Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New Yorkers Are Fleeing To Ohio

Why-oh-why-oh-why-oh

Why did we ever leave Ohio?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202June 19, 2018 1:17 PM

30 Rock covered this.

by Anonymousreply 1April 26, 2018 5:28 PM

Why oh, why oh, why oh

Did we leave Ohio

Fixed that for you. Now sing it sister!

by Anonymousreply 2April 26, 2018 5:30 PM

We see lots of out-of-state plates here.

by Anonymousreply 3April 26, 2018 5:32 PM

1000 people out of a city of 8000000. Sure.

by Anonymousreply 4April 26, 2018 5:33 PM

Democrats should infest red swing states.

by Anonymousreply 5April 26, 2018 5:38 PM

Agreed, r5, and they are.

by Anonymousreply 6April 26, 2018 5:48 PM

I'd consider it . Hubby is from small town Ohio and got out as soon as he could, but Columbus is a cool town.

by Anonymousreply 7April 26, 2018 5:55 PM

This is wonderful news. I wish I could do my part. Go blue.

by Anonymousreply 8April 26, 2018 5:56 PM

Columbus is a frozen wasteland 9 months out of the year. That's why housing is so cheap. No one wants to fucking live there.

by Anonymousreply 9April 26, 2018 6:13 PM

$400k for a 1,700 sf house is not cheap enough to live there.

by Anonymousreply 10April 26, 2018 6:17 PM

Taxes.

by Anonymousreply 11April 26, 2018 6:29 PM

The article is an advertisement for the real estate industry .

by Anonymousreply 12April 26, 2018 6:35 PM

Klumbiss.

by Anonymousreply 13April 26, 2018 7:13 PM

Stay out of Ohio. Don't ruin the place. Stay where you are.

by Anonymousreply 14April 26, 2018 7:16 PM

This needs to become a thing. Celebs need to start moving there. Williamsburg people maybe?

Dwell, please cover it heavily.

by Anonymousreply 15April 26, 2018 7:17 PM

Lmao R14 I cackled.

by Anonymousreply 16April 26, 2018 7:18 PM

Columbus is a boring ass town, I escaped after I finished college.

by Anonymousreply 17April 26, 2018 7:19 PM

Not so boring now with all the hipster NYCers moving there, R17!

by Anonymousreply 18April 26, 2018 7:21 PM

Of the three bit C cities in Ohio I'd have thought Cleveland to be the best because it is coastal

by Anonymousreply 19April 26, 2018 7:35 PM

NY is so boring now. I'm looking to get out as soon as possible. It's lost so much of its character, filled with an abundance of douches whose only goal is to achieve reality show fame, obscene real estate prices, lack of energy - its becoming a wasteland for the wealthy

by Anonymousreply 20April 26, 2018 7:41 PM

Don't look now but the river's on fire!

by Anonymousreply 21April 26, 2018 7:45 PM

Oh, R21. honey, that's so 70s.

Why not also make a joke about Son of Sam for NYC?

Tried queen/

by Anonymousreply 22April 26, 2018 7:47 PM

Whatever you do, stay away from Cincinnati. That boring shithole has had a real estate boom in an area called "Over the Rhine" (a crime-laden crackville for fifty years) in the past ten years. Everything is hilariously overpriced and overhyped. Now, that ultimate pinched and unwelcoming CONSERVATIVE flyover homophobic town is being touted as "millennial heaven" and full of hip microbreweries and cool restaurants. It's all bullshit. The people are still mostly uptight Catholic pricks and prudes, prideful non-traveling douches. They never leave. They never learn. They keep the same friends from high school for the next fifty years. For all the new pretty downtown condos and bakeries and coffee shops and trendy boutique restaurants, there is no "there" there. It's empty calories. The one thing that makes or breaks a city is the people. And the people from Cincinnati and the greater Cincinnati area....suck.

by Anonymousreply 23April 26, 2018 8:26 PM

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln... how did you enjoy the show?

by Anonymousreply 24April 26, 2018 8:32 PM

Columbus is OK but it's not that fucking fantastic.

A lot of old houses there, so if you want something that's not a Victorian and not a condo you are shit out of luck.

by Anonymousreply 25April 26, 2018 8:35 PM

[quote]1000 people out of a city of 8000000. Sure.

Agreed. It amazes me sometimes how very few people are needed to engage in some activity before the news decides that EVERYONE is doing that. Contrast that with some of the prejudices we all have that usually involve MUCH more than 1000/8000000 of a population and yet we're shut down and told, not EVERYONE in that group does that.

by Anonymousreply 26April 26, 2018 8:35 PM

[quote] Don't look now but the river's on fire!

No, that's just the oil spill oozing from your snatch.

by Anonymousreply 27April 26, 2018 8:35 PM

The Asian dude's husband is HAWT.

by Anonymousreply 28April 26, 2018 8:38 PM

If a few hundred thousand democrats moved to swing states, they wouldn’t be swingin’ no more! Bless these coastal moves!!

by Anonymousreply 29April 26, 2018 8:39 PM

What is with this preposterous oft-repeated theory, like R29's, that people will actually MOVE their entire homes to accommodate an election? How dumbfuck shitheaded can you be, R29?

Are you going to give me $300,000 to buy a house in German Village? Fine. Do it. Otherwise, STFU.

by Anonymousreply 30April 26, 2018 8:42 PM

[quote]The Asian dude's husband is HAWT.

The guy on the right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 26, 2018 8:45 PM

R30 fuck off, I’m not saying they are moving for election purposes. I’m just glad to see the flow in that direction. Would you prefer we all move to CA so the next presidential loser can lose by 6 million votes? Piss off you dirtbag.

by Anonymousreply 32April 26, 2018 8:46 PM

WtF? I am in the Northeast in Philadelphia and I would never live in Ohio.

I can see why people who live in Pittsburgh might move to Ohio since they are closer to it or if they have family there.

by Anonymousreply 33April 26, 2018 8:47 PM

[quote]WtF? I am in the Northeast in Philadelphia and I would never live in Ohio

and I'd never live in Philadelphia

by Anonymousreply 34April 26, 2018 8:49 PM

I've lived in rural Ohio, Cleveland, and in Indianapolis. Water is bad, boring food, boring landscape. I'd rather live in Oakland.

by Anonymousreply 35April 26, 2018 8:51 PM

I hear Rittenhouse Square in Philly is nice.

As long as you're white.

by Anonymousreply 36April 26, 2018 8:51 PM

R34 Of course. Who would ever CHOOSE to live in Filthadelphia?

by Anonymousreply 37April 26, 2018 8:51 PM

R35 Is Indy as bad as it looks?

I sometimes see interesting/quirky things but on the few times I've been downtown it seems terribly bland.

by Anonymousreply 38April 26, 2018 8:52 PM

R34 I grew up here and have lived here most of my life or go back here to visit family when I have lived elsewhere like in different regions of the United States and other countries. I actually live outside in Upper Bucks ,but am close to the NE.

by Anonymousreply 39April 26, 2018 8:52 PM

Hate the Post, but I'm sharing this article on FB. It may inspire friends to move.

by Anonymousreply 40April 26, 2018 8:59 PM

Good, turn that damn place blue!!!

by Anonymousreply 41April 26, 2018 9:01 PM

I'm sorry - but if I lived in the USA I'd like access to a beach.

by Anonymousreply 42April 26, 2018 9:03 PM

I think all the major cities are declining. Over priced, dumbing-down, and will only become chaotic.

I keep hearing about people wanting to move to small towns and the countryside.

by Anonymousreply 43April 26, 2018 9:05 PM

R38, I lived there in the early 80's when I served on Happy Harrison (Ft. Ben Harrison) and lived off and on base. The only place to hang out was the top of the Howard Johnson Hotel in the downtown, and that shut down at midnight. Forget a gay scene, no lesbian bars that I could find. Few restaurants, no pub scene, lots of fundies. I have no idea what it's like now. I was raised to love the outdoors, but didn't find much of that, either.

by Anonymousreply 44April 26, 2018 9:07 PM

Isn't Ohio where metheads go to die ?

by Anonymousreply 45April 26, 2018 10:30 PM

R44 - you don't think it's possible the city has changed in the last thirty years? I have to admit I find it difficult to believe that all the students at OSU found themselves on the rooftop of the downtown Howard Jonson's. .

by Anonymousreply 46April 26, 2018 10:37 PM

As an immigrant I can say this - New England sucks. Bad weather, rude entitled cunts. This last winter lasted over 6 months. And if you live outside of a metropolis, you may as well be in flyover deplorable country.

I long to move to a city, any city, with a sliver of energy and life. It’s too expensive here and COLD AS FUCK.

by Anonymousreply 47April 26, 2018 10:42 PM

No offense, but having lived in Florida, I've witnessed how New Yorkers bring all their awfulness when they move someplace else. New Yorkers should stay in New York or at least New England.

by Anonymousreply 48April 26, 2018 10:46 PM

R48 yous got a problem with New Yawkers, you stupid cafone? I ought to come over there and break ya freakin arm!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 26, 2018 10:53 PM

Hamilton County resident & NY-hater Mr. Jonathan ‘Moxley’ Good explains it all:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 26, 2018 11:29 PM

[quote] I'm sorry - but if I lived in the USA I'd like access to a beach.

Beaches are overrated. And most of them are about as fun as Brighton.

by Anonymousreply 51April 26, 2018 11:51 PM

Beaches are life.

by Anonymousreply 52April 27, 2018 2:44 AM

I grew up in Columbus Ohio.

My parents are still there.

I visit them once a year or so.

After they pass, I will never go back.

Most of the people I grew up with left as well.

by Anonymousreply 53April 27, 2018 3:29 AM

R42

[quote] I'm sorry - but if I lived in the USA I'd like access to a beach.

if you look at a map of the USA, you will see The Great Lakes which serve as part of our border with Canada, our neighbor to the north.

Some people call this area "The Third Coast". Michigan, for example, (per Wikipedia)

[quote] has more miles of shoreline than does any other of the lower 48 states and more fresh water shoreline than any other state.

There a lots of lovely beaches around the Great Lakes as well as the Gulf Coast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 27, 2018 3:54 AM

R29/R32 got owned for being stupid, and get her panties in a twist.

Ohio always goes red; it's Reagan, Bush and Trumpy central and election fraud heaven for Rethugs., except for pockets in cities.

by Anonymousreply 55April 27, 2018 4:00 AM

I’d move to Texas first

by Anonymousreply 56April 27, 2018 4:05 AM

Fuck Ohio. Just move up into the Hudson Valley. If you are thinking about Columbus, you would do 10 times better in Albany, Schenectady and Troy.

by Anonymousreply 57April 27, 2018 4:17 AM

My parents live in Columbus, so I also go back once or twice a year to visit. And no matter how much the city grows or progressive they think they are its still a very boring place to go. I can last about 3 days there and then need to get out. Even with OSU being there and the 50 thousand students it doesn't really make Columbus any more interesting, because they are mostly on Campus. Also the food situation, so much fast food or franchises, seems that most of the Mom & Pop kind of restaurants are no longer.

As for Cleveland..... NO

And Cincinnati NO, NO, NO!

by Anonymousreply 58April 27, 2018 8:50 AM

When I think of Ohio I think of dump cakes.

by Anonymousreply 59April 27, 2018 9:13 AM

I live in Ohio (Cincinnati, OMG!) and I've had a pretty nice (gay) life. You can bash my state all you want (and you will). But it's my home, and I manage to get to the Ballet, Symphony and (rarely) the Opera every so often. I don't feel deprived. It just takes a bit of will to find the best features: they're not always readily apparent.

by Anonymousreply 60April 27, 2018 9:17 AM

^^^ Stockholm syndrome in action.

by Anonymousreply 61April 27, 2018 1:16 PM

R60, and flowers grew in Auschwitz, too. Anyone can rationalize and defend poor life choices. Sounds like Cincinnati is just the place for you.

by Anonymousreply 62April 27, 2018 1:22 PM

R55 has a micro penis and hasn’t been fucked since the 70s and even that was a mercy fuck behind a dumpster. It will have to be incinerated inside it’s decaying, fetid house because 600lbs of blubber will never fit through the doors.

by Anonymousreply 63April 27, 2018 1:58 PM

R33, isn’t Northeast Philadelphia filled with coloreds and punjabs?

by Anonymousreply 64April 27, 2018 2:04 PM

[Quote]Celebs need to start moving there.

Dave Chapelle knows that Ohio is where it's at.

by Anonymousreply 65April 27, 2018 2:11 PM

R55 - you mean Ohio always goes red except when the state went twice for Bill Clinton and twice for Obama? Most people who are at all familiar with United States politics know Ohio is referred to as a perennial swing state.

by Anonymousreply 66April 27, 2018 2:59 PM

"We have a ballet!"

by Anonymousreply 67April 27, 2018 6:11 PM

[quote] If you are thinking about Columbus, you would do 10 times better in Albany, Schenectady and Troy.

It may be cheap there, but upstate New York is the part of the Rust Belt that time forgot.

It's 1000 times more dire than Columbus.

by Anonymousreply 68April 27, 2018 7:07 PM

But because it's in NY state, anything's five times more expensive, right?

by Anonymousreply 69April 27, 2018 7:09 PM

R69 Some small taxes here or there, or gas prices might be.

But it's dirt cheap to live there. Because it hasn't been cleaned or had a sunny day since 1966, and it snows 100+ inches every year there.

by Anonymousreply 70April 27, 2018 7:42 PM

I spent the early years of my life in Ohio before moving to New York City. My oldest brother stayed there and raised his family here are the reasons to move to the Cleveland area.

If you want to live in a suburb. Shaker Heights, Cleveland Heights, Pepper Pike, Chagrin Falls, Beachwood. These places have huge beautiful homes at prices you can afford that do not cost you a million. If you want a more modest home and are willing to do some renovation there are a lot of homes available that were never updated because couples had kids and retired in those homes and never made any improvements. If you want to have kids, good private schools. The public schools used to be excellent, I don't know how they are now because my nieces and nephews went to private school. Cleveland Ballet for dance classes. Music school settlement for music lessons. Way back when my friends and I studied at these places.

I would never live there but a flight to NYC takes an hour and the Cleveland airport is no hassle to get in and out of. I don't know how the gay life is there, you'd have to find out for yourself. As someone else mentioned there are the Great Lakes and you are close to Toronto. Also a lot of nature trips you can take in Canada.

I also love Philly. I spent a year there once on a job I was doing but that was 20 years ago. I have no idea how it has changed since then. Now I'm in LA, have been for 30 years and I am wondering where I can go next. I won't go back to Ohio or NYC so I'm looking to see where the next gay mecca will be as well.

by Anonymousreply 71April 27, 2018 8:16 PM

Good. Go to Ohio. Texas is all filled up with yankee transplant trash. We don't need any more of them down here.

by Anonymousreply 72April 27, 2018 8:17 PM

Cleveland is the only one I would consider. A little edge, some gay scene, bathhouses, on the water, nice suburbs. Beats Kansas or Oklahoma at least.

by Anonymousreply 73April 27, 2018 8:26 PM

Too funny R59.

by Anonymousreply 74April 27, 2018 8:31 PM

Aren't there any nice micro-climates in the USA? Place with ideal weather most of the year, from cold to warm, but not Glacial to Boiling. Enough rain. Lots of suns?

by Anonymousreply 75April 27, 2018 8:41 PM

lots of hepatitis a in ohio.

by Anonymousreply 76April 27, 2018 8:43 PM

And bedbugs. Gaylore.

by Anonymousreply 77April 27, 2018 9:05 PM

Cleveland is OK. It's a bit worn around the edges but I find it very friendly. Columbus is standoffish and Pittsburgh has a bit of weird in-the-closetness about its gay scene. Cleveland is like: hey, nice to see you. Here's a drink. Make yourself at home!

[quote] I would never live there but a flight to NYC takes an hour and the Cleveland airport is no hassle to get in and out of

CLE is good for nearby locations but it sucks for anyone going west of the Mississippi. Since Continental merged a lot of direct flights are gone.

I don't live there, though if it didn't suck so bad in the winter I wouldn't mind it too terribly bad.

by Anonymousreply 78April 27, 2018 9:17 PM

Agree with R78 - good summary insight. For the year I worked in Cleveland, I always felt comfortable going to any gay bar - not pretentious, no judgment, friendly to a point. It was a nice change of pace from the NYC /big city scene. Good food, some interesting architecture, easy to get around.

by Anonymousreply 79April 27, 2018 9:23 PM

The smart people are coming to Waco!

by Anonymousreply 80April 27, 2018 9:45 PM

"isn’t Northeast Philadelphia filled with coloreds and punjabs?"

No, it's full of angry white people who hate coloreds and punjabs. In the fall of 2016, Trump signs sprouted like dandelions in Northeast Philly front lawns.

NE Philly is hell on earth. Street after street of ugly, look alike row houses, one strip mall after another, and not much else. NE Philly is the worst of the suburbs combined with the worst of the city: lots of petty crime, dirty streets (especially in shopping areas), high taxes (the city wage tax is @3.8%), crummy schools and the aforementioned nasty xenophobic, homophobic, clannish white people. Not to mention the sudden invasion of lots of really hateful Russian immigrants.

And much like their Appalachian counterparts, NE Philly Deplorables would rather bitch and complain rather than pull up stakes and move.

by Anonymousreply 81April 27, 2018 10:00 PM

Largest gay bath house in America.

It's HUGE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82April 27, 2018 10:00 PM

Philadelphia and it's suburbs, Bucks County in particular, are INFESTED with people from NYC. Every other person I talk to at my two jobs is from there

I work part time in a supermarket and if it's not a Pennsylvania EBT card being used it's a NY one and sometimes New Jersey and Delaware

by Anonymousreply 83April 27, 2018 10:06 PM

I’ve never seen such an excellent summary of NE Philly as R81 provided. Bravo.

by Anonymousreply 84April 27, 2018 10:09 PM

How is Shaker Heights? I was just perusing it on Redfin and holy shit is it cheap. Nice houses, too, that just need a little updating.

by Anonymousreply 85April 27, 2018 10:19 PM

Have lived in Columbus for 10 years and love the city. It's very relaxed and a very easy place to live. It's booming though - the city alone is up 100,000 people since 2010. It's driving up housing costs, although we own a house in a very sought after neighborhood (Clintonville) so it's been good to us. It's teetering on unaffordable at this point.

by Anonymousreply 86April 27, 2018 10:20 PM

[quote]Pittsburgh has a bit of weird in-the-closetness about its gay scene.

There's a lot that sucks about Pittsburgh, r78, but an in-the-closet gay scene is absolutely not one of them.

Out, proud Part-time Pittsburgher

by Anonymousreply 87April 27, 2018 10:28 PM

Philly people have always been assholes. Unpleasant, hateful, small minded assholes. And the city literally stinks.

Only one good thing to come out of Philly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88April 27, 2018 10:28 PM

R87 I lived there for most of my life.

Maybe the new residents are making things open up, but compared to many other cities, Pittsburgh had a far more conservative gay scene. There was a reticence in engaging at the bars back in the day. A sort of suspicion. This was late 90s/early 00s.

Pittsburgh used to have what was described to me years ago as a "garden party" circuit. There were the folks that went to the bars, often working class or poor, and then the "garden party" was sort of a secret social network with some of the more A gay types, and younger guys - Pitt/CMU students, jocks who wanted a little sugar in their bowl, and so on.

I know the city has radically changed. Lawrenceville used to be a pit from hell and now it's super trendy. Peg's is gone and I have no idea where the Eagle is or if it exists. The whole social-media-hookup thing might make clubs/bars different there now - more companionship and fun than a competitive cruising situation that often got as dramatic as the Hunger Games!

by Anonymousreply 89April 27, 2018 10:34 PM

R88 Philadelphia really is just an extension of NYC, the sixth burough as New York Times called it

by Anonymousreply 90April 27, 2018 10:35 PM

R58, there's actually a lot of good food there. Some great Italian places in and around Grandview (near north-west)... the food is the one thing I miss about Columbus.

Yeah, there are a lot of fast food and franchise places. But I never go to any of those, because there are so many GREAT alternatives.

by Anonymousreply 91April 28, 2018 12:58 AM

There are terrific local mid-priced restaurants in Columbus. The Short North has tons of good places. The Cameron Mitchell joints are quite good and not overly expensive. If all you’re finding are Olive Gardens and Cheesecake Factories, you’re not really paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 92April 28, 2018 1:06 AM

Real estate propaganda. Very few NYers are moving to Ohio.

Reminds me of how NYers and CAers are always being accused of jacking up real estate prices. "These damn Californians are moving to Missoula and pushing all the real estate prices up!"

"Damned NYers moving to (FL, Georgia, SC, NC, Virginia) and the real estate is going sky high!"

by Anonymousreply 93April 28, 2018 1:07 AM

R93 - Correct - this article is bullshit. First, they counted all people from New York...STATE, not NYC. Second, it's a whopping 1,000 people in 4 years or...drumroll....250 people a year. BFD.

Many of those already had Columbus or Ohio roots, most likely. Here's a truth: once you get into your 30's and you start thinking about life and a family, NYC is probably behind you unless you have large amounts of money. There are ALWAYS people moving away from NY in their 30's and 40's. 250 people a year isn't exactly 'crushing it', Columbus.

by Anonymousreply 94April 28, 2018 1:11 AM

I love that this thread has morphed and merged Philly and Pittsburgh with Ohio. When I was in Cleveland, the comparison to Philly occurred to me often. Dying blue collar city with history of racial tension, urban blight and beautiful older suburbs - and relatively affordable. Potential to be revitalized has been a topic for years in both - but both have ingrained issues including loss of jobs to the suburbs and the South and high tax/pension burdens that can’t be easily fixed and crummy schools that need a lot more money. But both have “character” and are interesting in a way and aren’t the soulless pseudo-cities of the New South.

(PS. Bonus points for the description of NE Philly)

by Anonymousreply 95April 28, 2018 1:21 AM

In Cleveland, check out Lakewood on the city’s west side ... easy lake access, great food scene, and variety of real estate ....

by Anonymousreply 96April 28, 2018 1:59 AM

I loved Lakewood when I was there. Could definitely see living there. At least in the summer. Nice older house near lake and gay bar - perfect.

by Anonymousreply 97April 28, 2018 2:04 AM

Lakewood = Mecca for Ohio's lesbians.

Cleveland has a vibe of big city though it's not any more. But it still feels big. The suburbs mentioned (Heights) are nice but expensive. Columbus (my home for eight years) will never outgrow its cow town feel. The gay scene in Cleveland is definitely friendlier and bluer collar than Columbus, where it seems to have imported the worst elements of Chicago's cliquey gay clubs and bars.

Cincinnati is Kentucky/Dixie adjacent. 'Nuff said.

The food scene in Cleveland is a bit worse than Columbus, but far better than Cincy.

by Anonymousreply 98April 28, 2018 2:24 AM

Newsflash, NYers are moving to Seville and Amsterdam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99April 28, 2018 2:34 AM

What is Shaker Heights like? Lots of nice looking, cheap (like sub 250k) houses there...

by Anonymousreply 100April 28, 2018 2:35 AM

Shaker Heights is the pinnacle of Cleveland in my option. Older beautiful homes. That’s where I would live if I was there. Easy drive to gay bars.

by Anonymousreply 101April 28, 2018 3:30 AM

Only $300K

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102April 28, 2018 3:36 AM

There are 13 colleges and universities in the Albany Capital District. The effect something like that has on the culture is huge. Music. Dance. Cinema. All well represented. The general area is well served by many fine art museums. The Fenimore Museum. The Hyde Collection. The Clark. MASS MoCA.

The great vantage unique to the Albany area is that it is 150 miles to Boston and 150 miles to NYC. You can drive, or take Amtrak to either city. That opens up more cultural opportunities than can be found any other place in the country. And when you're done... you're back home in just a few hours.

by Anonymousreply 103April 28, 2018 3:52 AM

I would definitely do Philly before Albany. Albany is fine and better than a lot of other places in the country. But Philly is major city close to other major cities that is relatively affordable, lots of universities and cultural activities, great buildings. Know a lot of people who move upstate from NYC- always curious why they don’t just go to Philly area.

by Anonymousreply 104April 28, 2018 3:58 AM

I agree with r101.

Shaker Heights is were I spent my early childhood( born in 1960) I moved at 14 to NYC. It was kind of idyllic. Lots of educated Black people, Jews and WASP's. Shaker Heights residents purposefully integrated their neighborhood and there was no racial tension there. As I said in my other post many households supported the arts. Morning drives would find the radio set to NPR and about half the households subscribed to the New York Times as well as one of the local papers, it had a very East Coast vibe.

I haven't visited in about 16 years so I couldn't tell you if it's still the same, but I expect it is. Getting to the West Side where the gay bars are is easy and only about a 30 minute drive if that.

by Anonymousreply 105April 28, 2018 4:32 AM

The people I have met while visiting rural OH, the northwestern part, were always down to earth and friendly. There was an old fashioned feel to the place. Very rural. It was not a boom town, sure,. I don't think I could live there, however.

Can anyone comment on Toledo?

by Anonymousreply 106April 28, 2018 5:56 AM

Toledo is dying a very slow death. Population growth in central Ohio (Columbus metro) is far outstripping Ohio as a whole. Take Columbus out, and Ohio is losing people.

by Anonymousreply 107April 28, 2018 6:00 AM

I dont care how "Trendy" the Short North of Columbus is, its still a boring cow town. High St is the main drag and even then its not all that exciting, without OSU Columbus would really be nothing. Although there are some seriously sexy guys. If im in town I go to the LA Fitness over near Goodale, mostly because it has the best looking post OSU sexy men, although there is a lot of towel dancing going on in the locker room. Come on boys, show off those mid-western cocks!

by Anonymousreply 108April 28, 2018 7:19 AM

When Lazarus closed, that was the end of Columbus.

And let's face it, Lazarus was no L.S. Ayres.

Columbus has college boys. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 109April 28, 2018 11:06 AM

[quote] I dont care how "Trendy" the Short North of Columbus is, its still a boring cow town. High St is the main drag and even then its not all that exciting, without OSU Columbus would really be nothing. Although there are some seriously sexy guys. If im in town I go to the LA Fitness over near Goodale, mostly because it has the best looking post OSU sexy men, although there is a lot of towel dancing going on in the locker room. Come on boys, show off those mid-western cocks!

R108, you're clearly a frau, not a gay man. Sorry about your daughter's cutting and bulimia. Maybe you should pay attention to her today instead of being on DL.

by Anonymousreply 110April 28, 2018 11:41 AM

Shaker Heights is the scene of the book Little Fires Everywhere. Captures that NPR progressive veneer with an undercurrent of snobbery perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 111April 28, 2018 11:50 AM

The gays love Columbus. Twenty-five years ago there were rainbow flags all over, not just in German Village or the Short North but in Clintonville and other such neighborhoods. The coffee has gotten better since then (Fox in Snow, which is mentioned in the article; I'd also mention Staufs). A lot of good restaurants. There was always a second-tier arts scene with a visitable art museum (if not on the level of Toledo or Cleveland, let along the Met), and a gay scene. Now that places like New York and San Francisco are overpriced and increasingly homogeneous, thanks to globalist wealth, the talent and taste need to decentralize and work with what they've got in local (political and economic) capitals.

by Anonymousreply 112April 28, 2018 11:54 AM

CLE and Columbus both have good restaurants, but not a whole lot, so they all get insanely crowded.

by Anonymousreply 113April 28, 2018 12:00 PM

I think it's been said before that there's no reason to be in the NYC area unless you have a reason to be there (arts, theater, finance, criminal activity, etc.). It's like a dance marathon that never ends.

Eventually you have to admit defeat and go live a real life somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 114April 28, 2018 3:11 PM

You're welcome, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115April 28, 2018 3:14 PM

Oh, bullshit, r89.  You write like someone who has never left their parent's basement.  Pittsburgh has a thriving gay scene.

by Anonymousreply 116April 28, 2018 3:31 PM

These days, one should factor in climate change, if one is going to be relocating.

Winter after winter, all the cities on the ocean have gotten pounded with severe storms and heavy snow. That is not going to be getting better. The smart bet would be that it will get worse. Flooding is a huge issue, as is mandatory flood insurance (a huuuuuge expense) in a post-Hurricane Sandy world.

That makes Philadelphia less than an ideal pick. Otherwise, it certainly would be. It's a great city.

by Anonymousreply 117April 28, 2018 3:39 PM

R110, you seem stupid. Calling someone a frau just makes you seem like you're one.

by Anonymousreply 118April 28, 2018 4:21 PM

Consider this 117 recently it was published that the middle states are getting drier. States like Nebraska, Oklahoma will have to consider changing the crops they grow and rethink how they water their fields. There is also the chance those pipelines could break enough to contaminate the ground water some in those regions need for their crops making water an even greater concern. The West isn't getting a lot of water but we are getting a shit load of people. So anyone that moves from the middle states that goes West needs to realize rationing may be a reality in the not distant future. Also power is a concern and for the last few summers there have been black outs all over the state at least once during the hot months. Last summer I experienced about 3 maybe 4? in August. That's a lot of food I lost in my fridge. And the people keep coming.

Winters are a drag, it makes life harder but I'd rather know I'm going to have water since there is no substitute for it. Power is nice as well.

Time for people to grow up. Move if it makes sense for you, not because you are tired of winter. And not because you think it would be fun to be able to post pictures of yourself on social media bbqing at Christmas time while your friends in New York are freezing. People need to grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 119April 28, 2018 4:33 PM

Ohioans and their neighbors make fun of Californians living in earthquake zones while their own land is exploding from frakking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120April 28, 2018 4:39 PM

Oh, may the fracking shake everything in Ohio to the ground.

Indiana, too. While it's shaking, make the most of it.

by Anonymousreply 121April 28, 2018 4:45 PM

Yeah 120 we can go back and forth all day, whatever.

Let's face it though, shit is falling apart all over this country. But no matter where you live you have to have water.

Life doesn't happen without it.

by Anonymousreply 122April 28, 2018 4:54 PM

R117 - agree on climate change and caution on not living near an ocean - or a floodplain. Philadelphia is not on the water FYI. There’s a river but there haven’t been any issues with flooding. In fact, Philadelphia has been rated one of the safest places from natural disasters - not on ocean, no earthquakes, not in torandao alley. Now human disasters are another story - poverty and crime are an issue (though only in certain areas).

by Anonymousreply 123April 28, 2018 9:00 PM

Other than Manhattan and a small section of Brooklyn there's nowhere else worth living in NYC's boroughs. And unless you're making some serious money that would enable you to live like a human being and not like a rat in a cage what's the use. People are sick and tired of being sick and tired in that town. I've spent a lot of time in NYC, and I have met few native New Yorkers who didn't yearn to be able to get out of there one day.

by Anonymousreply 124April 28, 2018 9:19 PM

As a NY-er, I agree R124. After 30 years, I’ve lost my delis, diners and bars that made NYC life so attractive. I’m ready to head out - but realistically not Ohio. Honestly Texas - Houston, Austin - may be an option. Or Tampa FL.

by Anonymousreply 125April 28, 2018 9:25 PM

The transplants to NYC are the ones who are gung ho about the city. And that's because they think "I live in New York City - I've made it!". Most of the transplants are hot for NYC until their fortunes begin to dwindle. most of them are living right on the edge of financial stability even though they're making good money. They're one missed paycheck or one emergency away from disaster. It's all fine when they're young and dumb, but after years of struggling they begin to wake up and figure out that "it ain't gonna get any better". That's when many of them realize it's time to go somewhere else, even though they won't have the panache that being able to say "I live in New York City" gives their egos any longer. The finally figure out being able to pay the rent and have money left over to do fun things with is far better than bragging about living in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 126April 28, 2018 9:35 PM

R126 is exactly correct. It's why I left. My rent on the UWS was $1800.00 for a one-room studio and a window (ONE window in the whole place, mind you) with bars over it. And this was six years ago. Sure, I ran into famous people on the street sometimes and I had access to Broadway and museums and "the world at my feet" 24/7. But when you get older, "treading water" just to be able to use a NYC address loses its luster. Better to live somewhere else and VISIT the city. Same benefits! When you live there, it's like living anywhere else. There are nights (many, actually) when you don't go out at all. And I can NOT go out in any city.

by Anonymousreply 127April 28, 2018 10:30 PM

Very surprised that Ohio's most famous city to the ouside world didnt get a mention so far.

Dayton

by Anonymousreply 128April 28, 2018 11:07 PM

R126 and r127, my story exactly. Same neighborhood even (the UWS). Moving away was a huge blow to my ego more than anything.

What I do miss is being able to walk anywhere. Having to get in the car every time I want to run an errand depresses me.

by Anonymousreply 129April 28, 2018 11:10 PM

I left NYC for Chicago, just needed more space and to be able to start saving money. Now when I go back to Manhattan I no longer even miss it. Chicago is just a nicer place to be, plus I live by the lake and can ride my bike or drive around if I want to.

by Anonymousreply 130April 28, 2018 11:16 PM

R116 Oh, I'm so wounded!

Words from someone who is probably at Club Pittsburgh so much your mail gets forwarded there.

by Anonymousreply 131April 28, 2018 11:28 PM

I have no idea if you're wounded, r131, nor do I care. But I can say that you're an asshole who doesn't know the gay scene in Pittsburgh.

by Anonymousreply 132April 28, 2018 11:43 PM

R120, The fracking issue in Ohio is essentially in Southeastern Ohio, which has a lot of coal and gas mining. Most of the state doesn't have those resources, so no fracking. I've spent some time in Southeastern (Appalachian) Ohio, and it's sort of a haunted landscape, with ghost towns where there used to be coal mines, which have since been exhausted.

R128, I didn't know that Dayton was Ohio's most famous city to the outside world. Is that because of the Wright Brothers? Seriously, I'm interested to know. I just know that the Dayton area seems to be a breeding ground for gay porn performers. I have several co-workers who live in Dayton, and there's really something 'off' about all of them.

by Anonymousreply 133April 28, 2018 11:43 PM

R132 I was in it for many years. You do not know what you are talking about. Please let the adults speak.

by Anonymousreply 134April 28, 2018 11:50 PM

[quote] Please let the adults speak.

Ah, okay, you mean let the elder gay spew on about ancient history.

You say you WERE in it many years ago.  It must have been 100 years ago because it sure as shit hasn't been "weird" and "closeted" for a long, long time.

by Anonymousreply 135April 29, 2018 12:00 AM

More people move from the NYC/North Jersey Metropolitan area to the Philadelphia/South Jersey Metropolitan area than ANY other place in the world, EVERY YEAR

Thousands and thousands of people

Because NYC and North Jersey are just too damn expensive!

by Anonymousreply 136April 29, 2018 9:00 AM

According to a 2015 Census survey , 27,000 New Yorkers move to Philadelphia EVERY YEAR

by Anonymousreply 137April 29, 2018 11:31 AM

The poster above describing Northeast Philadelphia is spot on, it isn’t as lily white has stated, but the existing caucasians are quite a bunch.

by Anonymousreply 138April 29, 2018 1:21 PM

R133. Not R128 here, but Dayton is internationally known for the Dayton Accords, in which the 42 months of war in the former Yugoslavia were negotiated to an end.

by Anonymousreply 139April 29, 2018 5:27 PM

That's a draw, R139. I can hear the real estate values soaring.

by Anonymousreply 140April 30, 2018 2:23 PM

This is wonderful. Keep it going, NYers. Turn them blue.

by Anonymousreply 141April 30, 2018 2:39 PM

While I thought Tim Russert was OK, I detested his use of the "Red" / "Blue" narrative which continues today..

Helps to continue to foster the seemingly perpetual antagonistic approach to politics.

Bad idea, Tim. You could have doe better.

by Anonymousreply 142April 30, 2018 2:53 PM

^^ should have been "done".

by Anonymousreply 143April 30, 2018 2:54 PM

Is it easy to demolish old homes or do they have lots of BS historical restrictions? I want a contemporary Dwell home.

by Anonymousreply 144April 30, 2018 2:55 PM

R144 That's been something I've noticed about Columbus, Cleveland and Pittsburgh - very little of that kind of home.

Pittsburgh has a few new builds in Polish Hill & Lawrenceville and Cleveland does too, but Columbus is all old Victorians.

by Anonymousreply 145April 30, 2018 2:58 PM

Nice bathhouse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146April 30, 2018 3:07 PM

A branch of Flex is there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147April 30, 2018 3:08 PM

I have lived in LA, Seattle, San Diego, Washington DC, Boston, Daytona Beach, Cleveland and Columbus. Every place has good qualities and lousy qualities. I also have spent a lot of time in NYC which I hate for the dirt, traffic and the religion of peace shit. Seattle is cool, but you are so far from the rest of the country. San Diego is boring. Boston has dreadful weather, gets dark early, but is fun. Cleveland and Columbus have a lot going for them, central location, good affordable housing, sports, more to do than you might think, good museums, etc. Shaker Heights is faded and has a lot of crime. Same for Beachwood and Cleveland heights. Lots of weird dykes in Cleveland heights. I would say Columbus, Los Angeles and Chicago are good places to live, at least part time. Laugh but when I have been in northeast Kentucky, it is beautiful, thriving and no Muslims. Lexington and Louisville have lots of gays.

by Anonymousreply 148April 30, 2018 3:12 PM

How many gay men could possibly be in Columbus and Cleveland? 20,000?

by Anonymousreply 149April 30, 2018 3:15 PM

Really? So much in all these cities and yet people are posting about the fucking bathhouses?

by Anonymousreply 150April 30, 2018 3:19 PM

Yeah - Cleveland and Columbus would be limited for younger guys looking for a mate. Smaller and lots of locals who didn’t or don’t want to move too far from home. More for settled gays looking for a cheap simple life. Chicago may be best for young single gays - lots of gays, cheaper than the coasts. Might also add Philly - but not quite as vibrant or young as Chicago (except when colleges are in session).

LA is a brutal beauty contest with a Logan’s Run culture that I don’t find healthy for young gays. But you can live a nice settled life there away from West Hollywood (though not cheap - which is kinda the point of this thread - I think).

by Anonymousreply 151April 30, 2018 3:22 PM

Cleveland recently hosted the gay games. What, you need millions of gay men. There are plenty in ohio. Don't forget Ohio State gas tons of hot young menz. Biggest campus in the states.

by Anonymousreply 152April 30, 2018 3:27 PM

Those cute guys disappearing from bars are from Columbus.

by Anonymousreply 153April 30, 2018 3:42 PM

NYC is full of oldies now. I guess it used to be cool. Now, only oldies can afford it, and visitors. So, of course ppl dont wanna live there. Who would? My parents grew up in NYC, but hate it now.

by Anonymousreply 154April 30, 2018 3:43 PM

Ohio State does seem fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155April 30, 2018 3:45 PM

R155 my brother goes there. And, its great, actually.

by Anonymousreply 156April 30, 2018 3:46 PM

R156, "great" in what way? Is your bro gay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157April 30, 2018 3:49 PM

If you're a young guy and you're seriously looking to mate, then places like Cleveland and Columbus might work very well for you. A young guy in New York City or Los Angeles is going to encounter lots of other young guys, but they are going to be focused on career, not on building a home with a partner.

by Anonymousreply 158April 30, 2018 3:54 PM

R157 yes (we are twins) and its great bc the diversity is second to none bro.

by Anonymousreply 159April 30, 2018 3:59 PM

Chicago is the top of the line for people from cities like Cleveland, Columbus, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, etc. who want to have a wider, deeper pool of potential boyfriends but aren't interested in the insanity of NYC, the sprawl of LA or the fuckery of Texas.

by Anonymousreply 160April 30, 2018 4:00 PM

R133 Yep the Dayton Accords are world famous and because it's the home of flight. It's up there with Cleveland, Cincinatti and Columbus. To the outside world, its probably the most famous yes.

Why are states like Ohio popular places to live?

If I was a foreigner looking at relocating to the US I would look at New York, San Fran, Washington, LA, Miami and Chicago, big cities like that to live. Pretty much anywhere else is quaint, but boring, right?

by Anonymousreply 161April 30, 2018 6:00 PM

R75 Albuqerque NM is like that, with very mild winters, but you're living in an area with high altitude and the crime rate keeps going up, and unless you have a job lined up in New Mexico it's difficult to just move there and get hired.

R155 You can find bathrooms or locker rooms where people have public sex like it's the 1970s and 1980s in most university campuses, large cities, and even small towns. I am not into any of this but I know people who are or were, and I have seen glory holes in bathrooms/locker rooms, and read graffiti about it.

by Anonymousreply 162April 30, 2018 6:50 PM

Former porn star Connor Kline goes to OSU where he plays rugby. He doesn't do porn but there's a recent vid out there of him fucking his twink bf. You can find him on IG and Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 163April 30, 2018 9:08 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164April 30, 2018 9:10 PM

When I lived in Columbus you didn't even need to go to the restrooms to pick up OSU students. I blew at least 4 different hot cornfed dudes just by saying "hey" and giving a big smile if I saw them walking home from a bar.

Same with Madison and UW, but it's even more like shooting fish in a barrel there.

In Pittsburgh, it was more about going to the Cathedral of Learning and going into the 50 stall bathrooms on the second or third floor. It was like a scene from Caligula in there!

by Anonymousreply 165April 30, 2018 9:13 PM

R161 WRONG many cities have colleges, great symphonies, libraries, even ballet companies, museums, art and music halls and schools and an abundance of cocksuckers. I lived in a city of about 150,000 ages 16 through 20. 5 gay bars. Very active ymca and several parks. Medium sized cities are much more affordable and have a lot to offer. I know six people who lived in my for years despisin it, all had high powered jobs, lawyers, stockbrokers, doctors. In the last 2 years, 3 relocated to Cleveland, I to Dayton, 2 are still looking. Not all average Joe's can afford Los Angeles or New York. Plenty of dicks to suck. Cleveland has many opportunities. Even had the country's first nude male yoga studio.

by Anonymousreply 166April 30, 2018 9:33 PM

Had lived in NYC loathing it Sorry for typos

by Anonymousreply 167April 30, 2018 9:54 PM

Daddy Mugs is from Ohio.

by Anonymousreply 168April 30, 2018 10:00 PM

Anyone moving to Miami looking for culture is going to be sorely disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 169April 30, 2018 10:14 PM

The article focused on Columbus, but I'd wager a bet that FAR more coasters and Europeans can be found in Madison, SO where I live. The New NY accents are everywhere and ex-Californians abound. Madison is much more liberal than Columbus, which may very well be the reason.

by Anonymousreply 170April 30, 2018 10:20 PM

I have known 3 gay NY couples who moved to Philly and all lasted less than 3 years.

by Anonymousreply 171April 30, 2018 10:27 PM

Madison, SO?

by Anonymousreply 172April 30, 2018 10:52 PM

What state is SO?

Or did you mean Madison, WI

by Anonymousreply 173April 30, 2018 11:21 PM

This guy, r163?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174April 30, 2018 11:43 PM

Assuredly, that douchbro musclehead has posted erect cock pics somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 175April 30, 2018 11:48 PM

Y'all can move to Ohio now if you want, but it's too late. You've missed Ruth Lyons, Bob Braun, Paul Dixon, Colleen Sharp and Bonnie Lou. Not to mention Kenley Players. It's too late now, suckers.

by Anonymousreply 176April 30, 2018 11:51 PM

Yeah - it seems most NYers I know who move to Philly move back. Superficially Philly - and some of these Ohio cities - looks like it should have everything NYC has but cheaper. But the people are provincial and depressing. True for a lot of cheaper places - seems like it can work, but you miss the attitude of awareness, openness, anonymity and opportunity of a big thriving city.

by Anonymousreply 177April 30, 2018 11:55 PM

Yea that's him r174. And this is the twink bf I think he was fucking. He's so possessive of him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178May 1, 2018 12:14 AM

where do you live now R148?

by Anonymousreply 179May 1, 2018 12:29 AM

People are moving to Medellín, Santo Domingo, Florence, Zurich and Dublin

by Anonymousreply 180May 1, 2018 12:35 AM

As long as you bitches stop moving here, it's alright with me.

by Anonymousreply 181May 1, 2018 12:36 AM

As long as you Florida bitches stop being total trash and allowing massive voter fraud before you all sink into the ocean, it's alright by us.

by Anonymousreply 182May 1, 2018 12:39 AM

The Yucatan Peninsula is currently all the rage. See you there?

by Anonymousreply 183May 1, 2018 12:39 AM

I'm looking for an apartment in Genoa or Nice. Genoa has good prices. I really wanted Izmir but I dunno, Turkey seems to be circling the drain.

by Anonymousreply 184May 1, 2018 12:44 AM

This story is ridiculous. Almost all the people cited leaving NYC had a Columbus connection or grew up there. Hardly an exodus.

by Anonymousreply 185May 1, 2018 12:59 AM

R176, I also grew up with them. Paul Dixon inspired David Letterman.

by Anonymousreply 186May 1, 2018 1:16 AM

Ohio is a dumpster.

by Anonymousreply 187May 1, 2018 1:35 AM

[quote] Akronite

Well, not all of OH is equal. I'd run from Akron or Ashtabula as if I was on fire, too.

by Anonymousreply 188May 1, 2018 2:13 AM

"... parking lots and shopping malls..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189May 1, 2018 2:45 AM

R168 WEHT him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190May 6, 2018 1:21 PM

In the last 5 years something like 250,000 people just from NYC moved to Philly , NOT including those who moved to the Philly burbs or South Jersey.

It's ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 191May 6, 2018 1:36 PM

How many people left Philly to compensate, r191? It's population is only up like 50,000 people this decade.

People like r177 are provincial and depressing. So caught in their NYC mindset that they don't realize there's a huge world beyond their own nose.

by Anonymousreply 192May 6, 2018 2:20 PM

R192 a decent amount but NYC is the city that moat,Philadelphians move too

It works both ways

by Anonymousreply 193May 6, 2018 3:36 PM

[quote]So caught in their NYC mindset that they don't realize there's a huge world beyond their own nose.

The irony of what you wrote is that a lot of that "huge world" is lost on people who aren't NYers and is precisely what flyover and the south is scared of and it's why those places do suck and have very little going on. It's why some rube in AL is more afraid of Al Qaeda than someone currently working in the Freedom Tower.

I have family in both Indiana and Ohio and have visited both - there is nothing going on and whatever they try to pass off as "going on," is just sad.

by Anonymousreply 194May 6, 2018 3:45 PM

R50 Mox is sexy in a classless, loose & funky way. I've heard he lets guys suck him, anyone had him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195May 6, 2018 4:08 PM

You've traveled to Indiana and Ohio so you're obviously an expert in how all non New Yorkers live. They should probably just kill themselves because their lives will never have the rich meaning and complexity that yours does.

How provincial, r194.

by Anonymousreply 196May 7, 2018 5:45 AM

[quote] Other than Manhattan and a small section of Brooklyn there's nowhere else worth living in NYC's boroughs. And unless you're making some serious money that would enable you to live like a human being and not like a rat in a cage what's the use

Hilarious!

My inlaws in Queens have a house with a front and backyard, trees, bushes, a nearby park and plenty of walkable shops. They do not consider themselves rats in a cage.

by Anonymousreply 197June 17, 2018 8:58 PM

And they're not rich.

by Anonymousreply 198June 17, 2018 8:59 PM

[quote]Philadelphia is not on the water FYI.

Indeed, there's the whole barrier island of New Jersey 'twixt Philly and the ocean.

LOLZ.

by Anonymousreply 199June 18, 2018 1:45 AM

R197 But didn't they buy their house before property values went through the roof?

by Anonymousreply 200June 18, 2018 3:53 AM

yeah, ohio the heroin and meth capital of the USA. Thanks to NY scum flooding there.

by Anonymousreply 201June 19, 2018 1:05 PM

R201 actually the Kensington neighborhood in Philadelphia is the heroin capital of the world

You can watch videos on YouTube of it

by Anonymousreply 202June 19, 2018 1:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!