Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

57 years ago Judy Garland was rehearsing

For her legendary Carnegie Hall concert the next day.

Were any of you eldergays there?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 23, 2018 5:03 PM

15 minuets ago I was shitting.

by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2018 5:42 PM

Erna, who is almost 100, said she was there.

by Anonymousreply 2April 22, 2018 5:48 PM

Check your math OP

by Anonymousreply 3April 22, 2018 5:52 PM

Oops wrong thread R3

by Anonymousreply 4April 22, 2018 5:53 PM

Come on, she was boring. Do you guys really play Judy Garland ? She's So sad. And the poor thing was really not pretty. I liked her in ' a child is waiting '. Next.

by Anonymousreply 5April 22, 2018 5:55 PM

Saw her. It was awful.

by Anonymousreply 6April 22, 2018 6:05 PM

Left after three songs.

I had to alphabetize my recipe cards.

by Anonymousreply 7April 22, 2018 6:09 PM

I was six at the time; however, I was very much aware that it was the concert of the century. My parents discussed it. We were highly evolved. It is one of my earliest childhood memories.

by Anonymousreply 8April 22, 2018 7:47 PM

We are the same age as homosexuals Tammy, Brad, and George, and we were 7 when our Aunt took us to see Judy in concert.

by Anonymousreply 9April 22, 2018 8:01 PM

She rehearsed!?

by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2018 8:03 PM

57 years ago today, Judy was getting drunk and high, like she did every day of her life.

by Anonymousreply 11April 22, 2018 8:05 PM

R11

You beat me to it. I think she was at the Plaza.

by Anonymousreply 12April 22, 2018 8:16 PM

I threw tomatoes and walked out.

by Anonymousreply 13April 22, 2018 10:33 PM

My boyfriend slapped me for bringing him there. I am still in trouble over that one.

by Anonymousreply 14April 22, 2018 10:48 PM

[quote]We are the same age as homosexuals Tammy, Brad, and George, and we were 7 when our Aunt took us to see Judy in concert.

Erna: You are not in your 50s. Not even close.

Even if you mother took you to see Judy the very last day she lived, and your story is true, you would be 57. But you look well into your late 60s in your pics.

by Anonymousreply 15April 23, 2018 1:36 AM

[quote]We are the same age as homosexuals Tammy, Brad, and George

I think it's precious that plain, old Mrs Patric Campbell looks in to the mirror an sees glamorous movies stars who've had extensive plastic surgery.

Bless his heart.

by Anonymousreply 16April 23, 2018 1:55 AM

She easily beats any of the divas doing their fucking endless trills with no cunt or soul in their voices, a la mariah, Witless Houston Xtina et al

by Anonymousreply 17April 23, 2018 2:06 AM

Ho sad that r15 is so old/ugly that she does not post her own photos?

by Anonymousreply 18April 23, 2018 10:12 AM

No, but I saw essentially the same concert in October 1961 in Boston. I was a freshman in college. Until the Carnegie Hall album, I knew very little about her.

by Anonymousreply 19April 23, 2018 2:40 PM

R18 Because I'm not an narcissistic idiot like you, Mrs Patrick Campbell. That's why.

by Anonymousreply 20April 23, 2018 3:47 PM

It's a wonderful record of Judy in concert and certainly her audience went wild as they did almost any time she was in good voice and delivered. But while in good voice, it is not her best recorded music in any sense. It captures the excitement and feel of a concert, but there are many examples of her singing the same songs as well or better. I think the hype has been blown up a bit over the years. That said, it's wonderful to have on a 2 CD set.

I feel much the same about the supposed historic and over the top Happy Days/Get Happy duet with Streisand on Garlands TV show. Neither at their best- rather two or their iconic "hits" blended- neither being served well. Their other duets on the same show are better!

by Anonymousreply 21April 23, 2018 5:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!