Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Meghan and Harry vs. Kate and William

is it just me, or does it seem like people are much more excited about the wedding of Harry and Meghan than they werea few years back about the wedding of William and Kate?

It seems weird to me, because William is the actual heir to the throne, so Kate will be Queen katherine one day, and her future children will inherit the throne. Why so much more attention for Harry and Meghan?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224May 26, 2018 7:23 PM

Harry is hotter than William. That's why.

by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2018 12:16 AM

Nice try, sugar. There was an all-out media and memorabilia frenzy for Will and Kate's wedding. And while the prediction was that 1 billion people would watch it live, the number was over 2 billion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 22, 2018 12:17 AM

I thought there was a lot of excitement and interest for William and Catherine. I think it's about the same. People seem rowdier for Harry but that's because he is less inhibited. Anyway, it's like we saw these two go through all the shit with Diana and Charles and they grew up and seem to be great kids so I think people are more invested in the two brothers than they would have been for a Beatrice or a Eugenie or anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 3April 22, 2018 12:31 AM

You are projecting your own interests. William and Kate’s wedding has incredible attention and unprecedented media coverage.

by Anonymousreply 4April 22, 2018 12:57 AM

r4 = Kate

by Anonymousreply 5April 22, 2018 1:17 AM

It probably has to do with where you're living. Meghan's American. If you live in America, you or the people around you would probably be more interested in an American becoming a royal.

by Anonymousreply 6April 22, 2018 9:25 AM

Because everyone is watching two high speed trains on the same track heading towards each other and no one has the ability or desire to stop the catastrophe from happening . Not even the Queen herself. The Queen has seen many disasters during her long reign, knows this one is going to be a doozy and won't even allow Philip to die to interfere with it.

by Anonymousreply 7April 22, 2018 9:47 AM

Because people are fascinated by Meghan - whether you want to admit it or not.

by Anonymousreply 8April 22, 2018 9:52 AM

Meghan and Harry are getting more attention in the US because Meghan is American. I'm sure that in the UK, there was a lot more attention paid to Kate and William (although I don't mind being corrected by someone in the UK). Also, William and Kate had a much longer engagement, and it didn't seem so rushed. Meghan and Harry's engagement has been very abrupt and rushed, which is why so many people have their worries about it, which I can't recall with Kate and William.

by Anonymousreply 9April 22, 2018 9:56 AM

Maybe it's us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2018 10:24 AM

[quote]I'm sure that in the UK, there was a lot more attention paid to Kate and William (although I don't mind being corrected by someone in the UK).

I might respond when you stop calling England the UK, you pleb!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 22, 2018 10:31 AM

r9 also she's half-black, so many of them are "worrying" as a cover for their racism.

by Anonymousreply 12April 22, 2018 10:31 AM

[quote]Meghan and Harry are getting more attention in the US because Meghan is American.

the Americans have a tendency to focus on the mother country when things are rocky at home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 22, 2018 10:36 AM

r13 pretty sure it's a big deal in America regardless of what's going on, because she's American.

by Anonymousreply 14April 22, 2018 10:38 AM

R14 says it like it is.

It's all about Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 15April 22, 2018 10:43 AM

"is it just me"

Yep rOP it's just you.

by Anonymousreply 16April 22, 2018 10:57 AM

There have been 15 requests for street party permits for Meghan and Harry, and there were thousands for William and Kate. The RF is bending over backwards. "No rush! You can apply up until the actual day! Would you like a little supplement for your street party?"

But not many takers. I'm not saying the press isn't going overboard trying to promote it, but the public ain't biting.

by Anonymousreply 17April 23, 2018 3:27 AM

Americans don't know who she is.

by Anonymousreply 18April 23, 2018 3:28 AM

[quote] won't even allow Philip to die to interfere with it.

OK, R7, I had to chuckle at this.

Come to think of it, Prince Philip himself seems like he would chuckle about this himself. Except that Sparkle isn't really all that important.

It's just kind of sad, is all.

I agree that there is a built in affection for William and Harry, after Diana. And the fact that William's marriage seems to have made him happy with his wife, his children, his home and his family (which includes his in-laws) has made people feel like sighing with relief that he is OK.

I don't get the same feeling with Harry's choice. It is all just too fast and there are just too many red flags on the bride. Many who are at all interested in this upcoming event, harbor some doubts.

by Anonymousreply 19April 23, 2018 7:09 AM

It's on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 23, 2018 7:57 AM

IMO his rushing in has backfired on Harry, both in terms of public perception of his bride, and in his own awareness that this is a tire fire but he's going in anyway. What a mess.

When I saw their engagement interview, I thought she was disingenuous and ridiculous by half. Her voice, her demeanor when she spoke, the crap that she said "Roasting a chicken!" (I figure "Doing lines of coke!") , and especially, "Well, is he kind?" She thought she was putting one over with that earnest naif stuff but everybody read her IMMEDIATELY. Harry was ready to white knight her on the basis of race. I think he was blindsided by everybody flagging her as fake right away, and then she started validating that original perception with the hand to the chest, raised eyebrows, "Oh you poor DARLING" demeanor, the little fingertip waves, and the rest of the OTT. You look back at Diana, and although she'd hug and be affectionate, and engage more than royals customarily engaged, she was actually fairly brisk about it - obviously natural and very matter of fact. She wasnt making a big deal of things, which put people at ease, whether it was someone handing her flowers, or an AIDs patient she was greeting. She didn't clutch people to her chest. She just made them feel normal. Meghan is the opposite with this lady bountiful shit.

Forget being royal, Meghan can't even come up to snuff on the level of a non-royal meeting a royal. Wandering off from the group she's supposed to talk to, hair dangling in her face, barging ahead of Harry, PATRONIZINGLY indicating Harry should go first, her constant red carpet posing (she even stood with her legs crossed at the ankles after exiting a car). Harry knows this is a disaster and that's why I dont have respect for him. After all the horror story divorces in his family, he'll barge right in and put the family through HIS divorce, including the financial cost, all because he doesn't want to admit a mistake.

People made a fuss of Meghan being sleeveless with a ratty bunhead today, but if it had been August or something, I don't think anyone would have minded. But it was chilly out, and she shows up sleeveless. That means she's dressing to show off, not for the occasion or even her taste. It's very basic, what she's doing. Instagram basic. Pinterest basic. Fashion blogger basic. That's why even us peons can flag it.

There's going to be a gap opening between himself and William. William appears happily married, he's the father of three, and while I think Catherine is probably the best equipped person in the RF to tolerate Meghan, she'll only tolerate so much. Meghan makes up shit to undermine her to tell Lainey, and she is also leaking to the Sun, the only U.K. rag that was POSITIVE the birth would be on the 23rd. I think she's leaked the name as well. Anymore of this and she'll be frozen out more than she already is.

by Anonymousreply 21April 24, 2018 12:08 AM

"Meghan and Harry vs. Kate and William"

Sparkle has scored The Spencer Tiara, Dahlings -

(Smart girl)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 24, 2018 1:03 AM

I don’t know anyone who gives the slightest possible shit about either of them.

by Anonymousreply 23April 24, 2018 1:07 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if the much-married Charles Spencer agreed to loan out the Spencer tiara that his wives wore when they married him. He's a fame ho and would probably like to get closer to Harry.

by Anonymousreply 24April 24, 2018 1:11 AM

r12 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 25April 24, 2018 1:50 AM

[quote] Sparkle has scored The Spencer Tiara, Dahlings -

No, she hasn't.

The Spencer tiara belongs (of course) to the Spencer family, which is headed by the Earl Spencer, Diana's brother. He is not going to give it to his nephew's bride for keeps. It may be that Meghan gets to wear it on her wedding day 9though this is unlikely), btu she has not 'scored" it. It will remain in the Spencer family for generations to come.

by Anonymousreply 26April 24, 2018 1:55 AM

Meghan stans like to cry racism about her critics, because they weren't expecting people would immediately spot her for a fraud. Racism is a blind to hide behind.

by Anonymousreply 27April 24, 2018 2:21 AM

No, he’s not r25. Being a manipulative fame whore is why British people don’t warm to her, nothing to do with being mixed race. It IS possible to dislike someone who isn’t white just because they’re a dislikeable person and not because of racism. Get over yourself.

by Anonymousreply 28April 24, 2018 2:34 AM

[quote] while I think Catherine is probably the best equipped person in the RF to tolerate Meghan,

Why should she?

Sparkle's history seems to show that she has burned everybody who helped her. That uncle who got her the job with the US Embassy didn't even get an invitation to Sparkle's wedding. She's left a trail behind her of those who were friends or who gave her help.

And, as has already been posted, she leaks to the gossip columns.

Why should Kate invite such a person to share any personal moments with her family? Any moments with the Middleton family? Any moments with her children? Why should she chance having sweet, private family moments broadcast from gossip columns? What did little Charlotte say on Christmas? What food did they serve at the holidays? What Mrs and Mr Middleton said, Etc.

William and Kate have built a private life with people they trust. Note, I said both William and Kate. Because I'll bet he feels the same way and is struggling with finding a way to stay close to Harry without worrying about his spying wife.

It would be very foolish to invite a non-trustworthy person into their private space.

Trust has to be earned. And once lost, it is nearly impossible to regain it.

Harry is in for some lonesome times.

And Sparkle better brush up on her board game skills, because that is what the Queen's branch of the Royal Family supposedly view as a high old time.

by Anonymousreply 29April 24, 2018 2:46 AM

I finally saw her on Suits. I only saw one scene but her acting was like a wooden barbi.

by Anonymousreply 30April 24, 2018 2:47 AM

It's in your head, OP. Plus the palace PR machine has been working overtime to inject acceptance and "excitement" as cover for her being American, a woman with a lot (a lot) of sexual experience, some paid for, and (yes) mixed-race. Charles and his mother, as well as his brother, want Harry to have an easy time, and for once everyone is on board not to focus on anything except the positive.

But William's marriage was much more "exciting." Short memory?

Oh, and this new bride is not going to work out, because she's immature and full of shit. But now is the time to smile.

by Anonymousreply 31April 24, 2018 2:49 AM

Normal people don't care about either of them. Only you creepy royal freaks.

by Anonymousreply 32April 24, 2018 2:52 AM

Not only does MM leak, but she's spiteful. She wants to undermine Kate. I don't think she tells the truth, I think she puts out there what I believe she thinks will make Kate look bad. I think she told the Sun the due date was April 23 - the Sun was the only paper that was positive. Now the same columnist thinks the baby's name will be "Thomas" - a name nobody else is predicting. That idiot Lainey repeated the story about Kate not giving Meghan a ride - a story that could only come from Meghan.

William and Kate are not stupid. Supposedly William used to do the old trick of giving false stories to friends/acquaintances, or one story to one friend and a different story to another, and whichever one made the gossip columns, he'd know that person leaked and couldn't be trusted. Already they know what Meghan is.

It is really showing Harry to be an awful person. This union is massively self-destructive. It's going to force Prince Charles to shell out a few million at the divorce - possibly what Harry wants. He wants the attention and the $$ and to be important. Supposedly he was left out of a meeting of senior royals in 2016 that saw Prince Charles taking over more of HM's duties and Kate and William moving back to London. When he marries Meghan, the entire world will watch it self destruct. It's going to be all drama, and he can alternately play poor victim Harry or poor noble Harry fighting for his woman.

Harry can go forward with this because he will not be cleaning up the mess. Charles will. If HM is still alive, she will be as well. I just hope Charles is smarter than HM and stops the practice of throwing titles and honors at the assholes of the family to prop them up. Charles needs to let Harry reap what he's sowed. He's piggybacked on Will and Kate's popularity for years - if they didn't want to appear with him as a trio all this time, it wouldn't have happened. They made a substantial contribution to the Invictus fund when it started. What has he done for them? He's a taker.

by Anonymousreply 33April 24, 2018 3:15 AM

She's a terrible actress.

Check out her Tostitos commercial. She stands there like she's drugged. Her eyes are dead, her face is flat, and there's a flat voiceover. All she knows how to do is pose and make faces. She's a model, at best.

BTW, her stooge (via Jessica Mulroney) Lainey, today spent a lot of time claiming George was a spoiled brat and a jerk when he arrived with his father and sister to see the baby. This is going to be Meghan's game. Try and lessen the popularity of the Cambridges, and kids are fair game. If suddenly stories come out that the kids are brats, the employees are unhappy, William and Kate are disagreeing - or Kate is upset William flirted with the nanny - it's Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 34April 24, 2018 3:22 AM

I am enjoying the diatribes about Meghan and the impending divorce--before they even get married. I have no idea or opinion what will happen, and I follow the royal family (I still miss Diana), but I'm hoping this alleged disaster waiting to happen is going to be as delightful as you all say. We could use a big international scandal besides the fraudulent and criminal activities of Trump.

The one thing I will say is that Harry rushed into this. Why couldn't they date for an extended period of time? They didn't have a normal courtship. They were carrying on a long-distance relationship from two different continents. That is no way to get to know someone no matter how exciting it might be temporarily. Meghan should have moved into Kensington Palace and lived there for a year/year-and-a-half to see if she could handle this odd and isolating life. Oh, and for a television actress and supposedly knowing how well clothes should fit when in front of the cameras, Meghan has a rather strange fashion sense.

by Anonymousreply 35April 24, 2018 5:21 AM

[quote] It's going to force Prince Charles to shell out a few million at the divorce

Possibly, but there may be something else.

All this talk about the Queen's money and Charles' money and what money do William and Harry have has me checking out articles on the topic. One story was about Diana's will and her money in trust for William and Harry.

But part of the story was that Diana cleaned out Prince Charles private money and investments in the divorce. Everything. AND in addition to those funds, Charles had to borrow additional money from the Queen that he was paying back at the time the article was written.

If this is true and if this is the precedent and custom, it just might be that Charles might loan money to Harry to pay for a divorce that Harry was then obligated to pay back. Because Charles and the Queen are not obligated to pay for Harry's divorce.

I could see this especially if Harry was warned in advance by family members and he argued and insisted on his own way.

You play, you pay.

Some people say Harry seems worried of late.

by Anonymousreply 36April 24, 2018 5:29 AM

R36 - on Harry's income it would take a long time for him to pay back a few million dollars, although i suppose he could sell stuff. Making him pay it back would be the smartest thing Prince Charles and the Queen could ever do, and also completely unlike them. Both are complete enablers.

Or Prince Charles could cut back on Harry's allowance, whatever it is he gives Harry, and Harry will have to subsist on the income from his share of Diana's residual trust until the divorce $ is paid off. Sarah Ferguson got very little compared to Diana. I can't remember if it was 5 million or much less.

by Anonymousreply 37April 24, 2018 5:39 AM

Re Harry's financial status - if this were true, why is he allegedly not having a pre-nup?

by Anonymousreply 38April 24, 2018 5:48 AM

Sparkle's position in a divorce is not at all like Diana's.

Diana was Princess of Wales, married to the heir, she should have been Queen. She will be the mother of the next king and grandmother of the one after that. Her position was much different from Fergie. Additionally, Fergie's scandals were all over the papers while Diana was the hugely sympathetic young girl who people realized had been manipulated by her husband and his long time girlfriend.

Sparkle (should things proceed as planned at this time) would be the wife of the 6th in line to the throne. Married to one of the Queen's grandchildren.

There is quite a difference.

And there is a difference in income of the husband being divorced and consequently in the lifestyle the divorcing wife might expect to continue. As I understand it, the Prince of Wales gets a very large income from his position as Duke of Cornwall. That would have been a big factor in determining Diana's portion at the divorce.

But Harry's money comes from (1) income from the trust handling Diana's legacy to him and (2)whatever his father chooses (is not obligated to) gives him.

Big difference.

by Anonymousreply 39April 24, 2018 5:54 AM

Well, so far, in addition to her more-coy-than-thou instagram antics and the Vanity Fair article, Markle has dropped at least two blind items undermining Kate. In one, Kate didn't offer her a lift from Kensington Palace to some shopping destination where they were both headed. In the second, Kate declined an invitation to attend Meghan's low key, princess-appropriate, hen party. I think both are lies, but just part of Markle's plan to aggrandize herself at Kate's expense. Next I expect to hear that the new mama of three is stressed because her husband enjoys the company of his soon-to-be sister-in-law more than he should. He even confides in her! Nothing would ever ever happen - sis-in-law is MADLY in love with her fiance' - but the new mama is looking forward to the sexy newcomer and bro-in-law moving into the country home grandma will get them. The blind item headline will be "Too close for comfort?" There will also be items that Prince George is a brat, and Mama is at her wit's end with Princess Charlotte. Headline will be "Chaos behind the scenes of seemingly happy home!"

If enough of this shit drops, I wonder what William will do.

by Anonymousreply 40April 24, 2018 11:46 PM

I imagine he’d freeze her out r40 and his brother too if necessary. If Harry can’t see through her machinations then he’d have to be sidelined too.

by Anonymousreply 41April 24, 2018 11:53 PM

There has already been a piece attacking little George, claiming he was mean to Charlotte on the day they went to see their mother in the hospital. based on a 2 second glimpse of them after they went through the doors of the hospital.

The person who wrote that is one mean, sick bitch.

I didn't hear the one about the hen party invite. Who else was supposed to be there?

It seems from the "Our Kate" story that ran today, praising Kate for her professional behavior and her understanding of her responsibilities (which appeared also as thinly veiled criticism of Sparkle) , that Sparkle's not fooling anyone with her leaks.

by Anonymousreply 42April 25, 2018 12:24 AM

From what I read R42, just a few of Meghan's close girlfriends, whoever the hell they are. I'm not buying it. Probably nobody she's known more than two years, and probably all instagram famous.

I think Meghan really hurt herself at the Stephen Lawrence memorial thing. If it were July, and warm outside, and she showed up sleeveless, it would probably have been ok, since the dress was otherwise fine. But since it was April and chilly, her decision to wear a sleeveless v-neck seemed caculated - priotizing her "look" and the impression she wanted to make over common sense. That doesn't fly in the RF at these events. There was nothing glamorous about the crowd - everyone was kind of middle-aged, earnest, and covered up in cold weather church clothes. She was like the skunk at a garden party. Nobody was mean to her except Theresa May, and if you haven't seen video, check it out. The best part there was no way it could be spun as the other people were jealous, or doing a double take, or chatting among themselves. When you see her walk down the aisle - sashay really - the people already in their pews aren't gaping at her. They're waiting for the service to start. So, she laid an egg. The wind blew all the side strands of hair that she likes to have dangling in her face askew, so it appeared she'd styled it that way. She sat next to Theresa May and didn't say anything. Harry is next to her and he nods at May. That's when May "greets" them both. My God, the disdain, the narrowed eyes, the curt little nod, but all a little bit as if she finds them tedious and boring. Nobody's impressed, nobody's threatened. Then, when the camera is on her, Markle adjusts her bra strap. This is why many royals wear sleeves, Meghan, even when it ISN'T cold outside (we could also see her bra through the sleeve gap in the black halo dress she wore the other night). She keeps still as a mouse, all duck-faced. I noticed by the time she left she had practically pasted those strands back from her face and behind her ears until it was practically a hairstyle Jane Eyre would have worn. She's sitting in the front row, the only soul in the church dressed the way she's dressed - hell, a lot of women, including May, wore pantsuits - it was that kind of deal - and you can tell she's feeling it and wants to drop through the floor. Let's see if she learns. First time in a long time I'm looking forward to her next gig.

by Anonymousreply 43April 25, 2018 1:02 AM

Some are saying that the reason Theresa May (and apparently a couple of other women in the pew behind) gave them both a dirty look was because they were late and everyone else was there already and/or Harry was supposed to sit next to Theresa May, not Sparkle.

I haven't seen the video. Can someone link?

by Anonymousreply 44April 25, 2018 1:18 AM

Meghan looks positively ratchet next to Kate.

by Anonymousreply 45April 25, 2018 1:30 AM

Here it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 25, 2018 1:36 AM

1/Harry might perversely want to take Will and Kate down a peg or two. Running around with them as this adorable Three Muskateers team was great publicity for him and he played it up for all it was worth. But I've also read about the time he resented visiting the queen with William and the staff only having sandwiches for William and the Queen. Or the 2016 meeting of the senior royals that led to Will and Kate moving back to London. Harry wasn't present. He rattles on endlessly about not wanting to be royal but if this stuff gets under his skin he wants the perogatives too. He could also be jealous because Will and Kate's on and off long-term relationship worked out and his brother is a "man" now, while Harry's long term on and off with Chelsy Davy did not and he's still a Peter pan.

by Anonymousreply 47April 25, 2018 4:50 AM

2/ Harry vis a vis Kate/Will might, in a weird way, have commonalities with the Tacomic Parkway mom. Remember the mother that got loaded on vodka and weed in the morning, then drove wrong way on the Tacomic til she crashed, killing her three nieces, herself and her daughter? Only her son survived. Well, when you look at her past, her mom ran off when she was a kid and she had to do the mom's work, caring for her brothers, who had more freedom. Per her friends she married her husband, who was a total slug and loser, purely to be a mother and have a husband. She outearned him, and since she's been dead he's shown what a waste of oxygen she is. Lazy and resentful of having to care for his kid. She had tons of anger, etc. Meantime, her brother was successfully married to a wonderful woman and they had three great daughters, devoted to them and co-parenting. The brother's wife was a kind woman who was friends with the Tacomic mom.

Anyway, it seems to me Tacomic mom got loaded to gear up for a murder/suicide, and deliberately took out her brother's daughters to reduce him and get back at him for being happy while she was miserable. And to get back at her sister-in-law for having it all, for being happy, for not being angry and resentful. She wanted to destroy them. She took herself out because, well, she had to, and took her kids with her because she probably figured better a quick death than stuck with a suicide mom and a loser dad.

Anyway, Harry has acted all this time like Will & Kate's bff, sidekick, best bro, but it's the two of them who have the status, the money, the LIFE. They have a life. He's just an add on. They have two kids, both adorable, healthy and charming, Will's wife is loyal, and is better suited to the life than any girl Harry ever found. Harry's fucked up, always been fucked up, still fucked up going by his pupils the other day, and I wouldn't be surprised if he were happy to use Meghan to puncture Will and Kate, and feed Meghan Will and Kate stories, true or not. I think Harry is not this happy go lucky guy crossed with little boy lost. Think he has a dark side.

by Anonymousreply 48April 25, 2018 4:58 AM

[quote]R2 And while the prediction was that 1 billion people would watch it live, the number was over 2 billion.

The viewership for Harry + Our Sparkle's wedding will [italic]decimate[/italic] those numbers.

Just watch.

by Anonymousreply 49April 25, 2018 6:00 AM

I think the first really serious thing that got up the public's nose was MM wearing a dress that cost over £50,000 at her engagement photo shoot. Chances are, it was lent to her, but still. And you'd have to have a heart of stone not to pity her over the outrageous shit her ex-stepsibs keep saying to the press. If I were her, I'd dream of having that stepsister's wheelchair pushed over a cliff. Also - I think you're wrong about any rivalry between Harry and Wills. Harry has stated that they are extremely close and that Wills is the only one with whom he can really talk openly. From W and K's point of view, Harry has the better life. It is so clear to me that they wish they had the life of their rich friends, all the rewards and no responsibilities.

by Anonymousreply 50April 25, 2018 7:52 AM

I think it's the Meghan is better suited for The White Castle than Windsor Castle thing. She's as common as DIRT, and makes me see what a buffoon Harry really is. Camilla and Anne will destroy her.

by Anonymousreply 51April 25, 2018 8:43 AM

[quote]It is so clear to me that they wish they had the life of their rich friends, all the rewards and no responsibilities.

Absolutely. And that is why "suitable" aristocrats have no interest in marrying into the Royal Family, and they're all marrying commoners now. The young aristocrats who have piles of money and can do whatever they want have no interest in being Royal anymore because it's so stifling and there's no privacy. If you're already rich AF and privileged beyond belief, would you rather be cutting a ribbon at some senior home in Shropshire in the cold and rain or be on a yacht in the Mediterranean?

by Anonymousreply 52April 25, 2018 12:36 PM

Most people I know don't care for Meghan and I live in the states. It seems like I read more about her in gossip sites. She seems to be an internet phenomenal than anything else. She has a small group of fans in female orientated gossip sites.

by Anonymousreply 53April 25, 2018 12:50 PM

Personally, I cannot wait for the train wreck those trailer trash relatives of Sparkle bring to the wedding. The poison step-sister has been invited to be a commentator on one of the tv stations. No doubt the drunken thug step-brother will chime in with his unique take on it.

That plus the Yorks showstopping wedding get-ups.

Hilarity ensues!

by Anonymousreply 54April 25, 2018 12:54 PM

I think the American Media is hyping it but the average American people are somewhat less interested, so it's not all that. But I was hearing that people will not be getting the day off on the Monday in the UK, and the wedding itself isn't happening in London at Westminster or St. Paul's so that may be why there are fewer street party permits. Plus, honestly, this is the Spare. Harry is wildly popular, but he is not Heir to the Throne so naturally his will not be the full out celebration William had.

by Anonymousreply 55April 25, 2018 1:11 PM

Who pays for the street parties?

by Anonymousreply 56April 25, 2018 1:11 PM

William and Kate are as bland and boring as a mayonnaise sandwich on white bread. And they HATE their public role. When QEII dies we’re going to have a new elegant Edwardian era, because Charles is going to enjoy the role and so will Camilla and it will be glamorous and sophisticated. QEII was a hardworker, dedicated, and sturdy. But not terribly interesting. Once Charles’s reign is over, the monarchy will go back to being boring.

by Anonymousreply 57April 25, 2018 1:38 PM

R56 the residents of the street. A permit is only required because they’d be blocking the road.

I don’t think the low interest is because it’s not happening in London, if people care they have street parties all over the U.K. Harry just isn’t as popular as you’d think. Most Brits couldn’t give a fuck about the RF but have respect for the queen because of her determination to do her duty. Harry is a bit of a buffoon and low down in the pecking order, nobody much cares.

by Anonymousreply 58April 25, 2018 3:57 PM

R43 - Meghan attended two war memorials today. She wore ill-fitting black and/or gray.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 25, 2018 4:15 PM

R50 R54 Sparkle's sister and brother are not 'step-sibs' they are half siblings. They all have the same father - you know the one Sparkle adored and waxed lyrical about on her blog? The one who's not invited to yet another of her weddings? So her half brother and half sister are her blood relatives not 'steps'. She was close to them when it suited her. Sparky is no Cinderella despite her PR.

by Anonymousreply 60April 25, 2018 4:17 PM

Nutmeg really loves the camera. It's all about ME, you bitches!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 25, 2018 4:19 PM

She knows where the camera is AT ALL TIMES.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62April 25, 2018 4:20 PM

Even in church, her camera radar is amazing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 25, 2018 4:21 PM

Hi peeps, it's ME-AGAIN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 25, 2018 4:23 PM

She just can't help herself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65April 25, 2018 4:24 PM

Have you bitches seen all the special "commemorative" issues of magazines which are all about Sparkle? I had to laugh because nobody knew who this bitch was five minutes ago.

by Anonymousreply 66April 25, 2018 4:26 PM

I don't get the hate...she looks nice.

by Anonymousreply 67April 25, 2018 4:32 PM

Even when her Ginger Prince is around, she can always spot the camera.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 25, 2018 4:33 PM

Now she's got her future husband copying her bad habit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 25, 2018 4:34 PM

Ok picture posting Aspie, we fucking get it.

by Anonymousreply 70April 25, 2018 4:37 PM

R37 -well. for a start, please read R21, R33, R40 and R43.

"Looking nice" just doesn't cut it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 71April 25, 2018 5:21 PM

^ I mean R67

by Anonymousreply 72April 25, 2018 5:22 PM

It’s just you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 73April 25, 2018 5:28 PM

R50

[quote]I think the first really serious thing that got up the public's nose was MM wearing a dress that cost over £50,000 at her engagement photo shoot. Chances are, it was lent to her,

No, it wasn't lent. Prince Charles paid for the dress.

And, yes, R50, the dress, totally wrong for the occasion, just screamed I LOVED TO SPEND SOMEONE ELSE'S MONEY to everybody.

It was a huge red flag.

And made all the more obvious by the engagement photo of Eugenie and her fiance which appeared not long.

by Anonymousreply 74April 25, 2018 5:46 PM

[quote]R71 well. for a start, please read [R21], [R33], [R40] and [R43]. "Looking nice" just doesn't cut it anymore.

The criticism of Sparkle here shows everything that's wrong about the monarchy. Fixating on how someone's ankles are crossed is just disgustingly shallow, and simply a way to separate the supposedly "worthy" from the "unworthy"...ie, create another dividing line between the haves and the havenots. Goddess Forbid a commoner should DARE cross that divide without a groveling, subservient overhaul and makeover to render them acceptable.

Harry and Sparkle are marrying because they're in love. If my inlaws fixated on whether my updo had tentrills tumbling out of it or not, or whether I chose a sleeveless top over another, I would find a way to vomit on them.

by Anonymousreply 75April 25, 2018 5:52 PM

That engagement dress was just unbelievable. The $75,000 price tag was just completely obnoxious in the current political/social climate. It was totally inappropriate for daytime. It looked like it was straight out of the 80s, like something you would've seen on Dynasty. SO tacky.

by Anonymousreply 76April 25, 2018 5:59 PM

R75 - why do you feel the need to "cut anyone off at the pass"? I have my own opinion and so do other people. We don't have to agree with each other. We're not clones.

by Anonymousreply 77April 25, 2018 6:00 PM

[quote]Goddess Forbid a commoner should DARE cross that divide without a groveling, subservient overhaul and makeover to render them acceptable.

I don't think anyone objects to a commoner marrying into the Royal Family. Diana was a commoner. What people are objecting to is that this particular commoner is a shallow, grasping, famewhoreing piece of trash.

by Anonymousreply 78April 25, 2018 6:01 PM

[quote]R76 That engagement dress was just unbelievable. The $75,000 price tag was just completely obnoxious in the current political/social climate. It was totally inappropriate for daytime...SO tacky.

Maybe Harry picked it out. Calm down, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 79April 25, 2018 6:01 PM

[quote]It is so clear to me that they wish they had the life of their rich friends, all the rewards and no responsibilities.

I wonder if William and Harry's rich friends tease them about that. "Pity you can't go with us to Lausanne this weekend. You'll be down in Bromley opening a new pensioner's home, as they sit there in their diapers stinking of piss and shit. Losers!"

by Anonymousreply 80April 25, 2018 6:06 PM

R80 - I suspect that if their so-called friend said that this individual wouldn't be their friend for very long, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 81April 25, 2018 6:09 PM

Sparke is an actress. She's not a drab, convent-raised English Rose who feels safest disappearing into a neutral palette because they lack an identity of their own.

I hope she brings some individuality, and realism, back to her wardrobe...English clothes tends to be fairly bland and homogenized. (Princess Diana started to look better when she branched out to Italian designers.)

I particularly love the outfit on the far left. I hope she brings a little punch back into things once the honeymoon's over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82April 25, 2018 6:10 PM

William and Catherine like all of the Royal Family have plenty of holidays each year and it will continue.

The Royals usually have a skiing holiday in winter, a trip to a hot and sunny location, weekends at Windsor Castle, Christmas and New's Years, Easter time, the whole summer in Scotland or another country estate etc...I wouldn't worry about exhaustion for any member of this family.

by Anonymousreply 83April 25, 2018 6:18 PM

Well, R75, it is well known that the members of Royal Family refer to themselves as "The Firm".

Because they view what they do, at least in part, as A JOB. They get paid to do it.

If Sparkle or anyone else chooses to marry into "The Firm", there are rules and expectations due to THE JOB they are agreeing to do. This has undoubtedly been explained to her. She has been told.

Some of those rules may sound pretty funny, but nevertheless, that is what she is signing up for.

Why anyone would want to marry into the Royal Family is beyond me, but she obviously wants to do it. So, these are the prices she must pay.

When she made the choice to wear a deliberately wrong dress that cost way too much money, as she was certainly warned and could easily have discovered by looking at pictures of other engagement photos of member of the RF , in times when human services in the UK are in trouble... when she CHOSE to do that despite her supposed concern for the poor and downtrodden, she sent a message to anyone who saw it.

by Anonymousreply 84April 25, 2018 6:29 PM

Honestly, I couldn't give 2 shits about Markle and I barely care about Middleton.

by Anonymousreply 85April 25, 2018 6:32 PM

Oh, it's ON!

by Anonymousreply 86April 25, 2018 6:34 PM

Why do people constantly come onto threads only to stomp their feet and throw a tantrum at the pointless bitchery going on? If you're not interested, or don't like mindless speculation, no one if forcing you to be here.

From her own social media and self-penned articles (about her favorite topic, herself) it's obvious that Sparkle was spoiled rotten by her parents. She brought that sense of entitlement into this gig and let's hope she gets her ass whupped. But it's more likely, with Harry's new Commonwealth "job" that she and Prince Dim will be sent to tour exotic, but sunny, foreign lands under the guise of visiting the Commonwealth. She'll get bored soon, but at least she won't be in drizzly England opening can factories.

In any case, allowing Megs in is a major mis-step on the part of the BRF, and let's hope they pay for it with their "jobs." Kate and Wills, Drippy and Dopey, do next to nothing to earn their keep. It is ironic that Sparkle's appearance has made Kate into some sort of folk hero, when, in the run-up to her own wedding, the British public had her number - Waitey Katie, the Duchess of DooLittle indeed.

by Anonymousreply 87April 25, 2018 6:46 PM

Oh, me? You mean you want to take a photo of little old me???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88April 25, 2018 7:31 PM

There was much more interest for William & Catherine's wedding. Harry and Meghan are obviously doomed plus the date clashes with the FA Cup Final. People will watch to see the clothes, that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 89April 25, 2018 7:42 PM

R78 the common belief is that Diana was a commoner, but that's false. The Spencer family is an aristocratic dynasty that has existed long before the current Windsors (nee Saxe-Coburg-Gotha)

by Anonymousreply 90April 25, 2018 7:50 PM

Only the sovereign and peers are the realm are not commoners. Everyone else, including children of the sovereign and peers of the realm, are commoners.

Fact

by Anonymousreply 91April 25, 2018 7:53 PM

R91 so in that regard Princes Andrew and Edward and Prince Anne are considered commoners? I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 92April 25, 2018 7:55 PM

[QUOTE] It is ironic that Sparkle's appearance has made Kate into some sort of folk hero, when, in the run-up to her own wedding, the British public had her number - Waitey Katie, the Duchess of DooLittle indeed.

And yet 95% of the cunts on DL are now worshipping Kate’s lazy i engaged ass as the English Rose.

by Anonymousreply 93April 25, 2018 7:56 PM

Sorry R92. I really REALLY am. But it’s true. Everyone but the sovereign and peers of the realm are commoners.

by Anonymousreply 94April 25, 2018 7:56 PM

Here. This lady is the ultimate authority on this shit. She’s a twat but she knows what she’s talking about

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95April 25, 2018 8:03 PM

Oh my god, they should just abolish the whole peerage ridiculousness. Just keep the sovereign and his/her immediate family.

by Anonymousreply 96April 25, 2018 8:07 PM

R86 people can disagree with the pointless bitchery towards one person and enjoy it towards another. I think you would just prefer to be unchallenged in your opinions so you try to shut down people who disagree with you by crying "but the rules!"

by Anonymousreply 97April 25, 2018 8:08 PM

R90 the Spencer family were sheep traders in the 16th century, long after both Lizzy and Phil’s ancestors were crowned heads of various countries. Diana’s family tried desperately to be associated with the much older Despencer family, even altering their (newly acquired) coat of arms to resemble the Despencer arms. Diana WAS a commoner. That is not new information, she was the daughter of an earl with no title of her own. The courtesy title of ‘lady’ was just that : a courtesy.

All of this is easily found information. The Spencers are not the older lineage, not by many centuries.

by Anonymousreply 98April 25, 2018 10:28 PM

Camilla is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 99April 25, 2018 10:45 PM

It's been announced that Prince William will be his brother's best man at the wedding. Gee, that was a surprise (that's sarcasm here).

by Anonymousreply 100April 26, 2018 2:47 PM

I thught that black suit she wore to church with William and Harry was horrible. It looked like she got it from a the back of Granny's closet. Too long and almost shapeless. I have read that they are having to alter her wedding dress because she is losing a lot of weight with the jitters. I remember Kate was the same. Some brides to be blow up like a balloon like my cousin, who was already becoming a balloon, and others become scarecrow stick figures.

The hat she wore to church was OK. I prefer it over that floppy brim she had on for the other event. Now that it is officially Spring, even in the UK, Meghan needs to take a cue from the Queen and Catherine. Wear colors whenever possible and stop with all the blacks and greys and dark colors. I don't expect her to look like a 93 yr old, but she could use some advice on style and color. The sooner the better.

by Anonymousreply 101April 26, 2018 2:56 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102April 26, 2018 3:09 PM

^^ I meant to say from outside the Abbey...

by Anonymousreply 103April 26, 2018 3:10 PM

Look at all those idiots and their noses buried into their phones. No one experiences anything without the use of a camera or video now. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 104April 26, 2018 3:19 PM

R103 Gurl are you drunk? You did say outside the Abbey. Twice.

by Anonymousreply 105April 26, 2018 3:19 PM

[quote] Gurl are you drunk?

Not yet. What time is it?

by Anonymousreply 106April 26, 2018 3:34 PM

[quote]R100 It's been announced that Prince William will be his brother's best man at the wedding. Gee, that was a surprise (that's sarcasm here).

William knows that with the groundswell of support Harry and Our Sparkle have (you even see it here), this pair of love birds are poised to take over the monarchy.

He knows what side his butt is buttered on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107April 26, 2018 5:10 PM

R107 = Sparkles Delusional PR Rep

by Anonymousreply 108April 26, 2018 5:29 PM

Please donate generously in the name of the lovebirds!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109April 26, 2018 7:00 PM

[bold]#TheLovebirdsRock

by Anonymousreply 110April 26, 2018 10:35 PM

She was attending two memorial services for war dead, you idiot R101 - what colour would you have preferred her to wear? Lime green? Bright orange?

by Anonymousreply 111April 27, 2018 11:42 PM

She could’ve gone with subdued shades instead of badly fitted black. It’s acceptable to wear darker shades at these things rather than looking like Queen Victoria in blackest black in her seventeenth year of mourning.

by Anonymousreply 112April 27, 2018 11:52 PM

It was the dopey, floppy hat that was really all wrong. And silly looking.

Like she was playing Natasha opposite Boris.

Harry must notice these things. Why doesn't he say something? He knows what acceptable dress is at these events.

by Anonymousreply 113April 27, 2018 11:56 PM

Since she's dropped so much weight there's a little bit of Minnie Driver going on with Sparkles. Her eyes are close together and her cheekbones are jutting unnaturally, which almost pushes her eyes closer.

by Anonymousreply 114April 28, 2018 7:13 PM

Enough with the "Sparkle" already. It's as worn out as the bitch itself. You sound like those loons who used to make fun of the mentally ill in those endless "The Contract Is Up!" threads here on DL, consistently nicknaming Robert Pattinson "Sparkles."

by Anonymousreply 115April 29, 2018 1:49 AM

[quote]R113 Harry must notice these things. Why doesn't he say something?

Because he's not gay (?)

[italic]"Dearest, I feel we simply must discuss your chapeau..."

by Anonymousreply 116April 29, 2018 2:03 AM

Excuse me, R114, but she's "Sparkle", not "Sparkles".

by Anonymousreply 117April 29, 2018 2:31 AM

The whole World know who he means, R117.

That is her power.

by Anonymousreply 118April 29, 2018 4:03 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119May 3, 2018 5:57 PM

Can't this all be settled with a Danceoff?

by Anonymousreply 120May 3, 2018 6:03 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121May 3, 2018 6:22 PM

Meghan's banana nose reminds me an awful lot of Bob Hope.

by Anonymousreply 122May 3, 2018 6:32 PM

Her family is trash, doesn't mean what they say isn't true.

by Anonymousreply 123May 4, 2018 12:23 AM

Megan probably wishes somebody would push the stupid bitch in the wheelchair down a flight of stairs.

by Anonymousreply 124May 4, 2018 12:39 AM

Jeepers. Harry could at least use Toppik.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125May 4, 2018 1:27 AM

In the photo at r109, Harry looks like he's wearing a clown nose-tip.

by Anonymousreply 126May 4, 2018 1:30 AM

She will R121. Because William and Kate hate their role, hate the public, and hate the monarchy except the money it brings them. Harry and Meghan will be doing all the heavy lifting for decades to come because they understand the importance of being a public face.

by Anonymousreply 127May 4, 2018 2:05 AM

"For decades to come"? Oh, my sides. In other news, the plebs invited to fill out the grounds of Windsor Castle on the wedding day have been told to bring their own packed lunch. Can H & M get any more tone-deaf?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128May 4, 2018 3:02 AM

Bring your own lunch? And yet the brides who have a cash bar at their wedding are called bridezillas!

by Anonymousreply 129May 4, 2018 9:51 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130May 7, 2018 4:18 PM

From another online site:

Expect baby news in Sept which is why the wedding was rushed.

Harvey Weinstein is one of Her Royal Highness Princess Henry of Wales former sexual partners.

Another one is Soros Jr., who she went to a Abramovic Spirit Cooking Party with.

Markle is a rumored to have been a 'yacht girl' aka willing to copulate with anyone with money.

Who arranged the Markle and Harry meetup? What was her intention?

CDAN links to both pieces of gossip

by Anonymousreply 131May 7, 2018 4:28 PM

Look to me that the construction workers are doing routine maintenance to the structure. Roofs, and buildings need regular maintenance and repairs when they're that old and this climate is hard on them.

by Anonymousreply 132May 7, 2018 4:54 PM

I wonder where the hell are the elderly Duke and Duchess of Gloucester going to live? They still do public appearances on behalf of the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 133May 7, 2018 5:17 PM

Yes. Not only is Harry more attractive than Wills, but Meggers is a glamorous Hollywood actress, not a middle class striver from Berkshire. There's also the edge to her being mixed, and dragging the Firm into the 21st century. Plenty of Britons are mixed or black, and this invests them more in the RF.

by Anonymousreply 134May 7, 2018 5:24 PM

Did anyone actually read the article linked at R130?

Get this...

[quote]Sources say that in recent days Meghan has taken out her beloved dogs for a walk in the green which is now obscured from public view behind the trees.

What BELOVED DOGS?? The INJURED TWO BROKEN LEGS/MIA/DEAD one? Or the Abandoned/Left Behind one?

by Anonymousreply 135May 7, 2018 5:35 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136May 7, 2018 5:57 PM

R13 - According to the article, the Duke and Duchess will be moving into a smaller apartment,

Important question: Why are the Idiot Ginger Prince and Nutmeg moving into Apartment 1 with 21 rooms and no children when Willnot and Cannot have Apartment 1A with twenty rooms and three children????

Two grifters living in the lap of luxury at taxpayers expense. It's exactly this kind of information that will turn the public away from these two.

by Anonymousreply 137May 7, 2018 6:27 PM

There's no reason for them to move to that huge apartment, when they already have the cottage at Kensington.

by Anonymousreply 138May 7, 2018 7:04 PM

Some are saying that the pictures of work on Kensington Palace are due to planned repairs announced months ago in a list of repairs to other buildings.

Also claiming that Princess Michael is trying to push for Harry into the Glocester's apartment as a way of protecting her own Kensington Palace digs.

by Anonymousreply 139May 8, 2018 4:20 AM

R130 Why does that picture look like there's a wall with barbed wire and a prison guard tower??

by Anonymousreply 140May 8, 2018 4:40 AM

R137, Because Baby #1 will be coming in Sept.

by Anonymousreply 141May 8, 2018 5:33 AM

It's just you OP.

William is the heir, his wedding was super important.

Harry is Harry, only Americans can think his wedding is more important or popular and only because Meghan is American.

by Anonymousreply 142May 8, 2018 5:59 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143May 25, 2018 4:55 AM

Kate Middleton: Before Prince William

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144May 25, 2018 4:57 AM

The wedding of Prince Dopey and The Duchess of Famewhoring had a much higher potential trainwreck factor, that's why.

by Anonymousreply 145May 25, 2018 4:57 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146May 25, 2018 4:59 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147May 25, 2018 5:00 AM

Enough with unmeasurable intangibles like "excitement". Just give us TV ratings for both weddings then close the thread.

by Anonymousreply 148May 25, 2018 5:07 AM

MM dog was featured alive and well and even got a special post-wedding ride.

by Anonymousreply 149May 25, 2018 5:29 AM

William and Kate have a purpose; pump out Royal heirs and fly the Flag, when required.

With the 3rd Cambridge sprog extant, Ginger sinks into increasing dynastic and public irrelevance, a fact that seems to have totally escaped designing Megs. Try as their PR myth-makers might, I doubt that the Ginger Megs Show will be immune to not-too-distant future public question and ridicule.

by Anonymousreply 150May 25, 2018 5:30 AM

[quote] Nice try Millenial

What difference would it make? All 4 of them are millennials.

by Anonymousreply 151May 25, 2018 5:34 AM

Meghan and Harry are much more well-liked amongst the Millennial and younger set. They are seen as much more fun and relatable than William and Kate, who are seen as stuffy and boring. Maybe Kate and William are more well-liked with older people?

by Anonymousreply 152May 25, 2018 5:54 AM

R152, Watching Kate's behavior at the wedding, I sincerely doubt that's true.

by Anonymousreply 153May 25, 2018 6:29 AM

Harry and Meghan are much more popular with their peers precisely because they are seen as more down to earth and flawed. Harry was a wild child partier who has made mistakes but seems fun. Meghan is an American outsider, former actress, the older woman, biracial, divorcee. Both of them are breaking rules and saying to hell with royal traditions.

In comparison, Kate and William look like a pair of goody two shoes who've never even smoked a joint in their life.

by Anonymousreply 154May 25, 2018 6:31 AM

[quote]r149 MM dog was featured alive and well and even got a special post-wedding ride.

Can the queen demand that this beagle, which she openly squired around town in her car before the wedding, be requisitioned for her own personal ownership??

Will Sparkle have to surrender Guy??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155May 25, 2018 6:42 AM

Harry and Meg are free to walk away from the rules and traditions of the Royal Family - free room and board in palaces & castles, payment for ribbon cutting, etc. , money from Pa and Granny to support their lazy asses - any time they want.

They can live off Harry's $400,000 a year and Meg can surely get her old job on Suits back.

Bye-bye. Don't let the door hit you as you leave.

by Anonymousreply 156May 25, 2018 6:54 AM

[italic][bold]BUT WILL THEY HAVE TO SURRENDER GUY ? ? ?

by Anonymousreply 157May 25, 2018 6:58 AM

R157, are William and Kate any less lazy though? Yeah, Kate has birthed a small brood of children, but I'm sure she has a hundred nannies helping raise them, too.

by Anonymousreply 158May 25, 2018 6:59 AM

So what's William doing with himself these days?

People knock Kate for being lazy but at least she's birthing children and presumably giving the nannies a hand in raising them. What does William do all day long? He's the heir, he's supposed to be the one impressing the public with his regality, while the wifey refrains from upstaging him.

by Anonymousreply 159May 25, 2018 7:07 AM

[quote] So what's William doing with himself these days?

Based on recent photos, eating lots of fish and chips all day.

by Anonymousreply 160May 25, 2018 7:10 AM

Supposedly if one believes rumors Prince William does look forward to being King. How much time does he spend being an actual father? Young kids need their young father in their life.

by Anonymousreply 161May 25, 2018 7:16 AM

Will and Kate seem like the responsible, older pair readying themselves to take the throne. Nothing wrong with that.

by Anonymousreply 162May 25, 2018 7:48 AM

I don't think there's anything wrong with that either, R162. But the question was why there seemed to be more excitement for Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding, and I think their free spiritedness was part of it, at least with Millennials.

I don't even necessarily think that they are more popular than Kate and William. Kate and William and their wedding were quite popular — with older people.

by Anonymousreply 163May 25, 2018 8:59 AM

Harry and Sparkle are the new Will and Kate.

by Anonymousreply 164May 25, 2018 9:01 AM

They're totally not like boring Will and Kate though, R164. That's precisely why they appeal to a lot of people.

by Anonymousreply 165May 25, 2018 10:04 AM

R165, how could you call Kate and William lame or boring?

They both look superfun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166May 25, 2018 10:30 AM

I don’t know if Harry and Meghan’s wedding caused more excitement, but if it did, it was certainly because with her relatives providing pre-wedding entertainment non-stop, many people expected some sort of a juicy scandal at the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 167May 25, 2018 10:53 AM

Something that might affect the ratings (at least in the US):

The Sparkle nuptials were held on a Saturday, when most people in the U.S. are off from work and can watch at their leisure.

The Willam/Kate wedding was on a Friday. It was made a national holiday in Great Britain, but Americans still had to haul ass out of the house at 7 am to get on with their miserable commute.

by Anonymousreply 168May 25, 2018 2:05 PM

I'm super skeptical when it comes to so-called psychics. Usually I think they're mindless entertainment at best, as long as they are not charging me any money. However this man has some practical insights that he expresses quite well about relationships in general and MM in particular re shared values and the willingness to consistently adapt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169May 25, 2018 5:41 PM

Fraus like Kate more because Kate is more of a frau herself.

by Anonymousreply 170May 25, 2018 5:44 PM

Why did Kate have to rush in and have three kids?

by Anonymousreply 171May 25, 2018 5:54 PM

Actually, I find Meg with her blog, merchandising, and "branding" to be quite frauish. And pretentious.

by Anonymousreply 172May 25, 2018 6:02 PM

This situation is a frau's dream come true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173May 25, 2018 6:06 PM

So romantic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174May 25, 2018 6:08 PM

R171, Kate probably wanted to secure her position as she knew her husband's friends didn't approve of her and still don't. She's not been invited to his friends' weddings. As long as she keeps having babies her marriage is secure.

R173, MM has always pushed the boundaries. It's why many women are curious re how she'll adapt to the extreme regimentation of the Palace. By comparison military service is the norm for men in the RF, although the Queen served as a mechanic alongside in WW II. I'm sure that affected her thought processes. Can anyone imagine MM in the rule bound military? How would she survive?

by Anonymousreply 175May 25, 2018 6:10 PM

Meghan and Harry had higher ratings in the US, not surprising with her being American and the friendlier day and time slot than William and Kate's wedding.

BUT Meghan and Harry had much lower ratings in the UK than Will and Kate. Also not surprising since the further you get from the line of succession, the less they care.

Worldwide tally is murkier, but it looks close.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176May 25, 2018 6:24 PM

It's true, Kate needed to have a couple of babies fairly quickly, to secure her position. She's middle class by British standards, not anyone's idea of queen material, but once she's birthed a couple of healthy heirs then there she is - the second-to-next queen of fucking England!

So the first two children were obligatory. If she keeps having more, maybe either she or William actually like having sprogs.

by Anonymousreply 177May 25, 2018 6:49 PM

R148 = Donald J. Trump

by Anonymousreply 178May 25, 2018 6:58 PM

Also r176, as seems clear from the Britqueens of DL, the British are horrified that a black person is sullying the Royal Family. That could also explain why the ratings were lower. Because, you know, BREXIT.

by Anonymousreply 179May 25, 2018 6:59 PM

Kate was skinnier and had the better dress so she wins.

by Anonymousreply 180May 25, 2018 7:03 PM

R176, Harry and Meghan received more ratings in the US because young people tuned in this time, as they can relate to them more. They are marrying at a time when their peers are marrying, settling down, etc. That wasn't necessarily true seven years ago. And I mean, c'mon, they are more quintessential millennial: Harry marrying while sporting a beard?

by Anonymousreply 181May 25, 2018 7:19 PM

Kate is not just a frau because of her small clan of children. She has always had frau, prude tendencies. She is frumpy and boring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182May 25, 2018 7:21 PM

Dull as dishwater even 6 years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183May 25, 2018 7:23 PM

R181 "Harry and Meghan received more ratings in the US because young people tuned in this time, as they can relate to them more."

Where you get those numbers from?

by Anonymousreply 184May 25, 2018 7:35 PM

^ Where *did*

by Anonymousreply 185May 25, 2018 7:35 PM

outtahisass.com, R184

by Anonymousreply 186May 25, 2018 7:36 PM

R171, that's her job. An heir, a spare and a just-in-case to cement the Middleton branch of the royal lineage.

by Anonymousreply 187May 25, 2018 7:41 PM

All media is reporting that Harry and Meghan's wedding got more viewers than Will & Kate AND Charles & Diana

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188May 25, 2018 7:46 PM

R188, do you have any idea how stupid the comparison to Charles and Diana's ratings are? And again, that's only in the US.

by Anonymousreply 189May 25, 2018 7:57 PM

Don't shoot the messenger, R186. I admit, I'm going based off of personal and anecdotal evidence from friends, acquaintances, and co-workers my age. Article below explains it well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190May 25, 2018 8:03 PM

An article that was written 2 weeks before the wedding doesn't tell us the demo breakdown of actual wedding viewers, R190. That (Canadian) article plays up Meghan's Toronto connection--do we even know what the ratings were in Canada?

by Anonymousreply 191May 25, 2018 8:10 PM

R191, here is some more evidence that viewership of Harry/Meghan skewed younger. Over 6 million tweeted about their wedding, more than 3 times Will & Kate's. Twitter was around and popular back then in 2011, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192May 25, 2018 8:55 PM

But why is it that a poll conducted in which everyday Americans were asked about the royal wedding. Only 28 percent of Americans gave a shit. Just because people online are having conversations about it does not mean it is popular outside the internet. The daily news called it the yawn nuptial. Even though she is American most people could give a shit about some d list actress marrying a famous prince.she is not a big name actress to generate enough interest.

by Anonymousreply 193May 25, 2018 9:30 PM

[quote]here is some more evidence that viewership of Harry/Meghan skewed younger. Over 6 million tweeted about their wedding, more than 3 times Will & Kate's. Twitter was around and popular back then in 2011, too.

More people use Twitter than they did back in 2011. Useless comparison.

by Anonymousreply 194May 25, 2018 9:37 PM

[quote]That compared with 1,821,669 tweets across a similar timeframe for Prince William when he married Kate Middleton back on April 29, 2011 [bold]when Twitter, founded in 2006, was in its relative infancy.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 195May 25, 2018 9:38 PM

R195, Twitter was not in its infancy in 2011. At least not anymore than Facebook which was founded just two years prior in 2004. If anything, both websites were more popular with only younger people back then, before they got hijacked by older folks who politicized both sites.

R193, I don't think Markle is some particularly great or fascinating woman. In fact, I think she is sort of an attentionwhore. All of them are to an extent. I'm just explaining that Meghan and Harry are viewed as much more fun, down to earth, and relatable in comparison to Will and Kate, who are seen as stuffy and status quo. This is just an opinion based off of everything I've heard from young people around my age, particularly Millennials. Will and Kate have their fans, too. I just think they are more popular with older people.

by Anonymousreply 196May 25, 2018 9:51 PM

Um, that quote from the article posted, R196. Again, you can't cite any statistics about how young people feel about Harry and Meghan, just what you pulled out of your ass.

Here are actual stats that compare the number of Twitter users in 2011 vs 2017. 117 millon vs 328 million.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197May 25, 2018 10:16 PM

And how many of those 328 million are actual humans vs. bots? :-D

Hmm R197, you seem a bit upset about this, and I'm not quite sure why you have such a hard time believing that American Millennials relate more to Harry and Meghan? You're right that I have no statistics, but I never claimed to. I'm just offering my opinion and that of what I have observed of other people my age. They seem quintessential millennial to me, both the good and the bad qualities. Breaking with tradition, delaying marriage, flawed and vapid, out to have fun, dating interracially.

And what's wrong with people liking someone that they feel they can relate to? Isn't that at least partially why Princess Diana was so popular and the "people's princess?" She was a down to earth outsider who didn't fit the stuffy royal mold?

by Anonymousreply 198May 25, 2018 10:29 PM

I am actually Meghan age and I could care less about the wedding. I think the idea that the wedding is popular among millennias is overstated. None of my friends who are also in their thirties give a shit. Outside Twitter most people could care less. She is not that interesting in my opinion to gather huge interests. We americans love our celebrity to be really famous even if we hate them. She was a virtually an unknown before she started dating harry. I think the us media is doing the most to promote sparkle because she is not interesting or fascinating without the American media overload. I think people still do not care as much after the media whoring. The media wants her to be the American Diana or grace Kelly so badly. The problem is she does not have the it factor of Diana and the movie star quality or name recognition of grace Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 199May 25, 2018 11:09 PM

Fun reading all these ratings statistics, but does any of this mean anything to the Royal Family itself? After all, they are the ones that will have to live with and deal with the bride. Since they are pretty much a closed family, it will be the RF who will be impacted most. Rather like those old movies where the wayward son shows up married to the brassy, totally unsuitable "actress". You just know the plot will involve faux pas and sight gags galore.

I'm not a Brit, but have been enjoying the shitstorm of family dramas that appeared this time.

Since the RF has no bearing on my life, having the recently inducted member be a huge baggage carrier has provided a welcome Dynasty-like diversion from the awful news of the day.

I am not of the entertainment milieu, but do such ratings from social media have any impact on real people and their reactions?

Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 200May 25, 2018 11:15 PM

[quote] I am actually Meghan age and I could care less about the wedding.

R199, no offense, but you obviously cared a little bit to at least post the same thing twice on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 201May 25, 2018 11:17 PM

201 but you cared so much to stalk my comments and reply back. So who is the one really doing the most.

by Anonymousreply 202May 25, 2018 11:28 PM

[quote] We americans love our celebrity to be really famous even if we hate them.

wtf? Does this explain the preference and rise in popularity of Instagram Hos and Youtube celebrities vs. conventional movie stars? That might have been true 20 years ago but not so much anymore.

by Anonymousreply 203May 25, 2018 11:30 PM

R202 learn how to reply correctly memaw.

by Anonymousreply 204May 25, 2018 11:37 PM

The pointless bitchery of this thread and topic cracks me up!

by Anonymousreply 205May 25, 2018 11:57 PM

R198 - Most Millennials couldn't give a shit about Harry and Meghan in general. Plus - at 37 Meghan is at the oldest range of a Millennial to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 206May 26, 2018 12:28 AM

Kate popping out 3 children in a row and settling into middle aged frauhood makes her seem even more impossibly boring than before.

by Anonymousreply 207May 26, 2018 12:40 AM

Kate only has 3 children, which isn't unusual. The way people talk about her being a baby factory, you'd think she'd popped out 10 kids by now.

by Anonymousreply 208May 26, 2018 2:47 AM

Don't worry, R208. I'm working on having #4 and #5 already! Tee-hee!

by Anonymousreply 209May 26, 2018 3:11 AM

I was looking at photos of the boys from just ten years ago, and both of them were much better looking. Windsors don't age well. I saw a video of Charles talking about the Prince's Trust and he had his sons with him. Even Charles was better looking. In fact he had a moment in late middle age when he looked presentable. Today there were photos of Charles and again his hands were red and swollen. His face was very flushed. I've heard that he and Camilla love their G&Ts so do you think he might be a functioning alcoholic and that's why he has edema and the redness? Maybe Hypertension? I'm beginning to wonder if Charles' health is the real reason William and Katherine permanently moved back to Kensington Palace?

by Anonymousreply 210May 26, 2018 4:17 AM

[quote] Today there were photos of Charles and again his hands were red and swollen. His face was very flushed. I've heard that he and Camilla love their G&Ts so do you think he might be a functioning alcoholic and that's why he has edema and the redness? Maybe Hypertension?

It's Kate. She's methodically poisoning him.

by Anonymousreply 211May 26, 2018 6:05 AM

Does Kate like big black cocks? How about Queen Elizabeth?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212May 26, 2018 7:22 AM

R175 why don't William's friends like Kate?

by Anonymousreply 213May 26, 2018 7:53 AM

[quote]R206 Most Millennials couldn't give a shit about Harry and Meghan in general.

We do. Meghan is kind of picking up where Michelle left off.

by Anonymousreply 214May 26, 2018 8:13 AM

I think Harry has been mind controlled completely by her.

by Anonymousreply 215May 26, 2018 8:54 AM

R215, I think she's far more in love with what she thinks will continue to come with being his wife. I also think she's very manipulative. What will he do when she won't submit to what the RF expects of her?

by Anonymousreply 216May 26, 2018 9:15 AM

[quote] What will he do when she won't submit to what the RF expects of her?

Good question.

Since the Royal Family consider it a job, won't they give her fewer and fewer opportunities to appear? And certainly to speak? And cut her wardrobe allowance and travel allowance, etc? Less money coming from Charles, etc.

We've already seen that they have quite a bit of power to prevent things from showing in the press and media - not total control, of course, but quite a lot.

Could she and Harry be put in a position where they have to live off Harry's $400,000 a year?

by Anonymousreply 217May 26, 2018 12:28 PM

I dont understand the hate for Kate. I am not a fan of the RF in general but the hate for the future queen is ridiculous, all because she is superior to Meghan. It is interesting that miss"feminist" will have to bow to Kate. I don't think she is popular with millennials since that demographic tend to move on quickly, especially when they realized she is not the face of change within the monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 218May 26, 2018 1:59 PM

R214, did you post that with a straight face?

by Anonymousreply 219May 26, 2018 2:02 PM

[quote] I dont understand the hate for Kate

Maybe because she is a boring, f’ing bitch who comes across as a real life, uptight Tracy Flick?

Millennials of a certain age will get [italic] that [/italic] reference.

by Anonymousreply 220May 26, 2018 4:52 PM

Look at how Kate acted during the wedding. Every single time the camera was on her she was giggling and whispering to Camilla. had a whole lot more respect for here before I saw her behave in this very rude manner.

by Anonymousreply 221May 26, 2018 5:06 PM

I don't hate Kate. I think she's just lame, and William, too.

by Anonymousreply 222May 26, 2018 5:58 PM

[quote] Every single time the camera was on her

How much did the camera focus on Kate?

by Anonymousreply 223May 26, 2018 6:35 PM

R223, I saw the BBC American presentation as it was easy to stream live from my laptop, and I happened to still be awake. Especially during the Black Preacher's 14 min speech the camera's repeatedly panned every single celeb and Royal Family member in the audience. So YES there was a LOT of footage of Kate and Camilla giggling and talking throughout the entire speech, as well as during the service.

Since the Queen and Prince Philip kept the exact same robotic expression throughout the sermon apparently the cameraman got bored of focusing upon them.

Overall I really liked the BBC coverage although so much of it was hysterically funny, intended or not I'm not quite sure. The main hosts comments re the sermon included.

by Anonymousreply 224May 26, 2018 7:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!