Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NY Times book: Clinton camp 'maximized' Trump thinking he'd be easy to beat – Biden fretted Clintons would 'destroy' him

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245April 27, 2018 11:39 PM

In her campaign’s defense, as they stated, she would have done worse against a different opponent.

by Anonymousreply 1April 20, 2018 9:53 PM

Here's a more intelligent article from the New York Times .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 20, 2018 10:00 PM

Robby Mook: "How do we build up Trump"?

Did he come up with "deplorables," too?

by Anonymousreply 3April 20, 2018 10:02 PM

And I agree with R1-- much as I am furious with Hillary (and just saying that will likely get me banned from DL) for her hubris and entitlement that let Trump win, if most of us were there back in 2015, we'd have said "great plan, Hlllary! Trump will be so much easier to beat than a real candidate!" I know I would have.

by Anonymousreply 4April 20, 2018 10:02 PM

The author, Amy Chozick, who has covered Hillary since 2013--and IIRC, whom HRC's DL fans regard as an evil cunt, proves them right with this quote

[quote] Of course, these outside forces wouldn’t have mattered or weighed so heavily on me, on the country, had Hillary Clinton, her campaign and her longtime aides — the same box of broken toys who’d enabled all of her worst instincts since the 1990s — not let the election get so close in the first place. The Russians, after all, didn’t hack into her calendar and delete the Wisconsin rallies.

by Anonymousreply 5April 20, 2018 10:04 PM

No, I thought he had a real chance to win when he was destroying the other Republican candidates in the primaries. People were sick of the Republicans being fed to them and were thrilled to reject them. That was very different from past elections when they would have picked one of them.

by Anonymousreply 6April 20, 2018 10:05 PM

r4,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 20, 2018 10:08 PM

The Sure Jan troll is Sure Active

by Anonymousreply 8April 20, 2018 10:09 PM

HILLARY 2020!

by Anonymousreply 9April 20, 2018 10:09 PM

She was running against a pussy grabbing, lying, adultering, bankrupting racist guy and they Chozick was HER EMAILS, HER EMAILS, HER SPEECHES, HER SPEECHES, THE FOUNDATION, BILL.

Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 10April 20, 2018 10:12 PM

[quote]not let the election get so close in the first place. The Russians, after all, didn’t hack into her calendar and delete the Wisconsin rallies.

So the big fault isn't that the election was rigged, but that the woman didn't campaign in every state just so she could lose to a rigged election. Makes perfect sense.

The sad part is that after all the Trump shit is wide out in the open, and people are in prison, she will still get the lions share of the blame for the loss of the 2016 election. And these dunderheads can't fathom why someone would think all of this Clinton hatred is irrational.

Because Al Gore has gotten the same exact treatment over the 2000 election, right?

by Anonymousreply 11April 20, 2018 10:12 PM

💂 - whoever I want in 2020

by Anonymousreply 12April 20, 2018 10:13 PM

Al Gore and the Dems gave up. They should have fought that and maybe that would have changed a few things...

by Anonymousreply 13April 20, 2018 10:13 PM

George W. Bush was not in the same category as Donald Trump R11

And Al Gore didn't make a list

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 20, 2018 10:14 PM

[Quote] The Sure Jan troll is Sure Active

One time is "active" for you?

by Anonymousreply 15April 20, 2018 10:16 PM

[quote]George W. Bush was not in the same category as Donald Trump

You got that right.

So far there's been no 9/11 under Trump's reign. There's been no Iraq War either.

by Anonymousreply 16April 20, 2018 10:17 PM

The Jan troll is probably the same twit who spammed every pre-election thread with a gif of Hillary and the message "Your next president, get used to it".

by Anonymousreply 17April 20, 2018 10:18 PM

Republican owned media like American Media Inc. helped by dissing Hillary in their publications and giving Trump favorable coverage. AMI even surpressed a scandal about Trump having an affair with a Playboy model.

by Anonymousreply 18April 20, 2018 10:19 PM

Oh, boy, r17. Your imagination is getting the best of you.

by Anonymousreply 19April 20, 2018 10:21 PM

Trump didn't win because Hillary was a bad campaigner. What we all underestimated was just how many deplorables we live amongst, we'd need something a lot bigger than a basket to accommodate them.

by Anonymousreply 20April 20, 2018 10:23 PM

Hillary just has very poor political instincts, at least on a national level.

She’s now had two failed presidential campaigns against opponents with little to no experience who should have been easy to beat.

She basically misread the entire country this time around.

She also proudly rejected the advice of a two-time winner, her husband.

by Anonymousreply 21April 20, 2018 10:29 PM

R21 is right. Bill told her to go to Wisconsin and campaign in the last weeks of the campaign. She preferred to listen to Mook and the millennials running her campaign out of hipster Brooklyn.

by Anonymousreply 22April 20, 2018 10:35 PM

Where is that fag Mook now? She still got a job?

by Anonymousreply 23April 20, 2018 10:43 PM

The Iraq War, R16, that Hillary voted for?!

by Anonymousreply 24April 20, 2018 10:43 PM

I remember waiting in line for a Hillary rally in North Carolina in April 2017 and whooping it up with other Hillary fans that the Republicans might actually nominate a sociopath for president. It seemed reasonable at the time that Trump would never get near 270 electoral votes. But, hey, the Titanic wasn't supposed to be in an ice field. It was sailing to far south.

by Anonymousreply 25April 20, 2018 10:44 PM

If she had called Obama I'm sure he would have backed up Bill's sentiments about going to WI and other states. Those men worked their tales of during their initial campaigns. She spent a lot of days off of the campaign trailed compared to Trump, she worked hard but didn't match Trump's energy.

That man was doing rally after rally after rally filled with dark humor, anecdotes, and a consistent message. Her illnesses also hurt her schedule, but like Mariah Carey, she should have been open about this from the start. She could have parlayed her pneumonia diagnosis into a drive to keep on fighting through her campaign. Turned her weakness into a strength. Instead her campaign's strategy was to give Trump the summer to talk himself into a gaffs; you never want to allow your opponent the opportunity to steer the media.

As much help as Bill might have been his decision to meet with Lorreta Lynch on the tarmac lead to Comey's rogue actions (press conference/emails 11 days before election) and played into the corrupt Clintons narrative. Obama's White House was scandal free until his staff started engaging with the Clinton's, says a lot.

by Anonymousreply 26April 20, 2018 10:52 PM

[quote] I remember waiting in line for a Hillary rally in North Carolina in April 2017 and whooping it up with other Hillary fans that the Republicans might actually nominate a sociopath for president.

Were they reporters and commentators?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 20, 2018 11:04 PM

She gave away her cat, you don't win votes by doing that

by Anonymousreply 28April 20, 2018 11:28 PM

She should've listened to her husband. I know if I were running for office and BILL CLINTON wanted to give me some campaign advice, I would follow every word he said.

by Anonymousreply 29April 20, 2018 11:59 PM

I love in R27’s clip... the smug look on Joy Reid’s face after Mann Coulter says Trump has the best chance of winning.

Seeing that dumb bitch Joy Reid proven wrong by a cunt like Coulter never gets old.

by Anonymousreply 30April 21, 2018 12:04 AM

I do scat movies with ERNA!

by Anonymousreply 31April 21, 2018 12:06 AM

[quote]'I knew it. I knew this would happen to me,' Clinton responded, according to the book. 'They were never going to let me be president.'

I wince whenever I read things like this; it's so unbecoming, and suggestive of the kind of personality that did not ever need to be president. I would like to believe she really didn't say it.

Having said that, though, damn near *anybody* would be better than Trump. something I realized early on in the 2016 voting season. I voted for Hillary, since it was the only sane move, no matter what one thought of her.

by Anonymousreply 32April 21, 2018 12:08 AM

She relied too much on Mook who was a numbers geek - totally missed what needed to be done - she just doesn't (didn't ) have Bill's charisma.

by Anonymousreply 33April 21, 2018 12:58 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 21, 2018 12:59 AM

Once again, it was overconfidence that led to her downfall in the 2016 election. It's the same attitude that led to her defeat in 2008.

Hillary felt that she would simply waltz into the White House just because she's Hillary Clinton.

Even her campaign slogan was all wrong. "I'm With Her!" instead of "She's with Us." A bunch of multi millionaire celebrities lecturing the public in such a populist election year, hosting multiple fundraiser dinners in NY and L.A, and calling half of the country deplorables were all bad mistakes. I think the deplorable comment was even worse than Romney's 49% remark. Trump feels the same way about poor whites, but he traveled to every backwater town till the very end. He made them believe he was with them. He even managed to slice away just enough chauvinist Latino and black males who just wouldn't vote for a woman to vote for him as well.

by Anonymousreply 35April 21, 2018 5:01 AM

[quote]Where is that fag Mook now? She still got a job?

Mook is on CNN now.

by Anonymousreply 36April 21, 2018 8:28 AM

[quote] Even her campaign slogan was all wrong. "I'm With Her!" instead of "She's with Us.

I was thinking the same thing in 2016, what kind of fuck slogan was that? "She's with us" would have made a better slogan, more inclusive and inviting. "I'm With Her" sounded all wrong.

by Anonymousreply 37April 21, 2018 8:45 AM

The thing with Hillary Clinton is that she is blamed for her mistakes more than anybody else would have been in her place.

Everybody loves to forget that the election might very well be not legitimate and that nothing like this has ever happened before. The DNC, just sued the Trump campaign, Russia and wikileaks for interfering with the 2016 election. I doubt they would do this if they didn't know some major damaging stuff on Trump is coming out soon.

People also tend to forget that Hillary won the popular vote and got as many votes as Obama got in 2012. That she clearly won all three debates, that during 80 - 90% of the election she had a lead over Trump and had Comey not interfered she very likely would have won.

Misogyny played a part, otherwise Trump wouldn't have more than 62 million votes. The guy is a chauvinist pig, yet people didn't care.

by Anonymousreply 38April 21, 2018 9:00 AM

[27] No, they were a lesbian couple, not media.

by Anonymousreply 39April 21, 2018 2:10 PM

The problem with Clinton was her baggage, disdain of those beneath her and especially her illness and lack of going to key marginal states.

The whole world saw her collapse after the 9/11 Day. It was run on every station , almost 24/ 7. Look week you are fucked.

by Anonymousreply 40April 21, 2018 2:48 PM

People wanted a woman president, especially Hillary, that they overlooked she was not well liked, even by many democrats. Also, people don't like when someone gives off an air of arrogance and secrecy. Instead of acknowledging she had pneumonia she let a news cycle, many actually, speculate how ill she was and questioning what she was hiding. Adding fuel to the fire was the video of her needing help up stairs and what seems to be her passing out in front of the van. You have her attending fundraisers with multi millions and than a video of her calling people deplorables. The optics were terrible. We all make mistakes, but their handling of the mistakes made things worse.

by Anonymousreply 41April 21, 2018 2:48 PM

There is plenty of blame to go around, not one person is responsible, yet they act as Clinton is. They can't force GOP primaries to vote Trump, the base voted for him; Bush was a terrible choice, as well as the rest, Trump pulled no punches and exploited all there weaknesess.

The GOP is fractured, and in terible shape. Trump is doing MORE damage than a Clinton presidency could(it would have helped it) It's easier to be the party out of power, so you can build up from scratch.

Some Russian troll wants to stir antiDem sentiment to help there party to win. Do not buy into it.

by Anonymousreply 42April 21, 2018 2:51 PM

Over-the-Hill Hillary fangurls will still be whinging in anguish about Hillary the two-time loser after both Hillary and they are long dead.

by Anonymousreply 43April 21, 2018 2:54 PM

Of course the Daily Fail repeats the Deplorables lie. The line was for the Alt-Right and was bang on! The media in this country has always been anti-Clinton and misrepresented that statement.

by Anonymousreply 44April 21, 2018 3:10 PM

James Comey said he was going to indict a Presidential candidate 10 days before an election when she had a 6 point lead! She still won by 3 million votes!

by Anonymousreply 45April 21, 2018 3:14 PM

[quote]In another poor decision, Chelsea Clinton poured French champagne into people's glasses at about 9 pm, hours before her loss, according to Chozick.

Chelsea has said this was a lie, and Chozick apparently didn't even try to contact a single Clinton for fact checking. Nate Silver has pointed out factual errors in the book, and the snippets I've read on Twitter just seem self-serving and snide.

Which I'd expect from an NYT reporter, really. That whole "the Clintons are evil and will destroy us" narrative has been an NYT specialty since Bills tenure.

by Anonymousreply 46April 21, 2018 3:26 PM

The Trumpsters and BernieBros love the "BUT WISCONSIN" thing, despite it being completely irrelevant.

It's just a vehicle for them to say all the sexist shit about HRC that was the real reason they hated her. "BUT WISCONSIN" always turns into "she didn't listen to her husband" or "she was too arrogant" or "she didn't come across as caring enough."

The country doesn't deserve Trump just because HRC didn't go to Wisconsin, you dimwits.

by Anonymousreply 47April 21, 2018 3:31 PM

[quote]She could have parlayed her pneumonia diagnosis into a drive to keep on fighting through her campaign.

Bull fucking shit. If she'd said she had pneumonia and couldn't go to the 9/11 memorial, the press would have eaten her alive. If she'd said she was sick after literal years of alt-right nutbags making up conspiracy theories about her being secretly terminal, the media would have exploded. Trump was pushing those rumors, too, and he wouldn't have shut up about "Contagious Hillary" or some shit.

What you said is so fucking stupid that I'm embarrassed for you.

by Anonymousreply 48April 21, 2018 3:37 PM

I guess it worked, OP: she did beat him. The popular vote hints at that. And when all the Russian tampering is uncovered it will be revealed that Tweety didn't get the votes after all.

by Anonymousreply 49April 21, 2018 3:42 PM

“I’m with her” doesn’t work because it sounds defensive.

by Anonymousreply 50April 21, 2018 3:51 PM

SHE WON THE POPULAR VOTE BY 3 MILLION.

by Anonymousreply 51April 21, 2018 4:06 PM

R43 What does “whinging” mean? Is it a code word deplorable trolls use?

by Anonymousreply 52April 21, 2018 4:08 PM

R51 so what? When I came onto these forums saying that the electoral college is not real democracy in 2016 I was called out by everyone, including liberals. "This is how we do things in America"... well, if that's how you do it then don't get butthurt when someone plays the game the way it's set up.

by Anonymousreply 53April 21, 2018 4:11 PM

Don't pretend to be stupid R52. You know perfectly well what whinging means since you do so much it.

by Anonymousreply 54April 21, 2018 4:11 PM

R52: British version/Queen's English of the American whine

by Anonymousreply 55April 21, 2018 4:14 PM

Those 3 million popular votes came from California, mostly. She couldn't even win Wisconsin, FFS!

by Anonymousreply 56April 21, 2018 4:15 PM

A lot of white women HATED her before 2016. Women who voted for Obama. I saw this and it confused me at the time. Biden would've beaten Trump by a landslide.

by Anonymousreply 57April 21, 2018 4:20 PM

R56: Cut the crap! California is every much a part of the US as Wisconsin. Stop minimizing whole swaths of this country because they don't vote Republican.

by Anonymousreply 58April 21, 2018 4:22 PM

Chelsea looks like Howdy Doody in drag. She may be nice and sweet, but she needs a Hollywood stylist and plastic surgeon.

by Anonymousreply 59April 21, 2018 4:25 PM

r58, his point is that with our electoral system, a candidate is intentionally prevented from winning by running up the score in one big state, be it California or any other.

by Anonymousreply 60April 21, 2018 4:28 PM

[quote]She was running against a pussy grabbing, lying, adultering, bankrupting racist guy

R10 I didnt' realize Hillary was running against Bill in 2016.

This was the problem with Hillary bring up this shit about Trump. It just reminded everyone of the husband she's continued to stand beside for decades for political reasons. Hard to think she's honest about the need to believe these women when she's on record as having had a war room in the White House specifically to destroy the reputations of Bill's victims.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 21, 2018 4:33 PM

HIllary was a fantastic candidate. She’s never lost the popular vote in an election she’s made it to, and she was the most qualified candidate on paper, ever. Her campaign was fine. Of course with ANYTHING, you have the benefit of looking back after it’s over, but she won, and so her campaign was effective. She kicked his ass actually. I see you trolls are toning down the rhetoric a bit so that less savvy readers think you’re just the average Democrat who can “see why she lost.” Smart tactic.

Well trolls, she lost because they tampered with 80 thousand votes in the most strategic of counties in the most strategic of states. Even the state of Wisconsin declared this week that Trump is illegitimate and that votes were messed with. You’re totally right though, it’s because Hillary didn’t suck Wisconsin’s cock enough or because she called people out after a NATIONAL PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION WAS STOLEN FROM HER. The nerve of that woman.

by Anonymousreply 62April 21, 2018 4:38 PM

[quote]Instead of acknowledging she had pneumonia she let a news cycle, many actually, speculate how ill she was and questioning what she was hiding.

Oh, honey. She's been coughing up a lung during public appearances for going on three years now. If she still has "pneumonia" she needs to get her ass to another (better) doctor. Here she is coughing nonstop during a livestream TWO MONTHS AGO!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 21, 2018 4:44 PM

R60: Then he should state the point in that manner. The way it was written is the right-wing trope that California doesn't matter cuz darkies and queers, same with New York cuz of the Joos. It's the whole the coasts and cities aren't real American bullshit that I am so tired of hearing about.

by Anonymousreply 64April 21, 2018 4:58 PM

3 million popular votes is fucking pathetic against Donald Trump. He should've been obliterated in a landslide.

by Anonymousreply 65April 21, 2018 4:59 PM

If you keep looking at it through the eyes of a dem/liberal supporter of Hillary you will never understand why she lost. It doesn't make any difference that we believe she was the most qualified. There was something about her that made some dem and independents not vote for her. It doesn't make any difference what we thing of Trump. It what those people saw in Trump that made them want to vote for him. It pains me to think there are intelligent people that voted for the idiot.

by Anonymousreply 66April 21, 2018 5:00 PM

So it was Mook who developed the "Pied Piper" strategy of elevating Trump? He has to be hating life right now.

by Anonymousreply 67April 21, 2018 5:01 PM

*It's

by Anonymousreply 68April 21, 2018 5:01 PM

Really, r53? I participated in one thread about the EC a couple years ago and there were several of us who said it was ridiculous and outdated.

by Anonymousreply 69April 21, 2018 5:01 PM

Mook like a lot of us didn't know how large the bigot demographic was, or how many white Americans lost their damn minds over a black president.

For the rest of us it was somewhat understandable. For Mook, not so much. That was his job.

by Anonymousreply 70April 21, 2018 5:03 PM

R69 yes really. I wish I could dig up that old thread. Technically you can snag the top job with just over 20% of the total votes. That's obviously the extreme case of winning by 1 vote in each State but it still highlights what a woefully flawed system it is. Based on population alone, CA should have way more than 55 electors. Why should Dee Plorable in flyoverland have up to 4x your voting power? Silly, outdated system.

by Anonymousreply 71April 21, 2018 5:09 PM

That's one of the reasons I don't get why the trolls are still jibbering about Wisconsin -- we just learned that the vote there was rigged for Repugs through the sketchy voter ID laws.

WI also has a large budget for election security, $7M earmarked just a couple days ago in a special meeting specifically about this issue.

Aaand in February we learned WI was hacked by Russians.

HRC probably didn't really lose WI at all.

by Anonymousreply 72April 21, 2018 5:10 PM

[quote] Aaand in February we learned WI was hacked by Russians.

HRC probably didn't really lose WI at all.

You may want to tell Hillary this, R72. Perhaps she will choose to run again in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 73April 21, 2018 5:15 PM

I'm glad the loss of Democracy is such a laugh riot for you, r73.

by Anonymousreply 74April 21, 2018 5:16 PM

[quote]He even managed to slice away just enough chauvinist Latino and black males who just wouldn't vote for a woman to vote for him as well.

When will the Democrats learn that you can't proudly assert that voters with vaginas are doing something "enlightened" by voting for the candidate with a vagina, but penised voters must necessarily be bigots and chauvinists to vote for the candidate with a penis.

If it is wrong for men to vote for a man because he is male, then it is equally wrong to vote for a woman merely for her gender.

by Anonymousreply 75April 21, 2018 5:40 PM

[quote]But, hey, the Titanic wasn't supposed to be in an ice field. It was sailing to far south.

An apt metaphor for thew Hillary campaign. She was cruising to victory too fast and too confidently without proper regard for the icebergs that lay dead ahead. She sailed too far south as well, promising more for Mexican immigrants than for working-class citizens in the northern half of the nation.

by Anonymousreply 76April 21, 2018 5:44 PM

What the fuck is so HARD about getting a photo ID?

by Anonymousreply 77April 21, 2018 5:52 PM

Latest WSJ/NBC News poll shows Hillary's likability keeps dropping.

Only 27% of ALL voters (including Democrats, and non-deplorables) now have a positive opinion of her:

[quote] her positive rating is at a new low of 27%, compared with 52% who have a negative opinion. That spread of 25 percentage points is greater than President Trump’s, who is under water by 18 points. [/quote]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 21, 2018 6:02 PM

[quote]Everybody loves to forget that the election might very well be not legitimate and that nothing like this has ever happened before.

We have had several dubious elections. - 1824, 1876, 1916, 1960, and 2000 and 2004 were all not quite on the level. It is high time for those who assert that the 2016 was illegitimate to provide precise states and precise methods as to how the election may have been stolen. You can only cry foul so long before you have to put up or shut up.

by Anonymousreply 79April 21, 2018 6:05 PM

[quote]Aaand in February we learned WI was hacked by Russians.

Hacked into voting machines to change totals? Link please, or I call bullshit. You can't "hack" into a vote tabulating machine that isn't on a computer network.

by Anonymousreply 80April 21, 2018 6:08 PM

[quote]there were several of us who said it was ridiculous and outdated

Of course R69 didn't believe that when Obama (or any other Democrat) wins the electoral vote. It's only "ridiculous" and "outdated" when his side fails to win by the rules. Keep crying, bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81April 21, 2018 6:26 PM

Nothing whatsoever, R77. It might be hard if you're illegal. But otherwise, no, it is not hard in the least. You have to have ID for virtually every civil transaction you complete in US life. The argument that the poor can't afford or don't have access to IDs is made up. Even if we made IDs available for free and delivered to your door, Democrats would oppose them. White Democrats, that is. It's all about the non-citizen vote, plain and simple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82April 21, 2018 6:35 PM

I remember when she first went down on 9-11 the campaign and media wear putting out that she was overheated. They would have never admitted it was an illness if that guy hadn't recorded it on her phone. He's lucky he released it quickly or they might have Sethed him. That's just Hillary in a nutshell. She fucking lies about all this little shit. Over and over and over.

by Anonymousreply 83April 21, 2018 6:49 PM

[quote]Clinton camp 'maximized' Trump thinking he'd be easy to beat

Holy shit, this fucked-up strategy. What a dumb bitch. Can you imagine the horror she'd have caused both domestically and internationally if she had actually won?

by Anonymousreply 84April 21, 2018 6:51 PM

R83 is one of those cretins who posts regular everyday things on DL while sneaking in alt-right crap in comments.

I don't bother with FFs much nowadays, but he got one.

by Anonymousreply 85April 21, 2018 6:54 PM

[quote] she was the most qualified candidate on paper, ever.

But as anyone who has ever had to interview job candidates can attest, the "most qualified candidate" is not always the one you pick. A lot of the time they are a dud in person and someone who looks less promising on paper seems to be an ideal fit for the job once you meet them in person.

And can we put the "most qualified candidate ever" trope to rest R62, because she wasn't even close?

Al Gore was far more "qualified" than Hillary, having served two terms as Vice President, two terms as a Senator, and two terms as a Congressman. He was also an army officer.

But it was George H. Bush who was the most qualified candidate "ever" ... by a country mile.

He'd been a two-term Vice President, Congressman, Ambassador to the UN, Ambassador to China, Head of the RNC, Head of the CIA and a naval officer.

And to my earlier point, he turned out to be a mediocre president despite having actually been the most qualified candidate ever.

by Anonymousreply 86April 21, 2018 7:06 PM

I've said this many times before on DL: Hillary's insistence on becoming president is baffling given how much she hated a key part of the job: campaigning.

She is the accomplished movie producer who insists on making herself the leading lady. And then does it a second time, despite terrible reviews and despite hating being on the other side of the camera.

I've never gotten the feminist angle either: she got to where she was because she was married to a man who was elected president. She did not do it on her own, which makes her very different than Margaret Thatcher or Theresa May or Angela Merkel or even Golda Meir and Geraldine Ferraro, all of whom did it on their own.

by Anonymousreply 87April 21, 2018 7:12 PM

R83 I remember that guy. The Hillary's people "offered" to buy the footage from him but by then he'd already posted it on Twitter and reporters from every news channel (large and obscure) were begging him for the right to air it on their respective shows/websites without having to pay for it.

by Anonymousreply 88April 21, 2018 7:37 PM

I'm beginning to think that it's the other republicans she would have been able to beat. They would most certainly have run a more traditional campaign that didn't bring up a lot of Hillary's baggage. Could you imagine Jeb bringing up Bill's rapes in a debate? Shouting "lock her up"? Calling her crooked Hillary? Criticizing her health? and the coup de gras: "You'd be in jail".

He didn't just drag her in the mud. He pulled her face first and then put his foot on the back of her head. It was just something she couldn't survive. The other candidates would have had none of that.

by Anonymousreply 89April 21, 2018 7:39 PM

R89 Yep. He basically ran his campaign like a typical Democrat. Dirty.

by Anonymousreply 90April 21, 2018 7:47 PM

The fault lies with the voters.

by Anonymousreply 91April 21, 2018 8:00 PM

R82 is a fucking liar.

"Last week, during the federal trial on Wisconsin’s voter-ID law, a former Republican staffer testified that GOP senators were “giddy” about the idea that the state’s 2011 voter-ID law might keep Democrats, particularly minorities in Milwaukee, from voting and help them win at the polls. “They were politically frothing at the mouth,” said the aide, Todd Allbaugh.

A recent voter-ID study by political scientists at the University of California at San Diego analyzed turnout in elections between 2008 and 2012 and found “substantial drops in turnout for minorities under strict voter ID laws.”

“These results suggest that by instituting strict photo ID laws, states could minimize the influence of voters on the left and could dramatically alter the political leaning of the electorate,” the study concluded.

The question of whether photo IDs are difficult to obtain has become central to cases across the country, where government and civil rights lawyers are challenging new state laws.

Three courts have in fact struck down the voter-ID law in Texas, but the state’s governor has not backed down and has promised to keep it in effect in November.

In 2012, a federal court in Washington concluded that the burden of obtaining a state voter-ID certificate would weigh disproportionately on minorities living in poverty, with many having to travel as much as 200 to 250 miles round trip.

“That law will almost certainly have retrogressive effect: it imposes strict, unforgiving burdens on the poor, and racial minorities in Texas are disproportionately likely to live in poverty,” wrote David S. Tatel, a judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, in the panel’s 56-page opinion."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92April 21, 2018 8:09 PM

And AL didn't even try to hide it: after passing a strict voter ID law, the Republicans shut down a bunch of DMV office across the state, restricting when and how people could get the very IDs they needed to vote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93April 21, 2018 8:14 PM

Now R93 wants to link to the Washington Post? The same Washington Post that R93 and his fellow shit stains will deride as "rightwing propaganda" whenever it publishes the rare critical article against an unhinged leftist?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94April 21, 2018 8:39 PM

R94: We graciously accept your admission of defeat in the face of overwhelming facts. As terms of your defeat, you must remain silent in your quarters for the reminder of the week. Any deviation from these terms will result in you receiving the belt.

by Anonymousreply 95April 21, 2018 8:58 PM

[quote] There is plenty of blame to go around, not one person is responsible, yet they act as Clinton is.

Look closely at Truman's desk. Real presidents understand this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96April 21, 2018 8:58 PM

"She's for Me" would have been better and could be read reciprocally.

by Anonymousreply 97April 21, 2018 9:42 PM

Or I'm With the Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 98April 21, 2018 9:46 PM

The fact that she had 85 (!) possible campaign slogans tells you everything you need to know about her campaign's lack of focus.

Of course, as some of her cult will accidentally admit, the public has hated this woman for 30+ years which makes one wonder who thought it would be a wise idea to have her run for president especially after having lost to some half black nobody eight years earlier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99April 21, 2018 10:04 PM

The people who act like the election was "stolen" because of Facebook ads and fake news websites riddled with misspellings are especially sad. Really, the most well funded campaign in history couldn't compete with the clickbait of pimple-faced Moldovan teenagers? She also repeatedly said being President was the hardest job in the world. No one would deny it's challenging, but that seems to be spitting on people who actually labor for a living. Maybe Hillary could swap with a coal miner for a day? I could be wrong, but I never heard President Obama speaking like that.

by Anonymousreply 100April 21, 2018 10:04 PM

And people only started "hating" Trump after he threw his hat in the presidential ring, getting in the way of Hillary and her coronation. Before that, he was loved by many. Here is on Wendy Williams's show. Notice the applause and laughs he gets and how much Wendy is charmed. No surprise that Wendy is also a friend as she discussed with Don Lemon on CNN during the election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101April 21, 2018 10:06 PM

Hillary was like the kid who insisted on being the pitcher or shortstop even though they weren't very good at it because "it's my ball."

If she didn't have this bizarre sense of entitlement (I've always believed it's because she thought she was smarter and more capable than Bill and discounted how much his charisma mattered)--even she didn't have that sense of entitlement, we'd have President Biden right now, or maybe President JEB! but either option would have been preferable to Trum[

by Anonymousreply 102April 21, 2018 10:16 PM

All of the slogans sounded wrong, fake, uninspired, weak "I'm with Her," "Stronger together," "Love Trumps Hate" ugh

by Anonymousreply 103April 21, 2018 10:19 PM

Given her interest and knowledge of policy and her willingness to dive into details, she was best qualified to be appointed head of OMB in the next Democratic administration, not as POTUS. She wouldn't have had to campaign for votes, remained relatively low profile and out of the media glare, and made a difference in everyday lives in small ways by putting through Federal Govt policy changes. That was her skillset but she miscast herself as a Presidential candidate.

by Anonymousreply 104April 21, 2018 10:35 PM

I agree with you one thousand percent R104

Well said!

by Anonymousreply 105April 21, 2018 10:37 PM

She didn’t stand a chance against Russia changing votes to tip the election to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 106April 21, 2018 10:41 PM

[r106] She didn’t stand a chance against Russia changing votes to tip the election to Trump.

Then how do you explain her 27% favorable polling, from R78? People did not, and do not like her.

But please do go on constructing whatever reality you need to survive though (Russia hacked my election!)

by Anonymousreply 107April 21, 2018 10:51 PM

R107 yet she won the popular vote. Russia hacked it. The truth will come out eventually, Trump is a Russian asset.

by Anonymousreply 108April 21, 2018 11:12 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109April 21, 2018 11:17 PM

[quote] And people only started "hating" Trump after he threw his hat in the presidential ring, getting in the way of Hillary

Riiight, and everyone loved his birther shit. Bye Boris!

by Anonymousreply 110April 21, 2018 11:23 PM

The dl was also saying that Trump would be the easiest to beat.

In fact, almost everyone here thought it would be Clinton in a cake walk, but I kept saying that people wanted change.

I remember one poster writing.... why are stupid freepers so convinced that Trump will win?

by Anonymousreply 111April 21, 2018 11:43 PM

Yard signs and rally sizes don't matter. LOL Poor Cecile had it all wrong.

by Anonymousreply 112April 21, 2018 11:51 PM

The “Wisconsin” argument is very valid. Hilary and her campaign were running to win the wrong election. What was the purpose of standing on stages beside celebrities in LA, NY and SF In the weeks leading up to the election? She already had those electoral votes won. For decades, political pundits have said elections are won in FL, PA, OH, MI and WI. Did she listen? No, she’d rather schmooze with JayZ, Beyoncé and Springsteen. She would have been better off winning CA and NY by smaller margins. Why was she even still campaigning at all in those states? To build up the popular vote total? The nationwide popular vote does not get you the presidency.

by Anonymousreply 113April 22, 2018 12:40 AM

[quote]SHE WON THE POPULAR VOTE BY 3 MILLION.

THAT'S NOT THE WAY ELECTIONS ARE WON IN THE US. SHE KNEW THE RULES GOING IN AND COULDN'T GET TO 270. STOP WITH ALL THE "3 MILLION VOTES" CRAP.

by Anonymousreply 114April 22, 2018 12:51 AM

R114 the majority of Voters wanted Hillary. The electoral college is outdated and needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 115April 22, 2018 12:58 AM

When she couldn't come out and face her supporters on election night proved every rotten thing ever said about her. She didn't need them anymore so they meant nothing to her.

by Anonymousreply 116April 22, 2018 12:58 AM

I wouldn’t have conceded on election night either since Trump cheated to win.

by Anonymousreply 117April 22, 2018 1:03 AM

R115

Losers always want to change the rules.

The electoral college is a damn good thing.

It keeps less populated states from being steamrolled.

by Anonymousreply 118April 22, 2018 1:06 AM

We won’t have to put up with our Russian asset President much longer. Benedict Donald s going down and I can’t wait to watch his epic fall.

by Anonymousreply 119April 22, 2018 1:09 AM

R119

Your'e as delusional as you were before the election.

by Anonymousreply 120April 22, 2018 1:11 AM

Yes, yes, we know...

Madam President, get used to it.

LMAO

Even her supporters were entitled

by Anonymousreply 121April 22, 2018 1:13 AM

Sorry for the typo. Should be You're.

by Anonymousreply 122April 22, 2018 1:15 AM

"Madam President, get used to it."

I FUCKING LOVED THAT ONE. As much as I hated her I thought she was going to win too. I love going to some older best of Donald or debate videos and seeing the comments of Hillary supporters. Then commenting on them after the election.

by Anonymousreply 123April 22, 2018 1:16 AM

I love going to some older best of Donald or debate videos and seeing the comments of Hillary supporters.

Yes, the smugness, entitlement, and general hatred was off the charts, even against people actually on their side much less the voters who would decide the election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124April 22, 2018 1:21 AM

The Russian pee pee hookers and Stormy are going to make Trump wish he never grab them by the pussy. Goodbye Trump. History’s worst and most shameful President.

by Anonymousreply 125April 22, 2018 1:22 AM

R118, actually the Senate already does that. The EC is grossly outdated. The imbalance it creates is far more significant now than when it was created, particularly since when it was created only a small section of the population could vote anyway.

But, this is America. We don't give up on anything no matter how outdated, even if it's costly and harmful. So we'll keep the EC, coal, SNL, the penny, a market based insurance system, the 2nd Amendment, imperial units and the drug war because fuck you, that's why.

by Anonymousreply 126April 22, 2018 1:23 AM

R126 Exactly!

by Anonymousreply 127April 22, 2018 1:26 AM

Exactly r113. I said essentially the same thing right after the election and got crucified here. It made her look completely out of touch and elitist, and was a PR disaster.

Also, Lena Dunham should've been bound, gagged and locked in a closet somewhere to prevent her from getting near Hillary's campaign.

by Anonymousreply 128April 22, 2018 1:26 AM

Winning the popular vote doesn't mean so much when only 25% of the population bothered to vote. A lot of people hated both and/or were so sick of the campaign they sat out altogether.

I heard the population of the states that Trump won exceeded the population of the ones Clinton won by tens of millions?

by Anonymousreply 129April 22, 2018 1:28 AM

Yeah, R124, it's not like Trump supporters are smug, entitled or hateful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130April 22, 2018 1:29 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131April 22, 2018 1:29 AM

As much as I hated Trump (and did not vote for him) it was obvious to me that he had a certain asshole-ish charm that plays to a certain demographic, and I hate to admit this but he could be funny. Hillary just came off as a shrill, scolding harpie, as she always has.

by Anonymousreply 132April 22, 2018 1:35 AM

[quote]Hillary just came off as a shrill, scolding harpy

Whoever told her to just be herself should have been fired.

by Anonymousreply 133April 22, 2018 1:39 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134April 22, 2018 1:43 AM

^ Comments like that make it obvious people were responding to the GOP/media version of Hillary rather than the woman herself.

Trump is thin-skinned and demands constant undeserved genuflection. During the campaign he went on SNL and demanded (and got) completely unfunny skits about how awesome he is and how America will be great when he's president. Meanwhile Hillary, who actually has a sense of humor about herself, did this (note the "had pneumonia" tag):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135April 22, 2018 1:45 AM

I learned in second grade about how the swing states of OH, PA, and FL were the keys to winning a presidential election.

You’d think an alleged “genius” like Hillary would be aware of this... but you’d be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 136April 22, 2018 1:45 AM

She was even funnier in this skit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137April 22, 2018 1:49 AM

Russian trolls are getting desperate, The truth is coming out about Trump being in bed with Putin. You all will have to try harder.

by Anonymousreply 138April 22, 2018 1:54 AM

The Electoral College is generally the Democrat's best friend--there are more votes in deep blue states than deep red ones.

If you recall all the chatter on Election Day was that Hillary only needed to swing a couple of purple states, while Trump needed to swing a whole lot of blue ones.

The idiots whining about how we need to abolish it need to remember that would mostly help the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 139April 22, 2018 2:28 AM

Trump would have had a more magnificent victory if it were by popular vote. There are millions of conservatives who don't vote in the larger states like MA, NY, CA, WA, and OR. They no their vote doesn't matter. If it were a popular vote millions of conservatives from those states would have come out and voted for Trump. I don't see where Hillary was going to dig up millions more in states like Kansas and North Dakota.

by Anonymousreply 140April 22, 2018 2:33 AM

why was the thread about her saying she hated people telling her that no one liked her closed?

by Anonymousreply 141April 22, 2018 2:33 AM

Let's not forget that even before the candidate gets to the election, the Democrats have their "superdelegates" come in and decide the candidate. So voting Democratic in a primary is useless.

by Anonymousreply 142April 22, 2018 2:38 AM

[quote] A lot of white women HATED her before 2016. Women who voted for Obama.

Your memory is weak. There were a lot of white women who were for Hillary in 2008 and resented Obama for usurping a candidacy that should have belonged to her. It was Black women who went crazy for Obama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143April 22, 2018 2:55 AM

Bill Clinton was right about Mook, and the campaign. Mook was a typical millennial kid who thought number-crunching, computer data, and tech could replace pure people skills. Bill's an old school politician: he earned his through hand shaking and baby kissing. He traveled everywhere across the country (county fairs, VFW halls, schools) introducing himself and personalizing himself to the listeners. Obama did the same thing. He traveled everywhere and campaigned his ass off.

Can you name one of Hillary Clinton's parents or her hometown/neighborhood ? All she does is recite her resume.

Americans love emotional appeal, not facts. This is where Biden would have really succeeded in though I find him to be a fucking idiot in general.

I sympathize so much with Hillary. She really should be the President.

by Anonymousreply 144April 22, 2018 3:21 AM

I do love how she can't let go though. It makes her loss all the sweeter.

by Anonymousreply 145April 22, 2018 3:25 AM

r142, superdelegates are there to prevent the party from being hijacked.

They did their job in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 146April 22, 2018 4:21 AM

R146, did they really? Polls from as early as 2015 showed that Bernie would have won more of the electorate than Hillary. Hillary even had to seriously campaign in the fucking New York primaries against Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 147April 22, 2018 4:29 AM

Heaven forbid the rabble choose their own candidates. Most of them don't even eat arugula.

by Anonymousreply 148April 22, 2018 4:31 AM

R96

The pentagon papers say otherwise, dude.

by Anonymousreply 149April 22, 2018 4:43 AM

Trump would have won over Bernie. Easily.

by Anonymousreply 150April 22, 2018 4:44 AM

R11 I skpped straight to reply after reading your post. Long after you and I are dead and buried, (or just me, lol), it'll be revealed that you nailed it.

But with all we know now, if Hillary had won despite the Russian//Trump shenanigans, they could still be making life hellish for her and for us, and we might actually be in worse shape than we are know, (as hard as that seems to believe).

by Anonymousreply 151April 22, 2018 4:46 AM

"Instead of acknowledging she had pneumonia she let a news cycle, many actually, speculate how ill she was and questioning what she was hiding."

I keep reading this and similar. I don't understand this argument. So what if Hillary died in office? Then Tim Kaine would have become President. Still better than Donald Trump.

The only time I feel that argument made sense was with John McCain. I strongly supported Obama, but feel we would have survived okay with McCain. But no way with Sarah Fucking Palin! I know many undecideds who went with Obama once she became the VP candidate. But even Palin would have been better than Trump.

by Anonymousreply 152April 22, 2018 5:00 AM

R150, are you kidding? Millennial turnout would have been record high if Bernie won the primaries. You underestimate just how popular Bernie was with the 25 and under set. Bernie is a like a god on most college campuses.

Bernie (an old, socialist Jew) also won the small, rural white vote over Hillary in the primaries. As it turned out, those small, white rural states are the key to winning the Electoral College. Winning the coasts means nothing.

by Anonymousreply 153April 22, 2018 5:00 AM

I wish the Hillary supporters would stop saying "She won the popular vote"! as if that is some legitimate mandate from the people.

We know that she won more votes. She won California. It's about winning more states. Campaigns are run to win the states/Electoral College. This is where her campaign team and math were all wrong. The map was unbelievably red on Election Night. Those hacks running the show from her NY office did not know what they were doing. Dem operatives on the ground were warning them about Trump's popularity in the Midwest and the large crowds. Even Dems in Pennsylvania reported their stories of Trump mania in suburban and rural PA, but these anecdotes were shut down. All warnings were thoroughly ignored.

by Anonymousreply 154April 22, 2018 5:05 AM

If Hillary had won, would we now have the #MeToo Movement? I believe it was a Trump-lash and wouldn't have happened if he hadn't won. Anybody agree?

by Anonymousreply 155April 22, 2018 5:08 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156April 22, 2018 5:09 AM

[quote]The fault lies with the voters.

Agree. More specifically, the overconfidence of voters in a Clinton win and the underestimation of the possibility of a Trump win.

And btw anyone who argues that Biden would've won - and I agree - effectively stipulates that this wasn't about policy or voting history - because there really isn't a whole lot of daylight between HRC and Biden in those respects.

by Anonymousreply 157April 22, 2018 5:16 AM

[quote] She still won by 3 million votes!

Which may not earn her a presidential library, but certainly this is at least as good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158April 22, 2018 5:18 AM

ANY Democrat would have won. But didn't. Why?

BECAUSE THE FUCKING ELECTION WAS FIXED!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 159April 22, 2018 5:19 AM

What is there not to understand R152. People don't like it if they feel someone is hiding something from them.

by Anonymousreply 160April 22, 2018 5:22 AM

Even if shillarynwon WI she would still not be president lol 💩

by Anonymousreply 161April 22, 2018 5:28 AM

R152- I wonder how those undecideds (the ones whom Palin tipped to Obama) voted in this election. Because Trump was just as (if not more) empty and unqualified as Palin, and he was at the top of the ticket.

by Anonymousreply 162April 22, 2018 5:30 AM

ooh r161 you get an extra potato and vodka shot tonight ! LOL

by Anonymousreply 163April 22, 2018 5:38 AM

I always wondered if Democrats were voting for Trump in the primaries. I've heard of a few people in red states who register Republican to vote for candidates they believe a Democrat could beat. Therefore, I assume a lot of that was going on during the last election. Talk about a backfire.

by Anonymousreply 164April 22, 2018 6:46 AM

re: Sanders --he was shockingly popular with white Millennial voters, racking up 80% and higher totals with that cohort. Those sorts of lopsided victories are unheard of outside of places like North Korea and Cuba. That was when I first knew Hillary's campaign was in trouble, because she has so effectively alienated younger voters.

But it's impossible to project how Sanders would have fared against Trump in a general election when the Republicans could have torn into him about his family and finances and socialism and all that. On the one hand, there's the argument that Hillary was the only candidate that could have lost to Trump, that she is so widely disliked that people actually disliked her more than they disliked Trump. But on the other hand, there's what the GOP would have done to discredit Sanders and his own tendency to avoid any sort of compromise--would that have tripped him up? Add in the volatility of the electorate and you're left with a giant question mark.

by Anonymousreply 165April 22, 2018 10:58 AM

[quote]As it turned out, those small, white rural states are the key to winning the Electoral College. Winning the coasts means nothing.

Which is why the EC is in place. We don't want California and New York deciding everything. California's bankrupt and New York tries to copy everything California does. Progressive is fine, but these two states push it farther than it should go.

by Anonymousreply 166April 22, 2018 12:25 PM

[quote]Bill's an old school politician: he earned his through hand shaking and baby kissing. He traveled everywhere across the country (county fairs, VFW halls, schools) introducing himself and personalizing himself to the listeners.

So true, Bill Clinton was the best campaigner of modern times. That man would go anywhere and talk to anyone, and he had excellent people skills and a lot of charisma.

by Anonymousreply 167April 22, 2018 12:34 PM

R153, you are ignoring the fact that Bloomberg was definitely going to jump in and run as an independent had Bernie been the Democratic nominee.

by Anonymousreply 168April 22, 2018 12:41 PM

I just don’t get it. Trump has been in office now 15 months. First you said he was a joke who would never win nomination. Then he would be destroyed as a candidate. We were told on here over and over he would get the worst votes ever, he would be destroyed. Then he became President. Then we were told that he was going to be shortest serving President in the History of America.

We were also told he was going to drag all Gays in cattle trucks , within days, because he was so homophobic. Of course no evidence was needed, he was the reincarnation of Hitler after all.

We were told that the entire Election was rigged by Russians and here we are 15 months later. Nothing. Nothing substantial anyway.

All we have are the same people yelling that the Election was rigged. That everyone was stupid or Nazis or bigots or Deplorables. This last word used by Datalounge as a badge of honour tells us everything we need to know about your chances of winning the next election.

You are proud to use a term that potentially cost Hillary the Election. You are proud to look down on half the Country , who are less educated and poorer than you. You love being the Elites. Tell me then your plan to get these peasants to vote for your candidate? Is it bullying? Is it shutting down conversion? You have learnt nothing from the defeat of Clinton. Nothing at all.

by Anonymousreply 169April 22, 2018 1:09 PM

It is very hard for ANY Republican to win the EC, with such massive states as CA and NY baked in to the Democratic pie. She lost that contest massively. It wasn't even close. 30 out of 50 states went Rep. The bottom line is that she should have never been allowed to run., but money (and connections) talk. The arrogance of the DNC in putting her up as candidate without giving any other Dems a chance is why they lost. Not Russians, not racism, not Comey, not voting machine fraud, none of that other nonsense that Dems cling to like a toddler to its bink. No, it was the candidate. Full stop, as you like to say. The most hated woman in America.

And dear R51 - First, there's no such thing as the "popular vote". Second - with that as given, she won a contest no one else was in. What's your point? You can't compare football to baseball. A home run does not equal a touchdown. It takes different players, strategies, and talents that are specialized to the game at hand. So she won the popular vote - that's no surprise, it was concentrated in CA and NY. She never even campaigned in those states (other than fundraisers), and neither did her opponent. Everyone knows how they'll vote. ANY time a Rep. wins the EC, it is going to be highly likely they will simultaneously lose the "popular vote".

by Anonymousreply 170April 22, 2018 1:15 PM

I don't know of any state where he would have met the requirement to be on the ballot R168.

by Anonymousreply 171April 22, 2018 1:17 PM

Why do we have the stupidest trolls?

R166, California is not bankrupt--it WAS bankrupt when it was run by the GOP. Under the Dems it's now the 6th largest economy in the world.

R170, in the past 2 decades, 2 Republicans have won the EC without winning the popular vote. So it's not "hard" for them to win. In fact, as designed it benefits them greatly.

Update the talking points, Putin!

by Anonymousreply 172April 22, 2018 1:21 PM

R172 You need to read R170's last sentence.

by Anonymousreply 173April 22, 2018 1:24 PM

[quote]California is not bankrupt

They're sliding into the bankruptcy pit. Have you checked out Assembly Constitutional Amendment 22? Two numbnuts want to put a 10% surcharge on California companies with net earnings over $1 million. Talk about a job killer law. Liberals can't stand it when people are given control of their own money.

by Anonymousreply 174April 22, 2018 1:28 PM

You're right R173, I forgot to mention that's not accurate either. In the last 15 presidential elections, a Republican won 9 times, 7 with the popular vote.

R174, if that's your standard, the GOP (including now Trump) has driven both the federal government and a slew of state governments into the bankruptcy pit (not just "sliding"). CA is light years ahead of Randian nightmare come to life Kansas. I realize trolls aren't good at basic logic, but moving the goalposts is always your biggest giveaway.

by Anonymousreply 175April 22, 2018 1:34 PM

It is very apparent that some Datalounge guests believe only a man can do a man's job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176April 22, 2018 2:26 PM

[quote] In fact, as designed it benefits them greatly.

If by "them" you were referring to the Democratic party, then you are correct R172

There are far more votes in those deep blue states than in the deep red ones and the shift will be even more pronounced in 2020 and 2024 as states like Texas shift from deep red to light red

As has been mentioned here numerous times, on Election Night, all the pundits were saying that once Florida went for Hillary, the election would be over, since she had blue states like PA, MI and WI all sewed up.

That's why the DNC has not tried to do away with the EC, despite 2000 and 2016,.

by Anonymousreply 177April 22, 2018 2:29 PM

The electoral college will never be done away with. It would take a constitutional amendment to do that. Besides CA and NY tell me what states would vote to do away with it. North and South Dakota? Maybe Kansas and Nebraska?

by Anonymousreply 178April 22, 2018 2:31 PM

Texas moving from "deep red" to "light red" is almost meaningless in an EC system, where TX like most states is winner take all. Especially where the GOP uses the census, gerrymandering and voter suppression to tamp down what would be an increasing blue vote anyway.

And PA, MI and WI are not blue states, they are swing states. They were only presumed to go blue in 2016 based on the polling. The current set of swing states are enough EV votes to decide the election. So what's left of the current Democrats and Republican "safe" states means that Democratic votes overall weigh less.

Now, that wasn't always the case. Until the 90s, CA would go reliably Republican. It's not a coincidence that GOP voter suppression efforts were revived in the 2000s once it was clear CA was gone for good (in our lifetimes).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179April 22, 2018 3:07 PM

We need to go away with winner take all. The EC should be proportional.

by Anonymousreply 180April 22, 2018 3:13 PM

^ That's one realistic reform, as opposed to getting rid of it completely which is ideal but never happening.

by Anonymousreply 181April 22, 2018 3:14 PM

All she needed to do was win Ohio and the rest of the Midwest to win. I still don't know why she didn't campaign there. In fact, the campaign headquarters should have been in Cleveland, not Brooklyn. They were in their liberal NYC bubble, and did not have their ear properly tuned to the country.

Trump was going around making the economy and bringing the factory jobs back the trademark of his campaign. That message (no matter how false) is like catnip to Midwest/ Rust Belt voters.

by Anonymousreply 182April 22, 2018 11:56 PM

She couldn't do a Trump or Bill style campaign because her health wouldn't allow it.

by Anonymousreply 183April 23, 2018 12:29 AM

Now R183, how many times did the media tell us that Clinton was perfectly healthy?

Why Kimmel even proved she could open a pickle jar.

*snark

by Anonymousreply 184April 23, 2018 12:37 AM

R182, actually, she did campaign in Ohio and lost the state by over 8%. If we are going to come up with a strategy in hindsight, she should not have campaigned/spent resources in NC or AZ. She, of course, should have campaigned in MI and WI and spent more time in rural PA.

by Anonymousreply 185April 23, 2018 12:37 AM

What R179?!

Pennsylvannia, Michigan, and Wisconsin are definitely blue states.

I don't feel like looking it up.... but it's been about 25 to 30 years since a Republican won those states in a Presidential election.

by Anonymousreply 186April 23, 2018 12:41 AM

Even Michael Dukakis won Wisconsin...

by Anonymousreply 187April 23, 2018 1:00 AM

They are swing states. Consistently low margins of victory with polling leading up to elections that indicate a real contest. Also a mix of D and R governors, reps and senators.

They are not solid blue states at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188April 23, 2018 1:24 AM

You're full of shit, R188.

by Anonymousreply 189April 23, 2018 1:28 AM

Is there anything rabid Clinton supporters won't lie about?

by Anonymousreply 190April 23, 2018 1:30 AM

PA, MI, and WI are absolutely swing states.

I can’t believe anyone is even doubting that.

Then again, Hillary’s campaign apparently didn’t understand this either.

by Anonymousreply 191April 23, 2018 1:36 AM

And you're ignorant R188.

by Anonymousreply 192April 23, 2018 1:37 AM

^Gah, R189!

by Anonymousreply 193April 23, 2018 1:37 AM

Ever notice how the hardcore Hillary supporters are just about the nastiest people in the world? I wonder why that is.

by Anonymousreply 194April 23, 2018 1:39 AM

R194... that’s why they liked the old hag so much, she’s just like them.

by Anonymousreply 195April 23, 2018 1:42 AM

Yes, it's the Hillary supporters who can't play nice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196April 23, 2018 1:46 AM

All the campaigning in the world won’t help you when your opponent colludes with a foreign power to cheat. Russia changed just enough votes for Trump to win,

by Anonymousreply 197April 23, 2018 3:08 AM

[R197] Russia changed just enough votes for Trump to win,

Honey, the old rag can't even walk up and down stairs. Why do you think America believed she could hold office?

by Anonymousreply 198April 23, 2018 3:41 AM

How long are smottoblliH going to hold onto the Russian shit?

by Anonymousreply 199April 23, 2018 3:50 AM

In the 2016 election voters had a choice between two total fucking cunts, and they decided to take a chance on the cunt they hadn't tried before.

by Anonymousreply 200April 23, 2018 3:51 AM

[quote] Aaand in February we learned WI was hacked by Russians.

Still waiting for that evidence, R72.

by Anonymousreply 201April 23, 2018 4:11 AM

R191, Indeed, they are swing states. The Midwest was home to the Reagan Democrats. Any seasoned politico worth his or her salt knows the Rust Belt is comprised of swing states but Hillary left her operations to mostly 20 and 30-something millennials who probably were very young or not even alive when the 1980 election occurred.

by Anonymousreply 202April 23, 2018 4:28 AM

So many Russian bots to block. This is fun!!

by Anonymousreply 203April 23, 2018 4:32 AM

r199 had a little problem translating Russian to English in Google translate. LOL .

by Anonymousreply 204April 23, 2018 4:52 AM

R199 writing backwards probably isn't the best way to troll. Ask your supervisor and they might explain it to you.

by Anonymousreply 205April 23, 2018 4:55 AM

What on earth will the media and pundits do when they don't have Hillary Clinton to kick around anymore? When no one is interested in buying their endless books on her?

Fuck them. She done, it's over, and no one is interested in cunts like this woman giving us HER opinion on the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 206April 23, 2018 4:58 AM

I don't doubt this at all.

by Anonymousreply 207April 23, 2018 4:58 AM

You're not too obvious R206.

by Anonymousreply 208April 23, 2018 5:00 AM

Hillary won't go away quietly. She has nothing to lose at this point. Everyone already hates her.

I suspect a Chelsea Clinton 2020 run is in the making.

by Anonymousreply 209April 23, 2018 5:00 AM

[quote] I suspect a Chelsea Clinton 2020 run is in the making.

Campaign motto 𝙉𝙤𝙩 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙖𝙘𝙚.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210April 23, 2018 5:11 AM

None of this is new info. It comes from the hacked DNC emails 2 years ago.

What a great way to blame Clinton for trump. It's not the Republicans for nominating him Not the morons who voted for him. Not the reporters who held trump to a lower standard. Not McConnell who failed to act on Russian info. Not Ryan who knew trump was on Russia's payroll. Not the morons who voted Bernie. Not Adelson who bankrolled trump.

by Anonymousreply 211April 23, 2018 5:48 AM

[quote] None of this is new info. It comes from the hacked DNC emails 2 years ago.

Yes it has been known. Proof of collusion between the Hillary campaign and the media to manipulate the Republican primaries to Hillary's advantage. "𝘞𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘗𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘗𝘪𝘱𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴 𝘴𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘭𝘺."

An honest press would examine who was "told" and how they responded. The dead silence for two years shows they never will. The Russia bullshit is their cover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212April 23, 2018 6:14 AM

I was lecturing to a student about Robby Mook and I found myself automatically making a fist. I ache to kick the shit out of that arrogant shitweasel. I blame him completely and Huma completely, but I hate Robby more. I hope he gets run over by a Mack truck. That despicable little turd.

by Anonymousreply 213April 23, 2018 6:19 AM

It's incredible that someone who was handed a Senate seat and then for no reason at all made Secretary of State, and then had the path to a nomination bulldozed for her and then got the exact opponent she pushed for...still blames anyone, anything and everything else for having lost.

The only person I can imagine continuing to talk on and on about having lost an election is, ironically, Trump.

by Anonymousreply 214April 23, 2018 6:21 AM

^ only OTHER person

by Anonymousreply 215April 23, 2018 6:22 AM

[quote] The only (other) person I can imagine continuing to talk on and on about having lost an election is, ironically, Trump.

That was precisely the scenario Hillary and Obama laid out before the election, expecting Trump would whine and have tantrums when he lost the election. Per Hillary refusal to accept the election results is a danger to democracy. Obama made similar statements insisting the election would be fair and must be accepted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216April 23, 2018 6:30 AM

I find that my focus on this story linked by the OP, is different than most of the posters on this thread.

This story seems to reinforces other stories, some that came out during the 2016 campaign, that the Clintons encouraged Donald Trump to run.

In my opinion, for anyone to have deliberately encouraged the candidacy of someone so unqualified and unsound for the sole purpose of ensuring their own attainment of the Oval Office is IMMORAL and WRONG. The Clintons knew full well what Donald Trump was and to use their influence to encourage him to run reveals their venality and self serving ambition. To play any part in putting such a person in the way of even the slightest of possibility getting the nomination, much less winning the election, exposes those who do this as people who are willing to risk the very future of our country in the service of their own ambition.

To then also be a part of the "Pied Piper Strategy" wherein they "got" their toadies in the media to give Trump more media focus deliberately to wound the candidacy of other possible, respectable candidates, only reinforces the ugly actions of those shameful people.

Right now, those actions seem to be viewed with wry amusement as simply choices that didn't work out as planned.

I don't think I am the only person, however, who views those actions as much more sinister and worthy of serious condemnation.

Every citizen of this country should want only the best, most qualified candidates to be presented as choices to the voters. Not just of their own party, but of both parties.

To discover this kind of ugly, self serving manipulation in pursuit of their own goals should be exposed and reviled.

by Anonymousreply 217April 23, 2018 6:54 AM

I agree, and very well said, R217.

by Anonymousreply 218April 23, 2018 6:57 AM

It's not called The Clinton Machine for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 219April 23, 2018 7:06 AM

Right. I want to make sure I understand. Clinton was a crappy candidate. This is why she lost. The 23 indictments and over 100 criminal charges regarding Russian interference are fake.

Good job little Boris lovers.

by Anonymousreply 220April 23, 2018 7:15 AM

I feel pretty!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221April 23, 2018 7:26 PM

Hillary was a victim of the Peter Principle. For the sake of her historical legacy, she’s probably better off that she didn’t advance any further.

by Anonymousreply 222April 23, 2018 7:34 PM

Very true R198.

Despite what the media said, people knew she wasn't well.

by Anonymousreply 223April 23, 2018 8:04 PM

It's quite a quagmire, huh? Hillary campaign aids and abets media to cover Trump 24/7 over other serious candidates. Trump and his forceful, brash, unapologetic personality get so overexposed in the news media that the public actually starts to like and identify with him. The clown won over the crown. He didn't need any million dollar commercial or ad. He got billions of dollars in free ad time from CNN and MSNBC covering his rallies in full, playing his stump speeches ad nauseum, and even taking his phone calls where he called into the cable news shows to speak off the cuff about his latest controversy. He was able to plea his case on a daily basis. Joe and Mika were his favorites, as he put it. Trump himself was surprised that he won. His plan was never to be President, but to start a media company to rival Rupert Murdoch which is why FOX News' coverage of Trump was far more tame and unenthusiastic compared to left-leaning CNN and MSNBC. They couldn't stop creaming themselves over Trump.

by Anonymousreply 224April 24, 2018 4:30 AM

There was no other viable candidate than Hillary in 2016. Joe Biden had stuck his foot in his mouth too many times to have made a go of it then, and the less said about deplorable Bernie, the better.

by Anonymousreply 225April 24, 2018 4:36 AM

[quote] There was no other viable candidate than Hillary in 2016.

You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 226April 24, 2018 4:40 AM

[quote] There was no other viable candidate than Hillary in 2016.

Funny how that worked.

Could it be because, enraged by what the Clintons saw as betrayal in 2008 by Democrats who supported Obama instead of Hillary, Bill then spent the next 8 years working to prevent the re-election of those people?

Of course, there were no other candidates. They had been removed and the path cleared for Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 227April 24, 2018 5:40 AM

The Kennedy and Nixon debates is a good example of perception. Nixon was sweating profusely while Kennedy was cool and calm. Most people probably don't remember what the debates were about, but they sure as hell remember Nixon sweating. When you have a loop playing over and over of Hillary stumbling or fainting you have given the impression she is not well. I don't know if Hillary is unwell, but I do know the media was complacent in giving the impression she wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 228April 24, 2018 1:22 PM

R227, exactly. The first person the Clintons were scared of was Julian Castro. He made the keynote 2012 DNC speech just like Barack in 2004. A young, charismatic, Latino Democrat on the rise was the first threat the Clintons saw.

He was given a cushy HUD job by the Obama administration to shut out any 2016 presidential ambitions.

by Anonymousreply 229April 24, 2018 9:28 PM

Why doesn't she have the decency to wander in the woods and just die?

by Anonymousreply 230April 24, 2018 10:47 PM

She’s a career criminal who was under FBI investigation for nearly her entire campaign.

by Anonymousreply 231April 25, 2018 3:29 AM

That's so ridiculous, r231. I can't believe you actually believe something that stupid.

by Anonymousreply 232April 25, 2018 4:00 AM

R232, Donna Brazile hinted at that.

Everyone knew Julian Castro getting the HUD gig by the Obama admin. was an assist/favor to Hillary.

Only Hillary can have the whole path cleared for her, get lucky enough to face a propped up joke with diarrhea of the mouth for an opponent, and STILL lose.

by Anonymousreply 233April 25, 2018 1:40 PM

Ridiculous? She was under FBI investigation through most of her campaign. She was under FBI investigation for her entire campaign.

by Anonymousreply 234April 25, 2018 1:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235April 25, 2018 9:37 PM

I realized when Hillary was running against Obama and Bill kept fucking up, he is trying hard to sabotage her. IT might be unconscious, but he can't stand the idea of his wife matching or outdoing his accomplishments.

by Anonymousreply 236April 25, 2018 10:22 PM

Oh who gives a damn about 2016 or Hillary.

Put a fork in it, already.

by Anonymousreply 237April 25, 2018 10:25 PM

Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 238April 25, 2018 10:25 PM

Oh, keep it open, r238.

by Anonymousreply 239April 26, 2018 5:45 PM

[quote]Oh who gives a damn about 2016 or Hillary.

The DNC does apparently. Their latest lawsuit is making them a laughingstock too.

by Anonymousreply 240April 27, 2018 5:48 PM

WASHINGTON—Demanding greater accountability for the race’s outcome, the Democratic National Committee reportedly filed a multimillion-dollar lawsuit Friday alleging that the nation should never, ever stop focusing on the 2016 presidential election.

“Our lawsuit lays out, in no uncertain terms, that the nation should never under any circumstances move on from the 2016 election results,” said DNC chairman Tom Perez, adding that the 66-page lawsuit filed in a New York federal court asserts that the American people must remain solely preoccupied with every little goddamn detail from the 2016 presidential race.

“We’re calling on WikiLeaks, Russia, and Trump campaign officials to join the Democratic Party in our efforts to spend the next several years prioritizing endless fucking discussions about potential election interference and what that means for democracy. We believe there was a deliberate effort to throw the race to Donald Trump, and that the American people have a right to publicly re-litigate Hillary Clinton’s defeat and promote far-reaching conspiracy theories instead of concentrating on anything remotely politically constructive for the next few decades at least.”

At press time, DNC officials were calling for an emergency legal injunction to block the nation from learning absolutely anything from the 2016 election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241April 27, 2018 5:53 PM

Fuck the Dems.

by Anonymousreply 242April 27, 2018 8:44 PM

I voted for her. But then, I would've voted for Satan himself over Trump.

The people who drool over her, the basic gays who think she's their fucking diva/Evita, are so common. So middlebrow. Open your eyes. Think for once. She sucks. Not because she's a women, either. Because she's nothing more than a standard issue, sleazy politician. She cares about nothing. Her husband at least had some political talent.

I actually had one gay friend (for the record, I'm gay) say, after she lost "She will keep the light of hope burning" Can you IMAGINE such horseshit? I will never ever understand the people taken in by her.

To be clear, Trump is a thousand times worse, and I voted for her, and I told people to vote for her.

by Anonymousreply 243April 27, 2018 9:05 PM

She says she's taking wife off of her Twitter profile.

by Anonymousreply 244April 27, 2018 11:34 PM

What r43 said. The diva worship by basic gays is beyond embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 245April 27, 2018 11:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!