Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Exclusive: Trump looking to erect tent cities to house unaccompanied children

The Trump administration is looking to build tent cities at military posts around Texas to shelter the increasing number of unaccompanied migrant children being held in detention.

The Department of Health and Human Services will visit Fort Bliss, a sprawling Army base near El Paso in the coming weeks to look at a parcel of land where the administration is considering building a tent city to hold between 1,000 and 5,000 children, according to U.S. officials and other sources familiar with the plans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365June 26, 2018 1:54 PM

He's going for the Joe Arpaio move. Tents, pink underwear, green balony sandwiches for lunch and dinner. Ole sheriff Joe must now be an advisor.

by Anonymousreply 1June 12, 2018 9:36 PM

This country is sliding into the shitter at an increasing rate lately, just as predicted

by Anonymousreply 2June 12, 2018 9:40 PM

How long until they implement the final solution?

by Anonymousreply 3June 12, 2018 9:44 PM

Parents should not be sending unaccompanied children to the USA. They are not USA citizens, we are not the world’s welfare state.

by Anonymousreply 4June 12, 2018 9:49 PM

^ That's NOT what the thread is about. Yes, that has happened, but this is a whole different story and more recent. This is about children, some as young as a year old and toddlers as well, to those in their early teens, being physically taken from the mother (or both parents) upon reaching the US border seeking asylum from violence. They are being ripped away from the parents at the border.

Families are being separated, parents from their children. It is not about parents who send unaccompanied children to the US. Two completely different events. Two completely different stories. Try to keep up.

by Anonymousreply 5June 12, 2018 10:03 PM

Fuck off Russian Troll @ R4. We all know these are children being taken from unauthorized migrants at the border.

The Richies won't like this. I expect even them to turn up their noses at this atrocity. They like their ugliness kept under-wraps and hidden away so they don't have to suffer the visual blemish or stench of it.

by Anonymousreply 6June 12, 2018 10:04 PM

Good idea. He should send his grandchildren to live in one for a while. Good life lesson.

by Anonymousreply 7June 12, 2018 10:05 PM

Those tiny hands can't erect anything. Including trouser tents.

by Anonymousreply 8June 12, 2018 10:05 PM

The, who cares, 'I hate children troll' AND the 'Right-wing Trump trolls' AND the 'pedophile/hebephile trolls' will all be along soon enough to fuse the stories and derail the thread. 3,2,1, ...... here they come.

by Anonymousreply 9June 12, 2018 10:07 PM

Lord of the Flies.

by Anonymousreply 10June 12, 2018 10:07 PM

where else would the kids go? I understand it’s a conc. campy move. But can’t be put out on the streets. And no one wants to make them legal immigrants. And why are they crossing the border alone anyway? There are so many bad people out there.

by Anonymousreply 11June 12, 2018 10:07 PM

typo- They cannot be put out on the street or foster homes.

by Anonymousreply 12June 12, 2018 10:09 PM

Also to flock to this thread will be all of the far left liberals to scream about how terrible and unethical this is, all the while defending the throngs of tent cities in California with crazies, criminals, and drug addicts living in them.

by Anonymousreply 13June 12, 2018 10:14 PM

Are we tattooing them yet so we can keep track of them?

Even though we keep them in cages we seem to have lost track of over a thousand of them.

by Anonymousreply 14June 12, 2018 10:15 PM

Reading comprehension seems to be an issue here on this thread.

These young children ARE NOT crossing the border alone R12/11. They are forcibly taken away from their mother at the border.

She fled to the US border seeking asylum from violence. They are not all from Mexico either. Some are from South America and they arrive at the border with their young children in tow who are taken from them and separated for many months at a time. Toddlers and 5-year olds are sleeping alongside teens who are complete strangers in these tents, while the grieving mother agonizes over the well-being of her child or children whom she hasn't seen in months and doesn't know if she will ever see them again.

AG Jeff Sessions has admitted to this practice of taking children from their parents if and when they arrive at the US border seeking asylum from violence. It is not a secret and it is not fake news. He is on the record and not denying this horrific practice.

by Anonymousreply 15June 12, 2018 10:20 PM

[quote]There are so many bad people out there.

I imagine those are the kids that make it...

by Anonymousreply 16June 12, 2018 10:20 PM

^ *Central America*

by Anonymousreply 17June 12, 2018 10:21 PM

Why tents? Why not FEMA trailers, etc.?

What is the plan? Why did the illegals have to be split form their kids? What's the strategy that is better if they are separated?

by Anonymousreply 18June 12, 2018 10:26 PM

[quote]Parents should not be sending unaccompanied children to the USA.

This is true, but it might be a situation where most of those kids no longer have parents to stop them. Many of them come following extended family members that were already here...

Eventually, the corruption in Central America has to be addressed, if only for our own national security.

by Anonymousreply 19June 12, 2018 10:26 PM

It would be a horrible disaster if our kids started sauntering up to Tijuana alone. The army would go and rescue them.

There must be some advantage to sending kids alone across from Mexico to El Paso. Some may be orphans. Some may have family here? Is this a kind of immigration so that trying to put limits on it automatically turns Trump into a monster? A bigger monster than ever? Why isn’t Mexico taking them back? If they’re supposed to become immigrants, then that should be done.

I think this is being done to prevent familial immigration under the guise of the poor, accompanied children, who will then join their families. Children are a powerful weapon in an immigration war.

by Anonymousreply 20June 12, 2018 10:27 PM

Young children and teenagers not protected and supervised by one or both of their parents---a pedophile's dream come true.

And speaking of pedos they'll be here spewing their usual filth and fucking up the thread.

by Anonymousreply 21June 12, 2018 10:28 PM

Couldn't they be put on long leashes and sent into the fields to pick oranges or whatever the fuck they grow down there?

by Anonymousreply 22June 12, 2018 10:28 PM

R20 See R15.

by Anonymousreply 23June 12, 2018 10:29 PM

[quote]We all know these are children being taken from unauthorized migrants at the border.

“Unauthorized” being the key word.

As in, they have no business being here.

by Anonymousreply 24June 12, 2018 10:31 PM

R22 these little children are deeply traumatized and crying for their mothers. The separation was traumatic and they've been separated for months. F&F and blocked for making a joke out of that.

by Anonymousreply 25June 12, 2018 10:33 PM

Using the words "Trump" and "erect" in the same sentence is like viciously slapping the baby jesus.

by Anonymousreply 26June 12, 2018 10:37 PM

Could those of you in the know please explain the "strategy" why these children are being separated from family? Does it make it easier to turn away the adult? Is the plan to keep the children but not the adults? Or what. It can't JUST BE AN EVIL PLOT to TRAFFIC AND ABUSE CHILDREN.

by Anonymousreply 27June 12, 2018 10:39 PM

R24, if they are “unauthorized” then why not send them back where they came from, or just dump them in Mexico — why kidnap their kids and KEEP them in the US?

R27, I suspect that this is being done to horrify people into not coming to the US.

by Anonymousreply 28June 12, 2018 10:41 PM

I don’t get it. Let the parents keep their kids and turn back all of them. What's the point of taking children from their parents?? Where do the parents go? Are we in effect kidnapping these children??

I thought these kids had no adults with them.

by Anonymousreply 29June 12, 2018 10:45 PM

To the imbeciles way upthread; this isn't about an ICE raid, handcuffing and dragging a parent or head-of-household who are here illegally, away from their kids. That this happening too, but is not the same as this story.

This horrific and traumatic mother-child separation is happening right at the border when they arrive from Central America or MX or maybe So America, to escape violence or whatever unsafe/life-threatening conditions. They are unaware that when they arrive at the U.S. border they will be taken to a facility and that their child will immediately be taken from them and sent to another facility, separated for many months and in most cases the children are under age 10. They have no idea of their child's well being or what is happening to their child whom they know are crying for them.

This is cruel. It is also a crime and it is happening on Trumps' watch.

by Anonymousreply 30June 12, 2018 10:48 PM

Deplorable idiots in 2 years: "These illegals are destroying America, they built tent cities!"

by Anonymousreply 31June 12, 2018 10:49 PM

[quote] Are we in effect kidnapping these children??

Yes, to make pizza!

by Anonymousreply 32June 12, 2018 10:49 PM

r29 Yes, we are in effect kidnapping the kids from families seeking asylum. Sessions said the point is to scare people away from coming here, it is a Trump Admin policy.

by Anonymousreply 33June 12, 2018 10:49 PM

I am worried these kids are being trafficked.

by Anonymousreply 34June 12, 2018 10:51 PM

Yes R33 Jeff Sessions did say that, but the problem is that the mother/parents don't know about the separation that is about to occur until it's too late when they finally reach the border, which is why R27 hit the nail on the head. Child sex-trafficking. That's what it's really all about.

And Trump is no stranger to sex trafficking. He has experience with this crime from his Trump Modeling Agency days when he trafficked underage teen girls with promises of modeling fame and fortune.

by Anonymousreply 35June 12, 2018 10:56 PM

I heard Senator Merkley talk about this on the weekend. Like R33 said, this new policy is about appealing to the base. Like the racists who have replied in this thread. The base will vote R in November cause they will unite in their racism,

Look, we have foster systems in place for unaccompanied minors. But racists in this thread gotta racist.

by Anonymousreply 36June 12, 2018 10:57 PM

[quote]children and teenagers not protected and supervised by one or both of their parents---a pedophile's dream come true.

That Stephen Miller gives me creepy vibes. His dirty paws are all over this I am sure....

by Anonymousreply 37June 12, 2018 10:59 PM

Send those kids to mexico!

by Anonymousreply 38June 12, 2018 11:00 PM

Just like the Nazis, tearing children away from parents and sending them to a "camp." It's just a matter of time before they bring in the poison gas.

How could any Democrat not vote this November and in 2020, how, if they have one shred of decency in them?

by Anonymousreply 39June 12, 2018 11:00 PM

F&F & BLOCKED Right-winger racist Trumpy trolls @ R32 and R22 and R4.

by Anonymousreply 40June 12, 2018 11:01 PM

R37 Stephen Miller and Joe Arpaio too, and a bunch of other pedophiles and child sex-traffickers, possibly Hollywood pedophile rings too, all of which evil mastermind Trump probably made pre-campaign promises too.

by Anonymousreply 41June 12, 2018 11:06 PM

You took me seriously?

by Anonymousreply 42June 12, 2018 11:06 PM

So much for family values

by Anonymousreply 43June 12, 2018 11:07 PM

Trump is catering to his pedophile base, because you find them by the truckloads within the GOP ranks.

by Anonymousreply 44June 12, 2018 11:10 PM

He'll probably charge admission to his dodgy pedo friends.

by Anonymousreply 45June 12, 2018 11:13 PM

R42 Sarcasm or making jokes on an emotionally-charged thread about babies, toddlers, children and teenagers being ripped away from their mother, screaming hysterically, severely traumatized for life, sent hundreds of miles away to an unknown location, is a bad idea.

Add something of substance and you won't get flamed or blocked. Or just move onto another thread more suitable to your IQ and emotional maturity.

by Anonymousreply 46June 12, 2018 11:14 PM

OK. I need to know please. Are these unaccompanied children? By an adult or adolescent or whoever?

OR

A family comes over with two kids and Trump and Arpaio forcibly take their children. What do they tell the parents? I would be hysterical. Are the parents cool with this? If so, WHY in baby Jesus’ name are the parents ok with it? Where do they go? I mean the parents? Do they leave forwarding addresses? And finally, that Sessions sounds fucking psychotic. How long does he plan on “horrifying” people? Immigrants never get horrified, they find other ways. I want to step on Sessions’ head.

by Anonymousreply 47June 12, 2018 11:15 PM

[quote]They are not USA citizens, we are not the world’s welfare state.

THIS, x 1000.

by Anonymousreply 48June 12, 2018 11:15 PM

R47, some mothers are being told their kids are being taken to get baths and they never see them again.

by Anonymousreply 49June 12, 2018 11:17 PM

R45 Oh, as usual Trump is lining his pockets with kickbacks and likely getting manufactured approval rating boosts as well.

by Anonymousreply 50June 12, 2018 11:17 PM

Bad, Bad you R47.

by Anonymousreply 51June 12, 2018 11:20 PM

Either R48 mistakenly posted his/her reply on the wrong thread or can't fully grasp what is actually taking place with these children.

by Anonymousreply 52June 12, 2018 11:21 PM

Some parents have been deported already, but not their children (oopsy). I'm sure they'll eventually get their children back...

by Anonymousreply 53June 12, 2018 11:22 PM

i don't understand why parents would do this to their kids? wtf? I hate kids and don't have any. Their parents must really hate them.

by Anonymousreply 54June 12, 2018 11:23 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 12, 2018 11:23 PM

R47 & R54 same poster, didn't read the previous posts. Because you can't be that stupid. Maybe leave the thread while you're ahead.

by Anonymousreply 56June 12, 2018 11:25 PM

I did not know it would do that. The article is titled "US Border Patrol accused of misleading immigrants while separating families: ‘They’re taking kids for baths and never returning'" if anyone wants to go the site to read it.

by Anonymousreply 57June 12, 2018 11:26 PM

This reminds me of the scene on Chindler's list where the children are taken for a "stroll"....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 12, 2018 11:29 PM

R49 Exactly. Some of the mothers have reported that they were told by a woman posing as a social worker no less, that they would wash the child up and put clean clothes on them and bring them right back. Only they haven't seen their child in months.

These criminals under Trump are finding new ways to steal/kidnap children who arrive at the border with their parent, usually mother, seeking asylum from other countries, a lot are from South America, some from Mexico, and they trick them into giving up their child or they just take the child away screaming = psychopathic sex-traffickers and pedophiles. They make it look legal and necessary when it is illegal and cruel.

by Anonymousreply 59June 12, 2018 11:33 PM

If they’re being “separated” from their parents, their parents have NO business being in the USA. Sorry, again, we’re not the world’s welfare state. We’re not in charge of South America, Latin America, Africa, and the like. We shouldn’t give them a dime if they’re here, they all need to be sent home.

by Anonymousreply 60June 12, 2018 11:34 PM

It is the fault of the PARENTS bringing them here. Why isn’t anyone talking about that? These choices that he PARENTS of the children are making is WRONG.

by Anonymousreply 61June 12, 2018 11:35 PM

R61, No one is talking about that, because it doesn’t fit the liberal “Trump is a racist” narrative.

by Anonymousreply 62June 12, 2018 11:37 PM

R61, the government, our government, is kidnapping these kids. We could send the kids and their parents back together, but we don’t. We are keeping the kids. That’s illegal, that’s insane.

by Anonymousreply 63June 12, 2018 11:38 PM

Calling everyone “racist” “nazi” “Trump trolls” “bigoted” “pedophile” is not helping the situation. How about these PARENTS respect our borders, don’t have those kids they can’t afford, and not come? America has removed the welcome mat of “everyone come in”. We’re FULL. We have our own problems. We need to clean up our own house first.

by Anonymousreply 64June 12, 2018 11:39 PM

Diaf Trump cuntbags on this thread. Seriously just fucking die.

by Anonymousreply 65June 12, 2018 11:43 PM

Ok, I’m not some anti-immigrant beast wanting to gas them all. But the parents should not be coming here. This country does not want to support them nor put them in front of other immigrants waiting in line. They definitely don’t want families coming across the border.

Perhaps our government has realized that nothing short of abuse will deter these people. They look to me like they feel it’s their right to just show up with their kids. Even Canada does not do that anymore. The parents should STOP. No one is killing people indiscriminately and there’s no genocide. Yes, the cartels are bad. I doubt every single kid is recruited by them.

I also don’t get why no one tells these people to stop coming. Is there a strong political bloc encouraging these “migrants”?

by Anonymousreply 66June 12, 2018 11:44 PM

[quote] they all need to be sent home.

Except those children are not being sent home... unless by home you mean a pedophile's home in Alabama.

by Anonymousreply 67June 12, 2018 11:45 PM

Again, racist trolls, we have policies and procedures in place, looking at you R64.

We have 9 voleg organizations that have been in place since the 1940s to deal with children. An example is Lutheran immigration and refugee service (LIRS).

We have an entire branch of law (civil law, immigration is part of that).

Trump and sessions have decided to play, as people have pointed out, Schindlers list with the most vulnerable people.

So, yes, you are ignorant racists. None of this is normal.

by Anonymousreply 68June 12, 2018 11:46 PM

No one wants anything to happen to the kids. We’re *not* racists. But we don’t want people who come here for our welfare to be here, whom for the most part, do not work, if those stats from the LAT were correct, that is that 83% are on welfare in just the Los Angeles area. No thank you. Stay home.

by Anonymousreply 69June 12, 2018 11:49 PM

[quote]Perhaps our government has realized that nothing short of [bold]abuse[/bold] will deter these people.

You barely made that connection ???

R66, if you allow child abuse to be decriminalized, what makes you think you're not next on their list of "cleansing" ??? Think about it for a while chump...

by Anonymousreply 70June 12, 2018 11:50 PM

[quote]Is there a strong political bloc encouraging these “migrants”?

Yes. Democrats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71June 12, 2018 11:51 PM

R69 There is NO excuse for ripping a child away from its mother, except in cases of child abuse. Crawl back under your rock.

Right R63. They shouldn't allow them in and turning them back with their kids would be better than taking them in and then taking the kids away---kidnapping and pedophilia, imo. The mother doesn't know that her child will be taken away until it actually happens.

R64 They aren't disrespecting borders. They are in danger and panic-stricken, running from violence trying to protect their child and think they are headed to safety only to later discover their child has been taken away, they lost their child and may or may not ever be reunited. If they are ever reunited the child will never be the same. It is cruel. It is WRONG on every level. I guess you can't relate to having to protect your children and having to flee violence. There are other threads on the DL more suited to the emotionally stunted, like yourself.

by Anonymousreply 72June 12, 2018 11:54 PM

The parents are LEGALLY bringing their children here seeking asylum at check points. They come here because the US is famous for being a place for hope and freedom, or was. "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free..." Does that ring any bells for those of you so confused why people flee from danger and bring their kids here?

Blaming the parents when they did nothing wrong except be naive about what an evil creep Trump is? You're fucking off your rocker. They didn't know their kids would be taken, this has never been done before.

by Anonymousreply 73June 12, 2018 11:56 PM

some of the people in this thread are pretty heartless.

[quote]A Honduran father separated from his wife and child suffered a breakdown at a Texas jail and killed himself in a padded cell last month, according to Border Patrol agents and an incident report filed by sheriff’s deputies.

[quote]The death of Marco Antonio Muñoz, 39, has not been publicly disclosed by the Department of Homeland Security, and it did not appear in any local news accounts. But according to a copy of a sheriff’s department report obtained by The Washington Post, Muñoz was found on the floor of his cell May 13 in a pool of blood with an item of clothing twisted around his neck.

[quote]Starr County sheriff’s deputies recorded the incident as a “suicide in custody.”

[...]

[quote]According to Border Patrol agents with detailed knowledge of what occurred, Muñoz crossed the Rio Grande with his wife and 3-year-old son on May 12 near the tiny town of Granjeno, Tex. The area is a popular crossing point for Central American families and teenagers who turn themselves in to apply for asylum in the United States.

[...]

[quote]Soon after Muñoz and his family were taken into custody, they arrived at a processing station in nearby McAllen and said they wanted to apply for asylum. Border Patrol agents told the family they would be separated. That’s when Muñoz “lost it,” according to one agent, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss the incident.

[quote]“The guy lost his s---,” the agent said. “[bold]They had to use physical force to take the child out of his hands.”[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74June 12, 2018 11:56 PM

Why did Munoz decide to come WITH his kids? He needs to take responsibility for that. That is NOT our fault. He killed himself for his OWN poor decisions.

by Anonymousreply 75June 12, 2018 11:58 PM

I don’t agree they are coming here “legally”. Legally would be you come here WITH A JOB & MONEY already. If you have nothing, don’t come. Sorry. Don’t expect to come here & take our welfare for yourself & your “kids”.

by Anonymousreply 76June 13, 2018 12:00 AM

R69, undocumented people can't get government benefits.

Clearly you cannot read. I wrote "policies and procedures are in place."

That means, and you can read this out loud cause silent reading isn't your strength, we have a system of laws already in place. Don't like it? Have CONGRESS write and pass comprehensive immigration reform.

But, as Senator Merkley said, this is about appealing to racists such as yourself.

by Anonymousreply 77June 13, 2018 12:02 AM

BTW, the H2A program means you come here LEGALLY & you can bring your kids. They are not the ones being sent back. H2A is the ag visa program and there is a growers labor bureau that can help farmers get help & the workers in Latin America choose what farms to work on.

by Anonymousreply 78June 13, 2018 12:02 AM

R75 So that gives the government or border officials the right to inflict harm and do what they did? You're just as bad as these criminals who have the empathy of a snake. There's a rock with your name on it. Crawl back under it and stay there.

by Anonymousreply 79June 13, 2018 12:02 AM

What child abuse has been decriminalized? I do see familial abuse because there seems to be no other way to stop these people.

I’m quite sure I’m not on anybodys’ cleansing list. Not any more or less than you are. So unless we let these people take advantage of us, we will be gassed soon? I’m not that big of a chump. It’s ridiculous to extrapolate the treatment of illegal immigrants to my being surely thrown in a concentration camp. Ain’t happening. There’s no connection between these two scenarios.

by Anonymousreply 80June 13, 2018 12:03 AM

The people coming have the “empathy of a snake” for the USA imho.

by Anonymousreply 81June 13, 2018 12:03 AM

I'm convinced this guy is just an asshole troll, I refuse to believe he has this little humanity and intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 82June 13, 2018 12:06 AM

R82 welcome to Datalounge, pointless BITCHERY is part of the motto.

by Anonymousreply 83June 13, 2018 12:08 AM

The fact that he is trolling on this particular subject already tells you he has little regard for a child, any child. I bet he also hates gay men and women.

by Anonymousreply 84June 13, 2018 12:09 AM

Jesus Christ you bitches are a bunch of heartless cunts. When gay men were dropping like flies from AIDS were you assholes saying they deserved it for being such irresponsible sluts?

God, if this thread is an example of the real opinions of the average older gay male then I can see why nobody wants your hateful asses. Somehow, I think it’s actually just a handful of trolls.

by Anonymousreply 85June 13, 2018 12:10 AM

Separating children, especially young children, from their parents is the absolute worst, cruelest, most devastating psychological trauma you can inflict. This policy is indefensible.

See Twitter thread at link for more info about what’s happening on the ground.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 13, 2018 12:12 AM

Yes I agree R84 and he makes these people out to be criminals whom he doesn't even know. Cut from the same cloth as Trump.

FYI - AGAIN, they think they are headed to safety and are unaware that their child or children are going to be taken from them and kept in separate shelters. It doesn't get any fucking crueler, to the brain disordered assholes who don't get that.

On another note, all human beings are hardwired for survival and will take all necessary measures to survive. Something for the low IQers on this thread, who seem oblivious to that, to think about.

by Anonymousreply 87June 13, 2018 12:14 AM

[quote]Jesus Christ you bitches are a bunch of heartless cunts.

Cunt @ R85, did you not read that it is just 2 trolls hijacking this thread? Put the two trolls on ignored and you'll see DLers discussing this issue with respect.

by Anonymousreply 88June 13, 2018 12:16 AM

Fairly easy to block a couple trolls and all the sick comments disappear. Its just trolls trying to seed discord and mayhem.

by Anonymousreply 89June 13, 2018 12:18 AM

R88, I said in my post that I believed it to be a few trolls but no, I don’t see the post that identifies the trolls. Care to point out the post that names the two trolls? Maybe I have that poster blocked?

by Anonymousreply 90June 13, 2018 12:20 AM

When you separate a child from who the see as their caretaker for more than two months you already inflicted life long psychological damage. That is what used to happen in those Rumanian orphanages in the 1980s.

A lot of these children are already lost in more than one way...

by Anonymousreply 91June 13, 2018 12:20 AM

We are not the (Third) World’s door mat any longer!

Try Canada instead!

by Anonymousreply 92June 13, 2018 12:22 AM

The whole idea of “caring” DLers has me doubled over with paroxysms of laughter. Oh you’re all so “CARING” right? Oh my STARS! LOL

by Anonymousreply 93June 13, 2018 12:23 AM

R40 nailed two of the four, each have posted several disturbing comments. But it's actually four separate psychopath trolls or two posting on different devices who are derailing the thread with their hatred of children and racism. F&F and Block them as you come across them. They are deplorables, so there's that too.

TO ADD: Just as I went to hit "Post" you can also block the latest Trump troll/deplorable @ R93.

by Anonymousreply 94June 13, 2018 12:26 AM

Whew, sorry your “feelings” are terribly hurt but really IDGAF.

by Anonymousreply 95June 13, 2018 12:31 AM

WTF with these parents sending their children unaccompanied? Is life really that cheap south of the border?

by Anonymousreply 96June 13, 2018 12:36 AM

[quote]Also to flock to this thread will be all of the far left liberals to scream about how terrible and unethical this is, all the while defending the throngs of tent cities in California with crazies, criminals, and drug addicts living in them.

And those far left liberals do not live anywhere near these people.

by Anonymousreply 97June 13, 2018 12:38 AM

We, American citizens, need to demand that our government, both the Republicans and the Democrats, stop fucking around in Latin America. Our polices have helped create the mess, and the only solution is to demand that our government treat our neighbors with respect and help them achieve their full potential.

But calling anyone who opposes illegal immigration a racist guarantees a GOP victory in the mid-terms. Note that neither party suggests what I'm suggesting - that we help our neighbors so that Latin Americans stay put, again because the GOP wants cheap labor and the Dems want votes.

These kids need to be left in the care of their parents and all turned around together. We have too many of our own problems to take on the rest of the world's. And I say this as a person who's seen a lot of the rest of the world. We need to atone for our sins, but we can't take everyone.

by Anonymousreply 98June 13, 2018 12:43 AM

R57 except to use them as nannies, cheap slave labor, cheap gardeners & cheap maids. All of it is slave labor.

by Anonymousreply 99June 13, 2018 12:43 AM

There are more than four.

by Anonymousreply 100June 13, 2018 12:43 AM

FWIW Italy is going to deport 300 people a day. Hungary closed their borders, Poland is mad AF, and Austria wants them out. And Canada is going to elect Doug Ford as PM soon enough. It’s the way things are going because real people don’t want to live near/ be near people who just take tons of tax dollars and give almost nothing in return. They don’t want to fund them.

by Anonymousreply 101June 13, 2018 12:45 AM

Republicans don't give a shit. They're going to ask, "Is this going to change anyone's vote?" I think they'll find that it won't be in many voters' minds. They just don't care. They're doing this to punish and deter. I think Trump wants a border security/immigration will with funding for the wall.

by Anonymousreply 102June 13, 2018 12:48 AM

Did we get rid of the anchor baby policy yet?

by Anonymousreply 103June 13, 2018 12:49 AM

Deterrence is often cited as a goal but is rarely successful with regard to criminal law. Are there any indications that there is any impact whatsoever on numbers coming? My guess is no and the system really is not set up to handle large numbers of very young kids. Re the older unaccompanied minors, many were recruited into gangs like MS-13. It has been a disaster that should not be repeated.

by Anonymousreply 104June 13, 2018 12:49 AM

I do not believe so, R103. Has that even come up in Congress?

by Anonymousreply 105June 13, 2018 12:49 AM

[quote]But calling anyone who opposes illegal immigration a racist guarantees a GOP victory in the mid-terms.

R98, it's because [bold]they are[/bold] racist. Nobody in this thread is pro illegal immigration, but Human Rights, especially those of poor innocent children, should never be violated.

by Anonymousreply 106June 13, 2018 12:49 AM

This appeals to Trump's voters and tears at liberal Dems' bleeding hearts - they'll fund the wall to stop this. It's brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 107June 13, 2018 12:50 AM

R101 breitbart news isn't real.

I appreciate the info about trolls. I think most gays know trump means to come for all of us.

This is just the first time we have seen the inhumanity.

by Anonymousreply 108June 13, 2018 12:51 AM

[quote]Did we get rid of the anchor baby policy yet?

No, the US and Canada are the last first world nations that have not.

by Anonymousreply 109June 13, 2018 12:53 AM

Fuck off all of you pretending to give a shit about "the CHILLLLLLDRENNNNNN!!!!!" Far worse has been posted in regards to abused children, murdered children, etc. and you're all fine with it. But Trump enters the picture either directly or peripherally and suddenly OUTRAGE!!!!

What exactly should we do with all of these illegals streaming across the border? We cannot continue to allow hordes of people to come here, we have MILLIONS of illegals here already, not one more should be allowed in until we get the rest of the kerfuffle under control! Coming into a country illegally comes with GREAT RISKS, I don't want to hear that these parents had no clue what could happen once they got here. The real problem is that these people are used to decades of USA rolling out the red carpet for them. Now they are seeing that's not the case anymore.

by Anonymousreply 110June 13, 2018 1:03 AM

As I said in another thread, 90% of the LA Unified School District is minority and 74% of the students are Hispanic. That means that even some non-Hispanic liberals have put their kids into private school. Do you honestly think that these liberals don't resent having to pay big bucks because the public schools, with all the spending on ESL and remedial classes, etc.,, can't actually educate their darlings?

At some point, even the liberals are going to turn.

If Mexico were illegally invaded by Austrians, Portuguese and Scottish, R106, I guarantee that it's people would have the same reaction as Americans are having to wave after wave of illegal immigration.

California is now majority Latino due to immigration and birth rates. As I have also said, the difference between Latin American immigrants and immigrants from the rest of the world (beyond illegals being unvetted) is that their home countries are right next door, and they have arrived in such massive numbers that they have changed the culture, including the language. There is not one day that I don't hear Spanish multiple times. I often find it easier to speak Spanish than English.

And again, if it were Germans or Pakistanis flooding our borders to the point where we were surrounded by their customs and languages, I'm pretty sure the reaction would be the same.

We, all of us, are being used by the cheap labor, open borders crowd of globalist/ 1% yet "liberals" have been brainwashed to think this is a moral issue when in fact when automation takes our jobs we will all be fighting to pick fruit.

[quote] The long-expected moment when Latinos surpassed non-Hispanic whites as California’s largest racial or ethnic group has come and gone... California saw an immigration boom from Mexico and Central America during the 1980s, a population surge that has since moved to other states, particularly in the Midwest and South.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 13, 2018 1:06 AM

The caravan people are still waiting...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112June 13, 2018 1:10 AM

Yeah sure tents, so totally not camps like hitler.

by Anonymousreply 113June 13, 2018 1:10 AM

Thank you for that stunning example of ignorant bigotry, R111. We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.

by Anonymousreply 114June 13, 2018 1:10 AM

They demand entry. ASYLUM NOW!

by Anonymousreply 115June 13, 2018 1:12 AM

ASYLUM!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116June 13, 2018 1:12 AM

[quote]Far worse has been posted in regards to abused children, murdered children, etc. and you're all fine with it.

Tell me, does blatantly making shit up work at the other forums you frequent?

[quote]What exactly should we do with all of these illegals streaming across the border?

Since that really has nothing at all to do with the issue of the Trump administration taking children away from their parents and housing them in tent cities, I think I'll pass, particularly since it's clear that you're not even remotely interested in a real answer.

by Anonymousreply 117June 13, 2018 1:12 AM

Yeah, R116; we get it. You're a moron. You don't need to keep posting stupid pictures to prove it.

by Anonymousreply 118June 13, 2018 1:13 AM

"At some point, even the liberals are going to turn."

Nah. They will up and leave the shitholes they created and will move elsewhere to start anew, until that place is then a shithole. THIS is why we have Trump in office.

"We, all of us, are being used by the cheap labor, open borders crowd of globalist/ 1% yet "liberals" have been brainwashed to think this is a moral issue when in fact when automation takes our jobs we will all be fighting to pick fruit."

This! Just look at the leaders and the $$$$$ behind the liberal agenda and you will easily see who is behind all of this.

by Anonymousreply 119June 13, 2018 1:13 AM

[quote]Has that even come up in Congress?

It can't; it would require a Constitutional Amendment.

by Anonymousreply 120June 13, 2018 1:14 AM

Oh, please, R119. Just give up that stupid bullshit of "THIS is why we have Trump in office." It's just dumb.

by Anonymousreply 121June 13, 2018 1:15 AM

Touching music: "Things are complicated. Let them in." More men than women in that caravan... interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122June 13, 2018 1:15 AM

The children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123June 13, 2018 1:16 AM

[quote]I don’t agree they are coming here “legally”

Yeah, but that's because you're a moron, ignorant of our laws. It is, in fact, legal to come here to apply for asylum, no matter how much you don't want that to be true.

by Anonymousreply 124June 13, 2018 1:17 AM

R105, If you are born in the US, you are a US citizen. It’s in the 14th Amendment.

by Anonymousreply 125June 13, 2018 1:19 AM

R114 AKA Ivory Tower Boy, I (R111) grew up on the border, my childhood friends and favorite teachers were Hispanic, I speak Spanish, have Latino relatives and I interact with Latin Americans daily. I have subsequently lived in other countries and traveled in many more. Almost every country has limits on immigration, what is bigoted about asking for limits and vetting in ours?

If we want to become Latin America, then we should have an equal right to land up over there and demand resources, schooling for our kids in our language, medical care, a seat at the political table, etc.

But right now we allow the US government to enact all sorts of heinous and ruinous policies towards Latin America and instead of stopping our government, we import the refugees plus the economic refugees, which then brings down the wages for the poorest among us and changes our culture.

And R114, you're the one who's racist because you're the one who think that these immigrants, unlike others who go through the legal process, should be allowed into this country solely because they're brown.

by Anonymousreply 126June 13, 2018 1:23 AM

I'd like to see some articles about how we're currently interfering in Latin America...

by Anonymousreply 127June 13, 2018 1:24 AM

Our interference in Latin America is ongoing, and both parties are guilty. Hillary Clinton and the coup in Honduras springs to mind.

[quote] Did Hillary Clinton stand by as Honduras coup ushered in era of violence? ...Leaked emails from Clinton’s private server which were published by WikiLeaks show that during this period, the US pushed the OAS to support new elections and sideline Zelaya.

But the ousted leader still had real support at home: tens of thousands of people took to the streets in daily demonstrations demanding his return and the cancellation of the November elections which Clinton advocated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128June 13, 2018 1:28 AM

[quote]And R114, you're the one who's racist because you're the one who think that these immigrants, unlike others who go through the legal process, should be allowed into this country solely because they're brown

LOL... What is it with you morons and just making shit up without even bothering to ask yourself whether it's true? And not even thinking that this is ridiculously false and ridiculously easy to check? Thank you for confirming your bigotry.

by Anonymousreply 129June 13, 2018 1:31 AM

Thanks, R128.

by Anonymousreply 130June 13, 2018 1:33 AM

Some of the posters here are obviously reading comprehension challenged and still don't understand this is about children being separated from parents at the border while trying to escape violence in their country and they didn't abandon their children, nor were they sneaking into the country illegally. Their child/children were taken from them against their will when they arrived at the border.

And now the latest is that the questionable facilities the traumatized children are being held in among strangers and other child/victims, separated and away from their parents, are becoming overrun and overcrowded. So Trump's solution is to erect tent cities to house them. This is also instead of returning them to their parents. They are 'unaccompanied minors' because they were taken from the parent who is worried sick and grieving, or as many are saying, stolen and kidnapped.

Maybe they've already sold them to the highest bidder pedophiles and also psychopathic people who are wealthy and need little slaves to slave for them. That's why they have not, so far, returned any of the children to the parents despite their pleas.

Some of the insensitive replies here are clearly from trolls and deplorables and others are from DLers who are reading comprehension challenged and do not understand the thread topic.

And, as it turns out, it is more than four trolls.

It's better now that they are blocked but keep blocking them as they arrive. They can still post but we can't see their posts. Don't feed the trolls. Stop arguing with them and block them instead. If you argue your point they will stay. If you block them they will leave. If you are against blocking, then at least stop replying to them.

by Anonymousreply 131June 13, 2018 1:36 AM

Send all the children to R131!

by Anonymousreply 132June 13, 2018 1:38 AM

R127 Then start your own thread about that topic.

by Anonymousreply 133June 13, 2018 1:38 AM

R131, they're unaccompanied children. Lots of them come here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134June 13, 2018 1:39 AM

R128, u know the school of the Americas has been around since the 1950s, right? They trained all the Generals etc who ran the right wing death squads in Latin America. So, Bush Sr who headed the CIA had his fingerprints all over this.

Honduras was fucked up due to the death squads in the 1980s1990s, that would be Reagan and Bush, of course Hilary is responsible for this.

But yes

by Anonymousreply 135June 13, 2018 1:40 AM

Brown people (blacks, arabs, latinos) are feral. They all have IQs under 85. They are basically just retarded sociopaths. They really can't help themselves blame the people that let them in. The only way they can have a decent standard of living is parasitism off 100+ IQ whites and east asians. The Asians don't put up with the bullshit. Only mentally ill Jewish and white leftist crazies put up with it.

Jews (a highly neurotic and self loathing race with sky high levels of mental illness), Liberal looney low T soy boy cuck effete white males,the typical liberal woman= single white women (too crazy to maintain longterm relationships with men) nelly queeny bottom gay men, new agey crank michfest lezzies, radical feminists, 300lb purple haired trannies, the borderline personality disordered, virtue signaling Hollyweird actor/actresses are the only people who want more useless blacks/arabs/latinos. No one else but them.

Their countries are violent and poor because they as a race are violent and stupid. If the race is nice the place is nice.

by Anonymousreply 136June 13, 2018 1:42 AM

R131, do you understand that the "trolls" i.e., anyone who disagrees with you, don't vanish into thin air when you block them and that perhaps it behooves you to hear what other Americans are thinking, because other Americans do vote, donate, talk to even more Americans about issues such as this?

I see Mr. Argument at R129 has finally clocked out from Macy's!

And R135, are you a child? Just because Bush Sr and Reagan, both of whom I loathed, started the shit doesn't mean that Hillary et al, didn't continue it.

by Anonymousreply 137June 13, 2018 1:43 AM

I'm assuming that none of these people are squatting in Nancy Pelosi's neighborhood?

by Anonymousreply 138June 13, 2018 1:45 AM

Condoms, condoms and more condoms. Enough with the raw fucking.

by Anonymousreply 139June 13, 2018 1:47 AM

r136, your rant reads almost like a parody of a narrow minded, uneducated, ignorant bigot.

The sad thing is I know it's not.

Ignored.

by Anonymousreply 140June 13, 2018 1:51 AM

Only Jews, whites and east asians have high enough IQs to practice birth control. Brown people with their 85 IQs can't help themselves. This problem is not going away and will continue to get worse and worse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141June 13, 2018 1:54 AM

[quote]Some of the insensitive replies here are clearly from trolls and deplorables and others are from DLers who are reading comprehension challenged and do not understand the thread topic.

And then you go on about pedophiles and "psychopathic rich people" (wasn't that an episode of Dynasty, back in the day?) which is also not the topic of this thread.

by Anonymousreply 142June 13, 2018 1:56 AM

Is any effort being made by NGOs (surely Soros groups have funds) to communicate this to potential asylum seekers while still in their home country? Surely at least some parents would re-think.

by Anonymousreply 143June 13, 2018 1:57 AM

The only way they can have a decent standard of living is parasitism off white people and they know it. They will keep coming. The only way to stop them is physical violence and abuse.

by Anonymousreply 144June 13, 2018 2:01 AM

R137, in a thread discussing trumps racist policies, you start posting about Hilary Clinton. She has ZERO to do with this.

You are both uneducated about immigration policy and a fraud. Your post is all about shifting blame.

by Anonymousreply 145June 13, 2018 2:03 AM

I fully believe the Trump administration is using this strategy to facilitate child sex trafficking. It is a dark day in America.

by Anonymousreply 146June 13, 2018 2:03 AM

I think DL pedos want these children

by Anonymousreply 147June 13, 2018 2:05 AM

I would like to know what percentage of these potential "tent city children" were actually ripped from their parents' arms vs those who were SENT HERE by their parents/families back home or came here completely on their own.

by Anonymousreply 148June 13, 2018 2:11 AM

Nobody wants those feral dark ugly children not even pedos. The pedos only want attractive white and asian kids. Brown children sexually mature at a very young age. Many Mexican and black women are grandmothers at age 30.

I bet those kids in those detention centers are fucking each other like crazy. Probably dozens of pregnant 11-13 yo feral latina girls in those holding places. Brown children are already horny and sexual at about 7-8 years old. By age 12-13 most of them are fucking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149June 13, 2018 2:20 AM

Everybody sane on this thread. Please vote and encourage your friends to confirm their voter status and re-register if necessary. This shit is not a game and full participation in democracy is required. This is the end result of letting sick, demented, immoral, racist ,disgusting pigs run the government.

This is about child trafficking. Look at Jerry Sandusky, he had a charity for at risk children that was actually a place to house kids to be trafficked. It's totally systemic and practically out in the open.

by Anonymousreply 150June 13, 2018 2:21 AM

[quote] Also to flock to this thread will be all of the far left liberals to scream about how terrible and unethical this is, all the while defending the throngs of tent cities in California with crazies, criminals, and drug addicts living in them.

[quote] Did we get rid of the anchor baby policy yet?

[quote] Fuck off all of you pretending to give a shit about "the CHILLLLLLDRENNNNNN!!!!!" Far worse has been posted in regards to abused children, murdered children, etc. and you're all fine with it. But Trump enters the picture either directly or peripherally and suddenly OUTRAGE!!!! What exactly should we do with all of these illegals streaming across the border? We cannot continue to allow hordes of people to come here, we have MILLIONS of illegals here already, not one more should be allowed in until we get the rest of the kerfuffle under control! Coming into a country illegally comes with GREAT RISKS, I don't want to hear that these parents had no clue what could happen once they got here. The real problem is that these people are used to decades of USA rolling out the red carpet for them. Now they are seeing that's not the case anymore.

[quote] "At some point, even the liberals are going to turn." Nah. They will up and leave the shitholes they created and will move elsewhere to start anew, until that place is then a shithole. THIS is why we have Trump in office."We, all of us, are being used by the cheap labor, open borders crowd of globalist/ 1% yet "liberals" have been brainwashed to think this is a moral issue when in fact when automation takes our jobs we will all be fighting to pick fruit." This! Just look at the leaders and the $$$$$ behind the liberal agenda and you will easily see who is behind all of this.

[quote] I would like to know what percentage of these potential "tent city children" were actually ripped from their parents' arms vs those who were SENT HERE by their parents/families back home or came here completely on their own.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151June 13, 2018 2:22 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152June 13, 2018 2:22 AM

R136 has a point, however kind of crudely he put it. It's an IQ thing. If they were smarter, they'd be able to build up their own countries.

Average IQ:

United States: 98

Mexico: 88

Honduras: 81

Nicaragua: 81

El Salvador: 80

Guatemala: 79

I mean, holy shit.

Send condoms. Millions of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153June 13, 2018 2:23 AM

R149, OMG you can't say stuff like that. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 154June 13, 2018 2:24 AM

"I bet those kids in those detention centers are fucking each other like crazy."

This is a very valid concern.

by Anonymousreply 155June 13, 2018 2:27 AM

There's a charity that pays for tube-tying in Latin America. More condoms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156June 13, 2018 2:30 AM

Thanks, Catholic Church.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157June 13, 2018 2:31 AM

[quote]has a point, however kind of crudely he put it. It's an IQ thing. If they were smarter, they'd be able to build up their own countries.

You really are a fucking moron, aren't you? For believing such obviously stupid and bigoted crap?

by Anonymousreply 158June 13, 2018 2:32 AM

Fertility rates (average number of children women have).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159June 13, 2018 2:34 AM

R159, we already know you're an ignorant bigot; you don't need to keep posting to prove it.

by Anonymousreply 160June 13, 2018 2:37 AM

[quote] [R136] has a point, however kind of crudely he put it. It's an IQ thing. If they were smarter, they'd be able to build up their own countries.

Most academics have found fault with that study's methodology and most disagree with the conclusions.

Lynn and Vanhanen base their analysis on selected IQ data from studies which covered 113 nations. For another 79 nations, they estimated the mean IQs on the basis of the arithmetic means of the measured IQs of neighboring countries. They justify this method of estimation by claiming that the correlation between the estimated national IQs they reported in IQ and the Wealth of Nations and the measured national IQs since obtained is very high (0.91).

Reception

The book received a mixed reception with most academics criticizing both the methodology and conclusions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161June 13, 2018 2:41 AM

This thread is telling some VERY uncomfortable truths. "Civilized" people really don't want to hear any of it, though.

by Anonymousreply 162June 13, 2018 2:41 AM

It's also telling some VERY bigoted and racist drivel. "Civilized" people know better.

by Anonymousreply 163June 13, 2018 2:42 AM

R146 R150 Bingo! Nail on the head.

by Anonymousreply 164June 13, 2018 2:42 AM

I dont know this country anymore.Deep down I always just knew most americans were decent,caring people. I dont think that any longer.

by Anonymousreply 165June 13, 2018 3:07 AM

FFS r165 we're being inundated with hordes of people like we've never been before! We can't take all of these people! We no longer have the manufacturing base that supported people like this.

FYI in the Ellis Island era, immigration wasn't a free-for-all, as many Americans mistakenly believe. It was a process, and many people were turned away.

by Anonymousreply 166June 13, 2018 3:10 AM

Perhaps you're all getting mad at the wrong people. For example, we give BILLIONS every year to Israel. No tent cities there! Imagine what that money could do here for all of these tent city children you all are crying about. Try channeling your outrage in the right direction for a change.

by Anonymousreply 167June 13, 2018 3:12 AM

Israel has more control on us. I was married to a Jew so not much antisemitism here. If the entire state of Israel moved here, nobody would complain.

by Anonymousreply 168June 13, 2018 3:49 AM

FWIW, I’m a Trump supporter, NOT a nazi, I put 2 disgusting Jew haters on F/F & Ignore - one was R136 ,

I am willing to talk to people. Yes I’m against all this illegal immigration, even the kids thing. But the nazi Jew Hating guy needs to leave DL. And I mean, Muriel needs to ban him. We can have this conversation without racial hatred between each other. We can discuss this like reasonable adults. I abhor racism.

TY.

by Anonymousreply 169June 13, 2018 3:54 AM

[quote] we're being inundated with hordes of people like we've never been before

If you can't make your argument without lying, don't make it.

by Anonymousreply 170June 13, 2018 3:55 AM

Pizzagate was always the projection of the sick pedos true intent, and the Deplorables are too dumb to ever understand they were fooled and will proudly stand by while actual children get trafficked, because Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 171June 13, 2018 3:57 AM

[quote]California is now majority Latino due to immigration and birth rates. As I have also said, the difference between Latin American immigrants and immigrants from the rest of the world (beyond illegals being unvetted) is that their home countries are right next door, and they have arrived in such massive numbers that they have changed the culture, including the language. There is not one day that I don't hear Spanish multiple times. I often find it easier to speak Spanish than English.

California has always had a substantial, bordering into majority, Latin American population. The only time the Hispanic population took a dive in California (and the Southwest) was in the 1930s when Hoover ordered Mexicans-Americans and Basque to be purged out of the country and dumped into Mexico. But that trend reversed in the 1980s and things went back to normal. Hispanics were always projected to become majority in California, and now they are.

As for hearing Spanish on the streets, California has always been a bilingual state. Spanish was spoken here before English and Spanish has been spoken since California became California. Your biggest trade partner is Mexico not another state. Your biggest tourism comes from Mexico. Every day thousands of Mexican citizens cross the border legally as visitors. They spend their money hear to go to the beach, head to Disneyland, hit the stores, pass the weekend in San Francisco, and then they head back home to Mexico to go back to work. The culture has been that way for 170 years now.

You must be from the East coast where people are pretty ignorant about the culture and history of the Western States. I asure you, California has never been, and never was, pristine "white."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172June 13, 2018 3:58 AM

r170 keep fucking that chicken!

by Anonymousreply 173June 13, 2018 4:01 AM

here*

by Anonymousreply 174June 13, 2018 4:05 AM

it was 104 today in Fort Bliss (El Paso)

Tents??

Fuck those assholes who don't give a damn about those kids.

by Anonymousreply 175June 13, 2018 4:13 AM

Honey R169 maybe DL just isn't the place for you. EVERYONE gets criticized here, yes even Jews lol. You need to lighten up.

by Anonymousreply 176June 13, 2018 4:21 AM

They're those FEMA tents with a/c. They're not like the tents you buy from a camping store.

by Anonymousreply 177June 13, 2018 4:29 AM

Fake news, R172. Alta California was a SPANISH (not Mexican) outpost that was unsuccessful for a long time because it was isolated from the rest of the continent by mountains and desert, and there was no Panama Canal. Spain offered free land to people in future Mexico to move to California, but they did not do so. For a couple hundred years, Spaniards never inhabited California save for a few coastal cities, and then, only in small numbers, several thousand total.

Briefly, California belonged to the new nation of Mexico for about 30 years, until the US took it as part of war treaty spoils in 1848, much as Mexico won Mexico from Spain in a war just a few years before in 1821. After this treaty, whites began settling throughout the state. It helped that the US built an east-west railroad to facilitate the movement of people and goods.

A large portion of that railroad land was purchased from Mexico as part of the Gadsden purchase, because Mexico had 1. no money to settle or develop the area and 2. Mexico could not defend itself against the Native Americans who lived in the area and were attacking new settlers whether Mexican or US. Resident Mexicans in the region were permitted to remain and to keep their land, a generous concession from the US. Mexico was not granted free eternal migration to the US as many Aztlanistas claim.

Mexico did not achieve an ethnic majority in California until 2000, according to Census records. Even now they are at virtual parity with whites, with Mexicans having perhaps a percentage or 2 above whites, who are at 38% of the population.

So your argument that there is an inevitability of Mexican settlement of California - or the Southwest generally - is false, because they weren't here in large numbers before they lost the territory to the US. And it took Mexicans about 180 years to achieve population parity with whites in California. There are about 3 million visitors from Mexico to California per year, but stats don't show how many of them are traditional tourists, and how many are visiting family, for work, etc. The amount of trade CA has with Mexico is irrelevant to the immigration issue. California also does large amounts of trade with Canada and Asian countries, but does not permit open immigration from those countries.

Thought I'd clear this up. The facts I mentioned here are available to anybody online who bothers to look them up. I live in the Southwest.

by Anonymousreply 178June 13, 2018 5:26 AM

If California were still part of Mexico... dear god. A $2.7 trillion economy would instead be ... like Jalisco or Michoacan.

by Anonymousreply 179June 13, 2018 5:30 AM

Blatant racism

by Anonymousreply 180June 13, 2018 6:50 AM

It's almost hilarious watching dust bowl okies claim Mexicans don't belong in California, like that line in the sand has been there forever, even before the white Spanish people. Too funny.

by Anonymousreply 181June 13, 2018 6:57 AM

[quote]Thought I'd clear this up. The facts I mentioned here are available to anybody online who bothers to look them up. I live in the Southwest.

Strange you couldn't dispel my facts R178. In fact, you begrudgingly agree with my post right after boasting that my post was fake news and then insert your own alternative facts. Sorry hon, it doesn't work that way. California has always had a large Mexican population, California has always been bilingual, Spanish was always spoken in here, Hispanics were projected to be the majority and now they are, California and Mexico are primary trade partners, and Mexicans are the biggest part of the tourism in California. And here is another one, Mexicans are the biggest ethnic group in California accounting for 25% of the population. The closest group is German-Americans at 14%. Ouch!

Sorry hon, the West is not like the East.

by Anonymousreply 182June 13, 2018 7:25 AM

I think R178 was shocked to realize how California and Mexico are historically intertwined and just couldn't handle it. lol Sorry cakes, the Southwest is historically, culturally, and economically tied to Mexico. *gasp* What if you have some Mexican in your DNA ???? : O

by Anonymousreply 183June 13, 2018 7:47 AM

Spanish was always spoken by some in California, the descendants of several thousand white Hispanic settler families (Californios) Mexico left in California after it claimed California from the Spanish, but Mexico hasn't "owned" California since 1848 and only "owned" it for 27 years.

But to R182 and his fellow idiot, R183, 27 years 170 years ago means that modern-day Mexicans, who have little to no genetic ties to the Mexicans who remained in California after the US took over (who were white) should be able to lay claim to California.

Hmmmm, so by these two buffoons illogic, I should be able to lay claim to, well, about five countries, based on the fact that my ancestors lived in them in 1848, or something. And those countries should be allowed to invade the US based on my and my family living here, or maybe my family and I should be allowed to invade those countries? Come on R182, R183, you're so good at logical fallacies, untangle this one.

Yeah, you know, twenty years ago the Hard Left fetishized Blacks and Gays, now it's Browns and Trannies, Blacks and Gays have been left in the dust. A recent study on Black employment in LA County reported a dire situation. Supplanted by the Latinos, but no one cares. Blacks, slavery, Tuskagee airmen - no one gives a shit, it's all DACA, illegal immigrants, and the latest usage of the word "racist" to stop any questioning of the globalist narrative, with Hard Leftys being the Useful Idiots yet again.

by Anonymousreply 184June 13, 2018 8:02 AM

The simple fact is that the US is running out of salt. These children are being taken to work in the salt mines, turning grindstones all day - their hands are the perfect size for the complicated controls. Once they are of age, they will be released into a lovely pasture where they can graze and will definitely not be turned into a protein source and used to create Carnation Instant Breakfast bars.

by Anonymousreply 185June 13, 2018 8:21 AM

R184 is too idiotic for words. But let me shut you right up, Mexicans came and went from California to Mexico and from Mexico to California even after California became part of the United States. Trade with Mexico is not a modern invention. It was a necessity for the Southwest because of land proximity. That the Southwest was now part of the US did not change that the Southwest and Mexico where natural trade partners. The borders as you see them today, are a recent consequence of politics, they were unguarded for most of its time. In fact, families would cross from one side to other to visit other family members, as they do now. Because as you know, most people who visit the Southwest are Mexican citizens.

by Anonymousreply 186June 13, 2018 8:26 AM

This is the most I've ever blocked morons. Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 187June 13, 2018 8:34 AM

Him, haf erection?

by Anonymousreply 188June 13, 2018 8:53 AM

JFC, pick up a newspaper FFS. THese are families, coming up from Central America, fleeing violence and when they arrive at the border to apply for asylum, they are separated from their kids. Yesterday I read that they were told the kids were taken awAy for showers and then it dawns on the parents that they arent bringing the kids back. All ages from toddlers to teenagers.

They are processed separately. Kids are herded into compounds like that windowless Walmart and then maybe sent to live with foster families.. Now they're talking about tent camps. Most of the time they lose contact with each other. If the parents are eventually denied asylum and are sent back, their kids might follow a few months later. It's inhumane.

by Anonymousreply 189June 13, 2018 10:48 AM

Wow, so those rumors about why the Walmarts were being closed down in TX were actually true? Wild.

Is the change in family processing being communicated in their home countries? If so, by who? If not, how could it even be claimed it is for deterrence?

by Anonymousreply 190June 13, 2018 11:22 AM

I might be old school but I personally like the pre-Trump era. Immigrants are what made America great. Trump didn’t make America great again. It is inhumane to treat families in this manner. Those children will be traumatized for the rest of their lives. God will America ever be the land of the free again.

by Anonymousreply 191June 13, 2018 11:47 AM

My ancestors came to Ellis Island. It is true that many were turned away and those let in had to meet stringent conditions re: health, a source of family economic support, employability, etc. It was not a state of walk on in.

The concern about the economy not having a lot of unskilled jobs and of AI increasingly taking white collar jobs is a reality based one.

by Anonymousreply 192June 13, 2018 11:55 AM

There are immigrants from around the world going though the proper channels - why should these people get to leapfrog in front of them? It seems unfair.

People in the past were turned away, even those who had a trade and family in the US.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193June 13, 2018 12:02 PM

This is not just a phenomenon on the US southern border, obviously.

What does Soros get/want for funding the NGOs supporting these global movements of vast numbers of humans?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194June 13, 2018 12:17 PM

Study re: benefits - another place the Administration is likely to exert pressure

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195June 13, 2018 12:23 PM

More details re: a potential change re: benefits at link. In summary:

The draft proposed rule also could significantly reshape future legal immigration flows by giving the administration broad discretion to deny a much larger share of applications from prospective immigrants as well as those already present who are seeking a green card. Specifically, it would become more difficult for children, the elderly, persons with lower levels of education and/or limited English proficiency, and those with incomes under 250 percent of the federal poverty level to enter and remain in the United States. As a result, the administration could significantly shift the U.S. legal immigration system away from family-based immigration without the involvement of Congress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196June 13, 2018 12:28 PM

The refrain here seems to be "Um, duh, historically Mexicans were here, they're going back and forth, culturally it's very Mexican in the West and Southwest - that's how it's been for the longest time and you just don't GET IT."

I don't think that's what's relevant these days.

No one cares about history or how things ARE. They care about how they themselves feel about what they perceive the matter to be.

You advocate truth. You advocate looking at the historical record and the current sociological landscape. You advocate human rights and a vision of fairness (human rights, and "They've been here long than we have.")

As if any of those things matter anymore. No. People are angry and insecure, and they're going to take and push others out. That's just how it is. You don't fight that with history and sociology. You can't appeal to those things. They won't listen. They see a target for their rage, and they're going to pound and pound until it's destroyed.

I'm not taking sides in this post. I'm just saying, do you have anything more compelling than compassion, truth, history, linguistics, sociology - even cheaper tomatoes and childcare. None of those are going to beat back or quell the RAGE that's behind the push back against illegal immigration/undocumented migrants, or even legal immigration for a lot of people. It's all repellant to them because they don't see how many immigrants are going to be assimilated. Or how they're not going to take American jobs, etc.

There's no argument that will appeal to these people. The WORST is "Um, they've been here longer than we have, and their language has been here longer than ours, or it's always intermingled." NO. That's repellant to them. They don't care about whether that's true or not.

by Anonymousreply 197June 13, 2018 12:32 PM

Like ethnolinguistic analysis is going to push back against Americans' fears that we have basically a chaotic Latin American version of the Congo to the south, its "barbarians" invading.

Like any Trump support gives a shit about ethnolinguistic studies and the historical record. Nope.

by Anonymousreply 198June 13, 2018 12:34 PM

If people don't care about asylum-seekers, with their sad stories - if they've seen the chaos in Mexico and Syria and still don't care - what makes you think they'll care about sociological studies of the interwoven nature of Mexican and Southwestern American culture and language?

These Fox News watchers didn't go to Yale. Sorry. They don't understand most of what you're saying. And they certainly don't care if it's true.

They want their meat and beer, their guns, football, and trucks, and they want you to shut up so they can beat on these "foreigners" whom they despise and will always despise. Because they take our jobs. Because they never learn our language. Because they're terrorists. Or rapists. Or lazy. Or have low IQs. Or have anchor babies and milk the system . Or whatever Fox News is telling them sucks about them.

They love seeing random brown kids in cages. Or tent villages sweltering in the sun. They LOVE it.

by Anonymousreply 199June 13, 2018 12:40 PM

[quote]Yesterday I read that they were told the kids were taken awAy for showers and then it dawns on the parents that they arent bringing the kids back.

Think about the last place and time people were taken away for 'showers' and never came back.

Fuck EVERYONE who supports this shit, or just shrugs because hey, you've got problems of your own, miss. You are Hitler's good Germans.

by Anonymousreply 200June 13, 2018 12:48 PM

Surely this has been mentioned, as I haven’t had an opportunity to read the entire thread.

The reason why they do not turn the families back is because the detention centers are paid a certain amount of money per head count. The facilities are for adults only, and children are not housed there for contractual/liability issues. They detain the parents for lengthy amounts of time, because the amount of money per head count comes in per week, or month, etc. So this is all being done for money.

There is nowhere to House the children. Because of this HUGE hiccup, there will certainly be plenty of opportunities for abuse, and trafficking, if a parent dies while in detention, especially.

This is a situation that should send all of us to the streets in mass protests. If anyone knows of an organization that is planning protests, please advise, because I for one, will definitely participate.

by Anonymousreply 201June 13, 2018 1:01 PM

This thread has become a bump site for Right-wing talking points. The minute you start talking about evil genius George Soros' plans for world domination, you get blocked.

by Anonymousreply 202June 13, 2018 1:02 PM

[quote]Fuck EVERYONE who supports this shit, or just shrugs because hey, you've got problems of your own, miss. You are Hitler's good Germans.

EXACTLY. And don't think you couldn't be next.

by Anonymousreply 203June 13, 2018 1:06 PM

These people are here on the sufferance of the American people.

If an American citizen is jailed, do the kids go to jail with them? No. Do those children get to stay in a five star hotel with a nanny service while their parent is in custody? No.

Why should an illegal alien be granted more rights than a citizen?

Who’s crying about the children RIPPED from their parents when the parents are arrested and jailed?

by Anonymousreply 204June 13, 2018 1:06 PM

[quote]EXACTLY. And don't think you couldn't be next.

I'm a Mexican-American (family has been here since the early 1900s) and I absolutely do fear we could be next. I don't think Trumpkins give two shits that we are their fellow American citizens - they just want all us brown people with the funny names dead and/or gone. Make America White Again...as if it ever was.

by Anonymousreply 205June 13, 2018 1:19 PM

r202, especially because bringing Soros up at all is usually just another way of saying:

Soros the JEW Soros the JEW Soros the JEW

Anti-semites aren't nearly as clever as they think they are.

by Anonymousreply 206June 13, 2018 1:21 PM

American border officials are separating migrant families

It is unprecedented in American history or international practice

MIRIAN and her 18-month-old son fled Honduras after soldiers threw tear gas into their home. They requested asylum at the American border with Mexico five weeks later. Mirian surrendered her Honduran ID card and her son’s birth certificate, which listed her as his mother, whereupon immigration officers took her son. “My son was crying as I put him in the seat,” Mirian told a court. “I did not even have the chance to comfort my son, because the officers slammed the door shut as soon as he was in his seat. I was crying too. I cry even now when I think about that moment.”

Since October, hundreds of children have been taken from their parents at the border and put in separate facilities. In March 2017, John Kelly, then secretary of homeland security, suggested his department would do that “to deter more movement along this terribly dangerous network”. The administration has since backed away from the rationale of deterrence.

But this April Jeff Sessions, the attorney-general, announced a “zero tolerance” policy towards illegal immigration, vowing to prosecute unlawful border crossings and to separate parents and children “as required by law”. Entering America illegally is a criminal misdemeanour, punishable by up to six months in jail.

America is not just imprisoning people who are in the country illegally. According to the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), they are imprisoning asylum-seekers who present themselves at the border—in violation of international law, the Homeland Security Department’s stated policies and the Fifth Amendment’s due-process guarantee. And once they release border-crossers, the government appears to make little effort to reunite them with their children. Lee Gelernt, the lead lawyer in the ACLU’s case against the Trump administration over the separations, calls it “the worst thing I’ve seen in 25-plus years of doing this work”.

Separations also happened under previous administrations, but generally they were inadvertent. Under the Obama administration, says John Sandweg, a former acting director of America’s immigration police, “the overarching goal was family unity…even if we were enforcing the law against them.” Families were detained together while the government adjudicated their status.

One near-parallel to America’s current immigration practices came in 2005, when George W. Bush’s administration ramped up criminal prosecutions for border crossing, rather than just sending people back voluntarily or removing them through the civil immigration system. As a result, federal courts along the border found their resources strained. Prosecutions for people- and drug-smuggling declined as those for petty immigration violations rose.

Amnesty International, an advocacy group, has urged America to end the practice of separating asylum-seeking families—something done by few if any other rich countries. In the Netherlands, asylum-seeking families are detained together, and the children can attend school. Even Australia, which detains asylum-seekers arriving by boat in miserable conditions in Nauru and Papua New Guinea, does not take children from their parents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207June 13, 2018 2:37 PM

Cruelty is an American value. This is not surprise. We're shit as human beings here.

by Anonymousreply 208June 13, 2018 2:38 PM

Low human capital levels plus sky-high birthrates are not conducive to stable, functional societies. Unfortunately, Western countries are going to have to learn this the hard way.

by Anonymousreply 209June 13, 2018 2:50 PM

In an effort to understand, when did more people start coming here to flee violence? For a long time I was hearing it was all about coming here to work, now the dialogue is "They are coming here seeking asylum." When did it change? Or did it change? Has there for many years been those both seeking asylum AND looking for jobs? Also, the source of the violence, am I correct in saying it's the drug cartels?

This practice of camps at the border for access to children for pedophiles is not new. This goes all the way back to the 90's, the New York Times magazine, back when it did outstanding journalism, did a story about camps along the Mexico/US border in Texas, where men would come to fuck children in "camps". It was also at that time where a lot of children where being trafficked here from Eastern Europe. It coincided with the introduction of a lot of Russian models becoming popular in the fashion industry. The children from EU were being taken to Mexico and smuggled into the US through the border. All this has been going on a long long time now.

I'm curious what has brought on the escalation in numbers of people trying to come here with their children. Has there been a surge in the drug supply so the violence increased? Is it possible that these people are not just fleeing violence but being directed here with false promises only to have their children taken away for sinister purposes? I not putting anything past the wealthy. The level of depravity the Oligarchs are showing is at a peak. Their appetite for destruction and cruelty is off the charts I wouldn't put anything past them.

by Anonymousreply 210June 13, 2018 3:24 PM

It's always been both, R210, depending on the country. And the source of violence has varied from drug cartels to terrorist insurgents to right-wing death squads, some operated by their respective governments.

The escalation isn't that high, if I'm reading the numbers right. There was a lull after Trump was elected and things are now returning to where they have been for the past dozen years or so. It's just getting a lot more attention now because of Trump and Sessions.

by Anonymousreply 211June 13, 2018 3:28 PM

Automation is going to make people like this irrelevant. It's a brewing shitstorm. And everybody's going to be affected by it.

by Anonymousreply 212June 13, 2018 3:30 PM

OK. Then let’s organize! The gay community can and should consider this being one of our causes outside of LGBT issues.

The only way do get through this is organized protests and resistance. We must do something, because we all know where this road can lead. We do have history to learn from.

by Anonymousreply 213June 13, 2018 3:32 PM

I ain't gonna play Tent City!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214June 13, 2018 3:35 PM

r213 we can send them all to your house. Thanks for helping!

by Anonymousreply 215June 13, 2018 3:51 PM

The media using children to try and get the masses to support their political agendas. Tale as old as time.

by Anonymousreply 216June 13, 2018 3:57 PM

R186, so we trade with Mexico? And, according to you, "most people who visit the Southwest are Mexicans"

So what? Because we trade with Mexico and many Mexicans visit the Southwest we need to let them in at will to stay permanently?

We trade with many countries and many people visit the United States, by your logic, they should get to stay?

And you're calling me an idiot?

by Anonymousreply 217June 13, 2018 4:19 PM

r40 = humoless semi-moronic cunt.

by Anonymousreply 218June 13, 2018 4:21 PM

"In an effort to understand, when did more people start coming here to flee violence? For a long time I was hearing it was all about coming here to work, now the dialogue is "They are coming here seeking asylum." When did it change? Or did it change?"

No, there is not a huge population suddenly coming here to seek asylum. They are told to say this by liberal lawyers and grifter, agenda-pushing organizations such as ACLU and ADL in order to circumvent our immigration laws. An adult comes to the border wanting in just to better their life? Nah, send them back. An adult shows up with a gaggle of kids crying about how they are being abused in their own country and seeking asylum "for the chilllldren!"... there are laws regarding asylum seekers that give them a better shot of at least getting their foot in the door.

Also I should mention that Mexican people are not fucking idiots. As a matter of fact, many of them are very intellectually smart and also far more street smart than most Americans. Word travels fast as to the best methods to get across the border. Most if not all of them know what risks they are facing when coming here.

I'm still waiting for statistics as to the number of and the ages of these kids that are being detained, and also how they arrived here in the US (brought with parent, sent by family, came on their own, etc).

by Anonymousreply 219June 13, 2018 4:45 PM

When all of you horrible right-wing cunts get too old to wipe your own asses good luck to you. Even in the best elder care facilities the majority of the workers are immigrants. Without them you will be rotting in pools of your own filth and it will serve you right.

by Anonymousreply 220June 13, 2018 4:48 PM

It should also be said that many of these migrants have a totally unrealistic idea about what life in the US is really like. They only know what they've seen on television. Most of them don't have Internet. They think it's the Land of Opportunity and the streets are paved with gold and all that fucking bullshit. They have no idea what America is really like.

It's like back in the old Soviet Union days when people in the communist countries in the 80s watched American tv shows like Dallas and Dynasty and thought Americans really lived like that.

by Anonymousreply 221June 13, 2018 4:57 PM

Never mind the right wing trolls and russian bots, I can’t understand how some of you make jokes about this.

Are you Americans? Our government now forces families apart, deports the parents and locks the kids up in cages, does this not bother you? We resemble a totalitarian regime far more than the idealistic democracy we were fed lies about in school. Is this the path you want your country to go down? Will you just snark and crack jokes while we descend into lunacy?

Were you never children yourselves? Do you not remember the fear of being separated from a parent or caregiver? Are you incapable of empathy?

Are you really so inhumane that all you do is laugh at this?

by Anonymousreply 222June 13, 2018 4:58 PM

R222, do you eat animal flesh? Just wondering. It's for my own education.

by Anonymousreply 223June 13, 2018 5:01 PM

R219, read up on American interventions in those regions and get back to us if you still feel it's necessary. What they're fleeing is far worse than what they're facing by coming here. No excuse for this mistreatment of children and their families and particularly when we caused the situation to begin with. Enjoy your bananas.

by Anonymousreply 224June 13, 2018 5:05 PM

[quote]when we caused the situation to begin with.

That region of the world has always been a giant fucking mess. The Spanish, for whatever reasons, could never get their shit together when it came to their colonies in the New World.

by Anonymousreply 225June 13, 2018 5:06 PM

Wow, a vegan whataboutist @R23. Oleg is taking his game up a notch.

by Anonymousreply 226June 13, 2018 5:08 PM

STFU 223, talk about a false equivalency. You know exactly what point R222 was trying to make and he did it in an excellent manner. The truth is we need to have an honest conversation in this country about our need for labor-intensive migrant workers who immigrate here. Simply put, they drive many aspects of our economy, and if Tyson chicken processing plants, Walmart processing warehouses, central landscaping companies, corporate produce farms, every other fast-food restaurant on the street, didn't higher them EAGERLY, they wouldn't be comimg. PERIOD. If you're REALLY pissed off at illegal immigration blame the juries that let these corporate entities off with a $5, 000 fine every time they're busted and allowed to go on their merry way. Other-wise deport every migrant laborer and prepare to pay for $10.00 tomatoes and avocados and see home contracting costs double. We've been skirting around the issue for years- why can't we have a guest worker program for these people, they get legitimate docs/pay taxes- everybody's happy?

by Anonymousreply 227June 13, 2018 5:19 PM

R181, appreciate the joke. Gave me a laugh.

Agriculture, building, medical, tech, research rely on immigrants to fill jobs.

"Undocumented don't do research or tech, so H1B visa holders will still come"

No, they will not and they are not.

No Chinese, Kenyan, German, Indian, Brazilian, Ukrainian is going to study or work in a country that hates.

the maga morons applauding this will wonder in a year why they don't have cool new upgrades on their computers and phones. Their Japanese, Indian, French gamer friends will have all the cool toys.

But hey, you'll have the memory of laughing at that destressed 8 month old crying in terror.

by Anonymousreply 228June 13, 2018 5:23 PM

R225, again, read up on the AMERICAN corporate involvement in these regions and get back to me, if you dare. HINT: Dole, Cargill.

by Anonymousreply 229June 13, 2018 5:23 PM

We can't have a guest worker program because it doesn't suit the power that be, who want to drive down wages in this country.

I am old enough to remember when Americans did the job that the corporatists now claim Americans don't want to do.

Americans did construction, Americans had farms, Americans mowed their own goddamn lawns and ran companies that mowed businesses lawns, Americans were butchers, but then, in a masterstroke of propaganda, the corporatists managed to convince the Hard Left that we needed to undercut the American worker by allowing in continuous waves of cheap labor.

But now there's almost full automation coming and even the stupidest among us are realizing it, but until it arrives the corporatists (who include the Democrats) still need cheap labor so need to tug on our heart strings by using children. Because while Dump might bluster and pull stunts like this to appease the true racists in his base, the GOPs position real position is Let them all in.

And R228, one of the smartest (and most decent) people I've ever met, and I've been surrounded by exceptionally smart people for most of my life, just lost his tech job to a foreign worker hired at a much lower wage. So shut up.

by Anonymousreply 230June 13, 2018 5:33 PM

r193 Seeking asylum at border checkpoints is a proper channel, how is it not sinking in that these people are not coming illegally?

They get to "leapfrog" over others because they are fleeing violence and death. Your question is like asking why police officers respond to an active shooter situation before a fender bender, or why firemen deal with a forest fire before getting a cat from a tree. Reasonable people understand that emergency life or death situations always come first.

by Anonymousreply 231June 13, 2018 5:53 PM

The media never reports on illegal immigration anymore without some emotional bent. It's completely transparent.

by Anonymousreply 232June 13, 2018 6:06 PM

R230, we have to do better. I understand your arguments and the pain you feel on behalf of your friend (I lost my job a long time ago in a similar way). We can be tough on the borders without hurting mothers and kids in the process. We can allow compassionate immigration for those fleeing violence and repression. We can even go back to allowing people from the countries we've invaded and destroyed to come here without question.

That we ended that particular program has more to do with anti-Muslim sentiments and racism. A country with religious freedom doesn't need to worry about what the refugees believe. A country without bias can accept POC regardless of where they come from.

by Anonymousreply 233June 13, 2018 6:15 PM

We have messed around in Latin America and are partially responsible for their messes, but we are directly responsible for the chaos in the Middle East, South Asia and North Africa. We are responsible for the deaths, disfigurement and displacement of millions of people in the Middle East, South Asia and North Africa. We continue to kill or support our allies, in the killing of hundreds of civilians a week.

So why aren't all of you Save the Children types advocating for us to take the millions fleeing OUR violence in those regions? I don't want children to be mistreated or lost or anything - I am fiercely antiwar- I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy.

You would do better to demand from our politicians that we stop screwing around in other countries, whether it's Latin America or elsewhere.

Instead, you're playing into the corporatist/globalist cheap labor hands by directly advocating for the importation of millions more low-skilled workers, whose skills will be obsolete in the next 20 or so years, which will mean we will have even more people fighting for scant resources in this country.

by Anonymousreply 234June 13, 2018 6:16 PM

But kids love to play in tents. This will be fun for them!

by Anonymousreply 235June 13, 2018 6:18 PM

'scant resources'

What fantasy world do you live in, R234, if you think this country has little in the way of resources? Have you been anywhere else in your life that you can honestly believe that? It's a lie.

I agree with you about stopping the screwing around in other countries, but not much else. Read my post at R233 for your answer regarding my 'save the children' crusade. I'm also for saving children, dogs, cats, their mothers, their fathers, and anyone else who is caught in the way of the war violence we seem to be so damned fond of. Perhaps you were typing your reply while I typed mine....somehow I doubt that.

by Anonymousreply 236June 13, 2018 6:28 PM

[quote]That we ended that particular program has more to do with anti-Muslim sentiments and racism. A country with religious freedom doesn't need to worry about what the refugees believe.

God, you've really swallowed the Kool-Aid. It's not WHAT they believe it's how they ACT according to those beliefs. The West has every right to be against large numbers of Muslims coming here.

by Anonymousreply 237June 13, 2018 6:35 PM

"You would do better to demand from our politicians that we stop screwing around in other countries, whether it's Latin America or elsewhere."

I agree. However, in order for this to be effective, one must recognize that it isn't the USA that is orchestrating the problems around the world. It is "Israel". And until that cancer is cut out, the problems worldwide will continue. Luckily more and more people are waking up to this and it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds. Muslims have not been scapegoated by Americans, they have been scapegoated by "Israel". Open your eyes, research beyond what the Jewish mainstream media shoves down your throat.

by Anonymousreply 238June 13, 2018 6:41 PM

Angela Merkel and the global press, who are in cahoots with the 1%, cynically used the picture of that drowned little boy to sway public opinion toward letting in refugees (a good portion of whom were economic refugees) and now Europe is fucked.

This cynical use of children by both parties is more of the same.

Water will be this century's oil, R236. But don't trust me, read.

Declining resources, overpopulation, climate change, all of the above driving mass migrations, wars over the declining resources and mass migrations.

AUTOMATION.

That's what we're facing and soon.

We need to stop messing around in other countries and put our own house in order. The Powers That Be don't give a shit about any of us.

Signed, R234

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239June 13, 2018 6:42 PM

I did not read all the responses so it may have already been addressed but why don't they make these family detention centers so families can wait together for their asylum hearing dates?

by Anonymousreply 240June 13, 2018 6:47 PM

Some people can't make the connection. Very defensive. Expand your circle lol.

by Anonymousreply 241June 13, 2018 6:50 PM

R238, I am well aware of Israel and its fan clubs' disastrous influence over US foreign policy (the war in Iraq -brought to you be Israel!) and the inroads the former has made into influencing the foreign policy of other powerful countries, especially in Europe.

That's one of the reasons I hate both parties, because the Democrats are as pro-Israel, and sometimes even more so, than the Republicans, no matter how it negatively affects their own constituents, much less innocent people around the world. American Hard Leftists hold the Democrats blameless when they either start, or continue, wars and military actions.

In my dreams, almost every Republican member of congress would die from a painful illness in the near future - a plague that only struck Congress and the White House would be good -but it's really infuriating that American "liberals" don't hold the Democrats to account for all the pain that we and our backstabbing buddy Israel has inflicted worldwide too.

To go back to Merkel and the drowned little boy, Merkel was worried about declining birth rates and an aging population, Israel wanted Syria, especially the brightest and most ambitious, depopulated ,and voila! Heartbreaking picture of drowned little kid (when thousands of kids had drowned before him but no pictures flashed globally) and Europeans are guilted into accepting millions of refugees.

by Anonymousreply 242June 13, 2018 6:53 PM

The kid had lived in Turkey his whole life, he'd never been to Syria. His father put his life in danger to get to Germany for the benefits. They were doing fine in Turkey.

by Anonymousreply 243June 13, 2018 6:54 PM

R240, see R33: the whole point of this is to hurt people.

by Anonymousreply 244June 13, 2018 6:55 PM

They're underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them.

by Anonymousreply 245June 13, 2018 6:59 PM

That proves my point, R243 - the Powers That Be don't even think enough of us plebes to provide a real Syrian drowned kid, any drowned kid would do. And many of the refugees in Europe were economic refugees, same as many, if not most, of the refugees on our southern border.

We in America NEVER see pictures of the millions of kids whose lives we have torn into shreds since September 11, 2011. It would break the hardest heart to see even one Iraqi toddler clutching the corpse of her dead parents, or a starving Yemeni baby, but the press doesn't show us those pictures until it's ready to manipulate us on behalf of the 1%

The GOP is rubbing its collective hands in glee over this, because it's going to get it's cheap labor and abysmal living standards for the masses courtesy of tender-hearted liberals.

by Anonymousreply 246June 13, 2018 7:00 PM

[quote]These criminals under Trump

How soon before this phrase is added to the pledge of allegiance?

by Anonymousreply 247June 13, 2018 10:01 PM

r246, Well said!

Nobody will ever be able to convince me that Trump doesn't support illegal immigration. He's just like the rest of the 1%, they want that cheap labor. He's just a stunt queen and he knows how to play the public.

by Anonymousreply 248June 13, 2018 10:53 PM

"That's one of the reasons I hate both parties, because the Democrats are as pro-Israel, and sometimes even more so, than the Republicans, no matter how it negatively affects their own constituents, much less innocent people around the world. American Hard Leftists hold the Democrats blameless when they either start, or continue, wars and military actions."

I agree. Both parties are equally stupid and easily manipulated. Or, actually, easily bought.

The sobering truth is that nothing will change until there is a massive revolution and all of the dirty political whores are removed from office and we start putting our own country/people first instead of fucking Israel. Cut them off and watch, within 10 years most of the problems in the middle east, in europe, in north america would start to resolve on their own.

by Anonymousreply 249June 13, 2018 11:29 PM

There is NOTHING organic about the created migrant crisis, globally.

I has been FUNDED.

A man manipulates currency. Another day, he manipulates people and language. Countries have a history of immigration LAW and POLICY, so new words are introduced, and so on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250June 15, 2018 1:58 AM

We can all see what has happened in the EU.

We can see what has happened to the rights and organizations of gays, women and children in a similar time frame. Same funder. Dude has a God complex for sure. Do gays have employment or housing protections? Whose health does NOW and PP prioritize? Autogyns. Who is LLDF and NCLR and HRC meant to benefit? Autogyns. Hmmm....

ORDO AB CHAO.

by Anonymousreply 251June 15, 2018 2:03 AM

LOL.... Man, what is it with these morons and George Soros? He only wishes he was as powerful as they claim he is.

by Anonymousreply 252June 15, 2018 2:03 AM

[quote] FFS [R165] we're being inundated with hordes of people like we've never been before! We can't take all of these people! We no longer have the manufacturing base that supported people like this.

Net Migration from Mexico Falls to Zero—and Perhaps Less

This report analyzes the magnitude and trend of migration flows between Mexico and the United States; the experiences and intentions of Mexican immigrants repatriated by U.S. immigration authorities; U.S. immigration enforcement patterns; conditions in Mexico and the U.S. that could affect immigration; and characteristics of Mexican-born immigrants in the U.S.

The report draws on numerous data sources from both Mexico and the U.S. including the Mexican decennial censuses (Censos de Población y Vivienda) of 1990, 2000 and 2010 and the Census Bureau's Current Population Survey (CPS) monthly data for 1994 to 2012.

The report finds that, after four decades that brought 12 million current immigrants—most of whom came illegally—the net migration flow from Mexico to the United States has stopped and may have reversed. The standstill appears to be the result of many factors, including the weakened U.S. job and housing construction markets, heightened border enforcement, a rise in deportations, the growing dangers associated with illegal border crossings, the long-term decline in Mexico’s birth rates and broader economic conditions in Mexico. . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253June 15, 2018 2:24 AM

[quote] FYI in the Ellis Island era, immigration wasn't a free-for-all, as many Americans mistakenly believe. It was a process, and many people were turned away.

Despite the litany of guidelines for new immigrants, the number of people denied entry at Ellis Island was quite low. Of the 12 million people who passed through its doors between 1892 and 1954, only around 2 percent were deemed unfit to become citizens of the United States.Nov 12, 2014

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254June 15, 2018 2:25 AM

George Soros is their favorite boogeyman. Not sure why he ticks them off so much, plenty of obscenely rich donors fund the GOP, but their obsession with him is a handy tell. Punch and delete these types on sight.

by Anonymousreply 255June 15, 2018 2:31 AM

R166 "FYI in the Ellis Island era, immigration wasn't a free-for-all, as many Americans mistakenly believe. It was a process, and many people were turned away."

Yes, the process was show up, don't look too sick, and tell them you have a job lined up. There's a fucking Ellis Island Museum where they document the process quite well, thanks. A very small percentage were actually turned away, and there was no restriction on trying again if you could manage/afford the trip back. In its first 20 years Ellis Island was renovated several times to make it larger because it couldn't handle the number of people it allowed through. It wasn't until the Depression when immigration was basically shut down and the entry process was moved to embassies overseas that Ellis Island stopped being a cattle call of, on average, several thousand people A DAY. Something like half of all Americans now can trace their ancestors as arriving through Ellis Island. It was not some exclusive club (as long as you were white).

Not to mention there were very few restrictions on immigration before the 20th Century (and the ones that did were racist exclusionary acts targeting first the Chinese then Japanese then non-Europeans). The Ellis Island era was a relatively short one that came after some of the biggest waves of migration. The poor, sick, broke-ass Irish came here in droves virtually unabated during the Potato Famine (the "economic migrants" of the mid-19th Century).

by Anonymousreply 256June 15, 2018 2:48 AM

How old are these kids (on average)? In the pics from the Walmart detention center the boys all look to be at least teens.

by Anonymousreply 257June 15, 2018 3:00 AM

Ellis Island and other previous large waves of immigration were not supported by WELFARE. In order to survive, immigrants had to work (and pay taxes) to support themselves - NO Government Handouts. Those were the hardworking immigrants that built this country. The latest wave has been living on Government Handouts - Welfare, free schooling, health care, ESL, etc. Clearly this type of expenditure is not sustainable en masse indefinitely. And as discussed in this thread above, even once settled should they choose to become self-sustaining (and decline their Cash For Life lottery win i.e., welfare etc., ) there are fewer and fewer decent paying manufacturing jobs which they could have trained for as in the past. Mass unchecked immigration to the USA at this point in time is simply unsustainable. Illegal immigration cannot be supported - there are plenty of people in line patiently waiting their turn.

by Anonymousreply 258June 15, 2018 4:20 AM

Illegal immigrants cannot receive government benefits such as welfare. In any event, we are discussing, not law-breakers, but asylum-seekers, who may have the legal right to be here.

by Anonymousreply 259June 15, 2018 7:59 AM

r255, he's the rights boogeyman as the Koch Brothers are to the left.

by Anonymousreply 260June 15, 2018 2:17 PM

Some of the posts here are very disturbing. How can we as gay men fighting for justice and humanitarian treatment think like this? It just shows evil is not the prerogative of the oppressors and tepublicans.

This picture in the BBC link breaks my heart. What could be going on in his little head? Is he thinking of his mommy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261June 16, 2018 3:07 AM

Anyone justifying their support of this policy for whatever reason is just an out and out sociapathic asshole, no matter what they tell themselves. They're the same person who would fight their sibling for a few hundred bucks inheritence, steal from their grandma or pick up a wallet and keep it etc. Keep telling yourselves that it's for "blah blah reason", but you know it's just because you're an evil cunt. Don't think that people you know can't see it either, because of course they do. You suck, and not in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 262June 16, 2018 3:19 AM

Somewhere, Stephen Miller is masturbating furiously.

by Anonymousreply 263June 16, 2018 3:22 AM

R258, really? Those old-timey immigrants were such honorable hard workers? Funny because that's not how your equivalent saw them during that time.

In case you can't read the caption, it says: "Paupers, Vagabonds, Murders and other of the European and Asiatic Scum Refused Admission Elsewhere, Are Readily Landed Here."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264June 16, 2018 3:33 AM

Those good hardworking Italians.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265June 16, 2018 3:33 AM

And what of the actual immigrant laborers?

"Imported, Duty Free, by Trust, Monopoly & Co. to compete with American Labor."

Sound familiar?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266June 16, 2018 3:34 AM

And of course we can't forget those hardworking Irish who built this country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267June 16, 2018 3:36 AM

I can't wait to start hearing about the physical and sexual abuse that happens...and the deaths that are never explained...and the tons of emotional trauma...

This is a human rights disaster waiting to happen! Dictator Trump!

by Anonymousreply 268June 16, 2018 4:26 AM

Life is so cheap outside of the first world. It's appalling.

by Anonymousreply 269June 16, 2018 5:55 AM

[quote]Somewhere, Stephen Miller is masturbating furiously.

There's no doubt in my mind that ALL of this recent shit is his brainchild. That is one sick motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 270June 16, 2018 10:15 AM

[quote] Life is so cheap outside of the first world. It's appalling.

Does your first world include Trumps America?

by Anonymousreply 271June 16, 2018 11:16 AM

R232, that’s my complaint, too. I swear I’m not an Aspie, but I just want the FACTS, reported objectively. I don’t want a guilt trip, I don’t want to be outraged, I just want to know the hard data so I can decide for myself how to feel.

Both the left and right do this emotional provocation. The left uses guilt, the right uses fear.

From a strictly rational and practical viewpoint, I understand that the children have to be placed in separate housing from their parents.

From a compassionate human viewpoint, I understand that authorities have badly bungled the application of the necessary segregation.

by Anonymousreply 272June 16, 2018 1:55 PM

[quote]From a strictly rational and practical viewpoint, I understand that the children have to be placed in separate housing from their parents.

There is no "rational and practical viewpoint" that mandates this. There is no good reason to place children in separate housing from their parents in these scenarios.

by Anonymousreply 273June 16, 2018 1:57 PM

Unfortunately, the best way to handle the influx is to be as efficient and practical as possible. Invoking the Nazis here, and some people are going to crucify me, but there needs to be real order and efficiency in record-keeping. The families need to have ID numbers and wristbands or something so they know which child belongs to which adult. They do this at amusement parks and hospitals, ffs.

Sorry about the tents, but it’s better than what they’re fleeing.

by Anonymousreply 274June 16, 2018 2:01 PM

R273, you’re right.

I am thinking of the adults as “criminals” (as in people who are breaking a law, not as malicious evildoers) who need to be detained. We don’t allow prisoners to share quarters with children. It’s not safe. But then again, most of these people are not violent.

The reality is, authorities have to use some sort of model for dealing with large groups of people; like the corrections system or that of wartime internment camps. Even the most hippie-dippie festivals have separate sections for children.

They could be 100%?more compassionate, there is no question.

by Anonymousreply 275June 16, 2018 2:20 PM

Well, obviously Trump had to do something with all the tents that had been stockpiled by FEMA under the despotic Obama regime, waiting for the moment the Guv'mint was going to round up all the Sovereign Citizens, 2nd Amendment enthusiasts and Unabombers, put them in camps and take away their guns.

by Anonymousreply 276June 16, 2018 2:24 PM

Apparently in the past 90% of children separated (and there were few) was because parents had criminal records. Which followed ALL the way to our border, so you know, true criminals. Now the % has flipped and 90% of the kids separated (and there are many now) have parents who are NOT criminals.

by Anonymousreply 277June 16, 2018 2:27 PM

[quote]We don’t allow prisoners to share quarters with children.

Only after they have been tried and convicted. These people haven't made their way through the system. And there is no rational system that separates children from their parents in these scenarios.

The Trump administration has made it clear that this has nothing to do with any law or practicality or the unavailability of alternatives. It's for one purpose and one purpose only: to "send a message" to anyone applying for asylum to the United States. If you do so, your children will be taken away from you, perhaps permanently.

What's interesting about Trump is that he's a coward who doesn't want to admit that this is what he's doing and why he's doing it, so he has to clumsily pretend that it's all the Democrats' fault.

by Anonymousreply 278June 16, 2018 2:39 PM

What's interesting, and hypocritical, about this is that Trump is doing exactly what Republicans railed against Obama for doing: changing U.S. policy through executive fiat, accomplishing through his administration's choices what he could not get through legislative action. What Trump is telling the rest of the world is that the U.S. is closed.

I'm not saying that's good or bad but it seems to me that this is something that we, as a nation and through our elected representatives, should be deciding, not having that thrust on us by one person. I've never been a fan of the "unitary executive" theory.

Unfortunately, Congressional Republicans have no intention of reining in Trump, no interest in exercising their authority, so we move one step closer to an autocracy. We need at least one House of Congress to be Democratic. Even if they can't effect change, since this can be blocked in the Senate and vetoed by Trump, they can at least make these positions explicit and make the Republican Party own them.

by Anonymousreply 279June 16, 2018 3:01 PM

What’s ineteresting and hypocritical is that liberals were fine with obamu’s executive orders but now executive orders are evil

by Anonymousreply 280June 16, 2018 3:05 PM

What’s ineteresting and hypocritical is that right wingers were outraged by obamu’s executive orders but now executive orders are fine

by Anonymousreply 281June 16, 2018 3:55 PM

Oh sweetie at R280, are you lost? Bless.

by Anonymousreply 282June 16, 2018 3:56 PM

This country is turning into a festering shithole.

by Anonymousreply 283June 16, 2018 8:53 PM

Why aren't these migrants just being turned around at the border, or sent on boats back to other countries?

by Anonymousreply 284June 16, 2018 11:07 PM

In case this wasn't clear, this is the work of Stephen Miller.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285June 16, 2018 11:24 PM

Send them to Guantanamo! Like australia sends all asylum seekers to an island then ask US to accept the, let us ask austalia to accept them!

by Anonymousreply 286June 16, 2018 11:31 PM

The parents know they will be separated, yet they still choose to come here.

How can the parents be so cruel!?

by Anonymousreply 287June 17, 2018 12:01 AM

The parents certainly do NOT know whats ahead at the border. PLUS, if they ask for asylum, this separation of family is probably a crime against international conventions.

by Anonymousreply 288June 17, 2018 12:12 AM

Well then the Hague can get it sorted in due time.

by Anonymousreply 289June 17, 2018 12:22 AM

He comes here knowing we're not low-IQ deplorables, yet he still posts nonsense.

How can R287 be so stupid?

by Anonymousreply 290June 17, 2018 12:22 AM

Won't people in the future know not to come here because this will happen? News travels fast.

by Anonymousreply 291June 17, 2018 12:23 AM

These camps seem a lot safer than travelling across the desert with "coyotes". That's child abuse!

by Anonymousreply 292June 17, 2018 12:24 AM

The new right wing response of the day is to blame it on the parents. Those assholes are all over social media and comment sections pushing this angle in chorus.

by Anonymousreply 293June 17, 2018 12:24 AM

Won't kidnappers and child traffickers come here knowing the US government will help cover their crimes? Corruption travels fast.

by Anonymousreply 294June 17, 2018 12:25 AM

What is R294 blabbering about?

by Anonymousreply 295June 17, 2018 12:26 AM

What a moron you are, R295.

by Anonymousreply 296June 17, 2018 12:27 AM

How do you know they are accompanied by parents in all cases? Remember "undocumented". Could be anyone. Smugglers, coyotes. We don't know anything about these people. These kids may be safer in these camps.

Something different will come along in a few days -- another MeToo--for you to be outraged about, and you won't think about this anymore. So don't worry about it.

by Anonymousreply 297June 17, 2018 12:33 AM

Some of the Christian ministers are abhorred by this, surprisingly Franklin Graham,

Doing this is so loathsome and yet Trump has the balls to do this and blame it on the Democrats. Trump is inhuman and cruel. He is so arrogant that his base will not turn on him but those Christian pastors better start speaking out against him for this.

This reminds me when families of slaves were torn apart. This so heartless and inhuman. I'm more convinced that Trump is the devil incarnate.

by Anonymousreply 298June 17, 2018 12:47 AM

R298 is the strong silent type.

by Anonymousreply 299June 17, 2018 12:50 AM

Hmm. So this has happened before. But because under Obama, no outcry:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300June 17, 2018 1:09 AM

If it was done by Obama, would that not count AGAINST the idea that it will be a deterrent to others R300?

by Anonymousreply 301June 17, 2018 1:55 AM

Not to mention that Obama wasn't ripping families apart, so R300 is lying. Gee, what a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 302June 17, 2018 3:41 AM

Even better, it was not an official Obama administration policy, it was something started by a Border Patrol commander. The most you could say about Obama is that he didn't stop it when he found out about it.

But hey, that's [italic]exactly[/italic] like the official Trump administration's deliberate policy of taking kids away from their parents, right?

by Anonymousreply 303June 17, 2018 3:50 AM

R303 There were LOTS of things Obama didn't do.

by Anonymousreply 304June 17, 2018 3:56 AM

Yup, R304: he didn't sign legislation that would cause trillion-dollar deficits; he didn't deliberately take children away from their parents; he didn't suck up to autocrats and dictators; he didn't start ill-advised trade wars; he didn't pass tax cuts where nearly all of the money went to the 1%; he didn't try to take away health care from tens of millions of people; he didn't disrupt our alliances; he didn't suck to our enemies ... believe me, I could go on.

by Anonymousreply 305June 17, 2018 4:03 AM

And what Obama did do was fix an economy that was going into freefall, hemorrhaging three-quarters of a million jobs every month, with a $1.2 trillion deficit. His policies resulted in the second-longest economic expansion we've had since we began measuring such things. He signed a health care bill that was fully funded and that provided health insurance to tens of millions, resulting in the lowest uninsured rate since we began measuring such things. He selected competent people for his cabinet and the enacted policies that helped all of us.

But hey, I'm sure that Trump will MAGA any day now.

by Anonymousreply 306June 17, 2018 4:07 AM

Howdy boys! First tent city already up and running. Tents have air con too. Yee haw!

by Anonymousreply 307June 17, 2018 4:12 AM

R306, thank you.

R300 is either a Russian bot or Trump racist troll. Obama did not deliberately separate children from their families--they attempted to reunite parents--but Trump is deliberately doing this and bragging about it and blaming the Democrats for his bad behavior.

This POTUS is sociopathic. He is not fit for the job.

by Anonymousreply 308June 17, 2018 4:14 AM

Trump is scum. Miller is a nasty rat. Sessions is an old time southern gennelman racist bastard. What is horrifying is that many here agree with them and are not bothered by traumatized children, tent camps, or anything else. Had lunch yesterday with a friend and her sister's family. all "nice" people. Jewish, as am I. The subject came up and the sister said "Why do they have so many kids and then bring them here"? More completely inhumane comments from the rest. My friend was mortified and said to me What can I say? I reminded them that our grandparents fled Europe and many relatives died in camps. Answer: That was different, the Nazis hated Jews. These people don't belong in our country.

I keep hoping that Trump will be stopped or gotten rid of. I dont see it happening.

by Anonymousreply 309June 17, 2018 5:05 AM

Guess what. We're STILL not going to vote in midterms. We have shaved ice to share on Instagram that day. New mochi colors.

by Anonymousreply 310June 17, 2018 5:10 AM

It is scary as fuck watching what is happening in America now. I live in another country and from an outsiders perspective it honestly feels like a slow roll out to America becoming like Nazi Germany. It is terrifying watching it from the outside and seeing more and more people justifying and condoning and embracing behaviour that wouldn't have been so openly accepted a year ago. It feels like little by little America is turning into a country where in a few years time only White, straight and Christian will be the norm.

by Anonymousreply 311June 17, 2018 6:07 AM

[quote]Won't kidnappers and child traffickers come here knowing the US government will help cover their crimes? Corruption travels fast.

They're already here. What do you think happened to those 1500 kids that the government 'misplaced' and has no idea where they are now?

[quote]Won't people in the future know not to come here because this will happen? News travels fast.

It won't stop them, because what's left for many of them at home is death, or a life so degraded that it barely qualifies as living. Here, there's a chance - maybe just a slim one, but still. The will to survive is a force stronger than you can imagine.

[quote]In case this wasn't clear, this is the work of Stephen Miller.

Of course it is. His hatred of Latinos is well-known and pathological, and luckily for him, with a weak-minded and bullying idiot in office, he's found someone willing to help him channel his mental illness into actual government policy that is going to haunt this country for generations. Hell isn't hot enough for him.

by Anonymousreply 312June 17, 2018 7:03 AM

the CHILLLLLLDRENNNNNN!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 313June 17, 2018 10:45 AM

Anyone normalizing this is a full-blown Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 314June 17, 2018 10:55 AM

Unclench R311.

by Anonymousreply 315June 17, 2018 11:52 AM

Because Muslims are great for gays, women and children, R311?

by Anonymousreply 316June 17, 2018 11:57 AM

We are quickly losing our humanity

by Anonymousreply 317June 17, 2018 12:09 PM

R316, apparently Muslims are better for gays, women, and children than the Trump administration is

by Anonymousreply 318June 17, 2018 12:10 PM

R309, I always wonder why we blame the Germans for turning a blind eye to the Holocaust when we are doing the same with these kids, with Guantanamo, etc

by Anonymousreply 319June 17, 2018 12:12 PM

This isn't a Holocaust.

by Anonymousreply 320June 17, 2018 12:17 PM

Muslims don’t scare me half as much as Trump, his cohorts and their supporters.

by Anonymousreply 321June 17, 2018 12:19 PM

[quote]apparently Muslims are better for gays, women, and children than the Trump administration is ' Well, my Muslim boyfriend in the US seems to think so. He's no more into it than you queens are into being devout Catholics. Does every Catholic nail them self to a cross like Jesus did?

by Anonymousreply 322June 17, 2018 12:23 PM

There was some activity at the old Walmart, but we just assumed it was a government office. We heard about busses in the night, but never saw them ourselves. This is a quiet, close-knit community. Honestly we knew nothing.

by Anonymousreply 323June 17, 2018 12:33 PM

If there was something nefarious going on, they wouldn't have let Chris Hayes and other media enter Casa Padre.

by Anonymousreply 324June 17, 2018 12:35 PM

Can we place the kids on a ship and let it sail to spain? The kids will be right at home!

by Anonymousreply 325June 17, 2018 1:47 PM

Yeah, doesn't Spain take these people? They speak Spanish, and their poverty can be traced back to Spain's colonial abuse. Send them to Spain! There must be a foundation that can get on this. Send millions of them to the EU.

by Anonymousreply 326June 17, 2018 1:50 PM

At least they would speak the language, unlike all the migrants from African countries docking there.

Unemployment is already very high in Spain, has been for some time. A friend is married to a Spanish guy, they always planned to go back to live there but there are few jobs.

What pressure/incentive is being used to make Spanish media so thrilled?

by Anonymousreply 327June 17, 2018 1:53 PM

Europe is welcoming migrants. Why can't we?

by Anonymousreply 328June 17, 2018 1:54 PM

"We saw and knew nothing"

by Anonymousreply 329June 17, 2018 1:55 PM

Shame on you queens. Its as if you've never seen Faye Dunaway and Lee Grant in Voyage of the Damned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330June 17, 2018 1:55 PM

If I were a billionaire, I'd fund the migration of millions of Latin Americans to Spain. Brazilians to Portugal, too. They deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 331June 17, 2018 1:58 PM

Right R331. The culture is exactly the same in both places so they fit in with no problem.

by Anonymousreply 332June 17, 2018 2:00 PM

R332, pretty much. Freewheeling attitude (neither are exactly Danish or Japanese), easy sex, vulgar entertainment like bullfighting, too. And they speak the same peasant language (with different accents)!

by Anonymousreply 333June 17, 2018 2:05 PM
by Anonymousreply 334June 17, 2018 7:36 PM

Many of these kids will die, that desert is unbelievably hot, like well over 110s this time of year. I read in the Ny times or Wapo today the people in charge have a no-contact rule meaning no touching or comforting those kids. That is two lethal circumstances for human children.

The UN needs to eval those camps immediately. And where is Beto? He is From El Paso. He should be on the scene. Kids are gonna die in those tents.

by Anonymousreply 335June 17, 2018 7:58 PM

Beto lead a march today to Tornillo. Hell, even Joe Kennedy III was there.

While the Texan senator, was playing basketball, fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 336June 17, 2018 8:05 PM

[quote]Wapo today the people in charge have a no-contact rule meaning no touching or comforting those kids.

Chris Hayes said siblings were not allowed to touch or hold hands. Cruel indeed.

by Anonymousreply 337June 17, 2018 8:15 PM

R335 they be safer in air conditioned tents than that hot march across the border their parents brought them on.

by Anonymousreply 338June 17, 2018 8:17 PM

And that's supposed to be better, R338?

by Anonymousreply 339June 17, 2018 8:19 PM

Monstrous inhumanity. The US is now the evil empire

by Anonymousreply 340June 17, 2018 8:27 PM

R338, not for you to judge, bar bush.

How’s being a corpse like anyway?

by Anonymousreply 341June 17, 2018 8:27 PM

Beto was brilliant at Tornillo. CNN and MSNBC need to start covering his campaign. He's the strongest Democrat out there and it is such a pleasure listening to an intelligent, articulate politician. What a change. He's like the white Obama, a return to decency.

by Anonymousreply 342June 17, 2018 9:08 PM

Does this deserve it's own thread. Melania has put out her own statement. The Wash Post calls it brave.

The statement issued through her spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham, cautious as it is, bears careful reading:

“Mrs. Trump hates to see children separated from their families and hopes both sides of the aisle can finally come together to achieve successful immigration reform. She believes we need to be a country that follows all laws, but also a country that governs with heart.”

by Anonymousreply 343June 17, 2018 9:10 PM

Melania could limo her ass over to one of those detention centres, with a van of paps, and cradle some kids in her arms. Like Bush and the AIDS baby. Would be on newspapers around the country and all the dumb dumbs who are ignoring this would wake the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 344June 17, 2018 9:15 PM

Nothing new here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345June 18, 2018 1:24 AM

Yes, this is new, cunt-face. Many were deported, but none were deported under these conditions, fascist.

by Anonymousreply 346June 18, 2018 1:25 AM

[quote]Melania could limo her ass over to one of those detention centres

She’s a ducking mob mol, she’s too busy shipping and having her nails done

by Anonymousreply 347June 18, 2018 1:26 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348June 20, 2018 1:40 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349June 20, 2018 1:48 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350June 20, 2018 3:05 AM

Remember when the Walmarts being closed to be converted to detention centers was called a conspiracy theory?

The ones making bank are Southwest Key, there has to be quite a story there. First were the unaccompanied kids in 2016, remember them on the tops of trains? Now this. Many of the unaccompanied kids ended up getting recruited into gangs, like MS-13. Hopefully this round the kids will have better outcomes...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351June 20, 2018 3:09 AM

It looks like Trump will never let the parents and children get together and walk into the USA as they have been doing. Couldn’t he pardon the ones in jail and let them go back to their countries with their children? At least the current crisis will abate. Then he could warn all the rest that this same scenario will take place if people come here looking for asylum with their children. One thing for sure is that this is becoming very ugly and I’m afraid of violence.

by Anonymousreply 352June 20, 2018 5:37 AM

Follow the $ - some organizations have spanned 2 administrations

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353June 20, 2018 10:31 AM

On MSNBC they just announced the ICE director said some of the kids will never be reunited with their parents as the parents were deported and if they don't have the money to come back and hire a lawyer, they can't have them back. WTF? This is kidnapping.

by Anonymousreply 354June 20, 2018 5:13 PM

That just sounds so outrageous that I think these people are playing us, like Trump just did. I’m sure there will be pro bono lawyers and more protests and hopefully, the kids will be taken back and sent to their parents. This whole drama has been one big kidnapping to drive us all crazy. How could deported parents come back anyway? These bastards are manipulating us.

by Anonymousreply 355June 20, 2018 9:29 PM

Illegal migrants have been a profitable industry for years

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356June 25, 2018 12:07 AM

These kids are still being held hostage: according to several reports, parents have been told that they will be reunited with their children--but they have to agree to immediate deportation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357June 25, 2018 10:19 PM

Trump is a filthy rat bag.

by Anonymousreply 358June 25, 2018 11:00 PM

They should take the shitty illegal "deal" and self-deport and find their kids. They can probably make it to another, poorer country, that will nevertheless treat an asylum claim a bit more humanely.

by Anonymousreply 359June 25, 2018 11:37 PM

Hey, r358!!!

by Anonymousreply 360June 25, 2018 11:40 PM

R280, Trump's EOs ARE evil.

by Anonymousreply 361June 25, 2018 11:56 PM

Obamu’s EU are evil!

by Anonymousreply 362June 26, 2018 12:31 AM

Why is there a rainbow flag at R357?

by Anonymousreply 363June 26, 2018 1:12 AM

I love that argument, R361, like we're supposed to love or hate all executive orders, regardless of their content, based solely on who authored them. Really? That's what you're going with?

We really do have some of the dumbest trolls on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 364June 26, 2018 1:27 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 365June 26, 2018 1:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!