Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Waffle House Patron James Shaw, Jr. Hailed As Hero For Stopping Naked Gunman Rampage

How many of you racist posters would have done the same?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 24, 2018 10:51 AM

Don't you even take one day off, you race-baiting troll? It's a beautiful day, go for a walk.

by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2018 9:23 PM

So Shaw understood what to do, but the Broward County Sheriff's Department didn't? He should run for sheriff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 22, 2018 9:24 PM

I read about his actions over on the DailyMail, and was hoping to find a thread about him here. OP, here's an idea. Don't start by accusing everyone of being a racist, because we're not. I get it: I get very frustrated by the racism I encounter on this board (and I'm white). I was just hoping to have a chance to comment on what a hero he is, and I also think he's very handsome. If you're trying to bait the racists, you're only going to derail what might be a nice thread to appreciate a really good guy, with a bunch of reactionary posts instead. Maybe start a new thread?

by Anonymousreply 3April 22, 2018 9:24 PM

Pffft, if I was there I would have thrown down and snatched that gun out of his hand. I'm not impressed.

by Anonymousreply 4April 22, 2018 9:26 PM

He's a hero in my book-i'm glad he was able to save others.

by Anonymousreply 5April 22, 2018 9:30 PM

R2, that might be one of the stupidest memes I've ever seen. You gun nuts are pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 6April 22, 2018 9:34 PM

I keep thinking it says "White House," not "Waffle House."

by Anonymousreply 7April 22, 2018 9:35 PM

plus he has a great retro style in the OP photo

by Anonymousreply 8April 22, 2018 9:35 PM

This is exactly why I don't go anywhere. But kodos to him for being strong and brave.

God bless the brother.

by Anonymousreply 9April 22, 2018 9:36 PM

[quote]Don't start by accusing everyone of being a racist, because we're not.

Agreed - many of you are also bigots.

by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2018 9:36 PM

American history dosent lie it's very ugly.

by Anonymousreply 11April 22, 2018 9:38 PM

[quote] How many of you racist posters would have done the same?

Was he a hot, white, naked gunman? I can't answer your question without all the relevant information.

by Anonymousreply 12April 22, 2018 9:38 PM

At leas he didn't get arrested for loitering.

by Anonymousreply 13April 22, 2018 9:40 PM

I sometimes daydream about how I would react if I were confronted with an emergency, and I honestly don't know. I hope I'd have the guts to do the courageous thing. The truth is, many people will simply cower in fear, but some times, someone will do something brave. That's human nature. I try to avoid condemning people who cower, but there's not much judgment there. But we should always be willing to thank the people who have more courage than most.

[quote]If it was going to come down to it, he was going to have to work to kill me

[quote]I was doing it just to save myself,โ€ he said. โ€œMy doing that, I did save other people, but I don't want people to think I was the Terminator or Superman or anybody like that.โ€

That's James Shaw, Jr. speaking. It's a shame we'll probably learn the shooter's name before we come to know his name.

by Anonymousreply 14April 22, 2018 9:44 PM

He's hot.

by Anonymousreply 15April 22, 2018 9:46 PM

Shaw probably doesn't realize it but he followed Jimmy Hoffa's advice. Jimmy often brawled with strikebreakers in his early days and would tell people ๐’‚๐’•๐’•๐’‚๐’„๐’Œ ๐’‚ ๐’ˆ๐’–๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’–๐’• ๐’“๐’–๐’ ๐’‡๐’“๐’๐’Ž ๐’‚ ๐’Œ๐’๐’Š๐’‡๐’†. Regardless of Hoffa ultimately wound up that's very sensible advice.

by Anonymousreply 16April 22, 2018 9:46 PM

Bye, RACIST! shriekers. Thanks for rendering unreadable yet another thread.

by Anonymousreply 17April 22, 2018 9:46 PM

OP = the racist

by Anonymousreply 18April 22, 2018 9:54 PM

R17, Why not offer some countering post? I think most of the posts here have been supportive of James Shaw, Jr. I don't really know how they couldn't. Unfortunately, it's difficult to fight back against that crap. So instead, you have to start your own thread, or fill a thread with posts that share your point of view. I've only posted twice on this thread, and will probably leave it soon, but wanted to direct it to appreciating a humble, heroic person.

by Anonymousreply 19April 22, 2018 9:56 PM

THE WAFFLE HOUSE RAMPAGE, starring Michael B. Jordan as the Waffle House Hero. Tom Holland as Naked Gunman. Mo'Nique and Tilda Swinton as Two Waffle House Waitresses.

by Anonymousreply 20April 22, 2018 10:20 PM

...and Dame Judi Dench.

by Anonymousreply 21April 22, 2018 10:48 PM

As more is becoming known about Travis Reinking, the suspect wanted for murdering four people in a Nashville area Waffle House this morning, weโ€™re hearing a familiar refrain. Reinking was well known to both federal and state authorities.

In July 2017, the U.S. Secret Service arrested Reinking for being in a โ€œrestricted areaโ€ near the White House, according to the Secret Service. After the arrest, his Illinois firearms authorization was revoked and local Illinois police seized four weapons.

The firearms were given back to his family.

โ€œAmong the weapons seized by those authorities was the AR-15 rifle used at the Waffle House today,โ€ said Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron at a Sunday afternoon news conference.

Police believe Reinkingโ€™s father received the weapons after their confiscation, and returned them to his son.

by Anonymousreply 22April 22, 2018 10:58 PM

The only good white men are dead ones. They can't do anything bad ever again. Fuck that white trash asshole.

Damn gun nuts.

by Anonymousreply 23April 22, 2018 11:00 PM

[Quote]OP = the racist

R18, where were you during the thread asking if Gabby Sidibe should be sent to live in a zoo? Dozens of replies actually advocating physically tossing a human bring into the gorilla cage to "be with her relatives," don't recall any disagreement from you.

You're a tone deaf shit head, whose neices and nephews will eventually spit roast you once they grow tired of your bullshit. Keep buryimg your head in the sand.

by Anonymousreply 24April 22, 2018 11:05 PM

As.....who, r21?

by Anonymousreply 25April 22, 2018 11:07 PM

I assume in the Marion Mercer role.

by Anonymousreply 26April 22, 2018 11:07 PM

R18 needs a straight jacket

by Anonymousreply 27April 22, 2018 11:11 PM

GURL HE FINE

by Anonymousreply 28April 22, 2018 11:19 PM

This whole shooting NEVER would have happened if I had wanted some waffles this morning...

by Anonymousreply 29April 23, 2018 12:40 AM

Curious question: We know that the killer killed 3 blacks and one latino before he was disarmed. Was he only targeting people of color? Were the wounded also non-white? If the hero had not acted would he have just shot people of color or would he have shot whites as well?

by Anonymousreply 30April 24, 2018 12:38 AM

Yes, R9, my policy too. As Noel Coward wrote (and Elaine Stritch sang), "Why do the wrong people travel, when the right people stay at home? "

by Anonymousreply 31April 24, 2018 1:13 AM

Wow. I just saw a bit of his press conference. What an attractive personable guy. I hope he gets some mileage out of this, if he wants to.

by Anonymousreply 32April 24, 2018 5:39 AM

There's a depressing Daily Mail aspect to DL, any story sympathetic to people of color is ignored or attacked by commentators, whereas a negative story get's inundated . A Mail report of the Georgia celebration of Hitlers birthday (!!!!) got very few comments apart from those defending freedom of speech, which is a familiar cry here also. DL is a lot of fun but is dragged down by the racists/reactionaries,it's enjoyable seeing them taken down by the open minded here but they are tedious, meanwhile James Shaw should be getting a medal.

by Anonymousreply 33April 24, 2018 8:01 AM

R33,meet R32.

by Anonymousreply 34April 24, 2018 9:21 AM

No tweet from Trump?

by Anonymousreply 35April 24, 2018 9:34 AM

There were good people on both sides.

by Anonymousreply 36April 24, 2018 9:38 AM

[Quote]There were good people on both sides.

Which sides would that be, the victim side and the shooter side?

by Anonymousreply 37April 24, 2018 10:26 AM

James Shaw is a brave, handsome guy. Thatโ€™s all Iโ€™m saying. Heโ€™s from where I went to see the eclipse last year with my puppy. Wonderful people live there, friendly and generous.

by Anonymousreply 38April 24, 2018 10:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!