Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BREAKING: Sean Hannity owns 870 houses, many bought with taxpayer money

He got them with help from the National Housing Act loan program, through Ben Carson's HUD. He interviewed Carson and didn't mention their connection.

Another Republican sucking on the government teat!

He owns 870 houses, a private jet and makes $20 million a year, but he's the voice of the common man — and newspaper reporters are the elites. OK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106April 27, 2018 6:12 PM

More.

"Dozens of the properties were bought at a discount in 2013, after banks foreclosed on their previous owners for defaulting on mortgages. Before and after then, Hannity sharply criticised Barack Obama for the US foreclosure rate. In January 2016, Hannity said there were 'millions more Americans suffering under this president' partly because of foreclosures."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 23, 2018 3:59 AM

Correction: He makes $36 million a year between Fox and his radio show.

by Anonymousreply 2April 23, 2018 4:03 AM

Time for a pig roast - and Hannity is THE prize HOG. I have despised this putrid, obese, hypocritical, evil man for a decade plus; it is so nice to hear that karma has finally paid him a visit.

by Anonymousreply 3April 23, 2018 4:04 AM

Such greed. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 4April 23, 2018 4:05 AM

"He got them with help from the National Housing Act loan program"

I believe charity begins at home; all 870 of them.

by Anonymousreply 5April 23, 2018 4:06 AM

Cohen helping him with real estate indeed.

by Anonymousreply 6April 23, 2018 4:07 AM

Sneaky snake 🐍

by Anonymousreply 7April 23, 2018 4:11 AM

They are all monsters

by Anonymousreply 8April 23, 2018 4:12 AM

Trump did the same thing.Kick em out raise the rent sue em.

by Anonymousreply 9April 23, 2018 4:13 AM

Didn't Hannity and his entourage supposedly live a five-star lifestyle for months, paid for by the proceeds of a touring concert for the alleged benefit of wounded veterans?

by Anonymousreply 10April 23, 2018 4:15 AM

And yet, nothing will happen to him.

by Anonymousreply 11April 23, 2018 4:18 AM

SHOCKER

by Anonymousreply 12April 23, 2018 4:19 AM

Yes Hannity and his good friend Oliver North had a very good time supporting the troops.

by Anonymousreply 13April 23, 2018 4:20 AM

And the deploracunts will do nothing but cheer him on!

by Anonymousreply 14April 23, 2018 4:23 AM

How many would love if Hannity went to prison?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 23, 2018 4:28 AM

This needs to be all over Social media.

by Anonymousreply 16April 23, 2018 4:30 AM

Each house probably has Nielsen rating devices hooked up, to give his show TV fake boosts.

by Anonymousreply 17April 23, 2018 4:30 AM

Guillotine

by Anonymousreply 18April 23, 2018 4:33 AM

[quote]Each house probably has Nielsen rating devices hooked up, to give his show TV fake boosts.

GURL. And wait until it's revealed that Steven "Foreclosure King" Mnuchin is the mastermind to this plot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 23, 2018 4:50 AM

It's all so perfect. Greedy bastards feeding on other people's misery. The definition of a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 20April 23, 2018 4:50 AM

All of these corrupt assholes are going to bust Hell wide open.

There is no justice in this world.

by Anonymousreply 21April 23, 2018 5:07 AM

Total crook, taking advantage of poor people and government subsidies designed to help poor people. I hope Hannity, Trump and Kellyanne rot in Hell

by Anonymousreply 22April 23, 2018 5:13 AM

For now I'm just appreciating the POS is worried. Let him have a massive but not fatal stroke.

by Anonymousreply 23April 23, 2018 5:36 AM

Piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 24April 23, 2018 5:37 AM

OMG Avenatti was right! lol

Both Stormy and Michael Avenatti are going to make millions (as they should) from their story rights after this whole thing goes down. *Legends*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 23, 2018 6:04 AM

Is this being covered at all today?

by Anonymousreply 26April 23, 2018 3:57 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 27April 23, 2018 4:13 PM

This will be so much fun once Michael Cohen flips. I hope he takes all the republican bigots and criminals with him.

by Anonymousreply 28April 23, 2018 4:31 PM

Within that circle of hell, there is a very odd paradox.

On the one hand, those people hate the rich because they envy and feel that they were somehow cheated.

On the other hand, there is a certain category of those rich that they give a pass because they're seen as having made it on their own and represent their ideal and idealized America where anyone can get rich. They are the people to whom they aspire to be.

That's why there is a huge portion of these people who also oppose things like the inheritance tax and other randian libtard stupid. They don't want to be hoisted by their own petard on the off chance they become rich themselves.

by Anonymousreply 29April 23, 2018 4:42 PM

Seems like there should be a law against buying so many HUD houses when you are already rich

by Anonymousreply 30April 23, 2018 5:04 PM

Benghazi

by Anonymousreply 31April 23, 2018 5:12 PM

Greedy grifting cunt.

by Anonymousreply 32April 23, 2018 5:17 PM

He is lowlife scum, was he going to sell those places to Russians who needed to launder money? I think yes.

by Anonymousreply 33April 23, 2018 6:28 PM

He should get a 15 year sentence at least.

by Anonymousreply 34April 23, 2018 6:32 PM

ditto: Greedy Monster. But this is what America has become. Money and power trumps all.

by Anonymousreply 35April 23, 2018 6:35 PM

Sean is furious!

"It is ironic that I am being attacked for investing my personal money in communities that badly need such investment and in which, I am sure, those attacking me have not invested their money," Hannity said in a statement. "The fact is, there are investments that I do not individually select, control or know the details about; except that obviously I believe in putting my money to work in communities that otherwise struggle to receive such support."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 23, 2018 6:35 PM

R36...Sorry about this...but...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 23, 2018 6:39 PM

Welfare fraud. He should be drug tested. Then lock him up!

by Anonymousreply 38April 23, 2018 6:43 PM

R36, now he's a philanthropist? How many of those houses did he sell at cut rate to poor folks? He is such a pig. I've been saying that REIFs are evil since they came to pass. They are, he is, and HUD needs a damned audit.

by Anonymousreply 39April 23, 2018 6:45 PM

I still can't look at his face and not see a huge thumb.

by Anonymousreply 40April 23, 2018 6:46 PM

Gee ....sounds like Sean Hannity is one of the ELITES. What's more, he's an ELITE member of THE MEDIA!

Media elite!

by Anonymousreply 41April 23, 2018 6:53 PM

Another horrible conservative hypocrite...how surprising.

by Anonymousreply 42April 23, 2018 7:02 PM

Investing in depressed neighborhoods? I will eat my hat if that clown ever stepped foot in those places. How about bailing out the people who were foreclosed on or contributing some of those buildings to Habitat for Humanity? I am SICK to death of these people couching their malignant greed as philanthropy. No, you are not creating jobs with your money laundering, import visas for models?massage therapists at Mar a Lardass or maids to clean up the mess of families thrown out by the local constable. Is it a requirement to give up your heart when you become a card carrying rethuglican?

by Anonymousreply 43April 23, 2018 7:13 PM

One thing to call out: this puts the lie to Hannity's claims about his conversation with Cohen. The extent of these holdings, the number of years he's been doing this, the companies he has set up, etc., means that he's getting very professional advice and that he knows what he's doing.

Cohen has no expertise in this area. So why on earth would Hannity consult with him?

by Anonymousreply 44April 23, 2018 7:20 PM

Cohen can set up the LLCs like he did for Baby fingers

by Anonymousreply 45April 23, 2018 7:23 PM

He also knows the type of people to throw out foreclosed families, R45. Nice family man, that Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 46April 23, 2018 7:25 PM

In 2008, I was interested in buying a house that was about to go into but not yet in foreclosure. The house was in a solid middle class neighborhood with stable property values but was bought as an investment by someone who wanted to flip it, the recession hit and the owner was stuck with more debt than he could handle. Common enough scenario. But when I asked my realtor to make a counter offer, he said he couldn't and explained that there were groups of investors buying up all of these homes as part of a portfolio and it was impossible to get any information about them. The public record after the house sold was to some LLC which had absolutely no internet presence. I wonder if Hannity (or his ilk) was involved with this particular property. I am going to see if I can find the address in my files and do more research on it.

by Anonymousreply 47April 23, 2018 7:25 PM

Homes and Health Care became investments instead of what they are: necessities. Now we have shits like Hannity pulling moves like this by abusing programs that were supposed to help people get into homes.

by Anonymousreply 48April 23, 2018 7:31 PM

Ditto r47 I had cash in hand and could never get a call back.

by Anonymousreply 49April 23, 2018 7:36 PM

Blame it on REIFs, R47 and R49. I've had the same experience. There's also a trend to buy houses for Air bnb investments.

by Anonymousreply 50April 23, 2018 7:43 PM

I remember one house in particular , mid century modern gem. Had a 8 foot wide hole in the kitchen ceiling. All the wood cabinets are rotten and water logged from said hole. The swimming pool was floating 4 feet out of the ground. The bank could accept no less than 219k when comp houses in the same street were 100k tops. Turn out during the boom someone had paid 475 for this house and lived in it free for years until they were evicted.

by Anonymousreply 51April 23, 2018 7:56 PM

Hannity being known as a slumlord is an upgrade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 23, 2018 7:56 PM

R51, I saw a great old farmhouse just two weeks ago, totally trashed by the owners who lived there, rent free, in the old family home. Same thing with the over-inflated price. They couldn't even be bothered to clean it up and weren't taking bids for anything under list.

by Anonymousreply 53April 23, 2018 8:16 PM

So the house bubble was burst deliberately so guys like Hannity (aka friends and lackey's of the GOP) could get the properties on the cheap?

by Anonymousreply 54April 23, 2018 8:28 PM

Go through Sean Hannity's background with a fine tooth comb. If he is associated with Cohen he has got to be slimy and corrupt.

by Anonymousreply 55April 23, 2018 8:30 PM

It sure seems like it, R54. I'm amazed at the trash they want to sell for the prices they want. And this is rural Vermont!

by Anonymousreply 56April 23, 2018 8:32 PM

I have to give the Brits credit: The Guardian has really been putting out some great investigative pieces lately.

by Anonymousreply 57April 23, 2018 10:52 PM

Speculation on Twitter is that Russian money laundering is involved.

A boy can dream...

by Anonymousreply 58April 23, 2018 11:28 PM

CNN (Erin Burnett) is finally reporting on this

by Anonymousreply 59April 23, 2018 11:46 PM

They just said his real estate attorney is married to a CNN executive.

by Anonymousreply 60April 23, 2018 11:48 PM

^^ clarification please!!

His (Hannity??)

Real Estate attorney (Cohen??)

by Anonymousreply 61April 24, 2018 12:23 AM

Not that he wasn't already a joke as a journalist, but he is now totally compromised as well. Any reputable news outlet would have fired him for not disclosing the HUD dealings with ol' Smokey or his relationship, even ten dollars worth, with Cohen the Creeper.

by Anonymousreply 62April 24, 2018 12:27 AM

lordy! If we have money laundering then we get also tax evasion!

by Anonymousreply 63April 24, 2018 12:27 AM

I live in the hamptons and all the newcMegaMansions are owned by LLCs. Groups of investors hire builders then sell or rent out the houses. A neighbor of mine does estate maintenance - hires landscapers, housekeepers, chefs, looks into any contracting that needs to be done to fix anything. Almost no new houses are owned by single buyers or by a family.

by Anonymousreply 64April 24, 2018 12:35 AM

[quote]Any reputable news outlet

Yeah, there's the rub

by Anonymousreply 65April 24, 2018 12:38 AM

Ethical standards are for the "legacy media," not mavericks like Sean

by Anonymousreply 66April 24, 2018 12:39 AM

Who is this mug calling elite?

by Anonymousreply 67April 24, 2018 12:42 AM

So can someone please finish this PIG off already? I will say my prayers and write Hannity's public demise down as #1 on my Santa list. LOL. Seriously - it often seems that these hypocritical, conservative, asshole pigs just get away with mass murder and no one ever holds them accountable. Hillary! Benghazi! Emails! Lock her up! They shout that shit after being caught red-handed and the ignorant, moronic, evangelical masses just ignore and then continue to drink the Kool-aid. It is painful to observe.

by Anonymousreply 68April 24, 2018 4:12 AM

WTF? Is everything legal? why hide ? makes me hate him even more!

by Anonymousreply 69April 24, 2018 4:28 AM

wait. but 870 houses are worth what? are they shit holes or multi million homes?

by Anonymousreply 70April 24, 2018 4:35 AM

r70 Hannity is a slumlord, just like Trump and Kushner.

by Anonymousreply 71April 24, 2018 4:37 AM

Is this the legal advice that he allegedly paid Michael Cohen ten dollars for? Setting up shell companies for $90 million in investments via HUD loans? Crooks! It is unfortunate that Cohen and Hannity will be pardoned by Trump because they all helped each other make shitty business deals that worked the system and took advantage of poor people’s misery. I assume Michael Cohen was on retainer from Trump or Russians. It’s all so vulgar and corrupt

by Anonymousreply 72April 24, 2018 4:46 AM

he probably convinced trump to sell him a room or two of the white house at a big discount

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73April 24, 2018 5:08 AM

How shocking that yet another conservative white asshole who screams about welfare is a recipient! Truly shocking!

by Anonymousreply 74April 24, 2018 5:10 AM

Once again I smell Deutsche Bank lurking in a dark corner. Hannity might own 870 houses, and he might have $90 million invested, but it's not his money--it's mostly borrowed. Find out who loaned him the money and I guarantee you'll find either Russians or Deutsche Bank or some combination of both. That's what will bring him down.

by Anonymousreply 75April 24, 2018 5:16 AM

Brilliant, R75. That fat pig is so deep in shit that his hair (wig) reeks.

by Anonymousreply 76April 24, 2018 5:21 AM

what is the point of owning 870 houses if they are of little or no value?

by Anonymousreply 77April 24, 2018 5:26 AM

r77 Cheap apartment buildings and houses in low income areas are goldmines. Just ask slumlords like Trump and Kushner.

by Anonymousreply 78April 24, 2018 5:34 AM

The fucker took advantage of a program meant for low income people. Disgusting beyond belief and conservatives who defend this LI trash should drop dead.

by Anonymousreply 79April 24, 2018 5:40 AM

SEAN HANNITY IS A WELFARE QUEEN!

by Anonymousreply 80April 24, 2018 5:52 AM

God, that face was just made to be repeatedly punched.

by Anonymousreply 81April 24, 2018 6:00 AM

Don’t expect fox to do anything about it...this is grounds for promotion.

by Anonymousreply 82April 24, 2018 6:03 AM

FOX viewers -particular the poor, white trash- are just fucking idiots. So embarrassingly inferior in intellect.

by Anonymousreply 83April 24, 2018 6:07 AM

particularly*

by Anonymousreply 84April 24, 2018 6:09 AM

Somehow this thread from Sunday has only 82 replies. Yet the Joy Reid thread from today has 213 replies, including references to Farrakhan, Al Sharpton and George Soros. Now I wonder why that is.

by Anonymousreply 85April 24, 2018 6:10 AM

We both know why. R85. It's the same reason that a brown guy jaywalking on an entirely different continent will get a couple hundred replies while a white guy killing several people 5 mins from the average (white) DLer's house will get very few replies. Recall that thread about some vehicle in Germany plowing into people? It got to about 30 until everyone found it was a white Nazi guy and the thread died. These idiots have their agenda.

by Anonymousreply 86April 24, 2018 6:16 AM

but those low income housing is usually poorly built and tenants don't take care of the apts. What;s the point of owning these houses if you got to constantly make repairs etc? doesn't seem worth it to me. sorry i must be really stupid.

by Anonymousreply 87April 24, 2018 6:18 AM

From all the reports I've read, what Hannity did was unethical, immoral, and grossly hypocritical. Unfortunately, (for those of us who despise him), none of it is illegal. It's just yet another case of a sniveling, smug Far Right Scumbag getting away with more shit.

by Anonymousreply 88April 24, 2018 6:25 AM

r87 Poor tenants have nowhere else to live. Slumlords get rich by not making repairs until they absolutely have to.

by Anonymousreply 89April 24, 2018 6:26 AM

and his taxes are all filed correctly? you know he probably tries to scam the IRS. audit him!

by Anonymousreply 90April 24, 2018 6:28 AM

R90 - of course he did -scam all day long, but will anyone audit him? Crooked POS and scum all the way around. I just want to shove his fat, smug face in his own vat of shit. Sadly, if the feds do not get anything good on him - Fox will of course promote him. Crooks, tramps and thieves - this entire bunch. Hannity enrages me to such a degree that I start to think of justifiable homicide. Whatever, I will cool off. I just cant't stand this hypocritical fat pig. And I am always perplexed by the Pat Robertson's who will praise him for his "macho", "locker-room" behavior and proclaim him the next coming of Christ. I am waiting for God to finally get fed up and just off these greedy, hypocritical, evil fucks.

by Anonymousreply 91April 24, 2018 7:01 AM

Any Fox viewer should be pointed and laughed at for being village idiots. It's time to shame them for listening to that conservative bullshit that makes guys like Sean Hannity rich on his own audience's back without them realizing.

by Anonymousreply 92April 24, 2018 11:32 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93April 24, 2018 3:13 PM

I bet this cunt has off shore accounts not disclosed to the IRS. I hope they get him and jail him!

by Anonymousreply 94April 25, 2018 12:08 AM

There were times when I didn't even have a tent over my head.

by Anonymousreply 95April 25, 2018 12:27 AM

Not sure of his situation but owning shit hole apartments can generate huge returns from section 8 vouchers. I collect full rent, portion guaranteed by the City and small amount from tenant (30% of income).

Government portion is never late and the tenant pays his on time because an eviction is cause for losing your S8 voucher. And no poor person wants that.

Also minimal maintenance or unit updating. Some tenants have lived in units for decades. He has a sweet deal if I read this right. Huge cash flow.

by Anonymousreply 96April 25, 2018 12:27 AM

Does he wear a toupee? That hair looks like fake-o.

by Anonymousreply 97April 25, 2018 12:33 AM

Scum like Hannity and Trump are the reason a family of four live in $1500 room.And working class folk live in shelters or their cars. He's also the first one to tell you to get a third job and stop cryin bout the rent going up snowflakes.

by Anonymousreply 98April 25, 2018 12:43 AM

Does Hannity reveal he and Cohen and Trump use hookers but tell the world they are great family men? Liars and crooks

by Anonymousreply 99April 26, 2018 3:08 AM

"Sean Hannity: 400% rise in eviction orders since host bought Georgia apartment complex

County court records say that judgments approving the removal of 61 different residents of the Hampton Place apartments in Perry have been issued during the three years and 10 months since Hannity took over.

The previous owner of the 152-unit apartment complex obtained similar orders against 12 different tenants during the preceding three years and 10 months, according to the records, before selling it to Hannity for almost $8m.

--

The Guardian first reported on Sunday that Hannity was the secret owner connected to a group of 20 shell companies that have spent $90m on more than 870 homes across seven states over the past decade.

Hampton Place is one of two apartment complexes in Georgia that Hannity bought in 2014 for $22.7m. The purchases were partly funded with $17.9m in mortgages guaranteed by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development. Apartments at the site are currently advertised for rent from $860 a month.

The court records suggest the rate of eviction orders at Hampton Place has increased by more than 400% under Hannity’s ownership. Landlords can obtain the orders from a magistrate judge when a tenant taken to court for unpaid rent fails to respond or pay within seven days. The orders empower local sheriff’s deputies to forcibly remove tenants and their property."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100April 27, 2018 5:00 PM

[quote]Does Hannity reveal he and Cohen and Trump use hookers but tell the world they are great family men? Liars and crooks

Good thing Bill Clinton never strayed in his marriage.

by Anonymousreply 101April 27, 2018 5:08 PM

Lock him up!

by Anonymousreply 102April 27, 2018 5:10 PM

[quote]Good thing Bill Clinton never strayed in his marriage.

Whatabutism will not help you in 2018 or 2020.

by Anonymousreply 103April 27, 2018 5:11 PM

I hope the other news organizations report on this corruption.

by Anonymousreply 104April 27, 2018 6:05 PM

[quote]Does Hannity reveal he and Cohen and Trump use hookers but tell the world they are great family men? Liars and crooks

[quote]Good thing Bill Clinton never strayed in his marriage.

Ah so Bill Clinton is also a rightwinger who pretends to defend “Christian morality” from moral relativism?

Who knew?

by Anonymousreply 105April 27, 2018 6:09 PM

R98, I hear ya, but also have to say there are much much bigger scum than these two, to blame for housing costs.

MUCH BIGGER

by Anonymousreply 106April 27, 2018 6:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!