Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Former President George H.W. Bush in intensive care

CNN)Former President George H.W. Bush, who just buried his wife first lady Barbara Bush on Saturday, is in intensive care, CNN has learned.

"President Bush was admitted to the Houston Methodist Hospital yesterday morning after contracting an infection that spread to his blood. He is responding to treatments and appears to be recovering. We will issue additional updates as events warrant," spokesman Jim McGrath said in a statement.

Bush was admitted to the hospital on Sunday morning with an infection that led to sepsis, which can be life-threatening, according to a source close to the former Republican President. He was in critical condition, the source said.

The source added that Bush's blood pressure kept dropping and a couple of times there was serious concern about whether he was going to come through, but that he had been stabilized.

But with Bush's age, his health and with this infection, this is very serious, the source explained.

The former President's hospitalization is especially upsetting for his family because it follows so closely on the death of his wife of 73 years last Tuesday. The family had been worried about how he would deal with her death and such an emotional week, according to the source.

The day after his wife's death, the former President paid tribute to her in a statement.

"I always knew Barbara was the most beloved woman in the world, and in fact I used to tease her that I had a complex relationship about that fact. But the truth is the outpouring of love and friendship being directed at The Enforcer is lifting us all up," he said, using her nickname. "We have faith she is in heaven, and we know that life will go on -- as she would have it. So cross the Bushes off your worry list."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 28, 2018 1:56 PM

There are only about two dozen of us who can post right now, and we still manage to have a duplicate thread?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 23, 2018 11:49 PM

None of them fucking showed up for me, all right? FUCK OFF

by Anonymousreply 2April 23, 2018 11:51 PM

Yes, r1 - I'm having the same problem. Even though I'm a subscriber, I often can't post during peak periods.

by Anonymousreply 3April 23, 2018 11:53 PM

It’s Carrie and Debby all over again!!

by Anonymousreply 4April 23, 2018 11:55 PM

So young.

by Anonymousreply 5April 23, 2018 11:58 PM

Infection that spread to the blood can turn into sepsis, which is very dangerous, especially for older people. Early detection and treatment is key.

by Anonymousreply 6April 24, 2018 12:00 AM

It is sepsis, r6. He's responding to antibiotics but as I heard from "source close to the family" George H. has been given "time" in terms of longevity. It's not looking good.

by Anonymousreply 7April 24, 2018 12:10 AM

"Bush, 93, was admitted to the hospital on Sunday morning with an infection that led to sepsis, which can be life-threatening, according to a source close to the former Republican President. He was in critical condition, the source said. The source added that Bush's blood pressure kept dropping and a couple of times there was serious concern about whether he was going to come through, but that he had been stabilized.

But with Bush's age, his health and with this infection, this is very serious, the source explained."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 24, 2018 12:12 AM

CNN is devoting far too much time to this. They need to leave this bullshit to fox news.

by Anonymousreply 9April 24, 2018 12:17 AM

Beats listening about Trump's tragic tales, r9.

by Anonymousreply 10April 24, 2018 12:21 AM

R3 Me too. I keep having to re-submit my subscription code.

by Anonymousreply 11April 24, 2018 12:21 AM

My mother came down with spesis from an undected pneumonia strain. After several days her blood pressure began to drop and she was unable to recover. She also was in her 90s. The older you are and the more things you have wrong, the less likelihood you'll be able to pull through.

by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2018 12:24 AM

R3 and R11 The disappearing code is a recent phenomena that's been going on for several days now. Datalounge needs to look into it.

by Anonymousreply 13April 24, 2018 12:25 AM

Shaking so many germy hands couldn’t have been a. good thing.

by Anonymousreply 14April 24, 2018 12:27 AM

I've got a bottle of chilled Bolly waiting for this one to croak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 24, 2018 12:31 AM

He also engineered the JFK assassination. Can't wait until Bush dies!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 24, 2018 12:33 AM

The Bushes have to plan another funeral now. Sad. They sure like the attention.

by Anonymousreply 17April 24, 2018 12:40 AM

Well, they long ago sold their souls to Satan, so this is turning out well for them.

by Anonymousreply 18April 24, 2018 12:50 AM

All Presidents have already planned out every second of their funeral. What the Bushes will have to figure out is how to solve the problem of not inviting Donald Trump?

by Anonymousreply 19April 24, 2018 12:51 AM

Can't you let me have even one week before stealing my thunder, you old fart?

by Anonymousreply 20April 24, 2018 1:01 AM

Y'all are some cruel people.

by Anonymousreply 21April 24, 2018 1:01 AM

We feel your pain, R21.

by Anonymousreply 22April 24, 2018 1:04 AM

We feel your pain, [R21].

by Anonymousreply 23April 24, 2018 2:03 AM

We feel your pain, [R21].

by Anonymousreply 24April 24, 2018 2:04 AM

I do wonder how they will disinvite trump. Doesn’t every president get a state funeral in dc?

by Anonymousreply 25April 24, 2018 2:09 AM

If Carter croaks before Trump is driven from office, there's no way the family will let the orange shitstain anywhere near the service.

by Anonymousreply 26April 24, 2018 2:14 AM

I think the Carters are setting the groundwork, by not sending anyone to Barbara Bush's funeral, for their eventual snub of Trump. They will claim that both funerals (Jimmy and Rosalynn) to be very private affairs and decline any former President and/or First Lady to attend them. That way they dont get the Orange Shitstain.

by Anonymousreply 27April 24, 2018 3:14 AM

The death of a former president is considered a state affair, but all the details are left to the former president and the discretion of the former First Family. So the Bush's could very well exclude Dump. It would be a scandal, but I doubt that they give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 28April 24, 2018 5:05 AM

SAD FINAL DAYS!

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES!

by Anonymousreply 29April 24, 2018 5:17 AM

Sepsis is a 50/50 chance of survival no matter what your age is when you get it. (My healthy father died of it.)

by Anonymousreply 30April 24, 2018 5:22 AM

I am merely being realistic here: I don't believe that there is any way that the current POTUS can be excluded from the state funeral of a former POTUS. It's not even close to the same thing as Bar's funeral(she was 100% in control.)

Even if the entire Bush family has to medicate themselves to stomach it, asking a POTUS to stay away is nearly unthinkable protocol.

by Anonymousreply 31April 24, 2018 5:24 AM

Miss Lilian will rise from the dead, before She lets Trumpf near her boys funeral. Billy will come back and beer piss on him.

by Anonymousreply 32April 24, 2018 5:31 AM

I hope Bush won’t be invited to this funeral either.

by Anonymousreply 33April 24, 2018 5:48 AM

[quote] I am merely being realistic here: I don't believe that there is any way that the current POTUS can be excluded from the state funeral of a former POTUS.

By what possible law?

If the Bushes were to have a private funeral for GHWB, there is absolutely no law either federal or state that would allow a president to invade the private event if he were not invited. That's just not the way the US legal system works.

You don't sound realistic; you sound deluded.

by Anonymousreply 34April 24, 2018 5:49 AM

R33 I mean Trump.

by Anonymousreply 35April 24, 2018 5:51 AM

Trump cannot force his way into the funeral of GHWB if the Bushes have a private funeral for him and exclude Trump.

The president of the US is not above the law.

by Anonymousreply 36April 24, 2018 5:56 AM

Babs is reaching out for him from Hell, obviously. I wish she would have gotten misdirected and grabbed the shitgibbon, be we take what we can get.

by Anonymousreply 37April 24, 2018 5:58 AM

Dead by the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 38April 24, 2018 5:59 AM

Suffering I hope! Pig.

by Anonymousreply 39April 24, 2018 6:02 AM

Why doesn't somebody just throw a bucket of water on him like they did with his wife, The Wicked Witch of the West?

by Anonymousreply 40April 24, 2018 6:04 AM

What you can do, and what you will do are two different things. A former first lady CAN divorce her husband, yet none ever have.

A former POTUS's family perhaps CAN hold a private funeral and exclude whoever they wish, but it is unlikely that they will. Doesn't anyone here understand protocol? You do know that public figures are known to put tradition above their personal wants don't you?

You guys are likely the same group who actually believe that the Democratic leadership is going to seek to put Trump on trial with the hopes of him going to prison. Enjoy the fantasy of what YOU want to happen, but know that TPTB don't operate in that fashion.

by Anonymousreply 41April 24, 2018 6:16 AM

"The president of the US is not above the law. "

He certainly acts as if he is.

by Anonymousreply 42April 24, 2018 6:49 AM

Tragically he has survived.

by Anonymousreply 43April 24, 2018 2:57 PM

If he goes soon, the family could simply say that, given that so many recently travelled for Barbara's funeral, they do not expect them to return to Houston for GHWB's. This would give them the option for a closed family service, saying that last week's covered both. Nunc pro tunc.

by Anonymousreply 44April 24, 2018 3:25 PM

Get well, HW.

by Anonymousreply 45April 24, 2018 3:33 PM

He's not dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 46April 24, 2018 3:34 PM

I'm a waitin'!

by Anonymousreply 47April 24, 2018 7:15 PM

A State funeral means bringing the decesed President back to Wash DC. Usually to repose in the Capitol building and a funeral service at the National Cathedral. A prosesson sometimes. Then family and coffin are flown to Presidential Library for burial. Reagan, Ford funerals are examples.

Trump would have to suddenly decide on an international trip or something. If Bush dies, Trump will probably meet with North Korea at same time. Half kidding.

by Anonymousreply 48April 24, 2018 8:00 PM

Oh no. *deceased

by Anonymousreply 49April 24, 2018 8:12 PM

Security must be insane in that ICU - between the sepsis bacteria and the meds, he’s bound to spill the beans on something highly confidential from his past. Unless he’s intubated of course, which is likely.

by Anonymousreply 50April 24, 2018 8:20 PM

Did somwun sez "Piss"?

by Anonymousreply 51April 24, 2018 8:46 PM

[quote] The Bushes have to plan another funeral now. Sad. They sure like the attention.

His funeral was planned years ago. They are ready to go as soon as he croaks.

by Anonymousreply 52April 24, 2018 10:07 PM

You missed the subtle joke, r52. I was posting as "Stable Genius Trump."

by Anonymousreply 53April 24, 2018 10:13 PM

Poppy’s back in the hospital again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 27, 2018 6:39 PM

"Not in any discomfort" = he's on his way out.

by Anonymousreply 55May 27, 2018 6:47 PM

He's 93. At that age even a minor issues can cause complications that result in a significant health situation.

by Anonymousreply 56May 27, 2018 7:02 PM

Another funeral Trump will not be invited to. Maybe Melania will come out of hiding.

by Anonymousreply 57May 27, 2018 7:08 PM

Watch the following video. This guy lays into GHW Bush at a local restaurant for his crimes. I suspect the guy would up floating in a river somewhere or jail/mental institution - that's how they roll. Hats of to him, though - he took one for the team.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 27, 2018 7:28 PM

All presidents must plan their funeral when they get into office. Post JFK.

by Anonymousreply 59May 27, 2018 7:46 PM

r58 video of a very brave man to confront the mass-murdering satanist psycopath GHW Bush.

Of course ClintonObama are the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 60May 27, 2018 7:52 PM

I had posted to the 2018 Predictions thread that Babs & Bush Sr would die this year. He's not going to be around much longer.

Then its Carter & Prince Phillip. I think the Prince first.

by Anonymousreply 61May 27, 2018 8:31 PM

He's waiting to die on Memorial Day.

by Anonymousreply 62May 27, 2018 8:31 PM

Dying might not bring Melania out of hiding this time, Mr. Bush.

by Anonymousreply 63May 27, 2018 8:32 PM

His last chance to do the rollicking "David-Cop-A-Feel" bit.

by Anonymousreply 64May 28, 2018 2:29 AM

Is Dubya a homosexual, as has been hinted?

by Anonymousreply 65May 28, 2018 8:15 AM

God, no, R65. We don't want him.

by Anonymousreply 66May 28, 2018 9:31 AM

R60 Clinton and Obama are not the same thing. Go back to the Fox News hole.

by Anonymousreply 67May 28, 2018 9:40 AM

They are both satanist psychopath stooges for the criminals who own the NY Federal Reserve bank and the MIC. If you don't see this you are really stupid.

by Anonymousreply 68May 28, 2018 10:27 AM

Stinkfish

by Anonymousreply 69May 28, 2018 1:55 PM

Good riddance. Just die already!

by Anonymousreply 70May 28, 2018 1:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!