Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BREAKING BITCHES! Cohen flips

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122June 21, 2018 12:22 AM

"Says Who?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 13, 2018 3:30 PM

Is the only source saying he is cooperating with Daily Mail?

I wouldn't pop the champagne yet...

by Anonymousreply 2June 13, 2018 3:33 PM

It's mostly ABC driving this one, R2; I don't know if anyone else has managed to confirm it, although it does appear to be confirmed that his legal team is no longer representing him.

by Anonymousreply 3June 13, 2018 3:35 PM

This is the ABC story and they're being (appropriately) cautious. Headline:

[quote]Former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen likely to cooperate as his attorneys leave case, sources say

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 13, 2018 3:36 PM

Everyone has cooperated and it’s led to nothing important.

by Anonymousreply 5June 13, 2018 3:41 PM

Well, let's give it a minute. It looks very promising. Either Mueller's told him what he is facing if he does not cooperate, and it finally hit him he would go to pson and lose everything, or he got rid of lawyers who were advising him to cooperate so he can hire new lawyers who will help him stay loyal. The fact is he comes from a background of thugs grifters and criminals. It will be interesting.

Manafort is a dead man walking. It's obvious to me he refuses to cooperate and he is making sure people see him fighting Mueller because if Manafort flips he's dead. He's probably dead anyway. Putin is not going to allow Manafort to survive this. Manafort has crossed some very powerful oligarchs. And his hand picked leader was run out of the Ukraine so that didn't work out too well.

Just curious, but I wonder how Roger stone is feeling right now?

by Anonymousreply 6June 13, 2018 3:43 PM

R5, not everyone has cooperated (Manafort) and it's led to multiple indictments and plea deals. The investigation is ongoing.

Mueller's tactic, as is always the case in such things, has been to go after the small fry and work his way up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 13, 2018 3:44 PM

хороший товарищ по работе r5!

by Anonymousreply 8June 13, 2018 3:45 PM

He hasnt flipped yet....but his attorneys are apparently leaving the case......if you ask me, its just another delay tactic.....its also part of the Trump m.o..........delay, confuse and distract. If his lawyers quit, the judge needs to give him time to get another one...and then theyll need time to prep the case, etc.......its smoke and mirrors people.

by Anonymousreply 9June 13, 2018 3:48 PM

^^^and remember, his lawyers tried to delay the case because of the time its taking to go through documents and the judge had other ideas^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 10June 13, 2018 3:49 PM

Fingers crossed, but it's not a done deal yet. I think the amount of stuff they have on him is overwhelming and the possible sentences very lengthy.

Trump is going to go nuts soon. Twitter etc.

by Anonymousreply 11June 13, 2018 4:02 PM

His lawyers leaving? Not a good sign. May not be fast, but it is inexorable he will flip...

by Anonymousreply 12June 13, 2018 4:09 PM

From ABC: "Judge Wood has given Cohen’s attorneys until Friday to complete the review of the remaining documents. Any remaining items to be reviewed would be turned over to a team of federal prosecutors unconnected to the case to complete the examination of the documents. "

To those who say this is a delay tactic, and that Ryan and Davidson have already abandoned Cohen before the June 15 deadline of document review, please tell me how the turnover of remaining unreviewed documents to federal prosecutors for examination benefits Cohen and his legal team.

ABC's article is vaguely worded. One can read that Ryan and Davidson won't represent Cohen "going forward," as in after the documents have been reviewed and submitted to Judge Wood, or that they refuse to review and submit the documents, so as of today Michael Cohen has no legal representation.

by Anonymousreply 13June 13, 2018 4:34 PM

Of course his lawyers were going to leave. Who could afford to pay a platoon of lawyers to review the millions of emails and voice mails generated over 10 years. And that hardly gets him to first base.

This is not a product liability suit against a corporation with deep pockets. There is no big money judgment to win. Criminal defense attorneys expect timely payment. In this case, a lot of payment.

by Anonymousreply 14June 13, 2018 4:40 PM

You know he's on the phone trying to get thru to beg for a pardon.

by Anonymousreply 15June 13, 2018 4:41 PM

OP is a piece of shyt for lying.

[QUOTE]However, the Wall Street Journal’s Rebecca Ballhaus reported that while a change in Cohen’s legal team is expected, Cohen hasn’t yet made up his mind on cooperation, per a source. CNN’s Gloria Borger and Katelyn Polantz report that, per a source, Cohen has “not yet met with prosecutors to speak about a potential deal, and it’s unclear whether either side is seeking one.” And the New York Times reports that the change in lawyers is “primarily” because Cohen is having trouble paying his legal bills. So it’s not entirely clear what’s going on here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 13, 2018 4:42 PM

I think he will eventually flip, but not sure if this is it. He's got no legal representation, so that's a compelling motivation to do so. Everyone cross fingers, hands, toes and chant 'flip Cohen, flip' until your face falls off.

Yes, I'm resorting to magical thinking. Pimps are winning primaries and we have thugs running the country, so it can't hurt.

by Anonymousreply 17June 13, 2018 4:46 PM

We went through a similar song and dance with Paul Manafort's deputy Rick Gates and reports of Gates' lawyers quitting/not quitting and that he was flipping/not flipping. Then Gates flipped.

by Anonymousreply 18June 13, 2018 4:47 PM

How will Putin get money to Cohen to cover attorney’s fees without anyone knowing?

by Anonymousreply 19June 13, 2018 4:50 PM

From the Wall Street Journal:

"Stephen Ryan, Todd Harrison and others at the firm McDermott, Will & Emery LLP, which has been representing Mr. Cohen since June 2017, will cease doing so [bold]after that review is complete[/bold], the person said. "

"Mr. Cohen doesn’t yet have a replacement law firm but is searching for a federal criminal lawyer in New York, people familiar with the matter said. Mr. Cohen [bold]wants to hire a lawyer[/bold] with close ties to the Manhattan U.S. attorney’s office, the people said."

The WSJ seems to have a better-worded report than ABC on this matter.

by Anonymousreply 20June 13, 2018 4:53 PM

R9 R10 makes some very good points. Let's not pop the champagne corks just yet. Let's see how this plays out.

I have to say. Sometimes I think we are so damned smart we need our own TV show! You know most of the media won't pick up on what R9 R10 said. They'll start keeping vigil to find out if Cohen flips, when maybe all he's doing is stalling.

by Anonymousreply 21June 13, 2018 4:55 PM

I agree with R9, R10. The time it takes for the new team to get up to speed will also be included in the delay.

by Anonymousreply 22June 13, 2018 4:58 PM

IOW he's trying to smarm his way out of this and he's hoping broke ass Donnie will cough up some cash to pay for his attorney.

He sees any delay as helpful.

Lick him up and sweat the bastard.

by Anonymousreply 23June 13, 2018 4:59 PM

Lick him up? Has it been a dry stretch for you, love?

by Anonymousreply 24June 13, 2018 5:02 PM

Some are saying he leaked this himself as a smoke signal to Trump...

by Anonymousreply 25June 13, 2018 5:10 PM

[quote]Everyone has cooperated and it’s led to nothing important.

Really stupid comment. Mueller has not issued his report and that his office does not leak. We have no idea what they’ve discovered beyond what they have chosen to include in court filings.

by Anonymousreply 26June 13, 2018 5:15 PM

How is his legal team reviewing the docs themselves? Are they scanned, so they won't be destroyed?

by Anonymousreply 27June 13, 2018 5:16 PM

Albany needs to bring its own charges, so he can't be pardoned by big orange.

by Anonymousreply 28June 13, 2018 5:19 PM

[Quote]Really stupid comment

It's not some ignorant mistake, it's purposeful propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 29June 13, 2018 6:07 PM

This is from Twitter and no link, so...

@olgaNYC1211

[quote]Whoa!! Michael Cohen’s lawyers received a call from SDNY that they are preparing paperwork. Looks like he might be indicted soon

by Anonymousreply 30June 13, 2018 6:14 PM

R30 how does "Olga in NYC" know they got a call?

by Anonymousreply 31June 13, 2018 6:19 PM

[quote][R30] how does "Olga in NYC" know they got a call?

[quote]This is from Twitter and no link, so...

by Anonymousreply 32June 13, 2018 6:21 PM

Flip fuck? Cohen and Trump? Ewww 😫

by Anonymousreply 33June 13, 2018 6:31 PM

Another delaying tactic by Cohen, eventually he will flip instead of going to jail and losing his law license.

by Anonymousreply 34June 13, 2018 6:32 PM

Nope still not yet, OP

by Anonymousreply 35June 13, 2018 6:34 PM

Cohen and Manafort must know that pardons are not coming their way....

by Anonymousreply 36June 13, 2018 6:34 PM

Raw Story:

Longtime Donald Trump confidante Michael Cohen has received word from federal prosecutors that they are preparing to arrest the New York City lawyer, MSNBC’s Katy Tur reported Wednesday. Tur joined guest anchor Kristen Welker, “minutes” after speaking to a source close to Cohen. Lawyers at the Southern District of New York reportedly called Cohen’s attorneys, saying they were “preparing paperwork” to arrest Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 37June 13, 2018 6:37 PM

R37 - grab your popcorn! El Presidente is going to create a shitstorm on Twitter. Could indicing Cohen be the last straw for Trump? Could he fire Rosenstein, Sessions, Mueller? Stay turned

Mr Mueller - Follow the Money!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 38June 13, 2018 6:39 PM

^ indicting

by Anonymousreply 39June 13, 2018 6:40 PM

Wait, so Cohen still has not really flipped, technically as of this minute? Then why make up that headline, OP?

by Anonymousreply 40June 13, 2018 6:41 PM

And Cohen dives head first off the Trump Tower in 3...2...1

by Anonymousreply 41June 13, 2018 6:41 PM

Why does anyone create a bullshit headline, R40? For clicks.

by Anonymousreply 42June 13, 2018 6:42 PM

Gabriel Sherman @gabrielsherman

Person close to Cohen says he hasn’t flipped yet, “he’s sending up a smoke signal to Trump: I need help.”

by Anonymousreply 43June 13, 2018 6:45 PM

What can Trump do to help him?

Have good buddy Kim Jong Un testify as a character witness?

by Anonymousreply 44June 13, 2018 6:57 PM

MSNBC is saying that at least part of Cohen’s legal bills were being paid for by the Trump Org, and Trump Org has stopped paying.

by Anonymousreply 45June 13, 2018 7:05 PM

[quote]What can Trump do to help him?

Vanity Fair is reporting that the Trump organization is playing some portion of Cohen's legal bills -- and Cohen wants it to pay more.

by Anonymousreply 46June 13, 2018 7:05 PM

R45 Trump not paying a bill owed? Never!

by Anonymousreply 47June 13, 2018 7:09 PM

Are you missing those indictments and plea deals, R5?

by Anonymousreply 48June 13, 2018 7:09 PM

Is lack of payment why his lawyers quit?

by Anonymousreply 49June 13, 2018 7:21 PM

Cohen is like an abused wife -- standing by her man even though he slaps her around.

When it becomes clear he has been thrown under the bus and no more cash is coming in, he'll start yapping.

by Anonymousreply 50June 13, 2018 7:29 PM

R49, that's what the NYTimes is saying. His lead counsel was not getting his $$.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 13, 2018 7:31 PM

FF to OP for fake headline.

Don't be so DFA

by Anonymousreply 52June 13, 2018 7:42 PM

God, imagine spending every waking hour for weeks going through Michael Cohen’s papers, e-mails and phone calls, then not getting paid.

by Anonymousreply 53June 13, 2018 9:32 PM

Hard for trump or Russians to send money to Cohen to cover his bills now that all channels are under investigation.

Only kushner can do it and how likely is that?

by Anonymousreply 54June 13, 2018 9:52 PM

Well the RNC was paying some legal bills for some people. Sine he is on the RNC Finance committee why aren't they giving up some cash.

by Anonymousreply 55June 13, 2018 10:10 PM

Mikey said he would take a bullet for Trump.

Cue the "Sure, Jan" GIF now.

by Anonymousreply 56June 13, 2018 10:19 PM

Tomorrow is Friday, and it could be a two-fer. Manafort hauled to jail with his toothbrush, and Cohen definitively flipping.

by Anonymousreply 57June 13, 2018 10:22 PM

Oh, dear. Check your calendar dear.

by Anonymousreply 58June 13, 2018 10:25 PM

Thank you r58

R57 just scared the sit outta me

by Anonymousreply 59June 13, 2018 10:26 PM

Michael Cohen is not ready to flip. He will not accept that Trump is folding on him. He will send up that smoke signal to say he needs help, but he is going to see how it plays out. Right now he is trying to find legal representation. Curious. It fascinates me that these so called well connected people...including Trump are having so much difficulty finding representation. Good representation. Cohen is spinning this to say he wants a legal team with better experience dealing with the USASDNY, but the fact is his own team walked because they weren't paid. That is really an embarrassing place to be in if you are supposed to be close to the POTUS. No reason why the Trump organization can't pay his legal fees. They just don't want to. Give Michael some time. Being a snitch is something he is not familiar with. It's anathema to him. But at some point he has to recognize he is going to prison. If not federal prison certainly state prison. And if he were pardoned for federal crimes he could still have his assets seized. Once he is pardoned he loses all his protections. Michael needs good counsel right now.

by Anonymousreply 60June 13, 2018 10:33 PM

Don't call him Michael, you dink. He's not your buddy.

Unless he is, in which case, *you* should give the traitor money.

by Anonymousreply 61June 13, 2018 10:40 PM

[quote]No reason why the Trump organization can't pay his legal fees. They just don't want to

Maybe they don't want to because the best legal advice lawyers (who have an ethical and legal responsibility to the client, regardless of who is paying the bills) can give to Cohen is that he should seek a deal to cooperate with the Feds.

by Anonymousreply 62June 13, 2018 11:08 PM

RE Trump not paying the Legal bills: THIS is one of the things I have been saying all along- if not his own guilt, Trumps sheer stupidity and avarice will be his undoing? I mean, not covering for the lawyer who knows where all the bodies are buried??

by Anonymousreply 63June 13, 2018 11:13 PM

The Deplorables are unraveling.

by Anonymousreply 64June 13, 2018 11:16 PM

I hope Mueller has identical state charges that are pardon proof.

by Anonymousreply 65June 13, 2018 11:18 PM

I think Cohen should be on suicide watch. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 66June 13, 2018 11:25 PM

^^ I disagree. I don't think he'd do that to his kids. Turning on Trump is the right thing to do. He'll serve prison time, and although the world may never forgive him, his children might when he gets out.

by Anonymousreply 67June 13, 2018 11:33 PM

^ Tell that to Spade and Bourdain’s kids.

by Anonymousreply 68June 13, 2018 11:38 PM

I can't see any legal firm wanting to touch this with a 10 foot pole, especially if the lack of payment thing is true.

by Anonymousreply 69June 13, 2018 11:39 PM

I agree. No firm wants the Trump stench on their marquee.

by Anonymousreply 70June 13, 2018 11:49 PM

I'm sure there are many lawyers who would represent him gratis, or whatever it is lawyers call it. But I doubt this is interesting enough on a technical level to attract an attention seeking "genius".

That leaves those who are motivated by politics. poor, poor Michael. *snort*

by Anonymousreply 71June 13, 2018 11:54 PM

Flip all he wants. I wasn't interested in him as a top, and I'm certainly repulsed by him as a bottom.

by Anonymousreply 72June 14, 2018 12:08 AM

The funniest part of this farce being that Trump won’t pony up for the legal fees. I have a feeling that Trump has been stiffing/deferring/bartering payment to Cohen for years and now, when it counts, Donald’s still not going to pay. Trump thinks it will make him look desperate and so will not come to his rescue until he is convicted and then, maybe a pardon, we’ll see...

by Anonymousreply 73June 14, 2018 12:42 AM

Well, but here's the thing. Cohen worked for the Trump Organization. He was on the payroll. Yeah he is an influence peddler, and he is trying to make money off of his proximity to Trump, but he was/is a Trump organization employee. Now, he's in trouble, likely for shit he did for them and with them while he worked for them, so they ought to pay. I guess his legal bills are really excessive. And today, according to the news, the Judge reminded his lawyers that they had to cover the costs of the special person who was reviewing his files to make sure nothing that was covered under Attorney/Client Privilege was part of the investigation or the evidence.

The term you were looking for is "pro bono" I think. Usually used for lawyers who work for free in the public interest.

by Anonymousreply 74June 14, 2018 1:14 AM

Trump is paying big money for Hope Hicks legal fees, I guess it pays to fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 75June 14, 2018 1:55 AM

Is Cohen Irish or Jewish?

by Anonymousreply 76June 14, 2018 2:24 AM

I am delighted. I hope Cohen spends many nights in emotional pain.

by Anonymousreply 77June 14, 2018 3:12 AM

My BF Michael Avenatti arrives around the 15 minute mark. Getting my hopes up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78June 14, 2018 7:11 AM

I completely forgot about her, R75.

There will be a the day when I'll say the same about everyone in the current administration.

by Anonymousreply 79June 14, 2018 7:27 AM

I 'm just shaking my head at these amateurs. When people reach the pinnacle of our government, reach the fucking White House, there are all sorts of rules and regulations, LAWS that govern conduct. They're there for a reason. You can get yourself in a pile of trouble without even trying unless you surround yourself with smart, seasoned professionals who understand government, and the law, and why those rules were put in place over the time the office of the President, and our Republic has evolved. But now we have this particular group of people who have contempt for government, and absolute contempt for the rule of law, and they come in with corrupt intent, and a mindset that they will do things their own way, and they don't even know what they don't know, and they just go on with business as usual. They're natural inclination, their reflexes are towards corruption and self aggrandizement.

So now I want them to pay the price. They've tracked their filth into the White House and they are doing great harm to the American people and have put our country at risk. I want them to pay for that. It's no exaggeration to say that because of the policies of Donald Trump and all his cabinet and staff, people will die. People have died. He already has blood on his hands. I want him gone. There's a real urgency to this. We can't afford to sit it out.

by Anonymousreply 80June 14, 2018 12:31 PM

It's not the corruption. We've had corruption before. But we have never seen such a clear and obvious threat to our national security as Trump poses. It's blatant, and we need to stop waiting for Mueller we need to put as much pressure on Congress as possible. Huge pressufe we need to be camped out by the thousands in every fucking state in every fucking CD with a GOP incumbent running for re-election and raising hell.

by Anonymousreply 81June 14, 2018 2:33 PM

[quote]Well the RNC was paying some legal bills for some people. Sine he is on the RNC Finance committee why aren't they giving up some cash.

Technically, those are campaign funds that are intended to be used for campaign activities. Cohen's troubles aren't related to any campaign activities and he was never technically part of the Trump campaign. The Trump organization is already on shaky legal ground with the money they've spent on Cohen's behalf. It's not much of a surprise that those funds are drying up and that nobody else is stepping in.

(Yes, I know that legality has never been anything that really bothers Trump.)

by Anonymousreply 82June 14, 2018 5:26 PM

Slowest flip ever!

by Anonymousreply 83June 14, 2018 5:57 PM

Moving closer...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84June 15, 2018 1:06 AM

He did a somersault r84. Like a 360 degree flip -it went so fast we didn’t see it, and he’s back in his starting position

He isn’t flipping.

by Anonymousreply 85June 15, 2018 1:12 AM

Cohen is getting hit from all sides right now. he has the law suit with Avenatti & Clifford. He has the state of NY charges, and he has federal charges with a list that gets longer by the day. He is running out of money, and Trump is not only not helping him, but in fact he is deserting him. I can imagine that as Trump begins to find out how Chen was shaking people down and not sharing his rewards with Trump it pissed Trump off. After all, like any mobster he must get his tribute.Someone must have gotten to Cohen to tell him not to turn on Trump and he'd "be taken care of" but it's gonna take Cohen time to realize he is in the wind. If he is told that everything he values is at risk, he will have to make a deal. Although he is a bit unbalanced. His obsession with all things Trump has made him delusional.

by Anonymousreply 86June 15, 2018 4:54 AM

I hope he doesn't flip, then he will get 30 years in prison only to realize his mistake long after the door on his cell slams shut. Plus it still doent look good that the Presidents personal lawyer went to jail.

by Anonymousreply 87June 15, 2018 4:57 AM

Well, Jim Sciutto on CNN is reporting that people close to Cohen are now saying he could flip. I guess he has to consider his own family. He is crooked, no doubt about it. Being Crooked is hardwired into him. But he and his crooked uncles and father in law, and his own father and all his crowd, will lose a lot of he tries to go down for protecting Trump. If he can make a deal that offers protection to his own family and their larcenies, he will go for it. He doesn't want to get stripped of his assets. He's a mobsters. Mobsters have to earn.

by Anonymousreply 88June 15, 2018 5:17 PM

I never knew there was a Jewish mafia?

by Anonymousreply 89June 15, 2018 5:59 PM

Did you think Meyer Lansky, Mickey Cohen, and Bugsy Siegel were Amish, R89?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90June 15, 2018 6:03 PM

Bump because Russian-sourced trolls are at this very moment bumping old threads in order to purposefully bury and play down the Manafort news.

by Anonymousreply 91June 15, 2018 6:27 PM

[quote]Jim Sciutto on CNN is reporting that people close to Cohen are now saying he could flip.

Carefully orchestrated leaks meant to get the Trump family to pony up more money for Cohen's defense.

by Anonymousreply 92June 15, 2018 6:29 PM

What's going on with Cohen today?

by Anonymousreply 93June 18, 2018 8:28 AM

Who flipping knows

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94June 18, 2018 8:47 AM

No flipping! No flipping! You're the flipper!

by Anonymousreply 95June 18, 2018 10:59 AM

not yet. he is still under the delusion that Trump will help him. He'll flip After he goes to jail and realizes Trump threw him under the bus. He also has the goods on many including all of trump's kids.

by Anonymousreply 96June 18, 2018 11:05 AM

He looks like a total sleaze-bag. I know that's exactly what he is, but he also reminds me of one of those old Jew connected fixers for the mafia.

by Anonymousreply 97June 18, 2018 11:13 AM

Sorry, I meant one of those Jew lawyers of old, who worked as fixers for the mafia.

by Anonymousreply 98June 18, 2018 11:22 AM

Question: Will you guys be happy with Cohen, Manafort and a few other players being indicted, or is it Trump or nothing for you?

Trump is not going to be indicted.

by Anonymousreply 99June 18, 2018 1:55 PM

R99 I hope you are indicted, then my bloodlust will be sated.

by Anonymousreply 100June 18, 2018 2:04 PM

I want Trump out of the White House. Period. As soon as possible. Like NOW. And whether or not he gets indicted comes second to that. Because whether they nail him on federal charges or not he is going down at the state level and that makes my heart glad. Fuck him. He is an illegitimate president and he is a danger to our country.

by Anonymousreply 101June 18, 2018 2:07 PM

The whole Republican Party is a danger to America, r101. They are evil to the bone, and, in my humble opinion, Trump is simply the straw man.

by Anonymousreply 102June 18, 2018 2:21 PM

R100 What an odd response.

For what would I be indicted?

by Anonymousreply 103June 18, 2018 2:55 PM

[quote]I want Trump out of the White House [...] He is an illegitimate president

Tough. If there was any criminality, do you not think the FBI and or CIA would have leaked it around the time the GOP were selecting their candidate? Do you think they waited until he got elected to start digging? The most there is on him is, he hired schmucks like Manafort and Cohen to discuss property deals that involved the laundering of oligarch assets. That Don Jr is also a schmuck and they may pin something on him.

He is a product of America culture and American values. Greed, rudeness, vulgarity, wealth worship, anti-intellectualism, pornification of the culture, tolerance of violent language, attitudes and behaviors. None of this was a secret to those who exercised their right to vote for him. He is entirely legitimate. Fix your culture, if you hate him so much.

by Anonymousreply 104June 18, 2018 2:57 PM

Doesn't anyone think there could be even worse consequences for Cohen if he really did decide to flip on what he knew about Trump?

by Anonymousreply 105June 18, 2018 2:59 PM

Michael Cohen = Dead Man Walking

Paul Manafort = Dead Man Walking

by Anonymousreply 106June 18, 2018 4:45 PM

R104....Fuck off with your apologist bullshit. Trump and Putin conspired to alter the election.....thats why Trump was screaming about a "fixed election" before the election.....he projects what he is guilty of onto others.....and by doing so assumes his idiot followers will believe him and not suspect him of wrong doing....and it worked.

Regarding your assumption that if there was anything wrong, it would have come out before the election. WRONG. We are talking a mass conspiracy that encompasses many big players, a lot of money, and many, many crimes against the United States. You do not show your hand prematurely if you want to bust the corrupt assholes....you let it play out so your net catches a bigger haul and implicates the suspects further.....If they announced anything during the campaign, it would have been premature, and many criminals would have gotten away scott free as they scrambled to cover their tracks.

And I might point out, that if there was nothing there, the investigation would have ended by now with little to no charges.....and if you claim there is nothing there, then you dont pay attention and you need to open your ears and eyes to other sources than right wing media.

by Anonymousreply 107June 18, 2018 5:25 PM

Fuck you, BernieBro Trump apologist (or more likely, Macedonian troll) at R104.

by Anonymousreply 108June 18, 2018 5:34 PM

I personally love the sound of tax evasion and asset seizure myself.

by Anonymousreply 109June 18, 2018 5:53 PM

When do we draw the line? And what are the consequences for being traitors?

I’m watching Jeff Sessions lie to us all on TV.

by Anonymousreply 110June 18, 2018 6:11 PM

Gallup: Satisfaction With U.S. Direction Reaches 12-Year High

Satisfaction rises among Republicans and independents, not among Democrats

by Anonymousreply 111June 18, 2018 6:18 PM

It will be interesting to see the impact of the decision to separate children from their parents at the border. And interesting again in a couple of months when people realize that there was nothing in that North Korea agreement and that nothing has changed there.

by Anonymousreply 112June 18, 2018 6:20 PM

He's going to sing like a canary. Stay tuned...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113June 20, 2018 7:42 AM

Sounds like he wants to make some sort of greasy plea-deal

by Anonymousreply 114June 20, 2018 8:58 AM

National Enquirer subpoenaed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115June 20, 2018 10:11 PM

now the shit is ugly, r115.

The deeper this gets, the uglier it becomes.

by Anonymousreply 116June 20, 2018 11:29 PM

Ha, Ha, National Enquirer, finally gets called out for their one sided bullshit. Not that anyone ever thought of them as honest, but in the past they used to make up trash about everyone across the board. Ever since this guy has been buddies with Trump, all through the election it was 100% Trump is a nice guy, Hillary is 100lbs overweight and hiding a terrible secret. Emails, emails, emails.

by Anonymousreply 117June 20, 2018 11:34 PM

Michael Cohen's friend Donny Deutsch on what is likely to "come out" of investigation:

- Some "Stormy Daniels things"

- Missing links to "solve the problem with Russia"

Deutsch told Melber: Michael Cohen's tapes are "going to make Donald Trump look bad. Whatever Cohen did... it was on behalf Donald Trump. If I was Donald Trump... I would be very worried right now, very worried. I would be surprised if Michael Cohen doesn't end up a very pivotal character in U.S. history."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118June 20, 2018 11:35 PM

Either flip on an untrustworthy friend or prison rape for life. Hmmmm...

by Anonymousreply 119June 20, 2018 11:38 PM

The only missing links I want to see are handcuff on Lord Cheeto.

by Anonymousreply 120June 20, 2018 11:39 PM

It always takes a while to really accept a friend was not your true friend and has stabbed you in the back. Once it really sinks in he was used by Trump all those years, all hell will break lose. Now is you will excuse me, I have to go to the store. I am running low on popcorn and getting fat watching this shit show.

by Anonymousreply 121June 20, 2018 11:42 PM

I’m going to get roasted here, but in principle, I actually agree with r104. This slug being elected MUST be the ultimate wake up call for us. Our culture DOES need to change. My God, if you don’t see that yet we are fucked. Furthermore, the chasm in class inequality in our country creates the false perception that we can’t fix these broken systems. Go read about the French Revolution when you lose heart that the lower classes can change and stop corruption. We MUST have a more equal society, we can no longer allow the wealth greed gluttons to take everything.

Having said that, r104, you are factually incorrect. Just read the Trump bio by David Cay Johnston. Trump has big time mob connections, he knows a lot of people with a lot of clout in NY and NJ — he skirted Justice many many times over many decades, that’s a fact dude. And because he really was only a television figure, he wasn’t on the Feds radar like a normal politician. There IS a lot on him, but in terms of business dealings, his main crimes are: tax fraud, tax evasion, fraud, false bankruptcy claims, failure to pay, embezzlement. Lots and lots of real estate fraud and corporate embezzlement. The crimes he’s committed since the campaign are too long to list but include: conspiracy to defraud the US, treason, multiple violations of the emolouments clause, it goes on and on and on. In your world, do all the bad guys ALWAYS go to jail? Not real life toots.

Not to mention, the US has been seen exponential increases in government corruption since the 80’s unlike anything in our history — our corruption enabled him to get “elected” but the broken system does not absolve him of his crimes. So, you’re wrong.

by Anonymousreply 122June 21, 2018 12:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!