Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

SAM HEUGHAN, CLOSETED GAY ACTOR, LEAD IN "OUTLANDER" (HIDDLESWIFT 2.0)--PART 31

For the newbies. He's almost 38, never married, no legit girlfriends though his PR team is pathetically pretending otherwise in SM. He pings to high heaven.The bios that stated he was gay, have been scrubbed. Last year, Heughan and his rumored bf -Luke Neal- spent over a month travelling together around the world. Sam also brought Luke to the Outlander premiere and several private parties. . After this trip, the gay rumors about Sam were everywhere and Luke -an actor and writer- deleted ALL his SM. People who met Heughan at the British theatre, say that Sam was openly gay before the STARZ contract:

[quote]"Knew him in the theatre scene back in the day. Nice guy. And openly gay then."

[quote]"Oh darling, of course I’m an old gossip. Have you never met a theatre queen before? Everyone in the biz knows he’s gay, which is not a big deal here. But it is in the US and in the movie industry, so I don’t think anyone was shocked or upset that he’s decided to closet. He's Luke Evans 2.0"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600May 7, 2018 9:23 PM

For the newbies . Sources confirming that Sam is gay.

Our darling, Lady Goodman, whose cousin actually met Sam at the Real Conservatoire of Scotland, confirms that Sam is gay:

[quote]"I started watching Outlander last year and commented on Facebook how much I enjoyed it. My cousin private messaged me and was like "I went to RCS with Heughan,remember?" , I didn't because my cousin isn't in the acting/directing game anymore and is now working as a "civilian", so I'd completely forgotten he went to the Conservatoire as its now called. I commented that I thought he was lovely and he'd have to intro me when I was next in Scotland (I was saying this jokingly,I'm married.) and he replied "Sorry to burst your bubble, gorgeous as you are, I don't think you've got what he's looking for if you know what I mean..."

[quote]"And he was like "He's gay. I don't know why this is a thing. I'm sure he's photographed with women, I've seen him around home with women. He is gay. He just is. Didnt know he was saying otherwise. Weird to try and hide it now. Bit of a risk this late in the game."

by Anonymousreply 1April 20, 2018 5:11 AM

Lady Goodman wrote:

[quote]"I don't have a lot to add that hasn't been said,but all I know is this - The person who told me that Sam is gay, has no skin in the game. He's not bitter, he liked Sam when he knew him and he's no longer in the entertainment industry so there's no reason for him to lie or be malicious. He didn't even realise it was a big deal and honestly, we both didn't think Outlander was that big at home (Scotland), he's never even seen it beyond a few minutes and he didn't see it as outting him, he thought he was out."

by Anonymousreply 2April 20, 2018 5:12 AM

Where is Lady Goodman? We haven’t. heard from her lately- miss her!

by Anonymousreply 3April 20, 2018 5:15 AM

[quote]" Ages ago, I mentioned here that Sam and one other man consistently shared a mutual address for 10+ years (they had multiple roommates, as other people's names came and went, but theirs were constant from place to place). On this man's Facebook page, you can find posts about him being in Thailand a few years ago, and it doesn't appear he was alone or that it was his first trip. This same man looks almost exactly like the man pictured with Sam at the bar that was posted on a Brazilian Twitter page (green lights, otherwise very dark, Sam and a man sitting next to each other). I'd drop the "almost," except lighting and camera angles make a positive ID tricky. The timeframe would be just about right. This same man used to post very regularly on Sam's original Twitter account, then went almost completely silent after Sam started to gain some fame. I believe he was a long-time love."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 20, 2018 5:16 AM

R3

Sam and Angus?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 20, 2018 5:18 AM

People who has met Sam's ex boyfriends......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 20, 2018 5:20 AM

More sources about Sam being gay, from the previous threads:

[quote]"I’ve known he’s gay since right after he was cast. Many UK fans I befriended early know it and shared that information. They have family and friends who work on Outlander. Others knew of Sam beforehand. Even though crew/production/cast sign NDAs they do share gossip with people they are close too who wont talk openly. Back then everything was more accessible but once the show premiered. and was a huge success, the UK fans all shut up. It’s like a protective shield around Sam to help him keep it a secret. But the truth is out there. More recently, I found out that the brother of my fiance best friend hooked up with Sam in drama school. It was in the context of a casual discussion when both the brother and my guy were both in a Barbour store together. The brother mentioned it in passing after seeing Sam in the window and my guy told me because he knows I’m a fan of the show. It’s NBD in Scotland or the rest of the UK. It’s an open secret scenario."

by Anonymousreply 7April 20, 2018 5:21 AM

Another source from Edingburgh:

[quote]"Straight woman lurker here and I'm actually embarrassed by the "he's gotta be straight" troll. He's not straight. My friend is from Edinburgh. His folks live in the same neighborhood as Sam's. Not exactly a secret and here's the amazing thing, nobody there gives a shit. Sam's a nice guy, so is his family. Its only the fans in the US that seem to lose their shit about an actor's personal life. For me, Sam's a cute pup but give me some Graham McTavish any day!"

by Anonymousreply 8April 20, 2018 5:22 AM

A PR insider:

[quote]"I've found DL and this thread when looking for "Sam Heughan gay" probably two years ago. Since that time, i am posting here. I am an Insider for PR, because that is my job for a long time. I have written about who i know and for what a couple of times here. I know, that Sam is gay. I know it because coincidentally i am since 35 years in the LBTG world. To make a long story short: I have met Freddy Mercury in Munich at a gay bar, with his Muse Barbara Valentin. So I know what i am talking about. Sam Heughan being gay is common sense. And no big secret in the community."

by Anonymousreply 9April 20, 2018 5:24 AM

People who have met Sam:

[quote]"In my opinion and what my gay friends say, who met him, he is a very nice adorable guy. As he self stated, he was raised from Hippies. Which have you to think, because he is born 1982, so Hippies time was already done. His father, who left the family, (and who gave him the genetic lottery gens), when he was two years old, was a Steiner school teacher. In the earlier days of OL, Sam gave a lot of interesting, thoughtful intervies not hiding his sexuality. The real Sam, knows what he is, it is a pity, that he choosed the closeting, which he, big points for him, has reduced to the lowest point."

[quote]"He was always gay, for them to read in between the lines. He tried not really to hide it. All his interacting with straight Steven McCree.Posting their banter on SM. Talking about officially of "9 of 10" Steven Crees testicles and dick. Sam is gay and probably a bottom, and 55 years of my life and every day more are telling me, that I am right to spread this here,"

by Anonymousreply 10April 20, 2018 5:25 AM

Sam and his rumored bf Luke Neal before he had to disappear from SM: "We are the least scary leather clad gunmem in the universe!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 20, 2018 5:27 AM

Sam and Luke's close friends' reply to the pic above: "You look like homoerotic german terrorists"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 20, 2018 5:29 AM

When Sam used to take Luke Neal to the parties.

Two couples: Cait and her fiancé Tony McGill; Sam and Luke Neal:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 20, 2018 5:31 AM

Link to the previous thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 20, 2018 5:32 AM

Last posts.

[quote]The Beard and Sam Heughan met and spent maximum 12 hours together in the same room since September 2017.

[quote]Sam liked and RTed Duncan again....

[quote] the SHAMzie Troll is trying to calm down her minions because her adored beard MM, is currently hanging out with this musician in San Diego, Ca...;):

[quote]One more to add to the list of MM's guys during the two last years while -supposedly- she has been Sam's 'girlfriend'.... lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 20, 2018 5:42 AM

As a reply to the last comment of thread 30, I'd like to say I agree, it is strange that both Luke and Duncan deleted their social media pages!!

by Anonymousreply 16April 20, 2018 8:09 AM

Duncan deleted his TW, when the word "Cockmunching" appeared. He took it down the same day. Some say he was hacked. I'm of the opinion that maybe he was in his or someone's cups and posted it....... I also was at a paid event in which the 200 women frazzled him and he had to leave. Mind you, he was supposed to come to each table,( which all the other actor's did), it was very odd behavior. He seemed shy and out of sorts...anyway this is about Sam. Going back in time Sam went to Thailand last year and took Nell (a co star) with him. She posted that she was going last minute. I believe she was his his vacation beard. It's all out there, and you don't even have to look. It just gets posted on TW, just put 2+2 together. He's in it for whatever he can get before it's gone. I would too. We will see what path he chooses, when the glitter fades.

by Anonymousreply 17April 20, 2018 9:11 AM

Sorry...in path, to clarify...HW stay in closet, Back to UK theatre out and proud...hope the latter....

by Anonymousreply 18April 20, 2018 10:49 AM

He was in Thailand in 2015/2016, long time ago. But who beleives that he took some actress to such vacations . Seriously? Its odd. I bet he was with some man.

by Anonymousreply 19April 20, 2018 12:05 PM

R18 you mean Duncan was accused of being a cockmuncher?

by Anonymousreply 20April 20, 2018 12:53 PM

It's interesting that purv talks about what a great love story they gave but he never acknowledges her birthday

by Anonymousreply 21April 20, 2018 2:49 PM

R17 he and Nell did have overlapping trips to Thailand but I don’t think they went together or even saw each other. Arrival times were way different and they were posting from different cities. Sam spent most of his time in the gym. Pretty sure that one was just a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 22April 20, 2018 3:00 PM

To R20...No, he was not accused, he posted it, or someone jacked his account.

by Anonymousreply 23April 20, 2018 4:51 PM

R23 thank you. How strange....still not a reason to permanently delete your account. I mean he's an actor...

by Anonymousreply 24April 20, 2018 5:12 PM

I know it was weird, and his fan group dissolved as well, I think....

by Anonymousreply 25April 20, 2018 5:15 PM

[quote]He was in Thailand in 2015/2016...... I bet he was with some man.

Yep. Sam spent Christmas/NYE 2015/2016 in Thailand, surrounded by half naked men at the Muay Thai gym. I'm sure he was happy, very happy.....;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 20, 2018 6:27 PM

And let's not forget, Sam spent last Christmas in London and Glasgow, with the buggers....;)

And he was at some warm beach for 2018 NYE, FAR AWAY from the beard -who stayed in cold, foggy Seattle, obsessed over NFL player Jimmy Graham.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 20, 2018 6:34 PM

There's your sign... this site is the most truthful about our gorgeous man-child Sam.

by Anonymousreply 28April 20, 2018 6:47 PM

Sam is not a man child. he's a man.

by Anonymousreply 29April 20, 2018 6:50 PM

Related: It’s no secret that Hollywood's representation LGBT+ issues and people is still lacking.

[quote]Straightwashing is the assimilation of someone who is gay, lesbian, bisexual asexual or other to fit heterosexual cultural norms. Put simply, it’s the practice of portraying non-straight people or characters as straight.

[quote]But more than that, staightwashing also perpetuates the idea that films or shows need to be made “straight” to appeal to a wider audience, which is rooted in homophobia. Ciswashing, which is the practice of portraying someone who is non-binary as cisgendered, is also a problem

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 20, 2018 6:51 PM

Thanks rOp for creating out new thread.

Interesting, the brazilian OL fansite SISbrazil has created a veryyy long post about out threads and post here called the "DL theory"or something like that. Sorry on tablet, can't post the link. May be someone else will find it.

More interesting, those guys at SIS invested hours of hours to translate our thoughts and long winded sermons in portuguese.

Meanwhile it is quiet at the Samzie front. The highlight of the week until today was the issue, that Sam RT TB's cheap and questionable charity (probably the best they could find for her last year) and DG also retweeded it. Up to today nothing more happened.

Sometimes, when I am getting really bigheaded, i believe, that the future PR scenario, we are predicting here will not happen. Remember my ideas adressed to Jennifer Allen's Viewpoint company for Sam being in LA for the Emmy panel? Nothing happened. TB was not even posting an innuendo.

Also the usual tabloids, like JJ were silent. No hints placed in the well known Samzie tumblr. All a really dry source in the Moment.

So. Thinking loud about probably possible PR scenario around gay Sam Heughan birthday on Monday, his whereabouts and with whom may him and us prevent from the still expected BS

Ans ideas are welcome.

by Anonymousreply 31April 20, 2018 8:19 PM

I delight in the DL speculation merely because it seems to be calling the PR at their own game.

by Anonymousreply 32April 20, 2018 8:27 PM

r32. May be he has got back his importance highness over his life.

Since September and the pap walk posted later, cause TB contract was finished nothing really significant happened. TB was spotted in Glasgow with him in a taxi line after flying in on a economy class Seat. Attending a kind of BMX multimedia show Sam got free Tickets for.. A questionable attend on Sams ticket or connection at the VF party. Where she allegedly refused to be photographed with him. And the only pics we got from that event of them together were photoshopped.

So. Who is they real supreme commander in this game?

For me, sometimes it looks, that Sam is now in the situation, to live his life like he wants and is not forced Ingo bearding appearances like the two years before. Jennifer Allen really slowed the PR selling of the TB and gay Sam Heughan. Since September 2017 there is no active selling. What we saw behind was already paid stuff and concept, which were used in somekind of a garage sale or bargain basement.

by Anonymousreply 33April 20, 2018 9:42 PM

#sorry. Spellcheck still thinks being more intelligent than me.

by Anonymousreply 34April 20, 2018 9:46 PM

TB is a big seller. It’s not over yet, guaranteed. She’ll be back before we know it. I’m thinking SH’s bday and the marathon in Glasgow. The SHAMZIES think she’s running it with him. Who knows. She just may. Major PR move. Marathons are quite the PR trend with staged romances.

by Anonymousreply 35April 20, 2018 10:45 PM

You have to be in condition to run a marathon. Occasionally jogging around the block in sponsored workout gear doesn't cut it.

by Anonymousreply 36April 20, 2018 10:51 PM

She’s good at running out of money. *bidda boom*

by Anonymousreply 37April 20, 2018 11:01 PM

R35

[quote]Marathons are quite the PR trend with staged romances.

We've already seen that charade with another Jennifer Allen (Sam's publicist) PR production: Henry Cavill and his blonde beard Tara King:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 20, 2018 11:06 PM

r35. Another first time poster here as far I can see your posting history here.

No. And no. No setup for this story. Not TB posting anything about training for a Marathon. As other said, TB is sportive, but a Marathon or a half Marathon is not something you can just take out of your pocket.

Nothing will happen. Sam will may be reach his personal best time. But do not forget, also he got older since his LA Marathon there years ago.

And have a look on his still very skinny legs on the pic posted with the "red Oliver" guy. Sam has really some varicose veins inside his left leg.

by Anonymousreply 39April 20, 2018 11:29 PM

R31 Re:the Emmy panel. In Sam’s interview the next day he said “ Cait and I are together and we work together and things are good”. So a swirl of confusion about who is his”girlfriend “. Just to muddy the waters and keep everyone guessing, very cleve tactic.

by Anonymousreply 40April 20, 2018 11:31 PM

R39 Well that makes sense, he’s obviously done a lot of weight lifting.

by Anonymousreply 41April 20, 2018 11:33 PM

The trashy beard hasn't been allowed anywhere near Sam's charity initiatives. Allen isn't stupid and knows most of Sams followers do not like her at all. Whether they know she's fake or just think she's a thirsty wannabe with no career, they see her trolling to gain at his expense. It would greatly hurt Sams ability to increase or grow his fundraising efforts if TB is anywhere near it or involved in any way. Besides being important to him personally, both charities are a huge tax shelter for him. MPC is his business as well which he draws salary from. The more raised, the more of a write off as well. Sam will keep those areas of his life away from the tarnish of his very unpopular beard.

by Anonymousreply 42April 20, 2018 11:36 PM

R35 [quote] TB is a big seller.

With all due respect, this simply isn’t true. If anything I’d argue the opposite, but lets take a look: There’s a small group who loves her. A small group who hates her. A large group who is pretty much indifferent. And finally a group who finds the relationship as presented very suspicious. The thing is, the latter group is the only that’s growing and the longer this drags on, the more it will grow.

Update: As I was typing this I see that R35 is a first time poster. Ah, then, I see what's up with your comment then.

by Anonymousreply 43April 20, 2018 11:39 PM

R42 This is very true. It would be incredibly stupid to have her appear at or near his charity events.

by Anonymousreply 44April 20, 2018 11:46 PM

r42. At least he has shown some manners within his interaction with her. Because he is somekind of a nice guy. With his looks and manners it looks easy to run thru his life. But his life and upgrowing was special and nay be far away of the mainstream.

I really adore him for his power being addicted, what he really wants.

Lets see, now he will manage it.

by Anonymousreply 45April 21, 2018 12:21 AM

Sam plays both sides of the fandom. He keeps the crazy Shamzies happy with the occasional appearance with the beard and retweeting about her shonky “make white rich people feel better about themselves without actually doing anything” charity (the National Geographic runs a much better and empowering program) which seems to use most of the monies donated for admin and PR. He keeps the SamCait shippers happy by dropping the occasional breadcrumb but usually when he has something to sell or promote. Note to Sam and Jennifer: This vocal group seems to have far more intelligence than the Shamzies and have now worked out what you’re both up to (and most are not buying it or anything OL related - their purses are well and truly closed) which had led to lots of speculation about Sam’s sexuality and the topic of bearding. They know that if Sam was straight, he’d have much better options that a cross-eyed, short-necked, airhead, plagiarising fake blonde D-lister. The OL fan base is dominated by educated and hardworking women. The majority do not like the beard because she uses the hard work of others, particularly Sam, to get ahead. The beard’s SM reveals her to be shallow and narcissistic who seems to flit from one holiday to the next. The OL readers and viewers are seeking escapism from their real lives. Most have figured out that Sam is gay and don’t care. They do however care that the beard has used the fandom for her own benefit without ever having worked a day on set. Jennifer Allen has underestimated the intelligence of the audience in this latest round of bearding that she’s engineered (and badly so as it screams fake a mile off). Many fans were attracted to Sam because he seemed like a person of integrity. The bearding, especially with such an attention seeking leech (could someone please get her a new hairdresser and tell her to stop the pout pose?), has lost him many genuine fans irrespective of what the surface SM numbers and Q scores suggest. Sam needs to stop the ridiculous games.

by Anonymousreply 46April 21, 2018 4:07 AM

Does anyone else think that [R35] is one of Jennifer’s interns? Information like this, including the beard’s name in April 2016 just before she first appeared in Scotland, used to be sent to the main OL bloggers. The Shamzies are still lapping it up while the SamCait shippers don’t believe any of these type of messages and are even sceptical of photos as they can be easily staged. I suppose the only positive comment that I could make about the beard is that she will never be prettier than Sam! He will never be outshone by her and people are going to keep questioning why he’s walking the RC etc with someone who’s clearly bargain basement.

by Anonymousreply 47April 21, 2018 4:20 AM

R47 Interesting thought! The game has certainly changed. It used to be that certain Outlander blogs were given heads up something was coming. Then Sam would conveniently (and only then!) tag his location and then soon after he and the beard would appear in said location as advertised either directly or through convenient innuendo. It seems the scenario has been played out so maybe a new strategy is afoot??

by Anonymousreply 48April 21, 2018 4:37 AM

Clearly, women are not lining up to beard for Heughan, or someone else would have been slotted in by now. He ran through all his women friends and castmates willing to do him a favor. Maybe the search is still on.

by Anonymousreply 49April 21, 2018 5:03 AM

[quote] Clearly, women are not lining up to beard for Heughan

lol

by Anonymousreply 50April 21, 2018 5:16 AM

r46 you’re right. Great post. Sam plays games with the fandom, at the start it worked, but the fandom is jaded now. Wallets are closed and voting fingers don’t press the buttons as often anymore.

by Anonymousreply 51April 21, 2018 7:26 AM

Well said r46. At times Sam has seemed even a bit gleeful in his manipulative games and tweaking, but perhaps he doesn't grasp that it has been going on so long, and is so increasingly and boringly obvious, that it is now just tedious to an increasing number of fans. These fans want to see the focus on the show and its cast, not the sideshows. The besotted shamzies and a few of the diminishing number of extreme SamCait shippers will hang in there no matter how bizarre it all is, but they are small groups, however much noise they make. Come on, Sam. A couple of years ago you said in a tweet defending the vile Shatner that 'I don't do stupid'. Er...well, yes, sometimes you do, and your talent just gets further and further buried in all the homophobic PR rubbish.

by Anonymousreply 52April 21, 2018 11:48 AM

I find it quite ironic that "TB" is being bashed here (especially for her looks). It is like the hooker getting arrested while the John goes free. This is Sam's decision to utilize her services, for what ever desperate reasons he has. She should be ignored, it takes away the power that Sam's fan have given her. Sam's own advise choose to ignore, it works.

by Anonymousreply 53April 21, 2018 1:51 PM

R53 she should be but like mentioned before Sam attracted many fans because of he seemed genuine, truly kind and friendly. So a person like TB makes it hard for people to still believe in Sam's integrity(yet they want to still believe), I think it's a little bit of frustration. Had she been TB of another actor(less popular because of integrity and charities etc.), she probably wouldn't have been bashed this much. I remember Sam defended her once on SM....called it spineless bullying or whatever...I still find that a weird move, happy he now ignores.

by Anonymousreply 54April 21, 2018 2:10 PM

[quote]I find it quite ironic that "TB" is being bashed here

We’ve said this before, and I agree, R53. This is us not a thread about the beard, folks.

by Anonymousreply 55April 21, 2018 2:32 PM

I agree that this thread SHOULDN'T be about TB; but in one package she embodies everything that is bad about the HW closet: the artificiality; the sleaziness; the diminution of the importance of actual acting ability and other talent; and the loss of personal autonomy in many aspects of life. A private man gives up his privacy in favor of a very un-private -- and fake -- life. I would add one thing about TB's appearance: much has been said about how increasingly indifferent, uncomfortable, tired, and even sad Sam looks when he is with TB. I would add that her looks have evolved in a similar direction. Neither of these two people appears to be enjoying this situation; and they both look more and more trapped by it and in it.

by Anonymousreply 56April 21, 2018 3:44 PM

She’s discussed as she’s a large part of the narrative and she’s pushed the online relationship with innuendo and suspect photographs. He tries to keep all sides engaged, samcait shippers with today’s cat tweet, next weekend will be for the Samzies and perhaps he’ll throw in a wee interview with gay times... You can’t please all the people, particularly if it makes you look like you left your honesty and integrity on the side of the road somewhere. The longer this plays, the less genuine it appears to the casual onlooker

by Anonymousreply 57April 21, 2018 3:47 PM

Agree, R53. I'm following this charade because I'm fascinated by a real live case of Hollywood bearding, but I can't stand the jealous misogynistic hate the beard gets. She seems totally inoffensive to me. How is anything she posts on social media any more vain or shallow than the stuff Sam posts?

Also, SamCait shippers are dumb as shit. They don't believe in the relationship because they don't want him to be with anyone who isn't Cait, and call him gay as an insult because they are angry at him for not doing what they want. It isn't because they are tuned into reality.

by Anonymousreply 58April 21, 2018 3:50 PM

R58 That they are. Sam has them wrapped around his finger with one tweet. The guy friend will babysit the cat lolololo

by Anonymousreply 59April 21, 2018 3:54 PM

*gay friend

by Anonymousreply 60April 21, 2018 3:57 PM

Purv and Jess - we know you read that thread. What stupid idiots you are

by Anonymousreply 61April 21, 2018 4:11 PM

lol you would expect the people who stalk his every move to have reached the obvious conclusion that he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 62April 21, 2018 4:43 PM

It's definitely not Sam' decision to utilize her services. If you know anything about Lionsgate, you will know they mustve forced Sam to stop using friends/costars who wouldn't do hard core bearding. Lionsgate had already begun the Starz buy out when they hired Allen for Sam and they/her found Mauzy. Lionsgate pushed the bearding over the top once Sam got the spy movie role in late October 2016. That's why the sudden appearance at BAFTA 2016 of the beard instead of Terry Dresbach who tolf followers she was defintely attending. Then the red carpet "reveal" a few months after that with fake vacation pictures and a GA wedding thrown in. Lionsgate has said from the beginning that they are pining very high hopes on the spy movie and has put huge PR into it for quite awhile now. Article from link ifs Dec 2017 but recent new ones call the spy film, the number 1 most anticipated action comedy this summer. Lionsgate knows Heughan will be the huge draw. All one has to do is look at the movies social media platforms and it's all SHs fans liking or commenting. Clearly he needed to have a girlfriend during this period to push hetero status cause big money is on the line.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 21, 2018 6:15 PM

R63 I don't think Lionsgate count on Sam for that movie. He's nobody in it, the stars are the two chicks. Not good enough reason for the beard.

by Anonymousreply 64April 21, 2018 6:42 PM

for those that think this thread is for you to spew forth your vitriol and hate go find another board to do it on. no one cares about your hateful opinions and it makes you look awful, petty and jealous. it ruins the thread for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 65April 21, 2018 7:04 PM

Don't let Sam off the hook for going into the closet and doing the bearding act. He didn't make Hollywood homophobic, for sure, but he's on board with this because he wants roles in Hollywood, regardless of whoever else is encouraging him to do so. He may indeed be hearing some of this from people at Lionsgate, but the people who really push it are the (often gay themselves) PR people and managers hired by the actors. They have a vested interest in maintaining their roles as the "experts" in navigating Hollywood while gay.

by Anonymousreply 66April 21, 2018 7:08 PM

[quote]He may indeed be hearing some of this from people at Lionsgate, but the people who really push it are the (often gay themselves) PR people and managers hired by the actors. They have a vested interest in maintaining their roles as the "experts" in navigating Hollywood while gay.

This ^

by Anonymousreply 67April 21, 2018 7:21 PM

R66 is correct. The whole cottage industry of PR, flacks, shills, celebrity gossip sites, paid escorts and papz have a vested interest in keeping the HW closet alive and perpetuating the myth that audiences won’t accept gay actors in straight roles. Meanwhile, audiences are changing and it’s becoming a non-issue.

by Anonymousreply 68April 21, 2018 7:29 PM

[quote]I'm following this charade because I'm fascinated by a real live case of Hollywood bearding,

R58, most of us on DL have been following "real live" cases of Hollywood bearding for a lot longer, not because we're 'fascinated' but because this oppressive practice continues to harm LGBT people and needs to end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 21, 2018 8:16 PM

Yeah, well nobody is forcing Heughan into anything, R69. He is a willing participant.

by Anonymousreply 70April 21, 2018 8:34 PM

We've been around on this, R70. The system is oppressive and the actors are also responsible for buying into it. Like another poster said on the earlier bearding thread I linked...

[quote]Bearding is kinda like a drug dealer relationship. Once you start, they own you for life. They key is to never start.

by Anonymousreply 71April 21, 2018 8:39 PM

[quote]lol you would expect the people who stalk his every move to have reached the obvious conclusion that he is gay.

Exactly. They perfectly know that Sam and the beard did NOT spend Christmas and NYE holidays together, that every weekend Sam is staying in Glasgow while the beard is having fun in California, NY.....(see her IG stories).

Sam in Glasgow this evening:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 21, 2018 11:38 PM

PR just slips in “on again off again” into articles here and there and boom, problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 73April 22, 2018 4:38 AM

He's actually babysitting her cat. What a good gay friend thing to do...

by Anonymousreply 74April 22, 2018 9:35 AM

He's manipulating the shippers again. Is he really the kind person people say he is? Cause I'm starting to doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 75April 22, 2018 9:52 AM

No matter what games he's playing, he's gay. That's it. Anything else is BS

by Anonymousreply 76April 22, 2018 10:04 AM

The one picture that the SamCait shippers have hoped for over the past four years is Sam with Eddie on his lap. He’s just delivered in spades. There’s no doubt that Sam’s manipulating each section of the fandom for his own advantage. He’ll cater to the Shamzies next week when the beard show up prancing around (and in a very tacky move, she attemptedto steal Cait’s thunder this London marathon weekend by claiming to have gone on a 26 mile bike ride in tight fitting jeans and no helmet!).

by Anonymousreply 77April 22, 2018 10:09 AM

MM is pathetic fame whore.

by Anonymousreply 78April 22, 2018 11:43 AM

r77. Question for you. Where is Eddie? Two possibilities in my opinion. Sam is staying at Caits place in the guestroom, which has no TV. Or Eddie was delivered to Sams place (looks like an indoor cat, otherwise Balfe couldn't take the cat to the make up trailer on set), and Sam is spending his morning in bed at home. Questionable, no TV in Sams bedroom? In any cases, this place looks comfortable and very female with all this white linnen and curtains. In some way it fits the selfie we saw of Sam in his white fluffy bathrobe, when he had the flue over easter. So where is Eddie? His place or her house?

Anyway, this is either a nice guestroom at her place or a nice and feminin decorated place at his house.

Pass the Popcorn please.

by Anonymousreply 79April 22, 2018 12:58 PM

Agree that the beard is a fame whore. Her IG photos are testiment to that. But what happens when the bearding is over or, as in this case, is of such poor quality because the beard is so bad at it and far less pretty than Heughan? Sadly, Henry Cavill seems to trot out a new one off the Jennifer Allen production every 18 months to 2 years. They all look the same and seem to play the same sort of role as Sam’s current beard. When will this hypocrisy end in HW? The same people who claim to care about equality and LGBTI rights, also demand that actors remain in the closet and beard. Sam and the beard did a pap walk with matching “Equality” t-shirts for goodness sakes. Sam would be far better off walking the red carpet alone rather than continuing to damage his integrity by appearing in public with the beard.

by Anonymousreply 80April 22, 2018 1:24 PM

R79 white sheets like at his own place when he had the flue....I'd say his place....She is in London so maybe she was spending one or two nights there...why would Sam in that case stay at her place this weekend. Doesn't make that much sense to me anyway.

by Anonymousreply 81April 22, 2018 1:25 PM

That place looks very female? LOL where? Becasue of what? White door?

by Anonymousreply 82April 22, 2018 1:32 PM

Sam doesn't have any integrity if he is bearding. He is doing it because he is also a fame whore.

by Anonymousreply 83April 22, 2018 1:38 PM

R78 fuck off, Kim the Psycho.

by Anonymousreply 84April 22, 2018 1:40 PM

I am not Asian, , dear R78

by Anonymousreply 85April 22, 2018 2:04 PM

Not 78, I meant R84

by Anonymousreply 86April 22, 2018 2:18 PM

Chemistry gone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87April 22, 2018 2:33 PM

r86. r85. r82 and r78. Who is the same first time poster on the 31 th part of the thread about gay Sam Heughan.

Just for the record: We, the long time Posters and inhabitants of this our very own thread do not tolerante insults to other Posters.

You are welcome here, If you have significant ideas or thoughts about gay Sam Heughan. Otherwise you are not welcome here and we are not shy calling you out.

by Anonymousreply 88April 22, 2018 2:35 PM

R88 , yes thats me. And I DIDNT insult any poster here. Or maybe you mean mm ?

by Anonymousreply 89April 22, 2018 2:42 PM

So Is Sam trying to please all sides again, Samcaits this weekend, samzies next Sunday at Stirling marathon or over birthday? Go the whole hog Sam and do an interview with gay times and have all the boxes ticked. I’ve said before, he’s media savvy by now, he knows what he’s posting and what the reaction will be within the different groups. It’s this game playing I dislike, he seems to be enjoying the manipulation. If he’s in the acting business for the long haul, fans have memories, most wont care he’s gay, but care will that they’ve been played for what appears to be his own amusement, with caitriona showmance in particular. It’s beginning already, fewer fan votes cast, Amazon dropping price of S3 quickly suggests it’s not selling as predicted, buying likes and followers etc

by Anonymousreply 90April 22, 2018 2:55 PM

Agree wholeheartedly R90! Sam won’t lose fans by being out (again) but he’s already lost fans because of a perceived lack of integrity. Fans do not like being manipulated and Sam (and the beard) seem to get a kick out of screwing with the OL fandom. The photo with Eddie today was strategic and manipulative given how long SamCait shippers have waited for it. It was as lacking in subtlety as his selfie pointing to the map of Georgia (if I was the beard’s sister in law, I would have been pissed at both of them stealing my limelight on such an important day).

by Anonymousreply 91April 22, 2018 3:29 PM

Would you please explain why fans want to see Sam's pic with a cat. WTF

by Anonymousreply 92April 22, 2018 3:44 PM

Eddie and Sam already reported in Just Jared. WTF Phony PR bullshit again. SC shippers love Eddie and think that Sam is his daddy R92

by Anonymousreply 93April 22, 2018 3:59 PM

I think it's a shipper thing, R92. Proof of SamCait twoo wuv. Because what says romance more than a man who loves his wife's cat? .... god those women are nuts and yes the whole scenario is marketing / PR. My bet is on a shamzie sighting next week. Hey, all this nonsense gets them lots of clicks (including from us cynics).

by Anonymousreply 94April 22, 2018 4:02 PM

Thank you R93 and R94 That's extremely fucked up. I agree about the PR thing, expecting the beard next week in Scotland.

by Anonymousreply 95April 22, 2018 4:17 PM

Re a birthday beard sighting, they might take the innuendo route rather than fly her over - where's our resident bearding scriptwriter? In any case, all of it is designed for social media interest and to keep the focus on the illusion of HeteroHeughan.

by Anonymousreply 96April 22, 2018 4:23 PM

Cats don't need full time sitters for a weekend. They can be left alone. He's under a frilly duvet cover. Playing all sides again. Balfe has to be complicit in this too. These two are fucked up individuals.

by Anonymousreply 97April 22, 2018 6:06 PM

r97 r90. The games they play. From pancakes to snow to cats. Tony must be a very tolerant fiancé. Still can’t work out what Sam achieves from this duplicity, he already has a beard. Unlikeable, but a semi functioning beard none the less. It can only be for his ego, the ability to manipulate and actually troll his own fans. Is Balfe complicit, Shippers seem to think it’s her house, who knows, but I wouldn’t have thought so after pushing for the denial interview.

by Anonymousreply 98April 22, 2018 6:15 PM

R98 You’re right this is becoming very fucked up behavior on Sam’s part. Maybe these threads should now be called”how to self-beard on the cheap” !

by Anonymousreply 99April 22, 2018 6:20 PM

The Gay Scotsman’s tips on self- closeting, showmances, fauxmances and using your own social media accounts to do it.

by Anonymousreply 100April 22, 2018 6:29 PM

[quote]He's actually babysitting her cat. What a good gay friend thing to do...

True, they are the real Will & Grace.

[quote] .....and in a very tacky move, the beard attempted to steal Cait’s thunder this London marathon weekend by claiming to have gone on a 26 mile bike ride in tight fitting jeans and no helmet!

That's what I thought too. She's really unlikeable.

[quote]No matter what games he's playing, he's gay. That's it. Anything else is BS.

AMEN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101April 22, 2018 6:30 PM

r96. I am right here. Your resident script writer.

And In the moment, I am a little bit clueless.

There are some days, when I am drunk from hapiness by my own predictions and nothing happens, because I have foreseen, described and predicted the scripts.

To make it clear. I really adore the civil Sam Heughan, his MPC works for me. And my gay friends, who know him, speak the best about him.

So about his birthday on Monday 30rd and his Marathon.

Thin ice, but nothing will happen. Because we have already predicted the whole possible scenario.

In my opinion, Sam is already far away from her since last September. The VF red carpet was just garbain basement selling. Those pics of TB on the RC never saw the daylight. Because TB is irrelevant for the audience. TB is a former child actress and a written out character of a soap.

Sam's PR is reading here. Do not underestimate the power of DL.

So. Probably nothing will happen. She will not be at the UK in Person. May be some stock pics and innuendos.

My predictions and I may be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 102April 22, 2018 6:39 PM

For those who still don't see -or don't want to see- the big rainbow elephant in the room.....xd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103April 22, 2018 6:40 PM

R102 that's what I think too, nothing will happen because there is so much speculation and has been for over the past few months. Thanks for sharing your "script". Probably babysitting CB's cat is what has to make him look more hetero and "together"with CB. Like he said in that Emmy interview.... What a shitshow....

by Anonymousreply 104April 22, 2018 7:12 PM

R99 LOL

by Anonymousreply 105April 22, 2018 7:14 PM

And now he liked MM picture. Yaaaawn..

by Anonymousreply 106April 22, 2018 7:24 PM

He's really trapped himself with all of these sponsorships and with his health business. It means he can't delete his social media and back away from all these crazy fans, they are his customers. And some of these fans go really far in harassing and stalking his family and friends to find out about his personal life. I guess the nest egg for the future will be worth it? Caitriona on the other hand seems to keep the fans at arms length like a sensible person would, she only uses her fan base to promote her charities.

by Anonymousreply 107April 22, 2018 7:27 PM

R107 There's a tiny tiny part of his fans who go beyond the surface which he's selling. And nobody really knows what his personal life is like. The facade is clear, but behind it...who knows.

by Anonymousreply 108April 22, 2018 7:35 PM

[quote]"And now he liked MM picture. Yaaaawn..."

Yep, now and it's time to do some damage control and feed the SHAMzie fraus:

[quote] p-redux: "You’re right! @whylimewhyanything MORE reality checks: Sam just “liked” his REAL girlfriend, Mackenzie’s latest IG pic 👇 REALITY: Sam and Mackenzie are STILL together."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109April 22, 2018 7:43 PM

Hahaha R109. Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 110April 22, 2018 7:52 PM

It's becoming more and more obvious that everything shamzie is fake and staged.

Sam is gay and he is trying to fool all the sides of the fandom. But they'd have to be blind to not see the truth....;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111April 22, 2018 8:09 PM

p-redux: "You’re right! @whylimewhyanything MORE reality checks: Sam just “liked” his REAL girlfriend, Mackenzie’s latest IG pic 👇 REALITY: Sam and Mackenzie are STILL together."

It's so ridiculous that grown women think liking an IG post means MM is Sam's girlfriend and take it of proof that they are STILL together. They have a pretty low bar when it comes to being in love. People in love always find a way to spend time together because they really want to be together. That doesn't happen with the beard. Why are they so invested?

by Anonymousreply 112April 22, 2018 8:17 PM

r111 I think they see, more and more. The irony being, he can fly under the radar, relatively unknown outside US, only letting us know where he is if he wants us to know, so if they’d left the whole thing alone, no ott showmance, no beard and he’d said he likes to keep his private life private, he’d have his integrity and like-ability intact. The games have done him more damage than coming out (again) would ever have done.

by Anonymousreply 113April 22, 2018 8:20 PM

Exactly, why likin a picture has to mean something? Geez

by Anonymousreply 114April 22, 2018 8:21 PM

R113 totally agree with your post; it looks like he’s created a fucked up mess at this point far beyond what was necessary.

by Anonymousreply 115April 22, 2018 8:43 PM

Related: Because Hollywood blockbusters are expensive to make they're more dependent on overseas dollars; hence, LGBT representation suffers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116April 22, 2018 9:15 PM

Now he claims he’s a bachelor??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117April 22, 2018 10:17 PM

Agree with R90. Today was a prime example of Sam manipulating fans. The fact that he does it so often suggests that he does enjoy doing. He's already losing polls that he would have won easily in the past which is a strong indicator that the silent majority are not buying into his games any more. If only he spent more time promoting his acting skills rather than drawing attention to a needy D-lister who’s incapable of writing more that 3 words without resorting to plagiarism or using a thesaurus (she still hasn’t figured that one out properly!)!

by Anonymousreply 118April 22, 2018 10:18 PM

Carrot is the name of Maril’s dog. A bachelor weekend is a party that men organise before getting married. Sam’s not claiming to be a bachelor. He’s just sent the Shamzies into a “wedding watch” frenzy!

by Anonymousreply 119April 22, 2018 10:21 PM

Is there any other fandom that the main star plays his fans like a fiddle? If he says, it the sheeple follow..at the end of the day he's not going to be remembered for his acting skills, but he will be remembered for playing his fans. He's laughing all the way to the bank. I'm losing whatever respect I had for him....

by Anonymousreply 120April 22, 2018 10:32 PM

r119 I just read the post and Maril's, and it's definitely him offering to babysit Carrot and referring to himself and Carrot as bachelors hanging out together for a weekend. Shamzies are nuts if they think this post has anything to do having a bachelor party, but then this fandom is pretty damn nuts.

by Anonymousreply 121April 22, 2018 10:57 PM

Bachelor weekend is not the same as a bachelor party. It's when your SO is away for the weekend and you are left to your own devices.

by Anonymousreply 122April 22, 2018 11:51 PM

If Sam Heughan's SO is supposed to be Mackenzie Mauzy as we are regularly told by the likes of MarieClaire and Just Jared, then Carrot will have many weekends to choose from ;)

by Anonymousreply 123April 22, 2018 11:54 PM

DL has always called these closeted gays 'confirmed bachelors'..............lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124April 23, 2018 12:34 AM

This gorgeous man is really playing the OL fandom

by Anonymousreply 125April 23, 2018 1:00 AM

Just saw the photo of Sam and the cat and gotta say, they sure look friendly (that IS Eddie, who is female, in the photo). Didn't know they were cuddle-official. Not sure what it means, except that the kitty has first-rate gaydar.

by Anonymousreply 126April 23, 2018 1:23 AM

Many have said what a good guy he was, often struggled to meet rent and took on bar work etc to pay the bills when he couldn’t get an acting job for love nor money. He’d long term friends (where is Luke etc). So has fame, fan adoration, sycophants and sudden wealth absolutely changed him? Has living a double life changed him? He’s not the person I thought he was. You don’t fuck with your fans, you don’t have to be totally open with them either, but manipulation and games for personal amusement isn’t the desired image. Truth always comes out eventually and this will be thrown in his face

by Anonymousreply 127April 23, 2018 6:59 AM

R127 I believe that the insane OL fandom took him by surprise. Might be a difference between European and American culture or simply because the Gabaldon cult is quite hardcore and obsessed over the books and the Clair-Jamie relationship. TBH if I were him I wouldn't be happy with the obsessed idiots either. What if he feels that a huge part of his fans are these Gabaldon cult fans.... He is not Jamie, he is Sam. Many of the hardcore fans don't seem to see any difference, which is disturbing in itself. In my opinion he owes no one anything and defitnitely not the Jamie fans or any fans. This is a job, he worked hard to get there, he is not there because of fans. I do agree that he doesn't need to play games with them either but he seems to be recalcitrant. It doesn't seem like he wants this type of management, why would he otherwise be behaving like this? He takes whatever freedom he has left to show that he is not the person that management wants him to be for the audience. He wants the career sure but I feel he will break free of all the crap when he quits OL/when the show ends(hopefully soon).

by Anonymousreply 128April 23, 2018 8:42 AM

No. The Gabaldon fans may have surprised him at the beginning, but he’s 4/5 years in now. Plenty of experience with them and with social media. No excuses, he opened the door, threw a grenade and sat back to watch the drama. Won’t go unnoticed in places that might matter later in the career front. It can be for nothing other than attention seeking stirring up a shitstorm.

by Anonymousreply 129April 23, 2018 9:06 AM

Everything on SM is calculated for the people consumption. By playing all sides he gets to keep his real gay life private. Yes, it's manipulative and perhaps ugly, but that's his way to hide his sexuality. It's disturbing and sad at the same time. Sam said in an interview last summer that everything was controlled. I can't imagine living this way. I still believe he's a nice guy. We hear it all the time - from fans, fellow actors, random people, but he's incredibly coy about his real life. He's kind, but he doesn't share anything. His last honest interview was in 2014 and it was posted in the previous thread. It seems to me he wants his life back, his real gay life, and he might have it when the whole OL shit ends and he turns his back on the beard and Balfe. I think he deserves better than those two.

by Anonymousreply 130April 23, 2018 9:33 AM

He's in too deep now, nothing to do but play it for all it's worth until it's gone. However, the games are immature, if your gonna play it, be better at it.....

by Anonymousreply 131April 23, 2018 10:36 AM

While it can absolutely be argued that he doesn't owe anyone anything, particularly crazy fans, there is someone he does owe something to - himself. He owes it to himself to be professional and above playing SM games with the weirdly needy fan groups.

His increasingly manipulative and tedious behaviour is probably in part sheer frustration : he has not always been treated with respect as co-lead - Ron Moore has sometimes been downright rude to him eg. the recent Emmy panel when Sam expressed the hope that he could have more challenge and scope such as he did in Ep1 S3 - No! said Ron, in front of the whole audience, and Balfe has stood on Sam's shoulders and, while she can be supportive, at times she has kicked him in the face with not so veiled putdowns. To a fine actor like Sam, to be increasingly reduced to sidekick /beefcake and overshadowed must be galling in the extreme, and the concurrent strain of bearding, particularly with such a narcissistic leech, can only be disheartening. He may in frustration think 'OK, you want games, I'll give you games, I'll control something at least', but this can only backfire on him in the eyes of other studios and casting directors further down the track. This stage-experienced, gorgeous, extremely talented, and reportedly very nice gay man needs to add 'mature' to this list. He owes it to himself.

by Anonymousreply 132April 23, 2018 12:16 PM

There’s an ongoing issue between Sam and Ron Moore. He’s diminished Jamie’s role from the book into a supporting character, cheesy lines, all naked body and claire’s puppet. Sam is probably and rightly furious about this, having read the series first I imagine he expected much more strength and depth to work with and got a whole lot less. This hurts his career, leads to lack of nominations for serious acting awards and notice for future work. There won’t be an Emmy nod this year either. I think he and Balfe get on ok, they’ve a joint juvenile sense of the ridiculous. She has the better lines, action, scope and has garnered the nominations. I wonder how she feels about his twitter though, posting photos from her bed is a little boundary overstep, good friends or not.

by Anonymousreply 133April 23, 2018 12:38 PM

I don't believe he's consciously playing, I think he is just revolting, using whatever space he feels he has left. When he will forget about trying to fit in he wil be his confident gay self again. Inspiring others. I hope.

by Anonymousreply 134April 23, 2018 12:53 PM

This is crazy. I "like" people's post all the time. According to these psychos, I guess I'm a slut. I am, but it has nothing to do with liking posts on social media.

by Anonymousreply 135April 23, 2018 1:28 PM

Caitriona Balfe ran a marathon yesterday. In warm conditions she posted a respectable time. All for a children’s cancer charity. Sam could’ve posted a simple “have a good run” tweet. He instead turned the spotlight on himself and gaslit the “delusional shippers”. And he knew what he was doing. If I was her I’d be pissed.

by Anonymousreply 136April 23, 2018 1:49 PM

Agree with R128's post. He's an actor, he was likely always narcissistic, you don't go into that career if you don't have a bit of an ego. Doesn't mean he's not also a nice guy. He's not some Disney Prince. I don't understand this black or white view of his character.

Am I the only one who doesn't see anything manipulative in a cat picture? He's just giving the fans what they want - co-star banter - while publicizing Cait and her charity event. Maybe I'm naive. But I wonder how aware he actually is about the fandom and all the divisions in it - he's working all the time, travelling, plus if I was a celebrity the last thing I would want to do would be to read the things people say about me on the internet. Maybe he tunes it all out and just posts stuff like this in a blissfully unaware bubble.

by Anonymousreply 137April 23, 2018 2:27 PM

r137. You sweet summer child ;-)

by Anonymousreply 138April 23, 2018 2:56 PM

Maybe I am, R138, but... what's in it for him to manipulate fans? Why would he care? I think his thought process could be more like 'Fans love it when I post stuff about me and Cait. I always get lots of attention and nice compliments. Let's get some ego gratification!' not 'I'm going to play an evil game with people'. Sure, he knows there are some people who read into things like this super seriously, but they read into everything. I think he just laps up positive attention and ignores the bad side of that.

by Anonymousreply 139April 23, 2018 3:18 PM

He's obviously not "blissfully unaware." That said, I think we're witnessing some of the challenges of navigating celebrity and fandom (and monetizing it too, for self and charity), in the age of social media. Most especially under the huge additional pressure of closeting.

I mean - assuming he in fact is a nice guy, who wants to support cancer charities and make fans happy, but who also wants to assure his financial future and grab some acting roles in Hollywood - he is using his public social media to do all of the above, within an obsessed and often delusional fandom. And he is simultaneously using that same social media, and other outlets too, to hide being gay in various ways (showmance, shamzie, etc) - a charade he probably hates on some level. All while protecting his real private life with friends and family and lovers.

No wonder it's often awkward and contradictory. Not to excuse the bearding, just an observation. It would be a lot less awkward if the pink elephant in the room could be talked about. There would still be the public life on social media issues, but the closeting is a whole other level. And so much harder than it was in Hollywood days of yore, even 15 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 140April 23, 2018 4:12 PM

To a certain extent I agree with R137 - it's not malicious, but yes R140 he's not blissfully unaware. I think he's between a rock and a hard place...or rather 2 rocks - the beard believers and the Cait wishers. Whenever he appeases one, he pisses off the other. Just need him to come full circle and appease group 3......candid pic of him browsing muscle Mary's on Grindr

by Anonymousreply 141April 23, 2018 5:51 PM

We don't need to be "appeased" so there's that. But if he wanted to make us smile, two pairs of male feet at the foot of the bed would qualify.

by Anonymousreply 142April 23, 2018 6:06 PM

The real Will & Grace......xd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143April 23, 2018 7:27 PM

So while he's tweeting about cats, he keeps quiet about events like that

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144April 23, 2018 7:32 PM

Ragin!! I was going to go to that as well r144 🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 145April 23, 2018 7:58 PM

Yet someone admonished me when I called him a man-child...there's your sign... Manipulation, playing all sides... I'm sure HW wants to run damage control on a cable show actor with little cred to his name. He should hone his craft, and start acting like he's serious. Producers don't treat you like crap unless there's a reason. He could be so much more than a Brand.

by Anonymousreply 146April 23, 2018 8:04 PM

Another Sam like on Mm's Instagram. It's getting so predictable....

by Anonymousreply 147April 23, 2018 8:17 PM

Doubt Sam or TB are making those "likes" - PR likely has access to their public-facing accounts and does the likes and some of the posts as part of their contracted work for the "hetero Heughan" mini-campaign. Celebrity social media is staged like anything else the public sees. Not to say they're not posting their own stuff, too, but this piece of it is probably part of the PR job, just like calling up Just Jared.

by Anonymousreply 148April 23, 2018 8:49 PM

The fact that "articles" about the marathon and also the cat are appearing on sites like Just Jared and Harpers Bazaar, plus the social media banter, indicates a PR purpose to all this. Trying to rehumanize the stars as buddies ahead of S4, in the wake of various awkward moments following the showmance ending? I'm still expecting a bearding story follow-up next week. Happy co-stars / friends who also have their respective (straight! very heterosexual!) relationships, and everyone's happy and charitable?

by Anonymousreply 149April 23, 2018 11:10 PM

R149 lol sounds about right; and then there’s the cons for fans in the summer, Sam’s movie, $$$

by Anonymousreply 150April 23, 2018 11:48 PM

Good catch R144, sounds like Sam was out and about with no p.r. Yay!

by Anonymousreply 151April 24, 2018 12:47 AM

Yes, good catch, R144 ;)

[quote]"Doubt Sam or TB are making those "likes" - PR likely has access to their public-facing accounts and does the likes and some of the posts as part of their contracted work"

Meanwhile, the 'usual suspects' keep pushing the SHAMzie narrative using those new 'likes' . It doesn't matter to them that Sam has ignored the beard for a long time and they stay in different continents leading separate lives.

[quote] p-redux:"Well look at that, Sam “liked” his REAL girlfriend, Mackenzie’s latest IG pic. Not something you would be doing if you were now a “bachelor.” Samzie still going strong. :-)"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152April 24, 2018 1:06 AM

R144 Interesting. We know so little about his real life. His public one includes OL, MPC, Cahonas, Barbour, the beard and that's it. But I think there's a lot more he keeps only for himself - his real gay relationships, other interests etc. It's a shame that so many people like him stay in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 153April 24, 2018 5:54 AM

It is so whacked how the Shamzies take SM likes as a sign "they're going strong", when they have spent next to no time together the last two years. This bearding has been such a disaster and I doubt HW is taking him seriously now. Sad, because I think he has great potential.

by Anonymousreply 154April 24, 2018 6:14 PM

Does anybody else miss the early days when Sam would post glimpses of his genuine life/friends on his @heughan Twitter account -- before the scrub and the move over to @samheughan? Now his feed is pretty much a giant billboard -- not very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 155April 24, 2018 6:44 PM

R155. Not as fun to feel like a marketing target for products and charities, for sure. I get why he's keeping his private life private, though, even aside from the closeting. The stalker fans would put trackers on all his friends if they could.

by Anonymousreply 156April 24, 2018 7:11 PM

R156 Crazy fans attacked both Balfe and Sam's friends. He got way more private after that.

by Anonymousreply 157April 24, 2018 7:26 PM

[quote]Does anybody else miss the early days when Sam would post glimpses of his genuine life/friends on his @heughan Twitter account -- before the scrub and the move over to @samheughan?

The good old times before the bearding and the PR fuckery started.........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158April 24, 2018 7:31 PM

Sam and gorgeous Stanley Weber in 2015, flirting in SM before the horrible bearding started......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159April 24, 2018 7:34 PM

Sam flirting back....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160April 24, 2018 7:35 PM

Much more than a PR like.....;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161April 24, 2018 7:37 PM

R157 what happened?

Yes I do miss the good old days too...

by Anonymousreply 162April 24, 2018 7:42 PM

Ah, the good old days. Stuff a straight guy would never say...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163April 24, 2018 7:59 PM

Stanley and Sam would make a very hot couple.

by Anonymousreply 164April 24, 2018 8:07 PM

More nostalgia...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165April 24, 2018 8:29 PM

r164 I honestly don't think I could handle Stanley and Sam together; it would be too blinding! Holy fuck! Can you just imagine???

by Anonymousreply 166April 24, 2018 8:38 PM

Pre-bearding Memories, cont'd: When some people thought Heughan's Valentine's Day post of him and his former “Plague Over England” co-star "Ockles" was him coming out...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167April 24, 2018 9:08 PM

That's an adorable photo of Sam and Leo Ockenden. I like this theme today! Nice change from endless discussion / trashing of the beard (who really isn't the point).

by Anonymousreply 168April 24, 2018 10:57 PM

r167 If only that had been true, but I think we will be waiting a long time now for him to come back out of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 169April 25, 2018 12:10 AM

We still can see the real-gay Sam from time to time......

“How similar are you to Jamie in real life?” @SamHeughan gave the #bestanswerever: “I am more like Claire!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170April 25, 2018 1:30 AM

[R144] Is the event Sam attended the same as the one attended by CB per her IG post?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171April 25, 2018 1:57 AM

R171 I don’t think most here follow CB on her instagram, so who knows? The showmance is oriented towards pr popularity and money, and the success of Ol tv show

by Anonymousreply 172April 25, 2018 3:03 AM

R172 Thank you for replying. Now, back to gorgeous, gay Sam. Here’s an older picture of him, one I had not seen before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173April 25, 2018 3:20 AM

He's pinging to high heaven in that pic.

by Anonymousreply 174April 25, 2018 4:38 AM

Yeah, totally from when he was dating Abbie. Right. Are these crazy ass fans just totally blind, clueless or both? It is a bit mind boggling.

by Anonymousreply 175April 25, 2018 5:24 AM

When he was "dating" Abbie.............xd

Like Amy Shiels, Cait.........Sam and his girl-friends who have been used as 'beards'.

Abbie has always been dating the same guy, Nick.

by Anonymousreply 176April 25, 2018 5:33 AM

I think Cait and Amy are actual friends. But the coincidence of Cody and Abbie and Mackenzie all being struggling actresses and trying to be Instagram brand influencers piling onto their time with Sam after having gotten their IG followers from him explains why one might sign up for this job.

by Anonymousreply 177April 25, 2018 6:19 AM

Back in the woods with those Barbour boyz. Which one is he cruisin'?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178April 25, 2018 6:39 AM

R178 the guy to his immediate right of course

by Anonymousreply 179April 25, 2018 7:09 AM

R179 yes Sam likes beards;)

by Anonymousreply 180April 25, 2018 7:41 AM

R180 Not all beards, he can't stand a particular blonde one lol

by Anonymousreply 181April 25, 2018 9:12 AM

I am a Grandma, liked the books,like the show, like Sam and don't give a fuck who he fucks or who he doesn't. It is his business.

by Anonymousreply 182April 25, 2018 12:19 PM

r173 and r174. And i really love, that Shamzie Queen CO is using this pic!, as THE proof, that TB is really his GF!. To come to this conclusion, with Abbie sitting half a meter away from him while he is giving one of his best real life performance of his gay manerismn, this is just unbelievable blind and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 183April 25, 2018 12:51 PM

There's NO such thing as gaydar. I NEVER go over there, but don't believe ANYTHING you read on that site. DL is a CESSPOOL OF LIES made up by CONSPIRACY THEORISTS who think ALL hot, male celebrities are homosexual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184April 25, 2018 2:34 PM

Fuck off R184

Here we go again, so tired of the Shamzies, Shippers, JA PR employees.....get the fuck out of here!

by Anonymousreply 185April 25, 2018 5:42 PM

Wasn't R184 being sarcastic?

by Anonymousreply 186April 25, 2018 6:13 PM

probably.....

by Anonymousreply 187April 25, 2018 6:14 PM

r184. Check the other posts, looks like being sarcastic. Also see the signature.

by Anonymousreply 188April 25, 2018 6:26 PM

I apologise

by Anonymousreply 189April 25, 2018 6:28 PM

We’ve got some posters here definitely trying to throw subtle shade at DL about Sam being gay. Why do you bother, it’s a gay website for FFS, you’re not going to change our minds or show us we’re wrong in our opinion.

by Anonymousreply 190April 25, 2018 7:56 PM

S'right, R186, I was being sarcastic 'cause it was getting too morbid around here. And no, I'm not throwing shade at DL, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 191April 25, 2018 8:05 PM

Related: Sure, come out whenever you want or stay in the closet but don't think your pricey PR is fooling anyone with the showmances and fauxmances. It's getting overplayed, people.

[quote]So, we live in this space where we both wish people didn’t have to come out because it shouldn’t be a big deal, and where we want to hear about people coming out because it’s such a big deal.

[quote]Ultimately, the goal is to one day have “coming out” become unnecessary. We want a day when a male celebrity can hold a man’s hand without it being a big deal. We want a day when confirming you’re in a same-sex relationship isn’t gossip worthy.

[quote]But, of course, we're human and we contradict ourselves. That's the goal we want; but, when people like McHale come out subtly like, we pester and bother for more concrete confirmations.

[quote]Maybe, we should just celebrate people coming out however they choose and then move on instead of making multiple big deals about it. That way, we can avoid another Aaron Carter situation, while also not pestering people who just want to state it and move on.

[quote]We’re on a journey towards total equality, and the coming out process will surely evolve along the way. While I'll cherish the time coming out was a big deal, that'll only make me appreciate the subtleties even more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192April 25, 2018 8:11 PM

Well, you can fool some people for awhile but eventually the truth comes out.

by Anonymousreply 193April 25, 2018 8:22 PM

r193. For us here, the truth was always there.

by Anonymousreply 194April 25, 2018 8:28 PM

Yep, R194, because it's practically impossible to fool other gays. In Heughan's case, he was already out and we knew it because we pay attention to gay representation in theater, TV and film, who's playing the gay characters, whether they're straight or gay actors, how it's being marketed and how it's being received by audiences and honored by awards. But if you're looking for subtle signs, they're there, too...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195April 25, 2018 8:39 PM

[quote]And i really love, that Shamzie Queen CO is using this pic!, as THE proof, that TB is really his GF!. To come to this conclusion, with Abbie sitting half a meter away from him while he is giving one of his best real life performance of his gay manerismn, this is just unbelievable blind and stupid.

TRUE.

The actual SHAMzies were also Sabbies and Sammys in the past (lol.) Anything But Gay.

The SHAMzie Troll Purv, made up all that BS and she even posted photoshopped pics (IIRC, she cut Abbie's. real bf head and put Sam's head, something like that. If anyone has the pic, please post it here)).

Abbie herself had to debunk Purv's lies, in her account Abbie Melrose:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196April 25, 2018 8:43 PM

Although those SHAMzie blind fraus don't want to believe it, gay guys like Sam can have close female friends (and celebrate birthdays with them ;). And he has used them as 'beards'.

Like Cait and Abbie, Amy Shiels also denied dating Sam:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197April 25, 2018 9:05 PM

God, his hair (in 197)!

by Anonymousreply 198April 25, 2018 9:44 PM

Could this be Sam?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199April 25, 2018 9:53 PM

About that manip of Purv's- her excuse for that was really stupid. She claimed she thought it would be obvious it was a manip, but if that was the case why didn't she just slap his head on in a really obviously fake way? She made it look as believable as she could, and gave no indication it was a manip, such as a little disclaimer at the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 200April 25, 2018 9:58 PM

On coupling Sam up with someone from his movie (per 199): Isn't Mila Kunis still married to Ashton Kutcher? Kate McKinnon is gay and out. And Gillian Anderson is pansexual (sorta) plus involved with Peter Morgan. Who's left? That girl who plays the Russian gymnast/hitwoman? One of the guys? One thing we know: TB ain't in the movie, so the article can't be referring to her. Lionsgate may be misguided as fuck; but they're not so crazy as to let that little twat anywhere near one of their hopeful summer cash cows. I don't know how this BI refers to SH.

by Anonymousreply 201April 25, 2018 10:19 PM

Don't know if that gossip is Sam, for the reasons given by R201, but it does reiterate how common and accepted bearding is for male gay leads in Hollywood.

Which is why, even if you look at photos and videos of Sam being himself off set and don't think "gay from space," it's still the obvious answer to the puzzle of his various female "relationships" since he landed the big role (but not before); and all the things that don't add up around his supposed dating life, from playing up the showmance to awkwardly denying it, the BFFs along the way; and ending up with the semi-professional scenario involving an underemployed young actress who conveniently lives 5000 miles away and shows up 4-5 times a year for photo opps that are duly posted on gossip sites. What's the obvious answer? It's not the secret marriage and babies with the co-star. It's the common answer. The gay closet.

by Anonymousreply 202April 25, 2018 10:48 PM

R202 perfect post and answer to any who think all these faux relationships are real. I don’t think that BI was Sam but I do think his antics on Twitter this past weekend are a similar scenario. He ramped up the shippers for something he hinted he’s promoting soon(a movie part or maybe just his usual projects) This is a guy who’s never coming out and that’s ok, but the drama he creates!

by Anonymousreply 203April 25, 2018 11:43 PM

Great post, R202.

[quote]Which is why, even if you look at photos and videos of Sam being himself off set and don't think "gay from space," it's still the obvious answer to the puzzle of his various female "relationships" since he landed the big role (but not before); and all the things that don't add up around his supposed dating life.

The obvious answer to the puzzle, the only one that makes sense and explains EVERYTHING: Sam being his gay self.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204April 26, 2018 3:39 AM

R199 Don't think this is Sam either; he's not a lead in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 205April 26, 2018 3:44 AM

In other news, a lavender marriage goes belly up...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206April 26, 2018 3:50 AM

Check out the last sentence of this 2014 New York Times interview with Sam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207April 26, 2018 4:23 AM

Here's the article in case you don't have a subscription to NYT. Again, Sam's last quote is interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208April 26, 2018 4:25 AM

Thanks R208 yes....his secret...I hope he will help the obsessed fans find out because they don't seem to be getting the hints. Agree with R202 too. Isn't everybody potentially pansexual, I don't even understand why in our day and age a distinction is made between, male, female, hetero, bi, gay etc. Love is love. this society is smothering real love. Looking forward to see this old paradigm dissolved. A society where SH and others can be themselves, where "out" is non existent. I hope that he will feel so shitty about all this that he will stand up and say no. That he will get to a point that being himself is the most important thing.

by Anonymousreply 209April 26, 2018 7:33 AM

R203 What movie part?

by Anonymousreply 210April 26, 2018 9:18 AM

We don't know yet I think....the "exiciting news" could be anything....from a new project till MPC related stuff

by Anonymousreply 211April 26, 2018 9:22 AM

R210 Some fans are spreading the rumour he got a part in Vin Diesel new movie - something about comics. Only rumour, of course, but it would be a bad move careerwise imo.

by Anonymousreply 212April 26, 2018 10:41 AM

I personally don't believe that rumour....no way....

by Anonymousreply 213April 26, 2018 11:22 AM

R213 Yeah, me too. How people come up with this stuff, I'll never know

by Anonymousreply 214April 26, 2018 11:37 AM

Hasn’t he signed up for a few cons Jul-Aug? If he’s filming anything in the hiatus it would be hard to work around those. Unless no S5...

by Anonymousreply 215April 26, 2018 1:11 PM

I think cons yes, he missed one or two last year because of TSWDM.....he could have some project over summer like the past two years, however I don't expect anything big... S5 renewal takes awefully long. For him I hope he'll be free...no renewal.

by Anonymousreply 216April 26, 2018 3:38 PM

Heughan pr looks bad not only from anLGBT standpoint, but also for him It’s like he keeps testing the waters as to what gets him the most clicks- single Sam with a blonde bimbo or him tweeting from his co- stars bed. It’s all bullshit, settle on your narrative buddy- this looks desperate.

by Anonymousreply 217April 26, 2018 5:42 PM

The costar gets the most clicks and likes by a country mile, but she’s engaged and that’s a narrative he shouldn’t be pushing. Frankly it’s a bit creepy tweeting from her bed!

by Anonymousreply 218April 26, 2018 5:56 PM

[quote]a narrative he shouldn’t be pushing. Frankly it’s a bit creepy tweeting from her bed

Anything is better than being gay!

by Anonymousreply 219April 26, 2018 6:04 PM

R218 But who says it's her bed- the shippers. Of course it isn't her bed. It's probably his bed. Some fans commented on the covers being too feminine...well, I wonder why :D

by Anonymousreply 220April 26, 2018 6:05 PM

Of course It could be his bed, a bit of a stereotype I fell into with the feminine covers (sorry) ...but he wasn’t aiming for that assumption. He was aiming for the attention, clicks and retweet numbers, which are always considerably higher than tweets with TB. And no, MM isn’t better than being gay either!

by Anonymousreply 221April 26, 2018 6:35 PM

I don't know but I sense OL might finally be over. I really hope that will set Sam free.

by Anonymousreply 222April 26, 2018 6:38 PM

r222. I always have predicted this for a couple of reasons. And we havent heard much about planning and scouting after the Emmy panel from any executive, or? RDM is out for his next project since S 3. There was a talk about and already different settings from the books in S3. And there is still the long time ago statement from Sam in an Interview, that they may be recast the leads after S4, because of the ageing oft the characters. They ve signed up for seven years, which will not be enough time for a S5/S6 with out renewing the contract.

by Anonymousreply 223April 26, 2018 7:00 PM

Maybe the delay about season 5 isn’t about production maybe the leads are trying to get better deals for salaries or something. Maybe that’s behind the Sam and Cait share a bed project, it shows their importance to the show. I’m no pr expert.

by Anonymousreply 224April 26, 2018 7:54 PM

Agree with R222 and R223. The seven-year contract includes not only all facets of production, but hiatus and promotion. If they aren't already seriously prepping for S5 and have a scheduled start date for shooting, I don't think they can wrap it up within the time left on the seven year contract. Also, everybody is completely mum about S5 -- I think they want to wrap things up as much as they can before they announce S4 is the end.

by Anonymousreply 225April 26, 2018 7:56 PM

I don’t think it’s over- it’s a pretty successful series for Starz. In book 5 and 6 they don’t go anywhere IIRC, so they’ve already got a lot of the sets. Everything HW connected is always about money. That’s why Balfe went along with the bed tweeting; they’re negotiating together and showing their power with fans. Or Sam and Duncan were in that bed just tweetin’

by Anonymousreply 226April 26, 2018 9:23 PM

r225. I might add something: Him being cast as Jamie was announced roundabout mid July 2013. Since that time he is probably contracted to Tall Ship Productions. May be, his main seven year contract begann after they found the female lead.

Anyway, 2020, they will need a new contract. An S5 is possible, when they start shooting at the last quarter of 2018, S5 airing end of 2019. Following immediately filming S6, airing end of 2020. They will need to remew their contracts for the PR work after the middle of 2020 or put some extra money on top.

IIMO, the writers room is struggeling with the Adaption of DG books after part four. The family story of the Frasers is told at that moment. DG has still not finished book nine and is talking about number ten. What I ve read from her daylies line, did not sound very interesting.

And there is something other, she suffered many times to sell her 8 books to the Industrie. Have they bought the rights for the not finished No 9 and 10 also?

So, If there is a S5 and S6, which I doubt in the Moment, cause the original material has to many uninteresting derivates and has nothing to do anymore with the scotish Highlands based saga, there will massive changes to the original source.

by Anonymousreply 227April 26, 2018 9:43 PM

Sorry for my sermon as I am r227, who calls out people when posting OL related stuff here.

Thought it was interesting concerning the bearding story, and Sams interaction in the next days and weeks.

by Anonymousreply 228April 26, 2018 9:50 PM

R228 I guess everything will be much clearer in the upcoming months. Meanwhile Sam has two marathons to run, OL to shoot till the end of June and then who knows. The man is constantly doing something. Where is that energy coming from?

by Anonymousreply 229April 26, 2018 10:02 PM

In addition what I'said: There will be the Brexit.

So, probably no more money from the EU sponsoring Scotlands lesser industrialized regions. I am sure, production received money vor got tax reduce for building up an Infrastruktur for a movie/TV production location.

And second: When the UK leaves the EU, hiring actors will get much more complicated than today concerning working Visa and taxes.

by Anonymousreply 230April 26, 2018 10:03 PM

[quote]Some fans are spreading the rumour he got a part in Vin Diesel new movie - something about comics. Only rumour, of course, but it would be a bad move careerwise imo.

Sam has started to follow dccomics, Vin Diesel, Chris Hemsworth.......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231April 26, 2018 10:07 PM

Sam would love to catch on with a comic book franchise. The movies, which are improving artistically, are still mostly crap - BUT they print money. They've made billionaires out of Robert Downey, C. Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Sam Jackson, and Chris Evans; and have vastly enriched a bunch of lesser actors. Look at Paul Bettany: a wonderful actor, whose part in the Avengers series is pretty much a voiceover, nevertheless gave up playing the new Prince Phillip in "The Crown" to stay with Avengers. "Black Panther" is gonna outstrip them all - and has just gotten started. Even actors like Robert Redford and Tilda Swinton have gotten into the act in some of the films. If Sam could catch on with one of the franchises, he'd be set for life. Not maybe the best artistic choice, but you can see the economic attraction for him.

by Anonymousreply 232April 26, 2018 10:36 PM

r232. Great post. Never thought about that. You are absolutely right. In many Casey.

He played Batman live and he loved it. No he is playing the SiFi guy DG invented. He is a Starwars addicted.

In an old there lies and truth he said, that his first TV at home was an old one, where you have to tune in the programms manual. He was vorn in 1980!

He was educated at a Steiner School (known for educating people well in artistic ways)

He is a dreamer, he loves comics and he is a fananatic, when it comes to space travelling.

So. Probably you are right. If he can catch a role like this. He will be happy and putting shitloads of money on top.

by Anonymousreply 233April 26, 2018 10:57 PM

#233. Again outnumbered by spellcheck. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 234April 26, 2018 11:03 PM

Vin Diesel's DC Comics movie is Bloodshot, right? And produced by Sony. I could see Sam being really happy to land a possible franchise role in a summer comic blockbuster. Well, we'll see ....

by Anonymousreply 235April 26, 2018 11:58 PM

Hmmm....Possibly Vin Diesels new movie or maybe the new StarTrek with Chris Hemsworth. The director is friends with Shatner. Whatever the project, IMHO the closet will stay firmly bolted shut. : (

by Anonymousreply 236April 27, 2018 1:37 AM

Agree. He isn't suddenly going to come back out when OL is over. He's gunning for big Hollywood fame and we know what that means.

by Anonymousreply 237April 27, 2018 2:19 AM

He may be under the naïve belief that if only he can somehow get "big" enough, he can then be in a secure place from which he can come out safely. Don't think he realizes that the experience will do the reverse and drive him further under cover.

by Anonymousreply 238April 27, 2018 2:24 AM

Any predictions on the upcoming weekend arranged festivities?

by Anonymousreply 239April 27, 2018 2:32 AM

I don’t know beginning to think he’ll never come out. Someday when he’s elderly he’ll just be seen with”a longtime companion “ I’ll be dead by then probably lol!

by Anonymousreply 240April 27, 2018 2:32 AM

Sam as Macbeth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241April 27, 2018 2:41 AM

R240 I am beginning to agree with you. As miserable as he seems sometimes, I am starting to think he will never come out again. He makes too much money being the hot, single, hetero guy and I think that’s very sad.

by Anonymousreply 242April 27, 2018 3:21 AM

R242 It is sad. Btw I checked Cahonas donation page - 99% of the donations are made by women. Women who want and like straight unicorn Sam. Unfortunately, he is in the closet because of money and will probably stay there for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 243April 27, 2018 9:03 AM

[quote]Hmmm....Possibly Vin Diesels new movie or maybe the new StarTrek with Chris Hemsworth. The director is friends with Shatner. Whatever the project, IMHO the closet will stay firmly bolted shut. : (

Are the release of The Spy Who Dumped Me and the filming of this movie the reasons why the beard has reappeared on scene after 5 months of 'being off'?

Remember the 'reportedly dating' and 'on-off girlfriend' from the recent Marie Claire article.....;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244April 27, 2018 5:54 PM

[quote]Hmmm....Possibly Vin Diesels new movie or maybe the new StarTrek with Chris Hemsworth. The director is friends with Shatner. Whatever the project, IMHO the closet will stay firmly bolted shut. : (

The release of The Spy Who Dumped Me and the filming of this new movie are probably the reasons why the beard MM has reappeared on scene after 5 months of 'being off'.

Remember this recent article in Marie Claire when they mentioned 'reportedly dating' and 'on-off girlfriend'......;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245April 27, 2018 6:18 PM

So. We are approaching Friday night in Europe. Until now no innuendos from TB. If she was cast for a long birthday weekend with gay Sam Heughan, she should be in town. Long distance flights from the US approach Europe in the early morning.

May be, she was only worth the much cheaper saturday flight.

Anyway. Pass the Popcorn.

by Anonymousreply 246April 27, 2018 6:49 PM

I really hope he'll keep everything professional. He's raised almost 26k pounds so far and he hasn't even run yet. The beard will only tarnish his charity work.

by Anonymousreply 247April 27, 2018 7:21 PM

Mhmm. I am not sure and walking on thin ice.

But: Me and others here have predicted the probably scenario for the upcoming weekend threads ago.

I also said, nothing happened, when I was predicting it here before. Someone has to look and quote my former posts.

So. Thin ice, but I think TB will not show up this weekend. There is no sponsored RC.

And there is nothing TB and gay Sam Heughan would benefit from. She does not sell very good as his GF. Remember. They have spent less than 12 hours since September 2017 on the same continent and the same room.

by Anonymousreply 248April 27, 2018 10:06 PM

R243 That is amazing info about the cahonas donations. Wow , all women and it is a charity for men. This goes deeper than we know with how appealing to women affects all his protects. It’s just sad for the world, Sam’s kinda stuck. Although, he gets to stay private which is what he’s said he wants.

by Anonymousreply 249April 27, 2018 10:55 PM

Wellllllll, staying private and some of the things he does just dont jive....IMHO

by Anonymousreply 250April 27, 2018 11:20 PM

I was speaking to my daughter in law today whose sister is a PA to wealthy people in the Chicago area. I mentioned if she works for anyone that use a beard and she said no. But she added that so many good looking actors and athletes are, I would be shocked. I didn't ask for details.

by Anonymousreply 251April 28, 2018 12:38 AM

Who be nice to see SH play the lead in Lionsgate remake of HIghlander But I don't think it fits his cryptic narrative

by Anonymousreply 252April 28, 2018 2:03 AM

He'll have to go back on 'roads to play a highlander, again. Once he dropped the bulk and regained his runner's physique, he was no longer believable as the "King of Men."

by Anonymousreply 253April 28, 2018 2:57 AM

**'roids

by Anonymousreply 254April 28, 2018 5:43 AM

R249 Those women have husbands, brothers, sons, nephews etc. But, yes, the main thing is women will donate to every cause Sam throws at them. That's how obsessed they are. I guess that means him staying in the closet for a long time. Would all those women support his charities, be part of MPC if he came out? I don't think so and it makes me sad that we live in that kind of world.

by Anonymousreply 255April 28, 2018 2:09 PM

Tell it to the Pope. The Gabaldon cultists are her clones, religious Roman Catholics who get off on bodice-rippers because consensual sex outside of marriage between anyone other than cisgender men and women is for SINNERS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256April 28, 2018 2:42 PM

Did all the gay men fans donate to this??? Do only women donate to breast cancer research? Why does everything become so tribal. People first, cancer hits us all. Equal opportunity illness.

by Anonymousreply 257April 28, 2018 2:46 PM

That's not what R255 was talking about, and you know it, R257. We were discussing what Heughan's obsessed fans would do if he made his sexuality public, not whether gay men donate to cancer charities. You twisted the topic to bash gay men.

by Anonymousreply 258April 28, 2018 3:03 PM

[quote]because consensual sex outside of marriage between anyone other than cisgender men and women is for SINNERS

That leaves non-consensual sex. Apparently, that's allowed.

by Anonymousreply 259April 28, 2018 3:16 PM

My intention was not to bash gay men. This site constantly bashes woman that fan Sam,saying that they would not do so if they thought he was gay. Sorry I am for all people and do not judge for their tribe that they belong to. Isn't it nice that people contribute to cancer research, as a cancer survivor myself I am grateful. Maybe look in the mirror first before you judge people. Jeeeez

by Anonymousreply 260April 28, 2018 3:16 PM

Tribe? What the fuck is that? We're gay human beings.

by Anonymousreply 261April 28, 2018 3:20 PM

R260 My intention wasn't to bash women as well. We all can praise everyone who's donating for any charity. My point is too many of Sam's female fans treat him as a meat. I can;t help but wonder whether they'd support him if he eventually comes out of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 262April 28, 2018 3:22 PM

I think you have your answer, R255. R257 thinks gay men belong to some sort of monolithic “tribe” that thinks and acts alike, not as individual human beings.

by Anonymousreply 263April 28, 2018 3:31 PM

Well, there ya go! These women believe gay men aren't fully human. They see us as a wild tribe of Godless, sinful, lost souls who exist outside the civilized world. We're not seen as human beings with hopes and dreams and fears and aspirations, worthy of respect.

by Anonymousreply 264April 28, 2018 3:44 PM

263 264 Tribe is used in politics to just designate who ideals you are lined up with, not a all like 264 thinks. It's a Red state verses

Tribal is a political or religious term. It does not refer to the wild tribes as 264 implies. People vote usually from what socio,political religeous backgrounds they come from...tribe.I see a lot of judgement about the women who are Sam fans here, or fans from the books. They are not all the same either. It seems that some of the gays here treat Sam like meat as well.so get over yourselves. Love all people,people.

b

by Anonymousreply 265April 28, 2018 4:03 PM

It’s a sweeping generalisation to suggest all Sam’s female fans are Roman Catholic, repressed, homophobic cultists. As it would be to suggest all gays fit into one stereotype. I’m sure there are a few, as there are a few hard cores in any fandom, profession, religion, culture etc. I’m female, not a Roman catholic, slightlyunder Gabaldon’s average readership age and believe Sam is gay. And I don’t give a stuff what his sexuality is, I’d happily support him to come out and live his life if that’s what he chooses. I donate to charities I have a particular interest in or personal connection to. Testicular cancer isn’t one of my charity choices this year, but I wish him well in his run.

by Anonymousreply 266April 28, 2018 4:08 PM

R265 My computer froze up.Sorry. Hope the tribe thing was not seen as an insult,not intended that way.

by Anonymousreply 267April 28, 2018 4:15 PM

Sam Heughan spotting at the BAFTA Outlander panel moments ago.

by Anonymousreply 268April 28, 2018 4:24 PM

R268 Really? I thought it was only for the creators/producers

by Anonymousreply 269April 28, 2018 4:50 PM

You know I was just thinking. The Shamzies make such a big deal when Sam likes an IG or tweet of hers. Do you think they bother to notice that TB rarely likes anything that he posts? I know we don’t care but I find that interesting.

by Anonymousreply 270April 28, 2018 5:26 PM

r268. Interesting. Saturday and no TB in sight as far as I know. Shamzies rererere posting the maximum 20 existing staged pics of the romance of the century. Will TB fly in Sunday morning? That she can greet gay Sam Heughan on the finishing line?

Anyway, pass the Popcorn please..

by Anonymousreply 271April 28, 2018 6:00 PM

pass the Tennents,& Laphroaig too....fear we'll be needing it

by Anonymousreply 272April 28, 2018 6:41 PM

Marathon- and adorable gay- man......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273April 28, 2018 7:28 PM

You can have the beer r272. The Laophraig is for sure mine. BTW, i hate Popcorn.

Let us see, what this weekend offers us. Looks like Sam has to work on Monday.

Mhmm. Means I can not charge Jennifer Allen for my PR input. Again? She already refused to pay me for my perfectly delivered PR script around the Emmy panels. Hey Viewpoint, I am really pissed.

by Anonymousreply 274April 28, 2018 9:42 PM

The beard is in L.A.......:))

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275April 28, 2018 10:02 PM

Please spare us the beard's product placement on DL.

by Anonymousreply 276April 28, 2018 10:19 PM

r275. So no cheering at the finishing line for Sam tomorrow. What a pity.

The Shamzies will be desperate.

Ah wait, the narrative will be somehow like: "We already knew it, Sam is running a Marathon, so no time for TB. He has to work on Monday. We are sure, that he had a long time Skype/Facetime call with her. TB will stay up all the night tracking Sam. She is probably busy with her auditions and so on and on and...."

Pass the hard alcohol please, does not matter from which origin, just needs to make me drunk.

by Anonymousreply 277April 28, 2018 10:27 PM

who in world keeps this ridiculous site alive ?????

by Anonymousreply 278April 28, 2018 10:35 PM

Not so much product placement, more that the PR on this particular scenario seems to done. The “on off” comment was the tell that it was fizzling out.

by Anonymousreply 279April 28, 2018 10:36 PM

r278. GTFOH. Pronto. Troll!

by Anonymousreply 280April 28, 2018 10:38 PM

R277, you are totally right ;) The SHAMzie queen is already making up lame excuses.

Because this is how 'real love' works, LOL

[quote]ContemplatingOutlander: "MacKenzie could be on a plane now to Scotland. Who knows? It’s also possible she isn’t going to be spending Sam’s birthday with him this year because he is working and doing the marathon. Maybe she will celebrate from a distance (over facetime) and see him when he has his next break."

by Anonymousreply 281April 28, 2018 10:55 PM

I am great, no, I am the greatest. Streets, buildings and trees should be named to honor me.

And Shamzie queen CO will pay for my four weeks trip to the Caribian Sea.

by Anonymousreply 282April 28, 2018 10:56 PM

r281. Yep, here we go. I am r277 and r282.

by Anonymousreply 283April 28, 2018 11:00 PM

Yup, all the prizes go to you. And let me just have another laugh at CO's excuse: Shamzies of course "spotted" the fiancé at the finishing line (though no pics), BECAUSE CB WAS running a marathon and had to work next day. TB will not be there, BECAUSE SH IS running a marathon and has to work next day. They really should keep in mind what they said the other day, and so should their brainwashed supporters. But I'm happy that he as well will keep the focus on his charity without any sideshows. Cheering him on tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 284April 28, 2018 11:37 PM

r284 and r272. More alcohol for me please. Immediatletly. Pronto. Schnell...

by Anonymousreply 285April 28, 2018 11:46 PM

We'll drink a toast to R277 and yes, it's becoming so predictable you can set your watch by it. The Shamzies are constantly filling in the PR narrative with their little heteronormative romance fictions while everyone else is a "conspiracy theorist" for doing the same.

by Anonymousreply 286April 29, 2018 12:18 AM

**for not doing the same.

by Anonymousreply 287April 29, 2018 12:22 AM

I find it interesting that Perez Hilton thinks that Sam’s #firstheadshot photo on IG is “Adorable “ . ...hmmm Perez knows what he likes :)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288April 29, 2018 2:21 AM

Does Perez follow Sam? Spill the tea

by Anonymousreply 289April 29, 2018 6:32 AM

R289 Yes. Perez does follow Sam on IG.

by Anonymousreply 290April 29, 2018 11:51 AM

r284 and r286. Thank. And BTW, this is also my special birthday gift for me today. Naaah. Dont ASK for the numbers showing up.

by Anonymousreply 291April 29, 2018 12:03 PM

Perez has the reputation for outing people. I’d love to Sam be out as much as the next person but that’s up to him. Anyone else worried that Sam may be Hilton’s newest target?

by Anonymousreply 292April 29, 2018 1:56 PM

I didn't think Perez Hilton was still making it a thing to out celebrities. Wasn't that ten years ago? And Sam Heughan isn't a big enough name even so. PH was going after that NSync singer and Jodie Foster and Anderson Cooper. Not that everyone didn't know they were gay anyway; it was about saying it out loud.

by Anonymousreply 293April 29, 2018 3:00 PM

Heughan running the Stirling Marathon...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294April 29, 2018 3:13 PM

Congrats to Heughan for breaking his personal best...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295April 29, 2018 3:17 PM

R295 And he wasn't going for his personal best. Who is he kidding? The guy is highly competitive. Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 296April 29, 2018 4:12 PM

Let's be honest here it could have been worse(or could still be worse tomorrow) if TB showed up.

Despite him being exhausted have to give SH credits for his marathon today.

I owe you a Laprhoaig R275 R277 R282 R285

by Anonymousreply 297April 29, 2018 5:53 PM

Interview with Sam:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298April 29, 2018 6:13 PM

R298 Is that blonde woman his PR in UK?

by Anonymousreply 299April 29, 2018 6:30 PM

R298 Maybe. She is with him in other pics.

The guy in the hat next to Sam, looks like a bodyguard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300April 29, 2018 7:14 PM

That’s a woman walking next to Sam, but let’s look for a hot guy bodyguard in the vicinity. That would be a good scenario.

by Anonymousreply 301April 29, 2018 8:05 PM

It's likely that he's keeping this very public event for one of his favorite charities very separate from his personal life, including any lover(s). I notice he's kept TB away from any photos or involvement with MPC or either of his cancer charities. And he wouldn't have a real-life partner there (if he has one at the moment) because of the closeting, whatever level that's at now. He knows there will be hundreds of photos snapped and posted.

Anyway, good for him for running a respectable time, and for raising funds for charity. He sure has energy.

by Anonymousreply 302April 29, 2018 8:21 PM

R299, she is the unit publicist for Outlander.

by Anonymousreply 303April 29, 2018 8:32 PM

The bodyguard in R298’s link is taller than Heughan but not particularly hot. He also appears to be wearing a wedding ring.

What’s significant is that at least two men associated with Heughan have completely deactivated their social media accounts.

by Anonymousreply 304April 29, 2018 8:55 PM

[quote]What’s significant is that at least two men associated with Heughan have completely deactivated their social media accounts.

Yes, Luke and Duncan.

R4 R5 Anyone knows what happened to Angus?

by Anonymousreply 305April 29, 2018 9:08 PM

Yes, R304. Or at least, their publicly available / identifiable accounts. We don't know that they were ever with Sam, but it's an interesting data point that certain people, especially certain men, who are close to him have gone "private."

I tend to think that *everything* we see is for public consumption, whether to market his shows, his products, his charities, or his personal brand (including the illusion or assumption of heterosexuality). His private life, encompassing family, friends, and lovers, is intentionally kept well out of public view, and even when we get glimpses, they are well curated. Which is probably good for a celebrity with an obsessed fan base, though it's a shame about the fake hetero marketing as that plays into the damaging norms of Hollywood.

But we all should keep in mind that we are not seeing his life. We're seeing his PR. We shouldn't act like anything we see, especially that he or his co-star or TB oe anyone associated with his various brands posts on social media, is somehow revelatory or "the hidden truth." To me the biggest tell of all is simply that there's a campaign to sell the idea of a girlfriend (who barely sees him, lives 5000 miles away, and is underemployed in "the industry").

by Anonymousreply 306April 29, 2018 9:10 PM

R306, agree. The biggest tell is there is a perceived need to "sell the idea of a girlfriend." If Sam had women lovers pre-Outlander, I think it would be hard to keep them from eagerly spilling the deets. They don't. No stories, no photos.

by Anonymousreply 307April 29, 2018 9:21 PM

maybe they delete their accounts because of all the speculation on this thread which in turns drives the fans crazy and then the fans contact them. If people left them alone and stopped speculating about their sexual preference and if they were with Sam's then they wouldn't have to close their accounts. Every action creates a reaction in life no matter what it is

by Anonymousreply 308April 29, 2018 9:34 PM

R308, but you can speculate and make up BS about imaginary 'gfs', right?

Go back to tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 309April 29, 2018 9:47 PM

Most people who have been close friends with or dated a celebrity don't close down their accounts. They may take down some embarrassing photos, and they may become more circumspect going forward, but they don't erase a whole life or connection. Because why hide the fact of a relationship? Unless someone is stepping into the closet .... We're talking about common patterns here, not specific people or relationships. This fits those patterns, is the point.

by Anonymousreply 310April 29, 2018 9:48 PM

Good point

by Anonymousreply 311April 29, 2018 10:35 PM

r297. Well honey, obviously you do!

"When shall we two meet again? In thunder, lighting vor in rain?

Great weekend for me, so far, even getting 5* did not really hurt. Well. A little bit...

by Anonymousreply 312April 29, 2018 11:13 PM

[quote]Anyone knows what happened to Angus?

I think we agreed not to dox non-celebs, like "Angus" (not his real name).

by Anonymousreply 313April 30, 2018 12:06 AM

TB has “officially” attached herself to Sam for his birthday. Liking his IG post. It only took how long to acknowledge him on SM since Oscars.?

by Anonymousreply 314April 30, 2018 1:02 AM

"Relationship" based on Instagram likes, haha

by Anonymousreply 315April 30, 2018 1:10 AM

Tobias liked it.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316April 30, 2018 1:30 AM

R316 so I guess Sam and Tobias are having a torrid affair? ;)

by Anonymousreply 317April 30, 2018 1:56 AM

Summarazing this weekend so far. Me had a nice birthday party with friends. Weather was incredible warm and sunny. Global warming is real.

My, and others predictions came true.

Onbearded Sam was running like for his life and collecting money for his charity. Chapeau for his personal best time.

BTW cant watch him running. Muscular, long legs. BUT he looks sissy out oft the script book.

He is a great athlete and very well trained.

Anyway. Chapeau to him.

by Anonymousreply 318April 30, 2018 2:03 AM

Looks like the beard is still in LA.

by Anonymousreply 319April 30, 2018 2:11 AM

R319, What makes you think that?

by Anonymousreply 320April 30, 2018 3:00 AM

r312 Happy Birthday 😘😉

by Anonymousreply 321April 30, 2018 8:30 AM

Catriona outs him yet again and the fraus just dont get it

Happy Birthday darling !!! May you feel like a princess alllllll day 😘😘 @SamHeughan 👸🏻👸🏻👸🏼👸🏼

by Anonymousreply 322April 30, 2018 9:07 AM

(322) Hmmh, I'm not so sure that noone gets it. It's def. too obvious. The gay topic should have been reached to everyone by now, though maybe not the casual fan. It's discussed on various sites, OL or not. But who of those obsessed ones would ever dare to mention it on his SM? That one would be tarred and feathered immediately. JMO.

by Anonymousreply 323April 30, 2018 9:36 AM

R322 And he doesn't seem to mind. He retweets a collage of him in a dress. I'll leave it here.

by Anonymousreply 324April 30, 2018 9:55 AM

Bale can't help herself...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325April 30, 2018 2:23 PM

Balfe seems to be going all in. Don't think the JA/PR team will be too happy with this narrative with TB MIA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326April 30, 2018 3:32 PM

Wow, Heughan's going off the rails repeatedly wishing himself "Happy Birthday," isn't he? Drunken tweeting? He also RT'd the Dalai Lama, so we'll just mention that besides loving-kindness, another important precept of Buddhism is truthfulness, which includes self-deception and the casual deception of others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327April 30, 2018 4:36 PM

r327 and the other posters before.

What a day! Caitriona nailing the public announcement on the front door that Sam is gay?

What a change in the narrative from last year!

Hey guys, DL works.

by Anonymousreply 328April 30, 2018 4:43 PM

[quote]Hey guys, DL works

Hey, R328, just to be clear there's no agenda. DL is a discussion forum for likeminded LGBT people, not Rapelander fantards. We also practice fitness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329April 30, 2018 5:14 PM

It does feel like there's been some sort of shift but I doubt it will last. Get the sense they're just fed up with he charade and lashing out a bit, but I'm sure he will be firmly back in the closet as movie PR ramps up.

by Anonymousreply 330April 30, 2018 5:35 PM

This IS movie p. r. and comic con p.r. and season 4 p.r. and personal p.r. for both of them. They realize that the two of them together is what gets the clicks and gets the most ardent fans praising them to the sky. It’s all about whatever works and they were not getting a good response from the beard story. She might still be under contract, but the showmance obviously is more popular.

by Anonymousreply 331April 30, 2018 6:21 PM

Balfe and Cree are the ones who get away with the gay banter with Sam. Though this is OTT even for our resident Will & Grace. Could be that's the point, to make it so outrageous that it can be laughed off as a joke, basically see what they can get away with. Birthday tradition?--last year she posted a rainbow. The thing is that her W&G banter with him crosses into mean at times - there's an edge to her with him like she doesn't know when to stop with the gay callouts once she gets going. Hard to tell if he likes that, if it's part of their friendship, or not. Either way, it's not the worst response from him, if his plan is stay in a more or less dark glass closet but not to go full lie. Go with the joke, a little wink to the gay fans, toss the head, and have the publicists keep planting the word "girlfriend" in the gossips sites for insurance. Closeting for the social media age - confirm nothing, laugh everything off, allow multiple narratives to float around. This is not an age in which denials or pushback could ever work.

by Anonymousreply 332April 30, 2018 6:35 PM

R232 you’re right , well put! Her OTT banter is causing the shippers to say if he were really gay Balfe would never be so insensitive- so that works just like you said. But Balfe got to have a bit of passive aggressive feelings about him because she’s been backed into a bit of a corner by him as well.

by Anonymousreply 333April 30, 2018 6:44 PM

I am a long time DLer. A female friend told me to watch the show. I rented from Netflix, I'm at the end of S1. Anyway, I immediately thought of these threads on here about him, though I don't read them. I read a bit of this one and told her he was gay and had been out in the UK. She had a fit, saying he wasn't. This is a liberal black woman who has occasional sex with women. These women and their heart throbs. I confused this with Highlander, and thought they did a series on that. I didn't know it was so big on romance, especially between two people with no sexual chemistry. I don't find either one terribly sexy, I am already tired of seeing that woman's nipples. I like the history about how people lived but the two main characters can be annoying. Does it get any better after S1? Does he ever go frontal and should I care?

by Anonymousreply 334April 30, 2018 7:08 PM

r334. Ahem. No. I any cases you did ask. No.

by Anonymousreply 335April 30, 2018 7:35 PM

SR334 Thanks for weighing in. LoL about the nipples! They are a major character in the books the series is based on. I don’t know why they’re not listed in the credits. Do you have more details about the U.K. out Sam?

by Anonymousreply 336April 30, 2018 7:42 PM

[quote]What a day! Caitriona nailing the public announcement on the front door that Sam is gay? What a change in the narrative from last year!

But the SHAMzies are still in denial.....lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337April 30, 2018 7:52 PM

The whole scenario and all the SM games is just so bizarre, and childish. Are other fandoms this crazy that they garner these weird SM games? I know bearding is prevalent in HW but this seems to go way beyond just bearding and seems to be purposeful pandering to a wacky fan base.

by Anonymousreply 338April 30, 2018 8:03 PM

R334, sorry no personal info from the UK, that was based on what I read in this thread. I didn't realize there were books and a whole fraudom watching this series. I just finished watching Tobias rape him. It was pretty brutal as it was filmed, nailing his hand to the table, and I found it disturbing. Surprised the fraus would like that. They must be unhinged way down deep.

by Anonymousreply 339April 30, 2018 8:08 PM

R338 OL fandom is a special case of many crazies and weirdos put together. It's an absolute shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 340April 30, 2018 8:09 PM

Hey guys. Small reminder. This is obviously thread # 31 about gay actor Sam Heughan.

There are zillions of OL related threads here on DL. And I have heard about this INTERNET. I am sure you will get your answers there.

by Anonymousreply 341April 30, 2018 8:37 PM

r337. Super Gau and meltdown in Shamzieland? And I am still waiting for my paycheck from Jeniffer Allen Viewpoint company....

by Anonymousreply 342April 30, 2018 8:47 PM

R339 you have just seen the most terrible scene in this show. We discussed it a lot earlier and the despicable author that created it. It was traumatic to watch .

by Anonymousreply 343April 30, 2018 9:28 PM

R338 I wonder this also. There are probably pretty many closeted actors,sadly. I don’t think there’s this big of a shitshow with them. Even Hiddleston and Swift was short lived. Although, this is a long running tv show. It still gets more crazy by the day.

by Anonymousreply 344April 30, 2018 9:33 PM

R322 R324 R325 R326

[quote]Balfe seems to be going all in. Don't think the JA/PR team will be too happy with this narrative with TB MIA.

I've noticed that in a lot of birthday wishes from the Outlander crew, -from Anita to Metin- they also include Cait.

Is the PR narrative changing? At least, Sam and Cait are real friends and their 'bearding' was more believable than the PR fuckery with the trashy beard........

by Anonymousreply 345April 30, 2018 10:47 PM

Amy Shiels calls Sam 'Big Brother' in her IG birthday wish to him ;)

For the newbies, Amy was one of Sam's fake 'gfs'. She stated in her twitter that Sam was never her boyfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346April 30, 2018 11:42 PM

R346 and so pingy in this picture. Isn’t she the one he said something to about his “bat was never straight”? Yeah. Gay Sam for the win!

by Anonymousreply 347April 30, 2018 11:46 PM

As far as unhinged fans go - to this day there are "Twilight" fans out there who are absolutely sure that Rob Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are married with two phantom kids. I believe the headcount on Sam and Balfe's mythical family is one. Not sure if it's a boy or a girl.

by Anonymousreply 348April 30, 2018 11:58 PM

Must have been artificial insemination or maybe miraculous conception . or possibly they found a baby in the cabbage patch

by Anonymousreply 349May 1, 2018 1:35 AM

Theirs came from the fairies.

by Anonymousreply 350May 1, 2018 1:38 AM

[quote] and so pingy in this picture. Isn’t she the one he said something to about his “bat was never straight”? Yeah. Gay Sam for the win!

Yep, R347

Amy is a longtime friend of Sam and she knows that Sam is gay.

When Sam was more open about his sexuality.....

@SamHeughan Replying to @amy_shiels @amy_shiels ain't nothing straight about my Bat, you know that! 1:22 PM - 30 Nov 2011

by Anonymousreply 351May 1, 2018 1:48 AM

Bat and his Robin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352May 1, 2018 1:50 AM

The tweet in question...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353May 1, 2018 2:24 AM

Around that time, Amy Sheils was rumored to be in a relationship with Lauren Cohan (both were costars with Heughan in Young Alexander)... Here they are on Valentine's Day, 2014.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354May 1, 2018 2:34 AM

Last year, Shiels and Cohan posed with Heughan and Telfer for a "Young Alexander" reunion pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355May 1, 2018 2:38 AM

R354 So it seems that Amy is a lesbian.....And to think that the SHAMzies shipped her with Sam....lol

[quote]Amy Shiels calls Sam 'Big Brother' in her IG birthday wish to him ;) For the newbies, Amy was one of Sam's fake 'gfs'. She stated in her twitter that Sam was never her boyfriend.

Once again, these posts from Amy prove that the SHAMzies queens -that have been Sammys, Sabbies, Samcait shippers in the past - have been lying and pushing a fake 'Sam is straight' narrative for years.

Anything but gay.

by Anonymousreply 356May 1, 2018 4:15 AM

Judging by Sam's SM activity last night, he got wasted. Not a good look.

by Anonymousreply 357May 1, 2018 7:03 AM

R357 better than the even worse PR. He was probably happy to be able to drink again after the marathon

by Anonymousreply 358May 1, 2018 11:42 AM

R357 Sam's relationship with Balfe is fucking weird. He's gay, we know that. He says publicly he loves her, she talks about his balls. I'm a woman and I have gay friends, but even we don't act like this. I guess the Shamzies are the most confused.

by Anonymousreply 359May 1, 2018 12:03 PM

r359. I do with my gay friends. Well, with some oft them.. May be you need new gay friends?

by Anonymousreply 360May 1, 2018 12:27 PM

If the shippers and the Shamzies ditch their pink glasses, they'll see that Sam is one gorgeous gay man. Balfe is outing him all the time and he enjoys it!!! I guess he's miserable in the closet and he finds a little bit of freedom in those SM exchanges with her. More and more fans are opening their eyes so I expect fast beard intervention soon.

by Anonymousreply 361May 1, 2018 12:36 PM

R361 Well, Sam has a tight schedule. He's still shooting, he must be in Rome next weekend for a con and he's running a second marathon on 27th. So no time for him to go to LA. The beard has lots of stock photos - so the Coliseum one next week?

by Anonymousreply 362May 1, 2018 1:08 PM

[quote]Judging by Sam's SM activity last night, he got wasted. Not a good look.

Waddya mean? This is a great tweet about getting his back. sack (and ostensibly crack) waxed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363May 1, 2018 2:15 PM

r363. Yup! Those puritans again.

On a gay board. Naaahhh!

by Anonymousreply 364May 1, 2018 3:20 PM

R362 Con in Rome? So that's the reason for the tweetfest with Balfe. Con tickets...

by Anonymousreply 365May 1, 2018 3:39 PM

R339 here. Saw the last part of the supposed rape scene where he said they "made love" and Claire said she would love him always anyway. WTF!? Fraus buy into this shit? Guy hammers nail into his hand, rapes him, then they make love, he gets branded - what fucked up woman writes this shit? So is he bi now and going to act on it? It would be more interesting. Especially it he did the older bald guy with the beard. They have more sexual tension together anyway. I thought straight guys were bad about straight women having sex together to turn straight men on, but this whole scene in the show was pretty warped. Of course, Claire with love him with all of her soul no matter what (eyeroll).

by Anonymousreply 366May 1, 2018 4:47 PM

why would you watch something if you don't like it? if it is so unbelievable, why watch it? why come to this thread to give critiques on the story line? why would you watch something where one thinks there is no chemistry between Sam & Cait. this is not a thread to critique OL or Sam's/Cait's acting.

everyone keeps bringing the tumblr stuff here. this thread has become no different than tumblr but each is just on a different side with different beliefs. One thinks he's gay the other doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 367May 1, 2018 5:28 PM

Why are you so pissed because this person has some thoughts about pretty much the only show with Sam on it?

by Anonymousreply 368May 1, 2018 5:51 PM

because this is not what this thread was about. If they want to voice opinions and critiques take it somewhere that that is what they're doing, but not here. and they have been told this over and over and over by pretty much everyone that was here before tumblr invaded.

by Anonymousreply 369May 1, 2018 5:57 PM

THread on DL “Is Outlander on Starz worth starting?”I’ve been on these gay Sam threads since the beginning and I’m not angry, but I don’t like bullying.

by Anonymousreply 370May 1, 2018 6:12 PM

oh please. this was mild. it's okay to keep telling people to fuck off among other things? I find it interesting that it all depends on who posts whether it is accepted or not. I posted in the beginning about tumblr invading and I was told to fuck off by a regular so I just watched them all arrive and didn't say another word about it. numerous posters have said nasty things to those that they THINK are from tumblr and not a peep from you.

by Anonymousreply 371May 1, 2018 6:26 PM

and my response was not to that question at all, but to numerous posts in the last few days. this Was a thread about whether Sam was gay or not. Posts range from insulting him to tearing him apart.tearing apart the beard who is a part but does need to be shredded. maybe you should be angry

by Anonymousreply 372May 1, 2018 6:29 PM

R339. You're the longtime DL'er, right? Welcome to this thread.

It's true that we try to discourage conversation about Outlander itself (books and show) because that would derail this thread completely. There is a thread about Outlander on DL and a lot of strong opinion on the Internet about it if you want to take a deep dive (caveat emptor, the fandom is a dumpster fire). Since you're a longtime poster on DL, I'll give you the short version of DL's dominant opinions over 31 threads: Yes, the author is an absolutely fucked-up person in her life and writing. Rape is her go-to plot device in almost every book. She has deeply problematic ideas about race, gender, and sexuality. She needs an editor desperately but she's arrogant as fuck and won't use one. There's probably a range of opinions here about reading her work despite all of that, because she's not without raw writing talent. Problematic faves and all that. The show fixes some but not all of the issues. Beautiful costumes and sets showing various eras and places. Beautiful actors. Plot scaffolding needs work thanks to source material problems. Some nice scenes and good side characters. Way too much rape. Differing opinions about the talent of the actors versus scripts and editing when scenes don't work. Some people here will watch, some people won't.

So that's the TL;dr. I think it's a fair summary. Only you can decide if you can watch. (If you're into Sam Heughan, you probably will.) Be forewarned, it will never not be problematic.

Aspects of the show and story come up here because it's Sam Heughan's major gig, but the focus of the thread is Sam Heughan, gay but closeted actor. If you veer off that topic, someone will guide you back.

Back to scheduled programming ....

by Anonymousreply 373May 1, 2018 6:46 PM

Hooray for Gay Sam drunk tweeting! Damn marathons have been messing with fun Sam.

by Anonymousreply 374May 1, 2018 7:05 PM

R374 And to think he has to run another one in 3 weeks. Is it physically possible for him to do that?

by Anonymousreply 375May 1, 2018 7:17 PM

r373. Hurra, Hooray to you.

Great, remarkable post.:

We, the longtime inhabitants oft this thread about gay acctor Sam Heughan had wonderful ten days.

Readers digest Version:

1. No more added hours with TB since September 2017, max 12 h in the same room on the same continent since that

2. Everything PR move, story narrative predicted from others and me here did not happen.

3. Sam running a marathon, doing a great job collecting money for Cahonas Charity and reaching his personal best time.

4. Sam celebrating his birthday with a lot oft alcohol and a lot of riends.

5. Gay Sam and his BFF Caitriona Balfe obviously having fun on their public PR social media..

Looks like a great begiining of the week for me.

by Anonymousreply 376May 1, 2018 7:30 PM

Don't yell at me i am asking because I don't know. Is it possible that he is bisexual? Does that happen ??

by Anonymousreply 377May 1, 2018 8:11 PM

Don't yell at me i am asking because I don't know. Is it possible that he is bisexual? Does that happen ??

by Anonymousreply 378May 1, 2018 8:11 PM

R366, yes, the fact that Outlander romanticizes prison rape with the soft lighting, slick bodies and wistful gazes is fucked up and regressive. It just gets worse from there.

R378, he's gay. Educate yourself about sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 379May 1, 2018 8:32 PM

Thanks, R373, I was not aware of the boundaries, but now that you have stated them, I understand.

by Anonymousreply 380May 1, 2018 8:43 PM

R378 Sam and his PR are trying to confuse people about his sexuality with all the lovey dicey fan service he does on his public Sm and in interviews with Balfe. They want to muddle the issue because they want us to think Sam is anything but gay! But you can’t fool all of the people all of the time; that’s why we’re here.

by Anonymousreply 381May 1, 2018 8:58 PM

R367/R369/R371/R372, o you have anything to add besides whining about how we're tearing people apart?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382May 1, 2018 8:59 PM

r370 post 382: perfect example

by Anonymousreply 383May 1, 2018 9:05 PM

R383 = Finger-wagging Troll

by Anonymousreply 384May 1, 2018 11:17 PM

thanks for continuing to prove my point

by Anonymousreply 385May 1, 2018 11:43 PM

Happy to oblige, R385! Thanks for continuing to prove mine.

by Anonymousreply 386May 2, 2018 12:41 AM

Let's go back to topic.

Sam being his adorable gay self after the Stirling Marathon:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387May 2, 2018 1:13 AM

And the way he looks in that video is the reason that the next day he appears so “flirty” with Balfe on Twitter ( not the only reason for sure) But it got a lot of fans thinking they must be a couple. Once you know he’s gay , you can’t unknown it.

by Anonymousreply 388May 2, 2018 2:13 AM

r387. And our Shamzie Queens desperatly trying to explain why TB did not show up for his birthday. 12 hours in the same room in eight months. This must be real great love.

Meanwhile Balfe and Sam delivering tons of loafs, not bread crumbs, oft his gayness on Twitter. Ha! Great tun, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 389May 2, 2018 7:43 AM

R389 So they think a 38 yo male in the peak of his life lives without sex for months, waiting for TB to show up hahahha

by Anonymousreply 390May 2, 2018 8:02 AM

I agree that he is much more fun after the marathon, too bad he has to do one more!

R389 it's completely ridiculous but that's the thing isn't it? These OL fans are a sick bunch with a twisted idea of what love is. Look at Sam's character Jamie, he starts out as a good person but after Claire he ends up raped, blackmailed, becomes a smuggler and god knows what else. She leaves him at Culloden to die. Never tries to find out if he died for real. She is angry about his second marriage though for herself it was ok to have 2 husbands. If the crazies feel that this is an epic love story where 2 people bring out the best in each other(not), it doesn't surprise me that they consider likes on SM to be real love too.

I hope Sam has a nice boy to have some real fun with in Scotland.

by Anonymousreply 391May 2, 2018 8:54 AM

Verys desperate Shamzie queen CO spent her whole day in her basement crawling thru her left over trash pictures of TB. The rest of the days she spent answering her selfwritten pseudo "anons" where she she can post the 30+ existing pics of Sam and TB.

Who else then her and the other minion PDX with her multiple tumblr account the fuck still tries to sell this outdated "Sam ia straight narrative".

Even Sam is not trying to sell this BS anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392May 2, 2018 2:06 PM

R390, well of course. Healthy, hot guy doesn't need to wait months for a booty call.

R391, good summary of Gabaldon's sadistic, leaky pen drivel. Tagline should read: A Crypto-Catholic love story for repressed racists, sexists and homophobes. Dive in!

R392, poor CO is so obsessed with Heughan, she has to regularly vomit praise for TB. She forgot to mention Daddy's a gun runner for Jesus...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393May 2, 2018 2:31 PM

R393, lol "gun runner for Jesus." Did Henry Cavill's beard have such a presence? It seems most beards just show up and don't really get entwined with the actor's career or fans. Am I wrong or is this the norm for bearding?

by Anonymousreply 394May 2, 2018 2:39 PM

Related: Meanwhile, in the world we want to live in... when The Boys in the Band opens on Broadway it will mark the 50th anniversary of its Off Broadway debut with a hotly anticipated cast that comprises only openly gay actors...

[quote]Roughly a month out from opening night, however, the troupe has yet to move into the Booth Theatre. They’re not even in New York. Instead, the production has temporarily relocated to Downtown Los Angeles to make life easier for lead Jim Parsons, who’s busy filming The Big Bang Theory. Star Trek’s Zachary Quinto, too, is double-booked, recording a voiceover for an upcoming series. Meanwhile, Andrew Rannells (of Girls fame) is about to drop a PBS concert special, and Matt Bomer (Magic Mike) is spending his few available hours with his three kids.

[quote]This scheduling madness is one reason why Boys promises to be a treat: There probably won’t be another chance to see together onstage this caliber of actors from Hollywood’s first out-and-proud generation—or at least not anytime soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395May 2, 2018 2:56 PM

R393 Agree with you. What a pathetic shitshow...hope the shamzies and obsessed fans will give up soon(when Sam stops bearding.....hope he will)

by Anonymousreply 396May 2, 2018 3:02 PM

[quote]Did Henry Cavill's beard have such a presence? It seems most beards just show up and don't really get entwined with the actor's career or fans.

Probably because Cavill wasn't desperate enough to stumble into a role from a book series with an obsessive following of pathetic, twisted sick-os.

by Anonymousreply 397May 2, 2018 3:05 PM

I love how people post about TB, the show, and then post one line at the bottom to make it look like they are posting about Sam being gay. I don't understand why you don't just start another thread about the show, TB and whatever else you want to discuss.

by Anonymousreply 398May 2, 2018 3:26 PM

For the Finger-Wagging Troll at R398, fuck off tumblr twat. You have never added anything of value or good will to the LGBT community, this thread or any of the previous parts you've trolled. You are constantly attempting to derail and interfere with the discussions, here. Now, kindly go back and piss all over tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 399May 2, 2018 4:06 PM

R399 thank you!! needed to be said.

by Anonymousreply 400May 2, 2018 4:17 PM

I don’t really see how talking about the shamzie tumblr queens and details about this mm who’s some kind of hanger on at this point is that relevant to our topic. Pictures and vids of Sam’s recent activities are mostly obtained from tumblr blogs and those are appropriate. I don’t want to police anybody but is it important what some delusional shamzies are doing?

by Anonymousreply 401May 2, 2018 4:26 PM

r401. In some cases it is relevant. Because you and me spent so many hours here together with others to spread the news about adorable gay Sam Heughan.

And I really like the actual narrative, spreaded by his own from Sam.

by Anonymousreply 402May 2, 2018 4:41 PM

The only reason TB has a bigger presence than Henry Cavill's, or any others, is because of the Tumblr fraus promoting her to try and counter the Gay Sam narratives because they are a bunch of repressed homophobes. I swear CO must be that girl's agent or something; she's whacked.

by Anonymousreply 403May 2, 2018 5:53 PM

r399 you are incorrect on all counts. I have to say that besides the shippers here you do make this thread miserable. I wouldn't even be here if I hadn't been suggested that I come over here. you know nothing about me or why I participate in this thread and you know nothing about all the other threads I participate in. you continuously accuse me of being a tumblr participant which I am not.

I'm sorry that you are such an unhappy person that you have to continuously find someone to pick on.

by Anonymousreply 404May 2, 2018 6:33 PM

r404. General call!

This is thread number 31 about gay actor Sam Heughan!

We, the natural inhabtitants oft this thread are bored and exhausted from your posts.

As others stated: There is no input, nothing you have done here for us and for our issues.

Again. This is not tumblr. This is DL.

by Anonymousreply 405May 2, 2018 7:28 PM

r405 have you really been here that long? see at the bottom with the person in a circle with a strike through it? click on it in my post and you will be bothered no longer unless of course you just want someone to pick on

by Anonymousreply 406May 2, 2018 7:45 PM

r406. Seven useless posts? Schleich dich, bist ein Depp.

by Anonymousreply 407May 2, 2018 7:51 PM

I don't understand the problem. Don't read them! Block me!

by Anonymousreply 408May 2, 2018 8:28 PM

Look at this article. Only a million, not too much, right? I thought he was making more money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409May 2, 2018 8:33 PM

r409. In one of the early threads we had a copy of the payroll from him for S1. He is a employee to Tall Ship Productions or a sub company. He is probably making around one million Euro per season before UK tax. His accomondation was paid, his Q 5 car is sponored by AUDI (but they charge you, I know it).

Income tax, social welfare in UK is high, so for him € 500.000 netto since 2014.

His company the article is referring to, is probably the one, who is handling his Barbour endorsement and his investment on EDA, John Valbonesi. And probably the one, who financed EDA gym in Glasgow (the 200.000 investment he paid back).

by Anonymousreply 410May 2, 2018 9:02 PM

I think these women on Tumblr have never been in relationships and have no idea how they work. It explains why they see nothing weird about any of Heughan's 'relations' with women.

Like with Amy Shiels - you don't just suddenly start hooking up a good friend you've known for over a decade. And if you do, you don't immediately dump her for a short lived fling with someone else. And if your romantic life really is that messy, you don't broadcast it to all your fans by RTing your attention seeking fuck buddy. And if Amy really was that hurt from rejection that she embarasses herself over SM pretending to be jealous of the other woman, why would she continue to go out with Sam the following nights, sitting on his lap smiling like the best of friends?! None of this is how attractive adults conduct relationships, or how real romantic feelings work. All that in addition to the anecdotal comments about him being gay, and his own tweets posted here... I mean...

Also R377, of course he could be bi. None of us can say for sure what gender/s he is/isn't attracted to. But I think tweets like 'nothing straight about my bat' and all this performance suggests he isn't into women though.

by Anonymousreply 411May 2, 2018 9:07 PM

R398 This thread is about GAY CLOSETED actor Sam Heughan. He is gay AND bearding so, of course we're going to talk about the beard and those who are supporting this PR charade, the shamzies. Don't like it?Don't read it.

As someone has said before, it seems you always try to derail this thread while you never add anything interesting.

Going back to topic. Sam being his adorable GAY SELF after the Stirling Marathon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412May 2, 2018 9:10 PM

R410 Thank you for the info, I'm shit at finances so your comment was a very welcome one

by Anonymousreply 413May 2, 2018 9:15 PM

[quote]Verys desperate Shamzie queen CO spent her whole day in her basement crawling thru her left over trash pictures of TB. The rest of the days she spent answering her selfwritten pseudo "anons" where she she can post the 30+ existing pics of Sam and TB. Who else then her and the other minion PDX with her multiple tumblr account the fuck still tries to sell this outdated "Sam ia straight narrative".

[quote] poor CO is so obsessed with Heughan, she has to regularly vomit praise for TB. She forgot to mention Daddy's a gun runner for Jesus...

For the newbies. Isn't it IRONIC that CO is actually suspecting that Sam is gay.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414May 2, 2018 11:07 PM

Weird, R414. Did she delete that post? What changed her mind into declaring that Sam can't be gay? Also Camuso dedicates a blog to discussing Sam's personal life but speculating on his sexuality is crossing the line? lol

by Anonymousreply 415May 2, 2018 11:32 PM

R415, Paul Camuso went after CO and forced her to backpedal:

CO, Purv, Camuso, MM , Shatner, Jennifer Allen, STARZ........all of them are connected.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416May 3, 2018 2:01 AM

you have some very disturbing emotional problems

by Anonymousreply 417May 3, 2018 2:11 AM

SHAMzie at R417.

Gay Sam for her:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418May 3, 2018 2:17 AM

r390 Didn’t you know, in the age of cyber technology, a ‘like’ on instagram is as good as a night of hot sex? Come on get with it !!

by Anonymousreply 419May 3, 2018 8:10 AM

That was interesting about the money, did he really invest that much in EDA? wow. Still no confirmation of season 5....Probably Barbour, MPC/EDA will make for a fine living anyway....

by Anonymousreply 420May 3, 2018 8:36 AM

R420 I was wondering the same. Plus, do EDA and MPC actually make money at all?

by Anonymousreply 421May 3, 2018 8:40 AM

MPC is registered America, so I’d imagine earnings from it would not channel through UK company. I expect Cairn Mor handles endorsements, Outlander and investment incomes from uk only. Creating a corporation is the first step any decent financial advisor would suggest for a person in his position, after hiring a good legal team. Tax efficient and protective. Regarding MPC’s potential, it could be grown into a global brand with merchandising, fitness equipment, branded foods etc., given the right investment, proper planning etc

by Anonymousreply 422May 3, 2018 9:06 AM

Also because MPC has the charity donation aspect (not actually a registered charity), it's highly tax efficient.

WRT EDA, it's a very popular gym in a relatively central location (after work etc). Members take their progress seriously, they also have other actor clients - it's a good money spinner I'd say. Re the investment (I don't know any specifics, just assuming what's been said here is correct £200k), it's not that phenomenal if you think about it. They may own the building (or at least the lease on it) - 200k would be swallowed up pretty quickly with that, then there's building fit out - 20-25k min, and kit. It all adds up.

by Anonymousreply 423May 3, 2018 9:31 AM

R422 Why is MPC registered in USA? Because of tax? R420 I think he's still making the most of OL. If it ends the money won't be that much

by Anonymousreply 424May 3, 2018 9:32 AM

Officially Sam isn't part of EDA, right? So I'm not sure he's making money out of it.

by Anonymousreply 425May 3, 2018 9:45 AM

r424 I assume for tax reasons. It’s important to remember, MPC isn’t a charity, it’s a business that donates a percentage of net profit (not gross income) to nominated charities. It’s run as a for profit business and hopefully will grow over the coming years. By all accounts it provides good value for money for its consumers. There is a concern, if outlander stops and Sam’s career doesn’t take off in the manner hoped, a not insignificant number of renewing members may drop off as they’re only there for the extra (yet very limited and highly controlled) access to Sam.

by Anonymousreply 426May 3, 2018 10:14 AM

r425 yes, I don't think he's officially involved, but believe he provided investment initially....only going on what's been said here

by Anonymousreply 427May 3, 2018 10:22 AM

R426 Sam can only hope that the peakers like him independently and not only for his OL role. When he was poor and unemployed actor, he was openly gay. The more money he has, the longer he'll stay in the closet. He said in an interview that he was expecting someone to come and take away all he has (money wise). Maybe he was joking, but I suppose he's afraid of losing all he has - followers, peakers, fans, endorsements if he comes out. That fear and the homophobia is killing gay people emotionally and physically all over the world.

by Anonymousreply 428May 3, 2018 10:34 AM

I am r410.

For the ones, interested about the financial issues.

Here we go, will be several posts.

Outlander payrolls

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429May 3, 2018 11:05 AM

From wikileaks: From: Luehrs, Dawn To: Hilary Benson ; David Brown (davidsb1@me.com) ; mailmichaelwilson@googlemail.com Cc: Clausen, Janel ; Calabrese, Kate ; Au, Aaron ; daniel.woods@aon.co.uk ; Nick Thomas Subject: FW: Outlander - International Coverage - Sony Policies/Procedures Date: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:20:29 PM Attachments: Outlander payroll numbers draft 1 26.06.13.xlsx ATT00001.htm Outlander Foreign Nationals TaxRev012613.xlsx Outlander Foreign Underwriting Questionnaire.doc Hello Outlander Family, Per Hilary’s e-mail of earlier today, attached are the documents we use to track international production information. Foreign Underwriting Form – gives underwriters a thumbnail sketch of General Liability, Auto Liability and Workers’ Comp exposures. It is submitted at the beginning of production with our best guesstimates, then trued up at the end of production with real numbers. · General/Public Liability – calculated on a weekly basis. It is broken down in three sections (pre/principal/post) to pick up the entire exposure. · Auto Liability –excess and difference in conditions coverage. Should be including our best guesstimate of all rented/leased/owned vehicles used in or on behalf of production · Workers’ Comp – covers US and Third Country Nationals not afforded coverage through a payroll service company. This would include any UK national travelling outside the UK. In addition, we have UK Employers’ Liability insurance covering all UK hires on payroll. Being the WC/Employers’ Liability piece is significant, suggest we track separately rather than trying to fill in a small little box on a form. We are not particular as to how you track the information, just that it is complete. If we use David’s sheet, will need to add a column for employee’s name and another for any UK national working outside the UK (WC reporting). If we use the last attachment, be sure to add a column for payroll. The last form I am attaching is one recently submitted on another production. Up to you whether or not you would like to use but we liked it because we had one form to track premium and individual’s name. Was a very helpful resource tool when it came to claims tracking. If we use that document, will need to add a column for payroll info. Highlight info shows who was paying. Would need to add a column for payroll if you use this one. Once we receive the completed form, we will submit to underwriters for issuing of an invoice. At the end of production. Suggest that we pay up front based on our guesses then wait for trial sometime next year. I won’t be in until late morning tomorrow, but I will be here the rest of the day so please feel free to reach out. ......d

by Anonymousreply 430May 3, 2018 11:11 AM

Sam is owner of his MPC Trademark. Could not find the original source.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431May 3, 2018 11:24 AM

From another source

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432May 3, 2018 11:26 AM

Via vraiety.com

Pays per episode before tax.

Sam Heughan tOutlander/Starz t$100,000

by Anonymousreply 433May 3, 2018 11:31 AM

If someone is interested in hiking and Sam lol 16th in UK, 17th will be available for the rest of the world

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434May 3, 2018 1:07 PM

I want to thank all who posted about the financial aspect of Sam's life. I really enjoy respectful and interesting discussions.

by Anonymousreply 435May 3, 2018 1:43 PM

r435. As I am one of those.

Interested readers are always welcome.

by Anonymousreply 436May 3, 2018 2:14 PM

Related: Not sure this Canadian article was ever posted, a searing indictment of Hollywood's historic abuse and exploitation of young actors who are even more vulnerable if they're gay...

[quote]Lipman says young actors are more susceptible to being victimized if they're gay. "The first step is kind of instilling this idea that you must be closeted," he says, because agents or managers who exploit gay actors also know that outing them could damage their career.

[quote]"It's an additional way to silence them because it's something that can be used against them if they were to speak out against their accuser, or to try to use their voice to challenge what happened. It's almost like grooming them."

[quote]The threat to his career kept Lipman quiet for a decade. "Because the threat of being blacklisted and the threat of being outed was very, very real, I think that really speaks to this imbalance of power within the industry. It just creates a really perfect breeding ground for predators, because of that imbalance of power."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437May 3, 2018 2:54 PM

After feeding the samcait shippers, now they're pandering the other side.

Sam and Cait have liked the 'amazing' beard's posts.....lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438May 3, 2018 6:43 PM

r438. And wtf cares here about that anylonger? PR Business, the ones on duty are doing their jobs on the public accounts.

by Anonymousreply 439May 3, 2018 7:00 PM

R438 I don't get what Cait's role is in this circus.

by Anonymousreply 440May 3, 2018 7:02 PM

Basically, Balfe threw the showmance under the bus and effed-up Heughan's glass closeting game, so now she owes him.

by Anonymousreply 441May 3, 2018 7:16 PM

r440. Doing her job? She was presenting Haute Couture in her first life, now she became an actress. r441. Probably right

by Anonymousreply 442May 3, 2018 7:20 PM

Hhaah Mila Kunis joke about Kate and Sam love affair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443May 3, 2018 7:23 PM

r443. Please for me and the other not mother tongue english. WTF they are talking about and signing and pointing and...

Please!

by Anonymousreply 444May 3, 2018 8:14 PM

R443 Basically they were talking about Sam being very fit. He ran (shirtless) all the time while they were filming in Budapest. Mila decided to throw a joke about Kate and Sam having a love affair. Impossible, because Kate is openly gay. But it's even funnier for us with Sam being gay as well, though in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 445May 3, 2018 8:21 PM

r445. Thanks. But what was Kate showing with her fingers? Something small or something like a tight vagina, or something completly other?

I understood, that they were playing with words..

by Anonymousreply 446May 3, 2018 8:27 PM

R446 The interviewer was wondering why Sam didn't have any shirtless scenes in the spy movie (fucking dumb question) and Kate said there was tiny bit where you could see his skin and she touched her own shirt. BTW Kate made those "excited" when asked about Sam.

by Anonymousreply 447May 3, 2018 8:33 PM

The PR word on the street at Lionsgate must be “push Hetero Heughan.”

by Anonymousreply 448May 3, 2018 9:08 PM

All this scenery is getting boring and exhausting.

All the involved persons are running in a kind of self sustaining circles. Including us here.

The Samcait addicted are still celebrating Sam in his bed with Balfes cat. The Shamzies are recycling again and again those rarely existing pics of gay Sam Heughan and TB.

Meanwhile Sam Heughan, Caitriona Balfe, Richard Rankin and the two female leads from his new movie are happily spreading the news on their public SM, that Sam Heughan is gay.

by Anonymousreply 449May 3, 2018 9:25 PM

[quote]Basically, Balfe threw the showmance under the bus and effed-up Heughan's glass closeting game, so now she owes him.

True. Sam didn't want to do that denial interview in EOnline. He feels much more comfortable and happy with 'beard' Caitriona but after that denial, he was forced to find a new fake gf...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450May 3, 2018 10:23 PM

R449 true.

Let's wait and see what he'll be tweeting after the 2nd marathon when he's had some wisky....

by Anonymousreply 451May 4, 2018 8:19 AM

Thanks R450 and thanks to everyone who posted interesting related articles in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 452May 4, 2018 8:20 AM

I really like Sam's natural accent. Looks like he's trying to soften in for the general public.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453May 4, 2018 10:07 AM

I don't think he's trying to soften it, I think he has lived so many places that after a while you lose some of your accent until you are back home or with others that have the same accent. I'm a transplant and have lost most of my natural accent but once I go back to where I was raised I fall right back in with my accent.

by Anonymousreply 454May 4, 2018 10:32 AM

For me, this hiking clip/pics show the real, adorable Sam. Natural, outdoor man, passionate about his country. Not the 20something LA/HW partly photoshopped hipster. This is his real face, and I mean face, and I love it.

by Anonymousreply 455May 4, 2018 10:33 AM

I think R453 is right, he tries to speak understandable for everyone. He talks differently in public than with other Scots.

by Anonymousreply 456May 4, 2018 10:34 AM

R455 Ditto. I find him adorable and appealing.

by Anonymousreply 457May 4, 2018 10:42 AM

[quote]Hhaah Mila Kunis joke about Kate and Sam love affair.

There's that same heteronormative ignorance that any gay or lesbian can just turn bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 458May 4, 2018 2:46 PM

R441. I’m not sure it’s fair to blame Balfe for “throwing him under the bus”. Certainly she played up the chemistry to publicise the show, perhaps a bit too heavily handed, but was she contracted to beard him? Probably not. She never once said they were together. She was in a relationship with a boyfriend who allegedly was becoming increasingly uncomfortable with the situation, clearly a serious as they’re now engaged, and pushed for a denial interview. I can see her side here and the boyfriends. Sam had used friends before, that he was comfortable with, and now appears to have contracted out rather more uncomfortably.

by Anonymousreply 459May 4, 2018 3:43 PM

We've been over this. Both Heughan and Balfe overplayed the showmance, but while it lasted they got paid nicely for it in fan worship, boosting their own, Starz and the show's popularity.

by Anonymousreply 460May 4, 2018 4:25 PM

He just uses all the women around him and doesn't seem to care when it gets uncomfortable for them or when they get abused by his fans.

by Anonymousreply 461May 4, 2018 9:00 PM

That's the interesting thing about closeting in the age of SM. It's harder to hide behind beards, nowadays. Maybe if the downsides outweigh the benefits, fewer Hollywood-wannabe starlets will go up for the job and we can eventually say buh-bye to this homophobic practice.

by Anonymousreply 462May 4, 2018 9:31 PM

Hhmmm. Interesting thoughts r461 and r462. Gay Sam Heughan is not the only victim in those games. He made others victims too.

by Anonymousreply 463May 4, 2018 9:58 PM

Again I am walking on thing ice. But in the moment I am sure, we wont see TB again in the very near future in Sams life.

Just for the records:

NYC pap walk in September, posted in October on JJ. Taxi line pic in Glasgow and VF pre Oscar Party with the photoshopped pic from their next party (vulgo photo op).

I am still saying, that TB and gay actor Sam Heughan spent maximum 12 hours in the same room and place in the last eight months.

I have also had a long distance relationsship in Europe, long before Skype and Facetime.

Hunting and running for the last flight to Paris every Friday evening. Taking the first flight (the for some reason called red eye flights) out of Paris on very early Monday mornings. Directly going to the office.

Done that for two years. The relationship ended because of a couple of other reasons.

In my opinion gay actor Sam Heughan may have a kind of penpal friendship with TB. Well the modern times equivalent.

by Anonymousreply 464May 4, 2018 10:46 PM

R464 That’s why I don’t get how people can this is real. How do people think this is a real relationship that she would actually want? One with so little physical contact? When she does see him, it’s only for a few days and there’s always a whirlwind of activity and things they are doing. When they’re not together, he’s working 14 hour days, working out, charity gigs, cons, Barbour, rugby games, etc, etc, etc. and when you figure in the time difference, when is there really time to be in contact? Besides that, sexting and Skyping sex is supposed to be a spice in your relationship, not the main course. In reality it would be completely unsatisfying and I would hate it if my daughter were in this type of relationship no matter how sexy and nice the guy is.

by Anonymousreply 465May 4, 2018 11:16 PM

The beard is not a victim here.

Thanks to be 'linked' to Sam, she has got more publicity and exposure in PR articles, free trips, Oscar parties, gifts, more SM following- she had only 3,000 followers and now, she has almost 24,000.

And IG just gave her the blue tick.

by Anonymousreply 466May 4, 2018 11:46 PM

So very well said, r466. Bearding and closeting certainly does create victims, far too many of them, but TB is not one of them - photo opportunities, media coverage, SM followers, travel, networking avenues - even the abuse she has attracted fro immature shippers seems to just give her the attention she craves. Some time ago, a wonderful gay friend who was involved in a discreet long term relationship agreed to retreat right into the shadows as his RL partner embarked on bearding for career reasons (unexpected promotion opportunities had arisen). He has found it very difficult to watch from the sidelines and deal with the loneliness and heartache but he stays because he loves his partner. Now HE is a real victim, even though he did make the choice to go along with it. Unfortunately this evil system looks like it will continue for the foreseeable future and will create more real victims, not wannabe leeches who just help perpetuate the system against those who can really get hurt.

by Anonymousreply 467May 4, 2018 11:50 PM

Yeah, I know she benefits and probably doesn't care if she's keeping this thing going, but the intensity and sheer volume of hate she gets online is terrifying and I would be genuinely scared that some of these crazies would try to hurt me or my family if I was her. They are that unhinged. Sam doesn't get of that abuse, and doesn't seem to care about it when asked. The previous 3 beards got the same harassment so he knew exactly what he would be exposing the next woman to. I don't see him as a victim either.

Exactly, R465, I don't get how anyone can think spending so little time together is normal. I guess most don't pay enough attention to care, and the few that do have little experience of relationships. I wonder how much longer they are going to keep this going.

by Anonymousreply 468May 5, 2018 1:15 AM

Ping, ping, ping......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469May 5, 2018 1:38 AM

[quote]The previous 3 beards got the same harassment so he knew exactly what he would be exposing the next woman to.

It's not just harassment; the beards have to keep their real relationships on the down low, too, and straight guys, don't take kindly to playing the silent partner.

by Anonymousreply 470May 5, 2018 1:53 AM

Recent fanpic...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471May 5, 2018 2:14 AM

Sam has cancelled his appearance at the Rome con next week. Postponed for June. Let's hope its not beard related...

by Anonymousreply 472May 5, 2018 8:12 AM

read that R472 and he will return in June so they're gonna do a special Sam convention because he can't make it?? it seems kind of strange.

R471 *ping*

by Anonymousreply 473May 5, 2018 2:59 PM

Because he canceled for the same event last year as well. Two years in a row, people paid plenty to book reservations to snuggle up on Sam and he cancels. And he's not going to cancel a paid event for his own PR. I think the winter this year really messed with the production schedule.

by Anonymousreply 474May 5, 2018 3:38 PM

R474 Yes, they have 3 more episodes to shoot - 2 weeks per episode.

by Anonymousreply 475May 5, 2018 4:08 PM

r474. Sounds logical. And no, he will not cancel a paid appearance due to not OL related stuff.

They Fans would have nailed him to the wall, and he is very well aware of it.

What makes me again predict that S4 will be the last:

The hurrying from production to finish everything in time, the very tight schedule appearing now and being followed to. Brexit is coming. No more money from the EU. Visa and pass problems.

by Anonymousreply 476May 5, 2018 9:05 PM

Back to topic...Love it when Cait completely outs him and people just dont get it... For example her recent exchange with Cree.

by Anonymousreply 477May 5, 2018 9:09 PM

Yeah plus the story becomes a lot less interesting from the fourth book onwards. It will be very hard to adapt.

by Anonymousreply 478May 5, 2018 9:12 PM

Cree is my hero, haha

by Anonymousreply 479May 5, 2018 9:19 PM

[quote]Cait completely outs him and people just dont get it... For example her recent exchange with Cree.

Looks like she's outing Cree, here...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480May 5, 2018 9:31 PM

r480. Ahem. Someone may be so kind and explain JIM to the dumb german PR specialist?

Please. Hurry!

by Anonymousreply 481May 5, 2018 9:36 PM

What shes saying is the he got a blister on hi ass from a guy named JIM and it wasnt from doing sit ups. She loves to out these guys

by Anonymousreply 482May 5, 2018 9:39 PM

Ah. The first part was clear. So JIM is just a guy, OK.

But Steven was labeled straight, even here.

by Anonymousreply 483May 5, 2018 9:42 PM

Interesting that Shamzies and Samcait are so quiet those days.

Recycling old pics, or using new twitters?

r477. Yep. How blind can anyone be?

My personal favour of the week was CO or the other minions to explain, that gay actor Sam Heughan is straight.....because he acted so belviable in the chemistry test.

Hey fangirls, who were you raised?

by Anonymousreply 484May 5, 2018 10:06 PM

R483, true, I don't think anyone's said that Cree is gay. I mean, I don't know, but fwiw, he's married to a woman, a casting director in the UK, and there have not been rumors here or anywhere that I've seen about him being gay.

by Anonymousreply 485May 5, 2018 10:14 PM

[quote]Interesting that Shamzies and Samcait are so quiet those days.

SHAMzie Troll #2-CO- is receiving messages like these ones, lol

[quote]“Hi, sorry I am a little confused. Is your blog an Outlander/Sam/Cait blog or Mackenzie Mauzy, since Mauzy is all you talk about. I am not a shipper, but I like Outlander, and I like your blog, but some times, its little too much Mauzy. I don’t really know her and I don’t like nor dislike her, but I am curious what is your fascination with her. Just asking. Thanks, have a nice weekend.”

[quote]"Can you name 10 of your favorite performances of Mackenzie Mauzy? They even can be from the only important movie she has ever done, 5 years ago. You must be her biggest fan from all over the world and I would love to know what makes you a fan as well of the 20 thousand followers she got after she was linked with Sam Heughan. No offense to any of you, I'm only trying really hard to understand this admiration who helped her to gain a blue checked account and consequently upcoming money from ads"

by Anonymousreply 486May 5, 2018 10:22 PM

R486. THANK YOU! This is GOLDEN! This little charade is coming apart at the seams for them all. . FFS, SAM! Open your eyes! Get out! Be the the guy that you were born to be. You’re perfect just the way you are. Hollywood is a disgusting monster and you’re feeding those toxic jaws. SMH

by Anonymousreply 487May 5, 2018 11:35 PM

Related: As 'N Sync accepts their star on the HW Walk of Fame, Lance Bass addresses gay fans about his decision to closet...

[quote]"The other thing I want to say here today is something I’ve been trying to put into words maybe my whole life. Growing up in Mississippi and in a Southern Baptist church, in a town where everyone knows your business, I had a secret: I was gay," Bass continued, prompting Joey Fatone to adorably feign shock. "Yes guys, I’m gay! I am! And at the time, I thought that I would never be able to tell anyone because not only was I terrified of the lasting rejection -- I was certain that that would happen -- but more than that I didn’t want to jeopardize the careers of these guys up here, much less the hundreds of amazing people who worked tirelessly to bring *NSYNC to the world."

[quote]"I thought if I had come out, *NSYNC would be over. So I kept my secret. And our wildest dreams were coming true and we were so incredibly thankful -- and I still am. But so many nights onstage, I’d see so many young, gay fans singing their hearts out and I wanted so badly to let you know, I was you. I just didn’t have the strength then," he said. "But I do today and so let me say loud and proud to all my LGBT brothers and sisters, who embrace me and show me the way to be who I am, thank you so much."

[quote]"A star on this boulevard is more than just an honor, it’s a lasting reminder of all the artists from all the colors of the rainbow that your voice matters. And I am truly humbled and honored to be a part of that legacy is some small way," he said, going on to give shout-outs to his family and loved ones, many of whom were present. "Thank you Mom, Dad, everyone, my gorgeous husband, Michael [Turchin], my in-laws, thank you so much for being here. I love you guys!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488May 6, 2018 12:37 AM

Should just say I Like Balls

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489May 6, 2018 12:54 AM

I accidentally came across TB today in an episode of "Law and Order" from 2009 which I had somehow missed, and I've always been a big fan of that show. I had never managed to sit completely through anything else TB had ever been in, including the fairy-tale movie. Boy, was she terrible! I had some takeaways about her: 1) She is really cross-eyed; I mean, really. There were two close-ups of her face - one right after the other of the same head-on shot. Her eyes were even more obviously crossed than in most of her still photos. 2) Her hair had been so heavily treated and permed it looked like tangled straw, and 3) She REALLY can't act. She was almost affect-less throughout her performance (she played the wife of a lost soldier and the mother of their murdered baby), except for her unfortunate tendency to grimace at inappropriately random times. I also noticed this grimacing in the only 10 minutes I could stand to watch of that awful Canadian rape-hostage TV movie she made a couple of years ago. The whole impression of her as an actress was stunningly bad. I bring this up to reinforce the questions that were quoted above on CO's Tumblr and to suggest that TB's lack of any real acting jobs over the last several years may not primarily be due to her "laziness," or to her preferring to "sponge" off Sam. It might just be that she's proven to be such a lousy actress over those years that practically no one will hire her any more.

by Anonymousreply 490May 6, 2018 2:52 AM

The point being... it's inconceivable that Heughan, his career or his brand would benefit from hooking up with this D-lister.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491May 6, 2018 3:38 AM

It'll be interesting to see who's next in the bearding bullpen when this one outlives her usefulness.

by Anonymousreply 492May 6, 2018 3:48 AM

[quote]it's inconceivable that Heughan, his career or his brand would benefit from hooking up with this D-lister

Seriously! You need beards who can bring something to the table, like I did, as Janet Jackson's backup dancer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493May 6, 2018 3:54 AM

SHAMzie Troll #1 keeps trying.........

Anonymous asked: I wonder if Sam is in the US, or if they’re still doing night shoots. His recent IG post was around 4 am I’m time, I think.

P-Redux.- "Not sure, Anon. Some are saying that they finished filming the last block already, and had a table read yesterday at the studio. Sam being on 4:15 am UK time on a Saturday night seems strange. So either they’re still filming and on a Saturday night (which is rare) OR they’re on break, and Sam is not in the UK, hence he’s not posting on IG at 4:15 am UK time, and is in a DIFFERENT time zone. Coincidentally, Mackenzie liked some vacation site on IG I’m told…so maybe Samzie is somewhere together or at least planning their next vacation. We shall see."

by Anonymousreply 494May 6, 2018 4:26 AM

R494 how come she is not sure, does her "source"not talk to her anymore

R493 oh great now she can be SH's beard....pffff....when does al this end

by Anonymousreply 495May 6, 2018 11:16 AM

R494 Maybe he went to a party, enjoying himself and he went to bed after 5 am. He isn't 80 ffs and clearly he's living his life without his "GF"

by Anonymousreply 496May 6, 2018 2:23 PM

Sam's fanbase is mostly made up of women that are in love with his character who is madly in love with his wife. There is a hatred for the source material ,with all its admitted faults, on this site. Women fantasize about Jamie ,Sam is his just the vehicle in the show. Sam ,when not in Jamie mode, has very a feminine way about him. Sam has two fan bases, gays that lust for Sam but hate the show and want him to come out and mostly hetero women that love the show and are fine with his private life. The two groups can coexist. At the moment this show is part of his brand ,and playing macho Jamie is the gig. Like many others here have stated,Sam probably feels he would do harm to that brand and future work if he came out. Hard choices,and not ones that have chosen to come out have had great success at. It is sad, but many people for the sake of their careers hide who they really are. Public face vs private face, two very different things.

by Anonymousreply 497May 6, 2018 2:54 PM

To some level I understand but how far do you want to evolve as a person, what does integrity mean....That's the core of all this misery not just for SH. Money is worth more than dreams, integrity, dreams, justice, love etc. I realise it's philosophical but to me it feels like the rotten core of our society. I hate to see its ugly face again and again.

by Anonymousreply 498May 6, 2018 3:26 PM

Nicely said, R498. There are those of us who see it and speak out against it.

by Anonymousreply 499May 6, 2018 3:33 PM

R490 I watched her in Forever before the Sam thing and thought she was fine. Very pretty. I think most guys would find her very sexy, more so than someone like Caitriona, so I think her and Sam would be a believable match if he were straight. He needs to beard with an actress because ordinary women have no incentive to commit to the charade. And I'm sure it isn't actually all that easy to find an attractive actress who would commit to it either. Can't imagine you'll be taken seriously in the industry if everyone knows you're a paid beard.

by Anonymousreply 500May 6, 2018 3:35 PM

Yeah, I do think it would hurt his brand if he came out, I don't know if it's homophobia exactly but women support his businesses because they are in love with him. If they knew he were gay they wouldn't develop that sexual fixation. They'd find some other actor to fantasise over.

I also think he's hard to cast. He's got 'hunk' good looks that are probably too distracting in anything that isn't a leading man role. Those jobs go to more ordinary looking men. So he's left with the romantic male interest or leading man, which are competitive and more need to look straight to even be considered.

by Anonymousreply 501May 6, 2018 3:51 PM

TB alert "Girls Night Out" is on Lifetime at noon EST today. 15 minutes from now. It is one of the worse Lifetime movies I have ever seen, and that is saying a lot. Sam was pretty bad in Hallmark's Princess for Christmas as well. Sam has stepped up his game, she has not. Perhaps that is why he is employed and she is not.

by Anonymousreply 502May 6, 2018 3:51 PM

She is unemployed because acting is an incredibly hard profession to be successful in. Sam would unemployed now if it wasn't for pure luck in the right role coming his way.

by Anonymousreply 503May 6, 2018 3:57 PM

R503 She's unemployed because she's not that good of an actress. Plus she has a self entitled attitude JMO

by Anonymousreply 504May 6, 2018 4:07 PM

Plenty of talented actors are also unemployed. There are too few jobs and too many people auditioning. Being successful in acting is about pure luck, not talent.

by Anonymousreply 505May 6, 2018 4:10 PM

I also don't know how I would rate Sam's acting skills. Some of his scenes are really hammy, but that could be because the material is bad. He's lucky that he found a role that was a perfect fit, but I haven't seen how versatile he can be.

by Anonymousreply 506May 6, 2018 4:16 PM

R506 He was challenged the most in the beginning of s3 and I liked him a lot. He has very expressive face and eyes. I'm curious to see him in a slightly less dramatic role. Let's wait for the spy movie. But drama and tragedy he's good at.

by Anonymousreply 507May 6, 2018 5:30 PM

Lol so he went to NYC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508May 6, 2018 5:34 PM

Yeah R507 I agree he's good with tragedy. Some of the sex scenes towards the end of the series were so corny it was embarassing to watch. Poor guy needs better material. I'm also curious to see him in the spy movie.

by Anonymousreply 509May 6, 2018 5:44 PM

R509 Keep in mind, some of the scenes are rewritten. The book version is worse.

by Anonymousreply 510May 6, 2018 5:56 PM

R508 Jeez, he looks bad and tired.

by Anonymousreply 511May 6, 2018 6:00 PM

Haha it's true the book is even worse. I don't envy how they will adapt the next series.

by Anonymousreply 512May 6, 2018 6:01 PM

R511 yes my god...what is he doing to himself....

by Anonymousreply 513May 6, 2018 6:03 PM

R513 Let's see - he's shooting 14h a day, goes to the gym 6 times a week, runs a marathon, does Barbour photoshoots, flies across the ocean, than he is back shooting 14h a day, goes to the gym, runs another marathon. Repeat...He's killing himself.

by Anonymousreply 514May 6, 2018 6:07 PM

[quote] Sam has two fan bases, gays that lust for Sam but hate the show and want him to come out and mostly hetero women that love the show and are fine with his private life.

Uh no, R497, please spare us the sermonizing and stereotyping of gays who post here. You said you were "a grandma" so that tells me you're pontificating about a group to which you don't even belong. Please stick to what you know or pose it as a question that someone may actually answer so you can educate yourself. Oh, and if you want to be DL useful, ask your daughter-in-law's PR friend for details.

by Anonymousreply 515May 6, 2018 6:13 PM

He's clearly uncomfortable with the HW part of his job - the parties etc. He looks so out of place.

by Anonymousreply 516May 6, 2018 6:18 PM

Looks like a good party to line up a new beard

by Anonymousreply 517May 6, 2018 6:21 PM

[quote][R508] Jeez, he looks bad and tired.

Christ, he could use a dusting of powder, at least. He looks tired and greasy and someone had the nerve to smear their makeup on his lapel.

by Anonymousreply 518May 6, 2018 6:23 PM

Does he have bruises on his face? WTH has he been doing?

by Anonymousreply 519May 6, 2018 6:25 PM

He looked better after he ran 42 km marathon XD

by Anonymousreply 520May 6, 2018 6:29 PM

I feel for him....sorry... hope he doesn't have to meet TB too.

by Anonymousreply 521May 6, 2018 6:33 PM

[quote]he could use a dusting of powder

When you have shiny 'tox head, you always need a dusting of powder.

by Anonymousreply 522May 6, 2018 6:35 PM

Maybe he bruised himself while trying to escape from TB. Joke aside, he looks drained.

by Anonymousreply 523May 6, 2018 6:38 PM

[quote] Sam Heughan flashes his winning smile at the Harry Josh Pro Tools 5th Anniversary Celebration during a Pre-Met Gal Party at the Public Hotel

Who the fuck is Harry Josh? And "Pre-Met Gal" party? Last time I checked it was "gala." Jennifer Allen must've really pushed to get Heughan's face on a gossip site. JJJ didn't even have time to proofread. And who's ever heard of this guy's hair products? Looks like all the unimportant people were there for a desperate publicity grab.

by Anonymousreply 524May 6, 2018 6:44 PM

R524 Fucking D-list party. BTW he was sick while running the marathon. He still looks sick

by Anonymousreply 525May 6, 2018 6:53 PM

He was sick running the marathon? Holy McFuck. That's seriously nuts and not a good look for the head fitness charity.

by Anonymousreply 526May 6, 2018 7:06 PM

R526 He told reporters he had a cold. He's constantly shooting while being sick. Sick and jetlagged and voila he looks like crap. Justin Theroux was there as well. So it might has something to do with the spy movie.

by Anonymousreply 527May 6, 2018 7:12 PM

DL never stereo types anyone.

by Anonymousreply 528May 6, 2018 8:01 PM

Flying across the ocean to attend a D-list party...perhaps another sign not Season 5 and he's thinks he's got to go to everything and anything to network for his next gig. I bet the makeup stains are from the beard pressing her face into his chest.

by Anonymousreply 529May 6, 2018 8:04 PM

Justin Theroux was at the same party. Justin iworks with Sam in The Spy Who Dumped Me.

Now the question is if there is also a staged pap walk with the beard coming.....

by Anonymousreply 530May 6, 2018 8:12 PM

Maybe TB is in NYC doing planning for the charity event on the 18th? Surely he's not staying for the Met Gala? Harry Josh makes hair tools, apparently he throws this PreMet Party every year.

by Anonymousreply 531May 6, 2018 8:13 PM

[quote]DL never stereo types anyone.

R528, this is not a blog and DL is not one person. If you have an issue, take it up with the individual poster. Meanwhile, we reserve the right to call you on yours.

by Anonymousreply 532May 6, 2018 8:19 PM

Shamzie troll alert @ R531

by Anonymousreply 533May 6, 2018 8:26 PM

MET gala is for A listers, not C,D listers. One seat costs 45k dollars

by Anonymousreply 534May 6, 2018 8:35 PM

Yes, you have to be the Sarah Jessica Parker or the Pope to get in the MET Gala

by Anonymousreply 535May 6, 2018 8:37 PM

HaHaa wrong, definitely not a Shamzie troll, I have only posted here maybe twice, I was just speculating if they may send her to NYC but I think he probably has to be back for filming.

by Anonymousreply 536May 6, 2018 8:37 PM

I think we can agree that Heughan looks not only unwell, but like a fish out of water. Nice work, JA. Here's hoping Heughan gets well soon and back to the gym for some serious twerking...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537May 6, 2018 8:40 PM

And for the record. No TB.

Wonder where this will go. And for what purpose?

by Anonymousreply 538May 6, 2018 8:52 PM

R538, just like it happened at the Golden Globes pre-party? No beard and Sam quickly coming back to Glasgow...

by Anonymousreply 539May 6, 2018 9:02 PM

r539. Flying First class makes travelling muchh easier, once tried it myself. By the way, not OK concerning substainability. Really not good.

My bet and prediction: No S 5. And Sam trying to squeeze out the most he can of OL.

Flying to NYC to attend a Party? What for? He is 38, he has probably had joined many really good private parties in his life.

Duncan lives in Glasgow.

by Anonymousreply 540May 6, 2018 9:14 PM

Balfe was at the Met Gala year before last. I think it was part of the publicity runup (including Cannes) for "Money Monster." NYC was chock-a-block with pre Met Gala parties this weekend, almost all of which were considerably more classy and prestigious than the one Sam went to. If this was the best his PR could do, they are failing him. Duh! But what can you expect from a "PR" strategy that begins and ends with trying to make Sam look hetero? And don't give me the argument that Sam would have been perfectly OK if he'd flown first class. No body his size does well for any length of time in any airline seating ever invented; and may people just can't get rest on a long flight, period. Those trips are not compatible with the human body.

If Sam flew all that way on that tight turnaround for a sketchy party and DIDN'T meet TB for the usual publicity photos it's a huge red flag about their "relationship." I agree he looks completely drained. Wonder how long he had been off the plane before he had to get to that "party." At least he wore a better looking and fitting outfit than the schmatta he had on at that Pre-Emmy panel in LA a while back (where TB also did not show up). The suit fit better and he had better footwear.

Also, isn't "Just Jared" just the pits?? I know Sam is amigos with Jared What's-His-Name, but honestly, your average high school newspaper has more journalistic integrity and better production values.

by Anonymousreply 541May 6, 2018 9:38 PM

r541. I had a look at the links. Sorry, I am german and somethings have to be explained for me.

Gay actor Sam Heughan was attending a sponsored by a "Hair tool pro" Party? I am getting that right?

Well. Reminds me on the Mondays (the usual day off in Germany for hairdressers), all the male gay hairdressers hanging around in the clothless Sauna and steambath and the Whirlpool at Königstherme close to Augsburg. This Whirlpool was probably the best place to get pregnant with out having sex.

Is there still anybody out there, who questions his real life?

by Anonymousreply 542May 6, 2018 9:56 PM

I hope this sighting of Sam in NY -WITHOUT the beard- is true:

[quote]"Her daughter and a friend saw Sam today at the Ritz Clareton at Central Park West. He was exiting the premises with a woman in sweats, short and a little on the chubby side, very Light brownish hair with wisps of blonde streaks. She had bags and walked wijt him outside. This was at 5:52pm today. He was talking with her that he didn’t have time for a massage maybe another time, that he only got the facial. He then left the hotel with her in tow. Of course my friend knows the adjacent and showed 5 pics of her to her daughter and I did too vía WhatsApp and they both pointed out a NO."

by Anonymousreply 543May 7, 2018 12:11 AM

Facials are good...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544May 7, 2018 1:18 AM

Sam has been seen in NY with his stylist Melissa so I don't think he got that kind of facial......lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545May 7, 2018 1:26 AM

R545 So we can expect another Johnny Bravo hairstyle

by Anonymousreply 546May 7, 2018 5:07 AM

From the looks of her IG, everyone she styles gets the same silly pompadour.

by Anonymousreply 547May 7, 2018 6:10 AM

what's up with him....he should start thinking of his mental and physical health instead of his career. I swear he's going to have a burn out soon.

by Anonymousreply 548May 7, 2018 8:28 AM

He looked fresher at the finishing line of the marathon. Dirty stained jacket. Suspicious marks on his face. Looked like he hadn’t slept for three weeks. Perhaps pissed too. Not a good look if you’re hawkin your wares at a networking event. He’s usually better presented. Suits can be a bit on the neat side and hair can be sky high, but he usually looks like an effort’s been made.

by Anonymousreply 549May 7, 2018 12:47 PM

R508. OMG! Sammy, please! This is going to kill you. You’re loved. This shit show isn’t t worth it. Invest your hard earned money well and move on. Get out of that closet. Be you. Your real fans will support you exactly the way you are, wherever you are. This is getting worse every day. Heartbreaking....

by Anonymousreply 550May 7, 2018 2:41 PM

r550. Desperate Shamzies waiting for gay Sam Heughan to show up with TB on the Met Gala tonight. Seriously? 600 A+ plus listers pax handpicked by Her Majesty Anna Vintour.

Him being before at a hairblower selling guy Party.

by Anonymousreply 551May 7, 2018 3:18 PM

Hm, interesting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552May 7, 2018 3:53 PM

R552 Welp, that means someone paid the bucks so he can be there.

by Anonymousreply 553May 7, 2018 3:57 PM

R551 This isn’t a joke anymore. Who are these insane crazy people that are camping at the Met Gala waiting for a couple that doesn’t exist. That sweet gorgoues boy will be another tragic HW story if this charade doesn’t end. He looks horrible. Sad blue eyes. I can’t watch anymore.

For the record, $45,000 a seat is the price tag for the MG. It’s not a free party.

by Anonymousreply 554May 7, 2018 3:58 PM

I stand corrected. There’s evidence that the parade will be at the MG after all. $45,000 a seat. Wonder who shelled out for that.

by Anonymousreply 555May 7, 2018 4:02 PM

Ughh...and it sounds like the beard gets to go. She'll be woefully out of place.

by Anonymousreply 556May 7, 2018 4:16 PM

Well. We were wondering why he looked so shit! Here’s the answer...

by Anonymousreply 557May 7, 2018 4:26 PM

did you miss this in the IG comment?

📸: @mackenziemauzy (thanks girl! Hope you have fun at the Met Gala tonight 😘)

by Anonymousreply 558May 7, 2018 4:35 PM

Fine! SH & MM, if you’re the real couple that you claim to be and SH is a straight as they get, SHOW US! Prove our theories (backed by tons of historical-before-fame-evidence) wrong. Move her to Scotland, by a home together in HW. Ger that ring. Get married. Have kids. Go solidly public without the PR minions dictating you. If this is true love, prove us wrong in every way possible... Do it! I’ll gladly admit my presumptions and eat the crow you serve. This is totally insane.

by Anonymousreply 559May 7, 2018 4:38 PM

R558 I find it all sooooo strange....why does that lady mention TB on IG? if TB was there then why no photos? Also: hope you have fun...not hope the two of you have fun... Strange. It it just me?

by Anonymousreply 560May 7, 2018 5:02 PM

R560 Not just you. The post suggests TB is going, but not Sam. Very weird.

by Anonymousreply 561May 7, 2018 5:09 PM

R559 I get you passion. And your right, but this is HW. The dark side of the glam. SH & MM will continue this show until it is no ol ger needed. Right now it is necessary. I agree though, if they are solid couple and we are wrong, it’s about time they step up.

by Anonymousreply 562May 7, 2018 5:10 PM

Actors get invited to the Met Gala. I doubt he is paying for a ticket.

by Anonymousreply 563May 7, 2018 5:38 PM

Most likely the ticket is related to promotion for the movie this summer - they're ramping up now.

As for TB - obviously he is hoping the movie is a hit, and leads to more HW film roles - and he's going for the hetero hunk roles and not quirky indie ones. He needs to keep up appearances (even if everyone in the room knows it's appearances - bearding and gay actors is not exactly an uncommon scenario). He needs to show he can market himself as Hunky Hetero Heughan; the reality doesn't matter. It is interesting though to see how the seams and pins show so much more with these marketing scenarios in the social media age.

R559. It does seem insane from a normal person's perspective, but this is HW. We're not going to change anything from the cheap seats; we just take note and comment. Change will take courage on the part of the actors and others in the business, just as it took courage for all those actors of both genders to challenge Weinstein, Spacey and the other abusers. That moment will come - eventually. My guess with Sam is 5-10 years from now, depending on his career arc.

by Anonymousreply 564May 7, 2018 5:55 PM

Then why doesn't his PR set him up with a tall, regal beauty who can elevate his image -- even if it's just a one-night date? The Met Gala is a big step up for him. Plenty of women would LOVE to attend. Why stick with an escort who is so unclassy and ordinary looking?

by Anonymousreply 565May 7, 2018 6:01 PM

r60 It is very odd. This woman seems to have her pic taken with every celeb going. Could she be another paid shill? If not she must spend her life camped outside every HW event . What a weird existence!

by Anonymousreply 566May 7, 2018 6:12 PM

From the 'fan' IG:

[quote]dressingeliza: How do you always find hiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmm?

by Anonymousreply 567May 7, 2018 6:20 PM

[quote]Most likely the ticket is related to promotion for the movie this summer - they're ramping up now.

Caitriona Balfe was invited to the Met Gala before Money Monster was released.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568May 7, 2018 6:24 PM

Mackenzie isn't ordinary looking. She's the girl straight men would want to fuck, not tall regal beauties. If the goal is to look straight it's better to have the same girl than a different model for every event.

by Anonymousreply 569May 7, 2018 6:27 PM

MM has no buzz. No one attending this uber networking/look-at-me, look-at-me event is thinking, "Wow, SH is with MM." That's what this event is about.

by Anonymousreply 570May 7, 2018 6:32 PM

Because the bar is so low (“not gay”) any blonde female will do.

by Anonymousreply 571May 7, 2018 6:38 PM

+1, R569 and R571. You have to consider the goals here. The #1 goal here is to sell Hetero Heughan (or to show that he can sell that image for the unwashed masses, since the gay/beard strategy is an open secret in HW). Other actors might have a goal of being seen with a big movie star. He's selling the idea of a girlfriend, so consistency matters. Nothing says glass-closet gay more than showing up on the red carpets with a succession of extremely beautiful women. Whereas showing up with someone reasonably pretty and blonde and fuckable, over and over? That's trying to say girlfriend. Even better, a girlfriend who won't overshadow him at all. He'll be posting red carpet photos of himself, just like he always does.

by Anonymousreply 572May 7, 2018 6:44 PM

R566, R567 - who knows if the IG fan is a paid shill .... I doubt that, but it's certainly true that Sam's PR people have used fans for PR - a heads-up for a photo, messages appearing in DMs. A little more subtle than the pap walk routine. Now we wait for the JustJared and other gossip photos. And Sam posting the photo of himself alone on his own IG.

by Anonymousreply 573May 7, 2018 7:00 PM

She is ordinary and cross eyed. Not the one most guys in the spotlight would choose unless desperate. She drags him down multiple notches. I am second-hand embarrassed for him if he has to take her. Will just reinforce the knowledge that someone way up the foodchain is bankrolling her, most likely LG. This Z lister has had way too much cooperation from people. Wonder what secrets she can tell. It is emotional blackmail written all over his face. No wonder he looked like shit at that party.

by Anonymousreply 574May 7, 2018 7:04 PM

Patterns. It’s always the same predictable patterns with SH and TB. r568 Cait did attend the Met Gala, a couple of years ago, yes, but it’s her natural environment after spending 10+ years in the fashion industry modelling, I doubt her invitation was solely cause of Money monster.

by Anonymousreply 575May 7, 2018 7:06 PM

Is there any proof he really will attend Anna Vintours Met Gala party?

by Anonymousreply 576May 7, 2018 7:22 PM

[quote] it's certainly true that Sam's PR people have used fans for PR - a heads-up for a photo, messages appearing in DMs.

R576 Maybe this stalker was tipped off.

It wouldn't be the first time we see this pattern......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577May 7, 2018 7:41 PM

Yup R572, well explained. And ok R574 you are entitled to your opinion on her looks, but the fact is a handsome actor in the spotlight did choose to date her. Unless Billy Magnussen is desperate and bearding too? lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578May 7, 2018 7:44 PM

I'm confused. Why would he need to use a fan to pretend the beard was there? Either bring her for a photo op or don't.

by Anonymousreply 579May 7, 2018 7:52 PM

R579/R578, are you new? This has happened before. Check out previous threads.

That pic is ultra photoshopped, MM doesn't look that good in real life. MM and Billy were a real couple. She cheated on her husband with Billy.

by Anonymousreply 580May 7, 2018 7:57 PM

It seems our French troll is back.......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581May 7, 2018 8:08 PM

Hey r579. Hey anybody else just calming down.

TB is not talented taking pics herself. Have a look at her IG and you will see. 98 % of her pics are taken by others, professionals. And the ones with her in 100 %. The landscapes are 100 % stock photos. No, TB did not take the published pic. Everything around is just BS.

Again. Anna Wintour 600 handpicked invited people at the Met Gala? A maximum B-List actor from a cable show attending that? An unkwown, workless,former child actress as his plus one?

A party, with more selected people than the VF Oscar party? Where gay Sam Heughan was one of the last ones to get a photo call on the RC? No. And no and no.

Written PR, self sustaining, fed by bots and scripted PR. Nothing is true. Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 582May 7, 2018 8:10 PM

r581. Oh she again? Ok. Here we go. Any questions left?

This @keoni is also very suspect.

by Anonymousreply 583May 7, 2018 8:18 PM

R574, re: "It is emotional blackmail written all over his face." Let's not be naive. Sam Heughan may not love that he has to do this to advance his career in homophobic HW, but he's all in on this strategy for the sake of his career ambitions.

As for TB bringing him down, what's the point of trashing her here? She may not be the face that launched a thousands ships, but no one is. All the photos we see of all the HW celebs are manipulated, as are they themselves, with plastic surgery and botox and makeup and hairdressing. Most straight men would have no problem thinking about her as girlfriend material, because 99.9% of women are not perfect anyway, and those guys really aren't thinking about her crossed eyes .... so in that sense (only) the girlfriend story is believable. And again, he's selling the girlfriend story here, not the story about how he can walk the RC with the most beautiful model. Doubt anyone at these events thinks it's real, but that's not the point. The point is a trail of stories when someone googles "Sam Heughan girlfriend."

As for whether this Met Gala happens for him and her? We'll see soon enough. This *is* one of their usual patterns, to have a "random sighting" to alert the fans. If it happens, it's for the movie, which has a bigger promotional budget and pull than Sam himself, or the Outlander production.

by Anonymousreply 584May 7, 2018 8:26 PM

Had a deeper look at this @keoni IG. Just scroll thru her ofiicial IG and you will see She is a paid PR-profi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585May 7, 2018 8:27 PM

There will probably be pics from tonight but they’ve already done what’s needed—establish them “together” in NY and add to lore of their relationship. This time it was using a sighting by a known someone who does this from known locations (she has at least two others of Sam) rather than a pap walk (better I guess). Still doesn’t answer the question of who would want to be in a relationship with so little actual contact but as many others have said, most people aren’t looking that deeply and accept it at face value. Anyway mission accomplished!

by Anonymousreply 586May 7, 2018 8:28 PM

r586. Again. There is until now no proof, that TB was really there with him. And that gay actor Sam Heughan is still in NY.

by Anonymousreply 587May 7, 2018 8:31 PM

He looks better today, maybe he got some sleep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588May 7, 2018 8:31 PM

R584 Thank you. Well put. It’s TSWDM promo time and the parade is back in town. Figures. Oh brother and oh well. Personally, I think MM is a very pretty girl. But so what! Not important. I don’t give one shit about her. I do give a shit about homophobic HW and closeting, which is not ok and needs to be called out for what it is. However, for SH it’s here to stay.....at least for a while to come. Could be years. We’ll be taking about this on DL for a long long long time to come.

by Anonymousreply 589May 7, 2018 8:32 PM

r588. And the next PR move from another PR shill. Hey guys! Have a look at this girls IG before.

Posting irrelevant, bad done pics from dogs and cats and family. And now, just out of the nothing perfect selfies with perfect looking people. A perfect looking selfie with a good looking Sam?

No. Professional photographers took those pics and it was posted on her IG.

Really selfies with gay Sam Heughan look like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590May 7, 2018 8:45 PM

For the ones, who got an new gaydar.

Be careful, when calibrating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591May 7, 2018 8:50 PM

Quit trying to make fetch happen as a believable gf . Only the homophobic shamzies push it. I don't even think they really believe it. She may be regular joe blow gf material, but nothing more. They will be severely out of place if they actually go. No mission accomplished because the only people looking are OL fans. He's not well known enough.

by Anonymousreply 592May 7, 2018 8:59 PM

Link to the new thread. I have the feeling we're going to need it.......xd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593May 7, 2018 9:03 PM

The pics of TB with Billy where her hair was upswept were from a sizeable group taken in 2014 for a LG publicity campaign for "Into the Woods." It had a full style team. a pro photographer, and a plan for distribution of the pics to A-list entertainment outlets. It was part of a campaign to sell TB and BM's relationship because they played sweeties in the movie. BM was and is hetero. TB had been married for about a year when she took up with BM when shooting the movie. She met Sam briefly in 2014; stayed in touch; and upshifted in 2015 when the husband had been finally 86'd and OL was on the upsurge of its popularity. She was still "dating" BM at the time, but she was definitely on Sam's radar. He may have been directly involved with her elevation to the role of "girlfriend." Maybe he thought she'd be as agreeable as his previous galpals to the presumed gf role. Big mistake.

by Anonymousreply 594May 7, 2018 9:03 PM

What R584 said. Attacking her looks is so childish. I just find the sexual jealousy of the beard so funny. You know he's not actually fucking her right? No need to be jealous. Or else this thread is full of shippers who like to fantasise that they are Caitriona, Sam is their boyfriend, and Mackenzie is the evil other woman lol.

by Anonymousreply 595May 7, 2018 9:05 PM

r593. Oh yes my dear. We need it. Thank you so deeply.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596May 7, 2018 9:10 PM

The OL fantards that try to troll here are easy to spot and tend to get busted pretty quickly.

by Anonymousreply 597May 7, 2018 9:12 PM

Yep, R597. I also smell shamzie troll.

by Anonymousreply 598May 7, 2018 9:14 PM

Does not having an irrational hatred of the beard makes you a Shamzie troll?

by Anonymousreply 599May 7, 2018 9:20 PM

Gay Sam for the troll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600May 7, 2018 9:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!