Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A naked man with an AR-15 and a green jacket walks into a Waffle House...

[quote]One person was killed, and 6 others were wounded in a shooting inside a Waffle House at 3571 Murfreesboro Pike in Antioch near Pin Hook Road.

[quote]The shooting took place at approximately 3:30 a.m. Sunday. According to police at the scene, a white man who was naked except for a green jacket went into the restaurant and started firing. They described the gun he used as an AR-15. Police are still searching for him at this time.

[quote]At least one victim was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center in critical condition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191April 25, 2018 11:23 AM

Three dead now

by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2018 10:31 AM

This is why you get your orders TO GO, people!

by Anonymousreply 2April 22, 2018 10:32 AM

I read this as White House.

by Anonymousreply 3April 22, 2018 10:33 AM

This is why mentally ill people should all have guns. We should legalize tanks and grenades to make killing even easier.

by Anonymousreply 4April 22, 2018 11:08 AM

Americans are an angry, violent people.

by Anonymousreply 5April 22, 2018 11:13 AM

More shit goes down in Atlanta Waffle Houses between 2 and 5 am than even in the Tech Homes projects.

by Anonymousreply 6April 22, 2018 11:25 AM

Where's Antioch? I don't feel like clicking that link. Local television station websites have too many pop ups and it bothers me.

by Anonymousreply 7April 22, 2018 11:29 AM

Dead Deplorables.

They want easy access to guns; they got easy access to guns

by Anonymousreply 8April 22, 2018 11:43 AM

We should give more guns to more mentally ill people in all the states south of the Manson-Nixon Line.

by Anonymousreply 9April 22, 2018 12:54 PM

A naked man with an AR-15 and a green jacket?

I'll betcha he wasn't even the scariest looking customer in there until he started shooting.

by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2018 12:57 PM

Four dead now.

Hard to save AR-15 shooting victims.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 22, 2018 1:00 PM

[QUOTE]In a typical handgun injury, which I diagnose almost daily, a bullet leaves a laceration through an organ such as the liver. To a radiologist, it appears as a linear, thin, gray bullet track through the organ. There may be bleeding and some bullet fragments.

[QUOTE]I was looking at a CT scan of one of the mass-shooting victims from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, who had been brought to the trauma center during my call shift. The organ looked like an overripe melon smashed by a sledgehammer, and was bleeding extensively. How could a gunshot wound have caused this much damage?

[QUOTE]The reaction in the emergency room was the same. One of the trauma surgeons opened a young victim in the operating room, and found only shreds of the organ that had been hit by a bullet from an AR-15, a semiautomatic rifle that delivers a devastatingly lethal, high-velocity bullet to the victim. Nothing was left to repair—and utterly, devastatingly, nothing could be done to fix the problem. The injury was fatal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 22, 2018 1:03 PM

Why do I always miss this stuff? GodDAMNit.

by Anonymousreply 13April 22, 2018 1:05 PM

His (public) social media has some hints of crazy, but he likes tons of pop music, including Troye Sivan and 1D. Def doesn't seem like a complete deplorable. So, one might consider mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 14April 22, 2018 1:08 PM

[quote]Dead Deplorables.

In the meantime, this weekend in Chicago will be like most others.

I wonder why the carnage there gets so little coverage?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 22, 2018 1:08 PM

Sounds like a fun night, except for the killing and stuff.

by Anonymousreply 16April 22, 2018 1:11 PM

Troye sivan fan? Umm he might've been a DLer.

by Anonymousreply 17April 22, 2018 1:13 PM

Did he presents hole first?

by Anonymousreply 18April 22, 2018 1:14 PM

I wonder why the deplorables are so obsessed with Chicago when it's not even in the top 10 most violent cities or even in the top ten of gun death rates.

by Anonymousreply 19April 22, 2018 1:14 PM

That's a new twist on things. Entertaining. I honestly don't give a fuck when Americans get mowed down since we refuse to do anything about it. Hope they can get Waffle House hosed down and back open for the dinner shift.

by Anonymousreply 20April 22, 2018 1:20 PM

R19 Ok fine... the post above mentions 21 people shot in Chicago the other weekend.

If the thugs doing the shooting aren't "deplorable" enough for you, do want statistics for St. Louis?

by Anonymousreply 21April 22, 2018 1:28 PM

(continued) my point being that the "Waffle House" guy is small potatoes compared to what happens in Chicago, Baltimore, St Louis, Detroit, New Orleans, Hartford.... almost everyday.

Talk about deplorables...

by Anonymousreply 22April 22, 2018 1:35 PM

The shooter is young and cute!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 22, 2018 1:40 PM

Verificata of sizemeat?

by Anonymousreply 24April 22, 2018 1:44 PM

R21, stats from St. Louis isn't going to get you very far with the crowd you're trying to impress. There's no community organizer from St. Louis who dared think he was good enough to take the ultimate white man's job.

by Anonymousreply 25April 22, 2018 1:48 PM

Not that it makes it right, but the people in urban cities shooting each other are usually gangs and drug dealers who pretty much kill each other. These other shootings involve innocent people getting mowed down when they are just going to school, out eating or the movies or going to church etc.

by Anonymousreply 26April 22, 2018 1:55 PM

Clearly, waitresses and fry cooks now need to be armed.

by Anonymousreply 27April 22, 2018 1:58 PM

If he's wearing a coat he's hardly naked. Fake news.

by Anonymousreply 28April 22, 2018 2:01 PM

R24 A survivor must have seen it because his tiny thing was exposed I bet he is the emperor of the teeny weeny peeny committee. What a sick fucking animal he is.

by Anonymousreply 29April 22, 2018 2:06 PM

Living the NRA dream: a gun for every maniac.

by Anonymousreply 30April 22, 2018 3:15 PM

Well thank god there was a good man with a gun to save to stop the bad man with a gun.

Oh, wait, it was just an unarmed guy who grabbed the gun away from the crazy guy with the gun.

My mistake.

by Anonymousreply 31April 22, 2018 3:33 PM

Because gang-on-gang violence doesn't concern people as much as random, innocent people getting shot. But you know that r15, and are just trolling.

by Anonymousreply 32April 22, 2018 3:55 PM

Waffle House? Violence? Please don't be black, please don't be black....(sees suspect's picture)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 22, 2018 3:59 PM

Look, if you are in a Waffle House at 3am in Tennessee, you clearly do not care whether you live or die. So there's that.

by Anonymousreply 34April 22, 2018 5:30 PM

The YouTube shooter had a hand gun instead of an AR15. No one died.

by Anonymousreply 35April 22, 2018 6:17 PM

I've spent more time than I care to admit at Waffle Houses, and yes, they make that bar in Star Wars seem like the ball pit at a McDonald's, but here's the thing, at 2am the unwritten rule is that Waffle House is neutral ground. You have cops sitting next to drug dealers, Klansmen next to Nation of Islam, skinheads next to good old boys--it doesn't matter because everyone's there for pecan waffles and coffee.

This jughead broke that rule, so the whole world is united against him. I predict his future is very short. There won't be a trial because he'll never get taken alive.

by Anonymousreply 36April 22, 2018 6:25 PM

R36 That is funny. The sacred unwritten rules of Waffle House have been violated so his rights to due process (which are really just suggested guidelines) are forfeit.

by Anonymousreply 37April 22, 2018 6:31 PM

Our hero:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 22, 2018 6:38 PM

Parkland students: This is what you're up against. Shootings are rarely or hardly even being covered as is evident today. This should be major news, but instead today's news, while serious (North Korea, Russia interfering with our elections, etc.), there is still so much time and space taken up with the asshole in The White House and his nonsensical tweets.

by Anonymousreply 39April 22, 2018 6:44 PM

To answer the question upthread -- Antioch is a suburb of Nashville. It borders on Brentwood, which is a middle to upper middle class neighborhood, but Antioch has some rough patches. Some of it is middle class, but there is also a lot of white trash lower class areas, too. I've heard that gangs are moving out there, but I wouldn't know for sure. My guess is he was probably high on meth or something, but, fuck, he did have an AR 15.

by Anonymousreply 40April 22, 2018 6:52 PM

The focus should be on the hero who stopped the killer.

by Anonymousreply 41April 22, 2018 6:54 PM

Thoughts and prayers, now pass the butter y'all.

by Anonymousreply 42April 22, 2018 7:02 PM

OP Was he hung?

by Anonymousreply 43April 22, 2018 7:04 PM

Has the "please let him not be, damn!" troll issued a statement? Oh wait a minute, never mind.

by Anonymousreply 44April 22, 2018 7:09 PM

Did he bring his bitch?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 22, 2018 7:18 PM

Cut or uncut?

by Anonymousreply 46April 22, 2018 7:25 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 47April 22, 2018 7:26 PM

You're literally posting...coverage there r15. I live near Chicago and half the local news report is on issues like that.

by Anonymousreply 48April 22, 2018 7:32 PM

The shooter, r47. He was wearing nothing but a jacket.

by Anonymousreply 49April 22, 2018 7:35 PM

He looks like a lesser Horton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 22, 2018 7:40 PM

one of his only public posts on facebook is about the "Illuminati" so he might not be into that whole sanity thing

by Anonymousreply 51April 22, 2018 7:41 PM

To add to r40: Antioch is a pretty diverse area as it’s one of the only still affordable parts of Nashville. Mexican, Central American, Ethiopian, and Kurd communities mixed in with black and white families. Working and middle class. The Waffle House this took place at is pretty new and the area isn’t super developed yet. It’s the second mass shooting this year, iirc. There was a church shooting a few months back.

by Anonymousreply 52April 22, 2018 8:02 PM

The person who fought him off

[quote]This is 29 year old James Shaw. He tackled and disarmed the suspected white supremacist terrorist Travis Reinking who shot up a Waffle House in Antioch Tn. This is a real American hero. He saved many lives

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 22, 2018 9:17 PM

If it weren't so tragic, it'd be hilarious! I tell ya, this country is becoming a macabre joke.

by Anonymousreply 54April 22, 2018 9:40 PM

This stuff isn’t even breaking news anymore. Unless it happens at a school or famous place, it’s just a regular old story. It happens so frequently that it can be hard to keep track. It’s just another day in America. Now here’s the latest stupid thing Trump tweeted.

by Anonymousreply 55April 22, 2018 10:03 PM

Tennessee = most likely uncut.

by Anonymousreply 56April 22, 2018 10:05 PM

From the Daily Mail:

He was arrested by the US Secret Service for crossing an exterior security barrier near the White House complex in July 2017 and charged with unlawful entry.

Reinking told Secret Service officials he was trying to set up a meeting with President Donald Trump.

After Reinking was interviewed by the FBI and Tazewell Sheriff's Department, his Illinois gun license was revoked at the request of the FBI.

Four of his weapons were seized by Tazewell authorities, including the AR-15 used in the Waffle House shooting, and the investigation was closed in October 2017.

[bold]The guns were returned by authorities to his father, who has since admitted to giving them back to Reinking[/bold].

Two of the four guns are not accounted for and authorities believe he may be at large with two of his previously-seized weapons.

by Anonymousreply 57April 22, 2018 10:17 PM

Then prosecute his father.

by Anonymousreply 58April 22, 2018 10:19 PM

Jesus Christ, the FBI wants his guns taken away after he tries to get to the President, and his father gives them back to him? That gene pool ain't real deep.

by Anonymousreply 59April 22, 2018 11:08 PM

Is he still at large? Maybe he SHOULD get that meeting with Trump...Pence, Ryan, Eubanks, Jared, etc. should all be present, too!

by Anonymousreply 60April 22, 2018 11:46 PM

He’s still at large. Sirens up and down the route all days long. Rain too which has probably impeded the search and the scent dogs.

by Anonymousreply 61April 22, 2018 11:48 PM

How hard can it be to find him? The man doesn’t have pants on.

by Anonymousreply 62April 22, 2018 11:50 PM

[quote]The man doesn’t have pants on.

I don't believe that narrows it down in Tennessee.

by Anonymousreply 63April 22, 2018 11:51 PM

At large and he likely still has two guns. Don't envy the locals tonight.

Three African American and one Hispanic deceased. Another Dylan Roof? I'm surprised the guy's social media activity hasn't been brought up yet. Probably another case of Trump derangement syndrome unleashed yet again?

by Anonymousreply 64April 22, 2018 11:52 PM

R62 - He was wearing pants but no shirt at his last sighting.

This just occurred to me and I hate that it popped into my mind, but the guy was probably jacking off in his pickup in preparation for the glorious assault. Serial killers get off on torturing and murdering their victims so it wouldn't be too far of a leap.

by Anonymousreply 65April 22, 2018 11:56 PM

The area surrounding the Waffle House is still pretty rural- lots of older single family homes on huge amounts of wooded acreage along with big state park and camping area. He’s either hiding in the woods or stole a vehicle.

Yeah, I think this was racially motivated too.

by Anonymousreply 66April 22, 2018 11:59 PM

The should bludgeon and kill this sick fuck when they find him. I don't want a trial, shoot to kill this cottage cheese filled cunt. Shoot his cock off since he's pamtless that disturbed fucking freak.

by Anonymousreply 67April 23, 2018 12:00 AM

I meant pantless

by Anonymousreply 68April 23, 2018 12:00 AM

It's always some crazy eyed cracker.

by Anonymousreply 69April 23, 2018 12:37 AM

R67 you’re my kinda guy.

I also hope he dies painfully at the hands of the police.

by Anonymousreply 70April 23, 2018 12:41 AM

Have to admit . . . he's better looking than any previous shooters.

by Anonymousreply 71April 23, 2018 12:42 AM

And his father STLL gave him all his guns back"

According to police reports released to ABC7 Chicago, Reinking had several interactions with police over the years, mostly for minor incidents.

In May 2016, police were called to a CVS parking lot, where Reinking was threatening to kill himself. Family present at the time said that Reinking had delusions since 2014 involving singer Taylor Swift, whom he believed was stalking and harassing him.

Reinking told officers that Swift had told him to meet her at a Morton Dairy Queen and had hacked his phone and Netflix account. Reinking also believed that his family and police were involved in the harassment, officials said.

At the time, Reinking's family informed police that he was in possession of firearms, but there is no record of any action being taken to remove the guns from Reinking's possession at the time.

In June 2017, Reinking exposed himself at a pool while wearing a pink woman's house coat, according to a police report. Earlier the same day, Reinking had gotten into a shouting match with a crane company employee, who said Reinking was wearing the house coat and holding an AR-15 rifle, the report said.

Reinking was then arrested in July 2017 for entering a restricted area near the White House, a Secret Service official said Sunday. He was asked to leave, but declined, wanting to set up a meeting with the president. He was arrested for unlawful entry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 23, 2018 1:57 AM

R72. Well, at least it wasn't a caftan.

by Anonymousreply 73April 23, 2018 2:01 AM

R72, He's going to receive a lot of unlawful entry if he's captured, convicted and jailed.

by Anonymousreply 74April 23, 2018 2:04 AM

[quote] In June 2017, Reinking exposed himself at a pool while wearing a pink woman's house coat, according to a police report.

If he turns out to be an autogynephile, DL will explode.

by Anonymousreply 75April 23, 2018 2:07 AM

[quote] In May 2016, police were called to a CVS parking lot, where Reinking was threatening to kill himself. Family present at the time said that Reinking had delusions since 2014 involving singer Taylor Swift, whom he believed was stalking and harassing him.

[quote] Reinking told officers that Swift had told him to meet her at a Morton Dairy Queen and had hacked his phone and Netflix account.

You get a lot of psychos who stalk celebrities, but this is the first time I've heard of pne who believed a celebrity was stalking THEM.

by Anonymousreply 76April 23, 2018 2:13 AM

Thoughts and prayers, and more bullets and guns. But no healthcare, no mental health care access, no meds, no treatment for long terms, and no education.

Don’t forget to vote for us, pay your taxes, and buy more guns with your tax refunds!

by Anonymousreply 77April 23, 2018 2:37 AM

Could we please withhold judgment that he is another Dylan Roof until we learn more? With Roof there was no doubt. Facebook, tweets, KKK stuff etc. So far, what with the pink house coat, nudity and belief that he is being stalked by Swifty, he sounds just garden variety bug fuck crazy to me,

by Anonymousreply 78April 23, 2018 4:30 AM

He obviously has severe mental illness - like, Elisa Lam level mental illness. The criminal behavior is by his father, who knew his son was mentally ill and gave him an assault rifle anyway.

by Anonymousreply 79April 23, 2018 4:40 AM

Shoot him in the head Wardel, just shoot him in the head.

by Anonymousreply 80April 23, 2018 4:51 AM

Is it wrong to think it would be delicious if he made it to Trump this time and blew his head off?

Still think giving the mentally ill weapons is a good idea, Don?

Don??

by Anonymousreply 81April 23, 2018 5:26 AM

Yeah, it doesn't sound like he is the poster child for advocating bringing back forced institutionalization or anything.

Nope, no signs of potential violence there!

by Anonymousreply 82April 23, 2018 6:25 AM

r72 who gave the guns back to the father? And why?

The 'authorities' in these cases are the ones who need to be called out in addition to the father. It's highly possible he wouldn't be able to buy new weapons if he went anywhere near the WH and trespassed.

by Anonymousreply 83April 23, 2018 6:59 AM

I can only imagine the FBI was mandated by law to return the weapons to a "responsible" family member. What other explanation could there be? Other than the conspiracy Trump will spin to blame anyone but the perpetrator, his father, and a crocked system.

by Anonymousreply 84April 23, 2018 7:09 AM

[quote] Tennessee = most likely uncut.

Uncut is more prevalent and increasing in upper coastal progressives not in the backwaters.

by Anonymousreply 85April 23, 2018 7:11 AM

r84 why, if the guy is an adult why would they go back to the father? That's what I don't get. If you can't give them back to him because you've determined he's a threat then why aren't they confiscated.

by Anonymousreply 86April 23, 2018 7:25 AM

I know, R96. I don't disagree with you. This is going to hit the fan. I don't know how anyone, authorities or parents can explain this away.

by Anonymousreply 87April 23, 2018 7:43 AM

Another loony obsessed with Taylor Swift. I'm not a fan, but I'm starting to feel sorry for her.

by Anonymousreply 88April 23, 2018 9:19 AM

If only he'd known she's a lesbian totally uninterested in him.

by Anonymousreply 89April 23, 2018 9:35 AM

The FBI told local law enforcement to take away the guns and his license which they did, and then deputies gave the guns to the father, with the promise that he wouldn't give them back to his son. But he did.

Basically the FBI did their job, it was the local idiots who fucked it up. Of course Deplorables on Twitter are saying the FBI is entirely at fault, because Trump is always attacking the FBI.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90April 23, 2018 10:21 AM

I guess the Illuminati are hanging at the local Waffle Houses in the middle night to plot their new world order.

by Anonymousreply 91April 23, 2018 10:47 AM

He says Taylor Swift harassing him, drove him batshit, huh?

Wow, these small dicked, weak, stright, white guys really will look for anyone to blame for their violence nowadays.

Too bad 'Taylor' didn't convince him to hang himself in his attic before he could hurt other folks. No big loss.

by Anonymousreply 92April 23, 2018 12:08 PM

Honey if you wearin a green jacket you AIN’T naked

by Anonymousreply 93April 23, 2018 12:37 PM

I don’t care anymore. Nothing will change.

by Anonymousreply 94April 23, 2018 12:42 PM

If he hasn't been caught by now, I suspect he used the handgun to kill himself. It's been cold and rainy so tracking dogs will have a harder time and helicopters scanning can't pick up heat signatures from a cold corpse.

by Anonymousreply 95April 23, 2018 12:51 PM

So it appears it wasn't the FBI, but the local deputies who returned the guns to his father per MSNBC this morning.

by Anonymousreply 96April 23, 2018 1:13 PM

There have been no credible sightings of him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97April 23, 2018 1:17 PM

Where is the goddam pic of his cock? There must be video too.

by Anonymousreply 98April 23, 2018 1:20 PM

R89, Now you tell me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99April 23, 2018 1:22 PM

Doubt there's much to see R98. If he had anything worth looking at or enjoying, he'd have been off using it and not shooting up innocent people eating their g-damn pancakes.

Micro peen, all the way. At best, I'd guess three inches and no girth.

If we're going to get to see anyone's cock, let's hope for seeing James Shaw, Jr's. A man who can wrestle away a lunatic's skin melting AR15 from his tiny white fingers must have a horse cock as well as huge balls.

by Anonymousreply 100April 23, 2018 1:26 PM

He sounds like he has schizophrenia, and is in the midst of a psychotic exacerbation.

For those of you talking about improving mental health care, it is only going to get worse. Half of psychiatrists in the US are over 55 and beginning to retire. I am not yet there, but I only see patients a few days a week; I perform disability reviews from the comfort of my home the rest of the week. I have already been assaulted by a patient like Reinking, and will not treat patients with schizophrenia in my office as it is too unsafe. Inpatient psychiatric units are essentially fight clubs with patients attacking staff and each other. I will never set foot in another inpatient unit after being assaulted.

The issue isn't necessarily money - I have been recruited by the VA system and offered quite a bit, but I don't want to work with young male patients with good knowledge of firearms. No way.

by Anonymousreply 101April 23, 2018 1:49 PM

He was part of sovereign citizens, a right-wing extremist group

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102April 23, 2018 1:51 PM

Some info about the movement

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103April 23, 2018 1:52 PM

He has most likely killed himself in the woods, moldering away in the rain.

by Anonymousreply 104April 23, 2018 2:39 PM

Yes, the dogs were unable to track his scent

[quote]A police helicopter and a police dog tried to track the suspect after the shooting, but the dogs lost the scent, police said.

Apparently there are lots of woods around the area, so possible for him to hide out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105April 23, 2018 3:42 PM

Not a thug, terrorist, or criminal. Instead, a "troubled young man with mental health issues, who deserved second chances."

by Anonymousreply 106April 23, 2018 4:12 PM

If only we all had guns to protect ourselves!

by Anonymousreply 107April 23, 2018 4:13 PM

[quote]Not a thug, terrorist, or criminal. Instead, a "troubled young man with mental health issues, who deserved second chances."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108April 23, 2018 4:15 PM

A comprehensive study of suicide bombers has illustrated that most had underlying mental disorders and were preyed upon by others. The Palestinian woman who was caught by Israelis with an explosive belt in 2005 at a border crossing, Wafa Samir Ibrahim al-Biss, had been receiving medical care in Israel for horrible burns from a gas tanker explosion. She had, in fact, attempted suicide at least twice before being recruited by the Al-Aqsa Brigade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109April 23, 2018 4:34 PM

Of course they have mental issues. You have to be kinda crazy to do these terrorist attacks, extremist agendas prey on young people with mental issues

by Anonymousreply 110April 23, 2018 4:36 PM

The victims

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111April 23, 2018 4:47 PM

He has a serious case of DAF. He should be shot on site.

by Anonymousreply 112April 23, 2018 4:53 PM

What are the Blue Waffles like at Waffle House? Has anyone tried?

by Anonymousreply 113April 23, 2018 5:00 PM

Fun fact: Waffle House is the largest company in America where the employees are still paid in cash every week.

by Anonymousreply 114April 23, 2018 5:01 PM

What does his father (the one who returned his guns to him) say about this?

by Anonymousreply 115April 23, 2018 5:22 PM

Probably blames the retard shooter's mom/granny/ex GF/Michelle and Barak Obama/Abby Cadabby on Sesame Street, R115.

by Anonymousreply 116April 23, 2018 5:25 PM

A post the shooter's mom made on facebook.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117April 23, 2018 5:26 PM

He does sound schizophrenic. All the classic behaviors are ticked.

If he is indeed schizophrenic, hiding isn’t impossible, however, it’s not necessarily the goal of the person having a schizophrenic episode. The schizophrenic isn’t organized, precise, and thoughtful in planning.

I predict he will either be found dead, or will be killed when located. Predictions do not matter in this particular time. So who cares what I predict? They DID matter when he was arrested, and his firearms were confiscated, and then returned to his father, and then him.

Was the father afraid of him? Why give your mentally ill son back his guns?

Gun reform isn’t going to happen. Psychiatric disorders will not stop people from purchasing guns in America. Mental health reform is a non-issue to Republicans and most Dems. No one thinks about it until it either happens to a loved one, or a loved one is killed as a result of mental illness, or suicides.

All that will come out of this are a bunch more conspiracy theories, and more smearing of the FBI.

by Anonymousreply 118April 23, 2018 5:27 PM

In custody!

by Anonymousreply 119April 23, 2018 6:13 PM

Link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120April 23, 2018 6:29 PM

Where they found him

[quote]Travis Reinking apprehended moments ago in a wooded area near Old Hickory Blvd & Hobson Pk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121April 23, 2018 6:34 PM

[quote]the FBI wants his guns taken away after he tries to get to the President

I hope Trump appreciates that.

So he only shot black and Hispanic people but someone on this thread doubts it was racially motivated? Come on, man.

by Anonymousreply 122April 23, 2018 6:46 PM

What actor will be "brave" enough to go full frontal for the movie version?

by Anonymousreply 123April 23, 2018 6:51 PM

Here's to hoping his cellie is a POC with both a temper and a monster cock.

by Anonymousreply 124April 23, 2018 6:51 PM

I’m surprised at how tall he is. He towered over his apprehending officers.

by Anonymousreply 125April 23, 2018 7:35 PM

He is 6'4"

[quote]The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation had added Mr. Reinking to its Top Ten Most Wanted list, describing him as a 6-foot-4 white male with brown hair and brown eyes who weighs 180 pounds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126April 23, 2018 8:22 PM

[quote]Even with the suspected shooter alive and in police custody, what could have motivated the massacre remained frustratingly unknown, authorities said. Reinking requested a lawyer after his arrest and refused to answer questions or make a statement, Don Aaron, a spokesman for the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department, said at a news briefing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127April 23, 2018 10:36 PM

White guy with a gun shoots and kills a bunch of black people.

How is he not a terrorist?

by Anonymousreply 128April 23, 2018 10:43 PM

This guy was found near the White House with a gun. His AR-15 was confiscated by the FBI.

His father petitioned to get his guns back. The FBI gave them back,

He shoots up a bunch of black people

by Anonymousreply 129April 23, 2018 10:44 PM

His father told the authorities he wouldn't give him his guns back, and of course did it anyway. Wonder how he feels about what happened, he played a role in this.

by Anonymousreply 130April 23, 2018 10:47 PM

[quote] A federal official says the father of the man suspected of fatally shooting four at a Nashville Waffle House could face charges for returning guns that were taken from him after an incident last year at the White House. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Special Agent Marcus Watson said at a news conference Monday that Jeffrey Reinking's act of returning the guns to his son is "potentially a violation of federal law."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131April 23, 2018 11:32 PM

He was given bond. A mass shooter who murdered four people and fled and evaded capture for 36 hours was given bond.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132April 23, 2018 11:34 PM

He looks completely unscathed. The cops are so gentle with white suspects.

by Anonymousreply 133April 23, 2018 11:35 PM

He looks pretty content in his mug shot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134April 23, 2018 11:46 PM

@ R133, as soon as they confronted him, he lay facedown in the grass with his hands behind his head.

by Anonymousreply 135April 23, 2018 11:48 PM

With him being white and all, I'm surprised that the police didn't take him out for a steak dinner before bringing him in.

Funny how no one is talking about the obvious;. How all of these recent mass shootings were perpetrated by white males.

by Anonymousreply 136April 23, 2018 11:53 PM

The cops probably stopped at the McDonald’s drive-thru before they brought him in. No doubt he was hungry.

by Anonymousreply 137April 23, 2018 11:58 PM

R128, he is not a terrorist because he is a schizophrenic, deeply mentally ill. He went looking for Taylor Swift on top of a Dairy Queen, tried to sneak into the White House, claiming that he was a sovereign citizen and had "the right to search the grounds," and barring that, demanded to speak to Donald Trump on a matter of national security. His delusions clearly have a right-wing bent to them, and it's probably significant that all of his shooting victims were non-white, but still. Having some acquaintance with that particular illness (my mom was schizophrenic and committed suicide; I more or less have permanent care of my younger brother, who is also schizophrenic), I feel sorry for the guy.

His father, not so much. Returning the guns to his son is unconscionable. There should be charges.

by Anonymousreply 138April 23, 2018 11:59 PM

[QUOTE]as soon as they confronted him, he lay facedown in the grass with his hands behind his head

When you’re black, you still get shot when you do this. 😂

by Anonymousreply 139April 23, 2018 11:59 PM

I wonder if they bought him some burger king on the way to jail.

by Anonymousreply 140April 23, 2018 11:59 PM

#whiteschizophreniclivesmatter

by Anonymousreply 141April 24, 2018 12:00 AM

“So many of these people that commit the mass murders end up being Democrats."

by Anonymousreply 142April 24, 2018 12:03 AM

Is it any surprise the suspect is German-American ???

[quote]"The surname [italic]Reinking[/italic] was first found in Bavaria, where the name became noted for its many branches within the region."

They are just awful.

by Anonymousreply 143April 24, 2018 12:06 AM

Damn! He killed a nice Latin papi from Texas. : (

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144April 24, 2018 12:07 AM

R139, you're absolutely right - there is a different standard for dealing with minority suspects than dealing with whites. I'm still astonished that the Toronto van suspect wasn't peppered with hundreds of rounds, especially since he repeatedly drew his cell phone and pointed it at police as though it were a gun. In the end I suppose we can mark that down to the difference between Canadian police and American police. American police kill minorities.

by Anonymousreply 145April 24, 2018 12:08 AM

German-American r143...?

Sorry, unless you have a real connection to that country don't give me that hyphen crap. I bet you no one in three generations of that family has stepped foot in Germany.

by Anonymousreply 146April 24, 2018 12:08 AM

Is he related to that woman who bombed on The Academy Awards?

by Anonymousreply 147April 24, 2018 12:13 AM

[quote]Not a thug, terrorist, or criminal. Instead, a "troubled young man with mental health issues, who deserved second chances."

In other words: white. That is also why the book wasn’t thrown at him for [bold]trespassing at the fucking WH[/bold].

[quote]No one thinks about it until it either happens to a loved one, or a loved one is killed as a result of mental illness, or suicides.

This is the case with everybody and everything: “Not my problem! (Unless it significantly impacts me.)”

[quote]Here's to hoping his cellie is a POC with both a temper and a monster cock.

This stupid shit again. How about his "cellie" being a white guy with a conscience who is actually pissed that other whites do shit like this. Naw… does not exist.

by Anonymousreply 148April 24, 2018 12:19 AM

Can't believe this asshole didn't even have the decency to kill himself like people were predicting

by Anonymousreply 149April 24, 2018 12:21 AM

Curious question: We know that the killer killed 3 blacks and one latino before he was disarmed. Was he only targeting people of color? Were the wounded also non-white? If the hero had not acted would the villan have just shot people of color or would he have shot whites as well?

by Anonymousreply 150April 24, 2018 1:04 AM

The two victims who were seriously injured and hospitalized were black as well r150. Not sure beyond that,

by Anonymousreply 151April 24, 2018 1:08 AM

R150, he may have been targeting minorities. Alternatively, it's possible there were few or no whites at that particular Waffle House that night.

by Anonymousreply 152April 24, 2018 1:11 AM

It still astounds me he wasn't denied bond, in theory he could post the money and be loosed on the streets free to murder more people. You are allowed to deny bond in capital crimes, why would the judge not do so in this case.

by Anonymousreply 153April 24, 2018 1:26 AM

R153, that’s the question of the week!

Don’t be surprised if his family posts bail, btw.

by Anonymousreply 154April 24, 2018 1:30 AM

The Mercers or someone other hard-right rich people would probably post it if they thought they could keep it anonymous.

by Anonymousreply 155April 24, 2018 1:32 AM

hope the victims' families get good lawyers and sue the father for all he has and will ever have

by Anonymousreply 156April 24, 2018 1:47 AM

Ho hum, another nut with a gun who kills some people. Happens all the time. It's hardly newsworthy anymore. What a sad state of affairs.

Why the hell wasn't this loony locked up before he finally committed murder? He was was a freaking time bomb. And his father gave him his guns back? The father ought to be put in jail too, the dumb fuck.

I've seen these Waffle Houses. I went in one once and immediately went right back out. They're dumps. I'd advise anybody never to set foot in one.

by Anonymousreply 157April 24, 2018 2:06 AM

[quote] He was given bond. A mass shooter who murdered four people and fled and evaded capture for 36 hours was given bond

Unless you know the law of the state concerning bond then hold your useless comments. It may be required that a bond be set until there is a detention hearing before a judicial officer at which time the law may allow him to be held without bond if certain conditions are met. I imagine murder is a condition for detention without bomd.

by Anonymousreply 158April 24, 2018 2:11 AM

If only the entire waitstaff had been armed, they could have killed the bad customer...

by Anonymousreply 159April 24, 2018 2:25 AM

So was he erect when he walked into the Waffle House? Bet he was.

by Anonymousreply 160April 24, 2018 2:33 AM

r158= calls comment useless, doesn't know any additional information.

As people have been pointing out, Emmauel Samson was a black shooter in Tennessee and he was arrested and held without bond

[quote]Samson was treated and released from a hospital into police custody Sunday evening, Aaron said, and he is expected to be charged with murder and multiple counts of attempted murder. On Sunday night, a judicial commissioner ordered that Samson be held without bond pending further court proceedings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161April 24, 2018 2:38 AM

6’4” is an indication that he losses a hefty meaty dick

Ooh la la!

😍

by Anonymousreply 162April 24, 2018 2:40 AM

It's not clear how crazy acting you have to be to be locked up in this country.

by Anonymousreply 163April 24, 2018 2:44 AM

You can act batshit crazy and get elected POTUS

by Anonymousreply 164April 24, 2018 2:48 AM

[quote]The father ought to be put in jail too, the dumb fuck.

I'd say it's practically certain that the father will face charges, if not criminal charges then civil lawsuits from those impacted by his son's shooting spree.

I have to confess that I'm absolutely baffled how he could have possibly thought it would be a good idea to turn an AR-15 over to someone so clearly mentally ill, with so many incidents of him acting out. WTF was he thinking?

by Anonymousreply 165April 24, 2018 2:54 AM

[quote]I have to confess that I'm absolutely baffled how he could have possibly thought it would be a good idea to turn an AR-15 over to someone so clearly mentally ill, with so many incidents of him acting out. WTF was he thinking?

That guns are his son's right as a red-blooded American of course. Gun nuts think everyone should have guns.

by Anonymousreply 166April 24, 2018 2:55 AM

[quote] [R158]= calls comment useless, doesn't know any additional information.

R161, why the fuck are you arguing with me? You aren't comparing the same thing. And you still don't know what you're talking about.

[quote] a judicial commissioner ordered that Samson be held without bond pending further court proceedings.

A judicial officer made the decision to hold without bond.

Reinking doesn't go to court until Wednesday. He's simply been booked into jail on what seem to be the standard bond amount set by law for a given offense. Four counts of murder - $500k each. The judicial officer decides whether or not to hold without bond just like one did for Samsom. I'm sure Reinking will also be held without bond at his court hearing. Booking cops can't make those kind of detention decisions.

So all your hot air for nothing. Sorry to have blown your point, whatever the fuck it was.

by Anonymousreply 167April 24, 2018 3:18 AM

😍 CUTE 😍

I wanna have his trailer park load inside me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168April 24, 2018 3:40 AM

Go for it, R168! It will be his last chance to top for the rest of his miserable life.

by Anonymousreply 169April 24, 2018 3:42 AM

How does Taylor Swift get away with treating people like this?

[quote]Reinking told the officer the harassment began a few weeks earlier when Swift hacked his Netflix account and told him to meet her at a Dairy Queen, the report states. He told the officer that when he showed up she ran off and disappeared.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170April 24, 2018 3:48 AM

My reputation's never been worse, so you must like me for me!

by Anonymousreply 171April 24, 2018 3:58 AM

There are some real idiots here talking straight out their asses. If you have ever been in a Waffle House after midnight, you would know that there is a damn good chance that there were no white people in the place. I used to go to a WH for breakfast at 3 am every night with friends after work, and I was usually the only Cauc in the place including those working there.

In typical DL fashion, hypocritical fashion, someone here drags the shooter for being a black hating racist before there is any evidence to that effect. But then he states what a shit hole Waffles Houses are, and recommends no one goes into one.

And why would that be? Hmmmm?

by Anonymousreply 172April 24, 2018 4:09 AM

R172, in July 2017 Travis Reinking demanded to be allowed into the White House, claiming he was a "sovereign citizen," which movement is affiliated with white supremacists and nativist xenophobes. So it's not like there's zero evidence of right wing views.

by Anonymousreply 173April 24, 2018 4:13 AM

So why did he target a Waffle House if blacks are its primary clientele? Duh!

by Anonymousreply 174April 24, 2018 4:18 AM

[quote] If you have ever been in a Waffle House after midnight, you would know that there is a damn good chance that there were no white people in the place.

Maybe he's been to a Waffle House after midnight and came to the same conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 175April 24, 2018 4:27 AM

R173 I watch the Dan Abrams show Live PD on the weekend nights, and I can tell you that as many black people declare themselves "sovereign citizens walking the land" when stopped and asked for ID as white people. In fact, knowing that Wesley Snipes was loosely involved with the movement(in an attempt to avoid paying taxes) I would never have thought it to be a white Nationalist group.

Okay, I accept the idea that he might have chosen WH as a venue knowing it would be staffed with and filled with customers who were non-white.

But that still doesn't change the fact that someone upthread called it a shit hole, yet no one challenged him.

And finally, if he is a crazed schizophrenic in the midst of an episode, does it occur to anyone that he just might have chosen it because he had few options at that hour; and he knew that the WH is always accessible? Why does it HAVE to be racially motivated? Why are some people here just desperately trying to foment racial anger between whites and black? Isn't it bad enough without inventing racist motivation before the facts are in?

The Parkland shooter was not racially motivated, he was just crazy. The black guy who shot in the TN church was not racially motivated, he was just crazy. I can't remember any mass shooting which was racially motivated, but I am sure you will let me know if I am wrong.

by Anonymousreply 176April 24, 2018 4:46 AM

R176, the mass shootings at the church in Charleston , SC.

by Anonymousreply 177April 24, 2018 6:35 AM

Look , y'all calm down. No whites were harmed.

by Anonymousreply 178April 24, 2018 6:37 AM

Just another day in paradise.

by Anonymousreply 179April 24, 2018 6:40 AM

Is R168 Taylor Swift?

by Anonymousreply 180April 24, 2018 6:50 AM

cut or uncut?

by Anonymousreply 181April 24, 2018 7:04 AM

So, he was naked except for a green jacket? Well, he got it half right.

by Anonymousreply 182April 24, 2018 7:06 AM

Gun Crime Felon Lil Wayne Threatens To Open Fire On Concertgoers

The US rapper Lil Wayne, who served a one-year jail sentence after pleading guilty to being a felon in possession of a gun, threatened to have his staff open fire at the crowd during his performance at the 2018 Cannabis Cup on Saturday (April 21).

In footage, the “Vizine” rapper appears to dodge something being thrown on stage in his direction, which could have been trash or some kind of debris. Without taking notice of the actual object, Weezy immediately stops the music and speaks to the people who were located around where the object came from. The Louisiana veteran warns fans that his people will come out and throw off shots at anyone they think may be a threat to him.

“Y’all trying to throw stuff on stage,” he explained. “I don’t know if it’s love or y’all trying to promote something, but I’m from New Orleans and we don’t know how to accept that shit. I got New Orleans people with me and all they know how to throw back is shoot. So I don’t want to end this show in a bad way, but let’s just keep it going. Don’t throw nothing at me.”

Lil Wayne, whose real name is Dwayne Carter, was arrested in July 2007 when a loaded .40-calibre semi-automatic gun was found on his tour and served a year in prison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183April 24, 2018 9:49 AM

The FBI didn't give the guns back.

I said this already upthread and others have repeated it, so if you're still claiming it was the FBI, you're lying.

The FBI put local law enforcement in charge of taking the guns after Reinking was found in the White House. He didn't have guns with him but did have them back home. LE took the guns from his home when ordered to, but then returned them to the father.

It seems like the FBI didn't know local LE gave the guns to the father.

Right-wingers are trying to blame the FBI which is why I don't trust the people still saying the FBI gave back the guns. They did. The redneck POS cops did.

by Anonymousreply 184April 24, 2018 10:01 AM

Can you imagine if some country star stood on stage on Saturday and said "Listen yall. I'm just a gun totin' redneck at heart who loves my gun, the good Lord, and goin fishin. Shucks, don't make me hafta shoot nobody. Stop horsin' around."

Liberals would stroke out.

They secretly stroke out over Lil Wayne too but they say nothing.

by Anonymousreply 185April 24, 2018 10:08 AM

[quote]Troye sivan fan? Umm he might've been a DLer.

OR he may just have really awful taste in music...like a DLer. NEVERMIND.

by Anonymousreply 186April 24, 2018 10:39 AM

[quote]Why does it HAVE to be racially motivated? Why are some people here just desperately trying to foment racial anger between whites and black? Isn't it bad enough without inventing racist motivation before the facts are in?

Probably because they always find something negative the shooter posted about people of color in some forum so that would be a natural assumption. What I don’t get is why you seem wayyy more outraged at the notion of this being racially motivated...than another crazy person having access to guns.

God, it must be SO exhausting for you having to constantly deal with Black folks complaining about discrimination. I mean...you have to hear it and read about it and see it in the news.

...You have our sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 187April 24, 2018 10:57 AM

No R187, I just am sickened by the racial divide in the country today which is far worse than anything I've seen in my 60 years. And that includes the late sixties. My feeling is: there are enough incidents which ARE racial. I am eternally optimistic that things will get better, and so I hate to see people expecting these things to be due to racial hate before we know that they truly are.

I didn't say one word about discrimination. Why did you bring that up? Because you were hoping I felt that way?

by Anonymousreply 188April 24, 2018 11:16 AM

Days before the shooting he stole a car and was being chased by the cops

[quote]Five days before he allegedly opened fire in a Waffle House, Travis Reinking led police on a chase in a stolen BMW in a tony suburb. Weaving through rush-hour traffic, he ignored the lights and sirens behind him, before Brentwood police officers terminated their pursuit after a few minutes. Reinking was identified as the suspected thief on Monday as police hunted him down for killing four people at the restaurant in nearby Antioch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189April 24, 2018 3:13 PM

A judge has overruled the night magistrates decision and revoked bond Travis Reinking. Not surprised, lots of public outcry about that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190April 24, 2018 4:34 PM

[quote]Why did you bring that up? Because you were hoping I felt that way?

I was HOPING that you were capable of reading AND understanding my reply, but I guess I was hoping for too much...clearly.

by Anonymousreply 191April 25, 2018 11:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!