Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Recommend me a horror movie

I like the ones with Vera Farmiga. And Gerald's Game was good, too. And then I saw The Boy, which was so bad.

Which horror movies do you like? I have the VVitch on my list as well as The Exorcist.

Nothing with poo and vomit, please.

by Anonymousreply 19May 11, 2018 1:47 PM

Uhm The Exorcist is all about vomit.

The movies that scare me most aren’t always genre horror movies. A few that I love, not only because they are scary but they’re actual good movies that are unnerving, include: Mulholland Drive, Melancholia, Rosemary’s Baby, The Talented Mr. Ripley, The Others, Pan’s Labyrinth, Eyes Wide Shut, Pi. Good genre horrors IMO include Carrie, The Omen, The Ring, Jaws.

Bad horror movies can be fun, but they never scare me.

by Anonymousreply 1April 23, 2018 12:17 PM

Oh, I enjoyed The Skeleton Key. It’s schlocky but it did give a few good scares.

by Anonymousreply 2April 23, 2018 12:18 PM

It's called Cheeto TV.

by Anonymousreply 3April 23, 2018 12:21 PM

I liked the Omen remake with Liev.

by Anonymousreply 4April 23, 2018 1:02 PM

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO AUNT ALICE ..... ? ? ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 10, 2018 4:33 AM

Klute.

by Anonymousreply 6May 10, 2018 4:36 AM

Mommie Dearest.

Horrible and horrific!

by Anonymousreply 7May 10, 2018 4:38 AM

[quote] Recommend me a horror movie

I highly recommend a second grade English class

by Anonymousreply 8May 10, 2018 4:50 AM

What about "The Orphan". THERE is something wrong with Ester!

by Anonymousreply 9May 10, 2018 5:06 AM

Two favorites are "Asylum" and "Tales From the Crypt" Campy AND scary, they were Anglo-American productions from the early 70s. I think you can watch them both at Snag Films. Quite a few stars (or who would be, in time) from both sides of the pond-Barbara Parkins, Robert Powell, Joan Collins..

Francis Ford Coppola's debut, "Dementia 13".

"The Hills Have Eyes" The original film. Closest I've ever come to actually cr*pping my pants.

by Anonymousreply 10May 10, 2018 5:49 AM

Texas Chainsaw Massace (1974). Carrie (1976), The Fly (1986), Friday the 13th 1-4, the shining, black Christmas (1974), terror train, prom night (1980), happy birthday to me, bloody birthday, maniac, curtains, when a stranger calls, suspiria, cape fear, babadook, silence of the lambs, fire walk with me, play Misty for me, poltergeist 2, audition, phenomena, motel hell, New Years evil, gozu, holy mountain, el topo, irreversible, the machinist, New Years evil, tales from the darkside the series, excision, old boy, memento, full metal jacket, deer hunter, ms 45, trick r treat, scanners, play Misty for me, scream 1 & 2, basket case, driller killer, baking him a cake every well. Vanessa was Me the th 90's and she is NOT down with this administration. Pete pay me and I'll bounce

by Anonymousreply 11May 10, 2018 5:51 AM

Oh i forgot ALDI brand fiber drinks. 97% affective

by Anonymousreply 12May 10, 2018 5:52 AM

As effective as watching "The Hills Have Eyes", R12?

Hehe.

by Anonymousreply 13May 10, 2018 6:04 AM

Hostel is one of the scariest movies ever.

Mostly because you know that it's happening somewhere in the world. There are some very sick and twisted people out there, who would get off on that kind of thing.

by Anonymousreply 14May 10, 2018 12:58 PM

"The Haunting." The 1963 original, with Julie Harris and Claire Bloom, not the awful remake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 10, 2018 1:07 PM

Does anyone know an old horror movie that ends with a man having a heart attack on his back on the floor, and a woman grapps his heart pills and tips them on the floor in front of him and dances?? Saw this on tv when I was about nine years old.

by Anonymousreply 16May 10, 2018 1:14 PM

That reminds me; "How Awful About Allan" is a good TV movie from the 1970s with Julie Harris and Anthony Perkins. Not the one described in R16 but scary and well done.

by Anonymousreply 17May 10, 2018 1:23 PM

The original "Night of the Living Dead" from 1968 is a classic. Made for something like $20,000, it's still tense and scary today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 10, 2018 1:27 PM

R9

I figured the whole thing out from the ad. So so movie.

by Anonymousreply 19May 11, 2018 1:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!