Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Where do you get most of your news from?

I used to be an avid NY Times guy but I find their domestic political reporting to be pushing an agenda so hard it seems like opinion rather than fact. Still love them for world news, sports and pop culture reporting, plus the Real Estate section. Turn to NPR and CNN and WaPo for domestic political reporting. NY Magazine, The Atlantic and Politico for more in-depth reports on the world at large and politics respectively.

You guys?

by Anonymousreply 36April 23, 2018 7:57 PM

I like the Daily Mail. Even though I'm in the US, Daily Mail sometimes scoops local stories before they break in the local newspaper here.

by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2018 10:34 PM

I get most of my news on Twitter, because I follow a number of journalists from lots of different outlets—soI don't read any specific publication religiously. I did have a subscription to The New York Times, but I cancelled it when they hired Brett Stephens.

by Anonymousreply 2April 22, 2018 10:39 PM

Same here, OP - Used to be a huge NYT reader. Now it's WaPo, The Atlantic, Daily Mail (trash news, early scoops, etc), The Guardian, The Economist. And Canadian media.

by Anonymousreply 3April 22, 2018 10:43 PM

The Economist, of course.

by Anonymousreply 4April 22, 2018 10:44 PM

AMEN, OP! The NYTs leftist/globalist/SJW propaganda is now so obvious, it is annoying and insulting to one's intelligence. Since the NYTs selling of the second Iraqi invasion, I always say that the only truthful section of the NYTs is Arts & Leisure. The New Yorker is getting their but it still has a lot of fact-based, interesting and well written stories that I still read it.

I do like posting truth bomb comments when the NYTs allows them, which is getting rarer. The commentors are often a lot more informed and intelligent than the reports or op ed people. I read the Wall Street Journal and various international sources.

by Anonymousreply 5April 22, 2018 10:46 PM

NYT and WaPo for serious. NYT sees the same things I see. So, I like em.

Then HuffPost for laughs

by Anonymousreply 6April 22, 2018 10:51 PM

They all have agendas. Bloomberg and BBC are also worth checking.

by Anonymousreply 7April 22, 2018 10:51 PM

NY Times is just much more obvious about it these days R7

It's little things, like a headline that says "Trump lies about X" whereas WaPo and NPR will make that "Trump say X, provides no evidence" -- means the same thing but lets the reader draw the conclusion "lies"

by Anonymousreply 8April 22, 2018 10:53 PM

Not disagreeing, R8. When I'm at the gym I watch CNN, MSNBC and Fox. All of them. Just to see what they're all saying.

by Anonymousreply 9April 22, 2018 10:54 PM

"Agendas" FFS. Not every medium needs to parrot Fox News. Newspapers should have an editorial voice.

by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2018 10:58 PM

Maybe that's saying the same thing R10.

by Anonymousreply 11April 22, 2018 10:59 PM

AP,NYTs,Wash Post ProPuplica,The Guardian NPR.

by Anonymousreply 12April 22, 2018 11:09 PM

Here.

by Anonymousreply 13April 22, 2018 11:27 PM

R1 Daily Fail is right wing..they're the worst. I get my news from PBS newshour and CNN international. CNN US covers two or three topics all day. CNN International has deeper diverse news and a lot of great feature stories and shows.

by Anonymousreply 14April 22, 2018 11:32 PM

NOT CNN.

by Anonymousreply 15April 22, 2018 11:33 PM

[quote]CNN International has deeper diverse news and a lot of great feature stories and shows.

They're absurd. Rows of people all with exactly the same opinion.

by Anonymousreply 16April 22, 2018 11:34 PM

[quote]CNN International has deeper diverse news and a lot of great feature stories and shows.

Don't make me laugh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 22, 2018 11:35 PM

Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 18April 22, 2018 11:37 PM

[quote][R1] Daily Fail is right wing..they're the worst

This from the idiot who watches the morons on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 19April 22, 2018 11:37 PM

I also get most of my news from here, r13. The comments here help me understand it from multiple angles, unlike just reading it off a news site. I do also look at the BBC News app, but I still follow up on DL.

by Anonymousreply 20April 22, 2018 11:38 PM

BBC, Guardian, Globe and Mail, Bloomberg, Washington Post, the Japan Times, Reuters, AP, Canadian Press, the Atlantic, only occasionally the NYTimes (love its crossword and puzzles and book reviews though).

by Anonymousreply 21April 22, 2018 11:38 PM

Washington Post. Lands on my front porch every morning. And NYT some. Watch CNN and MSNBC. I think I need to cut back. I am exhausted.

by Anonymousreply 22April 22, 2018 11:39 PM

[quote]I also get most of my news from here, [R13]. The comments here help me understand it from multiple angles

Multiple angles? Politically there's only one point of view allowed, on anything, or they get chased off the forum.

by Anonymousreply 23April 22, 2018 11:41 PM

CNN is so absurd.

Trump's an idiot! Come back after the break and we'll talk to some guy who thinks Trumps an idiot. Then a panel discussion about what an idiot we think Trump is - expect lots of shaking of heads. Then, don't miss the Trump's an idiot special.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 22, 2018 11:46 PM

Hilarity ensues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 22, 2018 11:47 PM

R18. Thanks for the belly laugh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 23, 2018 12:44 AM

I like Jake Tapper on CNN, but can't stand those idiots Cuomo and Lemon. Bret Baier on Fox is very good.

by Anonymousreply 27April 23, 2018 1:04 AM

I don't pay attention to TV or radio since they restrict the who/what/where/when aspects.

I use Arstechnica , Guardian, Mother Jones, Telegraph, and Sun Times for dailies, Economist and Atlantic for long form, and Google, Fark, and Reddit for quickies.

Wonkette keeps me pissed and driven for afternoon work.

by Anonymousreply 28April 23, 2018 1:28 AM

The Daily Mail gets a lot of hate but it really does a fine job on breaking news even if it is aggregated from god-knows-where. Also it's fluff is hard to beat. It's taken the place of early years TMZ. I also read the NYT and Washington Post for Trump coverage. I can't stand the Guardian anymore.

by Anonymousreply 29April 23, 2018 1:34 AM

*its

by Anonymousreply 30April 23, 2018 1:34 AM

[quote]The Daily Mail gets a lot of hate but it really does a fine job on breaking news even if it is aggregated from god-knows-where.

what I like about it is that it keeps updating.

many of the British newspaper sites run stories on their front pages that are 7 months old.

Also it's very "people" focused - which is fun.

You just need to take aspects of it with a pinch of salt.

& the homophobia on there is pretty rare these days -even in the comments section. I think they realised it was archaic.

by Anonymousreply 31April 23, 2018 1:39 AM

R15 R16 R17 R19 and R25 I clearly said CNN International. Y'all are too dumb you think the content aired on CNN US is the same content aired on CNN worldwide. CNN International covers a lot of news about things happening in the world. CNN US has a line of anchors all day talking about Trump

by Anonymousreply 32April 23, 2018 3:20 AM

NYT, WaPo, MSNBC, Twitter

by Anonymousreply 33April 23, 2018 7:33 PM

Axios has some interesting articles. Don't laugh (too hard anyway) but Daily Beast and Buzzfeed have some interesting articles from time to time. Remember, Buzzfeed published the Steele Dossier when no one else would...and for fun, Stephen Colbert...Yeah, plus Politico, Vanity Fair news section, Guardian, WaPo, etc.

by Anonymousreply 34April 23, 2018 7:42 PM

The Associated Press.

by Anonymousreply 35April 23, 2018 7:42 PM

NY Times and the Guardian are too obvious and insulting with their propaganda now. And I used to read both of them all the time. The New Yorker has deteriorated - I no longer read it. (I used to look forward to it every week). They are hiring idiots who have written for "Vice" or "Vox". It's all the same, false garbage. Used to like the Nation (when Hitchens was in it). I gave up on that one, too.

I get news from DL! Someone links something - I like the discussion around it, too. Sometimes I seek out things on Twitter.

I am actually trying to avoid the news...it is so depressing in every subject!

by Anonymousreply 36April 23, 2018 7:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!