Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Melania Trump To Host Her First State Dinner

State Dinner

The color scheme is cream and gold and the china settings consist of the Clinton china for the baseplate, along with both Bush (43) and Clinton china for the dinner service. The First Lady chose the Bush china with the green color palette to complement the spring green and white flowers that will be featured in the State Dining Room. Mrs. Trump has also selected pieces from the extensive Vermeil collection as well as American Silver from the White House Collection—from Tiffany & Co. and S. Kirk & Sons—to add to the décor in the State Dining Room.

Entertainment

Washington National Opera from the John F. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts

Floral Arrangements

The Cross Hall will feature over 1,200 branches of cherry blossom, all grown in the United States.

The State Dining Room will feature more than 2,500 stems of white sweet peas and nearly 1,000 stems of white lilac—both California and Dutch grown mixed.

The parlors will feature a variety of mixed garden flowers. The Stephanotis vines, which will also be featured in the parlors, are from California.

Menu

The menu will be a showcase of the best of America’s cuisines and traditions, with nuances of French influences prepared by the renowned White House Executive Chef, Christeta Comerford (a full menu can be found at the bottom of the release).

The first course celebrates the wondrous first harvest of spring, using greens from the White House kitchen garden.

The main course will be a Rack of Spring Lamb and Carolina Gold Rice Jambalaya, which will be cooked in a New Orleans tradition and scented with the trinity of Cajun cooking—celery, peppers, and onions, and spiced with herbs from the South Lawn.

Dessert will be a Nectarine Tart infused with White House honey and accented by crème fraîche ice cream.

Wines

The wines were selected to complement the menu and embody the historic friendship between the United States and France, which dates back to the American Revolution.

The Domaine Serene Chardonnay “Evenstad Reserve” 2015 is the product of American and French collaboration—a combination of French plants from Dijon that thrive in the volcanic Oregon soil and colder temperatures. The wine was aged in 40 percent French oak barrels for more than 12 months.

The Domaine Drouhin Pinot Noir “Laurène” 2014—This wine uses the motto “French soul–Oregon soil.” The grapes at Domaine Drouhin are harvested and sorted by hand and fermented in French Oak barrels.

Schramsberg Demi-Sec “Crémant” has been served in the White House for official and ceremonial events many times over the years. The subtle sweetness and creamy effervescence of the 2014 vintage is the perfect accompaniment for a nectarine tart.

Full Menu:

First Course:

Goat Cheese Gateau

Tomato Jam

Buttermilk Biscuit Crumbles

Young Variegated Lettuces

Main Course:

Rack of Spring Lamb

Burnt Cipollini Soubise

Carolina Gold Rice Jambalaya

Dessert:

Nectarine Tart

Crème Fraîche Ice Cream

Guest List

Republicans and on-air media hosts from Fox News ONLY

by Anonymousreply 293April 26, 2018 5:09 PM

Ofter deener entertenmint, tradeetionel Sloveenie fancee dance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 23, 2018 5:45 PM

any1 else?

by Anonymousreply 2April 23, 2018 6:27 PM

Oooh, Donnie gonna be pissed. No burgers, meatloaf or charred steak with ketchup.

by Anonymousreply 3April 23, 2018 7:17 PM

What's being served in the champagne room?

by Anonymousreply 4April 23, 2018 7:57 PM

It's gonna be potatoes and cabbage.

Hope she remembers to put on underwear.

by Anonymousreply 5April 23, 2018 8:01 PM

[quote]Young Variegated Lettuces

Hopefully, this includes Romaine from Yuma.

by Anonymousreply 6April 23, 2018 8:21 PM

Well-done rack of lamb with ketchup... words fail.

by Anonymousreply 7April 23, 2018 8:24 PM

This is a State Dinner for Republicans and Fox News????? My tax dollars are paying for a partisan dinner so these shits can stroke themselves?????

by Anonymousreply 8April 23, 2018 8:26 PM

I would have done things quite differently!

Hmph.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 23, 2018 8:45 PM

The ketchup -- excuse me, Tomato Jam -- is with the biscuits, Tony. The lamb has onion sauce, which I usually only see with grilled lamb steak and not rack of lamb, but I'm not an expert on lamb.

by Anonymousreply 10April 23, 2018 8:47 PM

Someone better tell them to avoid the bags of Arizona romaine lettuce.

by Anonymousreply 11April 23, 2018 8:58 PM

[quote]Young Variegated Lettuces

So a mixed green salad....

by Anonymousreply 12April 23, 2018 9:00 PM

I wonder if Sean Hannity is invited?

by Anonymousreply 13April 23, 2018 9:09 PM

Trump has deliberately refused to invite any Democratic leaders to the dinner, even though these dinners are traditionally nonpartisan, and won't allow any journalists. OP was snarking when he said only Fox would be there, because they're not invited either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 23, 2018 9:13 PM

You just know that Macron and Brigitte are going to laugh in the limo back their hotel and all of the deplorable arriviste at this dinner.

by Anonymousreply 15April 23, 2018 9:16 PM

R12 - so you don't know what "variegated" means?

by Anonymousreply 16April 23, 2018 9:17 PM

[quote]The First Lady chose...

No she didn't.

by Anonymousreply 17April 23, 2018 9:31 PM

I'd have taken her as more a Chinet sorta gal.

by Anonymousreply 18April 23, 2018 9:38 PM

I don’t think they pick the menu. The chef and various WH hospitality staff probably come up with several choices and she picks one.

by Anonymousreply 19April 23, 2018 10:23 PM

Anyone who ever goes to Trump's White House should never be taken seriously again.

by Anonymousreply 20April 23, 2018 10:26 PM

Is she going to shoot ping pong balls out of her cooche?

by Anonymousreply 21April 23, 2018 10:50 PM

Who will get to stickhos fingers up Melania’s used pussy?

by Anonymousreply 22April 23, 2018 10:50 PM

Not if Bunny Bixler has anything to say about it, r21!

by Anonymousreply 23April 23, 2018 11:01 PM

Will there be any homosexuals of note present?

by Anonymousreply 24April 23, 2018 11:04 PM

Why did nobody tell me that Melania is pregnant again? It's quite obvious in the photo at the top of this article. She looks quite far on too. Trump is some stud!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 24, 2018 12:20 PM

I'm sure she isn't pregnant but she has put on weight which was pretty obvious at BB's funeral. Her outfits of late have been designed to camouflage it.

by Anonymousreply 26April 24, 2018 12:48 PM

I sure hope all these new duties don’t get in the way of melanoma’s incredibly comprehenisve anti-cyber bullying campaign.

by Anonymousreply 27April 24, 2018 12:52 PM

[quote]Is she going to shoot ping pong balls out of her cooche?

Not exactly. Instead, as part of the dessert entertainment, the First Lady will be shooting choux pastry balls out of her vagina into the shape of a croquembouche tower, which will then be served to the guests with a caramel sauce and Madagascar vanilla ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 28April 24, 2018 12:58 PM

I get 2 scoops of ice cream! 2!!!!

by Anonymousreply 29April 24, 2018 1:13 PM

During the WH arrival ceremony for Macron, Dump just looks so stupid standing there. He keeps randomly moving his mouth as if he's perpetually silently seething. Off camera there are clearly handlers signaling him to stay put so he doesn't wander off since he has the attention span of a gnat. His interactions with Melania are strained and awkward.

by Anonymousreply 30April 24, 2018 1:19 PM

Dump is pissed because he usually doesn't start working until 11

by Anonymousreply 31April 24, 2018 1:23 PM

R29 Donnie Two Scoops. That’s the “family” name.

by Anonymousreply 32April 24, 2018 1:39 PM

I am really eager to see the guest list.

by Anonymousreply 33April 24, 2018 1:46 PM

[quote]I am really eager to see the guest list.

So am I so that I can BOYCOTT them!!!

by Anonymousreply 34April 24, 2018 1:51 PM

Quite frankly I'm surprised someone hasn't begun a boycott of Trump hotels, and other properties.

by Anonymousreply 35April 24, 2018 1:56 PM

They usually post the guest list the day of the State dinner in the Wash Post. I just read through it. It's not there. Lots of articles but no guest list.

by Anonymousreply 36April 24, 2018 1:59 PM

[quote]Quite frankly I'm surprised someone hasn't begun a boycott of Trump hotels, and other properties.

This has been going on for quite some time now. In fact, Eric Trump is in the news (as recent as yesterday) vowing to fight another building that is trying to remove the Trump name off o its facade.

by Anonymousreply 37April 24, 2018 2:02 PM

I’m glad to see lamb on the menu, I love lamb but most Americans don’t. I hope they don’t serve it well done, but this is Trump.

by Anonymousreply 38April 24, 2018 2:03 PM

What, no Trump wines? You know the French would gag drinking that swill.

by Anonymousreply 39April 24, 2018 2:18 PM

It was driving me crazy watching Trump nod his head like he understood while Macron spoke in French.

by Anonymousreply 40April 24, 2018 2:26 PM

Photos of what tonight's dinner will look like. Looks beautiful to me. The Clinton China is a nice touch. Flowers look great. Melania just might pull this off well. Trump will probably ruin it in his toast!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 24, 2018 2:31 PM

Hillary must be kicking herself for her poor taste in china. That tacky gold stuff is like catnip for Trump and Eastern European whores.

by Anonymousreply 42April 24, 2018 2:35 PM

No Dems were invited. It's a Disgrace Dinner.

by Anonymousreply 43April 24, 2018 2:37 PM

[quote] Melania just might pull this off well.

The right wing are really pushing this to try and get her some good press which will hopefully help the image of the Administration. Did you read the Kate Bennett piece? Notice all the fawning and then the subtle jabs at the Obamas

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 24, 2018 2:39 PM

R40 Yes! He's such a dolt! And every time he spoke his intonation and inflections were so odd because he was forced to read what was written and it was killing him. Good!

by Anonymousreply 45April 24, 2018 2:39 PM

Say what you want (and I've said [italic]plenty[/italic] but Melanoma can throw a party. She didn't even hire an event planner for this dinner and folks are saying that this is going to be a huge YUGE coup for Melanoma.

by Anonymousreply 46April 24, 2018 2:40 PM

What’s up with the big hat?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 24, 2018 2:43 PM

It’s not surprising that a wealthy NYC woman can put together a large dinner party. It’s what they learn to do for their husbands. The people fawning over this like their women subservient, barefoot in the kitchen and pregnant. 1950s thinking.

by Anonymousreply 48April 24, 2018 2:44 PM

[quote]She didn't even hire an event planner for this dinner

Why would you need to hire an event planner? There are permanent staff along with her Chief of Staff that handle and mange this. You see... this is the "right-wing" bullshit push...

With your gushing over this tramp R46 you should keep in mind that her best friend, (the event planner for the inaugural) walked away with $25MM of which most of that money is not accounted for.

by Anonymousreply 49April 24, 2018 2:46 PM

I would think the White House has an event planner on staff.

by Anonymousreply 50April 24, 2018 2:46 PM

These are still horrible people.

by Anonymousreply 51April 24, 2018 2:53 PM

R42 You make me laugh, as I was thinking the same. Everyone thought Trump was going to change the gold curtains in the oval. They had not been changed since Hillsy picked out the gold. Apparently Agent Orange loved them just as much, and instead changed everything else! He and Melania share the same rare taste as a Saudi Arms Dealer.

by Anonymousreply 52April 24, 2018 2:54 PM

[quote]It’s not surprising that a wealthy NYC woman can put together a large dinner party.

LOL! The Trumps are definitely not known for throwing any type of dinner parties or chairing charities. They're know in in NYC as the grifters that they are.

by Anonymousreply 53April 24, 2018 2:57 PM

Most first ladies DO use event planners, whether they are part of WH staff or otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 54April 24, 2018 2:57 PM

I work in the Beltway and the Melanie Is Doing This All Alone shtick has been nonstop.

by Anonymousreply 55April 24, 2018 2:58 PM

They shove 3 or 4 choices of menus in front of her. She picks one. Three or 4 choices of flowers. She picks one. Same with china, wine, linens, etc. Hardly a noble undertaking. Hell, Barron could have done it. Maybe he did.

by Anonymousreply 56April 24, 2018 3:07 PM

As I looked at some video and photos from the visit, it seem like Trump is seething. Really in a permanent state of pissed off. And Melania is smiling a lot more and being poised. I bet he was pissed off at her for how well she handled herself at the Bush funeral. Jealous. Watching her with Obama had to make him seethe. Good. If she is finally saying "Fuck you!" to him I'm all for it.

I have been forming a theory about her recently. We all know what we know about her background. Fine. But IMO, for years, she thought Trump was just the center of the universe. He was wealthy, lived like a king and was famous and knew a lot of other deal makers and rich guys. She was surrounded by a certain class of Eurotrash, mobsters, and other coarse people. It was her world thanks to Trump. It's his world, the one he is most comfortable in. It's reflected in the type of people he surrounds himself with.

But now, she is in another world. A much larger world, and Trump can't keep her isolated the way he would like to. He strikes me as a selfish, mean, vicious little bastard. Obviously insecure, obviously promiscuous. So she is using her public occasions to be more outgoing, and to shine as best she can.

The way she moves away from Trump is to embrace her public role and appear to enjoy it. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if we see more and more of her without him. She ignores his rudeness to others and his belligerence and instead she projects poise and warmth.

He is going crazy before our eyes because too many things are spinning out of his control and control and revenge are basic as oxygen to him. So maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but if Melania can contribute in some small measure to making him go nuts, I'm all for it. It's like she has discovered the mushrooms in Phantom Thread, and he's Daniel Day Lewis.

by Anonymousreply 57April 24, 2018 3:12 PM

[quote]No Dems were invited. It's a Disgrace Dinner.

No Dems, no press. Breaking with all sorts of tradition.

by Anonymousreply 58April 24, 2018 3:15 PM

Melania looks like Bat Woman; French lady looks stylish! Same deal with Melania's white outfit today. Everything too angular. She needs to soften up or something. But she's trying too hard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 24, 2018 3:16 PM

I think you are giving her WAY TOO MUCH credit. She shows up when she absolutely has to. She smiles, yes, but looks vacant. She has no interest in any of this, her "duties" or her obnoxious spouse.

by Anonymousreply 60April 24, 2018 3:17 PM

I think we all realize that r60. The desperate attempts to build her up over this event are just funny.

by Anonymousreply 61April 24, 2018 3:18 PM

R57, I think Melania is too lazy and selfish for that.

If Melania was smart, she would become the Princess Diana to Trump’s Charles, and endlessly and publicly devote herself to charities that most inspire publicity and acclaim. Maybe get a Nobel Peace Prize. He couldn’t stop her. She could make speeches about how childrens’ charities are her life and she just can’t stop herself from saving every child imaginable. Trump would explode in apoplectic rage.

Instead, she apparently is locked in her room at the White House except for rare outings. No wonder she’s putting on weight.

by Anonymousreply 62April 24, 2018 3:18 PM

[quote]I think you are giving her WAY TOO MUCH credit. She shows up when she absolutely has to. She smiles, yes, but looks vacant. She has no interest in any of this, her "duties" or her obnoxious spouse.

I agree with you but I think we're about to see a change. This woman is being publicly humiliated now nearly on a daily basis. I believe she is now realizing, (or her very good friends are helping her to realize), that this is an opportunity to establish her own self. Her own brand that is separate from Trump and the Trump name.

by Anonymousreply 63April 24, 2018 3:23 PM

Do you have the guest list?

by Anonymousreply 64April 24, 2018 3:24 PM

She's no Sally Adams.

by Anonymousreply 65April 24, 2018 3:28 PM

I KNEW that her chapeau & ensemble reminded me of something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 24, 2018 3:29 PM

[quote] Trump will probably ruin it in his toast!

Serious question: Since The Orange One does not drink what's in his glass when he gives a toast? Please don't say Diet Coke

I know GWB was supposedly a teetotaler after being a drunk in his earlier years and it looks like they put iced tea in his glass

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67April 24, 2018 3:30 PM

She's planned this the way she wrote that speech stolen from Michelle. The Trump's never entertain, except at Maralago. The shitstain hasn't even had dinner out since becoming President, except at his own restaurants. Foodies or chic entertainers they aren't. I'll bet he has meatloaf or a well-done steak instead of lamb.

by Anonymousreply 68April 24, 2018 3:31 PM

Exactly R63. that's all I was trying to say. All this public humiliation is having an effect. She could withdraw and become a cifer, invisible. Or she can choose to fight back in the one way that's open to her. He's a fucking bully.

by Anonymousreply 69April 24, 2018 3:34 PM

The WH has an entire staff of planners for entertaining. She's hardly doing this "alone". As someone else said, she was handed a choice of menus, flowers and picking out china isn't that hard. All the china in the WH has gold in it so it's easy to work with and match.

Trump is in a perpetual state of "seething". He's a creature of routine and does not like his routine changed. Entertaining dignitaries is not his forte and he doubtless feels inferior and insecure. He cannot converse except to boast about himself, I doubt he likes this food and is uncomfortable with it. He's chafing at being "handled" too. I really do think he's got Alzheimer's, just because of the way he wanders off and seems lost.

by Anonymousreply 70April 24, 2018 3:43 PM

[quote]She could withdraw and become a cifer, invisible.

OMG she can become a municipality in Slovenia? And make it invisible?

by Anonymousreply 71April 24, 2018 3:51 PM

Divorcing him right now would be the only worthwhile thing she can do to redeem herself as a human being. But she won’t.

Nobody even knows what’s going through her incredibly tiny mind. Who is she? What does she think? Do we even care?

by Anonymousreply 72April 24, 2018 3:51 PM

My bad, Cifer is in Slovakia. But still becoming a municipality is pretty difficult, no matter where it is in Eastern Europe.

by Anonymousreply 73April 24, 2018 3:54 PM

Did you see the clip of Trump telling him he has dandruff and tries to wipe it off the French Presidents shoulder? Dear God. Was this some kind of male alpha move?

by Anonymousreply 74April 24, 2018 4:00 PM

So when did they inform Melania this was a STATE dinner and not a STEAK dinner? She's really not very smart you know.

by Anonymousreply 75April 24, 2018 4:02 PM

[quote] Did you see the clip of Trump telling him he has dandruff and tries to wipe it off the French Presidents shoulder? Dear God. Was this some kind of male alpha move?

That's reminiscent of the time Larry King interviewed him and Trump came right out and said "do you mind if I sit back a bit because your breath is very bad". It's a dominance play. Just a little zinger to make the other person feel like they are lesser than Trump and put them on edge. It's the classic way a cretin who knows he's lying his way through life makes himself look big and important.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76April 24, 2018 4:06 PM

So will Ivanka and AJred sow up for the state dinner? Will Eric and Donnie Jr.? Will Barron? Who will Donnie Jr. brig as his date? Will Ivana their mother be there? Will Marla or Tiffany be there? I bet Scott Pruitt, Ben Carson, and Betsy de Vos will be there. Steve Mnuchin will be there. Will Kelly be there or is Trump pissed off at him? Will Sessions be there? I bet we'll see Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell there. Wonder if Kelly Ann will come without her hubby. Mother will be there with VP Pence. perhaps all the Christians will sit together at the same table. The Kochs should be there too, and so should Ted Cruz.

by Anonymousreply 77April 24, 2018 4:16 PM

If there are no press nor guest list, what the hell is the point? Lol

by Anonymousreply 78April 24, 2018 4:20 PM

often at state dinners, a POTUS will make sure some cultural icons, performing artists, literary figures, scientists, attend, as well as famous sports figures and other celebrities, so that the foreign dignitaries have the opportunity to meet some of America's best. So will Stallone, be there along with Ted Nugent and Kid Rock?

by Anonymousreply 79April 24, 2018 4:20 PM

Hopefully, it's her last.

by Anonymousreply 80April 24, 2018 4:26 PM

We’ll be there! This time, we’ll be amongst our own kind!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81April 24, 2018 4:27 PM

[quote]Did you see the clip of Trump telling him he has dandruff and tries to wipe it off the French Presidents shoulder?

Are you fucking serious? What an oafish clod. He has zero manners or upbringing.

by Anonymousreply 82April 24, 2018 4:28 PM

[quote]Joining the main guests of honor, Macron and his wife Brigitte, is an exclusive guest list that has been kept secret by the White House and will only be released upon the arrival of the final guest at Tuesday’s dinner.

These people don't want the heat!

[quote]Did you see the clip of Trump telling him he has dandruff and tries to wipe it off the French Presidents shoulder?

Yes, I did. Unbelievable! But, you can see the expressions on Macron's face that he has Trump where he wants him. The Trump cabinet Press Conferences are a joke. Trump rambles on about nothing. But, today when he turned it over to Macron I guess Trump did not like how Macron controlled the room and instead of ending the presser he had more to say.

by Anonymousreply 83April 24, 2018 4:33 PM

I’ve seen a thousand pictures of Macron in dark suits. He in no way has dandruff. Trump is trying to put him in his place since he realizes he looks like a bloated circus peanut standing next to Macron.

Well, he always looks like swollen, orange marshmallow fluff, but more so in contrast.

by Anonymousreply 84April 24, 2018 4:34 PM

I see it on Twitter. But I'm not supposed to link to that, right? It is a CNN clip

by Anonymousreply 85April 24, 2018 4:35 PM

LOL! Look at B looking at her like; "Who does this bitch think she is?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86April 24, 2018 4:38 PM

Small wonder Trumpy is restless. He's hosting a bigly bestest State Dinner, but it's for a young handsome popular bilingual unscandalous President.

Trumpy's humiliated wife will be given credit for this 'classy' event, as feature writers attempt desperately to claw back a shred of respect for their country.

And even Trumpy can see and feel the tension between wanting to be the glossiest swell, yet being a short-fingered vulgarian, at his happiest when attempting to penetrate porn stars, or screaming at rallies for rust-belt deplorables. What a wreck he is.

by Anonymousreply 87April 24, 2018 4:41 PM

[quote]Trump is trying to put him in his place since he realizes he looks like a [bold]bloated circus peanut[/bold] standing next to Macron.

LOL. Perfect!

by Anonymousreply 88April 24, 2018 4:44 PM

Instead of dancing bear for entertainments, we give SHS a horn, the hoop-the-hoop, and tutu. Yes?

by Anonymousreply 89April 24, 2018 4:46 PM

r86, are they wearing matching shoes?

by Anonymousreply 90April 24, 2018 5:03 PM

Here's why Operation Melody... err, Melanie.. err... you know that gal's name, is going to fail. The White House has banned the press. My question is whose bright idea is this? Was it Donnie? Or, was it the staff fearing that he would make a fool of himself? It just seems as if this was a missed opportunity for the Trump White House.

by Anonymousreply 91April 24, 2018 5:49 PM

I think Donnie banned them. He doesn't want embarrassing questions asked and his staff don't want the press to see how very badly he comports himself with visiting dignitaries. I'm surprised Mother Mary didn't raise him with better manners.

Do his siblings have anything to do with him?

by Anonymousreply 92April 24, 2018 5:54 PM

WHOA!!!! YIKES!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93April 24, 2018 5:58 PM

Melania was in a Michael Kors suit and Loboutin shoes. Brigitte was in Louis Vuitton head to toe, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 94April 24, 2018 5:59 PM

I'll be there, you fucking losers!

by Anonymousreply 95April 24, 2018 6:00 PM

She really did not want to hold his hand, man she despises him. Not that this is new information.

by Anonymousreply 96April 24, 2018 6:04 PM

Thank you for my first laugh of the day, r89!

by Anonymousreply 97April 24, 2018 6:05 PM

First thing I noticed is Trump is wearing a huge woollen winter coat to hide his corpulent build. Macron is attired in a light, spring like suit. Making Macron look young and fresh and the big woolly coat making Trump look like grandpa dragged out of his comfy bedroom for a few minutes "on the lawn." Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 98April 24, 2018 6:24 PM

[quote]She really did not want to hold his hand, man she despises him. Not that this is new information.

Well there goes whatever "good" press there was. The non-holding of the hands is eating up the internet!

by Anonymousreply 99April 24, 2018 6:28 PM

Vhen do I shoot canapes out my pussy, or fancy dinner out my ass?

by Anonymousreply 100April 24, 2018 6:28 PM

Melania lets go and let's him walk on, like the moron he is. She really does hate him.

by Anonymousreply 101April 24, 2018 6:29 PM

What a whore will do to be a legal. Melania would have been better dropping an anchor baby

by Anonymousreply 102April 24, 2018 6:34 PM

Mrs. Macron looks like grandma from the Beverly Hillbillies.

by Anonymousreply 103April 24, 2018 6:36 PM

My guess is he threatens about Barron and also about her parents. Who now live nearby but somehow got special status to live here.

by Anonymousreply 104April 24, 2018 6:36 PM

Yep, now the awkward handholding thing is dominating the headlines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105April 24, 2018 6:48 PM

It must kill him that he can’t physically beat her without it coming out. Enjoy your revenge Melania.

by Anonymousreply 106April 24, 2018 6:55 PM

Oh, my.....

(skip to 1:20)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107April 24, 2018 7:03 PM

R107 looked at no other posts before posting.

by Anonymousreply 108April 24, 2018 7:04 PM

Do I have to fuck Macron? I know chickest Virst Laidy had pony Macaroni. It is same, no?

by Anonymousreply 109April 24, 2018 7:10 PM

[quote]She didn't even hire an event planner for this dinner

If she had one, she wouldn't have chosen sweet pea and lilac for the center pieces. Both are strongly perfumey. It won't be pleasant for diners to eat with such a competing strong odor.

by Anonymousreply 110April 24, 2018 8:23 PM

LOL! This just dropped out of no where.

They realize that there are many problems here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111April 24, 2018 8:37 PM

The strog perfumy odours are to cut the greasy spoon stench emanating from Trump's pores.

by Anonymousreply 112April 24, 2018 8:37 PM

R111, how will people be able to tell the difference between the First Lady and the wax figure? I know I’d be confused.

by Anonymousreply 113April 24, 2018 8:42 PM

Macron is sexy. I would happily lick his hole. I wonder if Brigitte ever does that.

by Anonymousreply 114April 24, 2018 8:46 PM

Nicole Wallace is reporting that this meeting IS NOT playing well for Macron back in France. Trump is so hated that NO ONE wants their heads of governments to have any type of relationship with him.

by Anonymousreply 115April 24, 2018 8:50 PM

This made me laugh. Paul Rudnick on Twitter:

[quote]After all these years Melania is still auditioning for The Colbys

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116April 24, 2018 9:13 PM

Alexis? mais non! I need to see the video of Macron reacting to the hand drop heard round the world

by Anonymousreply 117April 24, 2018 9:17 PM

Yay no more 👩🏿👶🏿 Celebrities

by Anonymousreply 118April 24, 2018 9:20 PM

I LOVE Mel for: not bending her head for fuckface to kiss her and notably doing so for the Macrons, dropping that hand like a microphone (YASSS!), and looking like a gorgeous bitch ice queen to dumpster don's dippy deplorability - THANKS First Lady, for bringing the perfect bitchery.

by Anonymousreply 119April 24, 2018 9:25 PM

R119, Melanija used to suck on Trump’s tiny deploraballs. She’s lying birther-trash and gets no love from me.

by Anonymousreply 120April 24, 2018 9:31 PM

Melanoma deserves no credit for anything. She's a stupid slut and whore.

by Anonymousreply 121April 24, 2018 9:32 PM

That is your choice, R120. I loved me some blood moves from that bitch.

by Anonymousreply 122April 24, 2018 9:33 PM

Eeets all true! I'm peekink everytink! I'm in Vite House Keetchen right now cookink lambs. Also settink tables too. Vaerst Leddy very talented hostess. I do all dees tings and more!

by Anonymousreply 123April 24, 2018 9:35 PM

Does she know some poison potions, too? Now that would be useful.

by Anonymousreply 124April 24, 2018 9:39 PM

Thank you, as well, R120, for 'lying deploraballs' - I damn near choked on my afternoon cuppa.

This made my day. Ratchet on, ho's!

by Anonymousreply 125April 24, 2018 9:41 PM

I show pussy before or after ice cream?

by Anonymousreply 126April 24, 2018 9:53 PM

Ladyparts are required for shooting the choux, Mel. The cream comes after. Do keep up dear.

by Anonymousreply 127April 24, 2018 9:58 PM

She still has no command of the English language. This should be fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 128April 24, 2018 9:58 PM

It's bad enough they put that scarecrow in pink out in front to keep the buzzards from picking at this dead presidency, but they put that fatted summer hog behind her that surely drew flies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129April 24, 2018 10:06 PM

I can't believe Dump brushed imaginary "dandruff" off of Macron's suit. I thought I was watching SNL.

by Anonymousreply 130April 24, 2018 10:25 PM

"He must be perfect" - unlike me, who does not bother with such unmanly concerns. Fuck that Dumpty POS. He knew he looked terrible in comparison and showed it.

by Anonymousreply 131April 24, 2018 10:28 PM

Macron should have responded to dandruff-gate by viciously slapping the imaginary mosquito on Trump’s face.

Oh, c'est un moustique!!! Slap!

by Anonymousreply 132April 24, 2018 10:33 PM

CSpan 2 showing arrivals live. I think we missed Ivanka and Jared.

by Anonymousreply 133April 24, 2018 10:36 PM

In other words, R133, we missed nothing.

by Anonymousreply 134April 24, 2018 10:43 PM

Rupurt Murdoch and Jerry Hall just arrived.

by Anonymousreply 135April 24, 2018 10:45 PM

I can't see many A-list celebrities show up for this. Ditto for any kind of literary celebs. Sports? Anyone in sports that might show up? Who are they getting for entertainment because I can't see Beyoncé or Barbra agreeing to perform.

The only entertainment will probably be from some religious university choir section.

by Anonymousreply 136April 24, 2018 10:45 PM

Opera, R136, and not anyone I've heard of, and I follow Opera casually.

by Anonymousreply 137April 24, 2018 10:49 PM

How many whole raw onions will each guest receive?

by Anonymousreply 138April 24, 2018 10:51 PM

Those are the party favors, R138.

by Anonymousreply 139April 24, 2018 10:53 PM

A least von onion, I put in pussy, no?

by Anonymousreply 140April 24, 2018 10:54 PM

So - is it normal to wait 16 months to host the first state dinner? PS The menu is boring as hell.

Cherry Blossom branches in spring? Revolutionary! (Sorry - it's too Devil Wears Prada - florals in spring?)

by Anonymousreply 141April 24, 2018 10:54 PM

Jackie Evancho will be the only entertainment. Again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142April 24, 2018 10:55 PM

This would be an excellent time for Mellie to show off her fluency in French.

by Anonymousreply 143April 24, 2018 10:56 PM

They are using Clinton China BAHAHAHAHHAHAH

by Anonymousreply 144April 24, 2018 10:56 PM

And other "continental skills,' r143.

by Anonymousreply 145April 24, 2018 10:58 PM

Did anyone else see the Mnuchins arrival? Press shouted what are you looking forward to and the wife responded, "Everything French!"

by Anonymousreply 146April 24, 2018 10:59 PM

This red carpet should be going much more smoothly. Very poor organization.

Now the big deal will be what will Melania wear? A dress disinged by French designer or American designer?

by Anonymousreply 147April 24, 2018 10:59 PM

Yes, Louise is ripe to enjoy that old French tradition of the apres dinner guillotine.

by Anonymousreply 148April 24, 2018 11:02 PM

Since the White House china is purchased through private donations I assume fat boy is smart enough to know he could never get enough people to donate money so he could buy some "Trump china".

by Anonymousreply 149April 24, 2018 11:10 PM

I have to say the State Dining Room looks nice. It won't once the carpetbaggers all sit down to dinner, but as a decorated empty room she surprised me with the relative restraint. Didn't know she could do it.

The hat was ridiculous. Americans can't carry it off in America, it's just not what they do. And if it is to be done it's meant to frame or highlight your face, not hide it. She looks like a gun slinger at the OK Corral. And no one called Trump gets to wear the white hat.

by Anonymousreply 150April 24, 2018 11:11 PM

OMG. Kissinger!

by Anonymousreply 151April 24, 2018 11:13 PM

'gun slinger at the OK Corral' is what she was going for, R150. Did you miss the rim blocking with Spanky?

by Anonymousreply 152April 24, 2018 11:14 PM

Ivanka looked like she was wearing Gone With the Wind drapes!

by Anonymousreply 153April 24, 2018 11:15 PM

An homage to that era when the Drumpfs would have been southern plantation owners. You know they wish they were.

by Anonymousreply 154April 24, 2018 11:18 PM

Macron is late!

by Anonymousreply 155April 24, 2018 11:19 PM

Fashionably, I imagine.

by Anonymousreply 156April 24, 2018 11:22 PM

Dear God...what pretentious bullshit

by Anonymousreply 157April 24, 2018 11:23 PM

Spanky's first State dinner is not pretentious bullshit, R157. It's just Bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 158April 24, 2018 11:24 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159April 24, 2018 11:25 PM

Melania wearing Chanel!

by Anonymousreply 160April 24, 2018 11:28 PM

The country club Republicans of old are pretty much history now, what’s left is nothing but Baptists in cheap suits. Sure it’s going to be eye opening for the civilized French.

by Anonymousreply 161April 24, 2018 11:31 PM

[quote]Macron is sexy. I would happily lick his hole.

Deese eez also on meenu.

by Anonymousreply 162April 24, 2018 11:31 PM

Does Ivanka still wear her own crap? It looks it.

by Anonymousreply 163April 24, 2018 11:32 PM

Melania’s gown is pretty but it makes her look fat.

by Anonymousreply 164April 24, 2018 11:37 PM

45 is the first President in 100 years to have no state dinners in his first year.

I'm sure the agony is just killing him- no meatloaf or chocolate pie. And he doesn't even drink.

by Anonymousreply 165April 24, 2018 11:38 PM

This is the best Trump thread in a while. The "treason" pun threads are tired and shrill. Lots of insightful posts here. Thanks guys!

by Anonymousreply 166April 24, 2018 11:39 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167April 24, 2018 11:40 PM

Jerry Hall can't walk in stilettos anymore.

by Anonymousreply 168April 24, 2018 11:42 PM

R166, get out of here! This has been a very silly thread with a lot of amusing and pointed jabs. Meanwhile, there's a hot discussion about what the new legal team will do and how Sessions is treading water in the 23rd version of the Tre'asons thread that you characterize as 'tired and shrill'. Your attempt at distraction, after that concerning failure, has been noted.

by Anonymousreply 169April 24, 2018 11:44 PM

Jerry’s in her 60s Her heel wearing days are over.

by Anonymousreply 170April 24, 2018 11:45 PM

Ivanka looks like she's wearing a cheap, 90s prom dress.

by Anonymousreply 171April 24, 2018 11:54 PM

R48, wrong, wrong, wrong! R58 has it right. The Trumps never entertained or hosted dinners. They have no friends. New Yorkers hate the Trumps.

by Anonymousreply 172April 24, 2018 11:59 PM

That prom dress R171 cost $12,000.

by Anonymousreply 173April 25, 2018 12:10 AM

“What about prom, Jared?! What about prom?!”

by Anonymousreply 174April 25, 2018 12:12 AM

For surprise entertainment Ted Nugent’s gonna shred his guitar while Melania bumps and grinds provacatively.

by Anonymousreply 175April 25, 2018 12:16 AM

I don't care how much it cost, r173. It still looks like a cheap 90s, prom dress.

by Anonymousreply 176April 25, 2018 12:18 AM

[quote]china settings consist of the Clinton china for the baseplate, along with both Bush (43) and Clinton china for the dinner service.

She ain't touching that nasty Obama shit because everyone knows Michelle Obama had no taste.

by Anonymousreply 177April 25, 2018 12:21 AM

Evita for Evanka.

by Anonymousreply 178April 25, 2018 12:35 AM

Melanoma slays every fucking time. High fashion bitch!

by Anonymousreply 179April 25, 2018 12:35 AM

Vairst Letty no decide vitch dress, so mesh up. You likes? Step-defendant look like fat auntie in Gone vitch Vind.

by Anonymousreply 180April 25, 2018 12:38 AM

Melanoma's Twitter page is exactly how I'd imagine it to be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181April 25, 2018 12:54 AM

Melanoma looks like she's wearing a sequined apron over her dress and I have no idea what Louise Minton is wearing on her feet. Is she missing toes?

by Anonymousreply 182April 25, 2018 1:02 AM

I don't know what it is about this girl but very little she wears impresses me. The dress is very nice from the back but I would have liked this number more if it did not have the material at the bottom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183April 25, 2018 1:05 AM

Trump couldn't even button his jacket

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184April 25, 2018 1:07 AM

The dress is Chanel. Which kind of surprises me.

by Anonymousreply 185April 25, 2018 1:08 AM

[quote]The dress is Chanel. Which kind of surprises me.

She wears quality stuff but rarely has she worn anything that was showstopping to me.

by Anonymousreply 186April 25, 2018 1:14 AM

Focus on the dress. The dress is nice...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187April 25, 2018 1:19 AM

What did Kellyanne wear? Or did she just paint herself in human blood, let it dry and claim Adolfo?

by Anonymousreply 188April 25, 2018 1:23 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189April 25, 2018 1:24 AM

Und after ze dinner, mein step dotter vill dance ze flamenco.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190April 25, 2018 1:26 AM

Karen Pence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191April 25, 2018 1:42 AM

Sarah BucketaKFC Sanders

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192April 25, 2018 1:44 AM

Finally a fashinable first lady thatndoes not look like the help

by Anonymousreply 193April 25, 2018 1:51 AM

So was OUROWNDEARSARAH at this event? Or did she have to rush home to wash her hubby's feet from the dust of the day, and the feed the young 'uns?

by Anonymousreply 194April 25, 2018 1:53 AM

The complete guest list

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195April 25, 2018 1:57 AM

^ so fattie Sarah BucketaKFC Sanders made the list but Kellyanne did not. Kellyanne did not get invited to the first ever State Dinner.

I wouldn't snub Kellyanne Conway for a gold clock. She's mean.

by Anonymousreply 196April 25, 2018 2:04 AM

Wow the looks on the Macron's faces on r195's pic is priceless.

by Anonymousreply 197April 25, 2018 2:04 AM

*are" Sorry DL grammar queens!

by Anonymousreply 198April 25, 2018 2:05 AM

Mais Madame Macon est 107654 ans.

by Anonymousreply 199April 25, 2018 2:06 AM

[quote]Wow the looks on the Macron's faces on [R195]'s pic is priceless.

"Lewk at Zee's EEDIOT!"

by Anonymousreply 200April 25, 2018 2:11 AM

I would love to see the seating arrangements. Can you imagine Ouachiata Baptist University graduate Sarah Sanders sitting next to someone such as Christine Lagarde (first female head of the IMF and first female Chairman of Baker & McKenzie) and struggling to converse? The latter has a Masters degree in English and poor Sarah speaks in canned phrases/

by Anonymousreply 201April 25, 2018 2:13 AM

So no big names, no big celebrities. Even Mitt Romney could probably get a more distinguished guest list together.

by Anonymousreply 202April 25, 2018 2:24 AM

"Golly, Miz LeGard, you sure have a nice figure!"

"Thank you, my dear. After tonight, I will not eat again in 2018. Et si j'étais vous, je considérerais faire la même chose."

"Didja hear that, Miz Pence? She sez she's not gonna eat nothin' else in 2018!"

"...and deliver us from evil and from swear words and even just from unpleasant thoughts. And Jesus, please don't let any of these French sinners speak to me tonight with the lust in their hearts and alcohol on their breath and Jesus, please don't let Kellyanne Conway be mad at me or Father because she didn't get to come tonight, because you know, Jesus, I'd rather be home in my bed, reading YOUR book, than eating this food that I don't know what it is. Amen - and I mean men, Jesus, just like your good self. Sarah, is there any white bread in that basket?"

by Anonymousreply 203April 25, 2018 2:40 AM

On CNN, Don Lemon played a clip of Trump before the election saying that State Dinners should replaced by burgers around a conference table because they are too expensive.

by Anonymousreply 204April 25, 2018 2:59 AM

He forces a hand hold then walks away and in front of her again? He's just a tool.

by Anonymousreply 205April 25, 2018 3:01 AM

Il est mignon le petit lope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206April 25, 2018 3:03 AM

Where are pics of the decorated State Dining Room? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 207April 25, 2018 3:03 AM

VOILA!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208April 25, 2018 3:09 AM

Thanks! Looks OK though I've never been a fan of gilt-rimmed crystal.

by Anonymousreply 209April 25, 2018 3:12 AM

Encore!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210April 25, 2018 3:13 AM

Are there any prominent French Americans and were they invited?

by Anonymousreply 211April 25, 2018 3:17 AM

Brooke Shields and Jodie Foster, speaking their perfect French? Anthony Bourdain. What about Celine Dion.

by Anonymousreply 212April 25, 2018 3:22 AM

I too am not a fan of gilt edged stemware, but all in all the small dining room looks lovely.

And call me every name in the book and see if I give a fuck, Melania absolutely slayed in her white ensemble this afternoon. I have not seen her look so chic since the inauguration suit.

This does not mean I am joining her fan club, but I am a fan of an honest critique. She has looked like shit for the past few months up until the funeral in Texas. Today she looked like she had just returned from a week long stay at The Golden Door(how's that for a 80s reference?) and had the A team styling her.

by Anonymousreply 213April 25, 2018 3:33 AM

Melania wouldn't feed us. We only drank water. When do we pee?

by Anonymousreply 214April 25, 2018 3:39 AM

By far the most shocking aspect of the Dinner was the Ivanka coming in last year's Rodarte dress - previously worn by Kirsten Dunst. On CNN, they said Rodarte was contacted but were shocked themselves, since they were not involved or contacted, which means Ivanka took it out of their closet.

by Anonymousreply 215April 25, 2018 3:42 AM

@hunterlurie

[quote]which pink floyd album is this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216April 25, 2018 3:42 AM

Melania dear, it's been done.

by Anonymousreply 217April 25, 2018 3:43 AM

AntoineMokrane

[quote]Previously in Desperate housewives

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218April 25, 2018 3:44 AM

Lift from the legs....

by Anonymousreply 219April 25, 2018 4:28 AM

[quote]what’s left is nothing but Baptists in cheap suits

Indeed, I saw the picture of the Pences walking in. Did all that gilt induce guilt?

by Anonymousreply 220April 25, 2018 6:36 AM

For those of you who are saying that Jackie Evancho is the entertainment, no. She is singing the anthem. They are having some sort of chamber music/classical group perform for the entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 221April 25, 2018 7:20 AM

I heard it was singers from Washington opera, which is surprising since they are not classical music fans, and musicians tend to be more liberal.

by Anonymousreply 222April 25, 2018 7:43 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223April 25, 2018 9:20 AM

Trump hates events like this it diverts attention away from him. He becomes part of the scene not the focus of everyones attention.

by Anonymousreply 224April 25, 2018 9:27 AM

Do the Trumps eat gold too? Goldschlagger after dinner drinks I imagine would be apropos.

by Anonymousreply 225April 25, 2018 10:19 AM

OP = Log Cabin Queen

by Anonymousreply 226April 25, 2018 10:25 AM

[quote]Do the Trumps eat gold too? Goldschlagger after dinner drinks I imagine would be apropos.

If his base thinks he shits gold, you know they'd be swishing around for it with his feces in miner '49er pans.

by Anonymousreply 227April 25, 2018 11:08 AM

So Ivanka's dress cost $14,400 and Melania's dress was 'only' $12,000.

by Anonymousreply 228April 25, 2018 11:59 AM

[quote]So Ivanka's dress cost $14,400 and Melania's dress was 'only' $12,000.

And, you hear crickets from the right. Now, I want to be clear that I don't have a problem with the costs of their clothing. They have to pay for it themselves. But, it is the hypocrisy of the right which nearly makes me want to tear every building down.

Michelle Obama bought and wore a $600 jacket and the right nearly flipped out. Now, I do remember when the left acted stupidly too. Ann Romney wore some expensive blouse and some had a fit over that. I stuck up for Ann Romney. It's far past time to get over this clothing nonsense. Unless they are receiving something for free (that would be an illegal gift) or something untawdry, leave these women and their clothes alone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229April 25, 2018 12:11 PM

Agree r229. Attacking people over them wearing expensive clothing at these functions is stupid when people on the right or left do it.

by Anonymousreply 230April 25, 2018 12:17 PM

You can't expect people to not get angry at the undeserved wealthy wearing blouses that cost more than their cars, while passing laws designed to hurt or even kill the poor. Come on now. Don't be disingenuous.

by Anonymousreply 231April 25, 2018 12:20 PM

I only posted the cost figures to stir shit about competitive Ivanka wearing a more expensive dress than Melania. I was not criticizing them for the cost of the dresses. I don't care if they spend thousands of their own money. I do agree with R231 and R229.

by Anonymousreply 232April 25, 2018 12:28 PM

[quote]You can't expect people to not get angry at the undeserved wealthy wearing blouses that cost more than their cars,

A $600 jacket worn by Michelle Obama is worthy of more outrage than the $13K Holly Hobbie little girl style dress Ivanka wore to a State dinner?

by Anonymousreply 233April 25, 2018 1:29 PM

I wonder how much work for this dinner was really done by Melania. It’s not as if she had to stand in the kitchen and make her famous potica for dinner.

by Anonymousreply 234April 25, 2018 1:58 PM

Macron has got to be "playing" Trump, don't you think?

by Anonymousreply 235April 25, 2018 2:11 PM

The room and tables

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236April 25, 2018 2:54 PM

Macron has a history of trying to win people over in face to face encounters r235, always thinks he can seduce them.

He is doing his best to see if he can manipulate Trump into doing the right things. Nice article about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237April 25, 2018 2:57 PM

Okay. I don't like her dress. It just doesn't move well. Maybe, it's just her. She's seems uncomfortable in everything she wears.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238April 25, 2018 3:02 PM

[quote]She's seems uncomfortable in everything she wears.

Interesting point, especially that her trim figure would suggest that she could wear just about anything.

We all know about Jacqueline Kennedy and how she looked marvelous in everything she wore, but even ol' Betty Ford looked like she was having fun, dancing with Prince Philip

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239April 25, 2018 3:13 PM

Melania always has a look on her face that alternates between terror and boredom. She'll never look good in anything with that mug.

by Anonymousreply 240April 25, 2018 3:17 PM

Because she just wanted to live her comfortable life in her New York with her kid r240. She never wanted this First Lady shit.

by Anonymousreply 241April 25, 2018 3:19 PM

Like, I liked her in this Carolina Herrera, (which cost $3K, BTW. There's a problem and the WH knows it. They're throwing figures around like they're nothing) but she does nothing for it. Maybe it's not accessorized correctly, or her hair, or.... I don't know... she wears the dress as if it's "just there".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242April 25, 2018 3:27 PM

It's because she's most comfortable naked.

by Anonymousreply 243April 25, 2018 3:38 PM

The Frenchies showed the Yankees how to dress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244April 25, 2018 3:41 PM

I would refuse to meet the Trumps. Macron and wife are filth.

by Anonymousreply 245April 25, 2018 3:51 PM

Why are Melania and Ivanka not being eviscerated for not wearing American fashion? Oh, right. The double standard that the repigs love to wallow in.

by Anonymousreply 246April 25, 2018 6:20 PM

Is French just one of the many, many languages Melanie speaks fluently?

by Anonymousreply 247April 25, 2018 6:26 PM

French is one of the things she can DO fluently, r247.

by Anonymousreply 248April 25, 2018 6:32 PM

No first lady has really been held to that PC nonsense of wearing only American fashion. It is entirely appropriate to wear French fashion to host the French head of state.

by Anonymousreply 249April 25, 2018 6:37 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250April 25, 2018 6:51 PM

You just know that somewhere in the back of her mind Melanija Knavs knows that everyone has seen her naked photos, including the Macrons. In that room full of guests she is the only one whose fake tits and pussy can be looked up on the internet. And she knows it.

by Anonymousreply 251April 25, 2018 7:01 PM

Europeans are less puritanical about that stuff, r251.

by Anonymousreply 252April 25, 2018 7:04 PM

And Brigitte is a cradle robber. Even Steven, FLOTUS probably reasoned.

Is it true Brigitte has declined the "title" of First Lady and her own budget??????

by Anonymousreply 253April 25, 2018 7:15 PM

Well Madame Macron looked entirely too matronly for the entire visit. While I don't much like the tinsel-ish look I think Melania dress was OK. The thin is Melania ends up being just a little too flashy a little too overdressed. Maybe it's because I got used to the way Michelle Obama always looked so comfortable in her clothes and because we saw her in casual wear too. But Melania is almost always dressed up. It's as if she wants to make sure she is being The First Lady. Or WTF ever.

by Anonymousreply 254April 25, 2018 7:23 PM

[quote]Well Madame Macron looked entirely too matronly for the entire visit.

I think they looked GREAT. They paid attention to all details.

[quote]French President Emmanuel Macron Has the Hottest Security in Global Politics--The first couple of France is protected by a truly chic security force.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255April 25, 2018 7:26 PM

Melania doesn't really have a lot going on besides playing dress up, does she?

by Anonymousreply 256April 25, 2018 7:27 PM

Well r256, she has......she's busy with......she's passionate about.......

by Anonymousreply 257April 25, 2018 7:35 PM

Melania is ending bullying. Well, by everyone besides the orange toad she's married to.

by Anonymousreply 258April 25, 2018 7:39 PM

Sean Hannity almost said something very intelligent last night regarding the State Dinner at the White House. He told Laura Ingraham that, if invited, he would wear blue jeans to the dinner.

He could have said that blue jeans are made of Denim. And that Denim is an American adaptation of the name of a French fabric called "Serge De Nimes" (Nimes being the town in which it was made). He was right on the edge of clever but, as is typical at Faux News, he was pulled back in the nick of time by Laura Ingraham who displayed her characteristic "cluelessness under fire".

by Anonymousreply 259April 25, 2018 7:58 PM

This girl can't win

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260April 25, 2018 9:09 PM

Yuk pls do not post picture of fug Michael

by Anonymousreply 261April 25, 2018 9:18 PM

Melania IS a wax figure......

by Anonymousreply 262April 25, 2018 9:31 PM

Melania has been slaying the world for the last few days. She's merely cementing her husband's reelection in 2020.

Way to go, Mel!!

by Anonymousreply 263April 25, 2018 9:39 PM

The wax figure looks much more lively than the real thing.

by Anonymousreply 264April 25, 2018 9:40 PM

r263 is lost.

by Anonymousreply 265April 25, 2018 9:41 PM

The only thing Mel cemented was the understanding of how much she hates him.

by Anonymousreply 266April 25, 2018 9:45 PM

R266, she doesn’t hate him enough to stop taking his money.

by Anonymousreply 267April 25, 2018 9:53 PM

Really, R267? I've heard that he's a fucking cheapskate and made her buy her own clothes and jewels. I'm not defending her, that's her choice as to whether she stays or goes. I just love the drama she brings on these occasions.

by Anonymousreply 268April 25, 2018 10:01 PM

R268, where would Melania get the money to support her expensive taste? Trump might be a cheapskate, but she hasn’t earned enough money to splurge on a $51K coat to wear for a day.

Regardless of how much I hate Trump, Melania’s life would not be as cozy as it is without the old man’s money.

by Anonymousreply 269April 25, 2018 10:20 PM

She had a jewelry and watch design company he initially bankrolled during their marriage and the outfits she wears as First Lady are sent to her by numerous designers. No matter what her background is, her current role allows for tons of free exposure for these design houses at absolutely no cost to Mrs. Trump. They are considered loans and not gifts.

by Anonymousreply 270April 25, 2018 10:23 PM

[quote] but she hasn’t earned enough money to splurge on a $51K coat to wear for a day.

And, she didn't splurge on that either. There are different ways to get around these various clothing rules and regs. Many of the designers wanted to let the FLOTUS borrow the clothes--a la Nancy Reagan, but that against the law. Now, they have come up with something that if the designer donates the clothing to the FLOTUS and then she turns it over to the Smithsonian.

by Anonymousreply 271April 25, 2018 10:24 PM

R270/R271, getting free clothing IS one of the perks of being married to Trump. Being FLOTUS is another one. Nobody would be sending her anything if she wasn’t married to him.

I keep hearing how much she detests him and all these emotions and scenarios that are being projected on a woman who’s as deep as an empty cereal box. Where do people get that she’s being threatened by Trump or that she’s too frightened to file for divorce, etc., when she’s obviously not too frightened to slap his hand away in public with the entire world watching.

She’s not innocent. She’s just as disgusting as her husband.

by Anonymousreply 272April 25, 2018 10:38 PM

She is what she is, R272, but this doesn't prevent me from enjoying the show. She didn't get much in the way of freebies as just plain ol' Mrs. Drumpf. She seldom went anywhere she had to wear the high-end designer clothes she's sporting now. I don't like her as a person, but I will acknowledge that she is beautiful and that her current level of bitchiness is great entertainment. It's delicious fun to see Drumpf served some disrespect in the middle of the pomp.

by Anonymousreply 273April 25, 2018 10:43 PM

[quote][R270]/[R271], getting free clothing IS one of the perks of being married to Trump. Being FLOTUS is another one. Nobody would be sending her anything if she wasn’t married to him.

They PAY for their clothes. Read up on Nancy Reagan and what problems that she caused;

[quote]Though, it should be noted that both Trump and Obama were paying for the vast majority of their wardrobes out of pocket. Ethics rules state that first ladies can accept clothing as gifts from designers, but the clothing becomes property of the government and is sent to the National Archives. We should also note that it's likely that Mrs. Trump still relies on pieces from her wardrobe from her pre-political days as well.

Also, I don't know about this girl but Ivana was NOTORIOUS for walking down Madison Ave with her personal seamstress and having knock-off copies made--The Trumps are just hated in NYC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274April 25, 2018 10:48 PM

And, this is why I say that this White House knows that there is a problem with the White House and this girl. I have NEVER seen a White House give up the prices so easily of the FLOTUS wardrobe. This is usually a rabbit hunt exercise among the fashionistas to find "who it is"; "where you can get it"; and "how much does it cost"?

She's not paying for this stuff either. Trump wouldn't pay for this. Designers are loaning her stuff and then garments are going to the National Archive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275April 25, 2018 10:57 PM

R274, interesting read, thanks for the link. Even though “Michale Kors” made an appearance in the article. We need to send some of our resident spelling bee DL’ers over to W.

by Anonymousreply 276April 25, 2018 10:58 PM

What President Bush, Jr said when he got the monthly bill to pay for his White House expenses which included Mrs. Bush's clothing;

DAMN! It's expensive to be the POTUS!!!

In many ways, it's unfair to the FLOTUS. She receives no salary or does she receive a budget.

by Anonymousreply 277April 25, 2018 11:03 PM

Melania’s Chanel looked curiously casual, also very 1997 - a sequinned lace overlay atop a satin sheath was just the look then.

I think it needed some gloves and an updo.

But overall the whole look seemed cheap and I put this down to her grooming as much as to the dress.

by Anonymousreply 278April 26, 2018 12:29 PM

Aristotle Onassis used to complain that Jackie spent way too much money on clothes. But in one of her biographies it was revealed that Jackie would often have her maid or her assistant take her clothes to some high end resale shop in Manhattan and re sell them. She stashed away a lot of money doing that.

As for Melania I have say she or her handlers just don't get it and she is also probably being fed a line of horse shit by her well meaning designer friends. Even with Jackie, yes she was a fashion icon, but Jackie's outfits her style was accessible. Women were wearing pill box hats and A-line skirts and dresses for years. And that is basically it. What a First Lady wears can be expensive, it can be fashionable but it has to also be accessible. Now Michelle had it down. She got it. Because yes, she could wear an Alexander McQueen to a formal state occasion, but 90% of the time her choices were accessible. The look was accessible. Melania has dressed for the noveau rich Euro Trash buffoons and the sleazy hustlers and developers that populate her husband's world, wear ever day is New Year's Eve, and even when she tries to be subdued in her choices as she was on Inauguration Day, there's still that flash that comes out. She's hit and miss.

by Anonymousreply 279April 26, 2018 12:42 PM

Say what you want about Melania, but she truly loves her son. And throws a fabulous party!

by Anonymousreply 280April 26, 2018 12:44 PM

[quote]Melania has been slaying the world for the last few days. She's merely cementing her husband's reelection in 2020.

Yes, Robert Mueller is sure now to ease up on his deep forensic research into Trump's dubious networks because FLOTUS ticked the right boxes for a good party. We can all now indulge in laughter and forgetting, due to pretty candlelight.

Macron totally owned Trump with that mature panoptic speech. He used the platform brilliantly to speak to the world, and make his host look like the fifth-rate vulgarian he is. It's Macron who slayed the world, not the party-planner.

by Anonymousreply 281April 26, 2018 2:08 PM

R281 Well said!

by Anonymousreply 282April 26, 2018 2:10 PM

[quote]I think it needed some gloves and an updo.

That's what I thought too.

by Anonymousreply 283April 26, 2018 2:14 PM

[quote]Macron totally owned Trump with that mature panoptic speech. He used the platform brilliantly to speak to the world, and make his host look like the fifth-rate vulgarian he is. It's Macron who slayed the world, not the party-planner.

VERY TRUE! Even the republicans were standing up and applauding. Now, many of them didn't know what they were applauding for (they're such monkeys), in my opinion but they made that room look real good!

If it is picked up that Macron is now the leader of the free world it will not only send Trump into orbit BUT many Americans (especially Trump supporters) too!. We will have no one to blame but ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 284April 26, 2018 2:15 PM

What was Trump doing during Macron's speech? He's got the attention span of a gnat.

by Anonymousreply 285April 26, 2018 2:45 PM

[quote]What was Trump doing during Macron's speech? He's got the attention span of a gnat.

That is of no consequence. It's all about what are the headlines saying

by Anonymousreply 286April 26, 2018 2:52 PM

I'm curious so it's of consequence. Was he pouting, fidgeting, zoning out?

by Anonymousreply 287April 26, 2018 2:56 PM

All of the above, if past performance is any indication, R287.

by Anonymousreply 288April 26, 2018 2:58 PM

Macron reads him correctly, but he also underestimates the unstable psycho monster he's dealing with. Macron in effect, said he was humoring Trump, on the Iran deal and he, Macron will be the honest broker once Trump gets out of the Obama deal, and Macron will "help " Trump remake the deal. So IMO, Trump is going to say a few ufkattering things about Macron and be a real hard ass about Iran.

by Anonymousreply 289April 26, 2018 3:01 PM

[quote]Now, many of them didn't know what they were applauding for

How so? The speech was being translated.

by Anonymousreply 290April 26, 2018 3:03 PM

[quote]You just know that somewhere in the back of her mind Melanija Knavs knows that everyone has seen her naked photos, including the Macrons. In that room full of guests she is the only one whose fake tits and pussy can be looked up on the internet. And she knows it.

I was thinking this during Bab Bush's funeral. She was the only woman there who had posed nude and simulated lesbian foreplay for a camera in order to earn a living. Though I suspect she wasn't the only one there who had received payment for accompanying wealthy men. (It's Houston, after all) Short of the woman in the coffin, she was likely the least educated woman in the church and Babs left college in an era where only a minority of women were afforded a college education and it was only as a means to find a better quality husband who could earn. Sure, Europeans are less uptight about this, but is there a current first lady in the world whose primary source of income at one point in her life came from sex work? I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 291April 26, 2018 3:08 PM

R291, is there a current first lady in the world who posed nude other than Melania?  I don't know. But a recent past First Lady, Carla Bruni of France, did.  Peru has a sex worker running for office and a few years back Italy had a pron star run for office (she may have won too).  Hangups about sex and nudity aren't universal.  As I,said up thread, Europeans are less puritanical.

by Anonymousreply 292April 26, 2018 4:06 PM

I think of Melania as the First Spokes Model. Trump is paying her bigly to stick around and play wife. For her it's all just an act, she's playing a part while compartmentalizing her emotions. Turn the letter, Vana, and smile. It's easy when you're getting a big check. All she has to do is look good and act pleasant. I bet trump has promised her a big payoff when she finally divorces him when he leaves office. It's a risk, though, he's known for not paying his bills.

by Anonymousreply 293April 26, 2018 5:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!