Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

CONFESSION: I am absolutely obsessed with a colleague of mine

I'm a gay man, single. He's a gay man in a long term relationship. We have been working together for the past two years and we get on very well. But I fell in love with him (cliche, I know) and I never really told him about my feelings because I know he his someone I will never have. It would be very embarrassing for me to tell him and then continue working with him. I started having feelings for him back in December of 2016, then it sort of passed last spring and now [almost a year later] it's back on again. But it's much more intensive. I keep looking at his Instagram & Facebook accounts, scroll through his comments, likes etc. It's terribly unhealthy and I've having trouble sleeping & losing weight rapidly because I started smoking again and it totally killed my appetite. I spotted him running errands downtown last week and followed him for almost an hour. It's possible that I wanted to :bump into him by accident" and wanted to start a conversation or buy him a coffee or something like that but then I changed my mind. No idea why. I've never done something like that in my life ever before. It was shameful and twisted.

He's a genuinely nice person who cares about others but very introverted. It was hard to find a connection with him because it's very hard for him to connect with people, maintain relationships with them and open up to them. And his boyfriend stopped appearing in his social media posts and pictures [during the last two months] which is sort of weird and suspicious. I would like to stop this shit once and for all but it's like running in circles.

You will probably laugh at this and mock me endlessly but I really wanted and needed some advice because I haven't told this to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 86July 7, 2018 3:08 AM

Cut the relationship off. It's unhealthy your obsession for what you cannot have.

by Anonymousreply 1April 23, 2018 10:03 AM

And I'm all like, "why are so obsessed with me?"

by Anonymousreply 2April 23, 2018 10:05 AM

You are not respecting two other people, OP. Aside from yourself as well. He’s spoken for. What he does on his own time is NONE of your fucking business.

by Anonymousreply 3April 23, 2018 10:42 AM

Your behavior is very unhealthy and if you don’t stop it immediately it’s going to grow and cause problems in other aspects of your life. You are wasting energy in pursuit of something unattainable instead of using that energy for something beneficial and positive.

by Anonymousreply 4April 23, 2018 11:32 AM

You’re stalking him. Stop.

by Anonymousreply 5April 23, 2018 11:38 AM

Unrequited love is absolute agony. And it doesn’t sound like this guy is giving you much to go on. If you cut yourself off his social media and obsessive thoughts (the latter easier said than done), it will free up all that space for you to start working toward something (or someone) who will bring you happiness. As opposed to your current situation which is making you sick. Literally. Be good to yourself and cut the cord. You will be happier in the long term for it. Good luck, OP. He is not the end all, be all. Trust me.

by Anonymousreply 6April 23, 2018 11:44 AM

OP, I will give you some sympathy because I suspect mostly you will get either vitriol or smug admonishments ("Stop being self-destructive" "This is unhealthy, get over it"). This is such a tough thing and I've been there before (and, after years in a wonderful relationship, am there again with someone else). I would really encourage you to talk to someone about it - a trusted friend, a therapist. Keeping it bottled up inside only enhances the obsessiveness. And - if possible and I know it's difficult - stop following him on social media. Again it just leads down a path of speculation, obsessiveness, a roller-coaster of emotions based on no real knowledge at all except what you're projecting. It's self-torture. I do think withdrawing a bit of contact with him might be helpful, just slowing it down. Trying to find pleasure in other things in life (books, working out, time with friends, good food, etc.) And I know in your current state even the most attractive men will seem wanting compared to this guy, but in my experience the only effective way to get over this is to develop even a minor crush on someone else. Ignore the catty shit you may hear on this board; many many people have experienced this too and it's a bitch and we sympathize. You may just have to ride it out and let time do some of the healing. Oh, and STOP SMOKING!!!

by Anonymousreply 7April 23, 2018 11:52 AM

R6 and R7 give me hope. People can be kind!!!!

by Anonymousreply 8April 23, 2018 11:55 AM

You could befriend then poison his boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 9April 23, 2018 11:56 AM

Please see a therapist, OP. You deserve to have feelings for someone who is able to return them and he doesn't deserve being stalked like he is an inanimate object. Get help to get healthy and move onto better things for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 10April 23, 2018 11:59 AM

Firm rule for the workplace echos something the animal kingdom has known for eons. Never shit where you eat.

by Anonymousreply 11April 23, 2018 12:02 PM

Have you tried casting a love spell on this guy?

by Anonymousreply 12April 23, 2018 12:27 PM

SLUT HOMEWRECKER

The worse he can say is no.

by Anonymousreply 13April 23, 2018 12:40 PM

Maybe he wants something on the side. Go for it, OP.

Just hope that his boyfriend isn’t anything like me, however. If someone was after my boyfriend and I found out about it, I’d hunt him down like a Liam Neeson flick. Especially if he was big as me—I love fighting big guys. But I can’t bring myself to beat up a little feminine dude, even if he’s a masculine top. I’d probably just follow him home and rape him in that case.

by Anonymousreply 14April 23, 2018 12:49 PM

I second what R7 said on finding small pleasures in life. In my case what helped was taking up tennis after a long very break, it just sucked me in and gradually I became really involved (playing local leagues etc.). I guess it worked because the game gave me a lot of satisfaction which was somewhat addictive in the overall sea of misery which I was experiencing. Obviously this was trading one kind of obsession for another, but sport was much easier to navigate and after some time it was easier to bring it back to some sensible level of interest so it now fits nicely with my life.

by Anonymousreply 15April 23, 2018 12:58 PM

I'm of the "you're not married until you're married" mentality. I would proposition him so there would be nothing between us to interpret. He will probably reject you and then you can move on.

by Anonymousreply 16April 23, 2018 12:58 PM

"It's terribly unhealthy..."

Bingo. It's unhealthy. You know it. Now we all know it. Call a therapist today. Do not allow this unhealthy situation to continue.

by Anonymousreply 17April 23, 2018 1:00 PM

This is immaturity. I used to develop these unrequited crushes, but haven't for years. Looking back on it, i realize that was the working of an (my) adolescent mind.

We all develop at a unique rate. Nothing anyone can say to you will stop the feelings. But simply deciding that you will stop this behavior and way of thinking can make huge advances in your personal development. So take yourself in hand, recognize the childish nature of this whole thing, and move on to other people and things.

by Anonymousreply 18April 23, 2018 1:31 PM

R18 understands nothing of OP's problem.

An adult stalking another adult, not just online, but also out in the community, is a clear sign that some professional help is required.

by Anonymousreply 19April 23, 2018 1:44 PM

It would be helpful to know a bit more of OP's relationship with his obsession before everyone starts raining down judgments and advice. Like, how close are you at work? Do you talk about your personal lives? Does he confide in you? Is there any physical affection between you? Does he know you're gay? Or is this just a crush from afar and your actual personal contact is not that significant?

by Anonymousreply 20April 23, 2018 3:17 PM

How old are the two of you?

by Anonymousreply 21April 23, 2018 3:40 PM

Again, OP, have you tried magic or working the secret on him?

by Anonymousreply 22April 23, 2018 4:24 PM

I am sympathetic but it is important that you cut things off with him, even if you have to find another job. You are heading down the slippery slope toward stalking this guy. And you don't want to shit where you live when it comes to that. You will lose. And then you will have something else to become bitter about.

by Anonymousreply 23April 23, 2018 4:57 PM

Change jobs. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 24April 23, 2018 5:01 PM

Bitch, you sound absolutely insane.

by Anonymousreply 25April 23, 2018 5:57 PM

I sympathize OP, it's a bitch of a habit to break because seeing the object of one's affection on social media, etc, actually brings happiness everyday, for five seconds. Then the rest of the day is agony. And longing. Then repeat the next day.

In my experience the only thing that works is time. There comes a day when you realize that the person you loved was the version of that person that you had created in their image, that's all there is to it. You had loved an illusion and had wasted considerable time and heartache on that.

I hope for you that you can move on quickly and stop hurting.

At least you're losing weight. There's always that.

by Anonymousreply 26April 23, 2018 6:11 PM

OP you need to find an outlet to channel your energy are there any gay social groups where you live? Join one you might meet someone you can focus your attention on.

by Anonymousreply 27April 23, 2018 7:41 PM

OP, do you think of him when your masturbate?

If so, why don't you think of me instead.

by Anonymousreply 28April 23, 2018 7:43 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 23, 2018 7:45 PM

Oh man, that sucks. Yes, you're obsessed and then allowed your feelings to cross over into crazy territory. It can happen to anyone, OP, so no judgement. Please get counseling to help you with emotional regulation. It's not that difficult, but takes practice and perseverance. I had a similar situation and had to learn to detach myself from the feelings so I could actually get some work done. Once I made up my mind not to care, it started working. Somewhere, deep down, you must still feel like there's a hope that something could happen. Start there.

by Anonymousreply 30April 23, 2018 7:52 PM

Hello, guys. Thank you very much for your kind words.

by Anonymousreply 31April 30, 2018 8:12 PM

Been there, done that; I fell head over heels for a boy (Italian, tall, dark, etc.) in boarding school (college). We were in an elite touring group and on one occasion were assigned the same bed (large, probably a queen) on the road; I thought that I had fucking died and gone to heaven! However, because I was so hot for him I didn't dare even consider touching him; restless night for sure! One of my most treasured memories is of his beautiful body, in white briefs, lying on his back . . . time passed, and one day on the tour bus I told him exactly how I felt and that I was in love with him. I'm certain that it wasn't a surprise, and he acted like nothing unusual had happened, but EVERYTHING fucking fell apart after that; we spent some time out of class doing stuff like working on our cars but we were from two different social sets and he was definitely more masculine than me, so our friends did not interact. I knew he was 80% straight, (hoping that the 20% was reserved for me alone) but opened that Pandora's box anyway. Almost immediately the most popular gang of jocks in the dorm began harassing me; (he lived off-site) there are never any secrets in boarding school! With the pressure of finals, the continual harassment from the jocks, and the final realization of my folly, I left school (I can still hear them yelling "faggot", etc., as I drove away) for the City in hopes of starting a new life. A new life I started, indeed . . . so many hazy nights at Buzzby's, falling in lust in the Haight, everything falling apart again, job loss, DUI's, then redemption. Some of us are more hard-headed than others . . . I eventually got my shit together, moved "down south" and have been in LA ever since; stable, together with the same man for many years, own our own home, have money in bank, have traveled extensively and am now contemplating a fulfilling retirement.

I do still think about him and am probably still in love with him but thank God I was able to eventually move on. I am one of those who fall hard, in and out of love. I would recommend that you NOT pursue your feelings for this guy, of whom you know very little, unless you really want to throw your life away--work is like boarding school--everyone will know, you'll most likely lose your job, you'll never have him, and be left with literally nothing. Don't do it if your value your sanity--you've already crossed the red line by stalking him. Make your decision now--fill your life to the max with anything but him--time will eventually heal your mind. You may never fall out of love with him, but your sanity is worth so much more than playing with fire.

by Anonymousreply 32April 30, 2018 9:04 PM

I was like this with my ex. The best thing is to cut it off.

by Anonymousreply 33April 30, 2018 9:16 PM

Here's what I would do - you don't know what his status is right? Can't you invite him to dinner as a friend - and just have an enjoyable conversation and spend time with someone you like? Don't throw yourself at him - let him be in the driver's seat - bound to come up that you are available. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 34April 30, 2018 9:28 PM

Listen ONLY to R6 and R7 and you will be fine. Honest.

by Anonymousreply 35April 30, 2018 10:06 PM

That stalking shit is creepy, you better hope he never finds out.

by Anonymousreply 36April 30, 2018 10:30 PM

Tl;dr

by Anonymousreply 37April 30, 2018 10:35 PM

CONFESSION: I made it almost to the end of the second paragraph before I literally died of boredom.

by Anonymousreply 38April 30, 2018 10:38 PM

The Next Stage for OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 30, 2018 10:53 PM

OP you are too old to be acting so embarrassingly. Start going to a therapist, you clearly need one in your life.

by Anonymousreply 40April 30, 2018 11:01 PM

"you settin there waitin on him just like a spider!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 30, 2018 11:01 PM

OP, R7 is spot on. Sounds to me like you already knew what a lot of people are saying. It's a dead-end street.

by Anonymousreply 42April 30, 2018 11:15 PM

I am thankful that when I was in a similar situation, it was years ago, before all this social media.

I would have spent hours stalking the guy I had the biggest crush on ever.

Thankfully it passed, for the most part. I still think of him from time to time. Google him. He's made somewhat of a name in the NY gay community, so there's a bunch of stuff about him on Google. That's enough for me.

Life goes on and he never had the slightest interest in me at all, so what can I do?

by Anonymousreply 43April 30, 2018 11:21 PM

"The best thing is to cut it off. "

Well THAT'S pretty drastic.

by Anonymousreply 44April 30, 2018 11:23 PM

I tried to follow your advice, guys. No social media lurking, no following around, I tried to delete him from my memory (which is pretty hard when you work on the same floor). There was no contact between us in the last four weeks except for a few polite and very brief exchanges but something unexpected happened this Wednesday. He invited me out for drinks this Saturday. I was very surprised but acted like it was no big deal. He didn't mention anything about the boyfriend but who knows? This is probably is mistake and might end really badly for me (I probably shouldn't have said yes because these things only prolong my unhealthy obsession).

There is still time to cancel it though ... what would YOU do??

by Anonymousreply 45May 18, 2018 9:28 PM

OP, you must proceed regardless of your apprehension. This is a matter of metaphysics, law of attraction, and manifestation. You made this happen. It is exactly what you hoped for, and now you must follow through. There really is nothing much else to say regarding this issue. It's Showtime!

by Anonymousreply 46May 18, 2018 10:47 PM

R46 is more batshit crazy than OP. Maybe they should pair off. Problem solved!

by Anonymousreply 47May 18, 2018 11:02 PM

Fuck off, R47. I manifest constantly without even trying. I think of a thing one time, and I see it materialize with speed. Some of us have it like that because some of us believe. The other day, I received two coupons in the mail for Skoal. One was $1 of one can, and the other was $2 off two cans. I walk to the gas station 20 minutes away every morning at 6am with my dog, and there I purchase a pack of cigarettes each morning. I planned to give both coupons to the cashier to keep for the next customer who purchases a can of skoal. Before I put the coupons down next to my wallet so I didn't forget them the following morning, I thought VERY briefly and saw myself handing the coupons to a man in front of me at the cashier, requesting skoal. When I arrived at the gas station the following morning, there he was and just as soon as I got in line two customers behind him, I heard him ask the cashier for a can of skoal, which is when I happily handed him the coupons. It came to fruition EXACTLY as I'd pictured it in my mind the day before. There are no coincidences. I could go on and on. I manifest all the time and with speed. Though they be simple manifestations, they be no less miraculous.

Go get your man, OP.

by Anonymousreply 48May 18, 2018 11:13 PM

Don't be ashamed or embarrassed- tell him how you feel about him. It will take the burden off of you and after the smoke has cleared, you will feel better and your feelings will subside. I have been there with 2 men. It is tough when love is unrequited (I hoped they would both fall in love with me too). But knowing he is unattainable, you will realize that you won't win. Try to stop trolling him on the social media sites. When i used to troll, i discovered that many other men were in love with them too.

by Anonymousreply 49May 19, 2018 1:02 AM

Co-sign on what R48 said - Op you even did the most difficult part of manifestation without even realizing it - I bet - Those four weeks you did your best to ignore him amount to the most important part of the process - letting it go and releasing it

by Anonymousreply 50May 19, 2018 9:42 AM

Isn't it sad and depressing when an adult male has to be told by total strangers to grow up and stop ting like an airheaded adolescent?

by Anonymousreply 51May 19, 2018 9:56 AM

Who let "The Secret" into DL?

by Anonymousreply 52May 19, 2018 10:08 AM

Don't do it, man. Regardless of his current relationship status with his boyfriend, don't tell him how you feel. Office romances almost never end well.

Oh, and it's time to stop the smoking.

by Anonymousreply 53May 19, 2018 11:00 AM

No, no, I am definitely not telling him about my feelings. This is going to be his night, he's the leader. He's in the driver's seat and I'm waiting to see what happens. Let's hope it goes well. Although I'm really going to watch my alcohol levels tonight. People do stupid and careless things when they get drunk ... some people (like me) even do those things when they're not even drunk.

by Anonymousreply 54May 19, 2018 1:17 PM

There's always San Pellegrino, R54. The unflavored, unsweetened variety, of course.

by Anonymousreply 55May 19, 2018 1:23 PM

While I find the "manifestation" stuff interesting, it didn't work for me back in the ACOA '80s. I'm feeling the pangs of obsession myself lately, though to a much lesser degree than the OP. I wonder if I should try it again. I admit I do have a lot of "disbelief in (my) power to be happy."

[quote][bold]Principle One: Clear Space[/bold]. Before you begin the manifestation process, you must take the necessary time to release all your disbelief in your power to be happy. One of the best ways to clear the blocks of disbelief is to pray for release. Begin a daily prayer practice of asking the universe to set you free from all the limiting beliefs that block you from believing in your greatness. Stay open for signs from the universe, and show up for the assignments that are brought to you. Universal assignments come in many forms. Maybe you’re guided to the relationship that brings up all your shit so that you have to finally heal your fear. Or maybe you lose your job so that you can learn the lessons of self-reliance and strengthen your self-love. Trust that these assignments, however tough at times, are incredible opportunities for you to clean your energy and clear space to call in what you desire.

[quote]Your job in this step is to pray for guidance to clear all that blocks you from believing in your greatness. Then allow the universe to help guide you to whatever assignments you need to aid in the healing process. Show up for the assignments, and trust that the more you clean your thoughts and energy, the more positive experiences you will attract into your life.

by Anonymousreply 56May 19, 2018 1:26 PM

I fell hard in love 20 years ago and had lots of unrequited relationships like these. They are all hinting at a gap in yourself you’re trying to fill with another person’s happiness. It’s only when you yourself can make yourself happy without outside influences, you’ll find the true person to share it with. Knowing someone is partnered and putting the make on them is greasy, despicable and tawdry EVEN if the other person is ok with it, they’ll respect you less for it, atay with their true love, and karma is a bitch slapping you in the face afterward.

Find yourself and what makes you happy before deciding to share your happiness with another. Don’t enter a relationship an empty-handed cheater!

by Anonymousreply 57May 19, 2018 1:35 PM

[quote]It’s only when you yourself can make yourself happy without outside influences, you’ll find the true person to share it with.

I found myself filled to the rim with opportunities to "make (my)self happy without outside influences," and succeeded in large measure, or so I thought. But I never found "the true person to share it with."

Lately, though, I found myself drawn to someone completely inappropriate. We do exist in each other's life, however peripherally, and I can't quite get rid of the feeling I experience when I'm around him. At least I now know enough not to make it a thing.

by Anonymousreply 58May 19, 2018 1:45 PM

I had a short affair with a co-worker who put my heart in a blender. He pursued me all the while I resisted due to a host of red flags (we worked together closely, he was still in love with his ex, he seemed like a narcissist) but he wore me down, fucked me and dumped me days later. Over email. This was before texts. It devastated me. Said “oops! I AM in love with my ex!” It was all about the conquest and once the notch was posted, he moved on. (I also leave room for me being a lousy lay... it was my first anal and I was so inexperienced back then). But I bring this up because he subsequently messed with my head, we slept together again, and it was so unhealthy I HAD to cut off any contact beyond basic work interactions. It was the healthy move and was so hard because I burned for him. But time heals all wounds and I’m now in a LTR with someone who loves me unconditionally. I wouldn’t be with this guy had I stayed in a toxic “friendship” while trying to feast on crumbs. Cut him off. And good luck!

by Anonymousreply 59May 19, 2018 1:54 PM

I'll say it again - aside from all the primary things involved in the manifestation process, ie the belief, affirmations, vision boards yada yada yada - the KEY is in the letting go and releasing/moving on to something else - this is the most important step - it's not supposed to be hard work

by Anonymousreply 60May 19, 2018 1:56 PM

[quote]I had a short affair with a co-worker who put my heart in a blender.

Poor, poor pitiful r59's co-worker was a credit to his gender.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 19, 2018 2:04 PM

R61- damn right, well played. But I’m partial to the Linda version, like the bottom I am.

by Anonymousreply 62May 19, 2018 2:12 PM

[quote]the KEY is in the letting go and releasing/moving on to something else - this is the most important step - it's not supposed to be hard work

I have the option of not engaging in something I'm scheduled to do with him this summer--something official, not dating. I can drop it with no penalty besides not gaining the knowledge I might otherwise have gained from participating. But it seems like not doing it would be KEY to "letting go" and "releasing/moving on." I don't have to make a decision until July, so I've been holding off on it. But holding off feels like holding on, and that means never letting go. I can remove myself from the thing next week, though, and not have to worry about it again.

by Anonymousreply 63May 19, 2018 2:13 PM

[quote]I’m partial to the Linda version

R62 Oh, honey, so am I.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64May 19, 2018 2:15 PM

(R62) Bless the DL people for making music references i understand

by Anonymousreply 65May 19, 2018 2:17 PM

Are you obsessed with Sonny?

by Anonymousreply 66May 19, 2018 2:17 PM

Sonny?

by Anonymousreply 67May 19, 2018 2:25 PM

Ohhhh...r66 thinks OP is Leo.

by Anonymousreply 68May 19, 2018 2:25 PM

Sonny? Didn't a Pine Tree smack him on the head.?

by Anonymousreply 69May 19, 2018 2:27 PM

R63 - you'll have to figure it out for yourself, and I say this respectfully - manifestation DOES work in the romantic side of things as well - I'll tell you a story, trying to keep it short - I was in love with a woman (yes a woman) years ago - we were very off and on for the six years we were together - when we broke apart, I'd spend time pining for her, wishing for her return until the point I just stopped and began to move on, letting it go - it was always a month to two months after that point that she'd call and we were back together again until the next time we split - repeat, repeat, repeat - this happened probably 7/8 timed during our whole time together, and TWICE she screamed at me "WHY DO I KEEP COMING BACK TO YOU?!!" - I knew why - and then after the last time we broke up, I refused to think of her in that way again which was the last time we were ever together.

IT WORKS! So be careful how you used it.

by Anonymousreply 70May 19, 2018 2:32 PM

For those similarly plagued:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71May 19, 2018 2:34 PM

The only thing that worked for me was moving to another country.

by Anonymousreply 72May 19, 2018 2:37 PM

[quote]The only thing that worked for me was moving to another country.

I moved cross-country to get away from my Mr. Long Long Time. It was too easy to run into him. We lived 0.3 miles from each other in the Village, and we never stopped wanting to fuck each other every time we ran into each other. It was so confusing for me.

by Anonymousreply 73May 19, 2018 2:41 PM

r70, that was remarkably unhelpful, almost as if you hadn't read a word I wrote.

by Anonymousreply 74May 19, 2018 2:42 PM

R59- not sure you were that lousy a lay if he came back for more. Just sayin’.

by Anonymousreply 75May 19, 2018 2:43 PM

R74 - Why you ungrateful little shit! - "Eat my subtext, bitch" - hahahaha - fucker! - you can release and let go while still in the company of this person - it's true - I told you that you should figure it out for yourself because I didn't want to suggest that you should slight yourself of an employment related opportunity - but yes, you can let go and still be in his company - it's all in the mind

by Anonymousreply 76May 19, 2018 2:49 PM

[quote]—YOU KNOW WHAT YOU CAN EAT!

Yeah. As if I'd want that diseased old thing.

by Anonymousreply 77May 19, 2018 2:50 PM

^^^ somehow, me thinks that LOA won't work for him *wink*

by Anonymousreply 78May 19, 2018 2:58 PM

Telling people how you feel is almost never a good idea. You have to read the situation instead, read up on body language, practice your own body language and make sure you give off signals that you're attracted to him. If he mirrors your behavior, he's interested in you and if he closes his body language, moves away from you or frowns he's probably not attracted to you. But as long as you don't say the words it's possible to go back to pretending nothing happened. Most people aren't consciously aware of other people's body language (or their own). It's the safest way to know if you should give up or proceed. Disclaimer: he might be interested in you and still not want to pursue a relationship, so always take it slow - especially if you're friends or colleagues.

If he's not gonna be your boyfriend, distance yourself through taking up a hobby or find someone else to obsess over.

by Anonymousreply 79May 19, 2018 3:12 PM

[quote]If he mirrors your behavior, he's interested in you and if he closes his body language, moves away from you or frowns he's probably not attracted to you. But as long as you don't say the words it's possible to go back to pretending nothing happened.

Good advice. Just stay open and friendly. Give off positive vibes: smiles, subtle compliments, showing interest in him instead of talking about yourself. Then wait for him to make the first move.

by Anonymousreply 80May 19, 2018 3:22 PM

R71, as a teen in the 70s that song said everything I felt when I broke up with my first boyfriend after two years.

by Anonymousreply 81May 19, 2018 5:26 PM

R67 OP hasn't said, but we know he works for Titan.

by Anonymousreply 82May 19, 2018 5:29 PM

r81 My 1976 boyfriend played "Long, Long Time" for me as he broke up with me. It was the beginning of my Linda Ronstadt addiction. I went out and bought Hasten down the Wind the next day. I didn't find "Long, Long Time" there, so I bought Prisoner in Disguise and Heart like a Wheel the day after. I still didn't find "Long, Long Time," and then finally, I found it on the Capitol compilation LP, Different Drum. I had no idea "You and I, travel to the beat of a different drum" was the "And I think I'm going to love you...for a long, long time" singer.

When I got to the end of side one of Different Drum, I realized why he played "Long, Long Time" while breaking up with me. He had played it every time he brought me home with him. He paid attention to that song, I only heard "Will You Love Me Tomorrow?" at the end of side one.

How could he have broken up with me?

by Anonymousreply 83May 19, 2018 5:32 PM

Last night was a pleasant surprise. The objection of my affection got totally hammered and we ended up at my place (I live downtown, it was closer to our location). Turns out I was right, he's no longer with his boyfriend who used to steal money from him. Our night went relatively well. We ended up at my place shortly after 3 AM. He was supposed to sleep on the couch but ended up naked in my bed. There was no sex, only drunk cuddling and hugging. I woke up next to him which was a nice feeling and he's still here [not up yet].

By the way, I tried to follow your advice and give off positive and flirty vibe. He picked up on that and started touching me a lot at the bar but I suspect it was just alcohol talking. He needed someone and I was there and his inhibitions started falling apart ...

by Anonymousreply 84May 20, 2018 5:58 PM

Good for you, OP. Now that you know how manifestation works, what will you be drawing into your life next? Glad for you. Have a great day!

by Anonymousreply 85May 20, 2018 6:53 PM

Hey OP, any updates?

by Anonymousreply 86July 7, 2018 3:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!