Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prince Harry and Ms Megan Markle - Their Royal Highnesses, The Duke and Duchess of....

Traditionally HM The Queen creates the royal groom HRH The Duke of xxxx the morning of the wedding, the bride taking her husband's title.

We've had Andrew, Duke of York, and we've had William, Duke of Cambridge.

So where will The Queen make Harry, Duke of?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600May 2, 2018 12:45 AM

Duke of Blackpool.

by Anonymousreply 1April 16, 2018 6:34 PM

Duke of Earl

by Anonymousreply 2April 16, 2018 6:36 PM

Duke of Pre-nup

by Anonymousreply 3April 16, 2018 6:39 PM

Can you imagine the fucking he puts on her?

by Anonymousreply 4April 16, 2018 6:42 PM

The available likely dukedoms are: Windsor, Clarence, and Sussex. Arguably, Windsor is tainted by Edward VII. Clarence is tainted by being last held by the eldest son of Edward VII, who was an idiot (sort of an ancient Prince Andrew) and also, unfairly apparently, briefly suspected of being Jack the Ripper. Edinburgh is promised to Edward. York will revert to the Crown.

So everybody says it will be Sussex, which has been vacant for hundreds of years.

But that's what they said for William's Dukedom and he got Cambridge. I think the Queen doesn't like to be predicted. So they may rehabilitate Windsor (vacant now for almost fifty years) or Clarence (vacant for 126 years.)

by Anonymousreply 5April 16, 2018 6:43 PM

It will never be Windsor. Too close to home.

by Anonymousreply 6April 16, 2018 6:49 PM

If she gets Sussex, I like that it has the word "SEX" in it.

by Anonymousreply 7April 16, 2018 6:51 PM

Why is Windsor tainted and too close to home?

by Anonymousreply 8April 16, 2018 6:53 PM

Duke of Big Girl's Blouse

by Anonymousreply 9April 16, 2018 6:55 PM

r8 Her Majesty's Uncle David was a very naughty boy. Look it up.

by Anonymousreply 10April 16, 2018 6:59 PM

Sussex sounds the favorite then, unless she creates a new one with a military connection like Salisbury or Aldershot or Catterick, but it needs to be a county really, Durham, Hampshire, Wiltshire, Shropshire, Birmingham, hardly trip off the tongue, so Im guessing Sussex

by Anonymousreply 11April 16, 2018 7:03 PM

She needs to make it so every time her title is announced, there's a reverb on the latter syllable "SuSEXXX" and perhaps a small echo.

by Anonymousreply 12April 16, 2018 7:35 PM

My money is on Windsor. They need to redeem it. The 'happy' couple were married there. And the cynic in me says once the divorce is final, they can live with Meagain, Duchess of Windsor roaming the earth. Harry can have a new Dukedom.

by Anonymousreply 13April 16, 2018 7:45 PM

Can Harry put in a request or is it a surprise?

by Anonymousreply 14April 16, 2018 7:51 PM

I doubt he can request...it's an honour... but I expect he'd be consulted to the extent he effectively gets to choose.

by Anonymousreply 15April 16, 2018 8:11 PM

What exactly does a Duke do?

by Anonymousreply 16April 16, 2018 8:12 PM

Duke of Windsor? Why? Because he is marrying a divorced American? Didn't young Harry wear a Nazi uniform as a joke?

Bad idea.

by Anonymousreply 17April 16, 2018 8:18 PM

Duke of East Los Angeles, baby!

by Anonymousreply 18April 16, 2018 8:29 PM

The Queen better not gift anything too lavish to the blushing bride...

by Anonymousreply 19April 16, 2018 8:49 PM

David reigned as Edward VIII, not VII.

The gay son (Edward) just got an Earldom (Wessex) and the daughter (Anne) got bupkis, though she does has the rather fabulous title Princess Royal.

by Anonymousreply 20April 16, 2018 8:54 PM

I doubt there will be another Duke of Windsor while Uncle David remains in living memory. Especially not when Prince Harry is marrying a divorced American, of all things.

I'd bet on Clarence. Sussex has the potential for too many naughty puns, especially if the marriage doesn't work out.

by Anonymousreply 21April 16, 2018 8:57 PM

Sorry, R20, I meant to type VIII but typed VII. Kind of like when you typed 'though she does has the rather fabulous' when I think you meant to type 'though she does have the rather fabulous...' At least I assume that's what you meant.

And the gay son just got his earldom in 1999.

by Anonymousreply 22April 16, 2018 9:00 PM

The Duke of Crenshaw!

by Anonymousreply 23April 16, 2018 9:07 PM

Instead of Godalming, how about Golddigging.

by Anonymousreply 24April 16, 2018 9:13 PM

'Family' titles such as Clarence or Athlone are no longer possible, as they refer to places outside the UK, in the Irish Republic.

So the most likely is Sussex, though they could opt for something entirely new, such as Hereford.

by Anonymousreply 25April 16, 2018 9:39 PM

Clarence doesnt sound very masculine though. Plus, his big bro is already a Duke with an East Anglian connection. A dukedom of Scotland or Northern Ireland is out politically. Wales is covered by Charles. Windsor is most definitely out because of its connection to a royal marrying a divorced American. Leaving places like Sussex, Clarence and Cumberland.

by Anonymousreply 26April 16, 2018 9:41 PM

Duke of Cumberland Farms

by Anonymousreply 27April 16, 2018 9:51 PM

I like that suggestion, R27. After all, if Harry hadn't been born a prince, he'd probably be working at Cumberland Farms.

by Anonymousreply 28April 16, 2018 9:53 PM

Is it just a title? Or does he receive a dukedom that generates income?

by Anonymousreply 29April 16, 2018 9:58 PM

Take your pick, here. There are alot of extinct rotal dukedoms she can choose from, although in the past, the Duke of Clarence has often been a title for the heir to the heir to the throne (King Edward VII’s oldest son, the moron who died and then was shcceeded by his younger brother George v)... there are quite a few to choose from.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 16, 2018 10:04 PM

Duke & Bitch of Snatchuxes

by Anonymousreply 31April 16, 2018 10:06 PM

Duke of Sorrows.

by Anonymousreply 32April 16, 2018 10:10 PM

Thanks for the link, R30.

I like Duke of Kendal. Easy to spell and pronounce for us plebes, no naughty puns that I can think of, no worrisome historical connotations, and conveniently extinct, even in its non-royal form, since the 1700s. Ticks all the boxes.

by Anonymousreply 33April 16, 2018 10:11 PM

I like Hereford.

The UK's special forces train there and Harry loves our armed services, especially the Army.

No, it doesnt carry any income from lands. It's just a title the monarch gives out as a wedding present. Plus, it has its advantages. Ms Markle will be HRH The Duchess of xxxx, on mariage, but if they divorce, she will become Megan, Duchess of xxxx, like Sarah, Duchess of York did.

by Anonymousreply 34April 16, 2018 10:25 PM

Duke of Ross!

by Anonymousreply 35April 16, 2018 10:26 PM

Sadly, that's Scotland so out of the equation

by Anonymousreply 36April 16, 2018 10:32 PM

Meant to link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 16, 2018 10:34 PM

What ever she gives him the Queen will make sure it comes with an estate and income. It will very likely be Sussex. That's the leading contender right now. But I am certain it will not be Windsor, I mean. That is still too close to home. It was the Queen's uncle. He was a collaborator with the Nazis, he abdicated, etc. So now it's tainted. Maybe by the time William is king the stink will wear off Windsor, but actually it was created specifically for Edward VIII so there was no precedent. Now as for Clarence, the Duke of Clarence was a horrid person. He was the brother of Edward IV and Richard III and he was executed by his brother as a traitor, which he was, by drowning him in a vat of wine...at his own request.

by Anonymousreply 38April 16, 2018 10:36 PM

I don't think it will be Sussex because everybody thinks so... but I have no idea what it will be.

by Anonymousreply 39April 16, 2018 10:38 PM

R36 / R37 why do you think Scottish dukedoms are out of the question? Philip is Duke of Edinburgh and Charles is Duke of Rothesay. Duke of Ross isn’t in current use so that would be possible.

by Anonymousreply 40April 16, 2018 10:40 PM

One was thinking perhaps Duke of Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha. One rather expects Meghan will like it, on account of being a new title, multi-barrelled and, relly, not thet far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 16, 2018 10:43 PM

The Duke and Duchess of Pitcairn.

by Anonymousreply 42April 16, 2018 10:49 PM

Yes, Pitcairn is very nice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 16, 2018 10:54 PM

If the Queen/Charles feel that this marriage might not go the distance, they might choose something new and unique as to not taint existing royal dukedoms.

My vote goes for Duke of Ginger :)

by Anonymousreply 44April 16, 2018 11:16 PM

The last earl of Sussex was Queen Victoria's great great Grandson. He died at the age of 28 in 1943 when he fell out a window drunk, and died of exposure. That was the second Earl from the third creation. Or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 45April 16, 2018 11:26 PM

R45 that sounds like something Harry would do. SUSSEX it is then!

by Anonymousreply 46April 16, 2018 11:29 PM

Duke of Jock.

by Anonymousreply 47April 16, 2018 11:35 PM

Duke of Guinness

by Anonymousreply 48April 16, 2018 11:35 PM

Duke, Duke, Duke, of Prunes, Prunes, Prunes. And you can be my Douche-ess, my Douche-ess of Prunes.

by Anonymousreply 49April 16, 2018 11:44 PM

Duke of Earl!

Duke, Duke, Duke

by Anonymousreply 50April 16, 2018 11:53 PM

Once I've got that ring on my finger there is no way any harm comes to him, R46.

by Anonymousreply 51April 16, 2018 11:54 PM

[quote] The last earl of Sussex was Queen Victoria's great great Grandson. He died at the age of 28 in 1943 when he fell out a window drunk, and died of exposure

This guy. He was the Earl of Sussex, and the Duke of Connaught and Strathearn.

According to Wikipedia...

[quote] ...was assigned to Ottawa as aide-de-camp to his kinsman The Earl of Athlone, then Governor General of Canada; his own grandfather had held the same post during the First World War.

[quote] He succeeded his grandfather as Duke of Connaught and Strathearn, and Earl of Sussex, in 1942. However, he died in 1943 at the age of 28 "on active service" in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, in unusual circumstances. The diaries of Sir Alan Lascelles, King George VI's private secretary, published in 2006, recorded that both the regiment and Athlone had rejected him as incompetent, and he fell out of a window when drunk and perished of hypothermia overnight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 17, 2018 12:38 AM

I like Harry. In fact I'm fond of Harry. I feel as if we've watched Harry grow up in a way that we didn't with William. We've seen Harry commit faux pas, embarrass himself, get drunk, and then there was his nadir, Las Vegas. But he seems to have worked everything out and settled down and really stepped up for his Grand mother. He's a good soul seems to have a good heart. So I want him to have something wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 53April 17, 2018 1:26 AM

Stepped up? He does the least amount of work of any of the royals.

by Anonymousreply 54April 17, 2018 1:41 AM

Really, Harry, he's half a fag, isn't he? As far as his Octaroon bride, perhaps she should be addressed as M'am-mee in honor of her ancestors.

by Anonymousreply 55April 17, 2018 1:55 AM

Isn't Duke of Paducah now available?

by Anonymousreply 56April 17, 2018 2:06 AM

dumbass, he 3/4 fag and she's a quadroon, do try to keep up

by Anonymousreply 57April 17, 2018 2:09 AM

"Duchess of Sussex" sounds awful as a title, and "Sussex' is so susceptible to tabloid puns. I'm hoping it will be one of the extinct royal dukedoms, like the Dukedom of Ross or the Dukedom of Clarence. "Clarence" doesn't come from Ireland, as someone above posted: it derives from the river Clare in Suffolk.

Also, the queen could just make a title up wholesale. Her father wanted to make Winston Churchill the first Duke of London after WW2, but Churchill refused. She could always use that title.

by Anonymousreply 58April 17, 2018 2:12 AM

I've always wondered if Duchess of Cornwall was a dig at Camilla. It sounds particularly unregal, right?

by Anonymousreply 59April 17, 2018 2:15 AM

the Duke and Duchess of Hubris?

by Anonymousreply 60April 17, 2018 2:16 AM

R59 insult not the Parker-Bowles dynasty!

by Anonymousreply 61April 17, 2018 2:17 AM

Duke of Cornwall is Charles' most significant subsidiary title. As a result of the marriage, she takes all his titles (including, but not used, Princess of Wales.) She is called Duchess of Cornwall and not Princess of Wales out of deference to Diana. Basically not to rub salt in any wounds.

by Anonymousreply 62April 17, 2018 2:18 AM

Can the queen use this to show what she REALLY thinks about Kate?

by Anonymousreply 63April 17, 2018 2:20 AM

Duke of Chunk

or

Duke of Gropecunt Lane, if they want to rehabilitate a traditional English place name.

by Anonymousreply 64April 17, 2018 2:20 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65April 17, 2018 2:20 AM

Thanks R62. I always assumed it was the Queen throwing shade at Camilla by naming her for a lewd act. "I looked in the bushes and there he was cornwalling her under the Lord's blue sky!"

by Anonymousreply 66April 17, 2018 2:34 AM

Duke of Marlborough sounds very regal.

by Anonymousreply 67April 17, 2018 4:22 AM

Duke of Sparkle and Duchess of Sparkle Markle

by Anonymousreply 68April 17, 2018 4:22 AM

Duke and Duchess of Toronto

by Anonymousreply 69April 17, 2018 4:23 AM

[quote] Duke of Marlborough sounds very regal.

It's already taken.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 17, 2018 4:38 AM

The Countess of Croydon

by Anonymousreply 71April 17, 2018 4:56 AM

Ewwww R71... The "Croydon Facelift" comes to mind now. I vote Cumberland or Hereford.

by Anonymousreply 72April 17, 2018 5:40 AM

So...just between us...HRH, Philip,Charles,Camilla etc. etc. etc... They're outraged Harry is marrying an older, divorced, American, mulatto actress, right? Can you imagine the drama which is unfolding? Delicious!

by Anonymousreply 73April 17, 2018 6:07 AM

I’m just fascinated by how much they resemble each other, especially the nose, shin, shape of their mouth.

by Anonymousreply 74April 17, 2018 6:25 AM

Duke of Tesco

Duke of Da Hood

by Anonymousreply 75April 17, 2018 7:02 AM

You could have a Duke of Cumberland, r72, but I think there's already a Lord Hereford (the Viscount Hereford), so that won't do. How about the Duke of Hampshire?

Since Edward was created Earl of Wessex, the queen could also use the names of the other ancient English kingdoms like Wessex, such as Mercia or Northumbria.

there are also some cities in the UK that don't have current peerages named after them, such as Brighton or Inverness or Truro.

by Anonymousreply 76April 17, 2018 7:27 AM

Pretty sure Inverness is already a part someone’s subsidiary title. Maybe Andrew(?)

by Anonymousreply 77April 17, 2018 7:35 AM

If there was ever to be a Duke of Brighton, I think that should really go to Prince Edward.

by Anonymousreply 78April 17, 2018 11:26 AM

R76 I have read of prior instances of an existing Earl under a given peerage, while a Royal Duke has still been styled with the same duchy or "shire". I claim to be no expert, yet have read many suggesting this is a distinct possibility, though not a popular idea regarding Hereford. I rather like the history of it having been a Royal Dukedom before, the prior Henry IV, Later King Henry IV, as well as the "HH" alliteration. It would be far easier to pronounce than "Duchess of Sussex", and could make a nice cypher design too! I think sticking to precedent is more traditional, and preferable to creating new Ducal titles. Probably better to revive those in existance, like Cumberland, albeit that messy yet improbable, but possible future petition to re-claim said title by the Austrian Hanovers , after the 1917 Titles Deprivation Act.

by Anonymousreply 79April 17, 2018 11:34 AM

Duchess of Pork!

by Anonymousreply 80April 17, 2018 11:51 AM

Technically, the Queen could give up the Duchy of Lancaster. Like Cornwall for Charles, Harry would get paid as well 🤔

by Anonymousreply 81April 17, 2018 11:58 AM

[quote]he was executed by his brother as a traitor, which he was, by drowning him in a vat of wine...at his own request.

Allegedly! I agree that “Duke of Clarence” is tainted by this association.

A Scottish title might be seen as inflammatory given the current mood. And what happens if they do break away, would he have to give it back? Embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 82April 17, 2018 12:54 PM

[quote]it needs to be a county really, Durham, Hampshire, Wiltshire, Shropshire, Birmingham, hardly trip off the tongue, so Im guessing Sussex.

Duke of Durham sounds brilliant. I’m partial to Shropshire too.

by Anonymousreply 83April 17, 2018 1:01 PM

What about Gloucester and Kent? Are they still alive? Those were the preeminent royal titles when Edward VIII was born. He was Wales, Bertie was York, and they had two others who were Gloucester and Kent. One of them died because he was a drug addict (also a closeted Gay.) I do believe that which ever the Queen decides, Harry will have an estate with an income as part of it. I'm also wondering, since William and Katherine have Anmer Hall, which place will Betty bequeath to Harry? Also, do remember, he inherits, not her. So if Betty gives Harry and estate, and he and Meghan divorce, she gets some $$$ and that's it. It isn't about a pre nup agreement, it's about The Crown.

by Anonymousreply 84April 17, 2018 1:43 PM

Sorry, curren Duke of Gloucester still with us. the Duke of Kent is as well!

by Anonymousreply 85April 17, 2018 1:52 PM

There is no way they're getting Windsor. But not for the reasons stated. Windsor is the family name. There is no way in hell they're giving that to Meghan, so she can then divorce and carry that around with her and her bastard children the rest of their lives.

by Anonymousreply 86April 17, 2018 2:03 PM

[quote]What about Gloucester and Kent? Are they still alive?

Excuse me, but there is no way in hell that I am allowing that half breed to take my name.

by Anonymousreply 87April 17, 2018 2:05 PM

If it's a dukedom...Albany or Clarence.

If it's an earldom...Athlone.

by Anonymousreply 88April 17, 2018 2:12 PM

Duke Of Ellington sounds superb to me!

by Anonymousreply 89April 17, 2018 2:16 PM

Duke of Albany and Duke of Cumberland were deprived of their titles under the Titles Deprivation Act of 1917 as traitors. I very much doubt if they’d be revived.

Andrew is Earl of Inverness.

by Anonymousreply 90April 17, 2018 2:19 PM

[quote]Andrew is Earl of Inverness.

I've been to Inverness. Frankly, if the Queen bestowed that to me, I'd never speak to her again.

by Anonymousreply 91April 17, 2018 2:22 PM

Duke of Las Vegas ?

by Anonymousreply 92April 17, 2018 2:26 PM

Well shit.. It has to be a hereditary Title doesn't it? And with that comes income and estates. So isn't there some kind of fucking list that we can look at and decide? Damn Betty Windsor! It is such a chore to have to do her job for her! I do think by leaving it to us here at DL, Betty has done the wise thing. Certainly we can come up with something suitable for Harry. And BTW, the Duke of Marlborough was a direct descendant of Winston Churchill, and he would roll over in his grave if it were given to someone not of his line. I have to wonder. You know another reason to bequeath titles to the members of the royal family, is to acknowledge the kingdom itself. So Wales, Cornwall, Cambridge, Kent, Gloucester, York, Wessex, etc all have a purpose. Maybe we need to think of something with Irish overtones.

by Anonymousreply 93April 17, 2018 2:27 PM

Is Duke of Earl taken?

by Anonymousreply 94April 17, 2018 2:30 PM

Margaret Rutherford played the Duchess of Brighton in The VIPs, so I cant imagine it will be there.

The majority of the UK cities already have peers associated to them, so unless its a new one like Duke of Milton Keynes, I think Durham, Wiltshire, Surrey places like that are top choices

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95April 17, 2018 2:33 PM

They will be the Sussexiest Duke and Duchess.

by Anonymousreply 96April 17, 2018 2:35 PM

Can she be American and titled? I’m asking because if you want to become a US citizen you need to renounce all Royal titles.

by Anonymousreply 97April 17, 2018 2:35 PM

Well she's going to become a British citizen too, so she'll have that to fall back on.

by Anonymousreply 98April 17, 2018 2:38 PM

R98 it takes years to become a British Citizen just like it does to become a US citizen. Marriage doesn’t equate to immediate citizenship for either country.

by Anonymousreply 99April 17, 2018 2:42 PM

Megs will be put to the front of the citizenship line. No way someone marrying a royal is going to have to wait in line with Czech nannies and refugees from Syria.

by Anonymousreply 100April 17, 2018 2:45 PM

The Queen could request Parliament to confer citizenship on Meghan as a special circumstance. It takes years for regular people but not if you have connections.

by Anonymousreply 101April 17, 2018 2:46 PM

The sweet smell of Nepotism....

by Anonymousreply 102April 17, 2018 2:47 PM

Will she denounce her American citizenship? I hope she doesn't. She may want to come again someday. Elizabeth Taylor had dual citizenship. Madonna? Gwyneth?

by Anonymousreply 103April 17, 2018 2:50 PM

Her application for UK citizenship will be expodited. As has been said, being a HRH does rather move you to the top of the list. I can't see her and Harry queing up in the wee small hours at the immigration offices in Croydon, amid Syrian refugees and Phillopino nannies.

Plus politically, the Brits will want a British princess, albeit she will have an american accent.

by Anonymousreply 104April 17, 2018 3:00 PM

[quote] Margaret Rutherford played the Duchess of Brighton in The VIPs, so I cant imagine it will be there.

Actually, that would make it all the more likely, since Edward asked to be Earl of Wessex because he heard the title in a movie (Shakespeare in Love).

But they seem to name royal dukedoms mostly after counties, and not after cities.

by Anonymousreply 105April 17, 2018 3:01 PM

The Title will be Earl of Sussex, Duke of Connaught and Strathaern. You heard it here. (But I don't think I'm first. )

by Anonymousreply 106April 17, 2018 3:05 PM

I wonder if Harry is a big Miss Marple fan then?

Its a bit of a mix city and county wise. You've got your Kent, Cornwall and Norfolks, for the counties equally you've got your Edingburgh, Westminster and Marlboroughs for the cities. So its a bit of a guess really.

by Anonymousreply 107April 17, 2018 3:08 PM

So when you're a royal, how do you sign checks?

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex

Mrs. Meghan Windsor

by Anonymousreply 108April 17, 2018 3:22 PM

Meghan

by Anonymousreply 109April 17, 2018 3:23 PM

If Joanna Lumley could get citizenship for all those pygmy people, then Meghan will have no problem.

by Anonymousreply 110April 17, 2018 3:24 PM

They won't be signing checks. Bills will be sent to an office. Credit cards will probably be Meghan Windsor.

by Anonymousreply 111April 17, 2018 3:26 PM

The royals sign things with just their first name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112April 17, 2018 3:29 PM

Wait, wait, R112... in that picture....

Is that a ball point pen??? No fountain pen???

How gauche.

by Anonymousreply 113April 17, 2018 3:32 PM

I'll just put this here - "The Queen's Green Planet," that aired in Britain last night. The Queen and Sir David Attenborough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114April 17, 2018 3:33 PM

Her bank card will probably be HRH The Duchess of x but usually that stuff is dealt with by the Privy Purse or Private Secretaries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115April 17, 2018 3:37 PM

It's funny to have a video called "green planet" with the thumbnail of a plane R114.

by Anonymousreply 116April 17, 2018 3:39 PM

The Queen banks at Coutts but I doubt she has a card or a cheque book.

by Anonymousreply 117April 17, 2018 3:40 PM

Why should Harry get a title with an income?

Does Andrew or Edward have an income that came with their titles?

by Anonymousreply 118April 17, 2018 3:44 PM

BTW if you watch "The Queen's Green Planet" I suggest you FF through the Angelina Jolie parts.

by Anonymousreply 119April 17, 2018 3:46 PM

[quote]Does Andrew or Edward have an income that came with their titles?

I thought Andrew had an income as Duke of York.

by Anonymousreply 120April 17, 2018 3:46 PM

The problem that Sparkle is about to find out is that they aren’t cash rich. People think they live like trillionaires when in fact they’re only given a couple million here and there. She should’ve married a Shiek if she wanted yachts, jets and unlimited cash. Fergie found out the hard way too. Andrew has to beg mummy for cash all the time.

by Anonymousreply 121April 17, 2018 3:55 PM

Andrew is sponsored by Airmiles.

Yes, the documentary is fabulous, apart from the Dame Angelina Jolie parts.

by Anonymousreply 122April 17, 2018 3:55 PM

Harry's house is only a small pad atm.

No doubt The Queen will find him and Meghan a bigger home in one of the apartments in Kensington Palace itself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123April 17, 2018 4:00 PM

FYI, there's another new documentary entitled "Elizabeth Our Queen," which is in 8 parts. It's excellent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124April 17, 2018 4:01 PM

[quote] No doubt The Queen will find him and Meghan a bigger home in one of the apartments in Kensington Palace itself.

So, will she kick out one of her elderly cousins who still live there?

by Anonymousreply 125April 17, 2018 4:06 PM

Harry and Meghan want to be "modern royals".

Kids go find a real job to pay your bills and leave Granny alone, that's what real modernity is. But of course they won't do it.

by Anonymousreply 126April 17, 2018 4:08 PM

There's probably plenty of space in their for another apartment for them tbh without disturbing the Gloucesters or the Kents say.

by Anonymousreply 127April 17, 2018 4:09 PM

R125, Why do you think I wore that brooch?

by Anonymousreply 128April 17, 2018 4:09 PM

R126 That will be their job to represent The Queen, their father, when he becomes King and his big bro when its his turn.

Just in the same way the USA has a VP, we've git an heir and a spare.

by Anonymousreply 129April 17, 2018 4:11 PM

Kensington Palace is like the Melrose Place for bluebloods and their hangers on.

by Anonymousreply 130April 17, 2018 4:12 PM

Please, they "work" few days a month and have tons of staff to help them. And half of it is about traveling all over the world.

I guess they're really exhausted at the end of the day.

by Anonymousreply 131April 17, 2018 4:14 PM

Wasn't Lord Wessex - Collin Firth's creepy character in Shakespeare in Love?

by Anonymousreply 132April 17, 2018 4:14 PM

R131 Sounds just like the VP then

by Anonymousreply 133April 17, 2018 4:19 PM

R93 unless he had a time machine the Duke of Marlborough is not a descendant of Winston Churchill. Churchill is a descendant of Marlborough. As both Churchill and Diana Spencer are related then I don’t think Winston would mind, specially as he himself was not a duke.

The Spencer family tried very, very hard to pretend they originated with the ancient Despencer family but that has been thoroughly debunked. They latched on to the Churchills and never let go.

by Anonymousreply 134April 17, 2018 4:25 PM

Well as I've read about it, Prince Edward Earl of Wessex, was into theatre and set up his own production company working at various things since the mid 80's . Alas he was a failure at just about everything, TV, film, documentaries, etc. He had a huge falling out with Charles when he allegedly violated William's privacy while attending St. Andrews for some documentary he did. Charles lobbied Mummy to make Edward stop using the Family to advance his personal career. (He produced some play for the queen's 60th which was shit. He then worked for Andrew Lloyd Webber. Who is also shit.) Apparently the problem with Charles weer so awful and Edward was embarrassing himself regularly that he and his wife were paid $250000 pounds by the Queen to shut down their businesses and come work for her. Which they did. So since 2002, Edward and Sophie have been doing "Royal work" and getting paid out of the ueen's personal income. Edward has over the past ten years or so, also taken on more and more of Philip's duties as the old bugger has become more limited. Since he and Charles a re not besties, it will be interesting to see whether Charles permits him to ascend to the Duke of Edinburgh once Philip is dead and the Queen has also left us. It was her wish, but she won't be here to enforce it. I think Charles can sometimes be a shit to his younger brothers.

by Anonymousreply 135April 17, 2018 4:28 PM

[quote] He had a huge falling out with Charles when he allegedly violated William's privacy while attending St. Andrews for some documentary he did.

That was a setup. There was no violation of William's privacy at all. The whole story was one of Mark Boland's plots to make Charles appear better by making other members of the Royal Family look worse. In this case, the victim was his brother, Prince Edward. Other plots involved shitting on William and Harry.

Oh, that Charles, what a nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 136April 17, 2018 4:34 PM

[quote]He then worked for Andrew Lloyd Webber.

This *horrified* the Royal Family. I know from a personal witness that the staff at Really Useful Group called Edward "Mavis" behind his back.

He did produce a few documentaries about Royal Estates around the UK. In the beginning, it always showed him driving up in his red sports car.

by Anonymousreply 137April 17, 2018 4:45 PM

Well, of cousre I meant that Churchill descended from Marlborough.

by Anonymousreply 138April 17, 2018 4:55 PM

I am the Earl of Wessex!

- Edward - and don't you forget it!

by Anonymousreply 139April 17, 2018 5:03 PM

Duke of Mayonnaise

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140April 17, 2018 5:21 PM

Can Megan dance or swim? If so, she can be the Duchess of Idaho. It has a nice across the Pond ring to it.

by Anonymousreply 141April 17, 2018 5:32 PM

That's a good point R141 The Queen might make a nod to Meghan's land if birth with a title like Washington, Lincoln or Cleveland.

by Anonymousreply 142April 17, 2018 5:38 PM

I would doubt a reigning English monarch would honor George Washington in that way. Lincoln perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 143April 17, 2018 5:45 PM

You have a point R143

by Anonymousreply 144April 17, 2018 5:48 PM

I highly doubt the Queen will want to honor Meghan's American heritage. They're trying to turn her into a Brit. She will use one of the titles already in the family history.

by Anonymousreply 145April 17, 2018 5:48 PM

Princess of Van Nuys

The Countess of Compton

by Anonymousreply 146April 17, 2018 5:50 PM

Why in the hell the BRF should honor her American heritage in any way?

by Anonymousreply 147April 17, 2018 5:54 PM

R147 Well....this is 2018...not 1936, so hopefully they'll want her to feel at home with sometging familiar like an american connection.

Mark my words, it may not be her main title, but Baroness Washington will be one of them!

by Anonymousreply 148April 17, 2018 5:58 PM

LOL @ r148. They don't want her to feel at home. Being a royal means you have to be British first. And that's what Megs wants. To completely cut out her past and reinvent herself as a British royal. I bet Megs is on her knees begging the Queen to cut all ties and references to her American citizenship. The stench of Wallis Simpson is still very strong in that family.

by Anonymousreply 149April 17, 2018 6:01 PM

r149 she's required to become a British citizen to marry Harry. Otherwise she could be beheaded.

by Anonymousreply 150April 17, 2018 6:02 PM

Yeah, no her wedding will make her more english than crumpets, orange marmelade and Mark and Spencer. She can kiss good bye her american past and citizenship.

by Anonymousreply 151April 17, 2018 6:04 PM

I'm counting the number of days after the wedding that it will take Meghan to start speaking with a posh British accent.

"Harry and I are taking our holidays in Scotland. He will participate in sport and I will help George with his maths."

by Anonymousreply 152April 17, 2018 6:09 PM

[quote] Well....this is 2018...not 1936, so hopefully they'll want her to feel at home with sometging familiar like an american connection.

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 153April 17, 2018 6:09 PM

r135, didn't Sophie's PR firm get in trouble for implying that she would use her royal connections to promote a client? I seem to remember that the exposure was a setup, and the "client" was wearing a hidden camera. Sophie was recorded on video, telling the "client" that she would leverage her connections for him. It was quite embarrassing, and shortly thereafter she was pressured to retire that business and become a full-time royal with Edward. Since then she's been a model royal. And of course, her transgression now looks minor compared to that video of Fergie asking for $500,000 pounds for access to Andrew.

by Anonymousreply 154April 17, 2018 6:39 PM

Duke of Cashew?

by Anonymousreply 155April 17, 2018 6:49 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156April 17, 2018 7:26 PM

I expect the Duke of Windsor title never to be used again. Stop bringing it up. It won't be Windsor and there won't be other Dukes of Windsor. That dukedom was created specifically for the former king. After all, Windsor belongs to the Monarch - it is where the Monarch is "from". The home seat, as it were. So there won't be any more Dukes of Windsor. Trust Mama.

by Anonymousreply 157April 17, 2018 7:44 PM

He can't be "Duke of Windsor" because it was a one-off for David after his abdication. "Windsor," being the house name, would not be bestowed on a second son.

"Clarence" could be used but that title may be needed for Prince George, although it actually need not be given to the heir of the heir of the heir.

Sussex could be used, although, like "Wessex" for Edward's earldom, it is a nouveau title pulled from ancient times. It IS a royal dukedom. The existing-but-extinct (or perhaps suspended) royal dukedoms that could be given are the dukedoms of Albemarle, Cumberland or even Albany, if Clarence is out of the running. And there are other extinct titles for a variety of Scottish designations that formerly were used for royal sons and others.

by Anonymousreply 158April 17, 2018 7:46 PM

Duke of Sussex , Earl of Dumbarton .

by Anonymousreply 159April 17, 2018 7:53 PM

[quote]"Clarence" could be used but that title may be needed for Prince George, although it actually need not be given to the heir of the heir of the heir.

George won't need a ducal title for another twenty years at least, by which time the queen will definitely be dead and Charles may also be dead. By that time he could either take "Cambridge" himself (like his father before him) since his father will then be at least Prince of Wales and will no longer need Cambridge as a title.

by Anonymousreply 160April 17, 2018 7:57 PM

Duck. The Duke and Duchess of Duck.

by Anonymousreply 161April 17, 2018 8:01 PM

You're quibbling, R160, as there are other drawbacks for Clarence additional to the (imaginary) association with Edward VII's eldest son, "Cambridge" likely would not be reused during the previous holder's lifetime, and the numerous other choices I listed at length may be considered more "fresh."

Focusing on one thing to prove yourself right does not suggest a grasp of the topic in toto, Toto.

by Anonymousreply 162April 17, 2018 8:01 PM

I'll be curious to see if they give Harry an earldom rather than a dukedom since they worry there are too many royal dukedoms right now (Cornwall and Rothesey, Gloucester, Kent, Edinburgh, York and Cambrudge are all active). Also, i wonder if Harry's kids will be allowed to have the titles of prince and Princess--Charles doesn't think any of them should have that title anymore unless they are actually the children of the monarch (which is why Edward's children don't use Prince and Princess as titles, even though technically they are HRH the Princess Louise of Wessex and HRH the Prince James, the Viscount Severn--instead they just go by "the Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor" and "James, the Viscount Severn"--Edward wants to suck up to his elder brother).

by Anonymousreply 163April 17, 2018 8:03 PM

[quote] You're quibbling, [R160],

Like you've not not been doing the same thing yourself all over this thread, Blanche. Please.

by Anonymousreply 164April 17, 2018 8:04 PM

If they really want to streamline the royal family, Charles should issue new rules once he becomes monarch. Only the children of the heir will be given the Prince/Princess title. Ever: No grandchildren of ancillary lines need apply. That means none of Harry's children will be Prince/Princess, and among William and Kate's future grandchildren, only those belonging to George will retain the Prince/Princess designation. Beatrice and Eugenie, James and Louise, will be officially knocked down to lords and ladies, as they should have been all along.

Keeping it to only direct offspring of the heir being Prince/Princess would simplify things quite neatly and quickly.

by Anonymousreply 165April 17, 2018 8:13 PM

My guess is that by the time George marries, William will be king and George will himself be Prince of Wales. Charles will either have died by that time or will be well over 90, and I don't quite see him following his mother's example and never abdicating before he dies. He'll more likely follow in the footsteps of other progressive European monarchs (Juan Carlos of Spain, Queens Beatrix and Juliana of the Netherlands, Albert II of Belgium) and hand over his crown when he feels too old to carry out his royal duties.

by Anonymousreply 166April 17, 2018 8:15 PM

I think you're right about Charles retiring, R166. In fact, I've heard a rumor that there's been a deal in place ever since he was allowed to marry Camilla: Charles will reign as king for no more than 10 years before handing the reigns over to William, who is younger and much more popular. That will probably set a new precedent, and William will retire when George is in early middle age, too.

Becoming monarch in your 40s and retiring in your 70s sounds like a much better deal than what Lilibet got stuck with.

by Anonymousreply 167April 17, 2018 8:57 PM

I would guess that as a girl the current queen had to make promises to her parents when her uncle abdicated that she herself never would, which is why she refuses to do so now. But Charles would not feel so bound.

by Anonymousreply 168April 17, 2018 9:19 PM

Who made the terms of that deal, r167? The queen? I'm not a huge Charles fan, but I don't think he should be pressured to step aside. He gave up everything for the throne. Like a closeted gay man, he gave up the person he really loved and he chose someone more socially "acceptable" as a life partner. It's true he made some bad decisions, but it didn't help that he had a mother who ignored him and a dad who bullied him. Why should he step down for William? Especially when the Queen won't step down herself for Charles.

by Anonymousreply 169April 17, 2018 9:42 PM

Does Meagain know she won’t be a princess? Even when Andrew, the son of a reigning monarch, married he was Prince Andrew, Duke of York and Sarah became HRH Sarah, Duchess of York. Not princess.

by Anonymousreply 170April 17, 2018 10:34 PM

Lots of very informed comments here.

Will Harry become a Duke or an Earl is an interesting one. He's clearly The Queen's favorite grandson, and that generation isnt that large, so I suspect he'll be made a Duke. Plus I dont think The Queen would want them taking up full royal responsibilites as just an Earl & Countess, especially as his big bro is a Duke.

by Anonymousreply 171April 17, 2018 10:36 PM

Wives derive their title from their husband's rank. As soon as they divorce, they lose their rank.

Hence...

HRH The Duchess of York becomes Sarah, Duchess of York.

HRH The Princess of Wales Became Diana, Princess of Wales

That leaves the door open for the royal prince to remarry, so if Andrew had of chosen to remarry Mis Eliza Doolittle, they would be.

Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of York Plus Sarah, Duchess of York as the ex

by Anonymousreply 172April 17, 2018 10:43 PM

Of course Harry will be a duke (+ subsidiary titles). He's going to be a male child of the sovereign. It has nothing to do with comparing him to his brother or being the Queen's favorite.

by Anonymousreply 173April 17, 2018 11:26 PM

There’s no “of course” about it r173. Edward is the child of a reigning sovereign and he isn’t a duke.

by Anonymousreply 174April 18, 2018 12:37 AM

R96 Yes indeed. I think they shall be Sussexful too in their endeavours!

by Anonymousreply 175April 18, 2018 12:42 AM

It may well be that he only gets an Earldom, for now... following the Prince Edward precedent. And then Harry gets a Dukedom under his father's reign. It would go with the slimmed down monarchy thing. Which would presumably drive Meagain nuts.

I think there's a surprise coming... even if it's a Dukedom... it won't be Sussex because everybody expects Sussex.

by Anonymousreply 176April 18, 2018 12:50 AM

Lots of bigoted racists on this thread.

Not surprised, just disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 177April 18, 2018 12:50 AM

I’m curious r177, is there any other type of racist other than bigoted? Isn’t that a tautology?

Also, what bits do you think are racist? Admittedly I have some people on ignore so I’m not seeing the whole thread but are you just going with anyone who doesn’t like her is a racist? I don’t like her because I think she’s manipulative. Every person in her past has told the same story. Her being mixed race is irrelevant to the reasons I cannot warm to her.

by Anonymousreply 178April 18, 2018 2:05 AM

Like you said, you have a lot of people on ignore. You clearly aren't seeing some of the posts that I've seen on here.

If you don't like her, that's fine, but if you don't like her and you call her names like mulatto, then....you just might be a racist.

by Anonymousreply 179April 18, 2018 1:53 PM

I like her. She'll be a breath of fresh air in our royal family. I wish her well.

by Anonymousreply 180April 18, 2018 4:03 PM

She gonna be a breath of bad fashion in the royal family.

by Anonymousreply 181April 19, 2018 3:56 AM

She has bad posture, unusual for an "actress."

by Anonymousreply 182April 19, 2018 4:54 AM

She'd have to be pretty bad to beat out Eugenie and Beatrice on the fashion front. Buys those tramps decent bras- and add a couple for Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 183April 19, 2018 6:10 AM

The real problem is that there have been so many titles created over the centuries: just about every county/county town has been used, at some level from baron to duke. So finding something that doesn't 'recycle' a non-royal title, or, say, reuse at ducal level the geography of a lower rank, gets harder. A Scottish dukedom would be an easier task - or maybe revive that old rank, of marquess.

by Anonymousreply 184April 19, 2018 10:49 AM

Is it true she’s just a beard and Harry loves brosex? Not homosex, just brosex with his brahs.

by Anonymousreply 185April 19, 2018 11:08 AM

Article the other day about her body language and how comfortable she has been since the very beginning about being in the spotlight. She was participating in some big Commonwealth doings yesterday and that's supposed to be a big deal since they aren't yet married. IMO she is way too comfortable. I think Meghan likes the spotlight too much and she will compete for it with Harry after the marriage. She will be like Diana trying to carve out her own place instead of being a team player. I worry.

by Anonymousreply 186April 19, 2018 12:19 PM

She DESPERATELY wants to be another Angelina Jolie charity diva, globe-trotting and putting her face in front of the cameras. We'll see how far she'll be allowed to take that.

by Anonymousreply 187April 19, 2018 12:32 PM

I agree R187. That's the thing. How much will she be allowed to do? Because I can see her cooperating at first until she figure it out, but at a certain point her self confidence will kick in and she will begin to rebel at so much control. Telling her what to do what to say where to go, and most importantly what she CANNOT say, or do or go. They'll criticize every thing about her. Right now it's like playing a role. But after two or three years it'll be her life and she will not accept it. Then there will stress and tears and finally it will all go to shit. I weep for Harry.

by Anonymousreply 188April 19, 2018 2:19 PM

Also want to say that the contrast between Meghan and Katherine will be hard to ignore. Katherine is dutiful and dedicated and wants very much to do everything correctly. She and William have a very real, loving, supportive relationship. Katherine is not going to do or say anything to embarrass the family, and when Meghan criticizes all the control Katherine will not put up with her. This Meghan girl, I don't know about her.

by Anonymousreply 189April 19, 2018 2:23 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190April 19, 2018 2:24 PM

R189 - it's spelled Catherine with a "c".

by Anonymousreply 191April 19, 2018 2:25 PM

Look. There's family and there's family. If she has not seen or spoken to someone in more than 3 yrs. WTF would they expect to be invited to her wedding. I have cousins I would'n't recognize on the street, and I would be shocked to get an wedding invitation. Your wedding is your day. You need to do whatever makes it lovely for you. I'm all for harmony. If they were inviting 1000 of their closest friends then yeah. Sprinkle a few outliers in. But all her family is doing now is trying to cash in. Every time they open their mouths they confirm what a smart decision she made to avoid them. They had time to meet HArry when they were dating. SInce they didn't, that should have told them where things stand. It's not like he'd even know them is it?

by Anonymousreply 192April 19, 2018 3:16 PM

The fact that they're speaking to the tabloids AT ALL about their opinions on her wedding and trying to guilt invites to it tells you everything you need to know about them. They are trash. Decent people don't try to manipulate others through the media like that. She's right to ignore the bloodsuckers.

by Anonymousreply 193April 19, 2018 3:20 PM

Will she have any family or long time friends at the wedding? If not, that speaks volumes. Apparently, one of her uncles helped get her an internship at some Embassy. And he's not invited either.

I mean, come on.

Loosing touch is one thing, cutting ties as you climb the ladder is another. Most people have cousins, etc. that they've lost touch with, but how long has it been since she's even seen her father? You know, the father who paid for her college tuition to a high end University.

by Anonymousreply 194April 19, 2018 3:52 PM

We want free food! And $$$

by Anonymousreply 195April 19, 2018 3:54 PM

I didnt realise all of her background family stuff. It sounds very complicated.

I wonder how she will settle into the role of having a family, planting trees and speaking at hum drum events.

She'll no doubt want to carve out her own interests, but how in the public eye do you think she'll want to be?

by Anonymousreply 196April 19, 2018 3:59 PM

Should be "Losing", of course.

by Anonymousreply 197April 19, 2018 4:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198April 19, 2018 4:03 PM

Looks a functional outfit rather than stylish, if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 199April 19, 2018 4:28 PM

Hooker shoes.

by Anonymousreply 200April 19, 2018 4:46 PM

Many criticised Princess Diana's fashions too: Chanel pumps too high a heel, too many trendy designer dresses, etc. I think the future bride looks stylish and chic. Whatever the Royal Family deems tasteless, it shall be made known to her in time, if not already. There certainly have been members of the family with worse taste than Megan.

by Anonymousreply 201April 19, 2018 4:53 PM

She has no poise or sophistication. She looks like a cheap, trashy starlet, even though she's about a decade too old to be a starlet. She's just so common.

Diana had glamour and star quality right from the very beginning. Even as a shy 20 year-old girl, when she began making public appearances as part of the Royal Family there was a certain something about her that was very appealing and stylish.

by Anonymousreply 202April 19, 2018 5:02 PM

I think Princess Sparkle is lovely.

by Anonymousreply 203April 19, 2018 5:05 PM

Obviously HRH Prince Henry of Wales feels otherwise R202.

by Anonymousreply 204April 19, 2018 5:07 PM

Prince Harry is borderline retarded, r204. Seriously, he's thick as pigshit.

by Anonymousreply 205April 19, 2018 5:08 PM

Is Harry an expert in women's clothes?

by Anonymousreply 206April 19, 2018 5:09 PM

Please R202, when she first appeared on the scene, Diana dressed like a common frump.

by Anonymousreply 207April 19, 2018 5:10 PM

Do you fancy yourself an "expert" in women's clothes R206 is more the question.

by Anonymousreply 208April 19, 2018 5:10 PM

Indeed R207, though I don't relish speaking ill of the dead, I daresay she was guilty of what many of my American friends would deem "small town hair" as well. Those overly layered 80's hairstyles were dreadful, not to mention the frosted tips, and later foil highlights, if we really are all being honest.

by Anonymousreply 209April 19, 2018 5:15 PM

She quit her job three month after meeting Harry, then did everything in her power to lock him down including faking a break in to her house and claiming racists attacks from a press that didn't yet know she existed.

She also dropped hints to the press from the beginning - meeting with despicable blowhard Piers Morgan to brag about some guy who wouldn't stop texting her. Guaranteed she told Morgan who that guy was.

Here, Sparkle Stans, read this. Remember that officially she met Harry in July 2016 - by October 2016 she was already planning on becoming Mrs. Harry Princess:

[qupte]Here's Why Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Celebrated When Their Cover Was Blown Princess Diana's biographer reveals the intimate details to Town & Country. Morton says Meghan had been preparing for the public onslaught—or at least for her new life outside of acting—early in their relationship. Not only was she well prepared for the spotlight due to her career as an actress and activist, but also she was pragmatic about what being with Harry meant, making career changes the month her relationship went public.

“There was a kind of inevitability about it,” Morton says. “In actual fact, it’s since been revealed she told her agents back in October 2016, ‘Don’t book me any more gigs, because I won’t be able to fulfill them.’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210April 19, 2018 5:16 PM

Just wrong on so many levels.

When you are dressed incorrectly for the event, it is disrespectful.

by Anonymousreply 211April 19, 2018 5:16 PM

[quote]Please [R202], when she first appeared on the scene, Diana dressed like a common frump.

I was surprised at how common her clothing was considering they made a bid deal of her "nobility" through the Spencer family. Even a teenage girl can pick up some fashion sense by looking through magazines. I think that's why everyone latched on to her hairdo. (Remember the scene in Educating Rita where the old, fat woman wants her hair styled like Diana's?)

by Anonymousreply 212April 19, 2018 5:17 PM

Agreed R212. There were many young American girls at top tier boarding schools who were better dressed than young Lady Diana.

by Anonymousreply 213April 19, 2018 5:21 PM

The British aristocracy (well, all of them really) dress horribly. It's the same reason they never pick up after themselves - they don't have to give a shit what anyone else thinks of them.

by Anonymousreply 214April 19, 2018 5:24 PM

Sadly, r214, the Queen's pocketbook agrees with you. I took a tour of Edinburgh Castle and they have a portrait of Queen Elizabeth when she attended her Scottish Coronation. And the tour guide made a point of mentioning how people at the time were appalled that in the picture she was carrying her purse during the Coronation ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 215April 19, 2018 5:33 PM

Meghan's a famewhore and Harry's a dullard, and this union will end in tears. However, Harry's breeding with an American commoner will introduce much-needed genetic diversity into the Windsor bloodline, thus ensuring proper bone development for several generations of posh fetuses.

by Anonymousreply 216April 19, 2018 6:33 PM

Meghan wore a tight fitting short black dress to a Commonwealth event this evening in London.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217April 19, 2018 6:55 PM

The event was a women's empowerment reception. A woman who gives up everything to get married. Yeah, she's a great role model.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218April 19, 2018 6:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219April 19, 2018 7:00 PM

Where's her fascinator?

by Anonymousreply 220April 19, 2018 7:03 PM

There are those hooker shoes again.

by Anonymousreply 221April 19, 2018 7:04 PM

R219 - Jackie wore little black dresses but they were more classical in shape.

At least this dress actually fits her petite frame. She's practically swimming in the other outfits she's worn. Yep, those hooker shoes are still here. She overcompensates for her shortness by wearing the tallest heels.

by Anonymousreply 222April 19, 2018 7:06 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223April 19, 2018 7:12 PM

Will her fashion sense become more sophisticated once she's in the royal family and getting specialist fashion advice?

by Anonymousreply 224April 19, 2018 7:16 PM

R189, that is really awful. I can’t even...

Usually she does better. That is like Dress Barn shit. The hem...

And the shoes. Those are not daytime shoes. Those are not shoes you wear with a Dubuque third-grade-teacher jumper.

by Anonymousreply 225April 19, 2018 7:25 PM

They both look high. Dilated pupils, kind of out of it, Harry is sweaty. She looked high at the Invictus Games. Her pupils were huge.

She's being very careful to let Harry go first after she pushed him out of the way yesterday.

She really shouldn't draw attention to her (lack of) waist with all the belts and (lack of) calves with the stripper heels.

by Anonymousreply 226April 19, 2018 9:52 PM

R223 When you begin replacing "classy" with classic, or another adjective, I MIGHT begin to take your words seriously. You sound like a jealous teenage mean girl who should spend more time paying attention in English class. Put down those ladies' fashion rags and study!

by Anonymousreply 227April 19, 2018 9:55 PM

She is so horrible.....Please make both of them GO AWAY.

Otherwise, we're going to be stuck with them FOREVER.

by Anonymousreply 228April 19, 2018 10:58 PM

This is only the beginning of the Sparkle media saturation coverage, and everybody I know is already sick of this bitch and her ginger idiot.

I think people who are too young to really remember Diana aren't really into any of this shit.

by Anonymousreply 229April 19, 2018 11:02 PM

R227 - I don't know you so therefore I don't fucking give a rat's ass if you take my words seriously or not.

by Anonymousreply 230April 20, 2018 2:07 PM

R227 - I don't know you so therefore I don't fucking give a rat's ass if you take my words seriously or not.

by Anonymousreply 231April 20, 2018 2:07 PM

There, I said it twice and that will suffice.

Oh and by the way, who the hell died and made you boss? I state my own adjectives thank you.

by Anonymousreply 232April 20, 2018 2:08 PM

Duchess of Crenshaw.

by Anonymousreply 233April 20, 2018 2:21 PM

Princess of Portsmouth

by Anonymousreply 234April 20, 2018 2:23 PM

Portsmouth is taken.

Scunthorpe, surprisingly, is available though.

by Anonymousreply 235April 20, 2018 4:30 PM

Lissen. While all you sods are preoccupied with Harry and Sparkle, there is some serious shit going on in the world. Kanye is introducing a book. Yes. He wrote a book. and he is a fucking poet, ya know? And Kim had some pictures published with the kids and they're adorable. And then Chloe had drama, and a baby, (again adorable) and Kylie had a baby, and now I'm fucking trying to figure out how we, the Kardashian Dynasty regain the headlines. So I'm currently looking into the fact that we may all be members of the Armenian Royal family...before the genocide.

by Anonymousreply 236April 20, 2018 4:41 PM

Markel sounds as if it's from south west England/Gloucestershire/Cotwolds area.

Countess of the Cotswolds sounds nice

by Anonymousreply 237April 20, 2018 6:09 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238April 20, 2018 6:10 PM

In their quest to "modernize", they've lost everything that made them regal. An American divorced woman? Really?

by Anonymousreply 239April 20, 2018 6:41 PM

It's not the fact that she's American & divorced. Its that they have over exposed and over hyped her and Harry. They need to dial it back. And hopefully after the wedding they will get some privacy and we c an get some relief.

by Anonymousreply 240April 20, 2018 7:17 PM

The Duke of Gingerburgh & The Duchess of Suckingham

by Anonymousreply 241April 20, 2018 7:33 PM

Earl of Cloves

Duke of Brittingham

Baron of Munchhausen

Essence of Myrrh

Milk of Magnesia

Quarter of Ten

by Anonymousreply 242April 20, 2018 8:16 PM

At least the sleazy Grimaldi's of Monacco happened to bag an unmarried, Oscar winning actress. Wtf is going on in that family?

by Anonymousreply 243April 20, 2018 9:18 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244April 20, 2018 9:25 PM

Why does Meg's hair always look so messy?

by Anonymousreply 245April 20, 2018 9:27 PM

So is our opinion of her, that she's a coiled spring being tightened up, only to explode at some future date with some public gaff?

by Anonymousreply 246April 20, 2018 10:44 PM

[quote]Why does Meg's hair always look so messy?

Because she's cheap and vulgar.

by Anonymousreply 247April 20, 2018 10:57 PM

R215 what Scottish coronation? First I’ve heard of it and I can’t find any reference to it.

by Anonymousreply 248April 20, 2018 11:11 PM

She’s used goods. Ridden hard and put away wet. B-list actress/whore/trailer park trash. Makes Cowmilla look good. I can see why Charles approved of this union. He wants a trashier marriage than his.

by Anonymousreply 249April 21, 2018 1:08 AM

[quote]Does Meagain know she won’t be a princess? Even when Andrew, the son of a reigning monarch, married he was Prince Andrew, Duke of York and Sarah became HRH Sarah, Duchess of York. Not princess.

Technically, should the Sussex dukedom come to pass on their wedding day she would become HRH The Princess Henry, Duchess of Sussex. But since a Duchess outranks a princess who is not of royal blood, she would be usually styled as HRH The Duchess of Sussex. Of course the queen could choose not to give her an HRH, but that would be both unprecedented & mean.

by Anonymousreply 250April 21, 2018 1:54 AM

[quote]Of course the queen could choose not to give her an HRH, but that would be both unprecedented & mean.

Fuck it, I'm old and don't care.

by Anonymousreply 251April 21, 2018 2:28 AM

[QUOTE] I think Meghan likes the spotlight too much and she will compete for it with Harry after the marriage. She will be like Diana trying to carve out her own place instead of being a team player. I worry.

Well SOMEONE has to since Wills and Katie Doolittle hate the public.

by Anonymousreply 252April 21, 2018 3:22 AM

The HRH and Princess bit is very clever.

Whilst married she'll be HRH The Princess Henry, Duchess of xxxx.

Once divorced she'll be Meghan, Duchess of xxxx.

Just like we saw with Sarah Fergassun.

So losing herr HRH status.

by Anonymousreply 253April 21, 2018 3:31 PM

Let's face it, there is no way that baby bucket is going to produce anything.

by Anonymousreply 254April 21, 2018 3:41 PM

She looks fertile

by Anonymousreply 255April 21, 2018 4:07 PM

R255 - It wouldn't surprise me but Meghan's age may work against her. She could need help and she'll have the best fertility experts to advise her. Now, Kate was thin-as-a-stick like Sparkle as well and yet she can pop out children at random even with the bad morning sickness. Now Kate surprised me with the relative ease at conception. Maybe Meghan will too.

by Anonymousreply 256April 21, 2018 5:01 PM

r250 I'm hip.

Wallis, Duchess of Windsor( still angry at Betty and Cookie)

by Anonymousreply 257April 21, 2018 5:17 PM

I think Harry will want children.

He strikes me as the type to want a family.

by Anonymousreply 258April 21, 2018 6:10 PM

R258 - Harry has said he wants children so yeah he wants a family. It's probably the main reason he's rushing into this marriage.

by Anonymousreply 259April 21, 2018 6:12 PM

I hope Megs has some eggs frozen then, because fertility and egg quality plummet after 35.

by Anonymousreply 260April 21, 2018 6:38 PM

Why are the Grimaldis titled "Serene" HSH and not "Royal" HRH?

by Anonymousreply 261April 21, 2018 6:45 PM

The Lichtenstein royal family is also "Serene," while the Luxembourgh royal family is "Royal."

by Anonymousreply 262April 21, 2018 6:47 PM

R261 - because that's the way it is. Some countries have Serene and others have Royal. Royal is higher than Serene in the pecking order.

by Anonymousreply 263April 21, 2018 6:47 PM

No excessive hand holding and cooing like lovesick teenagers in the latest public outing. Either the honeymoon is already over or they read the tabloid comments.

by Anonymousreply 264April 21, 2018 6:49 PM

R250, "princess who is not of royal blood" is imprecise. Princess Michael of Kent is not "of royal blood" but she outranks all duchesses not holding other statuses above hers in precedence. And in Great Britain and the older titles of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, there are no princesses who are not "of royal blood" or married to men "of royal blood."

by Anonymousreply 265April 21, 2018 6:50 PM

Is she "Moorish"? You know, a native of Wakanda?

by Anonymousreply 266April 21, 2018 7:09 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267April 21, 2018 7:42 PM

Meghan will have a fertility specialist and will end up with twins or triplets.

by Anonymousreply 268April 21, 2018 7:52 PM

[quote]He's clearly The Queen's favorite grandson,

Actually, I think most people agree William is.

The queen feels more connected to him (because he will go through what she has been through as monarch), and she also feels since he's the Heir she can make up in her relationship with him what she failed to do with Charles when she was younger and too busy.

William is her pride; Harry is her joy. But you feel more closely connected to your pride than to your joy, especially if you're Elizabeth II.

by Anonymousreply 269April 21, 2018 8:12 PM

Meghan doesn't need to have children at all if she doesn't want them. Kate's three kids will be considered more than enough to hedge against future worries: there's an heir (George) and a spare (Charlotte), plus even one more spare (the soon-to-be-born baby).

by Anonymousreply 270April 21, 2018 8:14 PM

R270, Kate is definitely making sure one of hers will rule. Not taking any chances.

by Anonymousreply 271April 21, 2018 8:24 PM

[quote]Does Meagain know she won’t be a princess?

What kind of silly question is that? Some of you are just too stupid to breathe.

by Anonymousreply 272April 21, 2018 8:29 PM

It’s a valid question moron @ r272. She will not be Princess Meghan. Not ever.

by Anonymousreply 273April 21, 2018 8:31 PM

r272 they're idiots who hate her for some reason which makes their sad empty lives somehow more tolerable, staving off by one hour, one minute from the day when they hang themselves in the barn, swinging and lonely as they step off the stool, until they ultimately defecate themselves and perish.

by Anonymousreply 274April 21, 2018 8:34 PM

[quote] It’s a valid question moron @ [R272]. She will not be Princess Meghan. Not ever.

No, it's NOT a valid question because she undoubtedly knows that and has for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 275April 21, 2018 8:42 PM

If I were a betting person, I'd say William and Kate will go for one more baby after this one, rendering Harry and any progeny he sires truly superfluous.

by Anonymousreply 276April 21, 2018 8:47 PM

I agree. I think Kate and William will have four kids.

by Anonymousreply 277April 21, 2018 9:51 PM

I understand from a close friend of Reinaldo Herrera who was very close to Margaret and is socially friendly with HRH that Her Majesty's favorite is George and William jokes that he can stop by his Gran's anytime without it being scheduled, as long as he is with George.

by Anonymousreply 278April 21, 2018 11:19 PM

[quote]It’s a valid question moron @ [R272]. She will not be Princess Meghan. Not ever.

And I'm sure she is smart enough to grasp what she will be: HRH The Princess Henry, Duchess of (whatever Duchy the Queen grants Harry on their wedding day). On a day to day basis she will be HRH The Duchess of (whatever Duchy the Queen grants Harry on their wedding day). If the marriage goes south she'll be Rachel (or more likely Meghan), Duchess of (whatever Duchy the Queen grants Harry on their wedding day) as Liz does have a habit of taking back the HRH upon divorce.

by Anonymousreply 279April 22, 2018 1:08 AM

Diana was never “Princess Di” but that didn’t stop the media and the fans. Meghan will push the Princess nonsense too.

by Anonymousreply 280April 22, 2018 12:19 PM

[quote]Meghan will push the Princess nonsense too.

What are you basing this insanity on? Did she deny you an autograph at a Suits fan convention or something?

by Anonymousreply 281April 22, 2018 2:13 PM

R278, I can totally believe that. That boy was born a king. King Spanky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282April 22, 2018 2:18 PM

"Duchess of Sussex" just isn't mellifluous, not like Countess of Wessex which is very satisfying to say.

by Anonymousreply 283April 22, 2018 2:24 PM

R267 - yeah Nutmeg, we've been there, done that, worn that so please move along girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284April 22, 2018 2:33 PM

R267 - We do it a lot better too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285April 22, 2018 2:43 PM

Please, not 'Duke of Sussex.' It sounds to much like Duke of 'Suck-it.'

by Anonymousreply 286April 22, 2018 2:47 PM

And now on to the more important questions like...

Will Prince Harry (unlike his big brother) wear a wedding ring???

by Anonymousreply 287April 22, 2018 3:32 PM

I wonder if Harry and Will ever tag-teamed a girl when they were younger.

by Anonymousreply 288April 22, 2018 3:43 PM

Sparkle in that Blue cape thing looks like one of those old time nurses from the 1940s.

by Anonymousreply 289April 22, 2018 3:45 PM

You DL fashionistas are hilarious. I think she looked nice, if a little dour at the Birthday concert. Her hair is gorgeous.

R279, although Harry will be "Prince Henry, The Duke of Whatever", I don't think Harry (or his spouse) will automatically get a definite article "The" in front of "Prince" until he becomes the child of the sovereign. If you review the titles vs dates of the soverign's children vs their grandchildren or cousins, you'll see what I'm talking about. The only exception I've ever seen is "The Prince Philip", which had to be done manually.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290April 22, 2018 3:46 PM

Let's break this down, their matching ensembles, above.

Harry: A blue tie with a blue suit; a fashion faux pas; black shoes with a blue suit; another fashion faux pas, the heel height of his shoes is way too high. Now, let us move on to Sparkle's fashion faux paws: the handbag and the shoes do not match; suede or faux suede shoes are never to be seen beyond January; and her shoe color is all wrong, as is the shade of her hose. (If her outfit was a full monochromatic color, blue, Tres Chic.)

by Anonymousreply 291April 22, 2018 4:10 PM

^ . . . if her outfit were . . .

by Anonymousreply 292April 22, 2018 4:11 PM

[quote]black shoes with a blue suit; another fashion faux pas

You clearly buy your outfits from Walmart. Black shoes and blue suit is hardly a fashion faux pas. Stay in your lane sweetheart. You clearly know nothing.

by Anonymousreply 293April 22, 2018 4:27 PM

I do wonder about Harry and blue suits. He seems to always wear a blue suit and it is almost always poorly tailored. Google photos of Harry out and about and it's the blue suit. probably has 20 of them lining his closet. I wonder if he and Meghan have had a chat about his appearance?

by Anonymousreply 294April 22, 2018 4:32 PM

What is this "Walmart" of which you know so well?

by Anonymousreply 295April 22, 2018 4:32 PM

R294 here. Will add that at least this seems like a navy suit.. His "uniform" blue suit is more like a uniform color of lighter blue.

by Anonymousreply 296April 22, 2018 4:33 PM

Oh, shit! Sparkle really does have her work cut out for her with those Middleton girls -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297April 22, 2018 4:40 PM

Pippa and her man both look like long distance runners, based on recent DL knowledge that I've acquired. Not at all agreeable.

At least Kate has a fat face.

by Anonymousreply 298April 22, 2018 4:44 PM

R291, having shoes match the handbag is passé. The royals do like their monochromatic outfits though but I agree those suede shoes were the wrong choice. This looks like an attempt to coordinate with Harry (William and Kate manage to coordinate quite often) but it has fallen down in the details. Most of her looks have been problematic*. I'm not sure if she's trying to carve out her own style independently or if the palace advisors are holding back until after the wedding or what.

*Problematic in that the wrap coats were too big for her and looked sloppy, the engagement dress was a fricking ball gown that didn't match Harry's every day blue suit, wearing the jacket with enormous shoulder pads over her shoulders with a sundress underneath, this blue outfit looks weirdly unflattering esp the length, etc

It's not that stylists get it right all the time (or even most of the time) but very few actresses have the experience and taste to dress well for each occasion. She should look to Letizia (? Spanish queen) for guidance. Very polished but not stodgy (like Kate is more or less forced to be).

by Anonymousreply 299April 22, 2018 4:58 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300April 22, 2018 5:18 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301April 23, 2018 2:52 PM

That dress is a bit inappropriate for a memorial service, and so is her constant smirk.

by Anonymousreply 302April 23, 2018 2:54 PM

She looks ancient here but then she is ancient!

by Anonymousreply 303April 23, 2018 2:57 PM

Markle is getting gray.

by Anonymousreply 304April 23, 2018 3:10 PM

The sparkle is quickly falling from Markle.

by Anonymousreply 305April 23, 2018 3:16 PM

r305 posted that before jumping from a nearby bridge, having realized he had made the wittiest comment in his lifetime and could never top it. We'll miss you!

by Anonymousreply 306April 23, 2018 3:47 PM

[quote]Dowdy in a dress too big and long for her petite frame.

She needs to start wearing pantyhose to smooth out those ugly legs and feet.

by Anonymousreply 307April 23, 2018 3:56 PM

Her feet are fugly r307. The Daily mail had pics of them recently.

by Anonymousreply 308April 23, 2018 4:03 PM

Why would Harry Marry an old black lady? Is he gay?j

by Anonymousreply 309April 23, 2018 4:07 PM

It looked to me like she was wearing pantyhose to the Queen's 92nd birthday celebration at Albert Hall. I thought she had gotten the message.

But, no, here we are again. Too bad. She's been told, but doesn't care.

And the clothes are inappropriate for the occasion.

by Anonymousreply 310April 23, 2018 4:12 PM

R310 I was looking for a name for my next book, thanks dear. "Meghan - Improperly attired for any occasion"

by Anonymousreply 311April 23, 2018 4:31 PM

r311, having penned his ultimate masterpiece slamming Meghan for no reason (or possibly because he's racist), sat in his car, turned it on, closed the garage door, and lit his final cigarette. "Today," he thought before he died of self-inflicted carbon monoxide asphyxiation, "was a good day."

by Anonymousreply 312April 23, 2018 4:35 PM

R301 dress is ok , just not for a memorial service. Who is helping to dress her ?

by Anonymousreply 313April 23, 2018 5:31 PM

I wish Princess Margaret were still alive, so she could cunt it up with Miss Sparkle, as only Margaret could.

by Anonymousreply 314April 23, 2018 5:34 PM

Meghan is getting some dreadful fashion advice.

Where's her hat for a start. No jacket.

And those heels! Entirely wrong.

At least she didnt show up in wellington boots and dungarees I suppose, we need to be greatful for that.

by Anonymousreply 315April 23, 2018 5:42 PM

R315, agreed! Dress not appropriate; should be knee length skirt, sleeves or a jacket. And why nude shoes? I can’t figure that out. Although if she’d gone with black, they’d be patent stilettos.

I don’t care what they say about Kate M. Whatever she’s wearing is always appropriate for the occasion. There aren’t too many celebs you can say THAT about. Ivanka comes to mind as a person who SHOULD always nail it, but she never does.

by Anonymousreply 316April 23, 2018 5:49 PM

Tacky bitches, both of them R316.

by Anonymousreply 317April 23, 2018 5:59 PM

She doesn't need to dress like a frump, but she's a little too casual for a royal.

Harry can get away with it, being a proper royal. She won't be able to.

by Anonymousreply 318April 23, 2018 6:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319April 23, 2018 6:30 PM

I think this marriage is doomed. She is too old.

by Anonymousreply 320April 23, 2018 6:47 PM

There's something about Meghan. This girl. She cares too much for the cameras. She is too much with the publicity. She will see everything through the lens of the very commercial celebrity culture of America and she will question and insist on arguing about why she should or should not do certain things. I see much trouble on Harry's horizon. Meghan is too comfortable too fast.

by Anonymousreply 321April 23, 2018 7:28 PM

[quote]She cares too much for the cameras. She is too much with the publicity.

Then she needs to get better fashion sense. Seriously, if she had a great fashion style, she'd avoid a lot of criticism.

by Anonymousreply 322April 23, 2018 7:31 PM

I've been reading the comments of late over on Daily Mail. While it's true, over past weeks, they don't favor Sparkle, the comments on this most recent appearance at the church memorial service has people even more angry.

The result is that more and more people are concluding that Sparkle has been told, knows what the rules are and doesn't give a shit and is thumbing her nose at the whole deal. And, even more troubling for Royal watchers, some posters are starting to get angry with Harry for her behavior. This might bode ill for the Royal Family.

by Anonymousreply 323April 23, 2018 7:43 PM

Who wears a sleeveless dress to a memorial service? She'll probably wear a bikini to the 7/7 Tube Bombing Memorial.

by Anonymousreply 324April 23, 2018 7:52 PM

[QUOTE] black shoes with a blue suit; another fashion faux pas,

I thought this was ok’d a few years ago? I myself don’t wear the combo but I thought it was now acceptable. I’m not a fan of blue suits period, unless it’s so dark that it’s almost black.

by Anonymousreply 325April 24, 2018 11:30 AM

[QUOTE] She cares too much for the cameras. She is too much with the publicity.

You mean like the divorced borderline personality Saint Diana, who was never going to be queen anyway, whose memory people will never forget and hence cause the rightful queen consort to bear a stupid made-up title like Princess Consort?

by Anonymousreply 326April 24, 2018 11:34 AM

Camilla will always pale in comparison to Princess Diana, that's just the way it is.

One of the very few benefits of dying young.

by Anonymousreply 327April 24, 2018 1:48 PM

She's got a touch of Darryl Hannah in her. And we know what Jackie said about her! (She's like an unmade bed.)

by Anonymousreply 328April 24, 2018 1:51 PM

At the Queen's birthday bash, it looks like Princess Anne's husband was the only one who paid Nutmeg any attention. Boy, does she look grateful or what?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329April 24, 2018 2:14 PM

If Meghan is role-playing this is going to get old for her in a few years. Her pouts and tantrums will exasperate Harry, and finally, it will all end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 330April 24, 2018 2:19 PM

I like Harry and Meghan. The are buds with Obama.

by Anonymousreply 331April 24, 2018 2:21 PM

So did Kate's recent male crotchfruit end up demoting Harry?

by Anonymousreply 332April 24, 2018 2:22 PM

This marriage is definitely doomed. If you think Kate is going to let an alien (I believe that’s what you Americans call immigrants before they become citizens) take the spotlight, think again. She’s not even well heeled, and that’s the only type of American who has quasi access to the British upper class.

by Anonymousreply 333April 24, 2018 2:25 PM

Oh dear!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334April 24, 2018 2:34 PM

No, Meghan may not be well-heeled but she isn't poor. She did all right for herself as a working actress. I'd bet she has a couple million stashed away.

by Anonymousreply 335April 24, 2018 2:36 PM

[QUOTE] She’s not even well heeled, and that’s the only type of American who has quasi access to the British upper class.

And yet she’s marrying the son of the future king in just a few short weeks, so here we are baybee. Here we are....

by Anonymousreply 336April 24, 2018 2:58 PM

R336, when they get divorced she’ll tell anyone who will listen “they never fully accepted me as one of their own”. And she’ll be absolute right.

by Anonymousreply 337April 24, 2018 3:03 PM

You’re right r337 and no matter what her behavior may or may not have been she will parlay it into perpetual victimhood.

by Anonymousreply 338April 24, 2018 3:23 PM

Hey, perpetual victimhood worked for Diana.

by Anonymousreply 339April 24, 2018 3:43 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340April 24, 2018 3:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341April 24, 2018 4:21 PM

If my son dated black girl, I would slit my wrists. I feel bad for the queen.

by Anonymousreply 342April 24, 2018 4:25 PM

R342 - Meghan is actually bi-racial (half black, half white) but of course some Deplorables only see the black.

by Anonymousreply 343April 24, 2018 4:31 PM

Racist Ivan at 342 blocked

by Anonymousreply 344April 24, 2018 4:42 PM

I said it before, if you’re an American and you’re taking offense that one of your own is marrying into the royal family of a country you don’t live in, you’re an asshole and most likely your dislike of it is because you’re a racist.

by Anonymousreply 345April 24, 2018 4:43 PM

#345 -Personally, I'm glad that the monarchy is getting some diversity. It's the sign of the times. However, I don't like Meghan because I think she's a narcissistic user and a fame whore. It doesn't matter what race, nationality or religion a person is if they have some less than sterling qualities. But you keep on living in your bubble.

by Anonymousreply 346April 24, 2018 4:53 PM

R346 to reference a previous post put R in front of the number but without a space, i.e. R 346.

by Anonymousreply 347April 24, 2018 5:12 PM

This chick dumped her "package deal" rescue dogs -the ones she used non-stop on social media to promote herself. One dog, it was claimed originally, was "too old" to make the trip to the UK, even though, from her own social media of him as a puppy, he was at most six. And she had private planes and ocean liners at her disposal, so he could have made the trip in the lap of luxury.

The other dog came with her, but almost immediately broke two legs and hasn't been heard from since. She has shown no concern for the dog, and when asked in the engagement interview, seemed as if she barely remembered him.

Her dad, who spoiled her rotten - FED-EXing chicken soup to her at college - and spent a fortune on private schools and university for her, lives in a cartel-infested dump in Mexico, after declaring bankruptcy for a very modest amount only in 2016 - if she had money, why didn't she help her dad?

Her dad hasn't met Harry, and it's unclear if he's actually been invited to her wedding - her relatives and her biographer, Andrew Morton, say he hasn't.

She hasn't invited most if not all of her paternal relatives, but she also hasn't invited her mother's Black siblings to her wedding. At her first (or possibly second) wedding, her mother was apparently the only Person of Color; so much for the whole Woman of Color nonsense her supporters like R345 and R343 go on about. This woman is an opportunist, pure and simple. She's Black when it suits her, which doesn't seem to be often.

Her mother too has declared bankruptcy, so again, if Megs has so much money, who not help her mom out?

After hooking up with an agency that specializes in raising celebrity's profiles by engaging them in humanitarian work, she has done two or so humanitarian trips, styled as if she were doing a photoshoot for Vogue, during which she used little brown people as props. She boasts about these endlessly.

This self-professed proud feminist quit her job three months into dating Harry. She will have to walk behind him in public, and play second fiddle, for the rest of her life. She will have to curtsey to Lazy Katie and Worthless Will.

Get the picture, R345? Overuse of the "racist" word is one of the reasons we have Trump. Just looking at this woman in her own words - like the self-aggrandizing word salad on her execrable blog "The Tig" -you can tell that she's a narcissist and a user, but keep going R345, and we will have Trump, or someone even worse, forever.

by Anonymousreply 348April 24, 2018 5:16 PM

Yes R346 but why would that bother you? What do you have to benefit from the British royal family not being infiltrated by a fame whore?

by Anonymousreply 349April 24, 2018 5:16 PM

R348 if what you say is true, they are in for a world of trouble with this one. She’ll make Diana and Fergie seem harmless.

by Anonymousreply 350April 24, 2018 7:11 PM

But why do you care, unless their your royal family.

Or you’re Team Kate.

by Anonymousreply 351April 24, 2018 7:20 PM

They’re not their

by Anonymousreply 352April 24, 2018 7:20 PM

American culture is very different to British culture especially when it comes to matters of royalty. The wealthy of America expect to be treated like royalty and also talk down to the little people. There is no noblesse oblige when Americans have money. It’s all about showing off and rubbing peoples’ faces in it. An American is unsuitable for the job. Too loud, vulgar and needy.

by Anonymousreply 353April 24, 2018 7:24 PM

It's a great distraction from Donnie Dump, R351. And I hate narcissists and hate to see them get what they want at the expense of everyone around them.

But also, I remember sad little Harry, that confused, grief-stricken boy following his mother's coffin through those huge crowds, and wanted him to have true love someday with someone who cared for him for himself, not a famewhore grifter who might take whatever trust he has forever.

by Anonymousreply 354April 24, 2018 7:25 PM

r353 America has lots of classy rich people. The Real Housewives types are not everyone.

by Anonymousreply 355April 24, 2018 7:25 PM

[quote] But also, I remember sad little Harry, that confused, grief-stricken boy following his mother's coffin through those huge crowds, and wanted him to have true love someday with someone who cared for him for himself, not a famewhore grifter who might take whatever trust he has forever.

Thanks, R354.

by Anonymousreply 356April 24, 2018 7:30 PM

R348 makes good points.

I wish all the fireworks would start happening already. I can’t wait!

by Anonymousreply 357April 24, 2018 7:55 PM

[QUOTE] But also, I remember sad little Harry, that confused, grief-stricken boy following his mother's coffin through those huge crowds, and wanted him to have true love someday

Princess MARY!

by Anonymousreply 358April 24, 2018 8:05 PM

I know, R358 - very Mary of me, but Harry was so small and had to go through such public grief, when a kid that age can't even fathom what happens when Mummy dies, much less such a terrible death and one that he had to share with the world.

Harry the man seems like a bit of a tool, and very dim, but he doesn't seem like a horrible person - and how much of his behavior comes from losing his mother in such a grotesque way- so I think that he still deserves some happiness.

When you look at pictures of him and Chelsey they seem genuinely in love. Wish he could have that with someone again.

by Anonymousreply 359April 24, 2018 8:12 PM

R359, the UK tabloids tore Chelsea to death. Yes she wasn’t refined but neither is he. Now he’s stuck with a divorced American arriviste.

by Anonymousreply 360April 24, 2018 8:44 PM

Why does she always wear her hair like a whore? This isn't L.A.

by Anonymousreply 361April 24, 2018 9:05 PM

Another gossip site claims that Sparkle never used to wear her hair with those dangling tentacles of hair.

Apparently someone took the time to go back over lots of her old publicity shots and nope, no tentacles. Apparently they appeared around the time Harry did.

So, that means that the excuse for them as a cover up her hairline is not true. No guilt required over the dangling hair bits.

by Anonymousreply 362April 24, 2018 10:59 PM

Why do people hate her so much?

Seriously, on this board, it's like she personally ran over your pet rabbit or something.

I couldn't care less about her and her place in the royal family (I'm American), but why are so many people out with razors for her?

by Anonymousreply 363April 25, 2018 12:52 AM

R363, see my posts at R348 and R354.

I maybe wouldn't dislike her as much if Celebitchy posters didn't remind me so much of Trump supporters in their blind and slavish devotion to Megs: they excuse every flashing red light about Sparkle -- and there are so many - because she's a "woman of color" - even though she seems to use her mixed-race status like she uses everything and everyone in her life, discarding them when they are no longer useful.

And I loathe faux humanitarians. I hate that they build their own celebrity on the backs of people trapped in poverty.

by Anonymousreply 364April 25, 2018 1:07 AM

Duke and Duchess of Essex

by Anonymousreply 365April 25, 2018 1:37 AM

Harry and William are all about African charities. How would it look if Harry married a wealthy icy blond beauty and daughter of white African post-colonial privilege? Plus wasn’t she a big partier? I thought I remember seeing tabloid pics of her looking like she was rode hard and put away wet. What makes you think he doesn’t love Meghan? Why would he marry someone that’s so outside his sphere if he wasn’t besotted?

Ps Chelsey had long stringy hooker hair too.

by Anonymousreply 366April 25, 2018 1:52 AM

Pssst! Straight men like long hair.

by Anonymousreply 367April 25, 2018 1:54 AM

I don't hate Meghan. I just feel protective of Harry, since we've watched him grow up and go through all the shit he has gone through. He's come out the other end stronger wiser and I just really like Harry. I think he has a good heart. So I don't want to see him get snagged by someone who is not going to treasure him. Period. Not saying Meghan is all the bad things I've read here. But IMO the jury is still out on her. When I See how William and Kate interact with one another you can see there is something special there. I want that for Harry too.

by Anonymousreply 368April 25, 2018 2:00 AM

Most of the queens here criticizing Meghan probably aren’t even from the UK or one of the countries that recognize the British Monarch as their head of state. Why they feel like they have a duty to protect the oh so sacred British monarchy from the oh so dangerous and unsuitable AMERICAN divorcee is a mystery. Don’t you think she was rigorously vetted by the palace? Btw, Harry isn’t that much of a prize either. He’s losing his hair fast and has had a wild past which doesn’t need to be forgiven just because he’s male. He looks just like Prince Philip too so Meghan is going to wind up with a red haired version of Philip’s beeky German features. He’s also falling fast down the line of succession so ultimately he’s going to be basically become Prince Andrew.

I don’t remember anyone here complaining when hot Prince Carl Philip of Sweden married the tattooed yoga instructor a few years ago, or when hot Crown Prince Haakon married the single mother with a taste for X and Molly.

by Anonymousreply 369April 25, 2018 2:02 AM

[quote]Camilla will always pale in comparison to Princess Diana, that's just the way it is.

DIANA is DEAD!

And Camilla the Cat is alive... ALIVE!!!

by Anonymousreply 370April 25, 2018 2:04 AM

[QUOTE] When I See how William and Kate interact with one another you can see there is something special there.

Kate is nothing but a new money opportunist just like her mother, and she hates her public role and so does William. She’s no one to look up to. She can’t even wear the right hat, and she stoops.

by Anonymousreply 371April 25, 2018 2:04 AM

Both their pussys stink.

by Anonymousreply 372April 25, 2018 2:07 AM

[quote] And I loathe faux humanitarians. I hate that they build their own celebrity on the backs of people trapped in poverty.

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 373April 25, 2018 2:14 AM

[quote]I don’t remember anyone here complaining when hot Prince Carl Philip of Sweden married the tattooed yoga instructor a few years ago, or when hot Crown Prince Haakon married the single mother with a taste for X and Molly.

That's because nobody knows who the fuck they are, dear.

by Anonymousreply 374April 25, 2018 2:32 AM

Well guess what, hunny. There are seven kingdoms in Europe, two principalities, and one grand duchy. The Windsors are but one family out of many. And guess what? Some of those royal families have more money and property than the Windsors do. And some are considered way more educated and sophisticated in politics and art, and hate to say it but with the exception of the Dutch house of Orange and the increasingly haggy looking Grimaldi princesses in Monaco, most are or were very handsome people unlike the horse faced Windsors.

I’d much rather spend and evening having drinks and smokes and discussing European politics or art and design with Queen Margrethe II of Denmark, than to talk about dogs and horses with Queen Elizabeth II of The UK.

by Anonymousreply 375April 25, 2018 11:45 AM

They all need to stop with the drink. It affects our skin. It ages you. The smoking and the drink. None of them will age well and look regal. Face it. The queen at 92 has a healthier glow that the nicotine fiends walking around with their gin and tonics.

by Anonymousreply 376April 25, 2018 11:49 AM

Who are the smokers in the royal family? Does Camilla still smoke?

by Anonymousreply 377April 25, 2018 11:50 AM

R369 I don’t think anybody gives a fuck that she’s American. They do care that she’s a manipulative user with a shady past. If those yachting stories and pay to play while on Suits prove to be real she’s going to be roasted by the press. The media are majorly fucked off at the presumptuous threatening letters she and Harry fired off long before any engagements. They are biding their time for the most devastating moment to out her.

As for “vetting”, I don’t think that would matter if Harry was determined.

by Anonymousreply 378April 25, 2018 12:10 PM

Oh, dear.

I have news for you, Miss Priss at R376.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379April 25, 2018 12:18 PM

The Queen Mother was pickled 24/7 and lived to be 101 years old.

by Anonymousreply 380April 25, 2018 12:30 PM

Yes, R380, but she had bad skin.....

I was kidding...sort of. Actually, I saw a close up of Kate's face in one of the photos from the hospital, and Kate has bad skin. It's the texture of it. I think she used to smoke. I don't think she has smoked for the past four or five years but she used to. And I think Harry still might. I wonder if the Middletons used to smoke. I can't imagine they would ever want the kids around second hand smoke so I do thin since George came into the world they have probably stopped, but Carol Middleton and Kate have rough looking skin.

by Anonymousreply 381April 25, 2018 12:39 PM

Don’t forget, President Obama was a heavy smoker

by Anonymousreply 382April 25, 2018 1:00 PM

I don’t jump smokers. Sometimes they’re very interesting people, because they seem to relax when they’re smoking. And everyone knows a smoke goes great with a drink

by Anonymousreply 383April 25, 2018 1:01 PM

It's ot just smoking it's your diet. I think with all the sausage and red meat they eat along with all the gin and the ciggies, the Brits have bad skin.

by Anonymousreply 384April 25, 2018 2:10 PM

R384 - maybe you're talking about the new generation with the bad skin. Britain is where the phrase "peaches and cream" come from. The Queen has lovely skin as did her generation of royals.

by Anonymousreply 385April 25, 2018 2:15 PM

Wearing black at a memorial with William and Harry today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386April 25, 2018 2:19 PM

Another outfit that doesn't fit her. The coat is too big for her tiny frame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387April 25, 2018 2:20 PM

The monarchy needs to end. How can you respect them now.

by Anonymousreply 388April 25, 2018 2:22 PM

Love the look on William's face in r386's link. That just about sums it up.

Meghan is attending all of these memorials and events which are very specific to British life and culture, and it just seems so forced and transparent. You know she had never heard of any of these people five minutes ago.

by Anonymousreply 389April 25, 2018 2:24 PM

She's swimming in that gray coat and the boho hat is just all wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390April 25, 2018 3:14 PM

The black bolero is too short and the skirt is too long. Her cheeks while kissing William are getting mighty gaunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391April 25, 2018 3:16 PM

Her facial expressions / smirks don't fit either. She's not an asset to the family.

by Anonymousreply 392April 25, 2018 3:21 PM

Ridden hard and put away wet is the term to describe her.

by Anonymousreply 393April 25, 2018 3:22 PM

Here is some of Nutmeg's fashion choices. I'm not impressed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394April 25, 2018 3:28 PM

Is it just me or is she getting really pale?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395April 25, 2018 3:30 PM

I don't think she looks well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396April 25, 2018 3:32 PM

If her father is not going, who do you think will walk her down the aisle? Do you think it might be her mother?

by Anonymousreply 397April 25, 2018 3:42 PM

She’s very plain looking for a supposed actress. She must give awesome blowjobs.

by Anonymousreply 398April 25, 2018 3:47 PM

R397 - well, she likes to portray herself as a "modern woman" even though she gave up EVERYTHING to marry a man. Her mother walking her down the aisle would be quite the statement . A black mother would be the tops! Prince Philip would have a stroke!

I can see the "ambitious" Meghan pulling a fast one and asking Prince Charles or Prince William to walk her down the aisle. Seal of approval is secured, fuck you bitches!

by Anonymousreply 399April 25, 2018 3:50 PM

Princess Michael bathes in the blood of virgins like her ancestress Elizabeth Bathory did.

by Anonymousreply 400April 25, 2018 4:10 PM

The British Royal Family is the biggest White Supremacist outfit on earth.

by Anonymousreply 401April 25, 2018 4:39 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402April 25, 2018 5:15 PM

I think she's very pretty, much prettier than any other royal in recent history. But her constant awareness of the cameras, the overemoting, and the large number of people who've shared the same story of being dumped by her, is concerning.

by Anonymousreply 403April 25, 2018 5:37 PM

Before Harry came into the picture, I wonder who she was going to target. I wonder if she's ever tried infiltrating other rich, famous men's circles. Tom Cruise? She seems to have been trying to set up a base on England over the past few years...maybe she was after Kate Middleton's brother? Or a friend of the princes?

by Anonymousreply 404April 25, 2018 5:40 PM

Hmmm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405April 25, 2018 5:58 PM

According to a British journalist, in an article in the Daily Mail, Sparkle contacted her about an English footballer (soccer player) Ashley Cole, who is very rich. Sparkle wanted to know if he was a good bet. Sparkle also followed a few other English footballers on her social media; the minute that was discovered her accounts were closed.

She also allegedly had an affair with a Canadian hockey player, one that she and the hockey player deny, but...

In any case, it seems she was trying to make the leap to the UK long before Harry, as evidenced as her hanging out there a lot and by her hiring a British PR outfit to boost her charity profile.

by Anonymousreply 406April 25, 2018 6:51 PM

PS, the National Enquirer also claimed NBC staffers that Sparkle and Matt Lauer were often in his office with the door closed when she went on the show to do cooking segments or whatever. I don't watch that show, but do they often have Z-listers from cable shows do cooking segments?

by Anonymousreply 407April 25, 2018 6:53 PM

Thirsty slag, that one...

And no discernible talent either. She should stay in the US.

by Anonymousreply 408April 25, 2018 6:55 PM

Idiot at R389, it’s her new role. She HAS to. How stupid are you? This is how every role bride for centuries has had to act. They are expected to go to events in their new home country and act interested and charming. Hapsburgs, Bourbons, Romanovs... they all had to and they didn’t necessarily like it. Princess Ena of Battenburg became Queen of Spain and had to watch bullfights and pretend to enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 409April 25, 2018 7:26 PM

So, at the wedding reception of Charles and Camilla, the Queen went off to a side room to watch a horse race.

And at the reception of Sparkle and Harry, people will disappear to watch the FA Cup Finals.

by Anonymousreply 410April 25, 2018 8:55 PM

All the people that hate Meghan so much, have you considered why you're so obsessed over her and are trying to tear her to shreds, so much so that these threads always turn into 85 percent Meghan hate, and the people who do comment otherwise get beat up immediately and usually slink off and ignore the thread rather than deal with the vitriol coming from a handful of professional haters? She seems perfectly pleasant to me

I don't think that "The DL" has spoken on Meghan. I think it's a few of you who have an unhealthy obsession, for whatever reason and you chase off anyone who disagrees. You're basically trolls who take over any modern royal thread and relentlessly pound on Meghan until everyone else has fled.

by Anonymousreply 411April 25, 2018 10:08 PM

R411 everyone is allowed to have their own tastes, their own opinions, likes, dislikes... in this case the majority of DL seem to be able to see right through her. You may not agree but that’s your opinion, your claim that everyone who holds a different opinion is a troll is facile. You’ll get over it. Or not.

by Anonymousreply 412April 25, 2018 10:15 PM

None of the anti Meghan hate takes away from the fact that Kate is lazy new money and not beloved by her countrymen.

by Anonymousreply 413April 25, 2018 10:21 PM

R411- go to Celebitchy.com - you will feel right at home.

by Anonymousreply 414April 25, 2018 11:32 PM

The long coat is a little too big for her by the arm length and shoulder. She is not wearing the coat the coat is wearing her. The three quarter length bolero jacket is cute but boring. I don't know why some fraus think she is a style icon. Some of her clothes look like a cross between jc penny and Ann Taylor loft. She has such a pretenscious smuck on her face like she is acting or shall I say hypnotized. I guess she was deprogrammed before appearing in public.

by Anonymousreply 415April 26, 2018 1:12 AM

She's just so boring, smug and common.

by Anonymousreply 416April 26, 2018 1:16 AM

There’s pics in the DM of her gazing adoringly up at Will. This one has sharp elbows, Harry needs to step back and reassess.

by Anonymousreply 417April 26, 2018 1:25 AM

oh, please. Whatever happens will happen. She and Harry will marry and either it'll work or it won't. Either she'll be helpful or she won't. If she is smart as well as ambitious, she will realize she is as lucky as a pig in slop, and she will do the job, and support the Prince, and be a role model or WTF ever she said she wanted to be. And thin about it. Do you think the Queen has not had her investigated to within an inch if her life? There is absolutely nothing they don't know about her. All this trashing is tiresome. Really. It is. I mean it's all rather ointless. But then again this is DL and pointless bitchery is our signature.

by Anonymousreply 418April 26, 2018 1:38 AM

What else would these leathery old fraus do if they couldn't nitpick Meghan and act above it all? If they were dogs, they'd be the whining poodle who repeatedly shits on your rug, and you'd have it gassed.

by Anonymousreply 419April 26, 2018 10:02 AM

She’ll be shagging Wills in no time. Bitch wants the crown!

by Anonymousreply 420April 26, 2018 10:40 AM

[quote]And I'm sure she is smart enough to grasp what she will be: HRH The Princess Henry, Duchess of (whatever Duchy the Queen grants Harry on their wedding day). On a day to day basis she will be HRH The Duchess of (whatever Duchy the Queen grants Harry on their wedding day). If the marriage goes south she'll be Rachel (or more likely Meghan), Duchess of (whatever Duchy the Queen grants Harry on their wedding day) as Liz does have a habit of taking back the HRH upon divorce

The Queen is not granting duchys, she's granting royal dukedoms. The Queen does not have a habit of taking back HRHs upon divorce. Rank is determined by the husband and/or father, Princess Margaret did not lose HRH upon divorce. Diana and Sarah did. It would not seem sensible to the Queen do any anything else. Surely you are smart to grasp that.

by Anonymousreply 421April 26, 2018 11:09 AM

Duke of Mayonnaise.

by Anonymousreply 422April 26, 2018 11:25 AM

Question to R207, what is wrong with foiled highlights? What else is a ditchwater blonde supposed to do?

by Anonymousreply 423April 26, 2018 12:34 PM

I am not a frau. I work in fashion and homegirl can't own an outfit to save her image. The clothes seems to mostly wear her not the other way around. She has no sense of personal style. At least I will give Kate credit that the clothes she wears fit her body type and she does seem to actually wear the clothes. She doesn't disappear in what she is wearing.

by Anonymousreply 424April 26, 2018 2:19 PM

Some of Meagain’s coats look like she’s entombed in a rolled up carpet.

by Anonymousreply 425April 26, 2018 10:13 PM

^^^this will be next winter’s trend, you watch.

by Anonymousreply 426April 27, 2018 1:36 AM

Sigh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427April 27, 2018 1:38 AM

wrong thread, sorry

by Anonymousreply 428April 27, 2018 1:40 AM

Meagain will leak something soon. These headlines have not been trending wedding for too many days. Time to don another fitted overcoat.

by Anonymousreply 429April 27, 2018 11:34 AM

There’s nothing fitted about those overcoats.

by Anonymousreply 430April 27, 2018 1:10 PM

Do Brits think Sparkle was some big celebrity in the US? Because Americans had also never heard of her before the Harry thing.

by Anonymousreply 431April 27, 2018 4:18 PM

R387 Thank you for raising that hat. It was horrible

by Anonymousreply 432April 27, 2018 5:58 PM

R431, I wonder that, too. I’d never heard of her. It cracks me up that she was toiling away in obscurity and probably considered herself a celebrity.

Well, she gets the last laugh. She’s a celebrity now.

by Anonymousreply 433April 28, 2018 12:07 AM

r429 are you sure? Maybe you should change your 40 Google alerts, you may have missed some important news!

by Anonymousreply 434April 28, 2018 1:47 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435April 28, 2018 1:52 PM

Slightly OT, but Princess Michael is truly the gift that keeps on giving (she's the one who wore a blackamoor broach to meet Meghan). "In an interview with Vanity Fair, her daughter's ex-boyfriend claims the Princess bought a pair of black sheep and and named them Venus and Serena. He also said "royals and Nazis go together like blini and caviar. It was that everyone above a certain age in Britain is at least a tiny bit racist."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436April 28, 2018 9:23 PM

Yes, R436, I saw that article.

He's a real piece of work. And I mean that in no way as a defense for Princess Michael.

I've read that the daughter (his once girlfriend) is supposed to be "bookish" and nice. Any Brits care to comment about her?

by Anonymousreply 437April 29, 2018 2:36 AM

The Indian ex is now married to a man in the US.

by Anonymousreply 438April 29, 2018 10:13 AM

R438, That's interesting. I had no idea. I thought that article was interesting, but rather a shameful, take-down piece, and I'm not even a fan of the Prince and Princess Michael. He claims to have been fond of them, but he's really thrown them under the bus with his writing.

by Anonymousreply 439April 29, 2018 12:07 PM

Straight men only care about youthfulness when choosing bride. These Windsor men seem to be an exception assuming they r straight. Charles attraction to Camille is bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 440April 29, 2018 1:40 PM

Hereford's a cow. Sussex, has the SEX, sounds like sucking, and is too much like whimpy Edward, Duke of Wessex.

What about Buckingham?

Cumberland is nice but it makes me think of paddleboats on the Cumberland River in TN.

by Anonymousreply 441April 29, 2018 1:51 PM

R301 She was the only one with bare arms inside the church.

Finally a decent hat on Meghan and a sweet photo of the couple (see below).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442April 29, 2018 1:55 PM

R214

The Queen's cousin, Princess Alexandra is the exception. Recent photo below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443April 29, 2018 2:03 PM

R348

Bogart, the older dog, belongs to her ex-BF the chef, Cody. Cody is the one who wouldn't let Bogart move to London.

by Anonymousreply 444April 29, 2018 2:13 PM

Meghan looks great here in the black pants. It was in Scotland where she was wearing the Burberry plaid coat outside and pet the black pony.

I thought Mulroney was still styling her but I don't like about 70% of what she's wearing now. They need to go back to her Suits styling - pencil skirts and flowing blouses. Her legs and butt (as well as her face) are her best features.

The tie coats look like bathrobes and belted dresses make her look really thick. She had a rule of no prints and now she wore that ugly green flowered dress in NZ (or was it Australia?). I can't stand those berets. Hated that brown acorn hat she wore at Sandringham.

It is said that she's been on a health kick and has had to have her wedding dress altered 3x. I wondering whether she is actually gaining weight to help fertility rather than losing weight for the wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445April 29, 2018 2:21 PM

R348 Chill out, Samantha.

Many people had to declare bankruptcy due to Wall St. crashing the global economy. The number one cause of bankruptcy is medical bills.

Meghan's dad lives in Rosarita Beach -- not a dump but a travel destination. Lots of ex-pats live there.

by Anonymousreply 446April 29, 2018 2:25 PM

R396 Old Lady attire and hideous hat on left. I like the big black hat on the right.

by Anonymousreply 447April 29, 2018 2:26 PM

It's interesting that generally she lacks any real style or taste. That seems obvious now. Most of her outfits have been ill fitted, nondescript misses. Harry obviously hasn't opened the wallet to help her (and I suppose she's shrewd enough not to ask before the wedding, for fear the gold digging truth will out) and so she couldn't have had a ton of her own money because what she wears is not much to notice. Where is this Canadian 'stylist'? If Meagain is any indication, I hope the stylist married well.

by Anonymousreply 448April 29, 2018 2:29 PM

Here is Meghan and Harry's astrology chart. It's interesting. A Virgo man is one of the worst partners especially for a Leo, imo.

Kate Middleton is a Capricorn. I find Capricorn women to be very difficult.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449April 29, 2018 2:29 PM

R445 I do like those black pants and top. Looks good on her.

by Anonymousreply 450April 29, 2018 2:31 PM

R397 Her dad is going. The poor thing has been photographed on an exercise bike and walking carrying weights. It's too late to be trying to lose weight. I hope he doesn't stroke out. Just let him be his fat self. Diana's dad was porky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451April 29, 2018 2:35 PM

I think both of Meghan's parents will walk her down the aisle.

by Anonymousreply 452April 29, 2018 2:35 PM

She'll find her own style much the same way Diana eventually did.

But she does need to start looking like a princess and leave the showgirl behind her.

by Anonymousreply 453April 29, 2018 2:41 PM

R448

The Canadian stylist is the one she had on Suits, Jessica Mulroney. She supposedly is still dressing Meghan but it's hard to believe considering how many things recently are so unflattering.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454April 29, 2018 2:45 PM

There aren't too many actors who have a sense of style and taste on their own when it comes to dressing. They are dressed for their roles, and they are dressed for special events, and their every day wear is jeans and t shrits. They usually look like bums. If they do a photoshoot they are dressed by someone. I've rarely ever seen an actor with a personal style that was aorth admiring.

by Anonymousreply 455April 29, 2018 2:54 PM

Nose job. She looks lovely at the end in red w/ smoky eyes and boy brows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456April 29, 2018 2:55 PM

[quote]They are dressed for their roles, and they are dressed for special events, and their every day wear is jeans and t shrits. They usually look like bums.

So true. look at all the candid pap shots of actors walking around LA and NY getting coffee or whatever. They're dressed like poor people, most of the time. They wouldn't look out of place at a Wal Mart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457April 29, 2018 3:02 PM

The Duke of Succox

by Anonymousreply 458April 29, 2018 3:07 PM

Sometimes when I check out my usual gossip blogs like Just Jared and a couple of others, I see photos of Jennifer Garner "on her way to Church," or "going to a meeting" or leaving some school event with her kids, and she has on a dress or a skirt, and she looks terrible. Just terrible. No taste at all. Nada.

So yes they look like bums walking down the street, but they also don't get it right on their own for ordinary daily life activities. I mean conceivably there are occasions when a person has to go to a meeting or have lunch with friends. There's a great distance between a Red Carpet appearance and running to Ralph's to pick up groceries or a Saturday morning coffee run, and a lot of occasions in between when they need to do more than throw on a pair of jeans and they fail at all of those 99% of the time. No style sense.

by Anonymousreply 459April 29, 2018 3:11 PM

He is the Duke of Sparkle.

Forever in our hearts....

by Anonymousreply 460April 29, 2018 3:12 PM

The wool hat is too casual and the coat is fitting in the arms length. The front of the coat is ok but her style is not there. I like Kate form fitted coats better and her hats are a little more interesting. I am not a Kate or monarchy fan.

by Anonymousreply 461April 29, 2018 3:20 PM

R459, Jennifer Garner's errand-running attire plays up her "suburban soccer mom/wronged wife" image for her fans but yes, it's very convenient for her. Reece Witherspoon is "southern country club member" and she dresses up with heels and frills and dangly jewelry which is incidentally her clothing line. If they are getting papped running errands and they don't have a movie/divorce/scandal coming out, it's because their PA called them. Celebrities, they're just like us!

by Anonymousreply 462April 29, 2018 3:30 PM

The British monarchy is supposed to be British. How on earth is an African , British??? Reminds me of poor Hitler forced to allow Arabs into the SS as the war came to unhappy end. Time to do naway with the monarchy if they can't find mail spouses. Look at Andrews daughters--fat

by Anonymousreply 463April 29, 2018 3:31 PM

I like the black hat because it looks like the 70s. 85% of Meghan's coats have been wrong.

Brown is not a good color on her. The tie-waisted ones are truly awful.

Kate's clothes are too conservative for my taste. I agree with you, though that her fitted coats are nice. She seems anorexic to me. I think she and William are smokers.

Pippa and her husband look 20 years older than their ages. Now that his dad is being investigated for 2 rapes, I hope their baby isn't getting high doses of cortisol from stress.

by Anonymousreply 464April 29, 2018 3:35 PM

R462 Reece's clothing line is so ugly, even its name.

by Anonymousreply 465April 29, 2018 3:36 PM

Is it called Reese's Pieces?

by Anonymousreply 466April 29, 2018 3:44 PM

I think Megan is quite pretty and so far she has always been ON. Will be exhausting to keep that up. Her dress sense is poor and she's not dressing to flatter her figure. She would look better in slim pants but that's not gonna fly with the Palace.

by Anonymousreply 467April 29, 2018 3:46 PM

R466 That would be an improvement. Reese's line is called Draper James. Gingham...bleech.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468April 29, 2018 3:50 PM

R451, something about those Dad pictures makes me think he's getting paid to stage them. They are just too clear and in-focus and they fit the storylines that the lower-tier media are trying to run. The one of him on the stationary bike even has the logo from some silly water/drink company prominently displayed! Probably being paid for that.

by Anonymousreply 469April 29, 2018 3:55 PM

Even skinny girls like Meghan wear Spanx! Scroll down to the shot where she is lying on the floor w/ her legs up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470April 29, 2018 3:59 PM

What happened to jackets like this white one that actually fit her and she looked great?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471April 29, 2018 4:00 PM

R469 I don't mind. He seems like a nice guy. Let him make a few bucks.

by Anonymousreply 472April 29, 2018 4:01 PM

R471, as pointed out she looks good when other people pick her clothes for her.

by Anonymousreply 473April 29, 2018 4:03 PM

[quote] Hereford's a cow. Sussex, has the SEX, sounds like sucking, and is too much like whimpy Edward, Duke of Wessex.

They're not branding them like a new soda flavor to sell them to you, you realize. These are actual places where actual British people actually live. The Palace could not care less whether Hereford reminds you of cows or whether Sussex sounds like "sex" to you.

You've been kowtowed to so much by Madison Avenue over the years that you forget not everyone in the universe wants to sell you things.

by Anonymousreply 474April 29, 2018 4:10 PM

R473

But she has the same person picking out her clothes - Jessica Mulroney.

by Anonymousreply 475April 29, 2018 4:13 PM

R474

It is spelled both ways - wimpy and whimpy as in "Diary of a Whimpy Kid."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476April 29, 2018 4:16 PM

[quote]423 What else is a ditchwater blonde supposed to do?

The phrase is "dishwater blonde".

ie, dull and murky.

by Anonymousreply 477April 29, 2018 4:16 PM

R474 No! I, who have never seen an ad about a Hereford cow, absolutely demand that the Queen choose the titles that I think best for Harry and Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 478April 29, 2018 4:18 PM

Dear Lord! Here's Meghan shamelessly making out with another MAN whilst she is engaged to Prince Harry! It is an abomination! This shall not stand! Something must come betwixt her and Harry to stop her from destroying everything we hold dear!@#$$

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479April 29, 2018 4:38 PM

[quote] I, who have never seen an ad about a Hereford cow,

That's not what I claimed. Not even my syntax implies that.

by Anonymousreply 480April 29, 2018 4:54 PM

It took Kate many years with the Queen's intervention to put together her current style. Remember the numerous photo ops with Kate's panties on display as the wind blew up her unweighted skirts/dresses? And she seemed to live in a pair of skinny jeans matched with nude espadrille wedges.

Also, I think Meghan has a much lower clothes budget currently. Last year Kate spent $214,788.19 on her clothing, not including stylist fees and tailoring.

by Anonymousreply 481April 29, 2018 5:03 PM

I read the money for Kate's clothes last year (from PC's people) was $100,000.

by Anonymousreply 482April 29, 2018 5:10 PM

Agreed R474, I was a bit confused by the 'Hereford is a cow statement' until I realised that that is literally all the poster knows about Hereford so assumes that defines everyone else's experience of it. As you say, these are real places where people really live. Hereford to me is the place I used to go to for Saturday afternoon shopping and lunch out with my family. For British people these places are far from abstract - they're where we live.

by Anonymousreply 483April 29, 2018 5:14 PM

R452- not going to happen. None of the royal weddings have had the mom walking the bride down the aisle. Plus, lets be honest, they probably don't want a reminder of MM background.

by Anonymousreply 484April 29, 2018 5:34 PM

He's becoming the Duke of Sussex but she's going to be the Oompa-Loompa of Congo-Mongo.

by Anonymousreply 485April 29, 2018 5:36 PM

I can't wait for the divorce.

by Anonymousreply 486April 29, 2018 5:46 PM

[quote]R484 not going to happen. None of the royal weddings have had the mom walking the bride down the aisle.

You are missing the whole point of how the royal family, and more importantly the public, have embraced this girl.

She is revitalizing England, and they are of course grateful.

by Anonymousreply 487April 29, 2018 5:55 PM

Stylistically I think with Kate when she started out and even now, Kate has always been thin and no real shape to her. She has nice legs, but she is mostly a stick. Of course now after three kids she has a larger bust, but Kate was angular not curvy. So the flared fitted coats are very flattering for her. I think with Kate in formal evening attire, while I've seen her in some lovely things, too often the dress wears her, she doesn't wear the dress. And I get the fact that while the Royals can't afford to overdo it (Melania) they do need to look singularly elegant.

by Anonymousreply 488April 29, 2018 5:57 PM

R454 I think the problem is that her stylist knows how to dress her for a TV show and a red carpet but never dressed anyone for a royal work event .

by Anonymousreply 489April 29, 2018 6:32 PM

R463, Are you English? If you are, why wouldn't you know that Winston Churchill's mother, Lady Randolph Churchill, was American born? Or Viscountess Astor, the first female Member of Parliament, was also American born. There is a long history of Americans marrying British aristocracy.

by Anonymousreply 490April 29, 2018 6:33 PM

Someone priced every item of new clothing Kate wore in public in 2016 and came up with the sum of $214,400.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491April 29, 2018 7:10 PM

R490, if the American is of British descent it is tolerable but this situation is the end

by Anonymousreply 492April 29, 2018 7:11 PM

214,000? That’s outrageous. She’s like a Kardashian!

by Anonymousreply 493April 29, 2018 7:16 PM

I just had a terrible thought! What if Prince Philip or Elizabeth dies before this wedding?

by Anonymousreply 494April 29, 2018 9:56 PM

R492, Your current Royals were imported from Germany. George I and George II were both born in Germany. George III was at least born in England, but again, the family line is from Germany.

by Anonymousreply 495April 29, 2018 10:25 PM

I think she is trying to channel Olivia Pope with all the wrap coats.

by Anonymousreply 496April 29, 2018 10:42 PM

She does seem rather opportunistic.

by Anonymousreply 497April 29, 2018 11:20 PM

And don't forget, R34, Maggie Sweeney! Margaret, Duchess of Argyll.

Marry me, R53.

If King, Charles will never "retire." He will die in the saddle, as will his mother. Technically, upon marriage Sara was The Princess Andrew. Megan will be The Princess Henry. The women go by their husband's title, are not made or born Princesses as Charlotte..

With two bothers Dukes, the youngest Edward married as an Earl, to inherit his father's title Duke upon death, keep the title alive.

R249, you are beyond contempt.

R250, a duchess does not outrank a princess. HM would not deny HRH to the wife of her HRH son. It is hers by right of marriage

R265, it is futile and meaningless to try to educate the tiresome twats here.

by Anonymousreply 498April 30, 2018 1:49 AM

Gotta' say it, referring to the couple as Nutmeg and Ginger is funny.

Almost, R279, but no. HM does not "take back" HRH from a divorced wife, said wife was never royal, was only styled HRH and loses the title upon the endeing of the marriage. Then for identification only she becomes Name, Duchess of …….. Only the Duke's new wife can be HRH The Duchess of ….

Oh, dear …. "Harry: A blue tie with a blue suit; a fashion faux pas; black shoes with a blue suit; another fashion faux pas," Sadly, an "expert" of the ENQUIRER and MAIL school, certainly not an Etonian.

Margaret was born a royal princess. Divorce did nothing to diminish her title. Diana and Sarah were commoners styled royal upon marriage. They lost the husband's title upon divorce,

by Anonymousreply 499April 30, 2018 1:52 AM

R495, Philip is Greek. Germans are bad apples but are close to being English genetically. You don't go to Africa and scoop someone out of the jungle and breed with them. The Bible says blacks are slaves , fir goodness sakes.

by Anonymousreply 500April 30, 2018 2:25 AM

Apparently MM has put PH on pre-wedding diet of healthy food and he has lost 3.5 kg. I never thought he needed to lose any weight. But others are saying it's really down to their cocaine use....

by Anonymousreply 501April 30, 2018 5:17 AM

For the time being Meghan doesn't look Royal. She looks like a c-list actress with very conventional taste who finally gets access to the platinum credit card of her boyfriend, which is the reality. Her wardrobe is actually expensive and I bet it's gonna be much more once she's married.

She still has to give up the red carpet look to embrace of the "agricultural show opening" look, cause besides few glamorous events, that's gonna be her life.

Kate looks Royal : colors, laces and outdated. Royals are not supposed to be fashionista. Even Di had a terrible style when she was married.

And I doubt Mulroney was her stylist on the show, she was for the red carpets outside the show. The production didn't hire her for the show itself. And the Mulroney herself is super tacky (look at those real housewives lips), so no doubt she's still styling Meghan now.

by Anonymousreply 502April 30, 2018 5:35 AM

R483 and 473 Get over yourselves. Of course, I know these places are real English towns. I've worked in London.

Sarah Ferguson was teased mercilessly as the "Duchess of Pork." If you were Meghan Markle, would you want to be associated with a Hereford cow as the "Duchess of Hereford" and make her an even easier target of the internet trolls and posters on the British Tabloid websites?

There is consideration about the effects of being titled the "Duchess of Windsor" due to Wallis Simpson, titles that would associate them w/ a drunk guy who fell out a window to his death, an executed royal, and others. Why not consider the pros and cons of every title choice?

by Anonymousreply 503April 30, 2018 10:53 AM

But R503, I just don't think people in Britain associated Hereford with Hereford cattle in the way that you think we do. I had to look it up after seeing your post because it's hardly the first thing that jumps to mind. We might think of the rural nature of the county, of cathedrals, of cider and farming and even of the SAS training camp there, but we really don't think Hereford = 'a cow'.

by Anonymousreply 504April 30, 2018 11:02 AM

R502 What you say is true, although Mulroney helped pick out the wedding dress for Suits.

I realized after I posted, that the white jacket blazer and pants photo would have been styled by the client or magazine.

I wonder whether Meghan is pregnant or starting cycles of IVF. She definitely looked heavier and clammy in NZ but that could have been the heat and travel plus unflattering printed dresses. She could be gaining weight to make her more fertile.

Diana looked best in her honeymoon photos from Balmorral where Charles is wearing the kilt. I never liked her style of starchy helmet hair, dresses, even the gigantic wedding dress. She looked better before she was made over by the Palace people or her advisors. Diana looked better near the end with the sparkly sheath dresses and trimmed hair .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505April 30, 2018 11:19 AM

R503

Let it go! Markle is American. American farmers own Hereford cows. The breed is one of the major stock breeds in the US. And don't Google that for God's sake.

by Anonymousreply 506April 30, 2018 11:21 AM

R506 - But this isn't about America.....we're talking about Britain and your concern about 'the British tabloids' specifically. It's fine, I really do have better things to go and do with my day now, but I think you're maybe a little annoyed that it's been pointed out that your US-centric POV is being projected onto another country entirely in relation to the business of that country. Never mind. Thanks for giving me the impetus to go and do the real life things that I need to right now.

by Anonymousreply 507April 30, 2018 11:28 AM

R505 I doubt she's pregnant right now, but she certainly gonna be by the end of the year.

She looks heavier cause she doesn't know how to dress herself.

She's super skinny and gets skinnier (hello eating disorders), without good a fitting she looks like she's drowning into her clothes or she looks heavier than she is.

by Anonymousreply 508April 30, 2018 11:35 AM

It's touching how the Windsor boys keep their mother's memory alive by marrying eating disordered women.

by Anonymousreply 509April 30, 2018 11:44 AM

R509 Lol

by Anonymousreply 510April 30, 2018 11:46 AM

The answer to the OP’s question is fairly simple. The only traditional Royal Dukedom available (ie not tainted by historical circumstance like Clarence & Avondale) is Sussex. Next safest would be Albany, which still carries baggage — (homo baggage in this case) but they all do.

They would otherwise have to select select something new.

by Anonymousreply 511April 30, 2018 11:47 AM

R507 Oh brother. Too bad you can't take into consideration how the English Royal Family is seen by other countries but your own.

I guess you don't realize Americans read British tabloids via the internet. There are even US versions of them. Ta Ta.

by Anonymousreply 512April 30, 2018 11:59 AM

yes (R512) Americans read British tabloids, which, by definition, are written from a British POV. I'm sure you also have your own tabloids that also write about the British Royal Family, but I hardly think that the Queen will be worrying about someone somewhere in another country making arbitrary connections that we wouldn't make in relation to different counties when considering which title they could use. As you say, Ta ta.

by Anonymousreply 513April 30, 2018 12:06 PM

Oh and R512 they're known as the British Royal Family rather than the English Royal family, as the Queen is the head of state of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland (albeit with some controversy about the last one in particular).

by Anonymousreply 514April 30, 2018 3:47 PM

How will she go down with a post Brexit British public?

Do you think that she will alienate the British public or will they warm to her?

by Anonymousreply 515April 30, 2018 5:51 PM

She's marrying Harry, not William.

She'll always be a second rated Royal as she doesn't marry the Heir. It doesn't really matter if the public adore her or hate her IMO.

by Anonymousreply 516April 30, 2018 6:09 PM

R516 Is that because she's marrying the spare and so xan be rebelious?

by Anonymousreply 517April 30, 2018 6:12 PM

[quote]But this isn't about America.....we're talking about Britain...it's been pointed out that your US-centric POV is being projected onto another country entirely in relation to the business of that country.

This is a marriage of two countries. Our Sparkle isn't going to subvert herself completely just for the sake of your dusty old monarchy. She'll play along so as not to give Big Liz a heart attack, but it's not like she's going to fundamentally change herself.

And wouldn't it be disconcerting if the person you proposed to became a completely different person over the course of your engagement??

Don't make us throw your tea in the harbor again.

by Anonymousreply 518April 30, 2018 6:17 PM

R517 Cause she's not marrying the future King and most British people have no illusion about Harry.

Everybody over 30 years old remember Nazi and Vegas Harry.

by Anonymousreply 519April 30, 2018 6:19 PM

[quote]Do you think that she will alienate the British public or will they warm to her?

They're rather indifferent to her.

by Anonymousreply 520April 30, 2018 6:22 PM

They will change their tune.

Where America leads, the world follows.

by Anonymousreply 521April 30, 2018 7:17 PM

R518, I'm not sure if you misunderstood my comment? I was responding to strange the Hereford = 'a cow' comment higher up the thread. As for Megan subverting herself, I really don't particularly care about Megan or Harry and I wasn't speculating on how much she's going to change, but to be honest I think the monarchy will change Megan more than she will change the monarchy.

Incidentally, I'm not too keen on the Royal Family in general, I can see the benefits (not least keeping the egos of elected politicians in check by not allowing them to be Head of State - see Trump), and I think some of them do work hard, but I also think that their existence and opulence is an affront to the supposed meritocracy of a modern country. But that's a conversation for another thread probably.

by Anonymousreply 522April 30, 2018 7:27 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523May 1, 2018 12:35 AM

Oprah and those fucking glasses.

by Anonymousreply 524May 1, 2018 12:39 AM

They're all trying to get on the money train.

by Anonymousreply 525May 1, 2018 12:40 AM

[quote] Is that because she's marrying the spare and so can be rebellious?

Harry was never the "spare". There has always been two ahead of him in succession...his father and his brother. Charles is the heir, and William, the spare.

by Anonymousreply 526May 1, 2018 12:51 AM

[quote]Philip is Greek.

Phillip, before he renounced it and became a Brit was a Prince of the Greek royal family. He is not of Greek ancestry. He's from the same German/Danish stock as the current Queen's father was. That's been quite diluted now by the late Queen Mum, Diana and Kate. William is more than 50% Brit and George about 7/8ths. Strangely they all still have those unattractive Saxe-Coburg Gotha sausage fingers. They must be a dominant genetic trait.

by Anonymousreply 527May 1, 2018 12:55 AM

This explains why Meghan's clothes have been so bad lately, especially the black granny get-up with the dragon fly applique hat --- Kate is advising her! I normally like Philip Treacy hats but that dragon fly hat was bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528May 1, 2018 2:22 AM

[quote]Strangely they all still have those unattractive Saxe-Coburg Gotha sausage fingers. They must be a dominant genetic trait.

As are the Windsor horse-face genes.

by Anonymousreply 529May 1, 2018 2:24 AM

Prince Louis' pudgy fingers look exactly like Prince Charles' fingers.

by Anonymousreply 530May 1, 2018 2:26 AM

[quote]R525 They're all trying to get on the money train.

The Royals are? Agreed....

by Anonymousreply 531May 1, 2018 2:28 AM

And Megan's trashbag relatives.

by Anonymousreply 532May 1, 2018 2:35 AM

It's not going to come with an estate and income. William's didn't. Where is this "income" going to come from exactly?

William and Kate got Amner Hall, a property already in the queen's possession - dating back to Queen Victoria. William had to borrow money from Prince Charles to renovate it to his liking, and of course Charles pays for staffing.

Harry's income, even after marriage, is going to be called Daddy, as it always has, plus his half of the Residuary Trust left to him and William in Diana's will.

Andrew got Duke of York. I think the queen purchased a tacky house for him and Fergie, but there was no "income". It doesn't work like that. Andrew continued to be supported by Mummy, as ever, and when the Queen mother died he got a fourth of her cash estate, which was estimated at 10 million lbs total (total estate, not his share).

William lives well because he gets more money from daddy than Harry gets, because he's married to a woman with generous parents, and because he'll inherit the Duchy of Cornwall after Charles dies, which IS an estate with income. Unfortunately it's the only one in the family.

My opinion? Harry ain't getting a dukedom, and the RF will spin at as the bride and groom's choice. They'll pretend to be humble. Right now they're fobbing all their extravagance off on the public "Oh, we didn't want a carriage ride, but the public DEMANDED it." I don't think HM wants to throw a dukedom at a couple that's gonna divorce in less than 2 years. It'll be "Harry and Meghan declined an additional title. They will live in [fill in droughty house somewhere in the Crown Estate real estate portfolio]. Or share the massive Bagshot Park with Earl and Countess Wessex - you could raise five royal families in that - it's bigger than all of Kensington Palace. AND has already been renovated, so the public won't be asked to shell out another several million bucks after shelling out security for this showmance.

by Anonymousreply 533May 1, 2018 2:47 AM

Jessica Mulroney is 100% responsible for Meghan's ghastly wardrobe. That black thing that looked like it was made of stripped rubber from old tires is an Emma Wickstead design, and Mulroney's enterprise had a Wickstead trunk show of some kind a few weeks back. Markle gets her clothes from whatever is sent to her after Mulroney's pleading emails to designers she knows. To encourage them, some massively inflated price is attached to the item and then a claim is made that it sold out.

That pseudo-royal stuff Meghan wears is out of Mulroney's ideas of how a royal dresses, and her ideas are from an old Victoria's Secret catalog filtered through old episodes of Dynasty. Check out her instagram. Every "look" Meghan has worn, and the way she's worn it, is straight up Jessica. They are indistinguishable.

The only way Markle's wardrobe improves after the wedding is if Prince Charles gives her a big clothing allowance. HM never did it for Fergie; I don't think Charles is giving her a Kate allowance for her role as spouse to the 6th in line for the throne. Especially since her clothing sense is embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 534May 1, 2018 2:52 AM

Damn. I just looked at pictures of Bagshot Park. I'd never heard of it. And aside from seeing Edward & Sophie cutting a ribbon or accompanying other members of the RF to church they certainly manage to stay off the radar. But that estate is enormous. My, my, what a lovely charmed life they live. The way Wiki describes it, the estate is solely for Edward and Sophie. Unlike Kensington Palace or Clarence House it doesn't seem to be the kind of place that is cut up into apartents. It's just a huge assed fucking estate. I could go live there and they'd never find me.

by Anonymousreply 535May 1, 2018 2:59 AM

Rumor is that the Queen may give Harry and Meghan the York Cottage as their wedding present.

Harry and Meghan will get living expenses from Charles out of the Duchy of Cornwall. Charles isn't going to deny one son and pay for the other. Meghan is going to get clothing money from Charles the same as he gives Kate money for her wardrobe.

Harry most certainly will get the title of Duke and Meghan will be a Duchess.

by Anonymousreply 536May 1, 2018 3:03 AM

Edward and Sophie have all of this to themselves! What is he, 10th in line to the throne? Good lord.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537May 1, 2018 3:15 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538May 1, 2018 3:16 AM

Shame on them for not springing for Ortho procedures for the daughter. Unless her Ortho care receives immediate, professional attention, she doesn't stand a chance.

by Anonymousreply 539May 1, 2018 3:27 AM

I'm glad Oprah is sorting out the mother. At least that improves the odds she'll show up at the wedding decently dressed.

I can see her successfully going all Diahann Carroll... It would be ridiculous, but at least it wouldn't be Macy's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540May 1, 2018 3:29 AM

It's good to know that the Meagain's family, both sides, is so classy and demure that they would never speak to the press and be discreet.

Oh, wait...

Doria is just like her daughter and all the other, she just waited to raise the stakes. Tss, tss, tss....

by Anonymousreply 541May 1, 2018 3:34 AM

R539. That picture is from 2014. Lady Louisa had surgery and is fine now.

by Anonymousreply 542May 1, 2018 3:36 AM

R542 I think the poster was talking about her bad teeth not her crossed eyes.

by Anonymousreply 543May 1, 2018 3:40 AM

So, what do you suppose Oprah gifted to Sparkle's mother?

"And EVERYBODY in the Audience today gets ......."

by Anonymousreply 544May 1, 2018 3:51 AM

What do you think?

Big bucks for the exclusive story of Meghan's orphan childhood + some selected stories about how Meghan faced racism all her life to finally find the ginger Prince with whom she gonna change the world.

by Anonymousreply 545May 1, 2018 3:54 AM

Charles damn well is going to deny one son and pay for the other. Harry and William both get supplements from Charles, but Will gets much more, because he's the son of the heir apparent (Charles). Will is included in meetings of senior royals from which Harry is excluded, Will has more authority, Will has private audiences with the queen going over whatever the hell it is a British sovereign pretends to do for work these days, and Harry even complained that at one meeting he and Will had with granny, the staff only brought refreshments for Will and the queen. They are NOT equal. When Andrew got married to Fergie, he was at the time the only son with a spouse he himself had to pay for (Charles paid for Diana as he had the Duchy), and he was kept on a short leash financially, despite the queen's favoritism, because he wasn't an heir, he was the spare. Fergie complained that people expected her to dress like a princess without the money.

The wife of the 6th in line to the throne is not going to get the same clothing allowance the wife of the heir to the heir to the throne receives, nor are either of them getting the same calibre of assignments. No tour of Scandinavia on a private jet. That life is for Charles/Camilla and Will/Kate.

As we can see with this wedding, it is a much smaller affair than Will and Kate's to start - hell, Andrew and Fergie even got Westminster Abby. Harry is getting Edward-level. He and Meghan are planning it themselves as apparently they didn't get on w/Charles' guy, and good luck to them with their elderflower cake, their flowers pulled from the grounds, Meghan's press sample dress Jessica will alter to fit and try to update even though it's a few seasons old, and the rent a crowd they're dragging in while booting the homeless into the next county. Every day there's another excuse why the wedding is feeble. If Charles wanted to make a bigger deal of it, he could, but he's clearly kept the purse strings tight even for the wedding.

There are lodges at Bagshot Park. Meghan and Harry could slot right in in one of them, and no one would know they were there.

by Anonymousreply 546May 1, 2018 4:03 AM

There was an uproar when the Queen gave them Bagshot Park to live, and then undertook a million dollars worth of renovation courtesy of the taxpayers.

I just don't see the queen giving Harry and Meghan a major property. Something on the grounds of somewhere, sure. And it better be turnkey. No renovations on the public dime. The public is already pissy about security for the vanity carriage ride.

by Anonymousreply 547May 1, 2018 4:05 AM

I understand that some of the "poor folk" who think they actually have an invitation to the wedding, are actually only there stand outside, to tug their forelocks and scrape and bow as Harry and Sparkle go by.

by Anonymousreply 548May 1, 2018 4:08 AM

Diana saw how Andrew had to beg for money when Charles didn't and she made sure Harry had more from her estate because she didn't want it to be the same for him. Also, The Wessexes only live in a few rooms of Bagshot Hall because they cannot afford to heat it.

by Anonymousreply 549May 1, 2018 4:13 AM

I think Beatrice and Eugenie live on the York estate. Edward & Sophie have an apartment at Buckingham Palace when they're in London.

Look. William and Catherine have three kids. Of course they'll get more money.

And they live at Anmer Hall which is part of Sandringham, and is privately held by the Queen and is not a crown estate. I think Andrew's estate is at Windsor Castle.

If you wiki the list of properties it's substantial and the fucking Kents and the Gloucesters are part of it too. I can understand why Charles intends to pare things down after Mummy is gone. The big problem is that people tend to live longer. The Kens and the Gloucesters ought to be gone by now.

Betty Windsor really ought to do right by HArry. He is a very hard worker.

by Anonymousreply 550May 1, 2018 4:16 AM

I hope Harry doesn't get treated like Andrew. Andrew really has nothing but the grace and favor of his mother. Unless she leaves him something substantial, he will have to rely on Charles and that will not work out so well for him. The living set up of Andrew compared to Edward & Sophie gives lie to all the media claims about Andrew being the Queen's favorite son

by Anonymousreply 551May 1, 2018 4:19 AM

NO R549, Harry did not get more from Diana's estate. Diana's estate, after it paid out about 40% in taxes, and after bequests, was sorted into two trusts, different in kind, the Discretionary Fund and the Residual Fund, each trust divided evenly between William and Harry. Harry did not get more. (Her will is published on line.) Her estate was approximately 21 million upon her death, and 13 million after taxes. The shares are evenly divided between Harry and Will (as with all of these royal bequests, it's trust income, not the capital, to which the heirs have access).

The first trust is the Discretionary Fund. It's got a board of trustees, and includes Diana's apparel and other effects, and I think about 100,000 GBP. It also includes income earned by the assets. The board of trustees uses it for charitable contributions and things like that.

The remainder of the estate is the Residuary fund, divided between Harry and Will, and each gained access to their share (meaning income generated, no the trust fund itself) when they were 25. Harry's share may have accumulated slightly more value as he didn't turn 25 until 2 years after Will.

Altogether it is estimated Harry's personal income is approximately 400k a year. Every time I go into one of these threads I see the fantasy that various relatives took pity on Harry and threw extra inheritance his way. Why would they do that? Did relatives do that for Andrew, Anne and Edward? Or Margaret? There's no "Pity the Spare" extra cash to even things up. I even read the Queen Mum threw her estate to poor, poor Harry. She did not. The queen inherited the estate, and before death (I believe before), her cash estate went to her four grandchildren. Notice she didn't skip over Charles just because he's filthy rich and his siblings are merely rich-ish.

by Anonymousreply 552May 1, 2018 4:30 AM

Andrew and Fergie had so many shady deals with so many shady people that is likely the reason he was not treated well. He did not act that way because the purse strings were tight - the purse strings were tight because he acted that way. Remember when Fergie was caught on tape selling access to Andrew for X amount of dollars? You think she did that on her own? Of course not. That is business as usual for Andrew.

In any case, Andrew has moved onto a Crown Estates property, I believe, and he is getting his way in that the profile of his daughters is being elevated and they're getting many more assignments as working royals. If they become popular - particularly Eugenie - it's going to be hard for Charles to boot them from the "core" monarchy when QM dies.

Andrew's treatment is graded on a curve vis a vis his deplorable behavior. When he's caught being corrupt - he's made trade ambassador. He gets cover every time.

IMO Harry's choice of a fame whore for a bride, one who drops blind items about the women in his family and hints to Vanity Fair that he and she will have "stories to tell" (think that wasn't a warning?), and uses instagram to hint about their relationship, and has herself papped in London and at airports, all with his endorsement, pretty much belie that he's such a great hard working good soul. Even Invictus Games was an idea stolen from The US's Warrier Games and one of the biggest fund contributors were William and Kate. He has basked in reflected glory for a long time. If he didn't go around with them as the three Muskateers for years I don't think he's be the darling he has become.

by Anonymousreply 553May 1, 2018 4:35 AM

R546 Meghan and Harry will get funds consistent with the amount of work they do, not their status. Harry has already proven himself as Meghan has that they're both ready and willing to do a lot of work. Work that William does with a marked degree less enthusiasm. The reason Andrew gets so little is because he does so little. they had to take his duties as Trade Rep away from him because he and Fergie were grifting, trying to get pay for play access. Plus there was his scandal with Epstein. He had to become very "low profile" after that.

by Anonymousreply 554May 1, 2018 4:39 AM

So, I just looked up Bagshot Park, and it was leased to Prince Edward in 1998, seven years prior to his marriage. The final renovation cost about 2.8 million, excess of the estimate of 2.18 million. The Crown Estate was always going to pay 1.6 million of it with Prince Edward paying the rest, and when renovations ran over, the Crown Estate still paid 1.6 with Edward paying the balance, although where Edward got the money I don't know. Maybe from the queen so it was said to be "his" money even though it just passed through him.

Andrew did fine at Sunninghill Park until he moved out in 2004 to go to the Royal Lodge. Interestingly, the renovation of the Royal Lodge was paid for by taking out a mortgage on Sunninghill Park! The Duchess stayed at Sunninghill until 2006.

by Anonymousreply 555May 1, 2018 4:43 AM

Please, Harry and Meghan have done the minimum since the engagement. Once every maybe two weeks. She takes off on a US trip every two weeks and stays a few days. Most recently to get her Visa done in Chicago because it had the most "discreet" VISA office, but turned out her mama was visiting Oprah.

Hell, Harry is so hopeless his brother showed up to help him at his latest engagement. Most of Harry's appearances have been done as part of a trio with his brother and his sister-in-law. What would his work total be if he didn't piggy back on them? Oh, and as soon as Harry starts raising a stable set of kids so that they don't grow up to be clusterfucks like himself and his aunts and uncles and father, maybe people will let him cut back on his so-called work as well. The monarchy will not last if George, Charlotte and Louis grow up to be half as fucked up as their elders. The main job of Will and Kate, IMO, is not ribbon cutting and pinning shamrocks on ponies, but making sure the next generation isn't fucking nuts.

by Anonymousreply 556May 1, 2018 4:47 AM

Harry is well-known for turning his work trips into vacations, such as his glamping expedition in Botswana with Meghan Markle when he was meant to be "working" there. He certainly does love a listening tour. Now that he's head of Commonwealth Youth, or whatever granny threw at him, no doubt he and the missus will be eager to travel to listen and inspire any Commonwealth country in an equatorial region, preferably near an ocean.

by Anonymousreply 557May 1, 2018 4:53 AM

Still time for Harry to back out and you know he's thinking about it.

by Anonymousreply 558May 1, 2018 4:55 AM

Correction, Queen Mum's cash estate went to her SIX grandchildren.

by Anonymousreply 559May 1, 2018 4:56 AM

The cash Charles gives out is definitely down to status and not work done. Will's status makes all the difference in the money he receives. Harry's engagements are not going to be nearly as prestigious, likely won't be foreign (unlike Will and Kate's tours of India, Australia, Canada, the U.S., Scandinavia, etc.) unless he is visiting a charity or appearing in "support" of a particular cause, such as the terrible hard work of being photographed getting a vaccine alongside Rihanna.

by Anonymousreply 560May 1, 2018 5:05 AM

Harry will get the Africa gigs now that he's got a girl with a bit of color

by Anonymousreply 561May 1, 2018 5:19 AM

Harry already gets the Africa gigs and when he doesn't he makes one up. Per Morton's book his Botswana fixation is a joke - it's his booty call destination of choice. Markle was the fifth girlfriend he's taken glamping in Botswana. I guess he bonded there after breaking up with Chelsy Davy (who is from Zimbabwe).

He'll get to go to Africa for some trumped up, half-assed "engagement", but he won't tour any African nations, meet with heads of state or figureheads, he won't do diplomacy and further good relationships. He'll just show up to "participate" "support" "shed light" and then party once the photo op concludes.

by Anonymousreply 562May 1, 2018 5:30 AM

Eugenie and Beatrice are toast once the Queen passes.

"While Beatrice, 29, and Eugenie, 27, currently do not carry out royal duties, receive money from the taxpayer or have publicly-funded police protection, they have still raised eyebrows through their jet-setting lifestyles. "

The Queen has told them they aren't going to work for The Firm and they need to get jobs. She also cut off their royal protection some years ago.

They will become professional mooches like their parents. One is marrying a man who never went to uni and currently is the UK ambassador for George Clooney's tequila.

by Anonymousreply 563May 1, 2018 9:04 AM

"Remember that officially she met Harry in July 2016 - by October 2016 she was already planning on becoming Mrs. Harry Princess"

Bitch is focused.

Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 564May 1, 2018 9:50 AM

Really great points being made here.

Well done.

I still reckon Cumberland is a good choice. Cambridge, Cornwall, Cumberland have a good ring about them

by Anonymousreply 565May 1, 2018 10:21 AM

Cumberland is a chain of convenience stores in the Eastern US.

by Anonymousreply 566May 1, 2018 11:33 AM

[quote]The living set up of Andrew compared to Edward & Sophie gives lie to all the media claims about Andrew being the Queen's favorite son

He lives at Royal Lodge. It's no slum. It was the Queen Mother's home in widowhood. The Queen lived there as a girl with her parents before their accession. 30 rooms, 100 acres.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567May 1, 2018 11:38 AM

R566 sounds appropriate then!

by Anonymousreply 568May 1, 2018 11:39 AM

Harry will get an apartment in Kensington Palace and a house at Windsor or Sandringham.

Somewhere like Frogmore House or one of the houses on the Sandringham or Balmoral estates.

by Anonymousreply 569May 1, 2018 11:53 AM

You can throw all the shade you want but it is widely acknowledged that since Harry's mess in Las Vegas he has settled down. and done a lot of work. Maybe you don't like the Royals, maybe you don't like Harry, maybe you are suspicious of Meghan, but as they say, you are entitled to your opinion but not your own facts.

Spin his trips and throw shade if you like, but the fact is he travels a great distance and maintains a presence for the Crown, and does it very well. His wild partying days are behind him. The Monarchy has enough detractors so that it would definitely leak out if Harry was continuing to misbehave. Of course, I'm sure you and only you will know of some great conspiracy to cover up his misdeeds.

Of course Harry hasn't gone to represent the UK on diplomatic or trade missions in developing nations in Africa and other commonwealth countries. He's just in his 30's now. I suspect he will do more of that as required.

Right now, William and Katherine just started doing some of that in the past two years, most specifically in the past 18 months. There's a balance between Trade & Commerce, Cultural, Diplomacy, and Social Welfare programs and they apportion tasks accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 570May 1, 2018 12:02 PM

America's second 'princess': Why Meghan Markle is a modern Grace Kelly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571May 1, 2018 12:19 PM

Right now if you look at the totals Harry's totals come behind Will and even Kate, and that's with him being a third wheel with them most of his royal career. No way in hell Meghan can be said to be hard-working at this point.

Meghan Markle was billed as a new royal star and on her clothes and make-up alone she is a disaster. The wedding keeps getting re-written to manage our expectations - currently there is a restriction on photography, which has surprised some long time royal photographers on twitter - ones who covered Kate and Will's wedding and the Lindo wing when Louis was born. The wedding keeps getting reduced, and they keep trying to spin it as Meghan and Harry not wanting to outshine Kate and Will, as if.

Harry's "his wild days are behind him" profile was PR and mostly PR. He dated a Burberry model simultaneously early in his relationship with Meghan Markle - same MO - blasting her with texts. Another slim brunette. She was "too straight arrow for him" so don't go there with how reformed he is. He still smokes, drinks, fucks around and bullshits as to the amount of work he does and the way he covers his partying on work jaunts.

The info on Eugenie and Beatrice is also dated. They are no longer partying and spending wildly. Their wardrobe is now more Whistles than couture, keeping it in that Kate off-duty range of $$$. They've been given more assignments, and have risen to the occasion. The media is all about promoting Meghan Markle but if you look around Eugenie and Beatrice have a full slate of engagements and are doing well with them.

by Anonymousreply 572May 1, 2018 12:25 PM

Harry was the more vulnerable of the two boys. He was younger. He was young, but old enough to be aware when his mother was unstable, his parents' marriage broke up, there was the whole infidelity scandal, then the violent car accident, and the funeral. Harry has admitted how he had to get help and went into therapy. He also was an actual soldier. He went into combat. Any one of those things is enough to affect the mental health of a person. So I don't hold it against him that he messed up for a while. As a matter of fact he's pretty normal in that respect, just that he also happens to be a member of the Royal Family.

by Anonymousreply 573May 1, 2018 12:26 PM

But will Harry wear a signet ring?

Can't be a true male royal without a signet ring.

by Anonymousreply 574May 1, 2018 12:28 PM

Duke of Ellington.

Earl of Grey.

Duke of Bush's Baked Beans.

Earl of Pearl.

by Anonymousreply 575May 1, 2018 12:29 PM

r572 seems to be pushing a specific narrative, facts be damned

by Anonymousreply 576May 1, 2018 12:31 PM

I think we'll see Harry knuckle down and specialise in his natural habitats of overseas visits, armed forces and veterans, charity work and raising a family.

Meghan will focus on womens issues and the edgy stuff the Kate will have to swerve as a future queen.

by Anonymousreply 577May 1, 2018 12:35 PM

R573 and to a degree people still treat him like a baby . Especially the St. Harry fans who see William as this evil bully hurting poor little precious Harry who wants to be King so badly but William won't let him .

by Anonymousreply 578May 1, 2018 1:16 PM

Meghan Markle buckling down like a real royal? That'll be the day. So far all she's done is leak to the tabloids to undermine Kate, teeter around on stilettos with strands of hair dangling in her face, go bare legged and bare armed except when around the queen when suddenly out come the pantyhose and the sleeves (but still the absurd piece of hair), and flog her wardrobe to Meghan's Mirror. The rest from her is word salad and performing sanctimony. She's not going to improve. At her engagement announcement she was reasonably dressed in a shift dress, coat and heels, with her hair ok. Since then she has piled on the contour make-up and the lips til it looks like a Kardashian - she's either had her cheeks and lips inflated or uses so much make-up it looks like that. Her hair has gotten worse. Her "Fashion" has gotten more absurd. The learning curve is supposed to be vertical, not on a decline. She looks bored out of her mind. Her only interest in her events is when she gets out of the car and finds the camera.

They won't give her Windsor because she's an American divorce'. It's the most appropriate designation, but a little too on the nose and way too predictive for this disaster.

by Anonymousreply 579May 1, 2018 4:09 PM

R565 one Duke of Cumberland was known as Butcher Cumberland because of his viciousness against the Scots. Another was deprived of his title during WW1 for treason.

It seems very unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 580May 1, 2018 4:13 PM

The Harry fans either think he's an reformed angel or he's poor poor Harry done in by conniving woman who has done to him whatever the girl version of dickmatized is. It's always "She's bewitched poor Harry with the sex!" Nah. Harry's not only as sexually experienced as she is, he's probably partied as hard in bed as she has, or even more so. She reminds me of Angelina Jolie and I keep remembering Billy Bob Thornton saying you can fuck the world's most beautiful woman and it's like fucking a sofa. She probably has the bj as her go to and that's her whole game.

by Anonymousreply 581May 1, 2018 4:22 PM

R576 if you bothered to research you would know what Harry inherited, and you'd know what Beatrice and Eugenie have been up to recently.

by Anonymousreply 582May 1, 2018 4:24 PM

[quote] Most recently to get her Visa done in Chicago because it had the most "discreet" VISA office, but turned out her mama was visiting Oprah.

Oprah's Harpo Studios in Chicago was closed in 2015. Operations were moved to California. So, while Sparkle did come to Chicago about her Visa, there was almost certainly no Oprah connection. Sparkle's mother saw Oprah in California.

[quote]Harry will get an apartment in Kensington Palace

William and Kate lived in Nottingham Cottage when they were first married. Since Harry & Sparkle already live there, they most likely will continue to do so.

by Anonymousreply 583May 1, 2018 4:47 PM

A former handler of the Windsors said that they are great at making it look like they are actually doing something when they're not. Each event actually gets counted as three or four events as they are credited for different segments as separate "work."

And what is the BRF's "work" in any case except to keep themselves front and center and justify their own existence? One of the papers broke it down and IIRC found that their presence had zero or close to zero net effect on their patronages.

And R570, the "work" is all tabulated in the Court Circular, which keeps totals of royal "work" IIRC, Harry's down at the bottom of the list, if not the bottom.

At the last minute, Harry skipped his charity's (Sentabale) Christmas concert, much to the organizers' dismay.

Harry also turned the Invictus Games into a star vehicle for Smeg, by introducing her publicly there, turning the attention away from the athletes onto himself and her.

The DM sometimes has commenters who claimed to have served with Harry in Afghanistan and they claim that he was protected the entire time, and that his presence in one of the camps caused the Taliban to attack and some allied servicemen were killed as a result, so the Hero Harry fable might be apocryphal. But past that, what's heroic about killing Afghans fighting for their own country, and civilians who get in the way?

There was video of Beatrice and Eugenie at some engagement recently that they were headlining and I was shocked at how well-spoken and genuinely charming Eugenie was, especially given what a scoundrel she has for a father, and loose cannon as a mother. I have no dog in this fight, just commenting on how personable Eugenie seemed when I finally saw her speak.

BTW: that model Harry was dating at the same time as Smeg posed with bananas on her social media. For novice Smeg watchers, she was leaking her new relationship with Harry on her social media and one of her memes was spooning bananas, so the model was taking the piss out of Smeggy and Prince Dim.

by Anonymousreply 584May 1, 2018 4:50 PM

[quote]At the last minute, Harry skipped his charity's (Sentabale) Christmas concert, much to the organizers' dismay.

That's a shitty thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 585May 1, 2018 4:53 PM

Harry as a soldier was never on the front line. It's quite normal he was protected as a member of the BRF IMO.

As for the work, I don't call it work. William was certainly more useful to the community as a pilot than as a Royal.

Harry and Meghan's work will be vacationing in poor countries, takes pictures and say some words salad about empowerment. You can call it a work, but it's not hard work. And for the little they do, they have tons of assistants who organize everything.

Harry was an idiot, is an idiot, will die an idiot. Markle finally gets the role of her life. Kate will stay lazy but looks like a good mother and William may well be the last King and seems to know it.

by Anonymousreply 586May 1, 2018 5:46 PM

As the OP for this thread I'd like to thank everyone for their contributions, as it draws towards the 600th contribution.

Very interesring range of views and opinions.

by Anonymousreply 587May 1, 2018 5:50 PM

[quote]5578 poor little precious Harry who wants to be King so badly but William won't let him .

Sparkle is what's going to tip the scales in this regard.

Be ready for some reshuffling.

by Anonymousreply 588May 1, 2018 6:10 PM

Do you think she's a mole for the "End the Monarchy" crowd?

by Anonymousreply 589May 1, 2018 6:13 PM

How do you take a break from not doing actual work. Why are they taking a three week time out of the public eye, from dressing up and spending few minutes with strangers. The life of a royal is one huge welfare pageantry. So what will she be doing while not clamming for the camera, I guess she will be learning royal etiquette walk for the wedding while harry will be getting drunk with his buddies and getting laid somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 590May 1, 2018 6:26 PM

R581,billy is gay and so is angelina

by Anonymousreply 591May 1, 2018 6:32 PM

Why are we calling her Sparkle?

by Anonymousreply 592May 1, 2018 7:25 PM

Not just us, R592. I've seen it on other gossip sites.

by Anonymousreply 593May 1, 2018 7:35 PM

It didn’t originate here r592, it’s common on other sites.

by Anonymousreply 594May 1, 2018 7:36 PM

I hope once this thread is full we'll get another one . It's fun.

by Anonymousreply 595May 1, 2018 9:17 PM

[quote]William may well be the last King and seems to know it.

Given how the demographic changes in the UK are going, this could very well be true.

by Anonymousreply 596May 1, 2018 9:23 PM

I disagree. When monarchy gets it right, there's no better symbol of the nation.

Those boys learned a lot from their mother. I think they'll probably strengthen the institution. You may see things like the Garter service reduced to a simpler, less anachronistic ceremony under William. And of course there will be more tissue paper as part of the decorations at state banquets, but you can't give Carole Middleton nuffink.

Where William is probably smarter than Harry is that he probably understands it is more what you do than what you say. That will be Megain's most difficult lesson to learn. I wonder if she ever will. Ironic she is likely destined to be the next Princess Micheal of Kent.

by Anonymousreply 597May 1, 2018 10:39 PM

R581 well we don't know about Smeg and Harry, do we? I believe Angelina - that's the only thing that makes sense. That little unknown naked person behind Harry in the Vegas pics - spin all day long it's the girl who took the pictures, but that can be spin. I think he's been with guys. Sure a lot of frat type aristo guys mock gay stuff in pictures by enacting is in a pseudo way, but sure as hell not as much nor as enthusiastically as Harry.

Meghan isn't going to be learning any royal etiquette walk. She has no interest. She'll be busy spinning the wedding's deficits into features, and leaking A list celebrities as guests that will never show. I don't think she understood how the BRF works. I don't think she understood the money. I bet she thought Harry had his own money - well, he does, but she had to have thought he had way more than 400k of independent income (and is that before or after taxes). It is HUGE to me that these two are actually planning their own wedding - Charles must have said "Fuck it!" After the Stephen Lawrence memorial which was when? Last week? A couple of musicians reported that Meghan had phoned asking them to perform at the wedding. The wedding was in less than a month at the time!

Sparkle is going to no more set to work learning the ropes of the royal ways than I am. She hasn't done any of it during her engagement - each appearance was worse and more cavalier than the previous. Did you see the video of her barging in front of Harry? When that was splashed all over the internet, she over-corrected the next day with an elaborate "After you". These are basics that she probably thinks are trivial and beside the point. What she thinks the point IS is anybody's guess.

I completely agree the monarchy is, at this point, a racket, and the family will be lucky if it's not done away with before Charles is crowned. It's ludicrous at this stage. The "Work" they do, even the pedestrian flag waving stuff, is pageantry, no more than that. I read a long time ago in Vanity Fair a theory that William doesn't expect to be king and has set himself up with an Exit Plan what with his pilot training and, most especially, his wife's wealthy, utterly supportive family with their own separate estate. I really can't think in recent times what royal spouse has had a family that - whatever you think of the Middletons - actually shell out their own money for their son-in-law, the prince. They made a six figure contribution to the wedding in addition to paying for Kate's dress, and it's the Middletons that hired the private plane taking Kate and William to France - Kate to Pippa's hen party, and Will to do some dad dancing in Verbier while hanging out with one of his closest University friends who owns a popular restaurant there.

by Anonymousreply 598May 2, 2018 12:37 AM

Attending Wimbledon is credited as work, if you can believe it. If they say hi before taking their seats, well, there you have it - a separate unit of work!

by Anonymousreply 599May 2, 2018 12:39 AM

Sparkle dropped a billion blind items in an effort to get herself invited to Pippa's wedding but it didn't work. All Pippa needed was that circus on the day. Bad enough that later on Harry used Invictus as a showcase for his love life.

I am betting right here right now. No tiara. A wedding dress as WTF as everything else she's worn. And no dukedom. They'll say the couple declined. Pryanka Chopra did say she was the new people's princess after all. Of course, they won't have been offered either a tiara or title, but will be allowed to say not having either was their choice.

by Anonymousreply 600May 2, 2018 12:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!