Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dietland. The new series starring Julianna Margulies.

Are any of you planning on watching this insufferable cunt?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113September 24, 2018 2:08 PM

I adore her but that hair color does not suit her remotely. Also she should gain a little weight

by Anonymousreply 1May 16, 2018 4:03 AM

I'm a fan as well. OP tell us why you find her insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 2May 16, 2018 4:31 AM

OP = Michelle King

by Anonymousreply 3May 16, 2018 4:47 AM

She looks like a young Georgette Marbosher. I know I butchered her name. But if you're truly a DL'er you know who I'm talking about.

by Anonymousreply 4May 16, 2018 5:07 AM

I love her.

by Anonymousreply 5May 16, 2018 5:32 AM

Why doesn't OP tell us what he dislikes?

by Anonymousreply 6May 16, 2018 5:35 AM

None of these people have heard about her feud with Archie Panjabi. She came off as unprofessional refusing to share scenes despite being a producer.

But seems like JM is aware of her bitch persona and is sending it up in this series. It looks like she is having a great time playing a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 7May 16, 2018 5:46 AM

OP here. She's an ungrateful bitch because she lied and said Archie wasn't available to shoot the last scene with her. But everyone on set knew it was just jealousy because AP was getting more fan mail than she was. There were also rumors of a lesbian affair between them gone wrong.

The bitch thinks she's all that, but she's overdoing the botox and getting bat eyes, and I have to agree that the red hair is atrocious.

by Anonymousreply 8May 17, 2018 2:14 AM

She looks like elderly shit.

Get it together.

by Anonymousreply 9May 17, 2018 2:34 AM

Has anyone seen it?

by Anonymousreply 10June 1, 2018 4:55 PM

She look-a-like-a man, baby.

by Anonymousreply 11June 1, 2018 5:34 PM

It's on my DVR, it's summer and not much is on so will at least check out the pilot.

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2018 3:27 AM

Margulies looks like a drag queen. Awful.

by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2018 3:32 AM

Im too busy bingeing on the Danish dramedy, Rita.

Fan fucking tastic!

by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2018 3:38 AM

The first episode was all over the place.

Joy Nash is excellent, though.

by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2018 3:43 AM

is it a Netflix show?

by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2018 4:11 AM

She looks like Willem Dafoe in drag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 5, 2018 4:27 AM

Ha ha, R17. So true.

by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2018 4:34 AM

So far Margulies is very one-note in this.

Nash is terrific and outshines her.

by Anonymousreply 19June 5, 2018 5:27 AM

Hair colour needs changing. Not heard the rumour about her and Archie, hope it isn't true.

by Anonymousreply 20June 5, 2018 5:30 AM

It's true, r20.

by Anonymousreply 21June 5, 2018 5:32 AM

JM is as thin as ever, but she still looks great. The still photos aren’t a great representation of what’s on the screen. Her wardrobe is killer and the red wig looks great.

Juliana and Archie disliked EACH OTHER. Blaming Margulies alone is ridiculous. I’m not surprised by the DL bashing, though, since JM is on the “Hate Her” list.

I’m a fan, and I thought she was just right on DIETLAND. The series premiere was good, and Joy Nash is a great lead.

by Anonymousreply 22June 5, 2018 6:45 AM

Looks like an interesting cast -- at least one of them, Robin Weigert, is an out lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 23June 5, 2018 7:41 AM

When Christine Baranski slapped Juliana in The Good Wife, Christine's character what's a surrogate for so many people who really hate Juliana... And with good reason. I can't believe datalounge doesn't know this story.

by Anonymousreply 24June 5, 2018 8:45 AM

I am assuming they will do a makeover on the main character because she is dowdy

by Anonymousreply 25June 5, 2018 9:48 AM

No. There is nothing about her that seems worth my time.

by Anonymousreply 26June 5, 2018 10:18 AM

[quote] Joy Nash is excellent, though.

Agree! She's what Chrissy Metz could only hope to be.

by Anonymousreply 27June 6, 2018 1:25 PM

No, I'm not watching anything with that bitch in it but what does the title refer to?

by Anonymousreply 28June 6, 2018 1:50 PM

But they are friends in real life, r24...

by Anonymousreply 29June 6, 2018 2:18 PM

I've disliked her after hearing her on a NYC radio interview which she started by very snottily correcting the pronunciation of her last name, "Marg-YULE-eeze" (very common name in NY, typically pronounced MAR-goo-lees). The interviewer was making fun of the premise of the movie she was promoting, Snakes on a Plane, and she acted all offended, offering one or two word responses and then cut it short. The morning show host was forever making fun of the humorless Ms. Marg-YULE-eeze after that.

by Anonymousreply 30June 6, 2018 2:19 PM

r30 Thanks for that, makes me hate her even more.

by Anonymousreply 31June 6, 2018 2:23 PM

[quote]But they are friends in real life,

Sorry... there is no "real life."

by Anonymousreply 32June 6, 2018 2:25 PM

I will never forgive her for ruining The Good Wife with her unprofessional feud with Archie Panjabi after Archie got an Emmy.

And karma really is a bitch because Julianna looks like an embalmed, transgender anorexic in those publicity pics.

by Anonymousreply 33June 6, 2018 2:38 PM

R30 Is it like Marg-yoo-REET?

by Anonymousreply 34June 6, 2018 3:41 PM

Horrid legs.

by Anonymousreply 35June 6, 2018 4:10 PM

Is there any male nudity to make this worth watching?

by Anonymousreply 36June 6, 2018 4:26 PM

R34 wins.

by Anonymousreply 37June 6, 2018 4:28 PM

Watched the first two episodes last night. Here's what it is:

Down on her luck obese woman (who's actually adorable), struggles with her weight and job, giving advice in a teen girl's magazine under the name of her cruel boss.

Chubby woman has a black male friend who owns a bakery. She also bakes for him on the side.

Within the first 20 minutes, at least two attractive men show their sincere interest in her; a sexy daddy-type detective, and her work colleague at the bakery. So, there's a bit of both a suspended disbelief required as well as them fucking up the 'real life situation' they had going in the first few minutes. We now realize it will be more fantasy than anything.

There is a bizarre scene of a 'zany' fat woman coming into a Weight Watcher's meeting, sitting down to take part in the discussion, and seconds later exploding in anger about why the group leader wants her to talk about her weight issues. It was sort of out of nowhere, obviously meant to be funny, but just a strange scene, poorly written. Like they cut half of it out or something.

The true nature of the series is revealed during the first episode. A group of vigilante feminists have a secret society of hunting down men who've hurt them and brutally murdering them. In the first episode, two Marines, or Army men, are reported missing. There are then flashes of them being beaten by a group of black-clad women with witch masks, the two men placed in body bags (still alive I think) and being tossed over an overpass in front of oncoming semi trucks, where they are shown being rolled over and essentially becoming hamburger meat inside those bags.

Not gonna say it's misandrist, anti-male, hate-all-men story telling. But yep, that's pretty much what it is. It will also no doubt help enforce the nasty stereotype that all feminists are violent man-hating. mutilating monsters.

Anyway, I'm out. Not interested.

by Anonymousreply 38June 6, 2018 5:19 PM

It wasn't just the last scene, R8. She refused to have scenes with Panjabi for the last 1.5 -2 seasons that Panjabi was on The Good Wife. It was beyond ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 39June 6, 2018 5:21 PM

Just can't get into it. It's too weird, and not in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 40June 7, 2018 1:50 AM

I don't care about the 'Jennifer' nonsense. Nash is a joy to watch. They should have just focused the show on her without all these other stories.

by Anonymousreply 41June 7, 2018 3:42 AM

I agree r41

by Anonymousreply 42June 7, 2018 5:51 AM

Agreed with R41. Would love to have seen a story just focusing on her. Not really an Ugly Betty type of show, but maybe with elements of it.

The entire show feels like it's missing something. Like, you want to laugh and enjoy it, but it's just a big bland.

by Anonymousreply 43June 7, 2018 1:10 PM

"Not really an Ugly Betty type of show"

I agree. Way more of a Buffy The Vampire Slayer show. Aren't the Jennifers basically the potential slayers from the final season? They're willing to slay in the fight of good over evil and so forth.

I already had the book it's based on on my reading list and I was excited to find out Noxon was doing it even though I'd already forgotten the book was on my list. My vast, vast reading list.

by Anonymousreply 44June 9, 2018 7:21 AM

Watched one episode and all I remember about it thinking Margulies needs food.

by Anonymousreply 45June 9, 2018 10:50 AM

Have only seen 2 trailers for this series, and I cannot decide if I want to watch it. Upthreaders are correct about how Margulies looks, but what the livin' hell have they done to Tamara Tunie????? She had a plain but interesting face on "Law & Order," but what's happened since then? The makeup people seem to have troweled it on this go-round. I can't believe she thinks it's attractive.

by Anonymousreply 46June 9, 2018 11:34 AM

No. I don't get AMC.

by Anonymousreply 47June 9, 2018 11:44 AM

I caught about ten minutes of this show, only because I’d heard about it here. I caught the part where Tamara Tunie (who I normally love) and Joy Nash in her secret lab. And a vulgar pregnant woman walks in complaining about her ass stench.

I just couldn’t watch after the show went to commercial break. It was so bad.

Didn’t stick around for La MargYULEeez.

by Anonymousreply 48June 9, 2018 11:46 AM

[quote]And a vulgar pregnant woman walks in complaining about her ass stench.

See, shit like this totally makes me want to check it out, in spite of Jules. I also had no idea Marti Noxon created this so I think I'll definitely watch a couple of episodes.

by Anonymousreply 49June 9, 2018 12:14 PM

Her hair color is awful. Who wants to look like Debra Messing?

by Anonymousreply 50June 9, 2018 12:24 PM

Her actual hair colour is more awful still.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 9, 2018 12:31 PM

There's nothing wrong with her actual hair color, r51. Can you see with those eyes?

by Anonymousreply 52June 9, 2018 12:45 PM

This sounds fun, especially since Noxon is running it. I don’t hate Jules, though I did come to hate Alicia on TGW. I’d still like to see her guest star on the Good Fight. I don’t care if she was petty with Archie, unless there’s a juicy story there like Archie sleeping with her hot husband.

by Anonymousreply 53June 9, 2018 3:47 PM

r52 The hair colour is way too dark for her age, you rude twerp. Now go find some taste. And manners, while you're at it.

by Anonymousreply 54June 9, 2018 3:59 PM

She's had a lot of work done on her face. She looks like a different person then when she appeared on The Good Wife.

by Anonymousreply 55June 9, 2018 4:03 PM

"Too dark for her age," r54? You'd prefer a Granny Gray?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 9, 2018 8:09 PM

R56, you know how you see some old person with jet black hair and it looks weird? Ms. Margulies is treading dangerously close to that cognitive dissonance territory. It’s harsh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 9, 2018 8:40 PM

I think her hair looks fine. Some of you could cunt for a living.

by Anonymousreply 58June 9, 2018 8:47 PM

r57 Is that Jackie Stallone?

by Anonymousreply 59June 9, 2018 11:08 PM

"She had a plain but interesting face on "Law & Order," but what's happened since then? The makeup people seem to have troweled it on this go-round. I can't believe she thinks it's attractive."

Her character works at a fashion magazine and actually mentions how much she hates the make-up she has to wear.

So, she isn't supposed to be attractive with the war paint on, which is actually what it is since her character is at war with the magazine/society's beauty standard for women.

This is sort of like complaining about Gary Oldman's hairstyle not being attractive in Coppola's Dracula movie.

by Anonymousreply 60June 11, 2018 2:06 AM

It is all kind of joyless

by Anonymousreply 61June 11, 2018 5:41 AM

I couldn't make it to the end of the second episode. Just bizarre and tonally all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 62June 12, 2018 2:57 AM

Stop calling women cunts you faggot. You dumb ass loser mad because you can't get a husband.

by Anonymousreply 63June 12, 2018 3:06 AM

the pilot was all over the place. It's not a comedy because it's not funny. It's not a drama. It's not a workplace show. It was a big Lifetime meh, and then the "terrorist" angle was not satyrical enough to make it fun or witty. A big mess, that's all. The issues at stake deserve much better.

by Anonymousreply 64June 13, 2018 4:47 PM

I tried to watch it on demand last night. Bailed after half an hour or so. Like the FX tranny show this will sink without a trace.

by Anonymousreply 65June 13, 2018 5:13 PM

It's a creepy, SJW heavy, Ugly Betty. Very unpleasant. The lead actress is good (and pretty), tho.

by Anonymousreply 66June 13, 2018 5:20 PM

She looks like the love child between Teresa Guidice and a bottle of white out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67June 13, 2018 5:34 PM

Every episode should have a cameo by Christine Baranski who delivers a slap to Julianna.

by Anonymousreply 68June 13, 2018 6:02 PM

She’d be a good woman if there was someone to shoot her every second of her life.

by Anonymousreply 69June 13, 2018 6:09 PM

Joy Nash is great but Margulies is miscast. The plot is also a total mess. It also makes you realize how good Ugly Betty was because this show has a lot of the same elements (underdog lead, magazine setting, a mystery) but those elements all worked together on Ugly Betty whereas here the show feels like it can’t decide what it wants to be.

by Anonymousreply 70June 13, 2018 6:18 PM

So if the tiger thing was a hallucination how did she get the rug burns on her face?

by Anonymousreply 71June 13, 2018 10:12 PM

the second episode is was even messier... i know that they're trying to build a mystery but it's all just confusing: Robin Weigert is good as always (and she's basically playing the therapist again like in Big Little Lies) but the whole Jennifers/Verena/Black make Up woman/Goth Girl is not engaging because none of these characters are well built and their bond is still not clear enough. Also, in the first episode Plum snubbed the detective because she "knew" he was just a feticist. In the second episode she was glad to serve him her cake and go on a supposed coffee date.

by Anonymousreply 72June 13, 2018 10:31 PM

R72 - Agreed. As soon as "the tiger" came out, I knew the show was grossly mishandled. I could see this being a really good book (it's based on one), but there it is impossible to see where this series going, scene by scene. It reminds me of movies where the writer is also the director and thus has no perspective about pacing or how things don't make sense to the audience, etc. Boring and tedious to watch.

And yet I feel no one is allowed to criticize the show honestly because if you do, you're an anti-feminist or anti-MeToo. But it's just not a well-done show. The lead (Nash) is quite good, but it's painful to watch her have to conform her acting around what seems like the director's whims. And I am a HUGE fan of JM (cuz of Good Wife) and absolutely loved watching her be Alicia Florrick, her real-life smugness be damned. Yet on Dietland, I am embarrassed for her.

by Anonymousreply 73June 13, 2018 10:41 PM

^ but it is impossible to see where this series is going,

by Anonymousreply 74June 13, 2018 10:43 PM

I criticize this show because i'm PRO feminism! An actual good show (satyrical or not) about feminism, metoo and body politics would be awesome. But so far this is just pseudo-Diablo Cody, badly made, BS.

by Anonymousreply 75June 13, 2018 10:45 PM

Thought the pilot was meh. But then it really picked up and gets sort of weird.

by Anonymousreply 76June 13, 2018 10:47 PM

ok, i watched the 3 episodes available so far. This is the biggest mess i've ever seen. a total misfire. The one they cancel WHILE on air.

by Anonymousreply 77June 14, 2018 3:23 PM

This show sucks, however the actor playing the detective is good looking.

by Anonymousreply 78June 14, 2018 3:44 PM

I like the show. JM isn't really the lead. She's also supposed to look kind of weird. There's a joke about her looking like a wax monster. She's a peri menopausal fashion magazine editor. She's terrified of aging. She's desperate to keep up a certain ageless NY rich bitch look.

by Anonymousreply 79June 14, 2018 3:46 PM

I am watching the 1st episode which must be a pilot of sorts at 90 mins. I am eating 12 steamed jumbo shrimp and 12 chinese dumplings, with dipping sauce. I am thin. I like the fat chick. Julianna I don't know yet. She is channeling Vanessa's Wilhelmina Slater but hasn't made the character her own yet.

by Anonymousreply 80June 20, 2018 9:15 PM

Saw the first episode and was bored. I like JN a lot but JM's bony chest and arms were too distracting. That girl needs a cheeseburger, she looks awful and the red wig doesn't suit her at all.

by Anonymousreply 81June 21, 2018 3:31 AM

ratings are dropping since episode 1, of course.

by Anonymousreply 82June 21, 2018 9:05 AM

I very much enjoyed the middlebrow Episode 4 and all the throw away literary references. Also, Margo! This is a pretty loopy show. It's interesting to figure out how this will work out for the Kitty character who is getting more interesting. Did women write this show?

by Anonymousreply 83June 26, 2018 12:43 AM

She really is homely looking. Hard face with blunt facial features.

by Anonymousreply 84June 26, 2018 12:48 AM

Girls, if you shit on every new show you'll be watching Golden Girls in Shady Pines. On VHS.

by Anonymousreply 85June 26, 2018 12:51 AM

Episode 5 was dark and filled with intrigue.

by Anonymousreply 86June 28, 2018 9:24 PM

She's boring because she's American. I'll only watch shows with Brit or Aus actors playing Americans now.

by Anonymousreply 87June 28, 2018 9:31 PM

Jealousy looks so too on gay men. Right, OP?

And far more successful than you'll ever be.

by Anonymousreply 88June 28, 2018 9:36 PM

No one has ever heard of her feud with Archie. Not even Archie.

by Anonymousreply 89June 28, 2018 9:38 PM

Both Margulies and Tunie are horribly miscast. Tunie is fine as attorneys and medical examiners but absolutely lacks the comedic chops necessary for this character. And Margulies simply can’t act. She gets the words out but that’s it.

by Anonymousreply 90July 3, 2018 6:34 PM

I think the set up is interesting. The writing of dialogue needs to improve. Margulies doesn't have a good script for example.

by Anonymousreply 91July 3, 2018 10:23 PM

i'm loving it. last episode was awesome and it's getting intense.

by Anonymousreply 92July 7, 2018 10:18 PM

It reminds me of She-Devil. The book, not the awful movie.

by Anonymousreply 93July 7, 2018 10:53 PM

LOVE this show. Any news on Season 2?

by Anonymousreply 94August 26, 2018 9:48 PM

I"ve seen the first five or so; I need to get back to it. I love the writing.

by Anonymousreply 95August 26, 2018 9:50 PM

It was such a wild ride. Definitely inconsistent. But was a great sendup of the far, far left. While also making the far, far left sympathetic. Somehow. That's not easy to do.

by Anonymousreply 96August 26, 2018 10:15 PM

The ratings were so bad they were almost non-existent. I ended up hate-watching it and found no one sympathetic or likable.

The message was a mess....a combination of “I’m fat an$ I love myself this way” and “I’m going to kill you because you’re thin and look good and I know you hate fat people.”

I’m a former fat pig, and I have a lot of empathy for overweight people, but this show lost me. I grew to hate Plum and wanted her to die, along with everyone else. I stuck with it because I can’t seem to walk away from a show mid-season.

If there’s a season 2, I won’t be there.

by Anonymousreply 97August 31, 2018 5:07 AM

loved Robin as a lawyer in Sons of Anarchy.....

by Anonymousreply 98August 31, 2018 9:54 AM

"I’m a former fat pig, and I have a lot of empathy for overweight people,"

Now, I want you to repeat that sentence aloud and listen to what you just said. Do you seen the disconnect between the first part and the second part? No? Yes?

I never read this thread while the show was on because I knew the majority, or at least the loudest people, would hate it. There would be the person who claimed to be a feminist and hated it. At least he copped to being a man. I mean, I knew it was going to be a man. But I thought they would lie about that too.

Progress, I guess.

As for the person who said they thought if they criticized the show, then they would be accused of being anti-feminist: what I'm coming to learn is this argument is basically a version of "I'm not racist, but" that people feel compelled to present before they get to the racist idea they're going to spout. You were right to worry that you would be so accused. But maybe some day, you won't be. That can be interpreted more than one way.

Today, in a different thread I said how much Emmy Rossum is the real star of Shameless-- that if she leaves, I don't know who could possibly fill her shoes. And of course some lunatic was so threatened by the very idea that "a vagina" might have a future brighter than a penis's (a.k.a. William Macy) that they had to tell me how everybody just HATED Emmy Rossum. EVERYBODY WHO'S EVER BEEN IN THE SAME ROOM WITH HER. Like this was junior high and you had to tear down somebody's reputation with a lie just because I'M RIGHT AND PEOPLE WHO DISAGREE WITH ME ARE BAD, BAD HOMBRES. Or at least that a pussy needs to get grabbed right away. Post haste.

That was funny. But it was a little sad too. And a little bit more than just sad, too.

Dietland has been one of my favorite, if not the favorite show I've watched so far this year.

It's is far from perfect. It might never have another season. But that's okay. Other shows that I watch will continue.

And always, always, always there's going to be a show that's you're not going to like, and not liking it is a good enough reason not to like it. It doesn't make you bad. It doesn't mean you don't "get it." Not everybody likes everything.

But maybe you can forgive me, now and then, when I think the people who don't like this show are a bunch of misogynist assholes.

Because misogynists assholes are Dataloungers too.

God bless you. Thoughts and prayers. Rose colored glasses and candy cane rainbows. Whatever it is you want to hear.

by Anonymousreply 99August 31, 2018 10:43 AM

Loved it. Hoping for season 2.

by Anonymousreply 100August 31, 2018 10:51 AM

[R98]: Should I watch Sons of Anarchy just for Robin? Is that the show about bikers?

by Anonymousreply 101September 13, 2018 9:32 PM

I just tried watching Dietland. Three episodes in and I realized that I don't care about any character at all except maybe the coffee shop owner's.

by Anonymousreply 102September 14, 2018 3:09 AM

cancelled, of course. it was a stinking mess!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103September 20, 2018 7:31 PM

(Cackle)

by Anonymousreply 104September 20, 2018 7:43 PM

How did I miss this trainwreck? Cancelled and never even knew it was on. Maybe that has something to do with it, lol.

Julianna was cute when she was young, and then she moved into this period where she looked like the STUNNINGLY beautiful model Famke Janssen, and then she was exquisite, but she seems to have hit the wall. Now she looks like an Austin Powers punchline.

by Anonymousreply 105September 20, 2018 7:53 PM

[quote]Is that the show about bikers?

Yes Rose, it's the show about bikers.

by Anonymousreply 106September 20, 2018 7:54 PM

Good. Because it was fucking awful.

by Anonymousreply 107September 20, 2018 8:07 PM

Maybe Netflix will pick it up. I tried to watch but to be honest didn’t want to watch a series with the lead actress. She might be better in supporting.

by Anonymousreply 108September 20, 2018 8:11 PM

the lead actress was not bad, but the show was unwatchable

by Anonymousreply 109September 20, 2018 8:19 PM

Netflix won’t pick it up. Because the show was absolutely unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 110September 20, 2018 8:55 PM

r17 wow. fuck if you aren't right!

by Anonymousreply 111September 20, 2018 8:55 PM

FUCK! I loved that show.

by Anonymousreply 112September 24, 2018 1:44 PM

NYT shoutout

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113September 24, 2018 2:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!