Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Close encounter with a Frau in the park today!

Spring has finally arrived in NYC. I took a walk in the park today and noticed that there were beautiful patches of tulips and daffodils in full bloom. So beautiful that I feel like if I waited one more day they would fade, so I took out my phone and started taking pictures of them. The iPhone has a “portrait“ setting now that makes some pictures look really good and I wanted to try it. Anyway I was trying the setting and I think you have to hold the camera steady and be at a certain distance so while I was pointing the viewer at the patch and waiting for the message on the screen to pass, a ball rolls into the background and a small child runs after it. I stood there aiming my phone on the patch of flowers and waiting for the child to walk past when all of a sudden a Frau appears and says “don’t YOU take a picture of MY child!!“ and she hurried the child off giving me a withering stare over her shoulder repeatedly looking back as she shuttled the child away, clucking after her little crotch dropping, giving me a look as if I were some kind of a criminal! Isn’t it EVERYONE’s park? Last time I checked I pay a decent amount of taxes for these services. Fuck her, twat.

by Anonymousreply 48April 27, 2018 1:32 AM

WPP.

by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2018 9:18 PM

This never happened.

Which "the park" are you referring to?

by Anonymousreply 2April 22, 2018 9:38 PM

did you kidnap the baby?

by Anonymousreply 3April 22, 2018 9:46 PM

I would I've said: oh no, sorry, don't worry, I was photographing the flowers, not the child.

And I would have gone on about my business.

Where's the problem?

by Anonymousreply 4April 22, 2018 9:52 PM

Who photographs stupid tulips?!

by Anonymousreply 5April 22, 2018 9:55 PM

Kids with mothers like that grow up even more insane than the mom, OP.

I mean even if for some reason it looked like you were taking a photo of her kid, she might have asked rather than assumed you were photographing her fully clothed child for nefarious purposes.

by Anonymousreply 6April 22, 2018 10:11 PM

0/10

by Anonymousreply 7April 22, 2018 10:16 PM

This reminds me of the threads Noodles would always start about fraus and their phones.

by Anonymousreply 8April 22, 2018 10:17 PM

Noodles “would” start? Is it dead?

by Anonymousreply 9April 22, 2018 10:18 PM

You should have haughtily said "Why don't you control YOUR child so he/she won't ruin MY picture?"

by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2018 11:56 PM

The OP is just a dumb troll with way too much time on his hands.

by Anonymousreply 11April 22, 2018 11:57 PM

[quote] The iPhone has a “portrait“ setting now that makes some pictures look really good

The iPhone has always had portrait setting.

by Anonymousreply 12April 23, 2018 7:40 PM

Tulips & daffodils don’t bloom at the same time, OP.

But thanks for playing

by Anonymousreply 13April 23, 2018 7:43 PM

Now “regular” hyacinths do bloom at the same time as daffodils. They look good with mini daffodils.

Funny, it’s nowhere near 60 degrees here (high 40s) in my corner of the NE coast, but spring broke out today. Forsythia, magnolia, daffodils, hyacinths ...all up.

by Anonymousreply 14April 23, 2018 7:58 PM

[quote]You should have haughtily said "Why don't you control YOUR child so he/she won't ruin MY picture?"

Refer to their children as "cub," "spawn," or "issue" to fully register your contempt.

by Anonymousreply 15April 23, 2018 7:58 PM

You presented hole to that young child, OP, and mother saw you. Confess!!!

by Anonymousreply 16April 23, 2018 8:01 PM

Was it Cynthia Nixon?

by Anonymousreply 17April 23, 2018 8:02 PM

OP, the datalounge is now crowded by frauen, with over 75 % of DLers being hetero females. They are the ones who start all the fake threads. Gay DLers have called them out recently quite a lot, and they are out there seeking revenge. Sorry for your thread, completely valid. These obnoxious creatures should be fined when they attack passers by. But we are outnumbered here.

by Anonymousreply 18April 23, 2018 8:12 PM

Fraus are the worst.

by Anonymousreply 19April 23, 2018 8:22 PM

R18, you could be right. They’re responsible for the Lee Pace and Supernarural Threads - those never die.

by Anonymousreply 20April 23, 2018 8:23 PM

I agree R19. I had an encounter with one at the dentists office last week. It was bizarre. And it wasn't the first time either. I did nothing wrong yet this frau-mom was shrieking in my face while holding her 2 yr old toddler. I know how you feel OP. The fact that she couldn't see the whole picture (no pun intended) and blamed you when you were the one that was wronged is indicative of narcissism. A normal person would not have let his/her child ruin your photo or would have distracted the child, thus preventing the child from being in your way. There was no reason the child had to be in that exact spot at that exact moment. Total disregard and lack of consideration and lack of awareness too are very typical for people with NPD. At least you never have to see her again. That poor child is stuck with her for the next 15 yrs or more.

by Anonymousreply 21April 23, 2018 8:31 PM

^ I meant R18.

by Anonymousreply 22April 23, 2018 8:33 PM

Babies are best pan sautéed in a light butter and garlic sauce.

by Anonymousreply 23April 23, 2018 8:34 PM

Of all things living, a frau's the worst!

by Anonymousreply 24April 23, 2018 9:22 PM

Whenever you encounter a vicious frau, just repeat this: "it's all a big nothing, what makes you think you're so special?"

by Anonymousreply 25April 23, 2018 9:40 PM

When she calls the police, quietly tell them she is mentally ill and the crotch fruit needs to go into foster care.

by Anonymousreply 26April 23, 2018 10:27 PM

The "YOU" in all caps in 'Don't YOU take..." was the last straw in giving you away, OP. As if some random frau with a running toddler has time to size YOU up.

by Anonymousreply 27April 23, 2018 11:06 PM

I feel like the people making the earlier comments are straight gals. What is it with hetero women and Datalounge now?

by Anonymousreply 28April 23, 2018 11:13 PM

Oh cut the shit. We have the internet now. If we knew what we know now, your own Mothers wouldn't want some stranger taking your picture.

by Anonymousreply 29April 23, 2018 11:18 PM

U should have shat on her mouth

by Anonymousreply 30April 23, 2018 11:50 PM

This reminds me there was a man standing in the street taking a photo of the ocean and some bicyclists (maybe they were his family?) he even had an assistant with him, and I lay on the horn when he didn’t move or even acknowledge me.

He missed his shot.

I was in NO mood, for some reason. Usually i’m Very kind to tourists but today I was like, “Yes, it’s all very pretty NOW GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE ROAD!!!”

by Anonymousreply 31April 23, 2018 11:53 PM

OP, you should have kicked her in the cunt. That would show her who is Queen of the Park!

by Anonymousreply 32April 24, 2018 12:00 AM

Close Encounters of the Frau Kind

by Anonymousreply 33April 24, 2018 12:01 AM

R13, I have both daffodils and tulips in bloom right now. In Ohio, of course, but I can't imagine NYC would be all that different. It's really tiresome to have fucking troll-chasers disputing every single anecdote with "this never happened". I've never bothered to make up any stories, but I've been told, repeatedly, that I'm a liar and a troll for posting some absolutely mundane thing that has happened to me. The OP's story sounds like real-life incidents that I've had, so I don't see why I'd question it.

by Anonymousreply 34April 24, 2018 1:16 AM

Shoulda said: "Tell fatass Braythony to hustle his tits cause I wanna get a picture of these here flowers that my tax dollars paid for. Twat."

by Anonymousreply 35April 24, 2018 3:15 AM

[QUOTE] Tulips & daffodils don’t bloom at the same time, OP.

Maybe not in Happy Valley, USA where you live. But in NYC they are definitely blooming at the same time after a long cool winter and its next to the river so there’s a microclimate there anyway so don’t tell me.

by Anonymousreply 36April 24, 2018 11:22 AM

I have been banned from posting yesterday immediately after calling out the frauen who terrorize DL, but I won't be silenced. This is still a gay site where gay men should feel safe to express their opinions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 24, 2018 7:43 PM

[quote] Now “regular” hyacinths do bloom at the same time as daffodils.

Right. But grape hyacinths bloom later than daffodils. The net is full of photos of grape hyacinths blooming in front of blooming daffodils. Doesn’t happen. Grape hyacinths bloom weeks after daffodils stop blooming. The only time you get grape hyacinths and daffodils blooming at the same time is if you bought forced bulbs from a garden center, then planted them together. Better take that photo ASAP because next year, it ain’t gonna look like that

by Anonymousreply 38April 24, 2018 9:58 PM

This pic is a lie! It’s gardening fake news

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 24, 2018 10:00 PM

These arguments are so silly, really (which I enjoy). There are many different varieties of tulips, some of which bloom very early, others are mid-season, and some are late. The same thing with daffodils: there are some extremely early blooming narcissus, but some varieties are rather late blooming. Most of my narcissus are finished blooming, but I still have a few in bloom now, while my tulips are in bloom. There are many species and varieties of grape hyacinths (muscari) which have slightly different seasons. My grape hyacinths bloomed a few weeks ago when I had more daffodils in bloom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 24, 2018 10:45 PM

BTW, for anyone who wants to doubt me the park is Carl Schurz Park in the Gracie Square neighborhood and the flowers are fading now but they’re still visible. There were hyacinths tulips and daffodils all at once. Sorry that you don’t want to believe me, but there were. There was also forsythia and flowering trees, maybe some kind of dogwood or magnolia. Sorry that no one wants to believe the park was blooming. Sorry that you don’t live in NYC too.

by Anonymousreply 41April 25, 2018 2:08 AM

I used to be sorry I didn't live in NYC, too, until it became uncool and also, reading about the rats on DL.

by Anonymousreply 42April 25, 2018 2:13 AM

OP/R41 Fuck the poster who doesn't believe you. She's probably the one in the park that day with her kid who barked at you. Then she posted about the timing of the blooms, as a distraction, to deflect. Typical narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 43April 25, 2018 6:16 AM

Yes, R43, I'll be banned again for saying it, but the frauen are obviously posting these stupid comments about the blooms, to dilute the thread. That's their new strategy of censorship. After invading DL, which was a safe space for gay men, they dictate, they censor, etc. Typical frauen fascist behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 44April 25, 2018 11:09 AM

R41, is Carl Schurz Park still cruisey at night?

by Anonymousreply 45April 26, 2018 9:17 AM

[QUOTE] The iPhone has always had portrait setting.

The portrait ‘bokeh’ effect feature came only with the iPhone 7 Plus, which is what I have. You twat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 26, 2018 11:22 PM

OP, you should have bent over and presented hole.

by Anonymousreply 47April 27, 2018 12:05 AM

No I don’t think so R46. I hear it used to be back in the 70s-90s but from what I see it’s pretty much a family type park now even at night. Plus the cops are always there because of Gracie Mansion and the First Family actually living in it unlike Bloomberg and the last portion of Giuliani’s second term. Now with apps I don’t think that’s a popular way to hook up anymore

by Anonymousreply 48April 27, 2018 1:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!