Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Will Season 30 Be the Final Season of “The Simpsons”?

The ratings are in the toilet. No one is watching and executive producer Al Jean is begging people week after week to tune in. Will next year’s season be it?

by Anonymousreply 10April 24, 2018 10:25 PM

OP, "begging?" Really? What delusional voice in your head discovered that?

It's still funny.

You're obsessed with ratings, we know. Get a life.

by Anonymousreply 1April 24, 2018 6:55 AM

i am surprised the show hasn't become the butt of its own jokes after staying literally 15-20 years past its welcome. its kinda just like, "meh. its there. its a TV hallmark. nobody gives a shit enough to even make it a conversation piece anymore."

by Anonymousreply 2April 24, 2018 7:02 AM

The latest episode was half jokes about their longevity, the couch gag in particular.

by Anonymousreply 3April 24, 2018 7:04 AM

Yes, it will beat Gunsmoke next week, save for the radio broadcasts, which I guess is why they've been showing Tracy Ulmann Show clips.

by Anonymousreply 4April 24, 2018 7:36 AM

I love that this show exists and in the past I loved watching it, but I haven't seen an episode in years.

by Anonymousreply 5April 24, 2018 8:24 AM

You're an idiot, OP. It was the second highest-rated show in its time slot this week.

by Anonymousreply 6April 24, 2018 2:57 PM

R6 is a liar. The ratings are averaging 2.0.

by Anonymousreply 7April 24, 2018 3:54 PM

[quote]It's still funny.

Oh, lord. Even The A.V. Club wants it off the air.

by Anonymousreply 8April 24, 2018 3:56 PM

"The Simpsons" is easily my all-time favorite TV show. It debuted when I was in high school and hit its stride when I was in college, so I was pretty much the perfect age for it to shape my worldview and sense of humor. There are certain episodes that I have probably seen 2-3 dozen times (or more!).

I think it's time they call it quits. I haven't watched regularly for a couple years; my DVR still records it, but the unwatched episodes are piling up. I tuned in this past Sunday night while I was folding laundry, and my response was: "Oh. Another episode where Lisa loses faith in herself. Great."

by Anonymousreply 9April 24, 2018 4:50 PM

r7 Please explain your comment. As shown in the attached link, it was the second highest-rated show in its time slot this past Sunday (beaten only by "American Idol.") No one said anything about its numerical rating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 24, 2018 10:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!