Ben Affleck from the franchise.

Affleck made his first appearance as Batman in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, before reprising his role as Gotham City's Finest in the ensemble film Justice League.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Matt Reeves had recently submitted the first act of The Batman, a title constructed by Affleck during his initial attempt as the film's screenwriter.

Affleck was originally pegged to write, direct, and star in the upcoming DC Comics production, but decided to step down from his post and allow Reeves to helm the project and exercise creative control.

Warner Bros. is apparently revising their strategy for its upcoming roster of DC superhero films, focusing more on standalone narratives as opposed to interconnected storylines between its roster of protagonists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 20, 2018 4:57 PM

Christopher Plummer

by Anonymousreply 1June 14, 2018 4:06 PM

Turning and turning in the widening gyre The falcon cannot hear the falconer; Things fall apart; the spanx cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world, The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere The ceremony of innocence is drowned; The best lack all conviction, while the worst Are full of passionate intensity.

by Anonymousreply 2June 14, 2018 4:10 PM

I wish they'd go with a bloated, aging Batman. Would make an interesting film.

by Anonymousreply 3June 14, 2018 4:12 PM

Thank God.

by Anonymousreply 4June 14, 2018 4:14 PM

I think they just did that r3. It was called Batfleck.

Let the endless speculation about new casting begin afresh. Who will take on the cape now? We're looking at actors under 35 who can play physical as well as dark and brooding.

by Anonymousreply 5June 14, 2018 4:15 PM

I read the thread title too fast and I swear I though it said 'Ben Affleck Will Not Rinse His Hole'

by Anonymousreply 6June 14, 2018 4:18 PM

He probably doesn't R6.

by Anonymousreply 7June 14, 2018 4:21 PM

Dingleberry and Co

by Anonymousreply 8June 14, 2018 4:33 PM

Reminder: Preferred pronunciation is Rih-PREEZ, not rih-PRIZE.

by Anonymousreply 9June 14, 2018 4:37 PM

I always picture Ben and his new girlfriend getting shit face drunk and then attempting sex when neither is really interested.

by Anonymousreply 10June 14, 2018 4:46 PM

Yes, we've been discussing this here already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 14, 2018 4:59 PM

r4 Don't celebrat just yet; OP's site is just recycling speculation from the THR article in r11's thread.

by Anonymousreply 12June 14, 2018 5:01 PM

I am so sick to death of all these superhero movies, and I used to be into genre/scifi stuff.

But Jesus H. Christ how many fucking Batman and Spiderman movies do we really need?

Sick to death of it.

I don't blame the studios, who are just churning out what they know will make money. I blame the average moviegoer. When will they say "Enough!" (Or "I've had sufficient!")?

by Anonymousreply 13June 14, 2018 5:02 PM

[Quote] When will they say "Enough!" (Or "I've had sufficient!")?

Not anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 14June 14, 2018 5:03 PM

[quote]Warner Bros. is apparently revising their strategy for its upcoming roster of DC superhero films, focusing more on standalone narratives as opposed to interconnected storylines between its roster of protagonists.

This is their best bet to differentiate from Marvel. Treat them all as standalone movies. I hope it is still a shared universe, but every single film doesn’t need a tie in with every other one. This suits DC because their heroes are more iconic; you don’t need a subplot or detailed back story to put Wonder Woman or the Flash in a Batman story. They exist in the same world and occasionally team up, just like in the comics.

by Anonymousreply 15June 14, 2018 5:08 PM

Affleck's brand has NEVER been lower. Nobody likes him.

I think it's sad but then again he's had staggering success and fame and money and heights and glory all these years.

Hey, even Phill Collins fell off.

by Anonymousreply 16June 14, 2018 7:12 PM

Thank God.

by Anonymousreply 17June 14, 2018 8:40 PM

R2 you are awful

by Anonymousreply 18June 14, 2018 8:43 PM

Christian Cooke

by Anonymousreply 19June 14, 2018 9:44 PM

R3 John Goodman

by Anonymousreply 20June 14, 2018 9:44 PM

He's lost what made him appealing in the first place. He should feel fortunate that he had the run that he did given his meager gifts.

by Anonymousreply 21June 14, 2018 10:05 PM

[quote] He's lost what made him appealing in the first place.

What was that?

by Anonymousreply 22June 14, 2018 10:16 PM

Interesting! I thought that Snyder was going to be the only one to take the blame for the failure of the DC franchise!

by Anonymousreply 23June 14, 2018 10:50 PM

Now, Benny doesn't even have to pretend to be sober or finding a t-shirt without stains that covered his hairy paunch, before leaving the house!

That had to be exhausting, poor soul.

Back to the freedom of bourbon, cocaine and swinging bitch-tits under a too-tight T!

by Anonymousreply 24June 14, 2018 11:09 PM

[22] nothing exceptional. He had an easy-going, East Coast college boy vibe and was relatively hot. Also he Matt Damon made screenwriting seem like the get-rich-quick career of choice for recent college grads when they won for that awful movie. I was never a fan.

by Anonymousreply 25June 14, 2018 11:49 PM

I nominate Logan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 15, 2018 12:35 AM

Affleck is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 27June 15, 2018 5:22 AM

Serial sexual assaulter

by Anonymousreply 28June 15, 2018 9:10 AM

He’s the least of DCs problems.

by Anonymousreply 29June 15, 2018 9:12 AM

[quote] He’s the least of DCs problems.

What are the bigger ones?

by Anonymousreply 30June 15, 2018 11:55 AM

The scripts, the direction and the scene design.

by Anonymousreply 31June 15, 2018 12:14 PM

Does this mean they have to reboot the Batman story again?

by Anonymousreply 32June 15, 2018 12:27 PM

[quote] I nominate Logan.

Did he play the Wolferine?

by Anonymousreply 33June 15, 2018 12:34 PM

“Wolferine”?

by Anonymousreply 34June 15, 2018 1:16 PM

Wolferine is the DL name for that character.

by Anonymousreply 35June 15, 2018 1:26 PM

R32 I hope not.

by Anonymousreply 36June 15, 2018 3:57 PM

If they wait for a couple of months Gotham's David Mazouz will be available *snicker*.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 15, 2018 4:51 PM

R32 I doubt it. Everyone knows the story now. We also don’t need to see Krypton exploding anymore. One of my favorite parts of Wonder Woman was finally seeing her origin (which is WAY more epic —literally— than those other two) on the big screen. But Supes and Bats have been done to death and everyone knows those stories now.

by Anonymousreply 38June 15, 2018 5:02 PM

[Quote] We also don’t need to see Krypton exploding anymore.

No we don't. But any other explosion is fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 15, 2018 5:16 PM

Superman's origin is so lame.

Er, he is an alien. Whose planet just suddenly died for...reasons, and he was somehow the only one of this super advanced race to survive and got sent across the galaxy to earth. And for some reason the sun causes him to be absurdly overpowered and gives him all these special abilities that makes him greater than gods.

by Anonymousreply 40June 15, 2018 5:32 PM

For 1938, that was groundbreaking, R40.

Wanna talk lame origins? The X-Men and every one of their numerous offshoots. Basically “Mutants are a thing, ‘mutant’ meaning ‘anything we want’.” Then spin off 900 other characters because “mutants.”

And both of those STILL blow “radiactive spider” out of the fucking water.

by Anonymousreply 41June 15, 2018 5:36 PM

[Quote] and he was somehow the only one of this super advanced race to survive and got sent across the galaxy to earth.

Ahem

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 15, 2018 5:36 PM

[quote]the only one of this super advanced race to survive.

Yoo hoo! Over here!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 15, 2018 5:39 PM

[quote]the only one of this super advanced race to survive

You’d better hope Superman never figures out how to resize us, you Earthling cunt!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 15, 2018 5:43 PM

Kneel before Zod, R43!

by Anonymousreply 45June 15, 2018 6:30 PM

People criticize Affleck (and his brother) for being a creep but come on ... give the guy a break. He was a total loser growing up.. Matt called them "drama club geeks" who spent their lunch hour talking about acting. Casey himself said not one girl knew who he was in high school.

Then they got fame and money and girls throwing themselves on them. Suddenly Ben was a stud dating A List pussy and J-Lo and everything else in between offering to bend over and spread for him. Suddenly he was a sex symbol. A year before he couldn't get laid in a morgue.

That will have an impact on anyone.

by Anonymousreply 46June 15, 2018 8:49 PM

[quote] Ben was a stud dating A List pussy and J-Lo

Are you saying that J-Lo was not A-list pussy?

by Anonymousreply 47June 15, 2018 8:52 PM

J Lo is a closet case life Affleck

by Anonymousreply 48June 18, 2018 3:20 PM

[quote]But Jesus H. Christ how many fucking Batman and Spiderman movies do we really need?

For me, it's not so much that they keep making them, it's the fact that they insist on rebooting them over and over again starting with the origin story. The characters never get to grow beyond three movies before they start all over again with a new actor and we're back to seeing Batman's parents getting killed in an alley all over again.

by Anonymousreply 49June 18, 2018 3:26 PM

[Quote] The characters never get to grow beyond three movies before they start all over again with a new actor and we're back to seeing Batman's parents getting killed in an alley all over again.

I hope we never see Bruce's parents being killed [italic]ever[/italic] again. It's been done to death. We know the drill.

by Anonymousreply 50June 18, 2018 5:11 PM

The bigger problem with the DC universe is the casting of certain characters.....Affleck as Batman was a mistake before it happened....same with Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther.....and then theres the compplete lack of humor.

by Anonymousreply 51June 18, 2018 5:34 PM

I liked Batfleck and Jeremy Irons as Alfred, but i don't think Jesse was a good fit for Lex.

by Anonymousreply 52June 18, 2018 5:43 PM

It's amazing how often he calls the paparazzi considering he has no movie out. He must be addicted to fame and being famous.

I am always in Brentwood and there are never paparazzi there. Not at brentwood market, not on san vicente, nowhere. Same with on Montana.

Last night he was in Venice at Hals on Abbot Kinney. Never paparazzi there. But of course, they were there at that particular restaurant as he and Lindsay Shookus exited a jeep, and then again when they left the restaurant.

That's so weird and pathetic to me. Never mind the weekly church photo ops he does.

What's his deal lol?

by Anonymousreply 53June 20, 2018 7:56 AM

[Quote] That's so weird and pathetic to me. Never mind the weekly church photo ops he does.

Jen taught him well.

by Anonymousreply 54June 20, 2018 4:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!