Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Does Anderson earn a SHITLOAD of money from CNN?

I've never read his zillion threads, so I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 43April 24, 2018 1:00 PM

Not for long. I'm younger and just won the Pulitzer prize.

by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2018 10:02 PM

A quick google search says Anderson Cooper's salary from CNN is 11 million.

A thread for this OP?

by Anonymousreply 2April 22, 2018 10:06 PM

Does it matter?

by Anonymousreply 3April 22, 2018 10:06 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 4April 22, 2018 10:37 PM

Anderson Cooper and Don Lemon are paid a SHITLOAD

by Anonymousreply 5April 22, 2018 11:14 PM

Anderson should go away..His ratings are shit

by Anonymousreply 6April 22, 2018 11:19 PM

Judge Judy makes 46 million a year. Lol,

by Anonymousreply 7April 22, 2018 11:30 PM

Many people think he is an "heiress" and has received or will receive all those Vanderbilt millions on his mother Gloria Vanderbilt's death. But she informed him years ago that their share of the Vanderbilt fortune is long gone. He is a very wealthy man but he earned the bulk of what he has on his own.

by Anonymousreply 8April 22, 2018 11:39 PM

[quote]But she informed him years ago that their share of the Vanderbilt fortune is long gone.

Or so he says to throw people off the trail. Maybe Glo has millions stashed away in a Swiss bank account.

by Anonymousreply 9April 22, 2018 11:46 PM

Oh for chrissake's r9, why do you think she lent her name and a little bit of input to that hugely successful line of "designer" jeans in the 1970s? Girl was broke and had to make a living. She was broke and hustling her name from the 1960s on. Something had to pay the rent on that Upper East Side attic she lived in all those years.

by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2018 11:52 PM

She's got a shedload of cash.

by Anonymousreply 11April 23, 2018 12:06 AM

Oh yeah, when she had to hustle her ass, she did and she's supposedly worth between $100 to $200 million now. So I don't think Anderson will get nothing from her but he doesn't need her money and he's not getting a huge fortune from her. But none of what either has now is from an inherited fortune. The old Vanderbilt dollars are indeed long gone. They've made their own.

They've made the Vanderbilt name its own profit source. Opened business opportunity doors and then they both worked hard.

by Anonymousreply 12April 23, 2018 12:27 AM

She’s upper middle class rich now - I would guess closer to $2-3 million. Suckered out of her money by a manipulative shrink. Not a very responsible financial manager. So not broke broke - but probably would not have been enough for him to live on.

With that said, not sure why these people feel the need to keep working as hard as they do when he has made enough money to retire if he wants - easily has $20-30 million. Not sure I would be standing out in sub-zero weather on NYE if I didn’t need the money. Why does he keep working.

by Anonymousreply 13April 23, 2018 12:32 AM

If you got a job you like you enjoy working R13.

by Anonymousreply 14April 23, 2018 12:43 AM

Business insider has her worth around $200 million and Cooper at $100 million. I don't know how you figured she was only worth $2 - $3 million R13.

by Anonymousreply 15April 23, 2018 12:50 AM

[quote]If you got a job you like you enjoy working

Yeah people seem to not get that some people live for their work, they don't want to stop. The principal investigator I work for could have retired years ago, but he does not want to hang it up. Loves what he does.

by Anonymousreply 16April 23, 2018 12:59 AM

Those are the luckiest people in the world, r16, when they can support themselves doing what they love.

by Anonymousreply 17April 23, 2018 1:02 AM

How can you enjoy a job that makes you stand outside in sub-zero weather for over 4 hours trying to make small talk? Or work 14 hour days - and have no time for personal life? I just don’t see what enjoyment he could get from working 12+ hours a day that outweighs the joy of living and experiencing life and friends and family and art and nature - at least the majority of the time. Do people really prefer work to stuff they do outside of work?

by Anonymousreply 18April 23, 2018 3:30 AM

r18 while most of us are spending money or wasting time, Anderson holds a coveted hosting position on NYE. Even if he didn't like it it's probably in his contract and only for a single night. With his salary, it's really not asking much. I'm sure there is a separate check sent hiss way for those 4-6 hours of work.

by Anonymousreply 19April 23, 2018 3:50 AM

According to celebritynetworth.com, he makes $11 million a year and is worth about $100 million with his CNN contract, lives in a multimillion-dollar Manhattan apartment, and also has two Hamptons homes.

Anderson Cooper's mother Gloria Vanderbilt is the great-great-granddaughter of railroad tycoon Cornelius Vanderbilt and an Instagram sensation in her own right. The 93-year-old is also reportedly worth $200 million, likely thanks to an inheritance bolstered by her successful jeans business. But Cooper says he won't see any of it.

"My mom's made clear to me that there's no trust fund," Cooper once told Howard Stern in a radio interview first reported by Business Insider. "There's none of that."

"I don't believe in inheriting money," Cooper explained. "I think it's an initiative sucker. I think it's a curse."

The 50-year-old said, "From the time I was growing up, if I felt that there was some pot of gold waiting for me, I don't know that I would've been so motivated."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 23, 2018 3:57 AM

$11M is certainly nothing to sneer at, but it is crazy Jimmy Fallon makes over $30M! Judge Judy too, a staggering amount. So much disparity even within similar fields. I wonder why NBC feels Fallon is worth that? I have detested him ever since I saw him make sport of some young up and coming guest. Fallon initially complimented the lad's shoes, followed up with either where did you get those kicks, or whose kicks are you wearing? Lad answered K-Mart. Jimmy begins cackling and says really, K-Mart? (In an affected tone) The lad then said, yeah, seriously; why what kind of shoes are you wearing, and Fallon smugly answered Tom Ford. I never thought of him the same afterward; I cannot watch his show now.

by Anonymousreply 21April 23, 2018 4:08 AM

[quote] She’s upper middle class rich now - I would guess closer to $2-3 million.

Oh, R13, it's sad that you think $2-3 million is upper middle class in NYC. That's not even regular middle class.

by Anonymousreply 22April 23, 2018 4:14 AM

Who could ever watch Fallon's show, r21?

by Anonymousreply 23April 23, 2018 4:15 AM

I don't know really R23. Was watching it on a lark myself.

by Anonymousreply 24April 23, 2018 4:23 AM

r13, she has artwork and antiques worth well over 2-3 million alone.

by Anonymousreply 25April 23, 2018 4:43 AM

R21 where are you getting your information on Fallon? He does not make over 30 million a year. Are you sure you're not confusing his estimated net worth with his yearly salary?

According to this 2017 CNBC article:

Fallon = Estimated annual salary: $16 million Colbert = Estimated annual salary: $15 million Kimmel = Estimated annual salary: $15 million

Also, the story about Fallon being smug about wearing Tom Ford shoes doesn't sound believable. He's been in the public eye for about 20 years now and that sounds nothing like him. Was it a comedy bit? Do you have a clip of the interview or can you give more info so we can find a clip of the interview? Are you perhaps confusing him with someone else?

With regard to Judge Judy, she does make an obscene amount of money because she owns her own show. It was reported she had a salary of 47 million in 2017.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 24, 2018 12:12 AM

R13 Anderson and his pals aren't comparing themselves to the regular Joneses. Anderson hangs around with people like Barry Diller so compared to that his 11 million dollar salary probably feels lower middle class to him.

by Anonymousreply 27April 24, 2018 12:18 AM

No, he earns shitloadS.

by Anonymousreply 28April 24, 2018 12:21 AM

R26 I had been told by people that was his income R26, and stand corrected. I do not possess a "clip", as I'm not a fan. If you search, perhaps you can find it on YouTube. It did happen whether you "can't believe it" or not. You do NOT have to believe either! I know what I watched. Fans such as yourself are a bit off in the defence of their idols. Have you also considered Jimmy might have other streams of income as well as his show? Keep an open mind. Though I'm no fan, I have better things to say than false meaningless accusations.

by Anonymousreply 29April 24, 2018 12:27 AM

BTW, R26 I might add I STILL don't think he is worth a $15M salary either!

by Anonymousreply 30April 24, 2018 12:29 AM

R21/R29 I'm just wondering if you misinterpreted what you saw, that's all. Perhaps, something about his American humor went over your head. Yes, of course he has other income besides his show. But that has nothing to do with how much NBC pays him to host The Tonight Show.

by Anonymousreply 31April 24, 2018 12:33 AM

"...better things to say than false meaningless accusations "

Those are the best kind.

by Anonymousreply 32April 24, 2018 12:47 AM

R31 I seriously do not believe I have a gap understanding American humour, or TV. I've lived here for 20 yrs, and watched American programmes in England. It was a bit over the top. He did try to make a funny over it, even though he should have recognised his faux pas and either moved on, or not mentioned TF. He could have proferred a humble, I forgot what I put on, or they give me free shoes, whatever. I tried a google search, but alas came up fruitless. I did see several things regarding shoes, however. I think Fallon is really shoe obsessed, and into designers, and Tom Ford specifically, as he has mentioned him many times, and has had him as guest a few times too. The thing that made me dislike him was he thought the shoes were cool before he knew where they had been purchased; no mistaking the snobbery there. I cannot quote verbatim, but recall him also adding does anyone still shop there? I don't buy for a minute Fallon ever shopped at K-Mart, as he had a fairly affluent upbringing. Regarding his income, his spouse is co-owner of production company Flower Films, perhaps my friend was referring to their income as a couple.

by Anonymousreply 33April 24, 2018 1:02 AM

R29/R33. "Fairly affluent upbringing"? In what way? Raised in an exclusive neighborhood? Attended a fancy prep school or an elite university? Father had a high-level job?

If Fallon had a fairly affluent upbringing then I think you could say the same of most Americans.

by Anonymousreply 34April 24, 2018 1:08 AM

Yeah I don't think Fallon had an affluent upbringing.

by Anonymousreply 35April 24, 2018 1:12 AM

Do all these people have almost everything offshore so they don't have to pay US taxes?

by Anonymousreply 36April 24, 2018 1:38 AM

One look at Fallon's face @ R26 made my ass have an affluent upbringing.

by Anonymousreply 37April 24, 2018 1:52 AM

I unintentionally have caused this thread to derail, and for that 1,000 apologies. I'd much rather we go on speculating about AC! Fallon attended Catholic school while young, and though born in Brooklyn, moved to Saugerties NY at age two. Lovely town with the Village of Saugerties located within Catskill Park. His parents sent him to college, his father worked for IBM. Affluent compared to his young guest he had put down for his shoes. Snobbery is not funny regardless, someone in his position should know better. Fallon fangurls need to let the thread revert back to AC, Vanderbilts, etc. Much, much, more interesting! Those still with a stiffy for Fallon should go rub one out.

by Anonymousreply 38April 24, 2018 2:11 AM

Who in the worst hell has a stiffy for Fallon?

by Anonymousreply 39April 24, 2018 2:27 AM

[QUOTE]Affluent compared to his young guest he had put down for his shoes

Right, the interview from which you can remember exact quotes, but not who the guest was. Given how disliked Fallon is, if something like that had happened it would be easily Googled. If it did happen it sounds like it was taken as a joke by everyone but you who just wants something to bitch about Fallon with.

by Anonymousreply 40April 24, 2018 11:18 AM

William Henry Vanderbilt inherited 100 million from the Commodore and doubled it in nine years to leave a 200 million fortune to his sons, in 1885.

1885. Now, that was a lot of money.

by Anonymousreply 41April 24, 2018 11:50 AM

I don’t think AC needs to go dumpster diving with some of you guys to maintain his lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 42April 24, 2018 12:09 PM

Cooper is a tabloid level interviewer.

by Anonymousreply 43April 24, 2018 1:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!