Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The wallet to die for

What's your favorite wallet? I prefer one with a coin pouch, enough slots for my credit cards, a bill pouch that holds the multi-sized colorful trashy Euro notes as well as the sexier refined American dollars, last a long time, have an RFID blocking layer (Requirement added in 2016), and also super slim and not bulky, like you get with cheap leather. And at least 6% of the times you pull it out to pay for something, someone should say "Nice wallet!". What's the maximum that would be acceptable to spend on such a find? Any particular brands? I kind of like this one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 24, 2018 3:54 PM

Fendi Monster wallet with eyes in red.

by Anonymousreply 1April 23, 2018 4:34 PM

Coin pouch ? Are you a great grandmother ?

by Anonymousreply 2April 23, 2018 4:35 PM

r2 have you traveled or lived in Europe? I'm guessing not. They hand out 1 and 2 Euro coins as change for EVERYTHING. It's not like it is in the states.

by Anonymousreply 3April 23, 2018 4:37 PM

R2 ^^^^can't get into bars yet

by Anonymousreply 4April 23, 2018 4:37 PM

That Fendi wallet is actually kind of cute (couldn't find the red eye one). I've never seen those before. How old could one be before having that wallet would look ridiculous?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 23, 2018 4:38 PM

After I bought my monster wallet, I found out it was for men! I don’t know any men who’d carry that thing. I thought it was made as joke for girls.

by Anonymousreply 6April 23, 2018 4:39 PM

r6 it'd be a good wallet for a sci-fi nerd/hipster.

by Anonymousreply 7April 23, 2018 4:40 PM

I have a wallet I carry in a zipped pocket or throw in a bag. Wallets are for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 8April 23, 2018 4:40 PM

This one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 23, 2018 4:43 PM

Mine is red with white eyes, metal irises and a black thunderbolt on top. Honestly, they’re so fun to carry, I think any age can wear them.

I grabbed the thunderbolt red one the instant I saw it, it had my name all over it!

by Anonymousreply 10April 23, 2018 4:44 PM

That Flipside wallet is pretty neat too. I'm wary of hard wallets though - do they hurt to sit down in them?

by Anonymousreply 11April 23, 2018 4:47 PM

I like the Flipside suggestion, but love the zip arounds from "Property Of" though no RFID.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 23, 2018 4:47 PM

I do not generally place myself inside the wallet, R11, but I imagine that doing so and then sitting would hurt a great deal.

I carry it in my front pocket.

by Anonymousreply 13April 23, 2018 4:50 PM

I've been using this one for the last couple of years. It's basically a metal tray with a really high quality elastic band around the middle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 23, 2018 4:50 PM

I always get coin pocket wallets too, OP. Very convenient for European and Canadian travel, but also for USA. It’s nice to be able to find six pennies for tax, or a few quarters for parking without having to dig around. I get all my wallets from Fossil. They cost around 30-60 dollars apiece. Last time I was at the Fossil store, the saleslady told me that their coin pocket wallets were the most popular items, and Fossil now made them in all their design lines.

by Anonymousreply 15April 23, 2018 4:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 23, 2018 4:59 PM

I had a boss that REALLY loved Angry Birds and was also a fake obnoxious asshole, so I associate that and Jaguars with him now :-o Cute otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 17April 23, 2018 5:00 PM

I just ordered the wrap wallet by Thread and Leather. It isn't here yet but I've got high hopes. Not inexpensive but I'm hoping it will be just what I've been looking for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 23, 2018 5:04 PM

Taxi wallet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 23, 2018 5:17 PM

I also have the little monster bag which goes with it.

Not a hipster but huge nerd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 23, 2018 5:21 PM

One that fits in my pockets.

by Anonymousreply 21April 23, 2018 5:22 PM

I'm currently coveting this, but can't quite bring myself to spend $300 on a card case:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 23, 2018 5:49 PM

r22 so you put cards on the outside and money on the inside - it must be for a purse, right?

by Anonymousreply 23April 23, 2018 6:03 PM

WTF uses cash for ANYTHING anymore?

I mean other than DL's techphobic eldergays.

This is the only wallet you need

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 23, 2018 6:11 PM

r24 people who travel in Europe. You don't really want to be whipping credit cards out everywhere. I mainly use mine for online purchases.

by Anonymousreply 25April 23, 2018 6:13 PM

r23, it could be for a pocket or a purse, for man or a woman, and you can use the zippered compartment for cash, coins, or more cards. It's a unisex item that they have variations of listed for men and women (although, they're all pretty much identical except for color options).

by Anonymousreply 26April 23, 2018 6:23 PM

I travel in Europe quite frequently R25 and other than small out of the way villages, where they only take cash, you can use Apple pay or Samsung pay or a credit card for everything.

Why is using a credit card in Paris or Vienna or even Barcelona scary to you but using one in NYC or Dallas is not?

I mean beyond the DL Maiden Aunt thing?

by Anonymousreply 27April 23, 2018 6:25 PM

R6, I love it!

by Anonymousreply 28April 23, 2018 6:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 23, 2018 6:26 PM

R2 I don't want to dig into pants pockets to find change. And, BTW, I'm not an Elder.

by Anonymousreply 30April 23, 2018 6:28 PM

R24, why the condescending attitude towards people choosing to pay cash? I pay in multiple ways and always carry cash so I can have an option. I don't care to have my purchases tracked, either, but I suppose your expectations of privacy are a lot lower than mine. There are more than a few of my favorite non-corporate shops that don't take credit or use apps. Choice is a good thing!

by Anonymousreply 31April 23, 2018 6:29 PM

r27 they charge you extra to use credit cards in many places in Europe, for one. It's against VISA and Mastercard's rules, but the EU allows it (at least it did until recently). I'm guessing you only go to large cities. They don't have to be "small out of the way places". Regardless I didn't say they didn't take credit cards, just that cash seems to be more desirable. It's cheaper, for one, and mostly guaranteed to be accepted, versus Apple Pay or Samsung pay (which I have never seen, despite Samsung's attempts to make it a thing). Why does the idea that cash is still preferred overseas trouble you so where you have to try to ridicule others for it? What are you afraid of?

by Anonymousreply 32April 23, 2018 6:30 PM

R24, I am not an elder gay, (32!) but I do use cash for all my purchases. Using cash helps me stick to my budget, and be in control of my spending. I only carry credit cards when I am traveling. I do get some funny looks when filling up at the gas station, though. A fill up for the SUV can easily reach $90, since it only takes premium, and the attendants get pissed when I pull out a 100 bill

by Anonymousreply 33April 23, 2018 7:47 PM

I like this little number from Diesel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 23, 2018 9:29 PM

Thanks R28!

by Anonymousreply 35April 23, 2018 11:15 PM

[quote][R24], I am not an elder gay, (32!)

Oh, honey...

by Anonymousreply 36April 24, 2018 3:33 PM

This fabulous queen who is spouting off about traveling in Europe and not carrying cash clearly shows his imagined grandiosity - when you “travel in Europe” you must stay in hostels - or I guess you don’t tip the bellman and hotel staff. I’m guessing your real vacations include a moldy smelling room in a budget hotel inland from Myrtle Beach .

by Anonymousreply 37April 24, 2018 3:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!