Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

They've made Hermione black???

WTF?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 3, 2018 11:33 AM

What's your problem with it, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 1April 23, 2018 5:06 AM

Is it historically inaccurate OP?

by Anonymousreply 2April 23, 2018 5:12 AM

We all know who Hermione is. SHe's a character in all the HP books. She is described in detail and she is not black.

by Anonymousreply 3April 23, 2018 5:17 AM

1. This is clearly a troll post.

2. We all already knew this eons ago.

and most important of all 3.

[quote]We all know who Hermione is. SHe's a character in all the HP books. She is described in detail and she is not black.

Wrong R3. According to Rowling herself her race is never described. Just her hair and eyes. She loved the idea and supported it.

MOVING ALONG!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 23, 2018 5:20 AM

If the original Hermione had been black I wouldn't have a problem with it. She wasn't. I don't want a Chinese Harry Potter, or an Indian Dumbledore. I want the characters as they originally were.

by Anonymousreply 6April 23, 2018 5:27 AM

I'm a fat old white gay guy with a big dick; can I be diverse?

by Anonymousreply 8April 23, 2018 5:29 AM

R6, I agree. I want Hermione a half blood. How dare they have a full human play her!!!

And I want her really nearsighted

How dare they take liberties with a fictional character!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 9April 23, 2018 5:32 AM

Lord Voldemort is attacking?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 23, 2018 5:42 AM

RACE WAR NOW!

by Anonymousreply 11April 23, 2018 5:46 AM

Even if I cared, I'd hope I had bigger things to worry about.

by Anonymousreply 12April 23, 2018 5:56 AM

[quote]They've made Hermione black???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 23, 2018 6:00 AM

I just won’t watch it. Pc culture is a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 14April 23, 2018 6:06 AM

I would love to have Apu Nahasapeemapetilon play Dumbledore.

by Anonymousreply 15April 23, 2018 6:09 AM

This is why Barbara Bush's funeral was especially lovely. There was no forced diversity and tokenism at play. Everyone was appropriately white or when necessary (the Obamas, a few secret service, Condoleeza Rice) they were black.

by Anonymousreply 16April 23, 2018 6:13 AM

Why not? Why not have a "Panto" style of Harry Potter stage show with RuPaul's Drag Race Drag Queens play all the characters? I mean, really: LIGHTEN UP!

by Anonymousreply 17April 23, 2018 6:13 AM

Why not ? They even made Joan of Arc black. Isn't this cultural appropriation ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 23, 2018 6:14 AM

Harry Potter was a series of kid books written by a leftard and people here complain that a Black girl play one of the characters?! LOL

by Anonymousreply 19April 23, 2018 6:14 AM

Not just people R19 but 60 yr old men!

by Anonymousreply 20April 23, 2018 6:31 AM

Can you imagine the outcry if they had made Voldemort black instead?

by Anonymousreply 21April 23, 2018 6:44 AM

Well, the good news is most of you flyover queens won't be seeing it. If youre not a flyover queen, you'll probably won't want to pony up the shit-ton of coin it'll cost ya to wait seven months to sit in the mezzanine because ticket sales are through the roof right now. Oh, and it's performed in TWO PARTS so save your pennies... to throw at the stage during the boring parts.

by Anonymousreply 22April 23, 2018 6:45 AM

It’s the fucking theatre. If you can get over the idea that you and all the people sat around you are paying $$$ for the experience of watching other people act out scenes written by a woman that focus on magic and supernatural powers then hopefully your mind can open to the idea of a dark skinned black woman acting in some of the scenes.

If you can’t, then it’s probably that you’re racist.

by Anonymousreply 23April 23, 2018 6:55 AM

I bet Rowling would change her tune if they made Harry Potter black. Tokenism always has its limits.

by Anonymousreply 24April 23, 2018 7:01 AM

Would Rowling have been okay if they changed Hermione into Herman?

by Anonymousreply 25April 23, 2018 7:06 AM

U guys demand realism in a fictional kid's story about wizards. Crash helmets can be worn indoors.

by Anonymousreply 26April 23, 2018 7:10 AM

Look, if there's a Black Jesus then there can be a Black Hermione. Fictional characters can be switched up for whatever they need to be for the latest project.

by Anonymousreply 27April 23, 2018 11:43 AM

We will NEVER get bored of race baiting threads DL trolls.

Who gives a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 28April 23, 2018 1:05 PM

I mean no more cultural appropriation bull.

by Anonymousreply 30May 3, 2018 9:03 AM

"This is why Barbara Bush's funeral was especially lovely. "

Then I guess her death worked out very well for you.

I know her death worked wonders for me.

by Anonymousreply 31May 3, 2018 9:05 AM

Clearly she has transitioned.

by Anonymousreply 32May 3, 2018 9:34 AM

I know....shocking.....the pc casting queen won out.

by Anonymousreply 33May 3, 2018 9:46 AM

Good. Let’s hope the black actress won’t grow up into Emma Watson, a virtue-signalling faux-feminist who undresses to sell magazine covers, meanwhile critizing Beyoncé for showing too much skin.

by Anonymousreply 34May 3, 2018 10:12 AM

Good god, OP, you seriously need to grow the fuck up and expand your horizons. Leave the basement. There's a fun world out there.

by Anonymousreply 35May 3, 2018 11:30 AM

did they cave in to the PC police? tho she is just fine in the part. ..... fine.

by Anonymousreply 36May 3, 2018 11:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!