Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"I Can Only Imagine"

The fundies love it, but I'd like to have a non-fundie opinion of it. On Rotten Tomatoes, it has 96% approval with the audience, but the critic score, at 70%, is much more modest, and the top critic score (20%) is positively hostile (though the same size is still small).

Did you watch it? Did you like it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 8, 2018 6:34 PM

Non-fundies won't bother with it.

Poor Dennis Quaid - reduced to this...

by Anonymousreply 1April 23, 2018 6:49 PM

I really liked it, the religious aspect is only a small part of story. It is more of a musical biopic, the reason I think it has done so well because it covers a lot of issues such as family relationships, forgiveness, etc. It is no way a "fundie" movie.

by Anonymousreply 2April 23, 2018 6:55 PM

My trump loving sister recommended this movie to me because DQ (in movie) reminds us of our father...

I'm watching right now. I'm liking It even Though he is good and a real good singer I wonder why lead actor was cast…

Doesn't seem To be much interest for This movie at DL.... Maybe because lead actor is fat ?

by Anonymousreply 3October 8, 2018 11:17 AM

O I see real life person is a Little pudgy..

Dennis Quaid is just as good as Sam Elliot..

Fundie is negative. I call it a good movie about people who are religious...

you would Think DL would relate most of us had terrible fathers….

I loved it …..

by Anonymousreply 4October 8, 2018 12:18 PM

My parents get so emotional talking about this movie. Still don't really know what it's about.

by Anonymousreply 5October 8, 2018 2:24 PM

forgiveness

by Anonymousreply 6October 8, 2018 6:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!