Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kangaroo in zoo dies after being pelted by bricks from tourists trying to see it hop: report

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120April 27, 2018 12:00 AM

Warning: link to Fox News; so I'll just confirm that yes, it happened in China, so you don't have to click.

by Anonymousreply 1April 21, 2018 11:50 AM

I’m waiting for a statement from Morrissey.

by Anonymousreply 2April 21, 2018 11:52 AM

disgusting

by Anonymousreply 3April 21, 2018 11:54 AM

So this actually validates the discussion on the Morrissey thread about Chinese people and the poor animals who must live (and die) around them. Vile people.

by Anonymousreply 4April 21, 2018 11:55 AM

I knew it was China before I read it.

by Anonymousreply 5April 21, 2018 3:55 PM

People suck.

by Anonymousreply 6April 21, 2018 4:13 PM

It should have hopped, then none of this would have happened.

by Anonymousreply 7April 21, 2018 4:15 PM

A perfect example of why I prefer to be around animals rather than humans. Humans are vile. The sooner humans die out the better the world will be. You don't read about kangaroos throwing bricks at animals do you? Or keeping each other locked up in cages.

by Anonymousreply 8April 21, 2018 4:25 PM

I lived in China for a year and knew it was China immediately.

by Anonymousreply 9April 21, 2018 4:31 PM

Non FOX News link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 21, 2018 4:33 PM

Why didn't zookeepers do something?

by Anonymousreply 11April 21, 2018 5:12 PM

Sending Roger the buff 'roo to kick some Chinese ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 21, 2018 5:17 PM

Chinese and Muslims - who should I hate more? I’m pretty sick of people in general especially drug addicts, lazy people who could work on disability, billionaires whose effective tax rate is much lowe than mine because most my income is “earned income.” I coul go on .

by Anonymousreply 13April 21, 2018 5:19 PM

Nature is vicious r8, you seem to have a Disney view of it.

by Anonymousreply 14April 21, 2018 5:20 PM

hey R14...R8 is pretty much spot on....nature is vicious..BUT hello these are some more crappy people ( also not surprised it was in china) abusing an animal...they should be charged though in my world they would just be put with lions at that zoo but with no bricks..see if they like getting close to that nature!

by Anonymousreply 15April 21, 2018 5:24 PM

This made me cry.

I sometimes think I'm just not meant for this world, you know? How could a human be so selfish and cruel as to throw goddam bricks at an animal? Something has to be wrong with their minds.

by Anonymousreply 16April 21, 2018 5:26 PM

nature isn't deliberately vicious, it is cold and swift. that's anthropomorphic. I say put those people in the ring with a couple kangaroos let them get their asses kicked.

by Anonymousreply 17April 21, 2018 5:26 PM

Can a culture, collectively, lack empathy? Did the Mao-era horror really mess up the Chinese people that badly?

by Anonymousreply 18April 21, 2018 5:28 PM

Another question. Is it common for zoos to keep piles of bricks lying around?

by Anonymousreply 19April 21, 2018 5:32 PM

I cant handle this story; get all the animals out of China. WTF. This is disgusting. Same, R16.

by Anonymousreply 20April 21, 2018 5:33 PM

The story is a bit sketchy (as so many of these kinds of stories are) but they seem to be implying that people pried up bricks to throw.

by Anonymousreply 21April 21, 2018 5:34 PM

Bet there's video.

by Anonymousreply 22April 21, 2018 6:55 PM

I fucking hate zoos.

by Anonymousreply 23April 21, 2018 7:01 PM

China has probably the worst record on treatment of animals anywhere. They are mainly responsible for pushing all kinds of species towards extinction due to demand for ridiculous folk medicine cures, such as rhino horns for ED. They have made some progress banning ivory lately though. But if they don't shape up they need to have sanctions imposed.

by Anonymousreply 24April 21, 2018 7:03 PM

Fuckers

by Anonymousreply 25April 22, 2018 1:03 AM

[quote]So this actually validates the discussion on the Morrissey thread about Chinese people and the poor animals who must live (and die) around them. Vile people.

As opposed to Seaworld and Ringling Bros run by "white people" who show how loving they are towards animals.

Funny how Morrissey just pretends that at a "regular" slaughterhouse, they apparently read a bedtime story to the cattle to lull it to sleep before they kill it. He's an idiot who appeals to the worst instincts of people and his logic can easily be challenged by anyone with more than a two-digit IQ.

by Anonymousreply 26April 22, 2018 1:11 AM

Preach R26!!!

by Anonymousreply 27April 22, 2018 1:12 AM

Chinese are disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 28April 22, 2018 1:14 AM

Savage, cruel people. Currently intent on invading the West and buying up all the houses with their fake currency.

by Anonymousreply 29April 22, 2018 1:24 AM

It would great to insult the actual people who did this rather than the entire population of the country.

I don’t think the US wants to be judged by the worst of its citizens,

by Anonymousreply 30April 22, 2018 1:28 AM

This is truly disgusting. Close the zoo. If people are too inhumane and heinous to appreciate a zoo, close the goddamn thing.

by Anonymousreply 31April 22, 2018 1:34 AM

What R26 said.

SeaWorld is much, much worse - they pretend their doing this for "animal research" - not in the least.

by Anonymousreply 32April 22, 2018 1:35 AM

R32, and by "their," of course, I meant they're. I'm blaming autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 33April 22, 2018 1:38 AM

Why do they have loose rocks at a zoo?

by Anonymousreply 34April 22, 2018 1:42 AM

Chinese eat cats and dogs partially alive so it's no surprise they would torture a poor animal for shits and giggles.

by Anonymousreply 35April 22, 2018 1:43 AM

Let us not discuss the fact that the largest immigrant group into the US the past 40 years has been the Chinese. We now have three Chinatowns in Brooklyn alone..

by Anonymousreply 36April 22, 2018 1:46 AM

Kangaroo is delicious. There’s this place in the Castro that sells kangaroo pizza and it’s so good. But it’s like $10 a slice. Why so expensive?

by Anonymousreply 37April 22, 2018 1:46 AM

Hun, R37, please read the menus very carefully in every place you patronize on the Castro. The place you mention sells Gizzaroo pizza, not Kangaroo.

by Anonymousreply 38April 22, 2018 1:50 AM

To hell with all of them. They cheat on everything.

by Anonymousreply 39April 22, 2018 2:17 AM

This was just the spectators. But Chinese zoos are notorious for their animal cruelty: with the keepers throwing live goats into lion pits, feeding live donkeys to tigers, all to cheering crowds.

by Anonymousreply 40April 22, 2018 2:31 AM

R39 = 95-year-old eldergay who thinks it's still 1944

by Anonymousreply 41April 22, 2018 2:33 AM

I'm glad our friends the Muslims didn't do this. We don't need anyone saying bad things about them. They are good people who want the best for us. We must make sure they have all their needs met.

by Anonymousreply 42April 22, 2018 2:41 AM

Well, that kangaroo should’ve fucking jumped for the people. She had it coming if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 43April 22, 2018 2:56 AM

The Chinese need education. They really hurt these two kangaroos. One almost lost its’ foot. The one who died had internal injuries from the big jagged rocks. I wish I could bring those poor Roos to LA and pay those fucking Chinese monsters some money for their animals. I guess they’re still savages for the most part. They call their Siberian tiger breeding farm a fucking “sanctuary”. Ugh!!!!

by Anonymousreply 44April 22, 2018 3:18 AM

[quote]A perfect example of why I prefer to be around animals rather than humans. Humans are vile. The sooner humans die out the better the world will be. You don't read about kangaroos throwing bricks at animals do you?

Bless your little heart. Animals are AWFUL to each other. They tear each other apart and eat each other alive.

Stop watching so much Disney.

by Anonymousreply 45April 22, 2018 3:22 AM

What was on it's IPOD?

by Anonymousreply 46April 22, 2018 3:22 AM

Their culture grinds away at the earth, consuming and destroying. What need do they have for sensitivity? And yet if the Chinese government decided to save the environment, it would happen. The People have not yet grasped how much good they could do in the world.

by Anonymousreply 47April 22, 2018 3:26 AM

They had a huge famine engineered by Mao. Maybe they lost their empathy for living creatures because they were treated worse than animals. Read this in a terrible book “Hungry ghosts”. It was not that long ago.

by Anonymousreply 48April 22, 2018 3:32 AM

R47, China's investing billions in green technology, which is something the current US Administration is backing away from... in favor of coal and crude oil.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 22, 2018 3:34 AM

[quote]I guess they’re still savages for the most part.

Wow, does the racism ever end here at DL? This might be the worst thing I've read here.

by Anonymousreply 50April 22, 2018 3:36 AM

Keep reading snowflake ^

by Anonymousreply 51April 22, 2018 3:43 AM

R18 I to wonder if this is a result of the trauma of Maoism. The current Chinese seem to be very different from the pre-Mao Chinese or the ones from Taiwan. Also, why the hell were bricks just laying around in a Zoo?

by Anonymousreply 52April 22, 2018 3:43 AM

I’ve seen first hand, the culture has little empathy for animals. It’s a true blindspot.

by Anonymousreply 53April 22, 2018 3:49 AM

In 2016, 1.34 million roos were killed for commercial purposes. At least the Chinese don’t eat the kangaroos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 22, 2018 3:58 AM

You’re making excuses for some backward Chinese people who stoned an animal to death cruelly for entertainment. Then tried to stone another one a few weeks later. Not impressed by that picture. Chinese may not eat kangaroos but will destroy practically any other animal for idiotic reasons.

by Anonymousreply 55April 22, 2018 4:07 AM

I completely agree with you R8.

by Anonymousreply 56April 22, 2018 4:15 AM

I'm surprised they actually managed to hit it.....most of the ones I know couldn't hit a barn door from six feet away

by Anonymousreply 57April 22, 2018 4:16 AM

[quote]What was on it's IPOD?

Jump! by the Pointer Sisters.

by Anonymousreply 58April 22, 2018 4:19 AM

R55 Ya it’s ok to eat your coat of arms.

by Anonymousreply 59April 22, 2018 4:30 AM

We've already read your "bedtime story" spiel on the Morrissey thread. This isn't a case of cultural relativity , so get the fuck over that right now. Currently there's two threads atracking a pop culture figure for inconvenient comments he made about certain Eastern cultures, and this story backs him up. Sea World and slaughter factories will have their day. Right now you'd do well to focus on the cruelty of Chinese people whose cultural constructs tell them it's fun to murder animals, because that's what this thread is about.

by Anonymousreply 60April 22, 2018 4:41 AM

[quote] Bless your little heart. Animals are AWFUL to each other. They tear each other apart and eat each other alive.

The folks here at DL are the same who joke cruelly when a human being is maimed or killed. How do wild animals inspire sympathy but the death of a human is funny?

by Anonymousreply 61April 22, 2018 4:41 AM

R61 Stop being such an ignorant ass. I can guarantee if some human were caged and then stoned to death there would be some outrage.

Animals get more sympathy because they are helpless against human society, and are frequently subject to cruelties at the hands of humans that they would never face otherwise.

I can't believe this has to be explained.

by Anonymousreply 62April 22, 2018 4:47 AM

China is inhumane to anything and everything. They are disgusting. Should be a lot more in the media about it. The cruelty in this world is beyond repulsive......NO BRAINS and NO SOULS!

by Anonymousreply 63April 22, 2018 5:01 AM

R63 At least they don’t shoot their students

by Anonymousreply 64April 22, 2018 5:04 AM

We're talking about a country where a toddler was ran over by a car TWICE in a busy marketplace, and was then left to slowly die in the street. People just walk right past her as she lay there bleeding but conscious and crying. I can kinda-sorta get the whole "bystander effect" phenomenon if it's adults, but come the fuck on—a tiny child is lying smashed in the street like roadkill but still alive, and it doesn't occur to you that you should maybe do something to help her?

I wonder if the child being a little girl had something to do with it. Which brings me to another point: the Chinese practically exterminate their baby girls, resulting in the most skewed sex ratio in the world.

The Chinese are... odd when it comes to their children. They're either extremely loving and permissive, or incredibly barbaric and cruel, with little middle ground.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65April 22, 2018 5:12 AM

R65 And in America the police shoot blacks. What’s your point ?

by Anonymousreply 66April 22, 2018 5:15 AM

A huge meteorite needs to land in the middle of China and wipe those motherfuckers off the face of the earth

by Anonymousreply 67April 22, 2018 5:21 AM

LOL. How else you gonna make Kung pao kangaroo?

by Anonymousreply 68April 22, 2018 5:24 AM

Simple. Don’t stone kangaroos at all. If you do, and you wipe out our tigers, our rhinos, our armadillos, you will be called savages . If you are Chinese, just have a little shame. Don’t defend your people when they do evil shit.

I don’t want to attract a certain type of troll. So I’m just going to say that I belong to the “other” eastern culture M is being attacked for. I’m a straight female and I don’t make excuses for the evil shit I see my people doing. Because I’m a little uh...aggressive and I don’t make excuses for them, I am isolated as a result, and I like it like this. I don’t call myself a peaceful, religious from a “religion of peace” (BS), kosher(HL) eating idiot from hell, who needs to wear a piece of black shit on my head and call myself fucking “MODEST”. I have gotten into huge fights with these trolls and had to apologize to Muriel a few times. So, I hope you are aware as you read this and avoid attracting M trolls here.

I don’t make excuses for the medieval savagery and psychopathy in my people and you shouldn’t either. I find they(my people) have collectively lost their minds and this is why they are doomed forever to rot in the 3rd world, or even a few rungs lower. I haven’t spared my friends, nor my family. You should be just as morally incorruptible.

by Anonymousreply 69April 22, 2018 5:42 AM

R69 won’t like the human stoning in some Muslim countries

by Anonymousreply 70April 22, 2018 5:45 AM

Finally somebody with a head on her shoulders. R69 thank you.

by Anonymousreply 71April 22, 2018 5:47 AM

Yeah thanks R69..

I do admire certain Chinese characteristics but animal cruelty leaves me cold. Halal requirements are heinous. Here in Australia there are certainly double-standards and live export of animals is one of those shameful practices. The same with harvesting kangaroos. As someone pointed out there is a kangaroo on our coat-of-arms! But there is always someone who will pedantically argue that animals are there for our use and not much more. I won't change their attitude. But a hundred years from now I wonder what the world will look like and how happy people will be living in a denuded natural world.

by Anonymousreply 72April 22, 2018 8:24 AM

R30 having lived in China for a year (and in an industrialized city in the north you've probably never heard of) I can attest that animal cruelty in China is a feature, not a bug.

I remember seeing one guy with a starving donkey that pulled his cart every day.

And while I was living there, a video circulated on Chinese social media of a guy selling puppies (like everything else) roadside. He would suspend a puppy in an excruciatingly painful way, essentially torturing it, until someone bought it. That's how he sold them. The depravity was breathtaking. Like -- what the actual fuck?

by Anonymousreply 73April 22, 2018 1:08 PM

Why are the Chinese so repulsive? Their own commie government has had to print brochures teaching people not to spit because it began causing health issues. I've also seen people on the streets blow their nose onto the pavement, no tissue or anything. In general, they're okay, but I've had a few be really gruff and nasty to me for no reason when I've been there.

I travel for work and have traveled for pleasure to, and it's always the Chinese tourists who are the worst. Even more so than the Japanese with their cameras who'll swarm a landmark for pictures when you just want to look at it for a few seconds or just get your own shot of it. But still, the Chinese. They're the worst.

by Anonymousreply 74April 22, 2018 1:17 PM

R73 I largely blame the Mao era "reforms" (Great Leap Forward, Cultural Revolution, etc).

There is a lot of new wealth in China -- like an absurd amount -- and also a breathtaking amount of poverty. Imagine a country the physical size of the US, with a population of around 300,000,000 middle- to upperclass citizens. Now add 1,000,000,000 people living in dire poverty. And everyone fighting for resources. That is China.

With all the new money comes a degree of materialism that is abhorrent. See: Vancouver, Canada. Or even the Chinese students who come to study at US universities -- many of whom cheated their way in -- prancing around in $1,500 Canada Goose coats.

by Anonymousreply 75April 22, 2018 1:23 PM

Oops, mean to sign that R73

I know my assessment doesn't remotely cover the complexity of the situation; these are just observations from living in China, having a number of Chinese-born friends who now live in the US, and reading about Chinese history

by Anonymousreply 76April 22, 2018 1:28 PM

Something has to be done with overpopulation

by Anonymousreply 77April 22, 2018 1:43 PM

R17 You'd be lucky if they kicked your ass. They prefer to rip your guts out.

by Anonymousreply 78April 22, 2018 2:59 PM

After the first few bricks you'd think the roo would have learned to back off instead it would stand there like a dumb animal.

by Anonymousreply 79April 22, 2018 3:07 PM

[quote][R73] I largely blame the Mao era "reforms" (Great Leap Forward, Cultural Revolution, etc).

What did the Cultural Revolution do create this? What were they leaping toward?

by Anonymousreply 80April 22, 2018 3:18 PM

R80 Google is your friend

by Anonymousreply 81April 22, 2018 3:23 PM

The Romans were the worst in cruelty, lions anyone ?

by Anonymousreply 82April 22, 2018 3:23 PM

Dirty Muslims kill people all the time, especially gays, their own leaders kill their own people, yet you have orgasmic feelings for them, hate Christians and bitch about Chinese. Fucked up h8ers.

by Anonymousreply 83April 22, 2018 3:26 PM

R82 or bear -baiting in Renaissance England

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 22, 2018 3:27 PM

Humans are indeed a vile species that deserve the fate that awaits them: being wiped off the face of the earth. The kicker is that, because they are so vile, humans will take 90 percent of the other species with them.

Hopefully whatever or whoever takes the place will be, in all likelihood, a lot better than homo sapiens.

by Anonymousreply 85April 22, 2018 3:34 PM

What about atrocities committed in Vietnam by the Americans?

by Anonymousreply 86April 22, 2018 3:38 PM

Bullshit argument, R86

by Anonymousreply 87April 22, 2018 3:39 PM

R87 And Hiroshima ?

by Anonymousreply 88April 22, 2018 3:41 PM

THIS DOESNT HAPPEN IN PEOPLE'S KOREA, FOLKS

by Anonymousreply 89April 22, 2018 3:41 PM

We eat dogs

by Anonymousreply 90April 22, 2018 3:42 PM

What about the Rape of Nanking, R88? What about the Armenian genocide? What about the Khmer Rouge? WHAT ABOUT...... ???????

by Anonymousreply 91April 22, 2018 3:44 PM

Nagasaki anyone ?

by Anonymousreply 92April 22, 2018 3:45 PM

The holocaust ? Or didn’t it happen ?

by Anonymousreply 93April 22, 2018 3:46 PM

How is Halal meat cruel?

by Anonymousreply 94April 22, 2018 3:46 PM

Chinese tourists are horrible pushy nose-picking peasants. And I say that, believe it or not, as a very liberal person who af least tries not to judge based on ethnicity and who gave them many chances to prove the stereotype wrong.

Everyone in Europe and Asia who’s always up in arms about American attitudes and manners, just wait until the Chinese supplant us. Lesson: Be careful what you wish for.

by Anonymousreply 95April 22, 2018 3:48 PM

Kosher and halal are both torturous.

by Anonymousreply 96April 22, 2018 3:49 PM

Typical Datalounger weighs in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97April 22, 2018 3:50 PM

R86, you’re not very familiar with history, are you? My Lai was a walk in the park compared to the way things often go in Asian military operations.

Just as one example, when Chinese provinces would rebel against the empire, the rebellion would be quelled and then examples would be made of rebels. Like death by a thousand cuts, or being locked in a box partly exposed and left to starve. The image below is from Mongolia but the same was done in China.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98April 22, 2018 3:54 PM

R98 Ancient history, why don’t you cite Guantanamo Bay ?

by Anonymousreply 99April 22, 2018 3:57 PM

Right and my lai was last week too.

by Anonymousreply 100April 22, 2018 3:59 PM

What happened after Tiananmen Square, r86?

How many protestors had tanks driven over them? How many more were executed as traitors, and then a bill sent to their families for the bullet?

by Anonymousreply 101April 22, 2018 4:01 PM

R26 every Datalounge thread has an underlying theme of racial resentment; unless the thread is about Whites.

by Anonymousreply 102April 22, 2018 4:02 PM

China laughs at Guantanamo Bay

by Anonymousreply 103April 22, 2018 4:02 PM

R100 it wasn’t only My Lai

by Anonymousreply 104April 22, 2018 4:04 PM

[quote][R26] every Datalounge thread has an underlying theme of racial resentment; unless the thread is about Whites

I think that’s a blanket statement although it’s definitely true at times. I think everyone has a point at which they just give up trying to be nonjudgmental and just surrrnder to stereotyping. I’m definitely at that point with the Chinese, and it took me a while to get there.

by Anonymousreply 105April 22, 2018 4:05 PM

R104 it wasn’t just Tiananmen Square.

by Anonymousreply 106April 22, 2018 4:06 PM

[quote]It would great to insult the actual people who did this rather than the entire population of the country.

It's a fact of human nature that when an individual commits a terrible act, we like to blame the largest group of people to which that person belongs and to which we don't. In this case, it's China.

by Anonymousreply 107April 22, 2018 4:08 PM

Only in America

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108April 22, 2018 4:12 PM

Only in America

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109April 22, 2018 4:16 PM

R107, I agree but when you have bad experiences 100% of the time with Chinese tourists you reach a tipping point. I know it’s wrong in my mammal brain or whatever you call it, but the reptilian brain says “girl you in danger” when I see one of those herds of Chinese tourists blot out an exhibit in a museum or head for the buffet....

by Anonymousreply 110April 22, 2018 4:19 PM

R109, meet OP.

by Anonymousreply 111April 22, 2018 4:20 PM

Oh and by the way, the Chinese government agrees with me ....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112April 22, 2018 4:22 PM

I live in a building in LA with many Chinese students but they are very rich. They go to a community college nearby and behave very well. I think when any country gets rich too fast, manners don’t keep up. Takes a generation to catch your behavior up to the money you have. I’ve seen the same behavior in India and Pakistan. But I saw nothing but amazing manners in Japan 30 years ago. I did not see this kind of behavior in Africa either. Empathy with animals takes a lot of work. I know there are huge efforts to stop animal cruelty in Karachi in Pakistan. Those poor starving donkeys even have a large zoo to live out their lives naturally once rescued. This is all done by public donations. Last time I was in Karachi, I got to cuddle with a German Shepard pup at an animal show. Who knows, he seemed really sleepy and we wondered if he was drugged. But he was alive at least. I don’t doubt there is illegal animal trafficking in these Eastern countries but the younger generation of teens is very socially conscious.

by Anonymousreply 113April 22, 2018 8:30 PM

Where are all those Americans criticising the Chinese society now ?? Huh ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114April 23, 2018 4:31 AM

R114 they are in the Waffle House shooting thread talking about gang violence in Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 115April 23, 2018 4:51 AM

Waffle House-4

Chicago in 2018 so far-131

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116April 23, 2018 5:36 AM

Yes R116 drug related gang violence is absolutely the same thing as innocent people being gunned down while sitting in a restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 117April 23, 2018 6:49 AM

Somebody I know used to work in a zoo and they were telling me they had to constantly supervise Chinese tourists to make sure they didn't do things like this.

by Anonymousreply 118April 24, 2018 5:01 AM

R118 Only Chinese tourists?

by Anonymousreply 119April 24, 2018 2:31 PM

R119, don't look at me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120April 27, 2018 12:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!