Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Six Destructive Myths of Intergenerational Gay Relationships

[QUOTE]Everyone knows the stereotype: You see an older guy with a younger man and think “Money,” “Stability,” or “That kid found himself a good top.” While those scenarios are not uncommon, there are also many misconceptions about samesex older/younger relationships

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 19, 2019 3:54 AM

This thread will not end well....

by Anonymousreply 1May 12, 2018 3:02 PM

If those are myths what are the advantages?

by Anonymousreply 2May 12, 2018 3:06 PM

Obviously written by an old.

by Anonymousreply 3May 12, 2018 3:10 PM

What are the advantages of being in any relationship, R2?

by Anonymousreply 4May 12, 2018 3:10 PM

Our twelfth year anniversary today. 30 year age difference. “Kid” makes more money than I do, BTW.

by Anonymousreply 5May 12, 2018 3:12 PM

Must divide gays.

by Anonymousreply 6May 12, 2018 3:14 PM

"Intergenerational" is codespeak for you know what.

It's also interesting that they chose a stock photo of a father and son to use as the graphic in this article.

by Anonymousreply 7May 12, 2018 3:14 PM

No. Certainly NOT! "Intergenerational" is NOT codespeak for "you know what." Intergenerational is just what is states - a younger, legal ADULT having relations with someone a generation or two older than they. Beauty remains in the eye of the beholder, and there are young men and woman who are physically attracted to those significantly older than themselves. This is nothing new, though it seems to be turning into a "thing."

by Anonymousreply 8May 12, 2018 3:34 PM

I’ve dated guys up to 10 years older than me. In each case either I made more money or we made about the same.

I’m a bottom, so they were tops but I’ve also dated tops and bottoms of all different ages.

I just like older men generally, mainly for their emotional stability, not their money

by Anonymousreply 9May 12, 2018 3:39 PM

[Quote]No. Certainly NOT! "Intergenerational" is NOT codespeak for "you know what." Intergenerational is just what is states - a younger, legal ADULT having relations with someone a generation or two older than they. Beauty remains in the eye of the beholder, and there are young men and woman who are physically attracted to those significantly older than themselves. This is nothing new, though it seems to be turning into a "thing."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 12, 2018 3:44 PM

Meanwhile, some of us olds (a few months away from 50), prefer being with men our age, at least for a longer term relationship. I want to be with someone who shares pop culture references and has similar generational sensibility, i.e. a bitter jaded Gen-Exer.

But, many of these men are seeking out younger men because they're in denial about getting old.

by Anonymousreply 11May 12, 2018 3:44 PM

I want someone my age who can discuss Veda, Doris Day and Mamie’s bangs over a G&T at noon.

by Anonymousreply 12May 12, 2018 3:50 PM

[quote]But, many of these men are seeking out younger men because they're in denial about getting old.

I love just how “matter-of-fact” people are. I can see your foot stomping, gurl.

by Anonymousreply 13May 12, 2018 3:55 PM

I am an elder gay with a boy friend who's 17 years younger, and he is the top.

by Anonymousreply 14May 12, 2018 4:00 PM

God damn, those comments in that Queerty are so homophobic. I have no clue if those fucking people are gay, but good lord. There is a such an anger and hate towards gay people that because Chechnya exists, I don’t know who’s going to be marching me into the acid showers: gays or straights, because both hate gays.

by Anonymousreply 15May 12, 2018 4:01 PM

The comments on Queerty are really not that far off from what is said around here regularly.

by Anonymousreply 16May 12, 2018 4:09 PM

Exactly, R16. There is such a hate for gay people everywhere. The hostility, the anger...I’m building a storm shelter. I don’t want to be marched anywhere. I’m not getting on that train—fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 17May 12, 2018 4:15 PM

I'm not sure how criticizing negative behavior constitutes homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 18May 12, 2018 4:21 PM

A gay man dating someone younger or a younger gay man guy dating an older man is considered negative behavior. What’s the solution to this negative behavior?

by Anonymousreply 19May 12, 2018 4:26 PM

Date your own age?

by Anonymousreply 20May 12, 2018 4:27 PM

A gay man existing is negative behavior. Toss them all into ovens.

by Anonymousreply 21May 12, 2018 4:30 PM

Haters keep themselves warm at night with stereotypes. Take that safety blanket away from them and they freak the fuck out.

by Anonymousreply 22May 12, 2018 4:42 PM

[quote] Believe it or not, many older guys would, ideally, prefer someone in their age range, but have much better luck dating younger men.

That made me roll my eyes the most. Ideally? So the younger partner is now considered a consolation prize, because there's nothing better available (because every same age guy is chasing after their "consolation prize")?

by Anonymousreply 23May 12, 2018 4:47 PM

Queerty is such a click-baiting site with some serious trolling for attention. But they do have nice pictures though.

by Anonymousreply 24May 12, 2018 4:49 PM

No, R23, they’re not necessarily a consolation prize. Sometimes it just happens that way by chance.

by Anonymousreply 25May 12, 2018 10:46 PM

Daddy has a horse sized wallet.

by Anonymousreply 26May 12, 2018 11:01 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 19, 2019 3:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!