Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Favorite Vacation Destination

Since everyone is bitching in the other thread, how about your ideal places to get away.

Italy was my favorite. I only went to the island of Capri twice for a few hours, but if you have money it would be nice to get a nice hotel for 2 nights and just chill. The blue grotto isn't worth the time/money. On the back side of the island, there is a LONG path called Via Krupp, which I just Googled and apparently it is closed due to falling rocks. I scaled down the side of the rocks to swim and it was dangerous as hell so it's probably for the best that it is closed.

I love Rome and the best part is traveling 45 minutes to the beach town of Ostia in the summer where there are thousands of Italian men in Speedos and a lot go in the woods in between the beach and road looking for action.

What is your favorite place?

Give a tip to a first-time visitor.

by Anonymousreply 12August 20, 2018 5:09 AM

Who would travel all the way to Capri and not go to the Blue Grotto? That's the equivalent of going to Pisa and not going to the Leaning Tower. Geez!

by Anonymousreply 1June 3, 2018 4:20 PM

I loved Angkor Wat despite the hordes of Korean frau tourists and impoverished children begging for money. It's just a magical place, especially if you go to some of the less heavily trafficked temples.

Love Tulum and Playa del Carmen - just say no to awful Cancun though!

by Anonymousreply 2June 3, 2018 4:40 PM

Love the Greek Islands. Best to go in mid-September after the summer rush. The weather is still good and the crowds are gone.

I've always wanted to go to the Amalfi Coast. Is it worth it? It seems so expensive.

Curacao in the Southern Caribbean has some of the most beautiful, swimmable beaches. The interior of the island is ugly, though. If you're looking for a winter getaway where you just want to sunbathe and swim in warm waters, Curacao is great for that. Not a lot going on other than lazy days at the beach. Curacao has so many lovely beaches that it's hard to get to all of them.

by Anonymousreply 3June 3, 2018 6:06 PM

Santorini in the Greek Islands is the most stunning place I've ever seen. It's like a dream. Not a lot to do, but perfect for a relaxing romantic getaway for a couple days.

There's just something magical about the Greek Isles. All those white buildings against the blue Aegean Sea is breathtaking.

by Anonymousreply 4June 3, 2018 6:12 PM

How is Bora Bora? is it possible to get a cheap hotel?

by Anonymousreply 5June 30, 2018 11:25 PM

I love Greece. Sunsets over the Aegean are the most magnificent, magical and memorable. Greece stays with you long after your holiday has ended.

by Anonymousreply 6June 30, 2018 11:42 PM

Iguasu Falls, Brasil. Spectacular.

by Anonymousreply 7June 30, 2018 11:42 PM

OP - there are middle class towns in Italy that are very pleasant and relaxing. No need to knuckle through 2 nights in Capri if its not in your price bracket. Go to some place like Alassio and stay for a week and just relax and partake of a normal summer beach atmosphere.

by Anonymousreply 8June 30, 2018 11:45 PM

It snot a vacation if you are worried about time limits and costs.

by Anonymousreply 9June 30, 2018 11:46 PM

I’m pretty bland in comparison to you guys. My favorite place to vacation is Dallas, TX.

by Anonymousreply 10July 1, 2018 12:04 AM

[quote] Greece stays with you long after your holiday has ended.

So does Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 11July 1, 2018 12:46 AM

For Americans, how long do you go away on vacation each year? What is the norm? 2 weeks?

by Anonymousreply 12August 20, 2018 5:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!